[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon TCG/O General: Ashime Frog Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77
File: Ash's Frog Edition.jpg (141 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Ash's Frog Edition.jpg
141 KB, 600x800
OLD THREAD: >>24840904

New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

News/Legal List/Set scans/etc
>http://pokebeach.com/

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>unlock all locked cards in the three theme decks you're given at the start
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>enter theme tournaments with basic green and get both hitters prized
>enter standard/expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes a tradable pack
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>use the Trade section to trade the packs and chests for the shit you need
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ for a list of viable decks or ask here

Your old cards are probably worthless.

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. For example, Top Cut Trading inc
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2/

To get a general idea about what is strong in the Meta go there
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/metagame-deck-discussion.250/

Pack codes are worth about 15-30 cents while other codes are worth around a dollar or two.

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Never post them as text, even if they're missing a letter/number
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered

If you're interested in working on /vp/'s custom TCG, find their general in the catalog and post there.

TotT: What's your opinion on Ash's Greninja becoming an EX?
>>
>satoshi gekkouga
JUST
>>
>>24864365
>Ashime
>can't even buzzword right
>>
I have Bolt Twister(Water,Electricity) and Stone Heart(Grass and Regirock). If I get a third deck what should I look for to make a nice triangle of decks to swap around? Maybe a fourth deck too?

The I also wouldn't mind a 2015 Championship deck if one of them works well with my current deck's colors (Super Effective/Resist and all that).
>>
>>24864468

Is this on the TCGO or IRL?
>>
Any good idea for a steel type deck? I want my revenge on Gardevoir
>>
>>24864497
Aegislash + Bronzong and if you want to have fun, Excadrill with Barrage. M Scizor will be great for next year.
>>
File: Screenshot (70).png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (70).png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>24864497
I working on a M-Aggron deck for Standard. You can try my list if you're interested?
>>
>>24864365
translate pls
>>
>>24864529
Ash-Greninja-EX – Water – HP170
Basic Pokemon

[W][C] Shuriken Dance: 20x damage. Flip 3 coins. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads to 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon.

[W][W][C] Ninja Blade: 130 damage. During your next turn, this Pokemon can’t use Ninja Blade.

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
>>
Any way to get blister a bit cheaper than usual on amazon?
>>
>>24864581
laughing seismitoad.gif
>>
>>24864492
IRL, why is this thread just for online?
>>
>>24864830
its for the trading card game
online or irl
the problem here was probably that the online meta is different from the irl one
>>
>>24864950
It's more so I can have an easy game to play with friends and family that I'd actually enjoy and MTG is too impenetrable for newbies.
>>
>start playing camerupt
>suddenly every deck I go against is glalie or regice
>>
>>24865301
ptcgo want you to lose
>>
>>24865301
I have a similar story...

>Start playing PikaZone
>Run into Lucario Bats
>Decide to run Metal.dek
>First deck I run into is Entei/Charizard.

I'm beginning to think this game does this on purpose.
>>
>>24864516
Bronzong seems to be the way to go. I ended up building a list based around it and Registeel and Heatran. I definitely need to pick up some Aegislash though. Do you guys recommend using the special steel energy?
>>
>>24865387
Personally, I would say not unless you really need it, because it's bait for Xerosic/enhanced hammer, and also you're walled by aegislash-ex
>>
I want to make an AT Excadrill deck, is it worth it to run it with eeveelutions, or should I just do bronzong/aegislash/dialga? I feel like if I run it with dialga it's mostly just a backup attacker that deals with pyroar/regice. should I add heatran?
>>
>>24865628
Eeveelutions aren't as useful for Excadrill as they are for Golurk. It doesn't need Blacksmith and it doesn't have the HP pool for Rough Seas.

I have never seen Heatran achieve anything. Phantom Forces Skarmory is better with Excadrill. It has a cheap attack that's supported by Muscle Band and Giovanni, its 3-Energy attack hits for more, and it's not weak to Fire.

Dialga is incredibly weak to disruption. I wouldn't bother. Man I miss Klinklang.
>>
>>24865301
Hey, if you win you'll advance through the ladder faster with the Upset.
>>
>>24864522
You're missing a key card there sport
>>
>>24864581
JUST
>>
>>24864950
Do people not spam Shaymin IRL?

>>24864762
Replace the .com in Amazon with .es
>>
>>24864468
The 2015 Championship decks are great if you want to lose all your friends immediately
>>
File: 14507432530912056592822.jpg (800 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
14507432530912056592822.jpg
800 KB, 2560x1440
Found this at Wal-Mart, I know it's probably competitively worthless but hey why not
>>
if a robo sub is the last pokemon you have and you play cassius on it the active part of the game freezes and you can only click away the afk timer until the game finally claims that "there was a problem with your game" and the client shits itself
>>
>>24865930
The deck looks pretty bad. But it helped me progress my collection. Thanks f@m.
>>
>>24865886
>spam shaymin
>theme format
????
>>
Jesus fucking christ I'm sick of the same exact same starting hand with the exact same cards prized every fucking game and going second to boot.

>opponent gets miracle start
>I'm stuck
>no matter what deck

Fuck this game.
>>
>>24866043
Get good
>>
>>24866062
More like stop playing Standard.
>>
>>24866043
What a vague and useless rant. What do you want us to say? "Drop a Lysandre for another Basic so you don't mulligan so much". "Open up with Hex Maniac to compensate for the high probability of an enemy Shaymin."
>>
>>24865086
just get the battle arena decks. They're relatively well balanced against each other since they were created to be played against each other.

Basically like Duel Decks in MtG.
>>
>>24866135
>every game is Shaymin or support basic + 4 VS Seekers and other useless shit
>every compressor or Ultra Ball the Hoopa/Supporter/Octillery/Shaymin is prized

I'm playing that new Yveltal deck and all I start with is Shaymin, 2 Gallades, Maxie and energy every game. This game is fucking rigged.
>>
File: WIN_20151222_00_06_56_Pro.jpg (190 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20151222_00_06_56_Pro.jpg
190 KB, 1280x720
Here have some codes. Post pulls please my personal pizanos.
>>
File: big gainz.jpg (309 KB, 1205x683) Image search: [Google]
big gainz.jpg
309 KB, 1205x683
>>24867370
thank you emotionless kind spirit infront of a christmas tree
>>
File: NEW.jpg (337 KB, 1190x685) Image search: [Google]
NEW.jpg
337 KB, 1190x685
>>24867370
bless your soul disaffectionate helper of the poor
>>
>>24867404
I do look sorta unemotional don't I.
I'll try harder next time
You're welcome.
Merrychristmas.
>>
So is there anyway to get past the paywalls sites like 60cards and pokebeach use on their articles? I'm interested in reading them but there is a 0% chance of me paying any money to do so.
>>
>>24867429
Someone rich enough should subscribe and copypaste/screenshot all their articles, just so their shit fucking dies. Seriously paying for reading blogs? in 2016? Top kek.
>>
>>24867429
>>24867472
None of their advice is worth paying money for

Source: someone who pays money for it
>>
>>24867472
Im honestly surprised that hasn't happened yet.
>>
I can't keep up with this shit

people quit after they lose a prize and even if they don't I can only get like 3 knockouts a game

goddamn I wish there was a pure dragon theme deck and an electric theme deck that didn't suck dick
>>
File: challenges1222.png (337 KB, 1159x401) Image search: [Google]
challenges1222.png
337 KB, 1159x401
>>24867700

whoops, forgot image
>>
Testing...
>>
File: memepharos 2 electric boogaloo.png (386 KB, 933x330) Image search: [Google]
memepharos 2 electric boogaloo.png
386 KB, 933x330
>>24867700
>>24867709
just use memepharos
>>
>>24867725

Too bad Memepharos is stopped in its tracks by Head Ringer, which is starting to rise in use again.
>>
Anyone know if you play against PC players in the mobile version? Any differences between the 2?
>>
>>24867805
"remember when memepharos was good?"

"memepharos was never good"
>>
>>24867808

The iPad version of the client and the desktop version are mostly the same, but the iPad version has some limitations (the biggest being unable to use the iPad's camera to redeem codes in the same way you can use a webcam to redeem codes on the desktop client) due to the format.
>>
>>24867843
okay cool thanks :D so the ipad version is different from the IOS phone version?
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 500x475
>Forgot to pack a mat.

Goddamn it.

But then again, I only packed these TCG-related items...

>Binder
>Sleeves
>Empty ETB
>scale
>Code cards (for the Chrismas Eve giveaway)

>>24867827

Exactly!
>>
>>24867860

There is no iPhone/iPod version, the iOS client is only for the iPad.
>>
>>24865970
So they wont really revert the virtual game
Do the staff even look at this and think "what an amazing job we did, only a minority of customers should be complaining since I was not fired"

Binder guy, how do you even keep playing the game with this meta
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 439x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 439x386
>>24868068

I do it for the kids that want to learn how to play the game. And as far as the TCGO is concerned, it's fun to watch people throw shitfits over the RNG.

Oddly enough, the last tournaments I attended were two BREAKthrough PRs.
>>
>>24867877
Speaking of ETBs, they're actually the perfect size for fitting in multiple decks.

You can fit three of Ultrapro's basic plastic deckboxes in there with room to spare for extra cards or code cards or anything. I love them even more.
>>
>>24868153 #

I used mine as a storage container for 4 chargers (2 3DS, 1 DS Lite, and 1 GBA SP) while I was traveling, but I suspect it may be filled with cards when I leave.

I also use 'em to carry League stuff (promos, holo Energy, code cards, badges, etc.)
>>
>>24868110
>Oddly enough, the last tournaments I attended were two BREAKthrough PRs.
You were never gud enough for the real deal desu senpai.
>>
>>24868225

I got Top Cut at a City Championship years ago, but that was back when Darkrai-EX was king...

Now if I ever enter a sanctioned tournament, I go to have fun.
>>
Bought a bunch of boosters today and cracked pic related + a bunch of foils and a Xerosic.Other than a couple theme decks these boosters are the only cards I have. Is Thundurus-Ex good in any decks or is it just to sit here and look cool as fuck
>>
File: 001.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>24868687
Goddammit, forgot pic
>>
File: e.jpg (583 KB, 1920x1092) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
583 KB, 1920x1092
Hello /tcgo/, I've been playing the game blindly for around 2 weeks now and I was wondering if anything can help me build my deck.

I've been trying to make a Steel-Water deck revolving around Metagross/Gyarados/Regice, the last one specifically to counter annoying pokemon-EX spammers. I want to optimize the deck more but I'm not sure what to do, can anyone help me out?
>>
>>24868687
>>24868695
Thundurus-EX is pretty shitty, it's the least valuable UR/FA pull you can get in Roaring Skies. The full art card is pretty though.

Phantom Forces doesn't have as many pretty cards, but it's sure as hell got the most practical ones.
>>
>>24869069
I don't have much specific, but the one thing everyone will tell you is:
Fewer Energies
More Trainers

Depending on the deck, you can get away with somewhere around 10 energies. You make up for it with more cards that draw you cards, or dig to those cards, or find the cards you want. I'd try to also run more copies of the Pokemon that work well for you. Regice and Articuno jump out at me, and having more of them makes the Gyarados line an easy candidate for removal.
>>
>>24869069
drop metragross
drop gyarados
start over

also
never use any of these cards again unless you are building a meme deck and are ready to lose 90% of your games:
evosoda
more than 1-2 professors letter
pokemon center lady
steven
tierno
wally
expshare
rainbow energy
any total energy count going above 12
>>
>>24869118
I get some of those but why no
>evosoda
>2+ prof letter
>steven
>tierno
>wally
>exp share
>rainbow
>>
>>24869116
I only have 2 regice unfortunately and I can add another Articuno.

Also for the energies I'm finding them just about enough desu 7 and 9 energy is just about the limit before I usually run out.
>>
>>24869139
I have no clue why not on the last three, since they've been situationally stars in a couple of tourney winning decks, but I can agree on some of the others

Most evolutions are trash or searchable with better cards. Why use Evosodas on something like Vespiquen when you can already use level ball? Why use Evosodas in Zoroark when you maindeck 4 Ultra Ball for discards already?

Multiple professors letters are useless when you have only 6 or 8 energy total in your deck. You shouldn't need more than one per game except on special occasions like Blastoise or Magnezone.

Pokemon Center Lady is useless in basically anything that isn't Wailord because the game is OHKO central. Healing 60 out of 180 doesn't do anything if you're taking 200 damage next turn.

Steven is a really slow card since you can't use the supporter you search, and every deck these days is running 4 VS Seeker, so you should already have searchable supporters. Skyla is a better card due to versatility despite no energy (which isn't useful all the time due to the 6-8 energy thing) and a lot of decks don't even run that.

Draw 3 cards is always a mediocre card when there are like four cards in the format whose respective effects are drawing 5 new cards, drawing 4/7 new cards, drawing 4 cards and disrupting your opponent, and drawing 7 new cards. Sure, you lose your current hand, but your deck should be 50/60 Pokemon and trainers which you can place down before using the supporter. Any extra supporters get recurred by VS Seeker. Any Pokemon you want to play probably means you have a good hand, don't really need to draw. Stuff like tierno only has use when you absolutely can't discard, like Metagross AT, Otherwise Shauna outclasses it by 2 whole cards alone, and Shauna isn't that great of a card at all.
>>
>>24869139
>Evosoda
You can play a search card that doesn't limit you to evolutions of Pokémon already in play. In general, you should run anything other than Ultra Ball with few exceptions for Level/Heavy Ball.
>Letter
You need the room for other cards, if your deck runs around 10-12 energy, you will be drawing into them with draw cards anyway.
>Steven, Tierno
Outclassed by other supporters. See Sycamore, Shauna, Birch, Judge, Giovanni.
>Wally
Only needed if a turn 1 evolution is crucial for your deck, see Trevenant.
>Exp. Share
You won't get much off it in competitive play. Most good attackers attack with low energy costs or have better ways to manage the big costs. It might be fine at your level though.
>Rainbow
It's pretty good actually in the right deck.
>>
>>24869139
ultraball searches you any pokemon
levelball searches you any low hp pokemon
heavyball searches you any high retreat pokemon
diveball searches you any blue pokemon

evosoda.... lets you evolve a specific pokemon on your bench already, only if it was there for one turn already and only if you actually have a target remaining in your deck, while with the real search cards you can just go for an alternate target if your evolution turns out to be prized. its just a bad card

prof letter is good but you should never run enough energy to justify more than two letters
if you run a retarded amount of energy like 20 you are prone to opening hands with 1 pokemon and six energy and just lose the game

steven is a supporter that searches you an energy card
that's all he does for that turn
that steven could have been another copy of the supporter you are actually wanting to get its a waste of a supporter card and too slow to be ever worth anything.
If you keep playing this game you'll find yourself cheering up when you see your opponent play a steven for his supporter per turn, that's when you know you won the game.

tierno draws 3 cards
cykamore draws 7
tierno is a rollerstakes without coinflip for carddraw, if you want carddraw without discard that bad run 4 skates, they draw you 6 cards for 4 on average and don't eat up your supporter per turn

wally this card is great in trevenant decks its bad anywhere else

expshare has its niche usage in minor situations if you run exp share you are supposed to know what you are doing
you are clearly an amateur thinking "hey nice I get free energy!"

rainbow energy is a niche card as well, it may find usage if they ever make mewtwo work. Other than that its mainly used in toolbox decks which are currently bad due to the lack of max potion
if you need rainbow energy to get attacks going in a two type deck it shows you managed your energy count badly
>>
>>24869202
>>24869183
>>24869175
So for trainers I should ditch Soda for Pokeballs, some prof letter, Wally for VS Seeker and Steven/Tierno for other Birch/Cykamore/Rollerskate, and maybe exp share and rainbow got it

But what about the pokemons? I get /vp/ thinks Gyrados sucks but from what trainers you're suggesting me it seems my best option is to just load myself with EX-pokemons and other no evolution pokemon.
>>
File: ukoZkU3.jpg (245 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
ukoZkU3.jpg
245 KB, 1680x1050
I'm currently playing my own version of adapted with two other housemates.

Our meta is strictly limited to our own self-imposed limitations.

We only allow 3 EX per deck and only a 'fair' amount of the old trainer cards that would act as supporters today.

I current use a water deck, but I'm looking for more gimicky combinations.

Any ideas?

My next deck is going to be metal.
>>
>>24869272

I currently run 'safeguard' suicune, x2 Aurous, and a few hardcharms. For support I run the new octilary too.

For offense I run Seismitoad, Articuno (delta ability), and primal kyogre.
>>
>>24869272
What cards do you have? Which ones are you looking to use? Depending on your intentions, we may be able to brew something interested

As for Metal Decks, you may try to build an Ultimate Sword with Aegislash EX which deals tons of damage or an Ultimate Shield with Registeel EX (second attack+4 Special Metal Energy+4 Shield Energy+Hard Charm)
>>
>>24869288
I can buy any cards I need. As long as I don't break the aforementioned rules I'm good to go.

I was originally planning on a Dialga/Aegislash combo, but Regi could work. I like the sound of how tanky it could be with a few energy removals in the deck.

Thanks!
>>
File: regice stall.jpg (353 KB, 1279x829) Image search: [Google]
regice stall.jpg
353 KB, 1279x829
>>24869257
I've been trying to make a reasonable deck out of your list but it's really hard to turn this into something I'd want to play
like I said it would be best if you started over with a new deck idea
sometimes I see people running regice vileplume miltank with average success
but unless you are planning to get some toads I don't think you can make blue work for you.
and sorry for the SR vs seeker and other pretty cards I tried putting in the cheapest cards but I just don't own 4 non SR vs seekers anymore
>>
>>24869297
I don't know many options for an unlimited Water Deck, I may research a bit this afternoon and come with some ideas later.

Metal though, you have lots of options:
-Acceleration: Skarmory (Call of Legends - Early Game), Bronzong (Phantom Forces), Starmie (Delta Speicies);
-Control (Highly Recommend with Registeel): Klinklank (Black&White), Magnezone Lv. X, Golduck Break;
-Damage: Scizor Prime (Undaunted), Aegislash (Phantom Forces), Cobalion (Noble Victories), Cobalion EX (Plasma Storm);
>>
>>24869318
>don't have around 20 of those cards
t-t-thanks anon, I guess I can find some other build
>>
>>24869363
Start looking for staples instead of other builds. You should try to get playsets of cards like Sycamore, VS Seeker, Ultra Ball, Battle Compressor and generally shit that's useful in any deck.
>>
File: KruppMad.png (128 KB, 392x468) Image search: [Google]
KruppMad.png
128 KB, 392x468
>opponent concedes before I can land the finishing attack
I'm doing a fucking challenge you pathetic cunt. Just let me KO you.
Litrally just happened 3 games in a row.
>>
>>24869415
I intentionally forfeit before people can get a KO if I'm going to lose so people cannot complete their challenges.
if you are going to win against me I'll at least take this victory over you by denying your fun.
>>
>>24869418
your mum is fat
>>
>pull four of these
>pulled 5 latios EX FA
all untradable
>didn't pull a single rayEX variant
>didn't pull a single shayminEX

did the devs actually rig the pull rates for the client and are bursting out in laughter everytime this happens?
>>
File: why.jpg (210 KB, 975x583) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
210 KB, 975x583
>>24869446
>so upset I forgot the image
>>
File: image_55.jpg (207 KB, 778x1018) Image search: [Google]
image_55.jpg
207 KB, 778x1018
>>24864522
>not having FA of all the cards you can
Trash
>>
>>24869454
talk shit
post list
>>
>>24869446
I keep opening the dragon rayquaza. I have over 6 trade locked
>>
>>24864581
Is this correct translation? One of your opponents Pokémon? As in ANY? Holy fuck. I wonder if you'd have to choose which one before flipping.
>>
>>24870034
I believe you choose the target before you flip.

That's actually not that good though, you're going to average 40 damage every time you use that move. That's not exactly a spectacular damage output, even if you combined it with a regular Greninja. Plus it's an EX pokemon, so your opponent is going to KO it in a turn or two and then take two prizes.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (332 KB, 1734x1387) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
332 KB, 1734x1387
OH BOY

THAT'S A LOTTA VENDING MACHINE CARDS
>>
>>24867709
Haxorus and Hawlucha for Dragon
>>
>>24869272
3 EX per deck makes absolutely no difference. 1 Yveltal EX will beat 6 Stage 2s if you get it out on the first turn.
>>
>>24869418
I say "End this". If they don't, I leave. Simple as that.

>>24870142
>you're going to average 40 damage every time you use that move

20 x 3 = 60
50% of 60 is 30

Jesus christ
>>
File: japanese guy in a costume.jpg (366 KB, 890x532) Image search: [Google]
japanese guy in a costume.jpg
366 KB, 890x532
You're playing a friendly match. Suddenly your opponent slaps pic related on the table. What do?
>>
>>24870605
That Omanyte looks so rad, does it comes with a similar looking Omastar?
>>
>>24871361
Tell him not to play a second supporter on his turn
>>
>>24871456
It does really look amazing.

Unfortunately the only other gen 1 Omastar (apart from the Fossil one) is pic related.
>>
>>24871476
Such a shame... Will look for more cards illustrated bye Aya Kusube and post the noteworth results.
>>
File: Aya Kusube.jpg (1 MB, 2703x2282) Image search: [Google]
Aya Kusube.jpg
1 MB, 2703x2282
>>24871525
Aya Kusube definitely has some of the best looking artworks in the set.
>>
>>24871571
Really dig the Abra too, but Omanyte still goat. On a different topic, that Metapod is actually quite interesting to have in the draft with its ability protecting other grass types.
>>
>>24871476
Vending had all sorts of fossil support. I'll never forgive WotC for not bringing it stateside.
>>
>>24871599
>tfw not enough of the fossil support cards yet to put in the cube to give fossils the respect they should've gotten

Oh, Wizards wanted to release those cards in English. It was Nintendo who stopped them from doing so and just said "fuck it" when they took over and jumped a few sets ahead, skipping a lot of the cards from gen 1 and gen 2.

>>24871585
>As long as Metapod is in play, ignore Weakness when any of your Grass Pokémon are damaged. This power stops working while Metapod is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed.

It is pretty gud. I'm not really happy with the Butterfree line, though. I never played it back in the day or in the game boy version of the TCG. Still very tempting to use it, though.
>>
File: DIPS BEDORA XDDDDDDD.png (26 KB, 889x737) Image search: [Google]
DIPS BEDORA XDDDDDDD.png
26 KB, 889x737
>>24869418
>if you are going to win against me I'll at least take this victory over you by denying your fun.
Way to support shitters like these who do that in any game that they're losing. You're only serving to slowly reduce the playerbase until there's only those shitters left.
>>
File: $_1.jpg (35 KB, 400x298) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
35 KB, 400x298
I wonder how fun a first gen singleton cube would be. Most of the chains would be quite draftable because nearly every basic mon had three versions. Although it would probably be fun to include alternate art cards as well.
>>
>>24871758
Singleton as in "every first generation card has one copy in the cube".
>>
Are the versus matchups supposed to pit you against nothing but weakness teams?
>>
>>24872012
It's intentional. Yes.
>>
>>24872016
I was wondering why I started seeing Gardevoir decks out of nowhere the second I try out a Dragonite deck.
>>
>>24872029
Just uncheck "hard mode", m8.
>>
Guys how do I counter people who spams
>Mewtwo EX
>Lucario EX
>Something something EX all 6 active pokemons are EX

I know Regi series are good but I'm getting tired of relying on them.
>>
>>24872555
If they're relying on special energies (DC, strong energy) - Aegislash ex
Regice is the best anti-ex attacker we currently have, and it's a non-ex, so that's really it
>>
>>24872555
Pyroar can be good but megas will own you. I agree with >>24872597
>>
>>24872597
How do you get Aegislash-EX? Should I just pray I get a tradeable booster pack and trade some from other players?
>>
>>24872555
Those decks are shit unless it's Rayquaza.
>>
>>24872634
Just wait a couple days for when BinderGuy and I do code giveaways
>>
>>24872635
>play with someone who has a EX physic squid thing
>Keeps sleeping both my regice and recycling lysandre 4 fucking times
>Solo me with that one card

nah
>>
>>24872665
Malamar is luck: the card, if you're losing to a starter Malamar you need to get a better deck.
>>
>>24872664
I'll pray to the RNGoddess you'll post around the time I come then
>>
>>24872665
I hate Malimar so much. Please tell me I'm not the only one who misses a coin flip 6 times in a row
>>
>>24872669

I think he is referring to Malamar EX
>>
>>24872721
Still luck. He's easy to revenge kill and if you let him set up and sweep your deck needs work.
>>
File: Screenshot (2).png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (2).png
1 MB, 1366x768
Yo, first time here. looked everywhere to converse w/ ptcgo people.

I wanted to create an arceus fa promo deck ._. but my deck sucks ass. pls help
>>
>>24872785
Ask that to Cortana, fgt.
>>
>>24872785
>all that energy and different pokemon elements
holy shit I'm no expert but you need to make a new deck
>>
File: Screenshot (1).png (885 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (1).png
885 KB, 1366x768
>>24872797
ik lol thats why i came here bby.
>>
>>24872804
Smeargle + Bronzong + Yveltal + Landorus + 4 Max Ether in 2 months.

It's still shit.
>>
>>24872813
so just trade off arceus? theres no use? ._.
>>
>>24872785
Ok, pal, suppose the stars align for you, everything goes right and you have an Arceus with 9 different types of energy (this situation is unheard of, by the way) and you can do your great big attack worth 270 damage. What do you do on the turn after that when your Arceus is knocked out?

Like, I get that it's a cool card but you can't build a deck around one cool card.

Maybe you need to do some more Theme matches against the computer and learn the rules of the game first.
>>
>>24872785
>>24872816
Did you make this or the deck wizard? Christ. Arceus is trash. At least Ho-Oh EX can potentially revive itself.
>>
one question, when i get muted, can i talk w/ friends? good point :/
>>
>>24872826
lol
>>
>>24872816
I mean, keep the card if you like it, but I just don't think you can build a good deck around it. You would need 4 different colors of energy on it (super difficult) just to do 130 damage. By contrast, there are lots of cards that can do 130 damage with only 3 energy of the same color
>>
>>24872837
lel what did you get muted for
>>
>>24872852
spamming allahu akbar
>>
>>24872785
Battle compressor + the Milotic that kills itself. You'll still lose but at least you'll attack with Arceus once or twice per game.
>>
JAF-YR63-5UG-P5P
SGD-JGDC-CPE-NM5
>>
File: panpour.png (954 KB, 1278x719) Image search: [Google]
panpour.png
954 KB, 1278x719
>>24873004
Thanks for the monkey.
>>
File: muhcardz.png (2 MB, 858x970) Image search: [Google]
muhcardz.png
2 MB, 858x970
u mirin muh cards bruh?
>>
>>24873127
>not having 4 Shaymin

work on the essentials before collecting trash bruh
>>
File: finally some fire pokémon!.jpg (909 KB, 2862x1340) Image search: [Google]
finally some fire pokémon!.jpg
909 KB, 2862x1340
>>24873127
bretty gud

But since the online game is basically unplayable at the moment, I'm stuck with paper cards.

Also, I like my niche trainers.
I'll keep drafting Mr. Mime until everyone else realizes that Goop Gas Attack might be a worthwhile sideboard tech.
>>
File: WIN_20151222_23_40_47_Pro.jpg (206 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20151222_23_40_47_Pro.jpg
206 KB, 1280x720
>>24867404
>>24867414
How's this for emotionless you bastard. I love you, please leave me alone, I hate you, you really hit em hard today sport, i'll see you next week. Luv you <3
>>
>>24873258
That first letter is a Y.
And that 2nd section looks like DHEO, but it's actually DHED
>>
File: garbodor.png (947 KB, 1278x716) Image search: [Google]
garbodor.png
947 KB, 1278x716
>>24873258
Oh boy.
>>
File: the quest for shaymin continues.png (763 KB, 844x513) Image search: [Google]
the quest for shaymin continues.png
763 KB, 844x513
>>24873258
Thanks, anon!
>>
>>24873258
fug I just came back ;;
>>
>>24871651
I don't mind
>>
>>24873127
>3 shaymin
>2 SR vs seeker
>1 FA lysandre
>no fa birch
>2 manectric ex not even FA
whats even the point of having this many EX cards when they are all worthless and you can't even make a deck look pretty with the staples?
>>
>>24873258
hahahahaha
that's great
>>
File: tithe1.png (624 KB, 1296x758) Image search: [Google]
tithe1.png
624 KB, 1296x758
>>24872859
>>24872880

halal
>>
>>24873874
why did he concede?
>>
>>24873896
a self-sacrifice that will share our message

mohammed is the messenger
>>
Are the servers just shitting themselves right now or is it just me?
>>
I have a small question: If my opponent fails to draw a Basic Pokémon for the 53r time, may I draw my whole deck? Will I win, because I have no prizes then?
>>
>>24874425
Draw hand, place prizes, then mulligan. Read the rulebook.
>>
>>24874439
I know, but you may draw 1 card, if your opponent fails to draw a Basic Pokémon. So what happens, if he fails to draw 1 for the 53rd time?
>>
>>24874455
Then I guess you lose if you draw every time because the rest of your deck will be in your hand, making you unable to draw a card, losing the game
>>
>>24873874
Ah, I think I played against you once. You kept yelling at me every time I did anything. You paused for a little while, so I said "Admiral Ackbar" to you...................

Then you started yelling at me again.
>>
>>24874455
You've got it out of order.

You draw 7, then put down a basic. Your opponent draws 7 until they get a basic. If they don't 60 times in a row, it doesn't matter yet until they do. If they get to 100 and finally get their basic, then you set 6 prizes. You're now 13 cards into your deck.
Finally here is the step you start drawing cards for their mulligans. You have 47 cards left in your deck and 6 prizes. You lose if you choose to draw 47 and can't draw for the start of your turn because that's how the game always works.
>>
>>24873127
I have more FA EX cards irl, then the collection you're showing here.

I have about 170 FA EX
>>
File: 1449029921250s.jpg (3 KB, 125x93) Image search: [Google]
1449029921250s.jpg
3 KB, 125x93
>Opponent always has exactly the right cards they need in their hand at all times

How?
Do people literally cheat?
Some guy had 4 Escape Ropes, as well as Ethers which worked perfectly all conviniently when he needed them
>>
File: KIMG0239.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0239.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
RIP
>>
>>24875075
This reminds me of when back in primary school I got a Shining Gyarados card from a kid in my class, didnt get the time to get it out of my jacket when i came home because instant dinner, mom puts jacket in washing machine without checking my pockets, card gets ruined
>>
>>24874971
Get good
>>
>>24874656
Photos man? Would like to see. How much money have you spent on pokémon cards?
>>
>>24874971
When Pokemon is built around "draw 7 cards per turn" effects, it's really not that difficult. Especially given your starting hand and prizes already cut that down to like 47 cards.

The ethers are retarded, but people run tons of one-ofs because they know they'll see those cards within a game anyway.
>>
File: ATbQdc3Sw-c.jpg (579 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
ATbQdc3Sw-c.jpg
579 KB, 2560x1920
Hi! Is it worth anything outside of Russia? I just heard it is pretty valuable but... I want to be sure
>>
>>24875319

It's worth around 40-45 bucks, IIRC.
>>
Pre-Christmas Eve bump.
>>
Why is Faded Town banned now? I need to use skyfield for my Hydreigon deck now
>>
>>24876082

Probably some game breaking bug in PTCGO
>>
>>24876082
>>24876116
I'm sure someone reported it in the bug reporting section of the forums.
I'll maybe check later.
>>
>>24876132
So it's just for a bug? Good news I really like playing that card
>>
File: octillery slurpuff.png (363 KB, 490x342) Image search: [Google]
octillery slurpuff.png
363 KB, 490x342
So, Breakthrough Octillery and Phantom Forces Slurpuff both serve a similar purpose, but which do you like better? Are there any situations where the other one might be more useful?
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 277x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 277x256
>http://www.pokebeach.com/2015/12/winter-and-spring-regional-locations-announced-all-age-divisions-to-pay-fee

It's about damn time.
>>
>>24876310

slurpuff is obviously better in numbers

if you have bench space for 2 slurpuff it outclasses the ever-living fuck out of octillery, especially consdering there are practically no cards that disrupt your hand, making it easy to accumulate cards

octillery requires less setup, which is a plus, but if you're looking for less set up then you really should just be running shaymin instead
>>
I love how specific the counters are in versus. Like I haven't seen a Night March in forever that I've been running bats, then switch off of them and 3 Marchers in a row.
>>
File: 20151223_160928.jpg (840 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20151223_160928.jpg
840 KB, 2560x1440
I bought my 1st pkmn car pack and got this guy, how did i do?
>>
Anyone have any success trading normal art Shaymins plus packs for Full Arts? If so how many packs would be good?
>>
>>24877080
Curious as well. I made some offers but never got one accepted. And no, I'm not giving 2 shaymins for a full art
>>
>>24877059
Pretty card, but he isn't usable at the moment or the near future
>>
>>24877090
Why not? :(
>>
>>24877108
In order to one shot something it has to have 120 HP left for the next attacker. Then the next Glalie can't drop one energy and attack, if it can it only does 100. Normal Glalie + Empoleon is better.
>>
>>24877118
Wut i donno how to pkmn tcg i just got the pack because it had my fav mega
>>
I've had the hankering to try TCG recently and I spent today playing the first GB game. I'm thinking I should stop while I'm ahead, but would you guys recommend a cube draft or something?
>>
>>24877231
No. Cube draft is fucking stupid.

But that one twat who shills it hard will be in to convince you otherwise any moment if you're not already him thinking this'll get discussion going.

They've spent years slowly balancing the Meta. As shittily as they have done this, it is still a better balance than any self-aggrandizing teenager can actually manage to, despite how much he thinks he can.

Just pick one of the formats and play it. You get the huge bonus of now having an international standard and formats run to this if that is your thing. If it's just you and your mates anyway, may as well play the standard so you can use the PTCGO to practice etc.
>>
>>24877307
The thing is I'm more of a VGC player who's bored with the current progress of the current format (especially since it'll take a few events in the New Year to really get it going) so I'm not sure if I want to get sucked into keeping up to date with rotations.

I'll probably make an Unlimited deck later this year because my waifu is strong in it though.
>>
>>24877325
Who is your waifu mate? I would love for this place to have more discussion around the Unlimited format
>>
>>24877456
inb4 it's psychic lock gardevoir
>>
>>24877141
In simpler terms, you spent $4 on a pack and pulled a card worth $8. Rejoice.
>>
File: image_5.png (160 KB, 464x470) Image search: [Google]
image_5.png
160 KB, 464x470
>>24872676
>tfw I'm the guy watching it happen to the unlucky player
>>
Just checking, this week's bundle is not worth getting, right?
I already have 2 Ditto from the first time.
>>
>>24877083
>>24877080
I have a full art shaymin I'm willing to trade for a shaymin How many packs were you offering?
>>
>>24877864
I can do 6 breakthrough.
>>
>>24877874
Got anything else?
>>
>>24877894
Nope, only giving packs.
>>
>>24877902
any other type?
>>
>>24877944
6 AO 5 RSK
>>
>>24877605
But it was 3.98$
>>
>>24877858

A general rule of thumb is to get a playset of 'em when you can.
>>
Do they have certain intervals for when new card bans come out for standard and whatnot? Do we get to vote on what cards we feel should be banned somewhere, and I just don't know about it?

I just really can't stomach playing my anti night march decks anymore. I used to have so much more fun when any well constructed deck was capable of winning. Then night march came along, and I swear it's done nothing but negatives for this game.
>>
>>24878709
Sets rotate every September 1st. In general, cards don't get banned. An extreme scenario that goes against the spirit of the game needs to appear for a card to get banned. LTC completely eliminated one win condition from the game while giving both players unlimited resources. Shiftry could win games before a player could even take a turn. Cards don't get banned just because you can't git gud.
>>
>>24878888
what a fucking waste of get
>>
File: merryxmastcgogeneral.jpg (40 KB, 583x179) Image search: [Google]
merryxmastcgogeneral.jpg
40 KB, 583x179
It's a little early, but merry Christmas!

If possible, post what you pulled.
>>
>>24878709
Night March has been around for a year now. Maybe you should consider getting good and stop being a little fuccboi. Or just go play Yugioh if you need banlists to fix your skill deficit.
>>
>>24879019
long gone but thanks all the same
>>
Any good cards that go with a Malamar AO based deck?, the non full art one? Should i get Malamar-EX?
>>
>>24877059
If it's not Mewtwo, its not good.
Still a cool looking card.
>>
>>24875319
Was thinking about trying to get them all, then I saw how much they were selling for. I drop it.

The idea was cool
>>
File: 30b.gif (259 KB, 96x96) Image search: [Google]
30b.gif
259 KB, 96x96
>>24875095
>Would like to see. How much money have you spent on pokémon cards?
Who said anything about buying them?
My job throws away pokemon packs, I just take them.
And that many photos would flood the thread with pics
>>
File: 1365178415306.jpg (73 KB, 637x627) Image search: [Google]
1365178415306.jpg
73 KB, 637x627
>>24880492
>My job throws away pokemon packs, I just take them.
Let me guess, Walmart right?
I used to work there and do the same, I quit it for a better job.

All the free Pokemon cards in the world would never make me want to work in that shit hole again.
>>
Does anyone have a deck list that could help with the current challenge.
There are not too many pokemon weak to metal.
>>
>>24881931

Just run a M Manectric/Regice deck and tech in a couple of AT Articunos.
>>
>>24881956
>M Manectric
I don't have any...
Thanks anyway.
>>
>>24881931
>>24881961
Oh wait, I forgot about fairies!
I only have 2 M gardevoir, but I have 4 Xerneas EX.
Can I make a usable deck with that?
>>
>trainer EXP below 3k for the second time even when I won
What the fuck is going on
>>
>need to evolve into mega manectric to essentially win the game
>ultra ball for it
>the 2 left are both prized
>opponent concedes moments later
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Mew anon reporting in with a literal Christmas miracle
>>
>>24882116
>Mew anon
Who?
>>
>>24882299
I'm just someone who collects mews, another anon asked about my collection a couple threads ago so that's just what I go by I guess

my collection is basically finished now though which is cool beans
>>
File: WIN_20151224_16_54_50_Pro.jpg (215 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20151224_16_54_50_Pro.jpg
215 KB, 1280x720
Wow! A huge Christmas eve giveaway! Unprecedented access to my personal codes!
Posts pulls please my holly jolly pizanos
>>
What are some good partners for M-Rayquaza in Standard?

I was thinking of maybe pairing it up with Regice and Mismagius.
>>
>>24882640
Someone already beat me to it, I hope they post the pulls.
>>
>>24882833
Bronzong so you can also run Aegislash EX and Heatran.
>>
>>24882116
That must make me Mewtwo anon
>Stop collecting cards around gen 2
>Got back into it this gen
Well, this is all the Mewtwo cards I have.
>>
File: 20151224_184449~2[1].jpg (844 KB, 2490x1423) Image search: [Google]
20151224_184449~2[1].jpg
844 KB, 2490x1423
>>24883113
forgot pic
>>
>>24883113
>>24883135
>Mewtwo gets 10 new prints in the last two months
>Mew gets a box dedicated to it in February

it feels good bro
>>
File: 20151224_181336.jpg (1018 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20151224_181336.jpg
1018 KB, 2560x1440
>>24877059
Samecfag who posted this my dads girlfriend got me 4 pkmn packs tonight and i pulled these two their pretty cool
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 320x240
So...

Who's ready for that code giveaway?
>>
>>24878888
Well, we've found our night march player.

Fuck I hate everyone online. God forbid you ask a fucking question without some passive aggressive asshole acting superior when there's a legit reason for people hating night march/vespiqueen. Getting good has nothing to do with it when you can get hit with a 230+ attack on the first turn. If you don't see a problem, then it's just a total waste of time wasting breath on explaining it to you.
>>
>>24879176
>skill
>vespiqueen/night march
>fuccboi

Why do I have a feeling you're a 12 year old bean pole that gets picked on at school? I'm glad I didn't have to grow up with internet tough guys when I was a kid. It makes you angry like this chump.
>>
>>24884175
M-Ray can hit for 240 on the first turn, your point is invalid.

Pokemon is an extremely balanced card game. Some decks are obviously better than others but you look at the decks that topped and won throughout regionals and cities this year and you see zero over-centralization. So when people come to this thread to bitch about a particular deck there's no point in acknowledging it.

And for the record NM and Vespiquen both fall apart to energy denial, splash damage, item lock and bricking. So yes the decks are defeatable.
>>
>>24884219

what this guy said

toad, especially with lysandres trump card, made one of the most bipolar formats I've ever seen in pokemon, where you were running toad or going anti-toad

the format now in comparison is wide open, and night march has had such little success I struggle to see how anyone cries about it

both night march and vespiquen cannibalize themselves to get quick knockouts, often struggling with consistency early because of the number of pokemon in the deck and struggling with energy later because of their reliance on double colorless

don't quit because your EX got knocked out turn 1, because you can often force them to miss a beat later and take the game
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 455x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 455x650
Is anyone still interested in the giveaway? I have three code cards that are ready to post.
>>
>>24884430
Anytime man, and Merry Christmas.
>>
>>24884430
Yeah
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>24884456
>>24884458

Alright, here's the first batch.

And since it's Christmas, I'm treating these like they're Christmas presents. That means censoring out any form of identifiable information as best I can.
>>
>>24884477
>All been redeemed
Thanks anyway man. Merry Christmas
>>
>>24884477
Thank you based Binder Guy!
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>Two of the codes had identifying text uncensored.

Whoops, won't be happening again.

And remember, show off what you got!

>>24884494

Now hold on, I still have more!
>>
>>24884515

>fast daze

a noble victories theme deck was probably the last thing I expected but thanks
>>
>>24884515
Well, I didn't get any this time, but the last batch was a Scoundrel Hoopa Pack, a promo N darumaka pack, and a plasma shadow theme deck.
>>
File: Bisharps.png (394 KB, 793x380) Image search: [Google]
Bisharps.png
394 KB, 793x380
>>24884515
A bunch of foil Pawniards/Bisharps, Foil Metal energies and a foil Tierno. That's really cool, thank you
>>
>>24884515
>just woke up
>few minutes late for everything
t-thanks...
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
And now for a dinner break...

>>24884529

That code was from when I found that bundle containing that French Plasma Blast booster pack, I chose not to redeem it because I already had it in my account.

>>24884536

Yeah, I could tell that thanks to EN portions of the cards.

>>24884550

That's a leftover League code card, I've got some laying around.

>>24884552

Don't feel bad, I've got more...

And if I buy some more cards on Boxing Day, I might do a giveaway that day or the day after that.
>>
>>24884572
Iron Tide theme deck, and a copy of the bundle this guy got:>>24884550

Thanks.
>>
>>24884572

thanks for the fennekin deck mang

I think I needed another delphox
>>
>>24884572
It's cool I'm too late again and it all got redeemed in a minute seriously.

I think I'm just gonna take a break or something, trainer challenge is bugging out and I don't want to grind more on EX spammers just so I can get a aegislash to counter them.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (310 KB, 845x1000) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
310 KB, 845x1000
>Buy hoopa EX box set for the full art promos
>Open first pack, which is also my first Break Evolution pack ever
>this is one of the pulls

Fucking christ, is this card even legal?

I also pulled a Primal Kyogre EX from one of the other packs. That card was pretty sweet looking too.
>>
>>24884621
you're a lucky man

also there's a lot of decks with 2-3 of those guys out there so goodluck
>>
Looks like the giveaways doing well...

>>24884580
>>24884584

Both of those decks were given to me by League regulars and I already had them on my account so thought it'd be fit to give 'em away.

>>24884589

Sorry about that...

Should I post a warning when I.m about to post a code bundle?

>>24884630

You got your Mewtwos mixed up, most run the one with Photon Wave.

Although you are onto something, that one's the more expensive of the two.
>>
>>24884639
>Should I post a warning when I.m about to post a code bundle?

Would be great
>>
so /vp/ now that I got some coins, what should I be buying next? I already got Dark Hammer, Iron Tide, Storm Rider.

I never brought any phantom forces booster packs yet, is it a good investment to spam those?
>>
File: 20151222_233020-1.jpg (3 MB, 1873x2669) Image search: [Google]
20151222_233020-1.jpg
3 MB, 1873x2669
Been collecting for over a decade. Never played the trading card name once.

Got 5 packs to open tomorrow. Cross fingers
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.