[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zero Time Dilemma Thread old thread >>343256595 Transporter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: ZTD.jpg (43 KB, 404x568) Image search: [Google]
ZTD.jpg
43 KB, 404x568
Zero Time Dilemma Thread
old thread
>>343256595

Transporter math is easy guys
>>
File: carlos.jpg (56 KB, 910x743) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
56 KB, 910x743
>>
>>343269081
>Sigma and Akane magically broke into the shelter again to steal the transporter and send it to the moon so Clover and Alice could return back to 2029

Epic headcanons, bros.
How else are you going to defend Hackoshi?
>>
File: Slutty_Moon.jpg (19 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Slutty_Moon.jpg
19 KB, 400x240
>>
>>343269197
CARLOS
>>
>people are actually defending this shitfest of an ending
>>
Does anybody else appreciate the meta-texual reading of the ending where Zero/Delta/Brother is a surrogate for Uchikoshi, and his plan is representative of the game Zero Time Dilemma. Firstly, there is the way in which their games are created. Each gives the illusion of choice and appears to revolve around decisions and dilemma’s, but in reality they are both a fixed path. Zero and Uchikoshi both have one end goal in mind which the audience, and the characters, must reach if they want to end the game, no matter how they may feel about it.
But the analogy goes deeper than that. Delta’s mind-hacking ability is representative of the ability Uchikoshi has over the player. He cannot play the game for us directly, but it is through his creation and influence that we are forced to choose every choice and explore every avenue. Likewise, he understands the potential backlash against the game and codes responses to the arguments into the game. When Zero is discussing his complex motivations he is addressing the audience’s complaints about unresolved plot threads or nit-picks and inconsistencies they believe they have found. He rejects the idea that the game should centre around the characters (or players). He created the decision game, and only he determines what it’s purpose is, and what it entails.
>>
Reposting from the deleted thread:

For those who don't like the ending, what would you have changed? I'm not trying to defend it at all, I'm just wondering what specifically you would've had happen instead (beyond "hurr durr make it better").
>>
File: PrtScr capture_7.png (746 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
PrtScr capture_7.png
746 KB, 1280x720
>>343269235
Now in HD
>>
>>343268901
>reasonable explanation
Just because you're making your own headcanon doesn't mean that it's what actually happened, and it's a fucking huge stretch at that.
>Just bring the huge alien tech to the moon, guys!
>>
>>343269271
The cleverest aspect however is in the final, unchoosable decision. The game ends with Carlos pointing a gun at Zero and debating whether to fire before the credits role. While some may interpret the abrupt end and lack of actual decision as evidence Zero was killed, in reality it goes far deeper. It loops back to the idea that the game is Uchikoshi’s creation, and that his vision is the one that we are left with, despite any other possible versions we may have wished to see. The decision is an illusion, just like the choices in the game itself. The characters are angry with Zero just as the players may be with Uchikoshi, but they are helpless to stop him. His game is complete and they have been complicit participants in playing it. The final decision is not a real one. You, the player, cannot choose to reject Brother’s vision, just as you cannot choose to ignore Uchikoshi’s one. You have already lived it and experienced it. The only way to reject it would be to not play at all, but that is no longer an option. You’ve already experienced it. And no matter what the player, like Carlos and the rest of the team, is only left with one choice: To accept it.

This isn’t the decision game
This is Uchikoshi’s genius, and you can’t deny it, no matter how much you may want to.
>>
>>343269334
>accept the shit ending

Th-thanks Uchikoshi.
>>
Ignoring VLR's useless epilogue makes ZTD literally perfect, so I'd rather do that that being retarded enough to call ZTD bad.

>>343268937
To be honest there was no way that "Shrodinger's cat" was any way of fixing their problem of being stranded in the future.

The transporter is a decent solution because it gives their copies (which effectively have the same memories as them) another chance at life.

They're not even important to the plot anyway, people should stop making a big deal out of this shit.

Yesterday there was an anon sperging about the lion motifs not being explained, at this point I wonder what was that people were really expecting from this game aside from solving the main plot (which it did).
>>
>>343269317
>>343269202
>reasonable explanation that proves its not a plothole
>but its still a plot hole
>>
>>343269274
Kyle. Epilogue files into actual cutscenes. Sigma Diana and Phi epilogue
>>
>>343269415
>>reasonable explanation
:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)
>>
>>343269283
Post the "Hurry up" part.
>>
>>343269317
The "huge" alien tech was already moved from Germany to America.

Moving to the moon in the future is not a huge stretch at all, not that it solves the issue with Clover/Alice, but I don't see why couldn't they have the transporter on the moon base.
>>
>>343269274
Another final puzzle room. I was bummed getting that trophy when I still had a lot of fragments to complete and was hoping for a Q type room. The ending wasn't bad it was just there; the credits rolled and I expected another fragment to appear but that was it.
>>
>>343268998
Of course it follows the same rules.
The problem I have is that the transporter is a physical object built out of non-man-made materials, that existed since 1888. Without proper explanation.
ESPers are explained through the morphogenetic field which is just some "force" that exists in this world. That's much easier to accept as it was established in the first game.
>>
>>343269415
>reasonable explanation
>just move the alien tech Delta FUCKING REMOVED FROM THE PLACE IT WAS AT to the MOON

Seriously, just fucking stop.
>>
File: 1466997876572.jpg (241 KB, 1010x778) Image search: [Google]
1466997876572.jpg
241 KB, 1010x778
out of nowhere
>hey here is delta
fuck this game
>>
>>343269501
Interestingly enough it would solve Kyle's lack of body in the past.
>>
>>343269519
Yeah, what a fucking anticlimatic ending.

My last escape room was the nuclear reactor room and then it was just... over.

Seriously, this game really fucking disappointed me. It was going so great and intriguing, but it just really dropped the fucking ball so hard on the ending.

Like Layton vs. Wright did.
>>
>>343269494
>>343269529
>game with multiple moon bases , going up to at least 9, all connected with tunnels
>and yet they can't move the transporter

Complex :^)
>>
>>343269274
One word: Closure
>>
So, why did Akane lie to Sigma at the end of VLR about not knowing anything about the test site? I sort of understood her wiping Junpei's memory, but fucking over Sigma seems unnecessary. I was waiting for him and Phi to call her ou on it all game.
>>
>>343269334
Nice try. Unless ZTD is Uchi's last game, there're plenty more opportunities to "reject" his "vision".
>>
File: 1465779124291.jpg (71 KB, 545x545) Image search: [Google]
1465779124291.jpg
71 KB, 545x545
>>343269553
also MINDHACK
>>
>>343269642
How can they move something they don't fucking know where it is? Delta had the entire fucking base cleared.
>>
>>343269412
>at this point I wonder what was that people were really expecting from this game aside from solving the main plot (which it did).
Well, Uchi may have said something like "I intend to answer every mystery left during VLR and the mysteries in ZE3 would be solved as well. This game will not end in a cliffhanger."
>>
File: 1451070092044.gif (127 KB, 287x199) Image search: [Google]
1451070092044.gif
127 KB, 287x199
>>343269553
So I have to believe that apparently an old bastard was with Q team all this time and we didn't notice? And suddenly Q was Sean and he was actually Q?
>>
>>343269529
His motives are complex:^)
>>
>>343269703
>Kek. that's actually pretty funny
But as long as it's the last in the series, it stands true
>>
>>343269762
That's in the true end
We are talking about how they got the transporter In theVLR timeline.
Also, don't forget that Akane also attended the free the soul meeting in april
>>
>>343269689
Because BOOTSTRAP PARADOX. It's what she saw she did, so she did.
>>
>>343269520
So if the transporter was established in the first game and still didn't have any explanation like the morphogenetic field you would've also accepted it?

These games are full of pseudo science and weird shit, the transporter makes perfect sense in context and they never give any importance to it's alien origin (Aside from the tablets being harder than some needles) so that isn't a big deal that needs to be explained, I mean other mysterious origins have been mentioned through the games and I have accepted them readily.

>>343269415
It's not even a plothole.

Maybe they were saved in some other way and showing it was simply out of the scope of the game, irrelevant to the main plot.

I can understand why people are mad that they didn't show what happened to them (I wanted to know too), but calling it a plothole it's fucking stupid, we know they were saved at the end of VLR by what they told us.
>>
>>343269450
This.

Even a small mention of Kyle would have satisfied me, they could have even told me he was Gab or some shit. I kind of suspect he was. Add on those epilogues as an actual part of the ending and you have a satisfying conclusion to the series.
>>
>>343269765
It didn't end on a clifhanger. Just because ended on an ambiguous note doesn't mean it's a cliffhanger. The story was resolved both thematically and plotwise.
>>
Does it really matter if Carlos shoots Delta or not?
>>
>>343269731
Mind hack was established in VLR, fuck off.

>>343269765
It did solve every mystery aside from Kyle, I don't consider what happened to Clover and Alice a mystery, Akane was just being cryptic, but knowing they were saved was good enough for me.

It did end in a cliffhanger though, I mean even in the epilogue they haven't caught the terrorist, but I'm sure they will.
>>
>>343269994
OK I'll shorten it a bit for you: "I intend to answer every mystery left during VLR and the mysteries in ZE3 would be solved as well."
I know it doesn't end on a cliffhanger.
>>
>Complaining about an open-ended finale
Nintendrones are the most dense shitters on the planet.
>>
>Talk about god watching over the universe, and if he's leaving
>"snail" metaphor/parasites and phantom limb syndrome all actively discussed instead it was MINDHACK
>No Blick Winkel or You

Even if it did happen we'd probably all just be saying Uchi can only rehash one concept
>>
>>343269905
I'm sure he was Gab, I mean, how would've Gab known to stay exactly 2 hours inside that fucking shaft.

I'm fine with the epilogues being files due to the lack of budget, but the lack of an epilogue for D team is disappointing.
>>
VR ending is best ending right?
>>
>>343270083
It solves every mystery aside from Zero Kyle Dilemma.

Is Kyle a big deal enough for you to call the ending complete shit or the game bad?
>>
File: texture detail.gif (928 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
texture detail.gif
928 KB, 480x360
I would have preferred if D-end 1 was the true end.

Holy shit what an awful ending.
>>
>>343270072
>It did solve every mystery
Things like where the transporter came from? What happened to Carlos 2 every ending where he doesn't rescue Junpei and Akane?
>>
>>343270187
Best ending is True ending as it contains every other ending.
>>
>>343269197
10 MONTHS

M
O
N
T
H
S
>>
>>343270261
>Is Kyle a big deal enough for you to call the ending complete shit or the game bad?
Never did that. Game's great for the first 2/3rds and then falls apart for me. Ending left me disappointed.
>>
>>343270316
I don't think we needed an explanation about where the transporter came from. It's a plot device like the ESP or the morphogenetic field, it simply exists.

I never thought about Carlos 2, you got me there.
>>
>>343270261
>It solves every mystery

>brother is 124 because...
>brother is 169 in VLR because...
>brother wants to save mankind instead of destroying it because...
>brother wanted to stop Akane's plan because...
>Sigma's 67 year old consciousness just... stays to live there in 2029 forever, I guess?
>Diana... lives, I guess?
>Phi... lives, I guess?
>>
File: 1452299925297s.jpg (3 KB, 125x119) Image search: [Google]
1452299925297s.jpg
3 KB, 125x119
>>343270314
did you rik.... oh wait wrong game
>>
>>343270426
I didn't intend to say you specifically said that.

It's just that tons of people are saying those things even though Kyle was the only mystery from VLR not solved in the game (unless they consider the Alice/Clover thing a mystery, even though they were never hinted to be in ZTD like Kyle was).

Too bad you didn't like the end, but well, can't always like everything I guess.
>>
Where can I find the names of the songs in the OST? The rar I got them from only had them numbered from 1-56. Looking specifically for the guitar song and the "Make your decision" song.
>>
>>343269848
Have you read a book, and then decided you didn't like the ending, and wrote to the author asking for a rewrite, and the author actually did it?

So basically, you're telling me Uchi's genius is to create a game about a writer having control over his final product?

Wow.

I am awed by his genius.
>>
>>343270575
wtf i hate uchi now
>>
>>343270575
Sigma was just a victim of circumstance, the world is saved so he did his job.
>>
>>343270841
And he should have returned to VLR timeline in 2074 after his mission was done, back to Luna, Akane and Kyle, and let his younger self return to his life in 2029.
>>
>>343270540
>don't think we needed an explanation about where the transporter came from
Well, I do. It's just there to fix every possible plot hole from this and the previous game. They even could have had a simply info dump about how some scientist received the blueprints through the morphogenetic field somehow. That would work much better in this series' context than fucking aliens.
>>
>>343270575
-Sigma's 67 year old consciousness obviously stays there because it isn't the VLR timeline, so there is no Sigma training and then jumping back into him.
-D team's lack of epilogue is disappointing but not a mystery.
-Brother wanted to stop Akane because Radical-6 was his way of saving the world in VLR's timeline, not even headcanon, he explicitly says Radical-6 was released to kill the terrorist.
-Brother's objectives were always saving mankind, even in VLR he was just supposed to make a new vision of humanity.
-Is his age really a fucking mystery? He's just an old fuck, his presence in the future can be explained with the transporter too.
>>
>>343270893
Life is simply unfair
>>
>>343270961
After all the time travel shenanigans you've seen do you really think it was aliens? Come on.
>>
so what happens to Tenmyouji/Quark at the end of ZTD, since they prevented the virus release
>>
>>343270972
How does Brother know for certain that Terrorist-chan is going to cause 8 million deaths?
>>
>>343270961
I have said this already, but aliens are just a generic explanation for mysterious phenomena, I'm sure they were mentioned in the previous games as possible explanations for some of the paranormal trivia like ALL-ICE. I mean, I don't feel we need any explanation about it's origins, aliens work just fine.

And of course it's there to solve plotholes, it's quite literally a deus ex machina, I like how it does it following the universe's rules though.
>>
>>343271128
>time travel shenanigans
Can't explain the transporter being in Antarctica in 1888 with those.
>>
>>343271186
He can see all possible timelines thanks to being able to read minds through the morphogenetic field.

He literally says this in the game, jeez anon.
>>
>>343271165
Nothing, it's a different timeline. The whole purpose of ZTD is to make a timeline where the virus doesn't escape the facility.
>>
>>343271360
Yep but somehow Akane, PhD of timeline jumping doesn't know this :^)
>>
>>343271248
>I'm sure they were mentioned in the previous games as possible explanations for some of the paranormal trivia like ALL-ICE
Ok, but those things never had any real impact on the overall plot.
>it's quite literally a deus ex machina
Yeah, that's why I would call it an asspull
>I like how it does it following the universe's rules though.
I do too, actually.
>>
>>343271360
>He can see all possible timelines thanks to being able to read minds
What. How does he see other timelines by reading minds (excluding SHIFTers)?
>>
>>343271434
And? Brother is shown to be a lot more knowledgeable than Akane.
>>
File: 1461515437991.jpg (50 KB, 562x702) Image search: [Google]
1461515437991.jpg
50 KB, 562x702
>MIND HACK
>>
>>343271669
By reading shifters minds.

He basically has access to free information through the morphogenetic field, he just can't shift himself.
>>
>>343271674
Now you're telling me that two people with access to the same information don't know the same things.
>>
Can someone help me? I'm putting in the keywords for the team-D force quit box. I know what the words should be, but I don't know the exact vocabulary the game is looking for.
>>
>>343271750
When he reads mind do they have to present to pull information from the field?
>>
Stuck on the chess and card puzzle in Rec Room.

Point me to the right direction.
>>
>>343271871
brooch music box
>>
>>343271871
Brooch and Music box
>>
>>343271968
>>343271971

Thanks, hadn't thought of the second one at all
>>
>>343271952

Use the hammer on the letter C. Also, you need the calendar to do the card puzzle. Each card is a number, each number is a letter. The chess bit is easy if you know how each piece moves on the board.
>>
I think I'm stuck

I'm missing the C team execution and the D team execution, I've done just about everything else I can. I've pushed all the shower buttons, gotten tonnes of dead ends, the only leads I have are the Door of Truth, the Force Quit Boxes, and who to shoot as Q i nthe study, I already picked Eric and Diana, and I can't pick myself.

Try to not spoil me. do I just have to keep repicking a team to kill until it does it properly, like the dice rolling?
>>
>>343271952
Cards represent months which represent letters. the numbers on the board tell you what piece you need to imput on the rod you took out to open the board.
>>
>>343271879
It's unexplained for a reason. If Uchikoshi clearly defined the ability and made it so that Brother does NOT have the ability to read anyone, anywhere, at anytime, you can bet that there would be plotholes the size of Phi's chest.
>>
I wonder if Delta can use his powers to force someone to SHIFT. Just because we've only seen it used to make Eric shoot someone doesn't mean it doesn't have more uses.
>>
>>343272098
Redo the 13:30 vote to get the other executions
>>
>>343272098
You're missing the execution scenes? That's easy to get. Simply go back in the appropriate decision fork and make two teams choose the team that you're missing. So if you're missing C, go to D and Q's decisions and vote for C.
>>
>>343271750
But there were no SHIFTers he could read that could help him set up the Decision Game.
>>
>>343272098
you need to make it so the choice you make on the executions will actually led to a team death. So for the D team execution replay the choices to that both C and Q team have selected D team, and do the same for C team
>>
>>343271509
>Yeah, that's why I would call it an asspull
It's only as much as an asspull as anything supernatural is. Which is really not much at all.

I honestly don't feel it's an asspull, it makes perfect sense and solves most of the paradoxes in a decent way. Heck, brother was hinted to be able to shift his entire body in VLR, this is a much better solution to that than just Brother breaking the rules of how the morphogenetic field works.

Now, aliens were probably not the best origin story simply because of how many people are put off by them, but I think the origin of the transporter is irrelevant to the plot, so anything would've worked just as well.
>>
>>343272098

I just had that issues in the last thread

Get the other executions. You have to go back to the choices as the other teams. The game will "remember" the last choices you made.

Don't input anything as Q. Let the timer run out
>>
I don't understand this puzzle. I assume I should be using the missing pills and the related color as the clue, but there's overlaps with everything I can think of
>>
>>343272363
the pills are numbers anon
>>
So, Mira killed Eric's mom and the man who got the blame was Akane's father? How does that make any sense? Akane and her family is from Japan. Eric and Mira presumptively from the US.
>>
>>343272363
Wait a minute, those pills look like NUMBERS
>>
>>343272363
The pills form a colored number, the color is the same as the figures in the monitor
>>
>>343272363

The pills that remain make a physical, visual representation of a number. For instance, red looks like a '5'
>>
>>343271776
They don't have access to the same information. Akane was never stated to be able to pull information from everyone in the morphogenetic field, unlike Brother.
>>
>>343272421
If akane is japanese how does she know english
>>
>>343272363
I'd hate to say that I spent more time on this than the transporter puzzle. The pills make the numbers 1-5 and you use the colors to place them
>>
>>343272413
>>343272432
>>343272440
>>343272443
i don't look at digital clocks enough, thanks
>>
>>343272363
I hate this fucking puzzle so fucking much. Look at the fucking colors of the specimens. The bird is obviously white, the insect is obviously blue, the human is more red than the other two. This made me think that there was some other color shit involved when actually it was just LOL PILL LOOK LIKE NUMBAH
>>
File: DianaCry.png (322 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DianaCry.png
322 KB, 1280x720
Would yousleep with her /v/?
>>
File: 2917485-7472408189-14031.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
2917485-7472408189-14031.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
MINDHACK

what a HACK uchi
>>
>>343272421
I explained it in the last thread, but Zero mentions it was a "Japanese Citizen" so he was probably in the US for vacation/business.

Akane says she never saw her parents again because they were said to have died in an accident, so my guess (a theory, please don't take as headcanon) is simply that they never went back to Japan (father on death row, mother killed herself) and her family simply hid that fact from her.
>>
>>343272572
I dont have the balls.
>>
File: 1313761703.png (537 KB, 1258x442) Image search: [Google]
1313761703.png
537 KB, 1258x442
>>
>>343272573
That was hinted at in VLR, where it's said he can control people.

Try harder.
>>
File: 10 out of 10 review.jpg (135 KB, 947x939) Image search: [Google]
10 out of 10 review.jpg
135 KB, 947x939
>>343272740
>>
>>343272740
> + Decisions have consequences

But that's how it fucking works
>>
>>343272468
They have the same information. Akane remembers all information from all timelines that the Akanes in those timelines experience. She doesn't need to read everyone, just herself.
>>
>>343272805
Oh yeah, note: Picture was taken minutes after release, meaning that those are stats from PC reviewer.
>>
Mind hacking is not the problem since it was mentioned in VLR.
The problem was that we're supposed to believe that some fucking old man was with Q team the entire time??
>>
File: 1455937514619.gif (507 KB, 500x392) Image search: [Google]
1455937514619.gif
507 KB, 500x392
>>343272740
>conclusion the zero escape trilogy deserves
>mindhack and alien technology
>>
>>343272740
/v/'s opinion is never representative of anything

Fuck, as soon as someone showed unsatisfaction with the ending (which is understandable), everything snowballed to the point that now the whole game is simply being called shit or bad by multiple shitposters.
>>
>>343272740
It's darker so it's better! Just like chocolate!

And cocks :^)
>>
Is it required to have played the previous games, in order to understand the story/plot?
>>
>>343272325
>>>343272325
>It's only as much as an asspull as anything supernatural is. Which is really not much at all.
>
>I honestly don't feel it's an asspull, it makes perfect sense and solves most of the paradoxes in a decent way. Heck, brother was hinted to be able to shift his entire body in VLR, this is a much better solution to that than just Brother breaking the rules of how the morphogenetic field works.

I agree. The transporter works really well in this world.

What I mean with asspull though is it's existence in 1904 just so we can have the Brother is Delta and Sigma's son from the 2029 twist. It even reads like some kind of fanfic.

Looks like we have to agree to disagree.
>>
>>343272989
no
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10627177

>>
>>343269081
so how is the PC version?
>>
So, are they going to remake 999 or not?
>>
So what's going to happen when they catch that religious fanatic? Force him to play a game with akane as zero again?
>>
>>343272825
Brother has more information than her though, as you said, she only has access to her own timelines, Brother has access to everyone else's.

Maybe she's dead in the timeline the terrorist destroyed the world. Maybe she knew and worked with Delta in VLR for that purpose.

Or maybe she simply didn't know and Brother did because of how much more information he has, which is the simplest and most likely explanation.
>>
God damn I am so stupid. I shouldn't be allowed to play games like this. I'm the one who asked about the team-D FQB a bit ago. I have no idea where to go next. I know the twins' birthday but I don't know where to input it.
>>
>>343273049
Thx. Seems like a solid buy then
>>
File: zero.png (178 KB, 341x409) Image search: [Google]
zero.png
178 KB, 341x409
Somebody explain the appeal of this game to me. It has the exact same premise as all the other games like it, has the same type of characters, there's even the same number of people trapped. All of those games are exactly the same, what's the appeal?
>>
>>343273296
You did all executions?
>>
>>343273334

I would highly recommend playing the previous games. They're both really good.
>>
>>343273387

Yes, I have all of those
>>
>>343273347
>has the same type of characters
Because its a sequel you retard.
>>
File: AkaneIsMoe!.png (18 KB, 92x91) Image search: [Google]
AkaneIsMoe!.png
18 KB, 92x91
>>343273347
It is a waifu game. We all bought it because Akane is cute!
CUTE!
>>
I can buy either this or the Danganronpa bundle.

Which do I go for?
>>
File: rused.jpg (181 KB, 640x683) Image search: [Google]
rused.jpg
181 KB, 640x683
>>343270761
It was mainly for shits and giggles bro. But the fact that it's a game with choices and expectations on it already based on 'promises' from the author does make it slightly different.
>>
>>343273347
Thats like saying every LOTR book was the same or ever Back to the future movie was the same.
>>
I am >>343273296

Nevermind, I'm retarded. I figured it out. Forgot about the Door of Truth until I scoured by flowchart
>>
>>343272869
Fucking with the player's perspective is a usual Uchi twist, so much that I expect it every game, so no surprises about that.
>>
>>343273426
Door of truth bruh
>>
File: Akaneblushes.gif (39 KB, 103x162) Image search: [Google]
Akaneblushes.gif
39 KB, 103x162
>>343273439
Not as cute as 999 Akane.
>>
Shouldn't a blind old man still make breathing old person noises? I doubt he was THAT silent
>>
>>343273439
>We all bought it because

Speak for yourself turbo weeb, I don't fantasize about 2D characters, only good mysteries and puzzles.
>>
>>343273278
Instead of killing him they will force him to play another game with 8 other people where he reveals he's only causing the end of humanity because of X causeing the 5th game to happen
>>
>>343273347
>there's even the same number of people trapped

Oh boy you haven't got Q-End 2
>>
>>343273908
He's in pretty good shape for his age.
>>
So I'm between this and Danganronpa 2. I played 999 and VLR but after reading how the fans consider this to be the worst of the trilogy, I think I'll get Dangan 2 instead. Thoughts?
>>
>>343274124
ztd is better than anything danganronpa
>>
>>343274124
Both of them are the same, the ride is fun and the ending is alright
>>
>yfw you realize Carlos most likely dies of Radical-6 in the VLR ending
>>
>>343274124
This game is still good, /v/ is just exaggerating.

DR2 is decent but worse than ZTD, just wait until DR3 comes out and play this instead.
>>
I can't find anything about physical releases in Aus, is this announced anywhere?

Completely unrelated question, would a game from EU work in an Aus 3DS?
>>
So how many times did Uchi visit this page?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_paradoxes
100+ is my guess
>>
>>343274250
IT'S ALL A GAAAME!
>>
>>343274404
MINDHACK!
>>
>>343274336
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_paradoxes
Now that I think about it: Where was Hilbert's hotel?
>>
>>343274310
I doubt it because nintendo is fucking stupid with region locking their systems and games.

You could do it if you have access to homebrew on your 3ds and play any cartridge region free though.

I sure hope you chose not to update your 3ds when there were threads about it for months
>>
>>343269334
I could just write fanfiction, that would be rejecting his vision.

Checkmate, Uchidefender
>>
Another piece of foreshadowing:
Before doing the first vote, Carlos is banging the X-door and shouting "Mira, Eric, Diana, Sigma, Phi, is anyone of you there?". He didn't shout Q's name because he was supposed to be deaf.
>>
>>343274124
I prefer Danganronpa 2 a lot more than this, but i think it's best if you got ZTD first.
>>
>>
>>343274607

Which is funny because the player just assumes it's because he wouldn't know who Q is
>>
>>343274747
Funnily enough, you almost got triple 47s
>>
Did Phi just dive kicked a 120 year old man, who also happens to be her blood brother? She knows he's her brother, right?
>>
>>343274940
Yes. Who cares?
>>
>>343274940
fuck that guy
>>
>>343274940
He let it happen. He could have just used the force to push her way.
>>
I'm going to try rolling triple 1's. Wish me luck, guys.
>>
>>343275047
MIND HACK
>>
I'm outta things to do.

I did all the executions, pushed all the buttons, I'm standing at the door of truth in one history, I know about Q, how he's a robot modeled after Sean, but at the 3 way stand off, inputting Sean doesn't work. I did wait for time to run out when I was asked who killed Mira. I'm just totally out of options.
>>
>>343275049

Try it two more times after you fail.
>>
>>343275152
Are there any ! marks in the flowchart.
>>
>>343275152
Did you see the stranded pair part and the ambidex game?
>>
>>343275152
Did you let the timer run out on "Who killed Mira?"
>>
>>343275217
Nope.

>>343275251
Yes. I sent Phi into another time, unlocked their force quit box, and got to the point where a black headed sean robot is threatning to kill everyone
>>
>>343275152
Look at the flowchart were Sigma and Diana use the transporter there should be a ! sign. Click that
>>
File: 1455932890502.jpg (62 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1455932890502.jpg
62 KB, 550x550
>>343275047
It's funny.
He stops her from activating the force quit box but doesn't see that coming

Also that bullshit he gets away with in the ending is infuriating. There's no way to prove him wrong or convict him of anything because "it never happened".

And then somehow, during the little time they had between the intro and the "end" he manages to pack away everything and ship it off to some unknown location, but keeps Sean alive to help send Mira back in time so she's not a serial killer
>>
>>343275307
Yes, I did.

>>343275318
If you mean the despair of two, leading to Phi's birth, I did that line already
>>
>>343275312
The family portrait is the key to the door of truth
>>
>>343275152

Look for !s on the flowchart. The part that I ended up picking back up after I got stuck was the dice throw. Did you try that one three times?
>>
>>343275370
Did you see the scene AFTER you don't answer, to "Who killed Mira?"
>>
>>343275047
How do we know he didn't mind hacked her into doing it?
>>
>>343275401
Ah. I figured it was for something, just "the door of truth" sounds very end gamey. I was wondering if I fucked up

>>343275421
No others, I guess I just have to go through the door of truth

>>343275429
Yes.

Side note, should I know more than two anwsers to the mexican standoff? I can only think of Mira and Eric? I tried Sean, no dice. If I'm supposed to find out later, just say that, don't spoil.
>>
>>343275370
do the jumps with c team in the power room. If you haven't done that yet kill Q team IF you've done all that check the who killed Mira fragment. If you've done all that then you should know the code to the door
>>
>>343275364
He may have simply lied about shipping everything somewhere else.

And he's right, nothing ever happened so he can't be convicted. I found that hilarious.
>>
>>343275364
>that bullshit he gets away with
That's kind of the point. That's why he gave Carlos a gun.
>>
>>343275545
stand off choices are Mira Eric No one and spoiler
>>
File: 1435784292643.jpg (33 KB, 201x201) Image search: [Google]
1435784292643.jpg
33 KB, 201x201
>That fucking breakdown Eric has in the decontamination room

Just keep smiling....gotta keep smiling....smile....smile...oh god it hurts....make it stop...need to smile. NEED.... So cold....I'm sorry.... Dad I didn't.... I never....
>>
>>343275545
>Yes
So you saw what was written at the bottom of Yellow door? The one you saw after you answered "I don't know" to "Who killed Mira?"
>>
>>343275545

Did you find the clue for the password to the door of truth? Then see the ending that gives you that password?

Also, one solution to the standoff is "nobody" which is a game over, and the other one is an Easter Egg you can come back to later near end game, but it's more of a joke if anything.
>>
File: palpatine2-jpg[1].jpg (304 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
palpatine2-jpg[1].jpg
304 KB, 1600x1200
>>343275536
we don't
>>
Friendly reminder I'll start the stream next week on Friday.
>>
You fags trying to rationalize this thing into a good game is reaching Kojima levels of autistic denial
>>
>>343275709
If the chat is going to have as much bitching, arguing and shitposting as these threads, I'll have to avoid it, sadly.

The chill chat was one of the best parts of your stream.
>>
>>343275795
>not being MIND HACKED into believing it's good
senpai please
>>
File: 1466846694903.jpg (60 KB, 625x417) Image search: [Google]
1466846694903.jpg
60 KB, 625x417
>Mexican standoff
>Enter "Me"
>Can't commit suicide
>Enter "Q"
>Enter Q's real name
>>
>>343275795
>Look mom, I posted it again!
MGSV shitposter please go.
>>
>>343275795
>i genuinely liked it
>check/v/ and see people telling me why i should hate it
>i still like it

you can't convince me
>>
>>343275795
I think it's the worst in the series but it was better than the others in some ways and if they fixed a few problems it would have been the best one.
>>
Ok a few questions. These may have obvious answers that I missed because I kinda rushed through the game at points.

I'm a little confused with the Sean/Q tweest. Did Sean count towards the kill count? So in the Q-team execution timeline shouldn't there be four passwords revealed? Sean/Mira/Delta(Q)/Eric.

Why didn't Diana and Sigma just SHIFT away from the babby ending timeline?

How come Junpei knew that he could SHIFT after the AB game? Wouldn't he have said "hang on Akane I've never SHIFTed before?" instead he just goes along with the plan without question.

Why did Delta kill Gab? ;_;
>>
>>343275795
Would you really call it bad?
I wasn't happy with the last third either but I wouldn't call it a bad game.
>>
fuck this shit
i wanted another nonary game
>>
>>343275874
Yeah, I got real confused when that happened to me also.
You'll find out what you need to enter. Just leave the threads. Putting in passwords and stuff without understanding how to get them in the first place won't help you either.
>>
>>343275914
>I'm a little confused with the Sean/Q tweest. Did Sean count towards the kill count? So in the Q-team execution timeline shouldn't there be four passwords revealed? Sean/Mira/Delta(Q)/Eric.
No. Q/delta was just always killed with him. In the 3 way standoff he got hit by the grenade as well, you can see his shadow.

>Why didn't Diana and Sigma just SHIFT away from the babby ending timeline?
Only Team C shifts constantly and only after Carlos mentioned downloading informations from the meme-field.
Also: Sigma doesn't know that Diana can shift that point in time I think and even if: Some versions of themselves would still be stuck there.
>How come Junpei knew that he could SHIFT after the AB game? Wouldn't he have said "hang on Akane I've never SHIFTed before?" instead he just goes along with the plan without question.
Like I sad: They don't even think about before Carlos mentions some downloading. it is strange.
>Why did Delta kill Gab? ;_;
He is south korean and that is part of his culture. Don't judge.
>>
This series shouldve ended with 999
>>
>>343275930
Last third?
Wouldn't it be like the last 10% or something like that?
>>
File: MINDHACK.jpg (43 KB, 488x533) Image search: [Google]
MINDHACK.jpg
43 KB, 488x533
Wow, can't believe that Zero is the protagonist of the latest Watch Dogs™ Video Game
>>
>>343275813
Probably it won't because no Anonymous
>>
>>343275914
Sean does NOT count towards the kill count
They didn't shift because there would still be A Sigma and A Diana left in that situation
Because there really was no other option
A quick, painless death is the best option for a dog that old. I know that first-hand.
>>
>>343275914
Sean doesn't count towards the kill counter.

Seemed like that version of Diana hadn't shifted yet. Sigma probably didn't want to abandon her and later their children.

No fucking clue. The amount of shifting happening was kind of absurd.

Nobody knows. I think there's an answer to be found but we haven't figured it out. It's possible Kyle is Gab.
>>
>>343275914
1 Sean never had his password revealed, he was never a formal participant of the game.

2 COMPLEX MOTIVES

3 Akane is obviously more knowledgeable than Junpei about this esper shit, he just took her word for it

4 See 2
>>
>>343276142
I think you underestimate how much of the last third of this game was just words words words with no puzzles. Not even words words words, but movie movie movie.
I mentioned this once already: If they had gone kickstarter and collected enough money we would probably have gotten a last big puzzle room like in VLR and 999 and a real epilogue instead of files.
>>
>>343275914
>1st question.

Not exactly because There's tons of Sean robots. And Delta just used that version "dying" to act like the same thing and released a x pass.

>2nd

They weren't in the right circumstances to shift out. They weren't in immediate danger by any means

>3rd

In one of the game over conversations he talks about how he used to be able to do it, so he still had the power, just didn't know how to do it after it being a year or so

>4th
I dunno, he's just a fucking dick.
And technically speaking, it didn't happen.
>>
is it up on ciangel
>>
File: eric.webm (268 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
eric.webm
268 KB, 853x480
What drugs were the animators doing?
>>
>LOL TERRORIST

Seriously, I can't believe I was hyped for this piece of shit game
>>
File: 1378109329191.jpg (182 KB, 800x999) Image search: [Google]
1378109329191.jpg
182 KB, 800x999
>The vents didn't actually go anywhere, they just had a nice little dog bed in it for gab to sleep on.
>>
>>343276345
>In one of the game over conversations he talks about how he used to be able to do it
Nope, he's talking about using the Morphogenetic field there.
>>
>>343276383
The drug of being locked in a vietnam sweatshop and having to feed your family on $0.05 a week, while not knowing what a computer is
>>
>>343276258
I'm not underestimating it, it's exactly what I wanted, I was always in this ride for the plot and 2/3rds through the game I just wanted to keep reading/watching instead of doing puzzles (which I enjoy, but they're secondary).

I can understand why you didn't like the last third if you really cared about puzzles that much though.
>>
>>343276345
Delta is a constant and present member of Q team. Sean dying doesn't grant an X-Pass only Delta dying does.
>>
>>343276524
As the series kept getting sequels, the puzzles had less and less to do with the story. ZTD's puzzles were completely disconnected from the story.
>>
>>343276413
You realize that VLR's purpose was pretty much the same right?
>>
File: 6561265152.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
6561265152.gif
1 MB, 300x169
Did anyone else really want to see Carlos just punch zero during the ending?
>>
>>343276383
>Korean animators
>>
>>343276414

Every few hours he would eat a piece of cheese and then have a nap.
>>
>>343276615
I want Uchi to go full VN again to be honest.

Even if someone doesn't like his twists, his narrative is always exciting, puzzles just interrupt that.
>>
>>343276615

The puzzles allow for easier SHIFTing, as explained in the previous two games.
>>
>>343276632
Yeah right, consider the following:
>You survive the horrors of the holocaust
>All you family is dead
>your loved one is dead
>You get the opportunity to travel back into the past and take revenge
>You somehow end up in a reality where Hitler has become the most famous painter and his pictures inspired all of europe to live in peace and harmony

You gonna kill him or what?
He dindu nuffin
>>
>>343276620
Except it's hinted through game, whereas in ZTD it's just Delta telling you once or twice. Also, did we really need the same plot point again? It's not as complex a motivation as he said.
>>
Is there any cool "Q(Delta) is actually there the whole time wot-a-tweest" foreshadowing akin to the Sigma is old twist? Like when people call Sigma old man/senile.

I think someone mentioned that you could see his shadow a few times. Anything else?
>>
>>343276589
Fuck, I didn't think about that.
Isn't that why there's only 3 times when x-passes are revealed for Q team?

>decontamination button
>eric's story
>the bomb
>>
>>343276620
It's different though. Free the Soul and radical-6 were present early on and a consistent presence throughout all timelines and ultimetly led to the driving reason behind the plot. The terrorist mentioned in ZTD was a bookend on the VLR end to explain why the radical-6 outbreak occurs
>>
File: 2736275-themanthelegend.jpg (22 KB, 200x266) Image search: [Google]
2736275-themanthelegend.jpg
22 KB, 200x266
Now that ZE is done, what's next for Uchi?
>>
>>343276852
Team Q talks bout the old man not being able to talk
Camera shifts to Gab.

Team Q talks about how the cpt. must take he order
Eric says they would have to do it by force

Team Q is executed
Junpei says
>EVEN Q?! I bet he couldnt even notice it because is blind and shiiit

Don't remember much else.
>>
Reminder, Eric only pointed at Sean, in order to save Mira. Sean wouldn't have granted an X-Pass.
Also why do so many team deaths and in one instance, and in once case only the death of Sigma and Diana (the live round ending), lead to a game over screen?
>>
>>343276909
another erotic VN
>>
>>343276852
>>343276959
Oh what I missed:
In the 3 way standoff you want to say Q you have to insert his real name.
In the who killed Mira and you write Q, eric says it is impossible.
>>
File: 1460056965201.png (273 KB, 580x500) Image search: [Google]
1460056965201.png
273 KB, 580x500
Any fucking way to change the pig disgusting capitalist american voices into japanese? I cant fucking play games like this, its like im watching western cartoons.
>>
File: heh nothin personnel kid.png (175 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
heh nothin personnel kid.png
175 KB, 400x240
>>343276984
HEH
>>
>wiki saying Left is an adoptive brother
Cmon that place should be informative, not a place to write headcanons.
>>
>>343277152
yes
>>
>>343277169
It's canon
>>
>>343276843
He also had to make a bootstrap paradox like Akane did in 999 so he and Phi could be born the way they did.

>>343276890
I'm not saying it was hinted through the game like it was in VLR, just that it serves a similar purpose that Radical-6 and FtS did in VLR: they're the ultimate reasons why the game was made (though Brother had more than one reason, he also needed Sigma and Diana to fuck).
>>
>>343277152
change it in the settings
>>
>>343277152
Options menu.
Anata wa baka desu
>>
>>343276959

Does that mean that team Q just leaves him behind when they leave and Sean runs back in because he doesn't want Gab to be alone? Or maybe he meant he didn't want Q to be alone?
>>
The white robed person was Mira?

Why did she kill Junpei?
>>
>>343277275
She had COMPLEX MOTIVES
Alternatively MIND HACK
Zero Escape hasn't had this many hand wavey explanations until ZTD
>>
Wait a minute

>That part where Zero says he never gave the amnesia drug to Marie

Does that mean that the one time she was killed, that he just knocked her out and got his purple friend to strangle her ?
>>
>>343277219
In what fragment is itm
>>
>>343277152
君はあほ阿呆だ
>>
>>343277258
Q was chained to Gab. We were just shown Gab though, notice how we didnt see the other end of the chain?
>>
>>343277369

Fuuuuuuuuck, I hadn't even thought of that.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.