[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: akarmit.png (64 KB, 274x286) Image search: [Google]
akarmit.png
64 KB, 274x286
Post your best memes, songs, fanart, tier lists. Just post good shit.
What was your favorite ZTD twist?
>>
>>344225918
I honestly still can't decide if the Q twist is brilliant or stupid, either way it's probably my favorite just because of how fucking crazy it is to go "There's been another character off screen all along!"
>>
>VLR: All of this had to be done because I couldn't shift!

>ZTD: EVERYONE CAN SHIFT!
>>
>>344225918
That Diana was a slut.
>>
>>344226196
For a long time I was thinking "okay, so THIS is the game where Zero isn't actually one of the guys playing it"

Boy did I feel like a fucking idiot when that asshole got out of the wheelchair he had the whole time with a watch on

>>344226462
All of that had to be done because SHIFTing backward a few hours is much easier than SHIFTing backward a few decades.
>>
>>344226196
Yeah. I'd be so much more on board if it didn't go so far out of it's way to try avoid showing him. If there were more moments, even seeing the wheel of his chair instead of just a shadow. And the way camera angles directly contradict him being there. I still love it for the sheer ballsyness of it.
>>
>>344226462
>random fireman can shift better than the guy who had a whole game dedicated to hone his shifting skills
>>
>Carlos teleported 10 months back and did nothing to stop Zero
>>
Goddamn these cutscenes are a slog to get through compared to the VN segments
So am I supposed to randomly pick these fragments or what?
>>
>>344226801
>SHIFTing backward a few hours is much easier than SHIFTing backward a few decades.
>VLR LITERALLY OPENS with Sigma shifting to Rhizome-9 45 years in the future out of nowhere
>>
>>344226462
I liked it though. It felt like a natural progression of the series. It's all about them embracing the power to shift and use it proactively instead of reactively
>999: One shifting moment becomes the key twist
>VLR: Some shifting but mostly gaining memories
>ZTD: 10 MONTHS, THE FUCK!, I WON'T DIE.
>>
>>344226484
she makes a good slut though
will be good for a few faps to come
>>
>>344227191
Not out of nowhere. After his older self pushes him out, forcing him forward. He didn't shift. His other self did, and he's dealing with the consequences.
>>
>>344227020
But Carlos had a shit ton of training in his fireman career he escaped death allot
>>
>>344227127
There wouldn't have been a game if he had done that.
>>
>>344227191
As a result of Old Sigma forcing him out through his own intentional SHIFT which took a shitload of prep time and at least two frozen sluts, not because it just sort of accidentally happened.
>>
>>344226801
>All of that had to be done because SHIFTing backward a few hours is much easier than SHIFTing backward a few decades.

My point was that in VLR, SHIFTing is a special power, and completely different from what Akane and Junpei can do, which is just access the Morphogenetic Field to download info from other timelines.

And then in ZTD her and Junpei are suddenly SHIFTing around like madmen.

>>344227020
THe entire VLR crew were a bunch of useless retards. I can't believe they worked 45 years, knew Brother's profile as an extremely old man, knew the test site was where FtS would make it's move, and their list of suspects had only a Ice Cream vendor, a woman with her tits out, a firefighter and a fucking PURPLE EYED MONSTER NOT SUSPICIOUS AT ALL ZOMBIE THE SAME AGE RANGE AS BROTHER, and for 5 days, they never suspected anything, and just ran around chatting and running on treadmills.

Jesus fucking Christ, all Akane had to do was use the Mrophogenetic Field to get in touch with Santa and go, "Hey fucker, run a background check on this purple eyed zombie, I think he's brother", and then Crash_Keys could just storm the place and fuck FtS up the ass.

Junpei and Seven, two clueless fucks playing buddy cops did more to hurt Free the Soul than Sigma, Phi or Akane ever did.
>>
TWO CARLOS
>>
>>344226996
>I still love it for the sheer ballsyness of it.
Yeah, basically this.

I also agree that they could have stood to make it more obvious, I don't think most people would have gotten it even then. Show just a little more, and maybe have some fragments where Sean tells the others that he's named Sean so it doesn't come totally out of nowhere when they call him Sean after the reveal. And maybe a few more lines like Junpei calling Q blind.

Also, it would have been even better if there was an actual reason he refused to look at himself through the cameras. Like maybe if Kyle was serving as a player stand in, viewing the world through Delta's eyes, but Delta didn't want him to understand what was going on.
>>
>>344227442
But did he have a whole game dedicated to him? He made Sigma and company look like retards.
Plus, I'm pretty sure being a fireman doesn't make you to go "Go ahead, shoot me, I won't die".
>>
How big is Junpei's dick, anyway?
>>
>>344227846
2 inches hard.
>>
So what theories have you seen since the game came out?

I know about the "Eric is his own father" one, but surely people have thought of other theories, right?
>>
>>344227775
Sigma and Phi were trained to harness their SHIFTing by all the shit that goes down in VLR. Carlos had been trained through his deadly situations as a firefighter. All both of them needed to start shifting at will was to understand it.
>>
>>344227127
>Carlos appears from the Transporter and sees Zero
>Zero MIND HACKS him and realizes Carlos did not come from Payoff 2
>Since Carlos only came to resolve Apoc End, Zero gives him 10 months of vacation before sending him on his merry way
>>
>>344227846
Judging by the lengths Akane goes to to get it, 8.1 Inches.
>>
>>344227775
>I'm pretty sure being a fireman doesn't make you to go "Go ahead, shoot me, I won't die".
It makes you, trust me.
>>
File: 1467672869032.jpg (316 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467672869032.jpg
316 KB, 1920x1080
>>344227846
big enough
>>
>>344227764

Personally I think, they jumped through too many hoops to make a twist work that doesn't even affect the story at all. Felt really cheap.
>>
So has 999 been retconned to say that Junpei was SHIFTing back to the beggining of the game every time you got a bad ending?
>>
File: I should finish this.jpg (183 KB, 669x469) Image search: [Google]
I should finish this.jpg
183 KB, 669x469
[Write more D-Team fanfiction]

[Be lazy]
>>
>>344228034
>the lengths Akane goes to to get it
She didn't do nothing. Jumpy was following her all the time like the stalker he is.
>>
File: brb getting drunk.gif (1 MB, 550x312) Image search: [Google]
brb getting drunk.gif
1 MB, 550x312
>tfw you make a miracle happen
>>
>>344228090
>that doesn't even affect the story at all.
Yeah that was the problem, which following up on Another Time from VLR could have potentially helped.
>>
>>344228243
Funniest scene in the game.

I love the way he just strolls away.
>>
>>344227713
Yeah how did nobody ever even consider that Delta could be bullshitting. He is the most suspicious person there by a goddamn mile and Akane doesn't even mention his existence in C Team's route

Not to mention apparently Carlos was the only fuckin person who made the connection that in the coinflip scene Delta vanishes right as Zero appears.

Then apparently they all "forget" about it because of the drugs and never revisit it again but conveniently remember it at the very end when it's time to save their asses
>>
>>344227127
Why didnt Akane and junpei come back with a rescue team when Carlos decided to stay behind without warning?
>>
>>344228243
Poor Jumpei 257. he was so happy, and he ended up as swiss cheese.
>>
>>344227713
But they didn't know. They got shifted out and the younger versions replaced them. Nobody has any idea what went on in the test site
>>
>>344228243
>He still ends up getting swiss cheesed
kek
>>
>>344228081
What bugged me the most about Akane's characterization is the way she responded to Junpei's dirty jokes and shit, she was too prudish about it in this game compared to 999.
>>
>>344227984
Sigma and Phi cared too much about dying desu
>>
>>344228361
How would we know if they did or didn't?
>>
>>344228448
Sigma and Phi know that the R6 outbreak happened, and they both know of Zero's profile as the leader and a very shitass oldman.

They have absolutely no excuse not to suspec Delta, aside from being a useless pair of dumbasses.
>>
>>344228526
Because Carlos is better.
>>
>>344227953
This is my own hypothesis (it ain't a theory because that requires something to make it true):

>Delta and Phi are taken in by Left's family
>Left gets a crush on Phi (like Dio had a crush on Luna)
>he got beaten to death protecting her, which leads to Delta unlocking his Mind Hack powers
>Delta and Phi enter Gordain's Nonary Games to find the murderer, and win by cheesing it with MINDHAX
>the murderer was one of Gordain's high rollers, but Delta and Phi corner him
>Gordain is impressed, and lets them join his secret club
>a number of years amassing wealth by Mind Hacking to always bet on the next winners, with the last one being Ace

I had more, but I need to compile it better.
>>
>>344228462
June was a facade. Still, she asked him to feel her before the C-team SHIFTing adventure started.
>>
>>344228643
Except for the part where he dies.
>>
>>344228184
No. The whole game is still Akane connecting with various Junpei's from alternate timelines until she finds the one that she needed to connect with to solve the sudoku
>>
>>344228643
They knew that Radical-6 happened and was likely connected to FtS, and that Brother was an old man, but did they know if Brother was an old man at the time of Dcom or just in the future?
>>
File: protip you cant.png (169 KB, 400x412) Image search: [Google]
protip you cant.png
169 KB, 400x412
It's not ZTD, but a meme's a meme.
>>
>>344228462
They were playing hard to get with each other. Junpei would talk about seeing women's nipples, and Akane would talk about how heroic Carlos is.

She does ask him to touch her breasts though.
>>
>>344228329

>OH MAN THIS IS SO GREAT YEAH A MIRACLE
>Akane proceeds to start her bullshit exposition and completely shuts him down

what a bitch
>>
>>344228643
Yeah, but they have no interaction with him in the facility and aren't sure if Zero is even Brother, or if he is even one of them. Not to mention, if you'd been with a literal dead weight for five days you wouldn't be in a hurry to suspect them if shit hits the fan.
>>
>>344228768
Yeah June was a facade, she should obviously be more aware of shit than June but I don't know why that would turn her from "Let's shower together" and "Let's get in this bed together" into "Ew! Male Fantasy!" and "Don't do anything weird on the bed Junpei!"
>>
>>344228197
Write something where 1904 Delta and Phi send a note to the Payoff 2 Klim family after hearing about them from Payoff 2 Eric and Mira.
>>
>>344229015
>it's not actually a miracle it's only a 1/72 chance!

fuck you bitch that's still some pretty low odds
>>
>>344228243
LOL BUT IF WE HAD ROLLED 3 TIMES THAT WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN A MIRACLE, HOLY SHIT JUNPEI STOP BEING HAPPY WE'RE JUST ALIVE BECAUSE CIRCUMSTANCES, MULTIVERSE THEORY AND ALL THAT. STOP ACTING LIKE A FUCKING FAGGOT
>>
>>344228797
They planned for 45 years. They should definitely considers all possibilities, especially with such a small number of suspects.

It wouldn't be Akane, Phi, Sigma, Diana or Junpei. That left Carlos, Mira, Eric and LITERALLY THE OLD MAN WITH EXTREMELY FLIMSY REASONS TO BE THERE AND FUCKING PURPLE EYES
>>
>Akane
>perfectly receives the information about Sigma and having to kidnap him, Clover and Alice etc.
>"Oh yeah, I don't know everything because I only had visions of the future my bad!"

that's convenient
>>
>>344229157
So what should they have done?
>>
File: 1467854847413.png (284 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1467854847413.png
284 KB, 540x540
>>
>>344228197
Re-write the entire game to not be shit.

I'm pretty close to just doing that.
>>
>>344229257
There are times when the morphogenetic thingy works better than other times.
>>
>>344229157
But he had just as much of a reason to be there as others did. You may be suspicious to start with, but when he is a literal dead weight. And they don't know that it couldn't be one of them. For all they know it may be one of them working from within to access the facility and release it. And they don't know brother is old until after ZTD
>>
>>344227846
Big enough to fold into a 5.
>>
>>344228462
Akane kinda sucked in general in this game compared to the others desu

>999
>Creates a facade of being shy and helpless generic love interest for Junpei before dropping it at the end and revealing herself to be genius mastermind behind the whole Game

>VLR
>Omnipotent psychic essentially single-handedly traveling through time and fighting to save the world

>Zero Time Dilemma
>JUUUUUUUUUUUUUNPEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIII HOW CAN YOU ACT LIKE THIS WHEN PEOPLE ARE DYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYING
>>
>>344229257
>gets mind wiped every hour and a half
Probably not helpful when accessing space time.
>>
>>344226462
>>344226801
>>344227713

It has been hinted a few times that Akane used an extremely advanced form of "SHIFTing" in 999 to send her body to timelines where it couldn't exist because she died in the furnace.

it's not really SHIFTing though and neither is what you do for most of VLR. Jumping (where you send some vague memories to a version yourself in a different timeline, which is added to that version's existing memories) is distinct from SHIFTING (where your consciousness trades places with yourself in a different timeline but no memories are shared).

There are enough different esper abilities now that no one should have been surprised by MIND HACK.
>>
>>344229257
She also recreates 999, and gets a live stream as a child.
>>
>>344228580
I'd say because he actually transported after 10 months of waiting, so they must have just left him.
>>
>>344229602
I just wish they didn't fucking call it mind hack.
>>
>>344229493
>But he had just as much of a reason to be there as others did.
Not in an experiment to simulate the living environment on a mission to mars.
>>
File: 1467558771696.jpg (177 KB, 1080x1216) Image search: [Google]
1467558771696.jpg
177 KB, 1080x1216
>>
Is Eric the most divisive character in the entire series? The community seems to have a general positive/negative consensus on most characters, but I've seen both very negative and very positive opinions on Eric as a character.
>>
File: 1466721979319.png (79 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1466721979319.png
79 KB, 250x188
>>344229073
To be fair, she said all of that stuff when she was alone with Junpei (the freezer being an exception). Maybe Carlos being there made it weird for her to go along with it
Even if i'm still waiting for threeway art/fics with them
>>
Who murdered more people Zero with Radical-6 or C-team ejecting dice roll winners into failed roll histories?
>>
>>344229602
>There are enough different esper abilities now that no one should have been surprised by MIND HACK
Hell, they didn't call it mind hack, but they mentioned that power in VLR.
>>
File: 1449624054118.png (264 KB, 601x430) Image search: [Google]
1449624054118.png
264 KB, 601x430
This guy will mind hack you in the next 10 seconds, what do you think off?

manual breathing and blinking
>>
>>344229680
He didn't wait 10 months to transport, he transported 10 months into the past and then waited. Completely different chain of events.
>>
>>344229737
The whole point was to simulate if things go wrong. They may have to deal with a disabled person if things go bad, and he was there to represent that. They mention this shit nigga. It ain't that wack. Hell, he had more of a reason than ice cream fuckboi
>>
This series only makes sense if there aren't actually infinite timelines, just many. Otherwise Akane wouldn't be able to die from failing to create the 999 timeline, and they wouldn't have to try so hard to create the True End timeline of ZTD, they could just shift there since it already exists.

But instead timelines seem to be limited by conceivable human action. It's why it was necessary to create so many choices in VLR and ZTD, otherwise there wouldn't have been as many timelines. If there were literal infinite timelines, then there would have been plenty of timelines where things just went haywire for no reason, but instead everything had to be carefully planned to create as many SHIFT opportunities as possible.
>>
>>344229357
That's a very nice question, and I wish they had thought of that before jumping to the past with absolutely no plan at all

Here's a list:

>Use the transporter to send a letter to past Akane explaining everything they remember about the game
>Since Akane went to the FtS meeting, also tell her who Brother is
>Have Kyle jump into an unsuspeting member of FtS and have him murder Brotherr
>Tell Sigma to absolutely in no way put himself in a position where he could simultaneously lose two arms and one eye. That includes rushing into rooms filled with Acid to defuse bombs with huge power of destruction
>Since Crash Keys hacked the subject documents to put Akane, Sigma and Phi in there, run a background check on every single participant.
>FIND OUT WHO BROTHER IS AHEAD OF TIME AND KILL BROTHER
>Literally not have Akane follow the VLR bootstrap which just leads to endless repetition and failure
>DON'T ERASE JUNPEI'S MIND. FUCKING USE HIM IN YOUR PLANS. HE WAS IN THERE.

>Or, if everything else fails, instead of sending Alice and Clover back using the transporter, send a couple of super powerful death robot terminators built by Sigma and have them arrive a the time the game is taking place and bust everyone else, before going back in to murder Zero.
>>
File: DianaVeryShocked.jpg (220 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DianaVeryShocked.jpg
220 KB, 1920x1080
>>344230016
>mfw Ghandi mind hacked the entire British force out of India during their revolution

I can buy it.
>>
>>344229546
This is honestly what I dislike the most about ZTD. Even Phi felt off, who was my favorite character in VLR, June/Akane being my favorite in 999 because of what you mentioned.
>>
>>344229950
When did they mention it in VLR? I know they mentioned using the morphogenetic field to control people in 999.
>>
>>344230152
oh jesus, when does she pull THAT face
>>
>>344230235
I'm almost sure they mention it when they talk about Brother.
>>
>>344230286
When she saw Sigma doesn't really pack an 18 inch.
>>
>>344230235
Nope. That was in VLR. They mention Brother may be able to control people through the field.
>>
>>344230140
But everything worked out fine.
>>
>>344229546
The point is that while she is a cold mastermind, she was never heartless, at least towards Junpei.
Her whole attitude towards him seemed to be
>He turned into an asshole edgelord because of me, and I'm taking responsability, as long as I can save the world.
>>
>>344229942
Radical-6 was released in every version where C-Team was Executed (since Mira injects either herself or Phi with it).

Compare that to 8 BILLION x 255.

Yup, dice roll wins in casualty count.
>>
999 should have just been a contained story with standard time travel sheanigans
>>
>>344230286
Chopped up Junpei I believe after opening door of truth?
>>
>>344230350
When explaining the first Nonary Game, they say that one of the goals is to attempt to control people with the field.
>>
>>344230405
Too bad it was all because Carlos won a random coin toss, and Akane, Phi and Sigma were all useless.
>>
>>344230067
>The whole point was to simulate if things go wrong.
No the whole point was to simulate how a group of people react to a closed environment for an extended period of time.
>>
>>344230447
>255
I meant 215, whoops.
>>
>>344230085
That was what got me about VLR was that it seems sort of pointless because there will always be an infinite number of timelines where the world ends and an infinite number of them where the world is saved and none are inherently better or worse than the others so even if you save one timeline there are millions where identical Junpeis and Phis and Sigmas all fail and die horrible deaths

All ZTD did was make me nostalgic for VLR honestly, I fucking loved that game and I'm not gonna pretend it didn't have more than its fair share of bullshit but some of the plot twists like the Moon and K's armor were genuinely jaw dropping and called back to 999 in really unexpected ways and the fact that they turned the Prisoner's Dilemma into a twisted torture game is unreal to me

All I wanted out of a sequel is VLR's level of insanity, plus something approaching 999's level of impending dread and fear (you'd think with everyone being there to stop the FUCKING APOCALYPSE they could have gotten that down a little better) and at least some semblance of a clear ending. I wanted them to come up with some reasoning that would make it feel like it wasn't just a giant waste of time because lol infinite timelines and I didn't get that.

I guess it was better than I expected though. It didn't blow my mind like VLR did but it didn't get to its depths of clusterfuckery either.
>>
>>344230085

It's the exact same time travel mechanics as Homestuck.

Hell, they even do the exact same "flip a coin to artificially split the timeline so a time traveller can return to the other timeline in the future by sacrificing the version of them in that timeline" scheme.
>>
>>344230557
Carlos winning the coin toss was inevitable due to TIMELINES, but if things didn't go down as they did it still would have been a bad end timeline where either the terrorists win or Delta says fuck it and releases Radical-6. It was only because of the fact that everyone went through all of the shit in the other timelines and came out still ready to fight that he felt comfortable leaving the future in their hands.
>>
So umm, why did Akane run away at the end of 999? VLR made me believe that it's because she knew what future awaited her, and went off to prepare everything for the AB project, but in this game, it's obvious that whichever visions she has of the future are all garbled and incomplete, and she seems very open to and in love with Junpei to the point of accepting a near proposal inside the shelter, which begs the question, why run away at the end of 999?
>>
>>344230286
pod room, finding Junpei's chopped body
>>
>>344230978
because she and her brother fucking kidnapped people and were indirectly responsible for the deaths of 9th man and Guy X
>>
>>344230978
She went to fight for justice along with Santa.
>>
>>344230749
>>344230067
Well fuck nevermind. Found the scene you're talking about.
>>
File: MIND HACK.jpg (76 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
MIND HACK.jpg
76 KB, 480x360
>>
>>344230978
>man i just put these people through repeated life and death scenarios, and murdered several people
>seems like a great idea to just stick around them because nothing bad could ever happen
>>
>>344230963
Yeah, it is the exact same. The only difference being that Zero Escape has no "Alpha" timeline. Thinking about Zero Escape in the framework of Homestuck's time travel mechanics makes it make more sense: there aren't infinite timelines where anything could happen, just many many timelines where the conceivable choices people could make went down. For example, there is probably no timeline where Luna picked Betray, because she never would, but it's okay to have Alice choose different things in different timelines since she's conflicted.
>>
>>344230978
She was Zero.
>>
>>344231117
Right, but sha ran from especifically from Junpei for nearly a year. Did she never had any ideia that he was looking for her?

Also, I just realized how much of a hypocrite she is by admonishing him for making a case toward sacrifing the other so they can escape, even though she outright murdered two guys in the previous game.
>>
File: Kill everybody, even yourself.jpg (28 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Kill everybody, even yourself.jpg
28 KB, 600x338
CARLOS YOU ASSHOLE
YOU GOT IT WRONG
>>
>>344230978
The whole junpei and akane romance was fucking weird to me.
Why would an old Akane's consciousness act that way? Was she just acting for some reason? She clearly didn't want Junpei's aid in the event that the infiltration failed.
>>
>>344230749
The whole point of Delta was to simulate how they would react in a closed environment if they had to deal with disabilities. They stated it, and that didn't change in the time between my last reply. He was like a sub-experiment in the bigger mars one
>>
>>344231368

The one super special timeline where (presumably) humanity doesn't die is Homestuck's "alpha timeline" for all intents and purposes.
>>
>>344231394
While I agree that she's a hypocrite, she murdered bad guys and Junpei wanted to sacrifice innocent people.
>>
>999
Ace is the villain
>VLR
Dio is the villain
>ZTD
who?

fuck delta i wanted more than a phi moonkick
>>
>>344231301
This, Uchi said that she didn't feel like she could face them.

Which I don't know is quite true, they honestly didn't seem all that pissed at her.
>>344231394
>Right, but sha ran from especifically from Junpei for nearly a year.
She didn't want Junpei involved, just like when she runs away from him in the VLR timeline. Probably to protect him, since she seems pretty protective of him based on her murdering in ZTD.
>>
>This is my power
>Gets shot and bleeds to death
Pottery
>>
>>344231643
There are no villains, because there's no evidence that anything happened at all.
>>
>>344231817
Delta is the key to all this
>>
File: harambe is zero.png (269 KB, 696x393) Image search: [Google]
harambe is zero.png
269 KB, 696x393
oc do not steel

colors came out worse than I expected and the crop on Eric's shotgun is straight horrible but it worked I guess
>>
File: deltaded.jpg (87 KB, 694x455) Image search: [Google]
deltaded.jpg
87 KB, 694x455
>>344231817
>We purposely trained him wrong, as a joke
>>
File: 1467498401294.jpg (356 KB, 749x1301) Image search: [Google]
1467498401294.jpg
356 KB, 749x1301
>>344231817
>>
>>344231643
Mira sort of filled that role, but Delta was honestly enough of an asshole to fill the villain role.

Regardless of ZTD Zero's good intentions, he's way more sadistic than his predecessors.
>>
>>344231643
>Mira the literal serial killer
>kills people not only before the game, but also during
>not a villain in at least some capacity
C'mon.
>>344231663
>they honestly didn't seem all that pissed at her.
It's less about them being accepting of her crazy scheme, and more her not feeling like she could face them.
>>
how would you have done the Delta is zero reveal to make it better?
>>
>>344231663

I don't think you understand.

She's guilty of kidnapping and murder. There's a detective on the scene who saw everything. You think Seven (and the police) would just be like "ok, I guess only the bad guys died, you're alright in our book"?
>>
>>344232198
I don't know how Seven feels about her, especially since it's possible that he was somewhat in on it, but considering Alice showing up and the others taken into questioning, yeah she had the right idea to run.
>>
>>344232095
She's a girl. wtf, leave her alone man
>>
>>344230438
>she was never heartless, at least towards Junpei
What is the VLR route
>>
So can we get the guys who did Hotel Dusk and are making Chase to do a Noir style VN featuring Junpei and Seven?
>>
>>344232173
>>344227764
>>
>>344232173
wheel chair racing minigame
>>
>>344232484
She thinks she's doing the right thing by not dragging him into her plans.
>>
realistically, how many men do you believe have used Diana's dickhole?
>>
>>344232173
He's too manufactured as a whole, Delta. "Q" being just totally ignored by the Q team was utterly retarded, the "Sean was never referred to as Q and Q was there and look some shadows :^)" stuff was more of a "wait, what?" than the "OHHHH" reaction the reveals of the other games have gotten out of me.

He had to have more of an active role in the thing or be tied to something pre-established. There was no fucking reason to completely drop Left and completely change the entirety of Brother and Free the Soul. Yes, it was stated in VLR that the intel may not even be true, but that's just a copout compared to what could have happened.
>>
>>344232484
I was really sad to see her simply saying hey junpei what's up in VLR.
This man searched his whole life for her.
>>
>>344232173
I would've had his wheelchair visible in the background of scenes, and made it slightly more obvious that there was something wrong with Q team
OR
I'd have not had him in the team, but had him watching with cameras from another location and have the reveal /be Q pointing out cameras that are all implanted as contact lenses in their eyes that he is using to keep track. Or some shit like that.
>>
>>344231663
>Probably to protect him, since she seems pretty protective of him based on her murdering in ZTD.
And then invite him to her death game? Can you be more of a waifufag?
>>
>>344230749
The vaults were never suppose to protect us.
>>
>>344232683

Just one, her prior husband

if she's a nurse in a heavy metropolitan area hospital, especially in fucking Vegas, that's so fucking busy she probably had time for just her husband and that was it
>>
It makes no fucking sense Akane using the bracelet drug thing on Junpei

That was only going to erase the last 90 minutes. She just left him there and conveniently Junpei forgot all about Dcom and ever meeting up with her after 999
>>
>>344232683
At least 2.
>>
>>344232871
>suppose
I've seen this too many times today.

It's "supposed". Not "suppose to", "supposed to". Getting this wrong makes it so clear you don't read at all and have only heard the phrase out loud, like "duck tape".
>>
>>344232173

The reveal was good, the problem is he didn't get enough screentime afterwards to really feel like he belonged in the story. I don't know how they could have extended it without just turning it into more redundant one-sided monologuing though.

The best way would probably be to introduce another "villain" who one-ups him and forces him to work with the heroes for a final puzzle room or something, where he could be humanized a little and interact with the characters more. That villain could be the quantum computer for example, determined to ensure they don't get out alive because it can't see a good future for humanity if they do. Or it could be some JUST ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU person like Akane or Carlos (revealed as Left?) or basically anyone.
>>
File: 1436075431433.jpg (80 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
1436075431433.jpg
80 KB, 500x493
>>344232683
Probably a lot. I can imagine her fucking lots of men after she left her husband, only to feel bad about it when he crawled back to her. Then she'd fuck him too and he'd beat her again, leading to her fucking even more strangers.

Here's the real question, though: How many college girls did Sigma fuck before VLR happened?
>>
File: 999 plot.jpg (181 KB, 640x683) Image search: [Google]
999 plot.jpg
181 KB, 640x683
classic meme
>>
>>344232173
It would've been cool to not have him hidden at all, and just be a surprise for the players. But then it would've been obvious he was Zero. Still, it could've been an interesting route to go to have the cards on the table in one team, and the players knowing more, that the other teams have to piece together.
>>
>>344226196
Good twist, poorly implemented.
>>
>>344232173
>>344232703
Not sure how to fix it, but I think one of the main problems with the twist is that in the other two games, the protagonist is just as confused as the player, so someone like Akane comes in and explains it to both. In ZTD, all the characters are like "Yeah, that's Q", so it's really hard for a player to understand what the fuck is going on. I was still confused even several scenes later, and the game never really takes its time to fully explain what the fuck he was doing the entire time.
>>
>>344232667
Now read >>344232847
She gives 0 fucks about the Junpeis trapped in the 'bad' timelines.
>>
>>344232703
>was more of a "wait, what?" than the "OHHHH" reaction the reveals of the other games have gotten out of me
This was kind of my thing.

It felt like they went out of their way to avoid mentioning that Delta was there or the Q vs Delta vs Sean thing and then they just dropped a couple hints back in so people might have some idea about what was going on. It made sense, and it was a crazy twist, but it was sort of confusing mostly because it took a minute to realize "wait holy shit how did that work". Whereas with Sigma's VLR reveal you realize that the WHOLE FUCKING GAME is built around never seeing his face or hearing his voice and the assumption that he's still the same Sigma we see in the prologue, and you NEVER NOTICE because it's perfectly normal in many games to have the protagonist not be voice acted or to have a VN entirely from first person perspective. Which is why it blew me away and was pretty fuckin smart overall (even if he did admit to just recycling the Ever17 twist).

I think the ZTD twist suffered the same way 999's did where with the two different names and Sean never technically being in the game they had to do too much explaining before the full impact really sinks in. Whereas in VLR Sigma just has to look in the pond and bam, there it fucking is.
>>
>>344233308
It's also weird as F U C K that absolutely fucking nobody instantly pinpoints the culprit being the ridiculously suspicious wheelchair-bound "double-disabled" motherfucker who's been sitting there with purple eyes and a smug grin for the last two weeks while they wipe his ass even though he doesn't gain anything out of being there, or even being alive.
>>
>>344231260
I play Birdman in defense mode!
>>
File: 1467847545948.jpg (316 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467847545948.jpg
316 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>344231260
IT'S TIME TO
D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DECIDE
>>
>>344233594
Check my Human Moon Moon, fucker
>>
>>344233708

YOUR CHOICE
YOUR CHOICE
YOUR CHOICE
>>
File: Yugioh003.png (2 MB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Yugioh003.png
2 MB, 1200x900
>>344233738

SAY GOODBYE TO HUMAN MOON MOON
>>
>>344233557
If I was any good at drawing I would turn that into a comic or some shit because it really is hilarious

Like Eric points the gun at Sean and says "how ridiculous is that?? HOW COULD HE BE EVIL" and then the camera immediately pans over to this new character and he is absolutely the shadiest, most evil looking character to ever exist with his permanent scowl and all-black outfit and fucking black and purple eyes.
>>
>>344233049
Typo, bruh. Nothing to get your jimmies rustled over.
>>
File: 1467507193425.png (505 KB, 500x678) Image search: [Google]
1467507193425.png
505 KB, 500x678
kind of slow but just realized that...
the reason why Delta killed Gab, mindhacked Eric to kill him and set the force quit box to self-destroy D-com was because even if in that timeline everyone was alive, they also had evidence that he was a madman with all the death traps in the facility, including Radical-6, that's why he forces everyone to shift to the safe timeline where everything is gone and everyone still alive

Absolute complex madman
>>
File: 515I+OTNB9L.jpg (43 KB, 300x436) Image search: [Google]
515I+OTNB9L.jpg
43 KB, 300x436
>>344233884
I SUMMON CARLOS AND ACTIVATE IT'S SPECIAL SHIFT ABILITY
>>
>>344233557
Yeah, harassing a double-disabled wheelchair-bound old man is exactly what the characters would do. Plus, he's locked to Q-team after that, and Sean looks 10 times more suspicious from Eric's PoV.
>>344233901
Creepy little boys with a robo-dome on their head can be pretty freaky too, especially if they're not part of the game at all. Q is supposed to be there, but Sean is anomaly.
>>
>>344234312
Except he's CLEARLY pretending. They could tell that just from the fact his muscles aren't completely atrophied all over.
>>
>>344234415
Why the fuck would you expect a nurse, a serial killer with a fascination for human anatomy, some literal geniuses and walking encyclopedias to be familiar with such trivial shit? Honestly.
>>
>>344234312
Yeah but Sean is a frightened amnesiac child and Eric spends the whole game berating and yelling at him and trying to get him to admit to being Zero

Whereas you have a deaf and blind wheelchair-bound old man dressed like the villain of a PS2 shooter put in charge of a team and Eric doesn't even acknowledge that he could be suspicious even when Sean flat out tells everyone he's Zero

Also it mostly had to do with the absurdity of Eric asking what makes Sean think he's evil and then the first glimpse we see of him is of the most stereotypically evil character imaginable
>>
>>344234586
>some literal geniuses
What? Where?
>>
>>344234695
Eric
>>
>>344234312
>if they're not part of the game at all
He's wearing the watch. Why would he have one, when he's not part of the game? You would think that he's there to redirect every suspicion onto him.
>>
>>344234863
He's a genius at bullying.
>>
File: uchi_999.jpg (192 KB, 1000x805) Image search: [Google]
uchi_999.jpg
192 KB, 1000x805
>>344225918
> You will never eat ice cream with Uchi
>>
>Implying Mira going back and stopping her young self matters
>Implying she doesn't deserve execution
>>
>>344235030
>implying any of ZTD matters
>>
>>344235030
I mean it would kind of suck to execute someone now that they've downloaded the empathy patch from the morphogenetic field
>>
>>344235105
It really doesn't. Owlman was right.
>>
>>344235241
Not if she's your mother's killer
>>
File: TimeWizard.png (295 KB, 310x448) Image search: [Google]
TimeWizard.png
295 KB, 310x448
>>344234297
new meme
>>
Mira will do any kind of sexual fantasy you want as long as she remains unharmed.
However, the minute you go to sleep, she will kill you.
What will you decide?
>>
>>344235334
>>344235241
What if we make an ayy copy of her and execute the original? The copy dindu nuffin.
>>
>>344235334
She might as well not even be the same person, though.
>>
>>344235470
Bondage
>>
>>344235030
was the transporter already in the hands of FtS back then? if so I assume they go back, get captured and Delta reads their mind and that's why he knows all the stuff he does
>>
>>344235241
If Ace cured himself with the first Nonary game experiment, would he deserve to be forgiven?
>>
>>344235470
Can I fuck June instead
>>
>>344234415
Yes, any of the other teams, or even a group of regular people, could probably tell. But Q was complex enough to stick himself on the team with a robot who is likely programmed to not notice, someone who doesn't give a single shit, and Eric the most paranoid mentally unstable emotional wreck on the block. And, even once Sigma, Diana, and Carlos show up, they're too busy piecing other shit together to notice. Also mind hacks.
>>344234685
Eric has many screws loose, especially because of his little brother who he seems to project onto Sean.
Plus, he sees this double-disabled dude be double-disabled for weeks, and comes to terms with it being part of the experiment. On the flip side, you got a giant-head freak showing up out of nowhere when you're in a death game. He's just used to be Q being there, but not Sean.
>>344234883
That is a good point, but then it could ruin it for the player? Maybe he should've had the stuff built into his helmet, so he's still seemingly part of the game without being a 10th player. Though that then ruins the anagram.
>>
>>344235503
Shut up, Delta. That's not how it works
>>
>>344235667
I don't know. Ironically, if Ace cured himself with the experiment he probably would have felt like a massive piece of shit afterwards anyway.
>>
>You are now aware that in every single timeline, the second Carlos bursts into the Test Site and saves whoever is there, possibly even himself

Unless he dies in those 10 months
>>
>>344235684
Yes, but she will murder you right before you cum
>>
Best ZTD meme?
>>
>>344235684
Very well.

However, you must listen to her 4 hour lecture about the nature of mankind. If you fall asleep, she will wake you up and start over.
What will you decide?
>>
File: 1467511284792.png (203 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1467511284792.png
203 KB, 800x800
>>344235938
complex
>>
So why does Delta have creepy black and purple eyes?

Is it because he's complex?
>>
>>344235873
He arrived late enough in the VLR timeline that him arriving would be after the ending of most timelines, wouldn't it?

Though we know he wasn't able to save Diana and Sigma, maybe because Q had to make sure they would fuck.
>>
>>344236035
I fucking love how the thumbnail makes it look like the text is a gun to his head
>>
>>344235768
That's exactly how it works. The copy just has the same memories but never actually killed anyone.
>>
>>344235791
I don"t know, he seems the type who would think he did good.
>>
Why did they make Junpei closer to his VLR self if this happens 1 years after 999, and 44 years before VLR?
>>
>>344236152
He saw organs traded like cookies!
>>
>>344235334
Does Eric ever find out she killed his mom? I don't think he does.
>>
>>344236152
He became an ace detective and seen some shit, man. How he did this in a year is too complex for me to understand.
>>
>>344236274
You either believe in him forgiving Mira after finding out or that he never knows

Can you belive in Eric, anon?
>>
>>344235873
I'm feel that is the most likely explanation, that the transported Carlos is killed in every non-VLR timeline. It's not too improbable that Free the Soul follows Carlos and kills him based on Delta's orders. After all, Delta possesses the transporter, so Carlos would be in his grasp immediately after transporting.

>>344236069
No, he explicitly mentions transporting 10 months before the game started, so that the transporter would have enough time to recharge so Junpei and Akane could arrive.
>>
>>344236006
>get to talk about all sorts of interesting and COMPLEX topics with Akane
>and then fuck her
Slamming that button.
>>
>>344236397
Who wouldn't believe a shotgunmancer?
>>
>>344236103
I'd have an easier time forgiving amnesiac Mira than Mira 1.0 still a murderous bitch with memories and everything edition.
She would have to be a clone of mira from a timeline where she truly dindu nothing, tap into the meme field, and then ask forgiveness for killer Mira's sins.
>>
>>344236475
>Get to talk
No anon, you get to LISTEN
>>
>>
>>344236513

>Eric has a connection with the morphogenetic field thanks to resonance
>uses it to find shotguns
>>
>>344235350
>>344234297
>>344233884
>>344233738
>>344233594
>>344231260
We will do battle with ancient alien laser beams!
>>
>>344236135
He kinda helped save the world.
>>
>>344236397
Eric is insane enough to forgive her.
>>
so the chick in the white robe that kills D-team when they're trying to leave is Mira right? But why are her boobs so small?
>>
>>344236439
I mean arrived at the bunker late enough.

They couldn't kill him right when he transports in, because that is before the branches in ZTD happen. He'd have to be killed when attempting to save Junpei and Akane.

This is assuming that he's like Phi and Delta and went back far enough to be a constant, instead of being like Akane was in VLR, where her death was retroactively the first branching point.
>>
>>344236439
>Free the Soul follows Carlos and kills him based on Delta's orders.
That would have to happen while the game's already in progress though.
>>
>>344236767
I noticed it was her by looking at her fingernails
>>
>Eric forgives and marries that woman that murdered his mother in cold blood and ripped her heart out.

HAHA HE'S A LUNATIC MAGGLE I LOVE IT
>>
File: Man what.jpg (27 KB, 127x119) Image search: [Google]
Man what.jpg
27 KB, 127x119
I just finished the game, and honestly i'm dumbfounded
Literally all they had to do was tie up like 5 plot points and make a satisfying ending and the series would have been pretty fucking great
Instead they introduce a bunch of dumb bullshit, retroactively fuck with existing characters, and create the most unsatisfying ending to anything I've seen in the past 2.75 months.
I'm glad I cancelled my preorder when it was delayed, and I regret introducing my friends to this series
Fuck, man
>>
>>344236554
And now we would have some actually interesting moral dilemmas for the characters to talk about in-game.
>>
Is there a screen capture of Phi from the incenerstor saying "there's only trash here..." yet?
>>
>>344237060
>status: mind hacked
>>
>>344237060
Would you call what you experienced "simply unfair"?
>>
>>344237060
>the most unsatisfying ending to anything I've seen in the past 2.75 months.
What was before that? Homestuck?
>>
File: 1443478148580.jpg (20 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
1443478148580.jpg
20 KB, 240x228
>>344237152
>incenerstor
>>
File: would_you.jpg (382 KB, 1274x770) Image search: [Google]
would_you.jpg
382 KB, 1274x770
>>
File: 1466279417660.jpg (8 KB, 269x211) Image search: [Google]
1466279417660.jpg
8 KB, 269x211
i'm playing on PC and some cutscenes have a fuckton of fps drops and freeze until i open the menu and after that it continues to freeze and having fps drops
some way to fix it?
>>
>>344237060
Come on, anon. It was pretty good until aliens.
>>
File: 1458190789485.png (70 KB, 633x535) Image search: [Google]
1458190789485.png
70 KB, 633x535
>>344236679
>>344236935
>work in a deadend job
>have no future or hope
>suddenly be whisked away by a manic pixie dream girl who you believe genuinely loves you
>she seeks redemption

a lot of anons would do the same thing
>>
>>344237310
I hope that alternate Phi and Sigma found the button so they didn't have to starve to death
>>
>>344237310
>>
>>344237060
How can you people be this mad about the ZTD ending after VLR's stupid clusterfuck lmao

Did you guys just get into the franchise in like April? When VLR ended Zero Time Dilemma was all but cancelled for like three years so that shitty cliffhanger was just where the franchise was going to end
>>
>>344237310

PUSH IIIT!
>>
>>344237364
I get why people don't like aliens but is that really a total dealbreaker?
>>
File: ztdhelp.png (521 KB, 1516x826) Image search: [Google]
ztdhelp.png
521 KB, 1516x826
HELP ME
>>
>>344237469
The difference was that the cliffhanger at least made sense in everything leading up to it

ZTD is just off the rails retarded
>>
File: 1467859221546.png (1016 KB, 1023x838) Image search: [Google]
1467859221546.png
1016 KB, 1023x838
>>
>>344237310
I really liked they gave you 60 seconds for this button in particular and none of the others. Gave you a lot to second guess yourself.
>>
>>344237385
I wouldn't forgive someone who literally killed me multiple times.
>>
>>344237467
I'd like to imagine that he uses mindhack to stop you from pressing the button, because he actually knows what it does and he can't SHIFT.
>>
>>344237441
Would the threat of starvation be enough of an imminent danger to enable jumping?
>>
>>344232937
He forgets about Akane's plan aka VLR, if Junpei remember that, wouldn't you think he'd be searching for her, turning every stone possible his whole life?
>>
>>344237530
Verify Game Cache?
>>
>>344237310
>PUSH THE FUCKING BUTTON DIANA GODDAMN JUST DO IT ALREADY FFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKK

Why was Sigma so riled up here?
>>
>>344237528
It"s the point where everything starts falling apart.
>>
File: 1467912094169.jpg (485 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1467912094169.jpg
485 KB, 1600x900
>>
>>344237619
Okay but there would still be a version of them starved to death
Also two babies and Gab
>>
>>344237654
Already done it. And I've reinstalled.
>>
What did Delta do with Diana in Q end 2 after killing everyone but her?
>>
>>344237659
in VLR you push a giant button to stop a bomb
>>
>>344237558
Meh, he mind hacks the other teams to push the yellow button, which kills him too. I don't think he cares.
>>
File: Psychomplex Snacktivations.png (730 KB, 887x598) Image search: [Google]
Psychomplex Snacktivations.png
730 KB, 887x598
>>
>>344237707
You are shit at maintaining a proper install of windows.
Uninstall every copy of java you might have installed and just use ninite.com to install it from there. Its retard proof
>>
>>344237747
mind haxxx
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.