[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are the DQ games on DS so fucking ugly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Why are the DQ games on DS so fucking ugly?
>>
Maybe i'm missing something here but why would anyone want to play a 80+hr jRPG on a handheld? Or even games like Monster Hunter, a handheld is the WORST way to play that game.
>>
>>342843254
>>
>>342880198
The Final Fantasy remakes weren't so bad on a handheld. They're easy games to play a bit and put back away.
>>
>>342880198
I like handhelds because you can lay down while playing
>>
>>342880198
>Monster Hunter, a handheld is the WORST way to play that game.

Monster Hunter on handhelds makes all the sense in the world in japan. Anywhere else in the world it makes 0 sense.
>>
>>342880451
You can lay down with a controller in your hand mate. My hands can only take like 30 mins tops of a 3DS before they ache
>>
>>342880038
i think they look nice

the animations do toriyama's art justice

the real question is why square enix has given up on localizing dq
>>
File: 0GOOUjL.jpg (17 KB, 139x104) Image search: [Google]
0GOOUjL.jpg
17 KB, 139x104
>>342880038
>Why does the remake of a NES game on a 10 year old handheld not look like a ps4 game
Gee I wonder.
>>
>>342880543
You can lay down where ever the fuck you want though with a handheld. With a controller you still need to face the TV. Get a grip for your 3ds then. There's tons of comfy ones.
>>
>>342880198
You can go maximum comfy with handhelds.
Sure the 3DS models aren't the best when it comes to ergonomics, but still.

Luckily I have a N3DS XL, so I can play the SNES versions and the upcoming DQ games.
Really looking forward to Builders, it looks neat

>>342880584
I can't tell what bothers me but I alway feel a bit nauseous when trying to play one of the DS games

>>342880747
Even the originals look better
>>
>>342880584
Square-Enix is determined to kill JRPGs.
>>
Screenshots barely do the game justice. In action the monster sprites in particular are fucking gorgeous. The only ugly dq ds game is 9
>>
>>342881204
The sprites look great, I'll give you that. But the overworld and battle backgrounds aren't good in my opinion.

I think the SNES and PS2 versions look much better
>>
>>342881797
Eh. It's jarring going from 3d towns to the washed out 2d world map, sure but it works. Towns and dungeons are impressive for the ds though. You also have to consider that playing it on an XL wasn't it's originally intended video output so that stretching doesnt do it any favors.
>>
>>342882232
I played it on DS though.

Well at least VII for 3DS looks nice
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.