[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/dfg/- Dwarf Fortress General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 184
File: region10-100-1683.png (126 KB, 2304x3840) Image search: [Google]
region10-100-1683.png
126 KB, 2304x3840
Identify all bodies of water edition
Previous thread >>147212469

>Download the basic game here. Current version is Dwarf Fortress 0.43.04
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

>Official forums:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php

>Find a bug? Don't tell us! Tell Toady! Complaining in the thread will accomplish nothing.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt

>Have a question? Check the wiki first:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Main_Page

>Fireden archived threads:
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/Dwarf%20Fortress/

>Dwarf Therapist (Out of Date):
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.0

>DFHack (Out of Date):
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139553.0

>Starter Pack (Out of Date):
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.0

>More DF stuff:
http://pastebin.com/AnsHjQ40

>Dwarf Fortress General IRC chat:
http://en.irc2go.com/webchat/?net=freenode&room=dwarffortress
(to connect yourself: https://webchat.freenode.net #dwarffortress)

>A bunch of guides to various parts of fort-based living:
http://imgur.com/a/nGyRF#0

>Video tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBrdUj1adIBD-vgUodaaxebcdqQ4oEWtg
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD1A3FE72C0DCAC66 (Dated, but good)

>Text tutorials:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/DF2014:Tutorials
http://members.iinet.net.au/~morty/Getting_Started_with_Dwarf_Fortress.pdf

>This pasta:
http://pastebin.com/iAduXzjn

Strike the earth!
>>
File: microexpressions_happiness.png (120 KB, 489x311) Image search: [Google]
microexpressions_happiness.png
120 KB, 489x311
>kaolinite at embark
>>
Thread is dead, post forgotten beasts.
>>
File: elusive toad2.png (89 KB, 187x208) Image search: [Google]
elusive toad2.png
89 KB, 187x208
>tfw you find out that there is an entire /vg/ general dedicated to shitpost about your game
>>
File: sam.png (345 KB, 410x413) Image search: [Google]
sam.png
345 KB, 410x413
>>147464853
Imagine if he'd seen it when we had posters.
>>
>>147466554
Where did they all go?
>>
File: This is his foot.png (542 KB, 849x667) Image search: [Google]
This is his foot.png
542 KB, 849x667
>>147466554
Somewhere more casual, I'm sure.
Literally everywhere else.
>>
>>147466848
They're off doing rocket science and composing shakespearean sonnets or some shit.
>>
>>147464632
>yo mama
>>
Fuck me another two year old dwarf beating up cavern creatures.

I should just retire my military and let the kids have at it.
>>
>>147468528
Dwarf The Rapist has revealed that in many cases, children get HUGE.

Like iirc in the dwarven daycare thread they found out some kids were of size 90000 or size 110000.
>>
>>147468824
Sigun will be fighting trolls next.

This croc has no teeth and broken everything. Sigun is now a proficient fucking fighter at the age of two.
>>
Just stumbled into a Dark pit tower, but something is eery in it. I went downstairs to the graveyard area, and there are no goblins or the like. Just a bunch of kobolds, running from me, with no weapons, all of them frail and pathetic.

I like to imagine it was a dungeon for kobolds that the guards abandoned and have left them to starve.
>>
>>147468986
HOLY SHIT ROUND 2
Kid came back for no apparent reason just to kick around the croc some more. Now a fucking adept fighter through no intention of my own.
>>
File: Gipest Foughtblock.png (28 KB, 402x713) Image search: [Google]
Gipest Foughtblock.png
28 KB, 402x713
>>147469283
Probably just a kobold group. They can squat in abandoned sites. If you ever see kobold occupied sites like "dark kobold fortress" or "kobold hamlet" that's usually why.

I once had a kobold end up as the leader of a human civ because of that behavior. His kobold group occupied a human tomb while the human civ was being wiped out by elves. Somehow Gipest ended up the monarch and then got captured by the elves, making him a member of three civs simultaneously. I like to imagine that his high social skills convinced the elves not to execute and eat him, and that they keep him around as an insult to any surviving refugees from the human civ.
>>
File: dsa.png (1 MB, 1919x1207) Image search: [Google]
dsa.png
1 MB, 1919x1207
Haven't played in a while, but do most worlds come with dog leather houses pre-built?
>>
>>147471458
I reckon it's a tent. I wouldn't know this is my first time playing the new edition in like a year or so.

>Zombies can climb trees
I wish I'd known that before I ended up at the top of a tree after losing a toe, as they climb closer and closer, dozens of them this is actually terrifying. I hope bogeymen come and fight them.
>>
>>147471458
It must be a tent set up by goblin siegers.
>>
File: FungiwoodIsYellowAsFuck.png (63 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FungiwoodIsYellowAsFuck.png
63 KB, 1920x1080
>>147471458
Embarked on a campsite.
>>
>>147471789
>>147471794
>>147471970
Damn, I was hoping it was spooky.
>>
File: foxsmellingflower.jpg (100 KB, 700x507) Image search: [Google]
foxsmellingflower.jpg
100 KB, 700x507
i'm starting to have a lot of dwarves, so i was wondering, what's the most dwarves anyone has ever had? can anyone remember any stories where someone had a LOT of dwarves, like a thousand perhaps?
>>
>>147469556
Say hello to your next militia commander hero.
>>
>>147473219
My fps cry at the thought of one thousand dwarves. But I'd love to be able to have that many. I guess that someday I'll try to do the most fps efficient fortress just to try and get to that number.
>>
fort didn't attract any migrants last season, but it's insanely successful and not being sieged. apparently it's related to some bug where migrant sizes diminish the more units are (and were) at your fortress - wiki says that at a population of 3000 (total unit screen including deceased), you don't get any migrants more at all.

how can i fix this? i absolutely need migrants since i want all dwarves to eventually live in my fortress. wiki links to a dfhack script that supposedly fixes that, but i can't find it anywhere, no name, no link, and dfhack ls doesn't list any command remotely related to that. i'm apparently trying to purge the "deceased unit" screen, but i can't find anything related to that, please help me.
>>
How do i engrave? I just tried engraving random rock but it didn't work. Wiki said there's bugs and im not sure.
>>
>>147474918
you can only engrave stone that's been smoothed, not rough stone. (d)esignate, (s)mooth stone on the rough stone tiles, then (e)ngrave on the smoothed tiles. there aren't bugs like THAT, mostly just bugs like really complex interactions and unimplemented/approximated stuff. not controls randomly not working.
>>
>>147474918
>>147475268
also needs engraving labor enabled on someone, and only one face a wall can be engraved. so if you have a 1x8 wall, you can't engrave both sides, the dwarves only see the engraving from the side it was engraved from.
>>
>>147474231
my fortress has no optimizations at all, and i have 6 fps with 480+ dwarves, which is fine. hell opened, huge stockpiles, central staircase, etc.
i5-2500k, 4.5ghz
>>
>>147463089
>Fire Clay, Red Sand, Coal, Flux and Magnetite
>On standard mineral frequency
>>
>>147475524
>6fps
>fine
I guess stuff doesn't move that fast in this game, but water flowing? I assume you have depth count on, doesn't that look like shit? Also did toady ever optimize for multi-core?
>>
File: happenings.png (97 KB, 1914x1025) Image search: [Google]
happenings.png
97 KB, 1914x1025
>>
>>147476254
The compiler might have done some microthreading stuff.
>>
>>147476581
Tileset? Those walls are nice
>>
So, my migrant arrived from the southwest of the map, which is the top of a quite top mountain. There is a path to the fortress, but they're just not moving one bit. I even sent my miners to make a passage through the mountain but they refuse to take it. What is going on?
>>
>>147476254
i don't have depth count on, would it look like shit? blink all the time or something? water flows fine, probably part of the reason fps aren't higher since cavern 1 is draining into cavern 2 over multiple waterfalls on statues. 6 fps is totally fine, there is so much happening at the same time and i haven't optimized or atomsmashed anything at all. it's still very playable, usually it's over 10 fps, but it drops when designating large areas (and opening hell). also most of the map is dug out, and i haven't done any traffic designations yet.

no multicore of any kind in the game right now, but toady mentioned in the dwarfmoot q&a that he's sorta working or looking into it or something, i forgot, but it's on his mind.
>>
>>147476854
Ok nothing, turns out I didn't have a single meeting zone. Problem solved.
>>
>>147476854
Do you have a meeting area set up? Perhaps if you deconstructed the wagon and didn't set up a dining room or tavern they'd have nowhere to go until you built one.
>>
>>147476854
Are they still tagged as migrants? Maybe once that goes away their normal pathing will take them to your meeting area.
>>147476984
>it's on his mind.
So basically never. It sounds difficult to implement and would require skills he probably hasn't picked up yet. Time better spent elsewhere, I'm sure. Plus I usually kill my forts before fpsdeath does. And yeah, the depth numbers update quite a few times per second so it can look pretty bad at low fps.
>>
File: Raving_maniac.png (6 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Raving_maniac.png
6 KB, 256x256
>>147476819
>>
>>147477334
>So basically never.
Well, 2 years ago multicore support wasn't even on the table, he had just flat out said that he wasn't planning on doing it. This is progress.
>>
>>147477334
no, he said he's actively looking it, just that it's hard. it's a super old game with wonky code, plus the whole job system is not suited for parallelization at all right now. but it's true, i think he mentioned that there are a lot of optimizations still to be done, especially in pathfinding. the game would be MUCH better if it were significantly optimized, but i don't think that will ever happen. toady isn't an experienced enough coder and he's not gonna let other people work on it, so i'm patiently waiting till the open source reimplementation of dwarf fortress in 10 years. no other choice.
>>
>download perfect world
>open it
... I have no idea what to do
>>
>>147478491
Had the same problem when I got it from LNP. There's a pretty simple explanatory video on YT.
>>
File: the cavern district.png (510 KB, 1912x1017) Image search: [Google]
the cavern district.png
510 KB, 1912x1017
>>147476984
>i don't have depth count on, would it look like shit? blink all the time or something?
It only blinks whenever it would blink with no depth count, like on submerged ramps and items and such. It looks fine, see >>147476581 and >>147461718 and pic related.

Something you might do if you want to get some fps back is reduce your graphical fps by a lot. I got a lot back by going all the way down to 10, though I do get a little bit of input lag. You'll still see results at higher numbers.
>>
>>147479030
gfps is already way down. it helps a tiny bit to run DF outside of X, but it's not really worth it. i think at this point it's mostly the unconstricted pathfinding, large designations and hauling jobs, and the insane amount of objects combined with my super slow ram. i'm in the process of flattening a mountain and making large bedrooms in the caves, but after that i'm planning a lot of optimization with waypoints and doors and such.
actually, anyone have any pathfinding optimization tips?
>>
File: DontKnowWhyImDoingThis.png (84 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DontKnowWhyImDoingThis.png
84 KB, 1920x1080
>notice the melting ice is exposing bits of magma flow
>I can build on them
>don't NEED to, but why not?
>keep doing it
>what the fuck am I doing again?

>>147478491
Play with the noise/turbulence fields until you get something that looks neat, mix up a few different ones for elevation, temperature, savagery, drainage, import world_gen from your df/data/init folder, pick which size worlds you want to apply the PF stuff to, check the "use perfect world maps" boxes where applicable, export world_gen back to your folder, make a world, see how it goes.
>>
>>147478834
Alright, I'll look around then. Thanks, Urist.
>>
i just found out about dfhacks fix/fat-dwarves, and i went from 6 to 8 fps with "Fat dwarves cured: 249". how could almost all my adult dwarves be so extremely fat? what causes this? they never idle.
>>
>>147480662
[joke about Americans]
>>
>>147480662
Dwarves with ready access to food eat more often than it's possible to burn all the energy off. Eventually almost all your dwarves will be fat. It's just something that happens in old forts.
>>
>>147482095
hilarious. thanks!
>>147481661
they're communists.
>>
>>147480662
Remember, anon, the only permanent solution to fat is magma.
>>
>>147482168
There were American communists. Shitloads, if you ask Joe McCarthy.
>>
File: 220px-Joseph_McCarthy.jpg (13 KB, 220x263) Image search: [Google]
220px-Joseph_McCarthy.jpg
13 KB, 220x263
>>147482361
yeah, but i don't think they were stereotypically fat.
>>
Are there any dfhack scripts (or any other tools) that print out my adventurer's stats, numerically?
EG my size, my strength, and so forth?
>>
dwarf fortress is so beautiful. it's even better with a great color scheme. it has honestly outright fantastic graphics, using symbols and colours as representations instead of realistic visuals. similar to reading a great descriptive text, only actually graphic and beautiful to look at.

Once when the wind was soft and scented I heard the south calling, and sailed endlessly and languorously under strange stars.
Once when the gentle rain fell I glided in a barge down a sunless stream under the earth till I reached another world of purple twilight, iridescent arbours, and undying roses.
And once I walked through a golden valley that led to shadowy groves and ruins, and ended in a mighty wall green with antique vines, and pierced by a little gate of bronze.
>>
Are doors needed to properly make a room?
>>
>>147486471
depends on the room.
for rooms that are zoned, like bedrooms, doors will stop the zone from spilling out of the room into the hallway or other adjacent rooms.
if it's just a large room for workshops, then doors aren't required
>>
>>147486471
no
>>
>>147486471
No but it helps set rooms up in the sense a room will recognize a door so you can edit it better, also gives that little value bonus
>>
>>147486471
>>147487747
Yeah the value bonus is nice for happiness, and they're easy to make. And they train your carpenters ofc
>>
oh shit, one of my captains split a forgotten beast apart with a single hit, but he got caught in some sort of frozen extract and now he's completely covered in blisters, falling over from pain. how could i help him?
>>
File: 27-SUPPORT.jpg (63 KB, 621x567) Image search: [Google]
27-SUPPORT.jpg
63 KB, 621x567
>>
File: dorfwash.png (19 KB, 215x449) Image search: [Google]
dorfwash.png
19 KB, 215x449
>>147488237
Set up a hospital and doctor, lots of soap, a dorfwash nearby?
>>
>>147489684
i have those things, but no one is helping him. he's covered in blisters and in lots of pain, but there are no wounds or anything, and i'm not sure if he has anything that a doctor could look at. but he's unmoving on the floor because of the pain, so he can't move through one of my many bathtubs or waterfalls.
>>
Is there any way to make a dwarf who is near a lever get priority in pulling it? My entire fortress is going to die to an invasion because the game decided to give the job to pull up the drawbridge to a dwarf on the other side of my fucking fortress.
>>
>>147490421
Use either dfhack or therapist to clear all assignments.
>>
What the fuck, my macelord just died from fucking nothing. The squad was training and suddenly this happens.

Was the guy sick or something? Nothing in the combat log.
>>
>tfw playing DF on Forth of July because my family is too far away
Awww man
>>
>>147484976
Honestly one of the things that drew me to it in the first place was that it was by far the most beautiful ASCII game I'd ever seen. The tiny microdetails like the ~s of water flowing properly and raindrops appearing and how detailed and lush the '`,. grass looked completely grabbed me.

It's part of why I can't switch to a proper visual tileset; the grass and water always look too flat and lifeless. I'm glad there's more sets now like Taffer that blend ASCII and graphics better.
>>
>>147490635
>the spring has arrived
old age lad, old age
>>
File: llama wool trousers.png (68 KB, 1082x358) Image search: [Google]
llama wool trousers.png
68 KB, 1082x358
How do I interpret these stats? Specifically Shear Yield/Fracture and Imapct Yield/Fracture
>>
>>147491089
... Seriously?
>>
>>147488237
Give him a warrior's burial: a slow, somber descent into magma.
>>
File: squidbillies-asbestos-i-can.jpg (58 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
squidbillies-asbestos-i-can.jpg
58 KB, 400x300
Goddammit I love Squidbillies.

>For the next 10 years Rusty was raised by wolves... horribly.

>>147491937
Stiffness and resistance to cutting.
>>
>>147490507
>>147490421
Survived. Luckily my macedwarves were able to fend them off.

>lever puller finally arrives to pull lever
>don't need it raised anymore, lower it again
>squashes my best soldier

dem dorfs
>>
>>147493113
Don't type like that, and yes, seriously, old age deaths occur on the first day of new year.
>>
>>147491937
oh shit this is awesome, is this new in DFHack or what? I virtually never use utilities
>>
>>147494171
So are these trousers 38% as resistant to cutting as iron, but super not-stiff?
I have a rope reed shirt which has the same Impact Strength stats, but it has 387% iron Shear Yield and 193% iron Shear Fracture, which seems weird to me.

>>147495603
I dunno, probably. All of that info is after a "More Information (DFHack):" line, but I'm using the latest Masterwork mod, so it might have some extra script.
>>
>>147480662
>>147482208

Fat is fucking great... in Dwarf Fortress. It makes them much tougher.

It IS a bit horrifying to imagine, as derfs get UNBELIEVABLY fat if you have some way of measuring their sizes; we're talking dwarven children (in the childcare threads) with size 90000 and 110000, some of it surely muscle due to training, but a lot of it being children of a race smaller than humans getting so fat they are bigger than adult human males in total volume.

However being fat is a good thing in DF land so I am glad. As I understand it, the fatness not only makes them more durable, but it makes their clothes/armor thicker. You will often see children beating up improbable monsters and it is almost certainly due to their enormous size.
>>
>>147495914
That is goddamn hilarious.
>>
File: df.png (12 KB, 561x125) Image search: [Google]
df.png
12 KB, 561x125
>>147494679
Daily reminder to tightly close your danger rooms.
>>
>>147496212
didn't mean the reply
>>
>>147496212
>2016
>still insisting on using danger rooms
You do know there is no point in military anyway so you might as well let them train in peace at their own pace?
>>
>>147496313
Maybe not everyone enjoys hiding behind trap halls all game.
>>
>>147496313
Not sure if I'd go that far.
>>
>>147496383
What do you mean trap halls? The only challenge in this game is yourself, either overextending too quick or poorly designing your fort, there is no need for any trap halls, Efficient designs allow for not using traps at all, since the ai is dumb as a bunch of rocks, that also means your military dwarves ai is downright moronic, and as such using military for anything more than mop-up operations is downright asking for severe population losses.
>>
>>147496625
Sorry to upset you. I like fighting things with my military, which is more fun when they're stronger.
>>
>>147496836
You choose to fight with your military which is inefficient and I can understand that, yet you insist on powergaming training using a borderline exploity mechanic, which I don't get. If you want to powergame, why not use the most efficient methods available at your disposal?
>>
>>147496625
i don't think you're using them right. if they're completely covered in armor and dodge well, they basically only take damage from aoe attacks anymore, unless we're talking demons. can't remember the last time a beast wasn't killed in a single hit by an adamantine axe, definitely years ago.
>>
>>147497049
Have you never pressed r?
>>
>>147497127
It all comes down to rng mechanics regarding forgotten beast generation, and if you're talking using adamantine weapons that means you already know how to get to candy without compromising your fort security, which in turn means you're using military for the sake of using it.
>>
>>147497049
Ermagerd, someone isn't playing Dwarf Fortress in the most optimized fashion?! HOLY FUCKING SHIT, I must rage at them online.
>>
>>147497356
Projecting isn't really giving your statement any additional weigh and it seems you only chip in because you have nothing of value to add to the discussion but don't want to feel left out.
>>
>>147497479
>projecting

Well, no, you were giving someone shit specifically for having fun the wrong way in a not optimized enough fashion.
>>
Does the "Focused" status condition that you get from having all your needs met do anything in particular? I could imagine that it... raises your Focus.
>>
>>147497557
I questioned the validity of using danger rooms, the rest is you simply jumping to conclusions or trying to build a strawman, depending on your mileage using 4chan.
>>
>>147497806

Its not a strawman, your feelings were hurt by him having fun in a way you dislike. Obviously if you believed military were useless, then there is no way whatsoever to be offended by someone using something they're better off avoiding.
>>
File: ACampOfFireAndIce.png (90 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ACampOfFireAndIce.png
90 KB, 1920x1080
>>147497679
A (still unquantified last I checked, I didn't find it when dfhack was updated, I'll be looking when it catches up next) skill success boost, a rather significant accuracy boost.

The values don't matter, just the relative difference here:

13k base accuracy on the same target with the same difficult/square or whatnot with no focused/distracted status showing

23k base accuracy with 4 or 5 needs met and Focused!

9k base accuracy with all needs unmet and Distracted in yellow.
>>
File: ok.png (420 KB, 558x678) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
420 KB, 558x678
'offended'
'hurt'
'rage'
'upset'
>>
>>147498010
And we're back to projecting it seems. I don't think there's even point in trying to get you to form a coherent argument as will simply devolve into shit flinging competition.
>>
>>147477741
>in 10 years
I bet we will get DF's code only after toady's death.
>>
>>147498209
Ok. You may wish to think twice before crying because someone had fun wrong in the future.
>>
>>147498109
Holy shit, giving an adventurer difficult to meet needs can in fact fuck him up it seems. Interesting siantz though, thanks.
>>
File: horse-in-tweed-suit.jpg (120 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
horse-in-tweed-suit.jpg
120 KB, 950x534
>>147497350
i agree they're not a reliable enough defense for a fort, but they're definitely the best choice in a lot of cases. they're not difficult to train or equip, and they enable you to kill things. it has nothing to do with rng anymore after a certain point. there are tough beasts, but what could they do? the only danger is aoe attacks, fireballs, dust, that sort of thing. but you have war animals to aggro + kite and marksdwarves to disable over a distance, and then a single melee dwarf to kill the thing reliably on his first hit because of his great stats and gear (if the enemy doesn't die to arrows or dodges into oblivion), and it's okay if he gets disintegrated by the dust afterwards because you have hundreds of dwarves and they're legendary in like two years, and you get a cool statue and story out of it. i agree that engineering enemies away is much more elegant and "safe", but a military is, besides being effective at designated killing, absolutely essential. there is no "using it for the sake of using it" since dwarves get an unhappy thought about a lack of protection if your military is too small. that's not to mention that everyone needs to be technically military for the non-degrading body covering. also, it's just something for dwarves to do - they're put on this world and into your fortress to what, eternally turn resources into crafts? some dwarves have both an interest and a need in working out and martial arts. they're the only race to go into martial trance for a reason. it's simply something for them to do and create stories with, and it's what makes fortresses intimidating - if you go there, hundreds of well-trained killing machines, each consistently more murderous than demons, emerge from a place worse than hell itself and do whatever they want, without fear of death. not "can't ever go there". really, with an optimal military you can go conquer hell and reside in it, an what downside does it have?
>>
>>147498336
Toady isn't that old, jeeze. In fact given how far DF has come, at the current rate I'd imagine any development at the time of his natural death would be bugfix/optimization related.
>>
>>147498209
i don't think you're ultimately interested in arguments or a genuine discussion where your values are subject to change about the validity of a military. i think you just wanted to feel cool or maybe even superior about your way of playing, but only in a not that serious half-hearted way.
>>
Looks like if your civilization is dead, retiring a fortress doesn't reenable dwarves in adventure mode. Yeouch! Seafood soup!
>>
File: ThinkIHaveAProblem.png (53 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ThinkIHaveAProblem.png
53 KB, 1920x1080
Oh god... Legendary Woodcutter.

Having access to caverns and glitchy volcano tubes introduces a whole minigame of trying to get something interesting built before the magma/water/ice closes in... and I've been doing this all day.

>>147498530
Yup, there may be other more difficult to quantify effects, accuracy was the easiest (aim an attack, check your unit.actions[next].attack_accuracy) and the skill thing I can see happening but haven't been able to track down where it is listed specifically, so, eh.
>>
>>147499003
I believe that there is a very narrow scope of situation in which dwarven military is indeed the best choice, but only due to convenience. Regarding the fb issue a number of their types, namely, as you mentioned, the aoe spammers, dusters, but also certain symptom bearers and webbers require, as again you mentioned, much more attention, and while I believe utilising local tamed fauna does alleviate the issue it still is, in my opinion simply inefficient or not as efficient as simply baiting the offending creature into position and simply collapsing the ceiling onto it or turning it into obsidian statue. I agree that partaking in military is indeed one of the more common dwarven ambition and it does make them happy, however I feel that getting into discussion about dwarven purpose in life and overall fortress theme is simply straying a little too far from the topic at hand and for me, personally, the usefulness of dwarven military outside of providing your citizens with something to do or creating it for the sake of being 'dwarfy' is rather miniscule. Also I don't think that having a military is wrong or improper as some anons believe or appear to believe, I simply think that powertraining your military while there is already little use for them is beating the dead horse with a stick.
>>
I set Night Trolls to 1000, and the last human habitation had 24 humans in it. I hid in a house to sleep, and at the night I saw little asterixes moving around on the world map like ants as I slept -- hordes of night trolls looking for the last uncorrupted humans to rape.
>>
>>147501225
l-lewd
>>
File: UnswrvingHabitOfChopping.png (54 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
UnswrvingHabitOfChopping.png
54 KB, 1920x1080
>>147501225
You gon' get raped, Urist.

Bet you wish >>147500460 had trained more soldiers to kill sum trollz huh!
>>
>>147502351
Tileset-anon is YOUTHFUL
Tileset-anin is HIP
>>
>>147476132
>On standard mineral frequency
it's just the amount you get of each, not how many different types iirc
>>
>>147470336
>pacify and comedy at great levels
He just told them jokes whenever they thought of executing him
>>
File: TilesetAnonIsNuts.gif (1 MB, 1455x1078) Image search: [Google]
TilesetAnonIsNuts.gif
1 MB, 1455x1078
>>147502515
My mommy says I'm hip!
>>
>>147489609
>too
Worthless image.
>>
File: theelfexposed.png (150 KB, 1468x1060) Image search: [Google]
theelfexposed.png
150 KB, 1468x1060
Which one do you support?
>>
File: Moltenproblems.png (43 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Moltenproblems.png
43 KB, 1920x1080
>>147506013
>not building inside a briefly empty volcano tube
>having to deal with cold walls, and floors... and ceilings
>needing to go all the way over to a nearby volcano to dispose of bodies and garbage
>barbaric
>>
Will a propelled creature smash a window if it hits it? If not, does anyone know if this is on the agenda for Toady?

This, along with a more detailed worldgen that creates buildings with windows, would make adventure mode far more interesting. More detailed buildings overall would be cool. For example, the treehouses should all have ladders connecting them to the ground, so that the elves can actually move around their sites like the other races can. More buildings with multiple floors, and some with balconies and roof hatches, would also be cool, and make parkour funner.
>>
>>147506619
Windows are walls, indestructible. It's somewhere there in the future.
>>
>>147506013
This image really needs to show a human rather than a goblin.
>>
>>147506704
That's not true. Unlike walls, which count as constructions, windows count as furniture, and should thus be destructible by building destroyers.
>>
Does anyone have a new highend CPU and what type of performance do they get? I've got an i7 2600k and feel like it's time to start looking into buying a new CPU
>>
File: OhShitSorryFolks.png (55 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
OhShitSorryFolks.png
55 KB, 1920x1080
So I'm all buffed and shit, hyperlethal, and I make a point to give the random animal folks in the caverns a wide berth cause I don't wanna bump into them and punch heads off or whatnot accidentally.

Then I decide to go ahead and use some spore tree wood to fill out a bit until the blood thorns grow back, and the first fucking tree I cut down lands on a little group of amphibian people, killing one instantly.

>>147506619
Not yet, once tiles get reword I imagine stuff like damaged constructions will be a big priority, being able to have thin walls you toss up fast but are flimsy, solid stone blocks with mortar, etc.
>>
File: helm plump man2.jpg (21 KB, 251x299) Image search: [Google]
helm plump man2.jpg
21 KB, 251x299
bumi
>>
>>147506790
Goblins and elves oppose each other on most ethical values though. Humans having them be randomized can put certain human civilizations at peace with elves.
>>
>>147510463
Yeah I guess. Makes sense as goblin propaganda.
>>
File: FinishedTower.gif (830 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FinishedTower.gif
830 KB, 1920x1080
>>147510463
Which is amusing because the 64 bit world gen I did and have been playing on currently is fucking full of elves going to war with gobs and humans.
>>
So like, for someone just starting, what's a good embark setup thing? Like, skills for my dwarves and stuff to take
>>
>>147511650
Seven alchemists in freezing biome, preferably ice, make sure its evil, no axes, and no anvils as they are too heavy, rest should be plump helmets, also take at least two cats of opposing genders to ward off vermin.
>>
>>147511650
Just leave it at default and ignore >>147512309
Try for a place that is temperate and MAKE SURE it has no aquifer.
>>
>>147511650
If you're completely new I think one of the beginner packs has a pregenned world with a fort saved right after embark so you can follow the walkthrough.

If you know a little, then you probably just want to avoid aquifers, the oceans and evil biomes. Shallow metal"S" are good to help you learn about equipping your dwarves for military early on and Flux Stone is necessary for steel production which is the best normally obtainable weapon and armor material.
>>
>10
>>
File: 1406623385723.png (230 KB, 577x305) Image search: [Google]
1406623385723.png
230 KB, 577x305
>>
File: yuishiggy.png (248 KB, 343x391) Image search: [Google]
yuishiggy.png
248 KB, 343x391
>>147515758
>pic shows the throat, not the neck
>pic shows the part flying off in an arc, not collapsing into a lump of gore
>pic shows the part flying off separated from the rest of the head, while it the game the head would follow the severed neck
>>
File: kumo.jpg (132 KB, 1497x1000) Image search: [Google]
kumo.jpg
132 KB, 1497x1000
>game lets you play as a spider
>don't get spider related abilities

No excuse. I should have the natural ability to spin webs, have venomous bites and walk up walls. Mod when?
>>
>>147517180
Make it yourself.
>>
>>147517180
Why does she have head on her cunt?
>>
File: heresy magic.png (549 KB, 1129x1600) Image search: [Google]
heresy magic.png
549 KB, 1129x1600
>>147517762
Because she was originally a human that reincarnated into a spider that then assimilated a lot of power and evolved to create an appearance similar to what she had when she was human.
>>
>>147517762
Because it's always a matter of how stupid do you want the anatomy in your centaur-type critters?

"Ow, god, my upper ribs!"
'Wait, which ones?'
"The upper ones, you know, the humanoid portion?"
'...I'm finding a different adventuring party.'

Also, copy over [STANCE_CLIMBER], [WEBIMMUNE] (is there a SUPER?), and the web interaction?
>>
File: Hmmmm.png (95 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hmmmm.png
95 KB, 1920x1080
>perfect world made for 129x129 maps
>stuck it on a 33x33 to see what happened
>>
>>147515758
>>147516316
yep, pretty shit desu senpai Imo
>>
File: BigMapsetLittleWorld.png (81 KB, 792x1188) Image search: [Google]
BigMapsetLittleWorld.png
81 KB, 792x1188
>>147520141
http://pastebin.com/HviREUVj
>>
File: Безымянный.png (1 MB, 1912x2058) Image search: [Google]
Безымянный.png
1 MB, 1912x2058
Can i use 1 track for 2 routes? Minecrarts seems to be blocking each others route and dwarves hauling minecarts instead of pushing them. But maybe i am doing something wrong.
>>
>>147524104
You can use 1 track for two routes, but not one stop. Operating minecarts can't share a tile except when they're being guided. This makes planning routes that share tracks difficult, but it's doable.
>>
>>147524391
Well i tried it with with different stops already as you can see at 1st pic. But they didnt use it properly anyway.
>>
>>147524391
Nevermind i am an idiot.
>>
>>147468986
Legendary wood crafter what the fuck

Someone tell me what do do with 20 fucking bards and poets i've "accidentally" allowed to stay in my fort. CBF waiting 2 years until they become citizens.
>>
>>147524507
Yeah, I'm sure there's a logic you could work with one stop feeding two carts going to two different stops.

>>147524983
Well, tavern rhymes with cavern... move it down there after marking all their gear and clothes for dumping, if they survive they get to come back to the upper fort.
>>
Does /dfg/ prefer their forts to wide/deep or tall?
I prefer to keep as much as possible on one z level and leave the rest for mines.
>>
>>147525489
I like 'em deeper than a 3rd year philosophy major.
>>
>>147525489
Seperate layers for different things, keep bedrooms far away from workshops etc.
>>
File: DFG.png (5 KB, 392x23) Image search: [Google]
DFG.png
5 KB, 392x23
So this is how you get legendary woodcrafter as a child.
>>
volcano eruptions when?
>>
File: 24214123.png (667 KB, 1920x1030) Image search: [Google]
24214123.png
667 KB, 1920x1030
>>147526587
There is nothing special.
>>
>>147526697
RIght after multithreading.
>>
>>147524680
Don't worry, we all feel that way.

that you're an idiot
>>
>>147526587
Not if it's a possession.
>>
File: 20160704_220134[1].jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160704_220134[1].jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
So I had a df related dream last night, and I sketched it out (1/2)

> A human farmer who lives in the woods with his wife and child returns from a long journey to the city
> Finds his home in ruins and the corpses of his spouse and son
> Finds both their skulls picked clean, a signature of a local goblin warparty
> Thought they would usually go find nobles, guess they found his home and raided it
> Desires revenge
> Knows of a local diety who represents revenge, loyalty and ash
> Goes to the diety who was expecting the farmer
> Understands the farmer's plight for revenge, gives him Galkaolit an artifact sword and a toen of his religion
> Says that the sword will lead him to the blood of his enemies and give him the power to defeat them
> In return the farmer will owe the diety
> The farmer accepts
>>
>>147526587
No. Possessions don't increase their skill.
>>
File: SomeKindaPoolPartyMaybe.png (39 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SomeKindaPoolPartyMaybe.png
39 KB, 1920x1080
>>147528147
Well fuck, that's surprisingly badass.
>>
File: 20160704_220206[1].jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160704_220206[1].jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
(2/2)

> The diety was no liar, the sword truly did lead the farmer to the blood of his enemies
> It pointed to the direction and the farmer only needed to follow
> Once he had reached the goblin bandits the sword became ecstatic
> It made him quicker and stronger, and the sword so thirsty for goblin blood guided him to cleave his enemies to pieces
> By the end of the battle only the farmer was standing, with a few minor wounds he had accomplished his wish
> Only moments after the battle the diety had reappeared to him, seems it had followed him the whole way
> The diety explains that he has fulfilled the farmer's wish and now it was time for the farmer to pay it back
> The diety explained that now the human shall be his fighter, or more honestly his war-slave
> He will carry Galkaolit and slay whoever the diety chooses
> Willed by an unknown force the human cannot refuse and is imbued into the diety's service
> He spends the rest of eternity scouring the lands slaying whoever or whatever his master desires, acquiring gifts of armor and tokens from his fallen enemies he does not wither

And then I wokeup from my dream
>>
>>147528752
Was the dream in ascii or did you use a tileset?
>>
File: 24214123.png (787 KB, 1920x1030) Image search: [Google]
24214123.png
787 KB, 1920x1030
>>147524104
Well now everything works fine. Except minecart is dropping food. Dwarf is guiding it, not pushing.
>>
>>147528861
It was ASCii
for those extra details
>>
File: Brilliant.jpg (60 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Brilliant.jpg
60 KB, 600x450
>Got silver whip from human caravan
Dis gonna be gud
>>
File: WaitWhenDidThatHappen.png (65 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WaitWhenDidThatHappen.png
65 KB, 1920x1080
Huh... I'm apparently the master of my civ now?

There was a dragon that had the position, but I started in the mead hall with them, killed it while the lord I was supposed to protect smoldered... and I guess it goes by highlander rules?

>>147528752
As I said, surprisingly badass, and why I love this game, all the stories that emerge from it.
>>
>>147528147
>>147528752
If I dreamed in stock fantasy tropes I think I would kill myself.
>>
>>147530348
You ought to, in prevention.

How to get rid of corpses of kobolds and humans who died fighting each other in my fort.
>>
>>147525153
How do you mark their gear for dumping? Stocks menu?
>>
>>147530593
Make corpses stockpile.
>>
>>147531097
Yar, or you can view their inventory directly and dump it item by item, faster through the stocks.
>>
>>147530593
>You ought to, in prevention.
In a time before time I killed me.
>>
>>147531907
i have that, but i want to bury them or such. atom smashing is a lazy option
>>
>>147533263
>dig hole
>dump bodies
>build a floor over the hole

Closest you're getting to a burial, unless you want to drop a cave in on them or obsidianize them.
>>
File: 1406585471719.gif (130 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
1406585471719.gif
130 KB, 450x300
>>
>>147534915
Do you see demons being more brutal in the short future. Like, putting some effort in fucking with earthling's minds and lives instead of just killing them.
They could have characteristics procedurally created to match this, like a demon that feeds solely on terror, and needs to make dwarven lives horrible to live, etc.
Somehow, it could surely be a result of the hostility slide
>>
File: RevengeForMyDwarvenSisters.png (51 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
RevengeForMyDwarvenSisters.png
51 KB, 1920x1080
Huh, so the elves which took over this dorf town just lost their claim, but their queen can stay... why?

She's the goblin standing there.

I geared up the dwarf poet there and gave them a promotion to lord/became a hearthperson along with the others I recruited beforehand.

Fuckin' elves coming in here, taking over MY people's towns?

Hell naw.
>>
>>147506930
that's not necessary at all. overclock hard and get some faster ram with low latency.
>>
>>147535754
What do you expect, that they immediately start walking to whatever forest retreat they came from?
>>
File: 14211736003790.jpg (6 KB, 192x200) Image search: [Google]
14211736003790.jpg
6 KB, 192x200
>mfw no goblin siege for 6 years
>mfw embarked near 2 towers and no necromancer siege for 7 years
>>
File: toplel.jpg (26 KB, 425x315) Image search: [Google]
toplel.jpg
26 KB, 425x315
>mfw a human from the caravan was a vampire and drained a useless peasant for blood
>>
>>147539098
>Mfw never had a single invasion in all the 6 months ive been playing the game
>Mfw never had a FB atack me at all
>mfw i have no face
>>
Any guesses?
>>
>>147536818
They do actually leave and set up camp outside of town when you throw off an occupation.
>>
>>147539754
birch figurine
spikes of puppy bone
image of elves laughing and being merry
>>
>>147540148
Not bad, 110k dorfbucks.

Also, related to an event 450 years earlier, damn.
>>
File: ksksk.png (88 KB, 1600x860) Image search: [Google]
ksksk.png
88 KB, 1600x860
>have become so OP not even the demons can stop me
>>
>>147540357
Until you encounter one with an OP superpower, like webbing.
>>
>>147540881
Word, even with my 10.0 speed supersoldier godmode adventurers webbers are ass.
>>
>>147540881
Aaaand thats why I brought along spears for kiting.
The worst I've encountered was giant cuckoos with deadly dust.
>>
Can i just smash nobles with AS? Maybe there is better ways to make them less annoying?
>>
File: HeyGuysWhatsGoingOhShi.png (71 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HeyGuysWhatsGoingOhShi.png
71 KB, 1920x1080
The fuck kinda party did I walk in on?

First sign of any of those asterisks as I'm walking up:

>the frail elf swordmaster: I must withdraw!
>the jutting chin dwarf recruit bites the zombie giant polar bear in the head, latching on firmly!
>the skinny elf recruit locks the tall elf bowman's right hip with their upper arm!
>>
File: TheFuckIsAllThisShit.png (92 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TheFuckIsAllThisShit.png
92 KB, 1920x1080
>>147541908
Couple of them are listed as being my ally, but weirdly not the ones I knocked the giant zombie polar bear off of?

Fuck it, ya'll have fun chewing on that bearcorpse, I'm heading to the bar.
>>
>>147512309
LMAO!2CAT!!!
>>
>>147539754
niiiice floors
well, until they hit the walls, then it looks weird because there's a bit of floor on the other side
>>
>>147539754
>not making your library symmetrical

Uh excuse me wtf r u doing?
>>
>>147541237
You can either appoint nobles with no item preferences or just suck it up and make their amulets and bucklers and millstones or whatever. It's not like meeting mandates is difficult, especially after the workshop specifications update.
>>
File: 24214123.png (649 KB, 1920x1030) Image search: [Google]
24214123.png
649 KB, 1920x1030
>>147539098
YES! YES!
>>
So like will armies invade and conquer towns in adventure mode? And if not, when can we expect that to be updated?
>>
>>147543964
I heard a rumor about a raiding party coming to fuck up a town and then I stumbled across them sleeping in their tents outside of it. I've also been running into a lot of insurrections but I'm not sure if those are related.
>>
>>147543964
It doesn't matter whether its dorf mode or adventure mode, armies move regardless, except that in adventure mode you can show up and try to save a town under siege. Check towards the end of the month, if you find encampments full of gobbos, kill them all.
>>
File: tilesetanon's adventure.png (28 KB, 1129x541) Image search: [Google]
tilesetanon's adventure.png
28 KB, 1129x541
>>147541908
Made an OC out of it.

Funny fact: this is the second OC I post in the general that is based on your adventures.
>>
>>147544331
How can I check which towns are currently under siege?
>>
>>147544418
You can either monitor it in legends (not recommended) or simply do a walk-by in adventure mode.

You can also protect sites from being taken over by retiring buff adventures to it. For example, normally dwarves will emigrate to your new fortress when you start a new one, but nondwarves won't, so leaving some human or (((elf))) adventurers there will ensure someone will be guarding it.
>>
File: 24214123.png (713 KB, 1920x1030) Image search: [Google]
24214123.png
713 KB, 1920x1030
Are they serious?
>>
>>147544830
There's strong. Then there's army strong.
>>
>>147544830
An idea I heard is to have a monster that is shuttered in your communal sleeping area. Thus when you want to jostle everyone awake, flip the switch so they can see the monster and get freaked out.
>>
>>147539871
Not while you're watching. The site has to be unloaded first.
>>
>>147545069
>communal sleeping area
do you seriously deny dorfs their own rooms?

what the actual fuck
>>
File: index.jpg (47 KB, 500x437) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
47 KB, 500x437
>>147545069
>when you want to jostle everyone awake, flip the switch so they can see the monster and get freaked out.
>see the monster while sleeping
>>
>>147545069
Tfw ur alarm in the morning is a caged, screaming hydra in the center of your dormitory.

Wew.
>>
>>147545350
I think they would wake up, not sure. If not, at least you could intercept derfs who wanted to sleep.

>>147545289
Its stupidly easier to give them opulence in a single room than 101 separate rooms.
>>
File: tmp_12041-cowardlyLion-185017445.jpg (176 KB, 1600x1201) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12041-cowardlyLion-185017445.jpg
176 KB, 1600x1201
>>147544635
>(not recommended)
What? Are you actually saying that it's easier to 'simply' walk to every settlement whose siege status you want to know than to look it up in legends? I know you love to shill for adv mode, and I love you for it, but come on. That's absurd.
>>
>>147545854
>Are you actually saying that it's easier to 'simply' walk to every settlement whose siege status you want to know than to look it up in legends

I typically play on very small worlds with the civs very crammed together. But more than that, I find checking for legends on even relatively small worlds very annoying.

>shill for adventurer mode
>in response to a question *about adventure mode*

what
>>
So, how would you like if I made a fortress specially designed for someone to go through it in adventure mode.
How come man-made dungeons are so forgotten in this community?

Even minecraft has downloadable maps, what the fuck
>>
>>147546928
Do it then.
>>
>>147546928
It'd be pretty cool.

However the reason they haven't really caught on I think is that everyone likes different mods and such.
>>
>>147543282
That's... Not my library.
>>
>>147546493
>in response to a question *about adventure mode*
Don't play dumb. You know exactly what I mean. Well, assuming you're >>147542056 >>147541908.

You're not fooling me.
>>
>>147547017
>>147547050
Sounds about right, Ill make one.
Any preferences?
Mazes, monsters, colyseum, parkour?
>>
>>147548197
All of the above. Post us some teaser shots also, a bit of exposition, maybe some misleading ideas...
>>
File: training.png (15 KB, 324x182) Image search: [Google]
training.png
15 KB, 324x182
what can i do to make my militia more efficient? looks like i suck at this
it seems that my training isnt good enough, i set em to train 10 out of 10, 3/4 of the year (one free month every three training schedule), they all train inside the same barracks (train with individual and squad equipment from one armor stand)
equipment and happiness its not a problem, but looks like my training plan is just shit
>>
>>147548787
It takes a long time to get good soldiers.

Proper armor is more important anyways.
>>
>>147548787
You just have to wait more. It takes 3-4 years to become X-lord/master and get good military related skills.
>>
File: training2.png (2 KB, 250x136) Image search: [Google]
training2.png
2 KB, 250x136
>>147548916
>>147549403
rush for steel then? i usually settle for iron set the first years, goblins arent a problem because cage traps are robust but sometimes i get the fun swamp colossus that shoots fire and cant move without legs

also, individual armor/weapon stands are worth?
>>
File: WellArentYouMetalAsFuck.png (91 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WellArentYouMetalAsFuck.png
91 KB, 1920x1080
>>147544376
Nice, there were more people running around but in all that chaos I just left after seeing those ones.
>>
>>147549506
>rush for steel then?
Imo, yes.
>individual armor/weapon stands are worth?
I've never thought of that... I make a single armor/weapon stand for each squad. Works fine.
>>
>>147545238
Actually that is only the case if you're currently on the enemy list for one of the units.

If you kill the administrator in a manner which DOESN'T involve something that gets retaliations, they just get up and leave.
>>
File: ConfusionReigns.png (322 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ConfusionReigns.png
322 KB, 1920x1080
>>147547970
(wrong anon)
>>
>>147547970
>Well, assuming you're

No. My last two adventurer mode encounters was the bit about 1000 night trolls crawling everywhere like ants, and finding out that retiring a dwarf fortress in a derfless world doesn't bring you the option of playing dwarf adventurers.
>>
>>147548197

One idea I had was something like a goblin fort that had goblins, trolls, beak dogs, maybe ogres, and hard to reach necromancers behind bars, lots of masterwork gear to find, etc. Just an idea.
>>
>>147548787
Just wait. Military training is a very "set it and forget it" kind of process. If you didn't have already skilled soldiers to seed their progression, it will take a few years. If you did, you might start seeing weaponlords in as little as a year and a half.
You should completely ignore >>147548916, full masterwork armor has never been half as valuable as legendary blocking or dodging, and the most recent update has greatly expanded that value gap. A dwarf covered in adamantine can have their neck broken by a solid shot to the head, but a legendary blocker will almost never have that issue.
>>
>>147550204
>adjusts tin foil cap
Oh. Nevermind then.
But I've got my eye on you.
>>
>>147550402
Yeah, that sounds right.
I'll probably use statues or engravings to give messages or orientation to players
Its gonna be a pocket world, so I can work without problems with fps.
Trapping enemies is gonna be the hardest part.
Dont expect it soon.
>You should start making some Oc as offering for this proyect btw, preferably stories about magic or mechanics you would like into dwarf fortress
>>
>>147552035
I'd personally just use one of the simple mods that enables playing goblins, you can even keep troll and ogre pet val at the default cost of 1 or what not. Embark with a bajillion evil fauna to stock your dungeon.

That is, unless you typically get enough siegers to be a satisfying stocking.
>>
>>147553180
well, thats a good idea, thanks
>>
How does it look?
Will first scout the area with an adventurer, then retire him close to where I'll embark to use him later as a dungeon tester.
Probably gonna embark next to the tower and volcano
>>
File: CouldTryToBuildOneOfThese.png (68 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CouldTryToBuildOneOfThese.png
68 KB, 1920x1080
>>147554518
Well, gotta sacrifice the hell layer to get the glitch, but having the caverns open from any volcano and all the shit you can build down in these volcano tubes...
>>
It's here!

07/05/2016
Here are the first official 64-bit releases! This would not be possible without help from our community -- you can view the exciting and sometimes late-night discussion over in the 0.43.04 release thread if you want to see how the cake was baked. This release should also make worlds generated with the same seed more consistent, and it has a few other minor fixes we managed to sneak in.

New stuff
64-bit support, pulling the game from the distant past into the previous decade

Major bug fixes
Fixed problem with artistic skill assignment causing world histories to diverge
Fixed problem with worldgen trade causing world histories to diverge

Other bug fixes/tweaks
Stopped babies/children from competing in w.g. events
Made gorlaks able to open doors, stopped desizing of their heads
Fixed some mem leaks
07/05/2016
Released Dwarf Fortress 0.43.05
>>
Once magic becomes a more robust part of the game, DF will incorporate all of the following:
Dwarfs
Dwellings
Dwindling
Dweomercraft
>>
>>147556156
no m8, I was talking about the pocket world where I'll make the dungeon fortress, I just forgot the pic
>>
File: 1406786585118.png (322 KB, 749x1440) Image search: [Google]
1406786585118.png
322 KB, 749x1440
>>
File: RonPaulHappeningBunker.gif (188 KB, 670x473) Image search: [Google]
RonPaulHappeningBunker.gif
188 KB, 670x473
>>147557012
>>
File: 1268499484515.jpg (188 KB, 900x300) Image search: [Google]
1268499484515.jpg
188 KB, 900x300
>>147557012
>>
>>147557012
PRAISE THE OMNISSIAH
>>
>>147557012
omgorsh there's no .png not found error!

No having to load up vim and edit the relevant files!
>>
>>147557012
Why are people so excited over this, out of curiosity? Is it solely due to the diverging history bug?
>>
>>147561189
pretty sure its the 64bit support
>>
>>147561189
More ram, subtle but important reduction of the onset of lag/fps death, better performance in high pop sites, bigger longer worlds with more history.
>>
>>147561304
>>147561334
But I mean as opposed to the prior 64 bit DF.
>>
>>147561189
Gorlaks opening doors is a gamechanger. Fort will never be the same.
>>
>Toady in rapid fire update mode
I feel sorry for the people that work on therapist and dfhack
>>
>>147562435
I feel sorry for toady himself, autism is a difficult condition
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 184

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.