[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & Dead Communities General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 137
File: fuck.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
127 KB, 1280x720
He Creates A Desert and Calls It Stellaris
Collectors Edition

>Stellaris OP
http://pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
https://mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
http://pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0 [Embed]

>More info on Civ VI:
http://www.pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
http://well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Unambitious Warscore Demands: >>147905302
>>
>148126986
You should change it to having a tier 2 bonus instead. Your zero-cost traits have merit, but the bonus should still be felt. Consider applying random chance with meagre returns. You'll get a "Huh" factor and that's all you need.
>>
>>148152190
Guy who asked about stellaris vs distant worlds here. I went ahead and bought Stellaris since it was cheaper... I'm getting just about one day every second on the fastest speed. Is this by any measure 'good'? "Normal" and "Fast" seem to go about the same speed to me. Other than that I'm not noticing the usual Paradox lag (Crusader Kings II, HoIIV, Victoria, EUIV, etc), and aside from some slowdowns the menu seems pretty fluid. Mind you that this is on version 1.0.0, and the patch is downloading right now.
>>
>>148143597
Could be two very much stylized fasces.

Well, actually, not the fascces but just the axes minus the fasces.

But I guess horse ass is fine, too.
>>
>>148152717
>I'm getting just about one day every second on the fastest speed. Is this by any measure 'good'?
pretty sure speed is capped regardless of your PC's performance
>>
>>148152717
Just patch it.

I had that problem in 1.0, but with 1.1 and later it runs fast enough on fast or very fast, even in lategame in a 1000 star galaxy.
>>
>>148152717
>I went ahead and bought Stellaris since it was cheaper...
you fucked up anon
>>
Some mod recommendations if I want to turn my stellaris game into battle tech?
>>
Anyone play endless legend in here?

If so, is the latest expansion worth it?
>>
>>148157434
Worth what? Money? If you're a pirate definitely download it, it only improves the game IMO. If you want to buy it, I guess that depends on your financial situation, you can buy it on sale I guess

Talking about Shifters right? They haven't released a new expansion after that, yet?
>>
/4xg/ Discord!
Come join!

https://discord.gg/hwVSS
>>
>>148157634
I'm just wondering if it's like Brave New World and it added a bunch of good stuff that made the game significantly better or of it's just weather effects and a shit faction.
>>
File: 1467741187667.jpg (325 KB, 872x1224) Image search: [Google]
1467741187667.jpg
325 KB, 872x1224
>>
>>148160929
I'll roll
>>
>>148160929

rolling nigga
>>
What should my research priorities be in Stellaris? I just got the game, and I've basically focused entirely on unlocking destroyers and getting new ship parts. Am I doing this right?
How much science output should I be shooting for in the earlygame? These techs are rolling by painfully slowly, and I feel like I'm getting outpaced hard.
>>
>>148164040

Are you expanding hard? More planets = more research cost

Wich in time should be offset by the new science labs.
>>
>>148164558
How hard is expanding hard? I colonized a nearby planet and have maybe two or three frontier outposts.
>>
>>148164837
Whats the year, I think the guide line is your first colony by 2208, your second by 2013 or something similar.

If people don't comment on your mod, how the hell can I improve it? Just wing it?
>>
>>148160929
Steam rollin'
>>
>need to actually try to keep up on hard rather than steamrolling everything
neato

should keep me entertained for a while longer then
>>
>>148160929
rollan
>>
File: molluscoid.png (65 KB, 499x301) Image search: [Google]
molluscoid.png
65 KB, 499x301
How do you monitor war score in Stellaris?
>>
>>148171340
>How do you monitor war score in Stellaris?
it's on the bottom right of your galaxy screen?
>>
File: 1304609244127.jpg (29 KB, 722x415) Image search: [Google]
1304609244127.jpg
29 KB, 722x415
>yfw some alien FUCK decides to settle in the middle of your empire
>>
Civilization 6 is looking like a pretty good game desu. I'm much more optimistic for it than I was about CiV.
>>
Are you guys okay with the fact that energy is the main bottleneck in planetary/military expansion? Because to be quite frank, I'm not okay with it.

It feels like the mineral income was balanced around constantly rebuilding ships and/or replacing building as your empire's priorities change. But the thing is that as warmonger-friendly as this game is, constant warfare to the point of requiring complete fleet rebuild is rare, and replacing buildings to meet demand is a stupid idea given the ludicrously slow construction speed. The only time I've found myself starved for minerals was when three empires wardec'd me at once, and that was mainly because I had no dedicated "minerals only" planet to begin with.

Really, buildings in general needs to have their energy cost reduced severely or generator output needs to be improved significantly. Hell, I'd even be okay with being able to replace one building with another of same tier as long as you have the tech for it.
>>
>>148171641
Thanks. Shit is small.
>>
>>148175434
You can just dump your excess minerals onto AIs for energy whenever your short, so unless you're totally isolated diplo wise, it's not much of a limit.
>>
>>148173582
a lot of people are. the only thing I see people bitching about now is the graphics, unlike civ 5 where people bitched about the lack of features
>>
>>148160929
>literally 50% of the time I random I get japan
>this will probably be japan too
>my captcha has a star of david in it
>>
>>148173582
>>148176323
>civ VI
>now even more casual

Are you guys serious?
>>
I don't suppose anyone has good loadouts for their ships in Stellaris? I tend to make a few variations of each weapon type coupled with some point defence for each ship type. But I'm not sure if Its optimal.
>>
>>148178314
>england
>archipelago
>diplomatic
does this mean I kill everyone with ships of the line until I'm the only person left who can vote?
>>
>>148178352
how so?
>>
>>148159471
>of it's just weather effects and a shit faction.
It's a few new mechanics that don't have any bearing on the game, but mostly that part there
>>
>>148160929
hit me
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-11_17-23-58.png (2 MB, 1448x934) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-11_17-23-58.png
2 MB, 1448x934
this guy keep s being a dick wad. He set up a city between mine blocking it off completely. Like I can't connect to my place anymore.
>>
>>148178460
In civ IV on harder difficulites, you had to think when choosing your tech. Wrong choice could fuck up your entire game.

Now even that will be choosen by the game for you. You cannot even lose by fucking up your tech priorities.

I would also argue that new worker system is more casual friendly then the old one.
>>
>>148178934
>Now even that will be choosen by the game for you.

chosen is the wrong word, i meant "solved by the game"
>>
I dig the workers have charges so you don't have some eternal slave for thousands of years, but I don't like the instant build times. Maybe 1/2/3/4 turn builds on quick through to marathon speed
>>
>>148178934
well, I wouldnt really say that, I'd say its different. techs are now spread across culture and science, so now a science based civ wont dominate like in civ 5. the eurekas seem a bit much to be able to just halve times, but the techs might take a while to research normally and they might get really difficult later on (not just building a mine or chopping down a tree or whatever.)
workers are a bit more casual, maybe? but I think they're just different. space matters a lot more because of districts, and the charges mean that you cant just fill up your territories with farms and whatnot, and then replace them easily with districts later. you have to constantly be building fresh workers, taking up production. im not a fan of the instant build times but oh well. also them removing worker automation means that it might be less casual friendly because shitters are going to be stuck more on what they want to do, instead of just letting the ai handle it. (and yea, a lot of people used automation)
>>
Why does everyone love civilization series so much? It doesn't seem like a particularly special 4x game. The combat sysetm is so boring I've never been able to get into it
>>
>>148152717

I actually just reinstalled Distant Worlds Universe after playing Stellaris. First played Distant Worlds around its release date. So much better than Stellaris in my opinion, but Paradox games need a lot of time to become a full game. We'll see
>>
All I want from civ 6 is a competent AI that doesn't settle dumpster 1 tile tundra island cities 10 turns from the end of the game, or try to jew you over on every trade because 1:1 on luxuries you both have duplicates on is not fair or something, or harass you with endless prophets even after you ask them to stop, then get grumpy when you attack any prophets he sends into your lands or towards your city state allies.
>>
>>148178934
I'm not seeing an argument. There is still a tech tree.
>>
>>148179374
Because of the leaders.
You can see it with Beyond Earth, basically an identical game but the leaders are fictional people that have no story, and no one talks about it.
>>
>>148179374
A. its a normie game.
B. it has a lot of personality.
C. easy to get into.
>>
>>148179374
It was the original
>>
File: sudetenland.jpg (23 KB, 430x327) Image search: [Google]
sudetenland.jpg
23 KB, 430x327
>>148178856

I think you know exactly what you have to do.
>>
>>148180793
Germany was really pretty before ww2
>>
>play Stellaris
>save some of the pre-made races and put them into the game
>make custom races
>make custom homeworld names
>save vanilla homeworld names

>get into the game, and the races suddenly have [star name] + [Roman numeral] as their home planet name

Is this a bug, or did I dun goof something?
>>
>>148181871

You're really pretty now
>>
>>148181876
you prob goofed somewhere
>>
>>148183151
I know, I lost a shit ton of weight and the beard I grew looks pretty damn badass
>>
>>148184112

dont say that when I'm just thinking about cutting all of mine now
>>
File: matriarchy.jpg (261 KB, 1034x1412) Image search: [Google]
matriarchy.jpg
261 KB, 1034x1412
>tfw conquering the galaxy as a race of space qts
>>
>>148184112

I'll lend-lease you 5 tigers if you let me nest in your beard
>>
>>148187108
There's a mod that gives that portrait slightly larger eyes, I think it's the one you're using, the clothes are the same.
I don't know why, but that tiny change makes me go hnnnng

I think it's the look of disdain in her face
>>
When was the last Civ game to have Teddy R.?
>>
>>148187938
Do you have it? Mine hasn't got larger eyes but would want?
>>
>>148189594
It's very slight, I can't even tell if the eyes are larger, or it's a bit more makeup
Are you using the German portraits mod? That's the one I'm talking about

The difference between them is is phenotype, you can notice between 4 and 5, I think
>>
If Civ 6 doesn't have Vermin Supreme I'm suing Sid and everyone here
>>
File: stellaris portraits.jpg (21 KB, 359x222) Image search: [Google]
stellaris portraits.jpg
21 KB, 359x222
>>148189934
Here's a comparison
I think they're cute
Paradox should invest more in space waifus
CK2 would definitely be better if the portraits were cute
>>
>>148152190
>be OP of last thread
>don't make OP
>thread dies without new thread link
Wew
>>
>>148192281
lol holy shit the bigger eyes makes her look retarded. Like she's the opposite of crossed eyed or something. Her right iris is too far left (our left). Bigger eyes would look better if she had a smile or something I think.

My mod was the Separate Humans mod some anon from here made.

Was it the Imperial German Portraits mod? Think I have that
>>
>>148192984
I was just checking, and the eyes are the sheboon's. It might be that what I thought was mascara was a darker skin tone, since it was made for the black woman. I think they look fine.

Yes, that's the one
>>
File: Symbol.png (49 KB, 162x182) Image search: [Google]
Symbol.png
49 KB, 162x182
So, I'm currently playing the following:
>Traits: Industrious, Thrifty, Sedentary, Slow Breeders.
>Ethos: Fanatic Spiritualist, Collectivist.
>Government: Plutocratic Oligarchy.

Fanatic Spiritualist removes the Slow Breeders penalty, and I get a +20% income on Energy and Minerals, along with a -25% cost in Mining Stations. Collectivist allows me to enslave, relocate, and purge divergent pops, should any occur despite my significant bonus to conformity.

My question is, how do Sectors handle slavery? If they handle it well enough, should I exchange Slow Breeders for Decadent?

Additionally, does anyone know what the icon that I've posted means? I get the symbolism behind the laurel of wheat, but what are the two mirrored shapes in the center?
>>
I seriously regret not taking the ability to enslave or purge people. Putting up with unhappy people is so stupidly hard.
>>
>>148193874
>identifying your empire as a horse's ass

Sectors enslave anyone if it will produce a higher resource yield I think. So basically all minerals/farms will have someone enslaved on it. They won't address faction issues or anything.
>>
>>148195091
it's such a pain when orbital mind control and edicts and -%ethics divergence buildings and +%happiness buildings don't work.
>>
>>148195230
Oh, that's fantastic; so I won't need to worry about the happiness penalty of Decadent, and the Fanatic Spiritualism will help create new pops faster.

Thank you!

>identifying your empire as a horse's ass

Yeah, yeah; I'll go with the bull's head symbol.
>>
>>148195349
>don't work
do all of those things just don't work?
>>
>>148196246
The happiness buildings do but the ethics divergence stuff just never seems to change my pops. I will never not go collectivist because you cant get rid of pops with different ethics any other way.
>>
Despotic Empire or Plutocratic Oligarchy?

>>148197207
Going individualist is suicide; it's ridiculous that you can't enforce your will on your population.
>>
>>148197268
>Going individualist is suicide
exactly. It's bizarre how often an individualist empire will produce pops that have non individualist ethics. It's like they want less freedom.
>>
>>148197464
>We're so devoted to the ideals of freedom and liberty that we demand that you enslave us RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>148197464
I have a tribute that loves being my tribute
>>
>>148178458
Yes. The solution is to always kill everyone.
>>
>>148189116
None, I think? I also checked civ wiki but can't found any game with Teddy in it, except for Civ VI
>>
File: 1459694005144.jpg (40 KB, 427x427) Image search: [Google]
1459694005144.jpg
40 KB, 427x427
>>148198351
Patrician detected.
>>
>Tfw purging a species for the first time
>Click X

Damn. Does this make make me soft? I don't know why, but I suddenly felt bad for committing genocide on individuals who really had no hand in the war. The conflicting belief is that I want to keep my race/nation pure.
>>
>>148199016
>Does this make make me soft?
yes.
>>
>>148199016
Your weakness will poison your people.

You owe no allegiance to aliens. They evolved under different circumstances, they do not think like you do. They consume resources that would be better utilized by your species and serve only as a roadblock on the path to greatness.
>>
File: Hitler_1928_crop.jpg (576 KB, 1600x1900) Image search: [Google]
Hitler_1928_crop.jpg
576 KB, 1600x1900
>>148199287
>>148199171
You're right. I let my emotions momentarily interfere with the greatness of my species. Thank you for enlightening me, bruders. Deus Veult!
>>
>>148199474
Hitler was an idiot that lost the war for his people.

He shouldn't serve as an inspiration to anyone, least of all to nationalists.
>>
File: humiliate yourself.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
humiliate yourself.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1080
what did he mean by this?
>>
Have they fixed the screen size problem with aurora yet? I've been waiting for it to be payable on my laptop.
>>
do Tachyon Lances count as Energy Weapons?
>>
>>148202471
No, they count as missiles
>>
>>148202471
They surely do pal. It is explained quite clearly is the weapon description as well. Maybe reading isn't your forte.
>>
>>148202748
I was wondering because I was researching those tech that gave +5% to damage and rate of fire but my military power wasn't going up
>>
How the fuck is it that I have a Hyperlane only game and my enemies are discovering psi Jump Drives

certain AI has the prereqs for the psi jump drive but other AI also has the psi jump drive despite not having ANY of the requirements for it.

I keep going to war with these bastards and I can't seem to discover the drives in the wreckage to research it at all
>>
>>148203197
Oh, might be a bug, either not adding the damage at all or not updating the numbers from it. Maybe test out with other tech if you can be bothered?
>>
>>148203374
anyone can get jump drives I thought?
>>
>>148203576
I have the game set to Hyperlane only but Psi Jump Drive is the only other drive technology I can find in this.
>>
>>148203670
Psi techs are their own special sub tree unlocked by ethos,. that's probably why.
Are the people with the Psi drives all Spiritual by any chance..?
>>
>>148203942
2 of them are but this other one has none of the requisits which is making me really question if this is a big
>>
>>148204060
Is the other one of the same species as one of the spiritual empires? They might have rebelled from ethics divergence after the tech was researched.
>>
>>148204060
What are the prerequisites for it, apart from highest level of drive tech researched? I thought it was just down to RNG and that spiritualists get a higher chance and materialists get a lower chance of getting it
>>
>>148204163
Its a major empire in very late game, they're still in power and haven't had an ethics change

They are a Collectivist but they don't have that 2nd requirement in purple

It appears you have to be some form collectivist or spiritualist.
>>
Civ VI leader reveals are on tuesdays, right? So, how many hours do we have until the new reveal, do any of you know?
>>
>>148201809
I got this "vote yes" and "vote no" shit on declare war when a race was declaring war on me in a previous game.

No matter what I picked, the event would timeout, and then the countdown would start again. The aliens never invaded me, either.

Is it a bug?
>>
>>148204495
I think the populus that wants you to go to war with them will keep asking until they get discouraged
>>
>>148204495
Sounds like more bugs
>>
>>148204649
This game seems to be riddled with them

from military power not being added right to buggy fucking diplomacy.

My alliance ended because me and my alliance buddy defeated a common enemy between us but the moment our territories touched he instantly hated me so much that he dropped alliance then a year later went to war with me
>>
>>148204942
>our weeners touched and he didn't like me anymore
>>
Shoshone. Liberty or tradition? Best victory? They seem fun, and I'd like to play them
>>
>>148205861
Shoshone is one of the versatile civs, you can really do what you want to do with them. Just make sure to have enough of their special scouts to get shitload of ruins
>Liberty or tradition
Depending on your land and your preferred victory. Scout your land for a while and then after choose it
>Best victory
Literally anything you want. Thanks to their scout you can get good early population from ruins which help with pretty much every victory, mostly science. You can get early faith ruins which help religion which greatly helps culture victory. Or you can go domination when their UU comes to play

I usually go science with them. Early population + the ability to grab lands very quick so your city can work the best tiles early really help
>>
>>148205861
Tradition is usually OP but going wide makes better use of their UA, so Liberty is a distinct option.
>>
File: 1468092416706.png (186 KB, 332x512) Image search: [Google]
1468092416706.png
186 KB, 332x512
Why do all of my planets want to be independent? Is this ethnic divergence or am I just shit?
Also, I should be able to purge the Trans-____ species that pop up regardless of my traits. They're terrorists.
>>
>>148208891
>Is this ethnic divergence
yes, they start getting different idea. i am always militarist,collectivist,spiritualist. and suddenly some asshole in my colony became pacifist, individualist. i purged him immediately.
>>
BIG HAUL
>>
>>148204942
>This game seems to be riddled with them
It definitely was on release. They have fixed a lot tho but since asimov everything just seems unbalanced. There are still bugs to fix of course too and those fucking cucks are on two months holidays
>>
>>148205307
anon, why do you always bring up touching weenies when someone mentions border friction

>>148208891
yup, ethics divergence is way too common and annoying to fix. Only collectivists can purge everyone (xenophobes can purge xenos but not own pops), it's basically a necessity with the current state of the game.
>>
>>148211625
>ethics divergence is way too common and annoying to fix.
So much this.

I tried playing as pacifist individualists, and LONG before I managed to get to the entertainment park and paradise dome to stop everyone from being unhappy all the time, half my pops decided to be militarists or collectivists or whatever and be even more unhappy.
>>
>>148197464
>It's like they want less freedom.
welcome to the real world
>>
File: yes.jpg (63 KB, 788x234) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
63 KB, 788x234
Post your favourite civ5 leader and why.

Japan cause samurais are cool
>>
>>148213064
isabella because i want her to sit on my face
>>
File: Kamehameha_(Goku).jpg (31 KB, 450x244) Image search: [Google]
Kamehameha_(Goku).jpg
31 KB, 450x244
>>148213064
kamehameha
>>
File: 20160712040517_1.jpg (742 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160712040517_1.jpg
742 KB, 1920x1080
siege towers are fuckin nutso. its almost industrial era and they are still doing work. pumping up my musket to 40 power.
>>
>be militarist
>get a whopping 0.4 influence from rivalries from 4(current max) closest empires
How do you want your influence senpai?
>>
>>148181876

Its a feature. You have to make a prescribed system for them if you want the names to stick.
>>
Can you kill pre-sentient species who are on a delicious planet you want?
>>
File: Nebuchadanezzar_II_(Civ5).jpg (899 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nebuchadanezzar_II_(Civ5).jpg
899 KB, 1920x1080
>>148213064
Neb, he was based as hell and a great man

>>148214171
Whatever are you're in, always have a few siege towers unupgraded, that bonus is too great to lose

I last played Assyria a while ago, IIRC there was a trick about them. I think if you embarked a siege tower, you could actually put naval units on the same tile and they would still give bonus to both naval and land units nearby. So they can't be attacked and give 50% bonus to every unit nearby, makes them great

Also another tip, when I was playing Assyria I didn't annex/puppet cities, I simply razed them because of their UA. IIRC, their UA gives you one tech for one city, so if you conquer a city and then lose it and conquer it again you don't get a tech, but if you raze it and other civs settle the same city again, you still get the tech when you conquer it. And seeing how expansionist the AI is that tactic works great, you can become the best civ in the game in really short time as Assyrians
>>
>first DoW III
>and now Civ 6
Cartoon graphics a shit
>>
File: mex feds 10.jpg (403 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
mex feds 10.jpg
403 KB, 1440x900
>>148126972

CONT.

So we couldn't vassalize the bharatis, we were missing a mere 15 points, so if you cant go against them, join them!. We have now formed a federation with the Americans, the Euros and the Bharatis.

The Dharma foundation and the Heaven's mandate have expanded explosively in the galactic west and have now cockblocked the brasilians who where trying to start again after the mandate took their homeworld.

Our migration treaties have bear fruit now, and there are mexicans living in 5 empires now, either by direct migration, or triangulated.

https://mega.nz/#!BcERWBgJ!ljq8970l712ge_3N4POrW5j1exICbmbSyYLCSDILK6g

New link for a new thread though.
>>
>>148160929
roll
>>
File: mex feds 11.jpg (419 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
mex feds 11.jpg
419 KB, 1440x900
>>148215926

Forgot to add, that after forming the federation, our fist act as founder president was to 'liberate' more nigerian planets. We learned from our past mistakes and this time we only liberated two, wich were easily vassalized then.

On other news, the malays have crushed (unsurprisingly) the fanatic pacifists transafricans are now one of the lasgest civilizations ever.

The bolivarians (south americans) jumped on the bandwagon and took the transafrican homeworld for themselves.

The yayois have started conquering too, the pacifist way, integrating their alien subjects, a king of concious fungal infection. I'm trying not to judge.
>>
>>148160929
i am grumpy and was supposed to get a week off of work but some affirmative action hire quit after working only 2 weeks and now i have to work again so rolling
>>
>>148216634
I am even grumpier I literally just finished a game as maya rerolling
>>
>>148213064
Kind of like ethiopia. Stele is cool, nice UA for tall, neat unit.
>>
>>148214861
If your policies allow it, you can uplift them and then purge, I guess.

But uplifted species are a great asset, just killing them is rather wasteful.
And it turns you into a gigantic asshole.
>Hey, welcome to sentience!
>And now to the death camps!
>>
>>148160929

c''mon
>>
Is it worth trying to move your first settler around at the start of the game to try and get a better position for your starting city, or should you just plop down the settler where he stands?

For Civ V.
>>
>>148178934
>Now even that will be choosen by the game for you. You cannot even lose by fucking up your tech priorities.
I think that's wrong, it's more like you'll get obliterated if you try to choose techs that aren't suited to your own strengths.
>>
>>148199668
Hitler committed the worst warcrime of all though.
>>
>>148192984
Haha. I made this mod. It please me that you still use it.
It works with 1.2?
>>
Haven't played stellaris since release

Is happiness still best build? Does Corvette+evasion spam still work? Is missile/torpedo still the best weapon set? Do Prethoryns still get rekt by point defense systems?
>>
>>148221436
>no, it get nerfed
>nope, nerfed
>nope, to slow
>yep
>>
>>148197464
Isn't that pretty much true to the real world, what with people demanding dissenting opinions be silenced?
>>
>>148220068
If you can get it to a near river, near mountain and/or on hills start in 1-3 turns do it. If you think you can find a wonder in first 10 turns as Spain, do it. Otherwise don't do it imo, first turns are the most important and you don't want to waste time there. Speaking about Standart speed of course
>>
>>148217552
>But uplifted species are a great asset
really? why? Do they join your empire and add your planet to yours or is it a separate empire?
>>
>>148221729
yeah, im still fairly new to the game, so i have just been playing on Prince with a small map and Pangea.
Thanks for the response though.
So far Shoshone is my favorite Civ, though i have only played like 5 out of the 40+ that are available.
>>
>>148192281
I'm disappointed there's no Star Trek race of space babes.

It's not like the fucking fox people or platypus people are any more plausible.
>>
>>148221367
The Imperial German Portraits mod?
It's well made, the military uniforms are really nice. Did you make them yourself, or got them from somewhere?

It works just fine in 1.2.1. I don't think it'll ever break, unless Paradox changes something about portraits and empire creation.
>>
>>148221886
If you uplift them, the planet becomes yours.

And the uplifted species gets a pretty big happiness bonus (20%?) while they live under your rule, because you uplifted them.

And finally, you get a species whose ethics you can pretty much tailor to what you want and maybe they can settle planets for you that you'd otherwise have to terraform first (or that would require you to genemod your own settlers).

Though if you already want their planet, the latter point might not be the case.
>>
>>148193874
>does anyone know what the icon that I've posted means?

see
>>148154148
>Could be two very much stylized fasces.

>Well, actually, not the fascces but just the axes minus the fasces.

>But I guess horse ass is fine, too.
>>
>>148221436

Point defense + Artillery
>>
I have just finished my first Civilization V campaign, should I install this collection of mods
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528034
?
>>
>>148160929
eyoson roll for reroll
>>
>>148220447
>Hitler committed the worst warcrime of all though.

Failure to win the war?
>>
>>148225708
Artillery? Why?
>>
Rate:
>Traits: Industrious, Thrifty; Decadent, Sedentary.
>Ethos: Fanatic Spiritualist, Collectivist.
>Government: Plutocratic Oligarchy.
>Nuclear Missiles, Wormholes.
>>
>>148152190
>https://mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
can someone make a torrent out of this or something?

Mega link doesn't work for me because the total filesize is too big
>>
>>148230036
>Mega link doesn't work for me because the total filesize is too big

Is this not solved by getting the mega browser add-on? You can just disable/delete it after you're done anyway.
>>
>>148226604

Anybody?
>>
>>148229417
Yes. The worst crime in war is to lose, because then you won't even be around to defend your choices and actions while your enemies will be around to defend theirs.
>>
>>148223709
thanks senpai. Uplifted them anyway to find out what happens and the happiness boost is really helpful playing as a militarist.
>>
>>148223660
Not that one.
Separate humans +stolen clothes version and martiarchy one.
>>
File: 1468163196193.gif (199 KB, 396x396) Image search: [Google]
1468163196193.gif
199 KB, 396x396
>>148223709
>tfw you settled lizard people's planets
>tfw they attacked your hq
>can't purge them because traits
>uplift them
>They whine until they get independence
>gib independence
>they hate me even more
Serious, why does having a larger military than your vassals/protectorates give you a negative modifier? Is this a bug?
>>
if fighter jets can destroy missiles AND damage ships, why use point defense at all? Flak?
>>
>>148231243
Fighter jets can be shot down, flak can't
>>
>>148231243
you get small moutns as part of hangar sections anyway, so you might as well just load up pd
>>
>no flat diplomacy bonus as humans when dealing with another human nation

why would the united nations of earth be anything but overjoyed when they see that the commonwealth of man made it in space?
>>
>>148232730
Are people born on the Moon aliens or earthlings?
>>
>>148233410
For all intents they would be a sub species of humans just like blacks are.
>>
>C-3PO planet name

ebin xdd
>>
>>148233410
Human, but effectively speaking there simply isn't a penalty from 'ugliness' as humans would see it - the culture gap would be unfathomably enormous.
>>
>>148233410
Moon is American territory, so they are americans
>>
>>148235114
It will be chinese soon enough
>>
>>148235114
>>148235238
It's Divine territory.
>no population
>can't play a race with like 400 members but easily a match for 400 billion humans
>can't play as a god among men
At least CK2 is adding immortality.
>>
>>148229496

You can hit them several times before they even begin to launch the missiles. The scourge ships are all bigger than cruisers so you dont have to really care about evasion, only firepower + range
>>
>>148235420
>At least CK2 is adding immortality.
It already was in. As mods, yeah, but it was in. And it was okay.

Anyway, I'd like you people to suggest me a few names for a few militaristic xenophobics empires for Stellaris. I want to make bad guys.
I thought about "Space Nazi Imperium", but it sounds silly.
>>
>>148160929
This is dope. Rolling
>>
>>148237069
>bad guys
Not possible and the game is too shallow anyway.
>it was already in
Yeah but for example I expect a character with the immortal trait to be immune to aging graphics, sex appeal opinion modifier loss, or menopause so I can remain the qt hyperslut with 100+ all-around stats forever.

If you really want to, name yourself Celestial Domain and make your ruler title King of Kings or some shit.
>>
>>148237069
What about Galactic/Firmament Reichskommissariat?
>>
>>148237484
That would do, I guess.

>>148237332
I just want opponents I can crush without remorse.
It's easier to slaughter an empire named "Evil McMoustache" than an empire named "Fuzzy Cute Kittens Protectorat".
>>
File: e96.jpg (36 KB, 607x608) Image search: [Google]
e96.jpg
36 KB, 607x608
>>148237634
>It's easier to slaughter an empire named "Evil McMoustache" than an empire named "Fuzzy Cute Kittens Protectorat".

>not the opposite
>>
File: Me55w42.gif (2 MB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
Me55w42.gif
2 MB, 350x263
>>148237776
>he would kill this
You monster.
>>
>>148237634
>It's easier to slaughter an empire named "Evil McMoustache" than an empire named "Fuzzy Cute Kittens Protectorat".
"Evil" empires are only evil because they're in your way and don't align with your interests. That's almost literally the definition of Evil.
>>
>>148237954
Do not suffer the xeno to live
>>
File: Euthanasie.jpg (23 KB, 279x356) Image search: [Google]
Euthanasie.jpg
23 KB, 279x356
>>148237954
>deformed cat
>>
>>148238117
>>148238127
>not adopting space pets
>>
>>148238253
I'd like to be the pet of a spess alien given it has tentacles and is lewd
>>
>>148238253
>building zoos instead of monuments to purity
>>
>>148238458
>living on alpha centauri
>>
>>148238532
Alpha Centauri isn't in the game by the way. That star is Proxima Centauri, Alpha centauri is bigger than the sun while Beta Centauri is a little smaller, not fucktiny red dwarf
>>
>>148238943
They could've made a nice reference instead of these "Lando System" and shit.
>>
>>148152190
New discord invite, plox
>>
>>148160929
roll
>>
File: logh54.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
logh54.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
>>148239136
There are a couple of nice references
>>
File: german_world_map1.jpg (27 KB, 354x276) Image search: [Google]
german_world_map1.jpg
27 KB, 354x276
>>148160929
Jimmy rawlins
>>
Hey, guys.

So, I've switched over to Regulated Slavery to placate my plebian population, but they're giving me red numbers on the tiles and it says that they're still gaining support -- they're up to 55%.

What's going on; I thought that going Regulated would calm them down?
>>
>>148239970
Yes, but not completely.
>>
>>148239970

Would you be calmed down?
>>
>>148240678
I'd gladly get used as a sexual slave.
>>
File: 1467171690026.png (106 KB, 232x328) Image search: [Google]
1467171690026.png
106 KB, 232x328
>>148241089
Slutty one aren't we
>>
>>148235006
>the culture gap would be unfathomably enormous
it wouldn't, really

not any bigger than the spaniards encountering the maya or aztecs
>>
>>148241956
I just don't want to die a virgin and end up used by muslims in Heaven.
>>
File: 1467740226834.jpg (145 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1467740226834.jpg
145 KB, 400x400
>>148242032
And that culture gap is unfathomably enormous, your point? The only bigger gap is between two species with entirely different morals on the instinctive level.
Even today there's a massive fucking culture gap between shit like Japan and China and Vietnam and Korea or between the US and Britain.

>>148242114
And to that end you'd rather be used by them in life?
>>
>>148242281
At least ayyyys don't have beards.
>>
>>148241956
>>148242281
Gudako go back to find a way for emulators to work
>>
File: infested.jpg (148 KB, 1247x854) Image search: [Google]
infested.jpg
148 KB, 1247x854
>>148237634
>I just want opponents I can crush without remorse.
try these

now I just wish there was a graphic options for most races with those fungal spores coming out of them
>>
>>148242932
Gross.

I look forward to blasting them.
>>
>>148237069
Galactic Platter
Conquer species and eat/purge them
>>
>>148242281
>And that culture gap is unfathomably enormous, your point?
pretty sure by going back to an actual real life example from history I can fathom the enormity of the culture gap famalam
>>
File: TimeToGatcha.jpg (217 KB, 740x824) Image search: [Google]
TimeToGatcha.jpg
217 KB, 740x824
>>148242636
Gudako doesn't care about emufags
Gudako will suck your dick for one quartz
did they actually kill emulators
>>
>>148243165
How do I get the AI to do that? Decadent and Xenophobic?
>>
>>148242281
>massive fucking culture gap between ... Japan and China and Vietnam and Korea

I've known plenty of Chinese who have travelled to those other countries and made friends. You might have had a better case pre-globalisation or in respect to fringe groups on either end.
>>
>>148231138
If you invade other empires, or just have a huge military; the other nearby empires will get spooked.

I had a friendly empire near me that I had been nice to; but after I invaded another empire, they suddenly got the "they see you as a threat" modifier that gave them -20 opinion of me.
>>
>>148243860
>gave them -20 opinion of me.
it was more like -90 for me

but it goes away slowly
>>
>>148243765
Yeah and ancient Greeks have gone to Persia and made friends. A culture gap doesn't imply unbridgeable on a personal level, it's nationwide and there are plenty of mismatched customs, quirks, acceptable jokes / reactions and stuff.
>>
>>148243458
>did they actually kill emulators
yes, the game crashes if you use one
>>
if I uplift a race, why doesn't their home planet count toward the direct planet control cap? it was 4/5 before I uplifted and it still is, but the planet is under my control
>>
>>148244524
Good fucking job DW, I'm finally free although I'll keep lurking fgog for waifu pictures.
>>
>I found a Gaia world not controlled by a fallen empire.

Nice.
>>
New Stellaris DLC

Plantoids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D9vT7Axs-E

The Species Pack will contain fifteen new portraits, an original cityscape backdrop, and stunning new ship models. Watch this space for more news about that soon!
>>
>>148217358
>ethiopia
>play tall
pfft
>>
>>148245930
PARADOOOOXXXXXX
>>
>>148245930

>glaring issues with 50% of the game
>so many options to improve depth and complexity of the game
>plant men DLC

it's not my first ride on the rodeo, I know how paradox dlc works but every time I'm surprised
>>
>>148245930
>plant faces DLC
Sasuga
>>
>>148245930
Weren't those faggots on vacation right now?
>>
>>148245124
yeah but >12
>settling anything below 16
>>
>>148246496

they're on vacation when it comes to free content, anon :^)
>>
>>148245930
>an original cityscape backdrop
The one which was in the base game and you can unlock with mods?
>>
>>148243492
Xenophobic militarist. I can't see something that wants to eat other species as anything short of fanatical purifiers. Move to one planet, "eat" all the species. Butchered, frozen, and stored. Move to the next one and continue.
>>
>>148245930
ships actually look pretty good
>>
File: O5u6JgN.jpg (60 KB, 582x505) Image search: [Google]
O5u6JgN.jpg
60 KB, 582x505
Get guessing those leaders.
>>
>>148251018
civfanatics must be obsessing all over that pic now, gotta check its thread
>>
>>148251018
>>148251450
>Philip II for Spain
Is "the empire on which the sun never sets," coming back home?
>>
>>148251018
>>148251450
https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/4shvjg/a_blurry_desperate_look_at_all_22_vanilla_deluxe/
A1 - America - Theodor Roosevelt A2 - Arabia - Saladin A3 - Aztec - Montezuma A4 - Brazil - Pedro II A5 - China - Qin Shi Huang
B1 - Egypt - Cleopatra B2 - England - Victoria B3 - France - Henry IV B4 - Germany - Barbarossa B5 - Country with name between Germany-Greece
C1 - Greece - Pericles C2 - India - Ghandi C3 - Japan - Hojo C4 - Mali - Mansa Musa C5 - Mongols - Genghis
D1 - Poland - Jadwiga D2 - Rome - ? D3 - Russia - Peter the Great D4 - Country with name between Russia-Scandinavia/Spain D5 - Scandinavia Margaret I?
E1 - Spain - Philip II E2 - Sumeria - Gilgamesh E3 - Zulu cat
>>
File: 11348238423894.png (116 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
11348238423894.png
116 KB, 600x600
>scientist named Shota Hasegawa
>>
File: BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.jpg (64 KB, 500x677) Image search: [Google]
BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.jpg
64 KB, 500x677
>>148251018
>>148252340
From the low quality, Rome reminds me of Hadrian
I think there was a screen of a leader who looked similar to?
>>
File: le happy merchant.png (232 KB, 384x365) Image search: [Google]
le happy merchant.png
232 KB, 384x365
>>148252340
Arabia is in but Ottomans aren't, why did they think this was a good idea?

Also Civ VI has pre-order bonuses or deluxe version or whatever? I didn't know this
>>
>>148252748
>>Also Civ VI has pre-order bonuses or deluxe version or whatever? I didn't know this
kinda. it doesnt seem to have any pre-order bonuses yet but on the steam page theres a deluxe edition for 20$ more that gives you a season pass, basically, with 4 dlc packs they're going to make.
>Expand your empire further with the Civilization VI Digital Deluxe which includes the full base game, the 25th Anniversary Digital Soundtrack, and access to four post-launch DLC packs* that will add new maps, scenarios, civilizations and leaders for a bundled discount.
>>
A1 - America - Theodor Roosevelt
A2 - Arabia - Saladin
A3 - Aztec - Montezuma
A4 - Brazil - Pedro II
A5 - China - Qin Shi Huang

B1 - Egypt - Cleopatra
B2 - England - Victoria
B3 - France - Henry IV
B4 - Germany - Barbarossa
B5 - Country with name between Germany-Greece

C1 - Greece - Pericles
C2 - India - Ghandi
C3 - Japan - Hojo
C4 - Mali - Mansa Musa
C5 - Mongols - Genghis

D1 - Poland - Jadwiga
D2 - Rome - Trajan
D3 - Russia - Peter the Great
D4 - Country with name between Russia-Scandinavia/Spain
D5 - Scandinavia Margaret I?

E1 - Spain - Philip II
E2 - Sumeria - Gilgamesh
E3 - Cat
>>
>>148252340
>>148253093
>D5 - Scandinavia Margaret I?
The picture looks exactly like this pic of Isabela of Portugal but the placement doesn't fit with the alphabetic order
But then again, the Firaxis pic is low quality and they managed to fuck up some leaders on the past, so it isn't out the question either.
>>
>>148160929
LESDODIS
>>
>>148252545
What I can make out of the hair makes me think Trajan.
>>
>>148253387
Actually, wait.
Isabella would be before Phillip if she was for Spain, but two leaders when others only have one would be silly.
>>
I don't see an option to form an embassy with these penguins. I only have -3 relation score with them. (I scrolled-down the list also, in case you are wondering.)

Is this a bug, or did they remove embassy options in the 1.2 update?

Do you have to research some sociology tech in order to make embassies? I can't remember.

tl;dr: How the fuck do you make an embassy?
>>
File: hnMYf1k.jpg (139 KB, 400x519) Image search: [Google]
hnMYf1k.jpg
139 KB, 400x519
This better?
>>
>>148253948

removed, now you have regular pacts
>>
>>148254042
>no more easy reputation increasing option

Fuck Paradox.
>>
>>148253093
>Persia and Ottomans aren't in it
>They're probably going to put a native american "civ" in B5
I can't even name any significant nation with the name between Germany-Greece, and they take out Persia and Ottomans, doesn't make any sense imo. Why, couldn't find any female leaders for them? I guess Civ games simply don't sell in Turkey or Iran
>>
File: 5aa - Copy.jpg (54 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
5aa - Copy.jpg
54 KB, 600x600
How do I make the my Alliance Partners realize that the Unbidden are actually a fucking problem?
>>
File: swedish_merchant_DLC_time.jpg (102 KB, 527x440) Image search: [Google]
swedish_merchant_DLC_time.jpg
102 KB, 527x440
>>148245930
>>
D4 might be Tomyris of the Scythians.
>>
>>148254010
>>148253813
>>148253387
Wait if instead of Philip II is Charles V? Then it will make sense for Isabel of Portugal, The two as a single leader
>>
>>148254613
>I can't even name any significant nation with the name between Germany-Greece
maybe the Golden Horde? or the Great Seljuk Empire? I dunno. just grasping at straws.
>>
File: 1467859409648.jpg (60 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1467859409648.jpg
60 KB, 640x1136
Is there a better way to manage my stellaris mods than the fucking hogwash they have right now?
>>
File: 6qqsgg.jpg (2 MB, 2500x2000) Image search: [Google]
6qqsgg.jpg
2 MB, 2500x2000
I fucking love civfanatics
>>
File: 1366999322953.png (20 KB, 244x192) Image search: [Google]
1366999322953.png
20 KB, 244x192
>>148245930

You know I see the spooky mysterious angle they go for with the trailers

But stellaris basically has no significant gameplay mechanics that make the universe feel mysterious or threatening, it just becomes methodical

I mean the politics stuff, especially when you throw other human players into the mix is interesting still, as it is with HoI or EU, but the exploration angle they like to go with for Stellaris is just kind of a let down.

I mean with how common and un-unique basically everything is in the generated galaxies, how few unique events there truly is and how the spess aliens are always exactly the same, it's predictable, ultimately while you can make up your own stories with interactions of empires, the base game itself really fails to deliver anything like that.
>>
>>148160929
rollan
>>
File: jeremy kyle.jpg (126 KB, 2048x1146) Image search: [Google]
jeremy kyle.jpg
126 KB, 2048x1146
>>£50 preorder

What a fucking joke.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 137

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.