[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which production companies out there do animu or 2D style cg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
Which production companies out there do animu or 2D style cg pretty well? In Japan I know there's Sanzigen, Studio Anima, and Kamikaze Douga, interested if there are any western houses that have done some interesting things with the medium.
>>
>>516688
What is this animu? Looks well done.
>>
>>516692
>Looks well done.
you have eyes right?
>>
File: sophie_20151126012410.jpg (550 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sophie_20151126012410.jpg
550 KB, 1920x1080
I love the look of the gust atelier series.
>>
>>516702
Well I liked the aesthetic, "well done" was probably a bit too much too say.
>>
Polygon Pictures does a lot of work in Cell Shaded animation. They do as good a job as any studio really can with their limitations.

The problem is trying to make 3D look like 2D is always just a to try and cheap out on animation budget. And cheap art always looks cheap. That's one of the reasons RWBY works so well. The show knows it looks cheap and that's part of the aesthetic.
>>
>>516692
bubuki buranki
>>
>>516704
>generic euro street #8474335

why can't japs be creative
>>
SHAFT is one of the original studios that began mixing 3D into their works.
I believe it started with Negima in 2006, but didn't really pick up until Maria Holic. By that point they were using 3D animation for reference poses and to quickly sketch out scenes. They seem to have found a good balance.
>>
File: 1443049970453.gif (2 MB, 300x161) Image search: [Google]
1443049970453.gif
2 MB, 300x161
>>516688
>2d style cg
>good
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.