[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on No Man's Sky? I think it looks like it could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: nomanssky.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nomanssky.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Thoughts on No Man's Sky? I think it looks like it could be really cool and have some interesting things to see.
>>
>>344376960
Go away.
>>
>infinite universe you will never be able to explore and is basically the same cookie cutter plants and animals again and again with one biome per planet
People have this perfect conception of a procedurally generated universe in their head but no game will ever succeed. All the time that goes into creating an infinite universe means there is less time spent on things to actually do in that universe.
>>
It's a heavily misunderstood game. A colorful space sim where it's literally all about exploration. The nigh infinite size will keep things fresh and exciting for a long period of time. I can't wait for it.

It's going to be Legen-wait for it-Dary
>>
It's going to be like Fable. An okay game that people will shit post about because it didn't live up to expectations.
>>
File: ACA.jpg (91 KB, 700x729) Image search: [Google]
ACA.jpg
91 KB, 700x729
>>344376960
Stop shilling.
>>
>>344376960
>posting a thread about Spore 2016
C'mon man what are you doing
>>
I'm gonna steal it because $60 is a little high for such a small development team. But, I will say nice things about it if it's good.
>>
>>344376960
Like what? They should've shown something interesting by now. All the discussion the devs talk about is "It's so big! So explorable! We built this from the ground up."
>>
>>344380085
There were several videos about it showing off various features. Unfortunately, as expected, they were limited in the things you have to do and very vague about the endgame.
>>
Looking forward to my ultimate comfy game. Flying around in my personal, bought with in game money space craft, checking out neat looking planets, pig monsters, space stations, bases, caves and moons while listening to cool tunes and podcasts.
>>
I can't fucking wait.
>>
>Elite Dangerous + Spore: electric boogaloo
>>
File: 1460435238667.jpg (5 KB, 108x169) Image search: [Google]
1460435238667.jpg
5 KB, 108x169
>"LOOK HOW BIG THIS GAME IS"
>.."what about the gameplay"
>"DUDE THE UNIVERSE IS HUUUUUUGE"
>"okay, what can you do in it?"
>"YOU CAN FLY AROUND THE UNIVERSE DUDE"

Literally that's all the developers have been saying about this game, and that's all the gameplay shows.

The game is going to be a shallow piece of shit with nothing to do besides and explore planets. They haven't shown anything besides that.
>>
>>344380085
What do you want to know?
>>
>>344380594
Why it should be fun to play.
>>
>>344380254
It will get old fast, anon. Mark my words. All the space stations look the same and aren't explorable, all the ships, plants, and animals will be minor variations of a few actual distinct designs, and the gameplay will last 12 hours with little replayability.
>>
If I wanted to explore a procedurally generated universe and little else then I'd just use Space Engine. A fantasy procedurally generated world means fuckall except for a place to play the game, which itself means nothing if the gameplay sucks or is lacking in content.
>>
>>344380694
You know fun is subjective right? This isnt going to appeal to someone whos exclusively into shooters or games like dark souls. Asking why is this fun, is a weird question.
This will be fun to someone who likes sci fi space games, exploring open world games, and games where upgrading and light crafing is a major gameplay component. Did this help?
>>
>>344376960
Yeah, you just described a walking sim.
>>
>>344380562
That's why he calls himself the mastermind.
>>
Yeah, I ain't on board with this shit. My friends got me to fall for this kinda shit with Starbound, I'm not falling for it again.
>>
>>344381303
>This will be fun to someone who likes sci fi space games, exploring open world games, and games where upgrading and light crafing is a major gameplay component.

so no one?

>Did this help?

Yes, but why would you make a game for no audience? Even seeing this game on that Colbert guy show he was just really confused why he should be excited.
>>
>>344381527
Then why am i and thousands of others looking forward to it? The people who have scoured the internet for every bit of info on it so they know what they're getting in to. All the form pages, and subreddits, and wherever else. There is absolutely an audience. It just doesn't include you apparently.
>>
As a rule, any game that /v/ try to shit on for no valuable reason before release turn into a critical and commercial success.

It'll probably be good because it fills the niche it aims for nicely, all the retards saying it's going to fail have to ask questions about it so I wouldn't listen to their opinion.
>>
>>344381527
>There aren't people with likes and interests different than mine.

You were a very sheltered child weren't you?
>>
>>344382016
people have stated many reasons why this game will probably flop

i hate the whole "/v/ hates all video games" mindset too, but this game seriously looks barebones and the developers and shown nothing besides "BIG WORLD SPACE"
>>
>>344382225
They have though. You just haven't seen it. They showed crafting and upgrading, and a language system. They've also talked about trading a bunch but there aren't videos of it.
>>
>>344382225
>people have stated many reasons why this game will probably flop
Yeah, based on vague as fuck concepts or false informations, so why should I care about their opinion on a game if they get their facts wrong about it, even though they claim it's shallow as fuck? Just like your post, actually.
>>
>>344382632
>vague as fuck concepts or false informations

what have they shown besides flying around and exploring planets
>>
>>344383289
Do some fucking research yourself you fuck. Don't bitch about something you know nothing about. This a shits been answered a hundred times over.
>>
File: Cm1MREvUkAAYVrh.jpg (168 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Cm1MREvUkAAYVrh.jpg
168 KB, 1200x900
>>344376960

How about you fuck off, shill
>>
>>344383289
Thanks for proving my point
>>
Wide as the ocean, deep as a puddle.
>>
>>344380737
Surely by your comment you've spent a great deal of time playing the game, yes? OH WAIT, IT HASN'T EVEN COME OUT YET! Moron.
>>
File: 1466023086303.jpg (28 KB, 640x394) Image search: [Google]
1466023086303.jpg
28 KB, 640x394
>>344383470
>nu-male dev team
every time i see this shit.

Someone post that gay luigi dev from who knows what game...
>>
File: no mans sky features.jpg (583 KB, 2500x1000) Image search: [Google]
no mans sky features.jpg
583 KB, 2500x1000
Its already out?
Ill pĂ­rate that shit just for the sake of break it and make them "lose 1 sell"
>>
>>344376960
I keep getting conflicting info on this, so I'll ask here. Am I correct in assuming that this is basically an MMO? Like, I realize the universe is so big that the odds of you running into another player even with 1mil online at once is low, but can it happen? Or do you not interact with anybody outside of their name showing up if you visit a planet they've found or something?
>>
>>344384568
You cant see other players character, you will only see what shit they named when they was there.

any other stuff wont be there, not even the holes and stuff you do after you leave the planet.

got it?
>>
>>344382016
>As a rule, any game that /v/ try to shit on for no valuable reason before release turn into a critical and commercial success.
/v/ has been cancer for years now.
Honestly this board(along with a few others) is essentially Reddit at this point.

The problem with this game is it's vague marketing.
People get the wrong idea when they incorrectly believe that this isn't a niche title.
>>
>>344384195
fuckoff fag
>>
>>344388223

Rectal ravaged numale detected.

Did you wash your flannel today, anon?
>>
Not for $60. I'll wait until someone with an opinion I have a shred of respect for gives me a real idea of the final game.
>>
Wait one month.

At that time, you will know if the game lives up to the hype.

It's still possible, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I'm sure.
>>
>>344388223
Suck my dick fag, looks like you are use to defend sissys
>>
>>344388447
There is nothing more than the stuff it was already showed.
>>
>>344387468
>marketing will tell me what a video already showed me about its flying physics among other features
You sound more like reddit than the rest.
this place was allways cancer
>>
>>344380737

Not him but I put over 800 hours into GTA Online, and I'm not even that good at it. A substantial amount of that time is just cruising. If a game feels right I can sink lots of time into it.

Not sure if No Man's Sky will be that kind of game, mind.
>>
>exploration
>procedural generation
Pick one and only one. This game will be shit even at the only thing it pretends to not be shit at.
>>
this is going to be starbound 2 electric boogaloo, now in 3D
>>
>>344392210
Falseflag shilling on full force eh?
>>
>>344384195
implying real men waste time on video games
lmao who are you trying to fool you turbobeta fuck
>>
>>344393101
I smell butthurt.
>real men
There was never such thing.
>>
File: no man shills.jpg (148 KB, 1137x883) Image search: [Google]
no man shills.jpg
148 KB, 1137x883
>>344376960
Stop it anon, no one cares.
>>
>>344393173
nice projecting mr betamax
>>
>>344393274
>im projecting but blame him for projecting
Stop it sanyo, you are not fooling anyone.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.