[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IBL and shadows...lets say I have IBL with the "ennis"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: ennis-auto-1.png (751 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ennis-auto-1.png
751 KB, 1280x720
IBL and shadows...lets say I have IBL with the "ennis" map. I've attempted to add shadows to this, but it looks unnatural since the lights aren't "in" the IBL map and wont affect the BG.

If I have a HDR IBL (PBR) setup how do I do my shadows?
>>
Is fixed camera angle + invisible ground plane the only way?
>>
>>513198
I guess you could quicky model using primitives the countour of the space where you want the shadows to be cast, set the light to only affect that sppecific object, render it as a separate pass and then mix both images in compositing.
>>
>>513211
It'll only work from one camera angle tho? Because ibl cube is at an infinite distance?
>>
>>513213
Afaik, HDRi's could be rescaled. Then again when I've used those I've used spheres, not cubes, so not sure if it works the same there.
>>
you should leave a link to where we can get the hdr
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.