[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Full -Acylic-Upgraded-Prusa-i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: prusa i3.jpg (346 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
prusa i3.jpg
346 KB, 1024x683
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Full-Acylic-Upgraded-Prusa-i3-3d-Printer-DIY-kit-P802-High-Precision-Reprap-Bowden-extruder-single/32340184418.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.1.tLvHWb&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_9_21_79_78_77_92_91_22_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9

Looking to buy a 3d printer. This one seems the best price, size and free gifts. Is it too good to be true? Can anyone with experience in buying 3d printers off aliexpress tell me if this is worth risking?

cheers
>>
3d printing is a meme.
>>
>>502024
fuck
>>
>>502026
Yup. Its real ded.
>>
>>502020

Too good to be true - its DIY (and assembly isn't easy - trust me) and the print area is smaller than what it should be.

I'm guessing the reason its cheap is because its surplus they are trying to get rid of.

But other than that 3d printing is pretty cool - I love my Prusa, and the upgrade potential is good - go have a look at shapeways if your looking to make $$ and make sure your retopo abilities are up to task.
>>
I bought and assembled one of these from aliexpress. A different supplier - Afinibot.

The parts were ok and partly pre-assembled. That is apart from the power supply being weak. I don't think it would handle ABS which requires higher temperatures.

The instructions were terrible and for an older version so by trial and error I had to figure out how stuff should come together.

Cable management was not explained so I had to figure it out for myself. You have moving parts with wiring going to them so it has to be good.

Once you have it setup you can print cool stuff but it's definitely not a consumer product.
>>
http://www.x3dmachines.com/collections/3d-printers/products/genesisduo

Is this one /g/ approved?
And does anyone know when it's gonna be in stock?
>>
Ive been on the fence for about 6 months, eventually bought the original Prusa i3 from Josef Prusa himself. The kit takes a while to assemble but its really fun, i was scared of fucking it up, but its just like an airfix kit. And if you buy from them you get 24/7 chat support. Every question you have gets answered/explained,supported within about 5 minutes. Ill stop before i sound like im shilling.

Just realise with aliexpress, theres quite a high chance a particular part will break, which you need to be able to name and find individually, unless they provide some kind of warranty etc.
>>
>>502020
I just ordered this one! Seems like a good deal. >>502020

Free shipping size 210*210*210mm High Quality Precision Reprap Prusa i3 DIY 3d Printer kit with 2kg Filament 8GB SD card and LCD
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Black-Factory-High-Quality-Precision-Reprap-Prusa-i3-DIY-3d-Printer-kit-with-2-Rolls-Filament/32357171936.html
(from AliExpress Android)

I Just ordered this one yesterday. It's cheap and it should work to start with.>>502020
>>
I'm fairly sure we have one of those printers at our shop, and print quality is not good.

It's not terrible or anything, but it's quite some ways behind e.g. ultimaker2.
>>
>>502448
For 200 odd euro I'll be delighted with any print to be honest. I just want to get something I can familiarize myself with.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.