[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to get a 3D scanner so i can do some body scanning, where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1431439585931.gif (51 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1431439585931.gif
51 KB, 500x376
I want to get a 3D scanner so i can do some body scanning, where would you recommend looking for one?
>>
File: sdlifhnoai.jpg (18 KB, 759x50) Image search: [Google]
sdlifhnoai.jpg
18 KB, 759x50
>>495310
gewgle
>>
Get a couple of PS2 Eyetoys and scan away.

Or you could just google it or tell us something useful like your budget.
>>
>>495310
You can do it with one dslr. You just have to make your subject be very still and use shorter shutter expositions.
>>
>>495310
Download iphone app 123d catch, it´s free, its slow, but it works
>>
Anything that uses a camera to derive your 3d mesh is going to make shit meshes. You want something that uses lasers which means serious doche.

If you don't care that your mesh is basically a playdough lump then 123d catch is good enough but everything you make is automatically public
>>
>>495393
then I have to say goodbye to scanning my friend's pussy
>>
>>495389
"works"
>>
>>495389
123d catch works by not laser scanning, also you don't own anything that you've uploaded.

Why would i use that?
>>
>>495614

Because you haven't fucking told us your budget.
>>
>>495631
>NOT OP.
Let's assume for a second that OP isn't going to spend 2,000 on a scanner.

I wouldn't and considering he's asking here i don't think he wants to either.
>>
>>495639

Alright, well then he should use 123d catch and shut the fuck up unless he wants to get involved in the discussion.
>>
>>495639

>implying the only alternatives for scanning is 123d and a 2 grand laserscanner with nothing inbetween.

Oy vey.
>>
>>495643
Sorry, there is no middle. There's shit for a shit price or there's gold for a gold price. You could probably rent a laser scanner or commission a scan by mail firm for a reasonable amount.
>>
Tell me /3/, what about Autodesk Memento? Is it free? Do you have to upload your models too?

Isnt 123d owned by Autodesk too?
>>
In an undefined moment of the future, 3d scanning and printing will become available to the last human in the planet, like smartphones.

Until that moment arrives -and it will be sooner than expected- I'd like to move a step before the mass and be already prepared.

123d seems like an amateur option. I'm comparing it to a girl using gifyo and learning how to make animated gifs for then sharing them in a social net.

Isnt there any other economic option? Cheaper than hiring a professional studio? And first of all, private?
>>
>>495659

>Isnt there any other economic option? Cheaper than hiring a professional studio? And first of all, private?

I don't know, what is your fucking budget already? 10 bucks? 100 bucks? 1000 bucks? 10,000 bucks?
>>
>>495659
buy kinect.
>>
>>495659
The models generated by photoscans are really not good enough for any actual 3d application.

maybe MAYBE as 3d references, but only on easy to scan objects. I tried scanning a friend's face with 123d catch. 30 images of just their face, and it was a blobby shit. It looked well enough like her with the texture, but the actual mesh would have been useless in an animation or something.

maybe thatd be a good way to make textures.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.