[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zelda: Breath of the Wild lore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 97
File: Sheikahspacemen.jpg (229 KB, 1007x747) Image search: [Google]
Sheikahspacemen.jpg
229 KB, 1007x747
>>
>hundred years refers to the death of the last link incarnation

WW Link isn't a Link incarnation, he was a random blond boy who had the adventure thrust upon him. Its a coincidence he has the same name/hair colour
>>
>>342042147
Nope. Ganondorf even tells you you truly are the Hero of Time reincarnated.

Also, the King gasps and apologizes in a roundabout way for thinking you were not, once Link assembles the Triforce.
>>
>>342041051
And the master sword is somehow not stuck in Ganondorf?

My bets. Link fails timeline, Ganon rules Hyrule, Link is reborn and gets another shot hundreds of years later to stop him. Probably linked with Zelda NES somehow with its desolation.
>>
>>342042147
Where. Where the fuck does it state that anywhere?
>>
>>342042704
The bad guy isn't Ganon though, it's Calamity Ganon
>>
>>342042851
The Triforce of courage is broken, so Link can't be reincarnated, its not until you fix it in WW that the cycle is fixed
>>
>>342042704
I agree with this anon.

>Nintendo is finally making the Zelda they always wanted to
>Hundreds of years after the "Link fails" timeline, Ganon has completely taken over the world
>He has destroyed what little things the people have, hence the smashed buildings and desolate wastelands
>The robots from Skyward Sword are still around, hence all of the "tech" looking stuff
>Link is actually a robot/artificial human made from the legends of other heroes
>When we find Zelda, it'll be the crazy cyberpunk one from the original sketches
>The closer you get to the end of the game, the more futuristic shit starts to get
>>
>>342042931
>implying it's not the same Ganon
>>
>>342043028
and he fixes it, proving that he is in fact, the bearer of the tri force of courage. Both the King and Ganon confirm this.

Point to a article or a passage in the Hyrule Historia, or even an interview to back up your stupid headcanon.
>>
>>342043080
>crazy cyberpunk one from the original sketches

Wat
>>
>>342043028
the cycle has nothing to do with the triforce though. the triforce of courage went to link because he the one who was most deserving of that triforce. link doesn't even have the triforce in the beginning of OoT he only gets it when Ganon touches the full triforce and being undeserving ends up accidentally breaking it into 3 parts for 3 people since he touched it he got the triforce most in line with himself.
>>
>>342041051
>After the wind waker

And that's where i stopped reading.
>>
>>342043080
Sketches link?
>>
>>342043303
Link to the past was originally supposed to have Link time travel to a futuristic Hyrule with a futuristic Zelda. This idea had always been tossed around and they always slowly Integrated some technology in small doses into the series. This game might just finally be the future tech Zelda they've been trying to make
>>
>>342041051
>games not even out yet
>LORE SPECULATION THREAD

And people complain about Dark Souls fans.
>>
File: 108[1].png (186 KB, 463x536) Image search: [Google]
108[1].png
186 KB, 463x536
>>342043303
>>342043579
In the original Zelda 1 designs, you were supposed to find out at the end of the game you were in a dystopian future, and the pieces of the triforce you were collecting were actually pieces of a computer part that would save mankind.
>>
>>342041051
hurr durr it has koroks and rock salt it has to be Wind Waker durr. Wolf Link is just an amiibo it's not canon, nothing other than koroks and rock salts are relevant to the timeline right now. The old man is ganon seeking redemption durr
>>
>>342043687
mad max bikini zelda
10/10
never going to happen but hhnnnnnggg
>>
>>342043687
>furry Zelda
Good riddance.
>>
>>342043670
Zelda fags are ten times as autistic and have been doing this for at least 15 years longer than Soulsfags.
>>
File: 1466295888944.jpg (82 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1466295888944.jpg
82 KB, 500x500
>>342043687
>>342043609
Here's hoping, she's black too.
>>
>>342041051
I think is more likely this L ink to be the Link from OoT than some of thos ecrazy theories out there
>>
>>342041051
Where are the train tracks?
>>
>>342044035
WE
>>
>>342044269
WANT BLACK ZELDA, NINTENDO; AND HERE'S WHY
>>
>>342044035
never fucking ever.
>>
>>342044035
>>342044440

While we won't get a black zelda if the sheikah's role in this game continue's to be big it's possible we could at least get another dark skin zelda who is sheikah herself similar to Tetra.
>>
>>342042567
negative, you have that backwards. when you play a pajama profile big fish tells you you are NOT related to the hero of time
>>
>>342045021
No he doesn't.

YOU have it backwards.

Jabun asks the King if you're the one. And the King says no.
>>
>>342044992
Tetra was tan not dark skin. she even turns back white when she's the princess. get over it. nobody wants a darky princess. additionally zelda is from a bloodline she'll never be pure sheikah, at best you'd get sheik
>>
>>342042704
>>342043609
Im kind of leaning towards this direction. Devs are determined to create links to the NES LoZ; the old man in the cave at the beginning, the mountains resembling the original artwork, I wouldn't be surprised if they straight up said BotW was a direct sequel to the Adventure of Link. No more fucking around with prequels, this is technically Zelda 3.
>>
File: 1465926001190.png (7 KB, 590x322) Image search: [Google]
1465926001190.png
7 KB, 590x322
>>342042567
If Zelda sent the Hero of Time back to his childhood and thus erased him from that timeline, how was his soul there to be reborn? Did she duplicate his soul into her timeline, if so, where did it go?
>>
>>342045854
His soul was in Ruto's womb ;^)
>>
>>342041051
Lets be real, Zelda has lore as retarded as mgs
>>
>>342043670
Zelda lore speculation is one of the oldest in gaming, why are you surprised? It's also based on almost 20 games instead of 4 like Souls.
>>
>>342046057
What's retarded is the need to tie them together.
What next, tying the final fantasy together ?
>>
>Aonouma focusing on technology and breaking conventions as the theme of this game

>Multiplayer basically gonna happen

>Wants to use the motorcycle from Mario Kart 8 DLC in a game

>implying there won't be time travel going to and from the moment Link went to sleep before Ganon rekt everyones shit to the current Hyrule we saw in the demo

>implying ayyliums won't be in this game
>>
File: fourth timeline.jpg (732 KB, 800x1092) Image search: [Google]
fourth timeline.jpg
732 KB, 800x1092
What if it takes place in a fourth timeline? Either another split from OoT, or splitting from Skyward Sword (which also had some time travel).

The latter is especially possible considering how many references there are to the goddess Hylia (in later games she's pretty much never mentioned, in favor of the golden goddesses), and all the references to ancient technology (which were a big theme in Skyward Sword).

The leafy koroks are actually their original form so it doesn't have to be post-WW. Ganon could have possibly formed in some other way. He is called "Calamity Ganon", that means he's somehow distinct from other forms of Ganon.

Though I'm not sure how this timeline would form.

>timeline that SS Link left behind when he traveled back to the past, where The Imprisoned escapes
>failure timeline where SS Link is defeated by Ghirahim/Demise
>>
>>342042704
ganondorf doesn't have to resurrect in his own body, if hundreds of years ahve passed from ww there is a good chance that ganon's corpse/statue got destroyed and the master sword was almost destroyed, and anyway, in'ts no the first time the master sword was moved.

anyway, if this is actually post WW, maybe this link is OoTs adult link's body, that was preserved after his soul was sent to the past.
>>
>>342041051
Who gives a shit about the stupid lore anyway?
>>
>>342045854
I wouldn't call it soul, it would be more like conscience.
>>
>>342045547
Is it confirmed that Zelda's reincarnation has to be within the Hylian Royal Bloodline?
>>
We were on this last thread about the Sages before it archived, didn't realize we were so close.

>OoT
Raoru: Yellow/Light
Saria: Green/Forest
Darunia: Red/Fire
Ruto: Blue/Water
Impa: Purple/Shadow
Nabooru: Orange/Spirit
Zelda: White?/Goddess?

>ALttP
Red Maiden: Darunia's Descendant/Fire
Purple Maiden: Impa's Descendant/Shadow
Blue Maiden: Ruto's Descendant/Water
Green Maiden: Saria's Descendant/Forest
Yellow Maiden: Raoru's Descendant/Light
White Maiden: Nabooru's Descendant/???

>ALBW
Gully: Green/Forest (Saria's Descendant)
Impa: Purple/Shadow (Impa's Descendant)
Irene: Blue/Water (Nabooru's Descendant?)
Queen Oren: Light Red/Orangish/Spirit? (Ruto's Descendant?)
Osfala: Yellow/Light (Raoru's Descendant)
Rosso: Red/Fire (Darunia's Descendant)
Seres: Light Blue/???

So what is with the discrepancies? I understand ALttP to OoT, but not ALBW. And what is with the descendants all being Hylian in ALttP, but only 2-3 generations later diverging again at least in Queen Oren's case, I think it's quite clear Rosso is a Goron descendant.
>>
>>342045854
She didn't erase him from that timeline, she sent him back to a completely different timeline that already contained a Soul of the Hero of Time, it didn't need another, there's no reason Future Link can't reincarnate
>>
>>342046809
What the hell is the difference
>>
>>342046421
It's actually really easy to do that, most of them happen in entirely different universes
>>
>>342045021

I believe the you're not blood related to the Hero of Time, but still the next Hero incarnation.

It's there to show that unlike Zelda the role of Link isn't passed down by blood (if it was then Link and Zelda would be fairly related by now, incest issues for sure)
>>
>>342046902
Zelda is the leader of the sages, I don't think it gives her an 'element' for lack of a better word but the thing that would make the most sense to me is Time
>>
>>342046396
20 years of games that barely have any connection beyond what autists think is there
>>
>>342046823
The Zeldas seem to always be blood descendants of the previous ones, so it makes sense they're always in the royal family. Unless there was a Zelda who was a bastard child or got disowned, but I doubt Nintendo would use those as plot points.
>>
Am I the only LoZ fan who gives no shit about the lore?

Everyone has these crazy theories, but it seems pretty obvious to me that the lore is an afterthought to everyone involved in the production of the games.

Hyrule Historia was literally just made up of reworked fan theories, and the games contradict a lot of "official" stuff.

Seriously, there is no real overarching lore, the games just have lots of intertexual references to the rest of the series. Each game is its own thing.
>>
>>342047096
No, she created the timeline. That's why the Child Timeline is called The Timeline of Wisdom.

This is how it goes.

The Hero of Time fucks with the Master Sword and causes two concurrent Hero of Times to exist, one that fails, and one that doesn't. This produces the Downfall Timeline and the Main Timeline. After the one Hero of Time succeeds, Zelda sends him back, but keeps in tact her timeline, unlike how Link utilizes the Ocarina in MM, this diverges the Main timeline into the Child and Adult Timelines.
>>
>>342047156
because the soul has nothing to do with your memories, or your self-awareness, that's the consciousness.
>>
File: 1434567254090.jpg (95 KB, 816x960) Image search: [Google]
1434567254090.jpg
95 KB, 816x960
>>342047726
Silent majority. Just let these autists devour themselves while you enjoy the games for their own merits.
>>
>>342047576
Time would fit and I agree, but then we have a random 7th Sage un-accounted for suddenly in ALBW that none are related to Zelda obviously.
>>342047726
I agree the lore is typically made up on the spot, but I still love to talk about it and work it out though. I personally find it fun.
>>
>>342047662
Fair enough, I just couldn't remember if there were ever any non-royal Zeldas
>>
>>342047726
im right there with you

only autists pretend that there is more to it than there really is
everyone else takes each game for what it is
>>
>>342046902
The OOT sages aren't the same sages who seal Ganon in the downfall timeline after Link is defeated. The sages who do (presumably after a long war since the OOT sages don't do it themselves) are all Hylians as depicted in the opening/manual of ALTTP, and the maidens are their descendants. If you really want to fan-wank to the max, you could think they're the same sages as the ones in TP who sealed Ganondorf in the Twilight Realm (also all Hylians). So the maidens are the descendants of those sages while the ALBW sages are the descendants of the original OOT sages.
>>
ALIENS
>>
>>342047797
But doesn't she send him back to the already existing Child Timeline which already contains a soul of a reincarnation, wouldn't it make sense that instead of two souls of the Hero of time to exist in one timeline and one body for her to have sent Adult Links consciousness back and set his soul free in the Main Timeline
>>
>>342048140
The Sages in the Imprisoning War in ALttP have been retconned to be the OoT Sages, same goes for the TP Sages. They're all the same throughout every timeline.
>>
File: 1369860928050.png (22 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1369860928050.png
22 KB, 250x250
So I looked in the archives and someone made a thread with the trailer I made (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riNqgXqGPmc) and I'd like to address a few concerns:
>Should've had a Phantom Link zoom in
There was literally only one Link close up I could find and it wasn't long enough to have the Punished Link text. it was from the polygon playthrough
>Should've had the night/day cycle
Didn't know there was a video of that and now I'm mad for not including it
>new breed of stealth not in the actual stealth part
yeaah

also this was a slapjob at 4AM, surprised it's as popular as it is already

I'm working on an "I'll Keep Coming" MGSV trailer as well.
no more shilling I promise
>>
I think it's going to be a mish mash of timelines.

It would be fun to see all the wacky shit they could pull with that route, like having the minish be a thing alongside the koroks.
>>
>People are actually stupid enough to think this takes place in the Adult Timeline
>People are actually stupid enough to think this doesn't take place in the decline timeline
>>
>>342048083
>People who like to discuss lore that I'm not interested in must be autists
>People can't enjoy speculation or theorising in the things they like
>I'm going to go to a thread that holds no interest for me and then read it just to call them autists as soon as somebody else voices an opinion about it that I agree with

Oh hey guy, I almost didn't see you way down there on the other end of the spectrum
>>
>>342048332
Nope, it's why the other timelines don't diverge over a "failure" too. There has to be two concurrent Hero of Times for that to work but not work for the other games, especially the other games that involve time travel, OoA, SS, and MM for instance.

The reason the Child Timeline has the Hero's Soul is because Link was sent back by Zelda, whereas he no longer exists from that point forward in the Adult Timeline that was created from him being sent back, hence no hero's soul to carry on from there, which is why the Triforce of Courage shattered and spread across Hyrule.

It just means the Hero of Time created Downfall/Main and Zelda created Child/Adult from Main, with the Adult timeline being the natural flow of time. So it just means Hero of Time and Zelda each created a split based on their actions with the Master Sword and Ocarina of Time respectively.
>>
File: zeldas.jpg (585 KB, 679x1000) Image search: [Google]
zeldas.jpg
585 KB, 679x1000
THE WORLDS ARE COLLIDING
>>
File: Ayy Lmao.webm (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ayy Lmao.webm
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>342046483
>ayyliums
>>
>>342046902
>So what is with the discrepancies?

It exists with OoT/WW with how the sage of the Earth (likely spirit) temple is a Zora instead of a Gerudo.

Sages are likely chosen willy nilly by the goddesses
>>
>>342048639
An anon did it very well last thread, so much so that it can only exist in two possibilities. Timeline convergence at the end, or somewhere in between OoT and ALttP, though we have no idea how much time as passed. I know it's in the archives, probably not far back.
>>
File: 1454114162868.jpg (120 KB, 351x482) Image search: [Google]
1454114162868.jpg
120 KB, 351x482
>>342048710
There is no lore you autist. You fags seriously think LoZ is this sprawling incredible fantasy saga on par with Tolkien when all the devs care about is making good games.
>>
>>342041051
Link in Wild is resurrected, and had a previous adventure.

He's the Hero of Time that died to Ganon.
>>
File: nothin personnel boy.jpg (53 KB, 348x343) Image search: [Google]
nothin personnel boy.jpg
53 KB, 348x343
>2017 release
>30th anniversary of Zelda II: Adventure of Link
>not calling it Zelda III and placing it at the end of the original timeline
>>
>>342048349
I wish I had Hyrule Historia around. I'm sure at least the TP sages are explicitly stated to be different ones.
>>
>>342048716
That makes sense, I guess the answer then becomes that the soul of the Hero of Time just spontaneously appears when it's needed, or it's trans-dimensional
Or I guess we could just blame it on the godesses
>>
>>342048863
But what does the White and Light Blue colors represent, and where does Spirit magically go for ALttP, but return for ALBW? I'm gonna assume Light Blue is meant to be Ice or something. Hell why is there a new 7th sage anyways?

Someone a few threads ago pointed out that the Wind Ruins in MC end up becoming the Earth Temple in WW and the Earth Temple in SS ends up becoming the Wind Temple in WW based on geography, which is kind of funny.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
I JUST WANT THIS GAME TO HAVE AN INTRO JUST AS GOOD AS A LINK TO THE PAST HAD AND NO OTHER ZELDA GAME ACHIEVED SUCH THING FOR GODS SAKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC0KIrKIEYM
>>
>>342049108
I think it's just a matter of, since there were two Hero of Times, they come to being in both Downfall and Child, so they're split souls basically. Where as WW/PH Link and ST Link don't have the soul, they're just some random kids.
>>
>>342048961
You take it way more seriously than I do buddy, I just like to speculate about shit, it doesn't matter if we're right or wrong or there is no right answer or whatever, the point is that talking about it can be fun, nobody is forcing you to be here
>>
>>342048972
People are overlooking this. Link isn't reincarnated in BotW, he's brought back to life in a chamber called the Chamber of Resurrection. He must have died.
>>
>>342048710

It's more like people are discussing a lore that doesn't even exist.

You have to go through huge leaps in logic to make the connections people make in these threads.

The games make references to other games out of fanservice, it's not DEEP WORLD BUILDING.

That's literally they the stories are interesting, because there's so much left for the imagination to fill in. There ARE no answers, the is no interconnected lore; the games are vague on purpose.
>>
>>342049204
>But what does the White and Light Blue colors represent, and where does Spirit magically go for ALttP, but return for ALBW?

Because ALttP was made before OoT, and made before Shiggy had thought of a timeline. That's why its in ALBW which was made after Nintendo decided to make all the Zelda games connected somehow. There's not a lot of consistency in the older Zelda games because of this
>>
>>342049043
They clearly thought about it.

>The Legend of Zelda
>The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
>The Legend of Zelda III: The Calamity of Ganon.
>>
>>342041051
>Windwaker sequel
Not even worth pirating. What a piece of shit.
>>
>>342049306
WW/PH and ST Links are all legitimate Hero's of Time, dialogue from playing through WW with the pajamas doesn't mean shit because it's non-canon, canonically WW Link wore the Green Tunic
Unless there's solid proof that they don't have the soul I don't see any reason to think otherwise
>>
>>342048716
link never travelled physically in time in OoT, it was his mind what it was sent back in time, which should means that there still was either a functional link in the adult timeline or adult link became a veggie when his consciousness was transported to the past, which could explain why link was in that pod.
>>
>>342049438
> my opinion matters stop talking about things I don't like
>>
>>342049605
>calling every Link "Hero of Time"
REEEEEEEEEE.

That's only OOT/MM Link (and the Hero's Shade in TP). WW/PH Link is the Hero of Winds. ST Link is uh... the Hero of Trains I guess.
>>
File: Demo.jpg (32 KB, 540x495) Image search: [Google]
Demo.jpg
32 KB, 540x495
>>342048384
Cringe dude, stop viralling your shit video
>>
>>342043687
holy fuck that would be amazing
>>
>>342049605
Only OoT link is the hero of time anon.

And there are 3 canon hero of time. Child, adult, defeated.

I think we're playing as the defeated hero of time here
>>
>>342049778

I'm not hating on anything, you guys can discuss whatever you want. What I'm saying isn't my opinion, it's just clear to anyone looking at the facts: the is no real interconnected lore.

They just make the games, and then let fans/interns make up the connections. Which, I mean, is fine, but some people in these threads take it a step too far and it just sounds silly.
>>
>>342043687
Source? Never heard of that
>>
>>342049438
The Hyrule Historia actually fills in a lot of stuff which is good because (as far as I'm concerned anyway) we're not trying to actually do any DEEP WORLD BUILDING
As you said the stories are interesting because there's a lot to fill in, so what's wrong with people discussing it and filling it in together, other people think of things I never would have, ideas mesh together, it's just an enjoyable activity and I don't understand why you guys have such a problem with it
We aren't trying to say "This is what is true and you have to accept that" (again, only talking for me but I feel this is the general view) we're just speculating and having fun with it
>>
>>342049903
fuck off
i bet you liked skyward sword
>>
>>342049972
>They just make the games, and then let fans/interns make up the connections
Source? You seem to have a lot of insider knowledge on the series, considering all the "facts" you're throwing around
>>
https://www.ebay.com/itm/262489567267

Yo check this out. Sick ass coin from botw
>>
>>342049824
>>342049929
You're both right, Hero of Time is wrong I just used it to imply the connection I was trying to draw between them and the other incarnations and that they are still part of the reincarnation cycle of the Hero
It would of been better just to say the Soul of the Hero
>>
>>342047425
Skyward Sword confirms this. The Royal family has the blood of Hylia, but Link is always a random kid. Chosen, yes, but random.
>>
>>342049972
From all evidence we have Shiggy Diggy actually loves to do lore stuff with Zelda, he had the Hyrule Historia made and completed the timeline for fucks sake

And of course it gets silly at times, we're talking about a fucking fantasy world here (one that might very well include aliens), we're allowed to get stupid

I honestly just don't see what the problem is
>>
I'll just ask here.
I'm playing through Hyrule Warrios, the original, and hurting for silver and gold materials like Link's Boot and Scarf. Any decent places to farm for them?
>>
>>342050125
His ass, interviews show the idea to concept EVERY SINGLE GAME comes from Aonuma.
Miyamoto had a nice linear timeline but Aonuma decided two different games should be direct sequels to Ocarina of time, then he realized he forgot about the 2D games.
>>
>>342050185
Also have a cool shirt up. I'm not really into Zelda but if I can answer any questions from the demos that the trailer didn't answer maybe I can help.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/262489570761
>>
>>342050125

My source are the actual games? Having played every installment in the series, it's pretty clear that they just made the stories up to fit whatever new idea they had at the time. All the references to previous games are just fan service and little nods to people who played the previous games.

If you actually go and try to piece together all the games, you'll be left with huge holes and contradicting facts. The fact that multiple timelines had to be created just to make sense of it all is more than enough to show you that this was just made up as it went.

>>342050458

The point is that those things are after thoughts. All of the theorizing in these threads is meaningless because no one in the dev team is actually thinking about this. I'm not saying it's BAD WRONG FUN, I'm just saying that some people, like the OP's pic, go way over board.
>>
>>342050458
>he had the Hyrule Historia made and completed the timeline for fucks sake

Just to placate the autists, it's clear they never gave a shit about a huge interconnected world building, the games came far before the 'story'
>>
>>342044035
Fuck that
>>
File: 1374930595366.png (88 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
1374930595366.png
88 KB, 300x309
>Zelda lore

always the same shitty ancient evil plot
>>
>>342050458
>he had the Hyrule Historia made and completed the timeline for fucks sake

Did you actually read the HH? It's like a DeviantArt's take on the Zelda universe.
There's no bigger proof that the lore was just made up as the games went than that book.
>>
>>342041051
>Link born amongst the Sheikah
>Clearly Hylian.

Dat don't add up, bud.
>>
>>342050853
Sometimes the lore that's most fun to piece together is lore that was never really intended to fit, it makes it more interesting and more of a challenge to find ways for it to make sense, OP's pic is probably complete crap but what matters is that it's interesting, not that it makes sense

Also
>All of the theorizing in these threads is meaningless
>All of ... ........... .. these threads .. meaningless
Fixed it for you
>>
File: pepe eye infection.jpg (61 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
pepe eye infection.jpg
61 KB, 250x238
>>342051562
>Sometimes the lore that's most fun to piece together is lore that was never really intended to fit, it makes it more interesting and more of a challenge to find ways for it to make sense

So literally fan fiction.

Really.
>>
>>342051106
>>342051303
I'm not disputing that the lore was made up as they went along, I'm saying that there's no problem with that, nobody is taking this shit seriously (at least I hope not) nobody is making religions or changing their life because of fucking Zelda lore
What don't you people get about it just being dumb fun
>>
>>342049701
>link never travelled physically in time in OoT

whut

didn't link physically change the world when he went back in time?
>>
>>342051678
Well fucking duh
We're fans, who are making up fictional lore about a fictional world
What did you fucking think this was? A creative writing class?
You don't like it then fuck off, no one is forcing you or asking you to be here
>>
>>342050853
>The point is that those things are after thoughts.

2002 Game Pro interview
>Where does The Wind Waker fit into the overall Zelda series timeline?
>Aonuma: You can think of this game as taking place over a hundred years after Ocarina of Time. You can tell this from the opening story, and there are references to things from Ocarina located throughout the game as well.
>Miyamoto: Well, wait, which point does the hundred years start from?
>Aonuma: From the end.
>Miyamoto: No, I mean, as a child or as a...
>Aonuma: Oh, right, let me elaborate on that. Ocarina of Time basically has two endings of sorts; one has Link as a child and the other has him as an adult. This game, The Wind Waker, takes place a hundred years after the adult Link defeats Ganon at the end of Ocarina.
>Miyamoto: This is pretty confusing for us, too. (laughs) So be careful.
>>
>>342052027

Wow, yeah, they clearly thought a lot about this.
>>
>>342052027
yeah and? That's the setup for WW.
>>
>>342048349
>>342049106
You're both part-right!

OoT and Downfall sages are one in the same, i.e. Saria, Darunia, etc. This is even (retroactively) referenced in Zelda II where all the town names are named in memory of the sages. Of course this means that Saria and Darunia somehow had human bloodlines succeed them which opens several uncomfortable barrels of questions, and presumably Seres from ALBW is from some kind of Hylian royal family cadet branch to pick up Zelda's sage slot or something.

The TP sages are a totally different crew though, we even see them in-game and they're those freaky glowy fucks.
>>
>>342048384
cool
>>
>>342041051
I made a similar thread about 2 days ago, but with correct information.

You're right that the game's a sequel to The Wind Waker, but it takes place about 100 years after it rather than "many thousands" of years.

More of the story will be revealed this year, so I don't consider this blatant spoiling. Still, I'll include tags as in my original post.

Game takes place in an alternate timeline where Ganondorf touched the Triforce before King Hyrule at the end of The Wind Waker. This implies that he killed (or, at least mortally wounded) Link, but I do not know this for certain. For his wish, Ganondorf demanded that Hyrule be drained of water, thus eliminating the Great Sea.

This is why the game has so many plateaus and canyons.

The Link in this game is the same Link as in The Wind Waker. This is heavily implied throughout the game (I imagine even the most casual of Zelda players will realize this), though Link will not discover this until the final act.
>>
>>342051846
The way time travel works with link in OOT is that Link pulls the master sword out and is sealed for years. As an adult, he can then put the master sword back and return to his child time. (Forgive me if I got something wrong, it's been way too long.)

He never physically travels through some sort of time portal or machine. He can physically change the world when he goes back in time because he was already physically there as a child. Adult Link isn't opening a portal in time and returning to the past to undo the future that is Ganon. He's sending his mind back to his childhood body to do the stuff necessary to help his adventure in the future. It's like someone got cryogenically frozen, and could then send their mind back in time to right before they got frozen to do other stuff. And then go and freeze themselves.

Adult Link only ever shows up again after returning to kid link because as a child, he goes back to the Temple of Time to re-remove the master sword and thus get sealed again. In doing so, this allows adult Link to come to be in the bad end future. If kid link never does that, adult Link never comes to be again in the future. Mentally, at the very least. I'd say bodily too, I'm not that other anon.
>>
>>342048384
Looking forward to it.
>>
>>342052692
Also, as if it weren't already obvious: The Old Man is in fact Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

He no longer considers himself "King." This should be no surprise to those who saw the ending to The Wind Waker, especially if you put into context the alternate ending in this new timeline.
>>
>>342052692
This is actually a decent theory. Explains the Koroks, the small starting clothes, the absence of the sea.

I'm still curious about the goddess statue in the temple of time. But I wouldn't be surprised if canon was "it's always been there."
>>
>>342048384
Metal Gear Solid is a total rip-off of Trinity Blood, right down to the music. I already knew the whole Vamp/Bis Boss revival by Nanomachines plotline in MGS4 was ripped from it, but I didn't know he was still ripping off it. If you're going to make a video go to the source material. Or better yet, don't. Funnel your creativity into something more... productive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko9Pz6ozfVg
>>
>>342052692
I've added a trip code. I might make a thread later tonight with more details not necessarily related to the story.
>>
>>342041051
Holy shit, you're saying they rehashed Xenoblade X?
>>
>>342052889
Is this backed up in the game/canon?

It makes sense as far as the story goes, but it seems like a stretch conceptually.
>>
File: oldmanisGramps.jpg (230 KB, 800x902) Image search: [Google]
oldmanisGramps.jpg
230 KB, 800x902
>>342052692
>>342053063
>I made a similar thread about 2 days ago, but with correct information.
>correct information

You're wrong, and so is everything you just said.
>Game takes place in an alternate timeline
I already came up with this myself.

>The Old Man is in fact Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule
NOPE. Pic related.

You want real info, follow me at https://twitter.com/lorebro64

Otherwise, keep trying.
>>
>>342053789

Not him but once you fuck with time travel everything starts to seem like a stretch especially when you start going into the song of storms bullshit.
>>
>>342043687
>pieces of the triforce you were collecting were actually pieces of a computer part that would save mankind.

Let's change the names around

>pieces of the Lifehold you were collecting were actually pieces of a big computer that would save mankind
>>
File: Chariots_Of_The_Gods.jpg (28 KB, 210x350) Image search: [Google]
Chariots_Of_The_Gods.jpg
28 KB, 210x350
>>342041051
bad aas man. Ancient aliens are my shit
>>
File: dorf.png (167 KB, 309x478) Image search: [Google]
dorf.png
167 KB, 309x478
>>342053063
Might be dorf.

See pic, they stand the same i.e. same stance. There was a good pic that someone posted comparing, but i didn't save.
>>
>>342053814
>You want real info, follow me at https://twitter.com/lorebro64

holy shit, what has /v/ become?
>>
>>342053789
>Is this backed up in the game/canon?
Which part? The conclusion about adult link not having a mind for his body or just plain not existing in the Adult timeline? I wouldn't know, I'm pretty sure they don't say. It's just a logical extrapolation of the gameplay.

The rest of the stuff though is simply how the game plays, to my murky memory. There's, in fact, only really one instance of actual time travel and that's when Adult Link returns to Kid Link. Otherwise, Kid Link is just locked up until he's Adult Link.

Now, I suppose something even nuttier could be going on. Adult Link could be physically returning to the past when he replaces the Master Sword, and it also just turns him into a child again. I wouldn't put that past the series. And I guess this would mean pulling out the Master Sword does the same thing in reverse, or else how could the returned Adult Link also be able to pull out the Master Sword to go back to the future if there was another Link already waiting in the past who pulled it out? I seem to recall they even directly say Link got sealed for years, not sent to the future.

Mental time travel seems to make the most sense to, and physical time travel clashes with what the game presents. Beyond that though, we're in pure extrapolation territory. Again, it's been a long time, there may be something else in the game I'm over looking or something from Historia I missed.
>>
>>342054271
Ganondorf takes over world, spirit of demise leaves Ganondorf and claims power for himself. Ganondorf realizes he's a pawn for an ancient evil spirit. Resents his actions and instead plans to watch over the new hero to undo the evil he created.
>>
>>342054271
!!nice!! Okay, i have an idea.

What if the evil part of ganondorf broke out of his body and escaped, manifesting itself as the the pig/dragon ganon phantom thing over the castle. The good half of ganondorf is very old, but was young when link was put to sleep. Think about lana and ____ in hyrule warriors.
>>
File: 1466292201637.jpg (8 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
1466292201637.jpg
8 KB, 236x236
>>342052146
They did. Miyamoto is talking about the ending of OoT being confusing. Which it is. If you don't understand it.

Put yourself in the shoes of the creator.

>just created the most lauded epic of all time.
>ended it on the subtlest plot-point of all time, while showing a celebratory end credits that takes place in the alternate FUTURE of the timeline that your protagonist just returned to.
>now you make a sequel, but not one from that future where the game just took place, rather from the end of the timeline that he returned to.
>now you're making another sequel, BUT wait, this one is set back in the original timeline.

Imagine explaining all this to your boss, without him having any context whatsoever about the plots of the game. Only Miyamoto would do something this crazy.
>>
File: 1462325113987.png (164 KB, 453x477) Image search: [Google]
1462325113987.png
164 KB, 453x477
>>342052006
>We're fans, who are making up fictional lore about a fictional world

aka autism of MLP-tier proportions. Truly something to be proud of when you're so insecure in what the games present that you need to warp them into something grotesque as some kind of mental gymnastic exercise as if to justify there's more going on beyond the simple premise that you need to 'dig deep' into to TRULY understand.
>>
>>342054739
you're a fucking douche. GTFO
>>
>>342054537

Too much redemption for nintendo anon.

At that point reaching such enlightenment makes him a better fit for the triforce of wisdom. Which would be a real twist if he ultimately aquired it making WW Ganondorf fans jump for joy.
>>
>>342054537
>>342054602

Yeah, that's the basic idea. It's a big leap to assume that there's a 2nd timeline from WW, but whatever. Working with dorf would be a good twist.

On the other hand, I'm not convinced that the old man isn't the king of hyrule. dorf has never been presented with a big beard afaik.

Also >>342054602 Hyrule Warriors isn't canon.
>>
>>342054650

Maybe this is why Miyamoto wanted to get rid of the plot in Mario games, he didn't want another Zelda full of time fuckery.

Hell, the ending of Super Mario Galaxy had the whole galaxy being reset, that probably raised a bunch of red flags in Miyamoto's head.

>oh fucku nottu dissu time rine shittu again
>NO PLOT IN SUPAH MAHRIO GARAXY 2
>>
>>342054892
>>hyrule warriors isn't canon
yeah, i know, i was just illustrating my point.
>>
>>342053814
>Game takes place in an alternate timeline
>I already came up with this myself.

You're a fool to think this. It's a Zelda game, after all. To be honest though, you were probably inspired by my original thread a few days ago where I revealed the story's premise. You're going to feel like an idiot in a few months.

Also, please keep self-promoting Twitter-posting to a minimum.
>>
>>342052889
This is what I always thought happened but that's what makes the Adult timeline so confusing for me. If it's just his consciousness that went back in time then why did his body disappear at the end if the rest of the Adult timeline remained intact?
>>
>>342054739
Or, you know, I enjoy it
You're quick to throw around allegations of autism but out of the group of people who are all enjoying discussing a game without putting any importance in the discussion and one lonely fuck who bursts into that discussion to tell everyone there that they're shit for having a discussion they don't agree with, which seems more autistic to you?
>>
>>342055181
When Zelda sends you back, she actually sends you back in time to before drawing the Master Sword.

This is what splits the timeline between adult timeline and child timeline.
>>
>>342055181
Just go with 'Zelda did that too so there wouldn't be a vegetable Hero of Time lying around stinking up the place'
>>
File: SkywardSwordDos.jpg (302 KB, 1024x813) Image search: [Google]
SkywardSwordDos.jpg
302 KB, 1024x813
>>342055089
You're going to feel like a fool when you follow my link and see the date I posted this on.
>>
>>342049043
It IS very obviously supposed to be "Zelda 3" It very obviously takes place directly after Zelda 2, and the Resurrected Link is the link from Zelda and Zelda 2.

>Gigantic open world with infrequent towns just like Zelda 2
>Master Sword is in the woods, exactly where it was left at the end of Link To the Past/A Link Between Worlds
>There's next to zero Triforce imagery anywhere, because the Triforce was destroyed at the end of Zelda 2
>Link visibly carries all of his shit, just like that common piece of Zelda 2 artwork
>Link has a dedicated Jump button. The last game that happened was Zelda 2.

Koroks are a red herring. We have no idea what actually causes them to change form. If we see any bird people that used to be Zoras, then we could start making definitive statements about Wind Waker, but for now, the Zelda series is very well known for borrowing elements from other games without much care made about timeline logic (See: Tingle) and the Koroks are obviously no more than an example of that.
>>
>>342055312
more than one person in here is saying this though
>>
>>342054886
Link goes to confront Spirit of demise, Link about to lose again. Old man suddenly appears reveals himself to be Ganondorf. Sacrifices self to protect the Hero. Link defends demise. Ganondorf's selfless actions break the curse of demise. No more cycle of reincarnation. The Legend is finished.
>>
>People think this Link is the one from WW.
>Literally the one guy who isn't Link
>>
>>342055790
I'd be more inclined to buy your argument if "rock salt" wasn't an item that referenced an ancient sea.

There are 3 things that point towards post WW world:

> Rock salt
> Link's clothes are too small (toon link resurrected)
> Koroks
>>
File: 242.png (140 KB, 327x254) Image search: [Google]
242.png
140 KB, 327x254
>>342055436
>sends his consciousness back in time
>oh fuck i forgot there would still be a body
>chops him up and feeds him to the pigs to hide the evidence
>>
>>342043080

And
>it starts to become that the "triforce" is computer chips
>>
>>342041051
Attaching a fanfic level "theory" to an image? Seriously?
>>
>>342048016
fuck me. an actual adult on v
>>
>>342056065
Because there can only ever be one single ancient sea, right?

Also, for the ocean of Wind Waker to have formed, emptied, dried out and created tundra and deserts, people to re-settle the land, and then, also for rock salt to form, it would've taken tens of thousands of years, at least. Link's been dead for exactly 100. No fucking way shit can happen that fast.

Also, it doesn't make sense for the temple of time and other landmarks to be still existing in the form they do.
>>
>>342055181
It's a bit of a conundrum. Because the way your time shenanigans work otherwise, changing stuff in the past physically changes the future.

On the one hand, that actually helps. Child Link never pulls out the Master Sword anymore at the end of OOT, so there's no Adult Link to worry about in the Adult Timeline anymore. He simply never showed up there. On the otherhand, it causes all sorts of headaches because the Child Timeline also continues with Ganondorf being stopped, and therefore the Adult Timeline should never happen. And if Child Link never becomes Adult Link, how did they seal away Ganon?

This anon >>342055376 may have the right idea. Sending Link back forcibly separates the timelines before anything else. Every other time you go back to the past, the stuff you've already done in the future remains intact, so we assume there's some other weird time shit going on too.
>>
>>342046557
>The leafy koroks are actually their original form so it doesn't have to be post-WW.
No, the Great Deku Tree states they took on their Korok forms once they came to live in Forest Haven.

Source: I just played through that part of WW today.
>>
>>342055986

wut
>>
>>342054650
>ended it on the subtlest plot-point of all time

Have you guys ever read a single book in your life time?
>>
>>342056672
We don't know if they weren't Koroks before that too though. Did they just arbitrarily become wood people?

How do you know that isn't what they actually look like and OoT Link didn't just interpret them as kids because he grew up with them? They are spirits after all. That's why they disappear when you walk more than 10 steps away.
>>
>>342056926
Are you calling the Deku tree a liar?
>>
>>342056926
Occam's Razor, dude.
>>
>>342056553
Yes, that's part of what I don't get. If changing things as a child had an effect on the future you returned to then testifying against Ganondorf as a child and having him arrested should have negated the Adult timeline's existence, so why did it continue?
>>
>>342054650
OOT didn't end with intentional timeline hints, because they didn't consider splitting the timeline until well after WW was out. WW even contains references to MM. In a literal sense, the split wasn't real until they actually created TP.
>>
>>342057334
>Occam's Razor
>It's more likely that because wooden forest sprites exist in one timeline they can only exist in that timeline
>Despite insisting this meaning that other, more impossible scenarios must then be accepted
>>
File: 1465937236148.jpg (52 KB, 768x433) Image search: [Google]
1465937236148.jpg
52 KB, 768x433
>>342057275
No. I'm saying he's not sharing the whole truth.

>>342057334
Occam's Razor means that the simplest explanation is usually the right one. It's not a counterargument to a theory.'

Also, you want Occam's Razor? I'll give you Occam's Razor. EXPLAIN WHY THE HELL THE KOKIRI CAN'T LEAVE THE FOREST THEN?

Koroks wear leaves on their faces. In Japan, it's said that when a tanooki changes into someone, it leaves behind a leaf, because it needs it to channel its magic unto. That's why they can't leave the forest. Because they will run out of leaves to transform with and eventually return to spirits...
>>
>>342054650
>Imagine explaining all this to your boss

That's an easy one.
You don't.

Wind Waker has a very loose connection to Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess has zero chronological similarities, instead merely borrowing from the game's broadest strokes. It's clear Wind Waker is only a sequel to Ocarina of Time in as much as "It takes place afterward", without any thought as to how, and Twilight Princess isn't clear at all about when it takes place.

That's the thing people get caught up in when they have these timeline debates; timeline was never a major element in Zelda. The devs do whatever they have to do to make the game good, and then tie it together after the fact. A good 75% of the timeline is conjecture.
That's the reason we have this retarded split timeline bullshit to begin with, because the entire thing has a massive case of square peg/round hole problem. Fitting on a coherent timeline was NEVER a priority for Zelda games, excepting the most obvious examples of when it was.
>>
>>342057589
Bro, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>342057589
>WW even contains references to MM
Can you refresh my memory on that one?
>>
File: Zelda-.jpg (583 KB, 779x991) Image search: [Google]
Zelda-.jpg
583 KB, 779x991
>At the beginning of the game, he is presented to the player as a soldier without any recollection of his past, or even who he actually is; only learning much later of his predetermined role as humanity's Hero, and of his right to make the fatidical choice between welcoming this lawful Sheikah destiny, become an agent of the Demon Lord, or take neither path, choosing his own Hylian future by himself.
>>
>>342055849
Yes, and you're all the same, faggots who would rather try and ruin or taint other people's enjoyment than find something you enjoy yourself
It shouldn't matter what we're doing, you do you and we'll do us, how is that so hard to understand
>>
>>342057696
n-no way man Nintendo had this shit drafted and written out since the 80's, this series is on par with Middle Earth man.
>>
>>342057696
>and Twilight Princess has zero chronological similarities.

Fyi, I was referring to Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker respectively. In that order. But ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfpIHmZHfX0

Btw didn't read the rest.
>>
>>342057660
Koroks can go wherever the fuck they want, did you even play WW?
>>
>>342057610
>>342057660
I'm saying that it's way simpler to take the Deku Tree's word as fact rather than assuming the Kokiri are naturally Koroks.

Also, they can indeed leave the forest. They do so in WW in that sidequest where you have to water their trees with Forest Water so the sprouts don't die.

You're all assuming way too much.
>>
>>342057974
>>342058006
They had trees with them this time. My explanation holds.
>>
>>342057892
>gaggots who would rather try and ruin or taint other people's enjoyment

Speak for yourself because that's exactly what you retards have done for nearly 20 years, people who just want to play and enjoy the games are told they're not enjoying it properly because they don't spend hours upon hours examining every rock and blade of grass in the game and attempt to tie it into some grand chronology the devs themselves don't give a shit about.

Jesus nigger, you're trying to claim this is a series with intricately interconnecting lore when the games by and large cannot even keep major landmarks and geography straight.
>>
>>342057830
The story of Tingle providing maps to Link for his MM quest. It appears in WW, when you bomb the hidden spots to collect Tingle statues. Even though Nintendo had spoken of OOT having two endings, the concept of divergent timelines had not yet been realized.
>>
>Wilderness from Zelda 1
>Master Sword in the forest from A Link to the Past
>Goddess from Skyward Sword
>Temple of Time from Ocarina of Time
>Koroks from Wind Waker
>Hyrule Castle from Twilight Princess
It's a convergence.
Remember that Fi's description of Demise says he's a beast that "Mastered time itself"

"This eternal being has conquered time itself. It is the source of all monsters.

According to tales passed down through generations, it appears differently in each epoch and to each person who lays eyes on it."
>>
>>342057568
On that note, why even dick around in the future at all? Why not immediately go back and get Ganon arrested? I seem to recall you got sealed because Ganondorf immediately busts in after you get the sword. Which doesn't really fit with how you can go back and dick around either.

It kind of gets back into extrapolation, but it seems logical that timelines, once made, continue on even if someone fucks with the past. This justifies spending time to fix the bad future. And why the timeline continues even after Link gets removed from it entirely.

Considering you end up arresting Ganondorf before he even causes any real problems in the Child Timeline, it seems Zelda was able to send you even further back into the past than replacing the Master Sword usually does, which is what cuts off the Adult Timeline fully from the Child Timeline, I'd wager.

Not really the best lore person, though, so I don't know how the secondary data fits into this.
>>
>>342058131
They didn't have trees, they had Deku seeds.

Also, Makar travels with you in the Wind Temple, which is filled with monsters.
>>
>>342058212
Yeah, you got it straight. The Past timeline keeps going and Link can't go "back" further after he pulls the Master Sword. Zelda sends him back way before that happens.
>>
>>342056674
In the adult timeline, the spirit of the hero stopped existing because Link returned to his own time and the timeline then split. This is why no hero came up when Ganondorf freed himself again. Toon Link goes through a bunch of trials similarly to Skyward Sword Link because he is a new hero to carry the spirit of the hero. This may also be why he only faces Ganondorf once - with the original spirit of the hero not existing anymore, Demise's curse is undone.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nfiep7Iehs1r7av0p.png (313 KB, 466x410) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nfiep7Iehs1r7av0p.png
313 KB, 466x410
>>342058152
That's not a reference to what you think it is. I thought you were going to say something like quoting the intro "but that hero did not appear," as evidence for Majora's Mask.

That thing about Tingle is referring to something else entirely. He says he helps the hero when he was lost in darkness. For all we know that could be Breath of the Wild, because Tingle is immortal. Hence how he knows the entire cartography of Hyrule.
>>
File: bt.jpg (419 KB, 960x1200) Image search: [Google]
bt.jpg
419 KB, 960x1200
>>342057929
Discussing something doesn't mean you hold it in high regard, plus people speculating in this thread have already said that the timeline wasn't a thing until several games in but it exists now and the creators have even retroactively applied it to the earlier games so chill out.
>>
>>342041051
Y'all are gonna look like fools when this game has nothing to do with the timeline, and Anouma just chose certain things from other Zeldas because it would be fun.
>>
>>342049108
Iirc, them as reincarnations aren't meant to be considered the same people each incarnation. It's only that someone that holds the qualitys of link zelda and ganon get brought into the cycle of demises curse.
>>
>>342058495
>For all we know that could be Breath of the Wild, because Tingle is immortal. Hence how he knows the entire cartography of Hyrule.

Where the fuck are you getting these things from? This is what I mean when I say you're making way too much assumptions.
>>
I've noticed that the Eyepad has the hour incorporated, did WW and TP had defined time like that? could this mean we could get events based on the time of the day?

I know that OoT had defined time too but that was just an useless sheikah stone gimmick
>>
>>342058143
Nobody in this thread has ever said you need to look into lore stuff to enjoy the games
I've never heard of a Zelda fan saying that ever
Nobody is stopping you from enjoying the games without giving a fuck about the lore or the story or even reading a single piece of dialogue
Just because we want to do something different you feel the need to shit on it because it's not what you do, which incidentally is exactly what you are accusing us of doing

I don't honestly care if the lore fits together, I don't give a shit if any of my or anyone else's theories are correct, what is so hard for you to understand about 'I find it fun'
>>
>>342058564
In an interview Miyamoto mentioning how difficult plot was in Zelda now because of the timeline
In another interview with Aonuma when asked about the timeline he said he didn't want to spoil anything and only gave hints about the Shiekah instead
Bill Trinen specifically pointed out hints towards continuity in the demo and in other interviews, such as the birth place of hyrule, the guardians being in ruins, and the shiekah history.
>>
>>342058180
>Calamity Ganon is freed at the end
>Consumes Zelda
>this starts playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UsgpkMLQx4
/v/'s reaction?
>>
>>342046483
>Aonouma focusing on technology

Based on what Philosophy? Magic or science?
>>
>>342057929
>>342058532
Same person false-flagging.

We do hold the timeline in high regard, because you have to be a dumbass to not be able to see it was all planned since the ending of OoT.

If you believe otherwise you have no concept of choreography. Miyamoto even said OoT was intended to be very movie-like.

>>342058564
K, I'll screencap this for when you're wrong.
>>
>>342058212
No, you get sealed when you touch the master sword because you weren't supposed to get to it yet, Link isn't ready as a child so it freezes him in stasis until he is old enough to be ready, when you put it back as an adult you return to when you last pulled it out because you are returning to the body you left as though you'd never pulled the sword out to begin with, after Link beats Ganon Zelda uses the power of the Triforce (maybe the whole thing, maybe just Wisdom/Courage) to send you back even further
>>
>>342058532
the timeline has always been a thing

Zelda 2 was a direct sequel to Zelda 1
ALttP was a prequel to Zelda 1
OoT was a prequel to ALttP showing the Imprisonment War
MM was a direct sequel to OoT (child)
TWW was a sequel to OoT (adult), but instead of being part of the same world as the original Zelda games (in which Ganon was sealed by the sages, which would have made it the adult timeline) it becomes its own thing by having Hyrule be flooded then abandoned
TP is a sequel to OoT (child), SW is a prequel to OoT and overall the first game in the chronology

Timeline has always been a thing, they just fucked up by having Wind Waker effectively undo the first games
>>
File: 1464383880579.jpg (59 KB, 173x173) Image search: [Google]
1464383880579.jpg
59 KB, 173x173
>>342058916
>We do hold the timeline in high regard, because you have to be a dumbass to not be able to see it was all planned since the ending of OoT.
>Lore Bro

Please tell me this is all parody
>>
>>342058786
>>342058916
>>
>>342058495
Tingle isn't immortal, he's Ganon's son from the future who can time travel and dimension hop
>>
>>342058495
Nice fabric.
Nintendo doesn't give hints of future games, because they haven't planned them yet. The time split was an afterthought. It wasn't part of any super secret plan. OOT was written to pair with LTTP. WW simply replaced LTTP out of necessity. Inconsistencies exist between the games, because the creators are mere mortals.
>>
>>342058786
Yea because the time line legit when link only has pink hair in one game
>>
File: Subrosian2.gif (915 B, 54x60) Image search: [Google]
Subrosian2.gif
915 B, 54x60
>>342058564
I'm not taking this stuff seriously, it's just fun to speculate and try to one-up each other's semi-plausible bullshit. I'm not seriously expecting much of a plot at all.
>>
>>342059021
Pretty sure Lore Bro is a troll, his knowledge ranges from basic to non existant and he's throwing around low tier fanfiction while calling it ''explanations''.
>>
>>342059000
>they just fucked up by having Wind Waker effectively undo the first games

How does windwaker undo the first games?
>>
>>342058916
>We do hold the timeline in high regard, because you have to be a dumbass to not be able to see it was all planned since the ending of OoT.
Stop namefagging. Stop posting your shitty theories. Stop shilling your twitter.
NONE OF IT. Was planned. NONE OF IT. They had their timeline, sure, but they just add to it as they go along, at NO POINT in the development of Ocarina of Time did they think "Oh, and years later let's make a game called Skyward Sword here at the beginning"
Nintendo always does gameplay first and story second, and then shove it in the timeline.
I hate anti-historia shitposters too but don't make an ass out of yourself.
>>
>>342054446
Well when you go back in time, you keep your items you got from the future. It's clearly not just mental.
>>
>>342058684
How else do you think Tingle is able to chart the hiding pieces of the Triforce of Courage with the Great Sea?

>>342059114
Percy from The Minish Cap is the only person in Hyrule who can time-travel and dimension hop.
>>
To be perfectly honest, the can retcon/converge the timeline by having someone touch the Triforce and wish to "make time whole once again" or something like that.

I think that's what they should do.
>>
>>342059176
Not canon. Look at the ALTTP official art.
>>
>>342058636
While not technically the same people fate always brings about the birth of the same sort of people to fill the roles, when the time for the cycle to begin anew is approaching a daughter in born into the royal line blessed with great wisdom and fairness and a boy is born somewhere with a courageous heart who is just and loyal
They aren't so much reincarnations as spiritual descendants, reincarnations is just an easier term for it
>>
>>342059318
He doesn't chart it. He merely deciphers whatever's in the Triforce Chart, and makes it readable to Link so he can go and collect it.

You're sounding like an autistically obsessed 12 year old. I mean, I love Zelda too, but I don't think it's even plausible that fucking Tingle is immortal.
>>
I really like these lore discussion threads

they are really comfy
>>
>>342043687
I've never heard of this before, so you're almost certainly bullshitting me.
>>
>>342047626
>Implying the individual games themselves don't have tons of well thought out lore
>>
>>342059000
Truth.

>>342059263
The adult ending of OOT was designed to be the LTTP prequel that LTTP had told in the Imprisoning War narrative. WW was later written to follow OOT, and spoiled the connection between LTTP and OOT.
>>
>>342059318
Then explain how he got to where he was in FPTRRL
>>
>>342059479
I'd like them better if this """""""lore bro"""""" guy would stop posting in them
>>
>>342057334
If you want to try and pull the Occam's Razor card you need to realize that the real simplest answer is Nintendo threw them in without thinking about the lore implications at all.
>>
>>342058916
>it was all planned since the ending of OoT.

You've got I be trolling. It's common knowledge that Nintendo has thrown story into Zelda games only after deciding on how they would play (mechanics/the gimmick etc)

Your delusion probably stems from the fact that you've spent countless hours trying the crack some sort of Divinci code that Nintendo's had in the works for decades
>>
>>342059502
Can't say anything about that plot bullshit but Zelda 1 being originally concieved as a sci fi futuristic game and the triforce being tech based are indeed true.
>>
>>342059263
First games: Ganondorf comes up, gets fucked, the sages seal him, he later breaks out in ALttP and gets his shit kicked in again

Wind Waker: Ganondorf comes up, gets fucked, the sages seal him, he later breaks out but there is no hero to stop him, Hyrule gets flooded and later abandoned

Having Link be defeated by Ganon in OoT for the first games makes sense too, because technically it is Ganondorf who gets sealed in OoT, not Ganon, so it helps turning a minor retcon into something significant

The timeline wasn't fucked until they realized the ending of OoT had two outcomes, and it was fucked further when they decided to disregard the first games - TWW retcons them, TP fucks up any chance to have its timeline be that of the first games by killing off Ganondorf at the end too
>>
File: 1463156079822.jpg (206 KB, 658x562) Image search: [Google]
1463156079822.jpg
206 KB, 658x562
>>342059167
>WW simply replaced LTTP out of necessity.
OoT never had any connection to ALttP. If it did, Nintendo would have said so at one point/confirmed it in paraphernalia; ANYTHING. Yet the only person out of the 100 people who worked on Ocarina of Time who said this was a character designer who looked to ALttP for inspiration.

Dumbest myth in gaming.
>>342059471
And how do you think Tingle is able to read Ancient Hylian exactly? Uncle Rupee in Tingle's RPG made him immortal.

Wait, aren't you the same guy arguing that Tingle still remembers an event from hundreds upon hundreds of years ago from Majora's Mask as "proof" that the split wasn't planned?

BRAVO anon. Bravo.....
>>
>>342060005
>OoT never had any connection to ALttP. If it did, Nintendo would have said so at one point/confirmed it in paraphernalia; ANYTHING

>ALttP: Ganon gets sealed by the sages
>OoT: shows Ganondorf turning into Ganon then getting sealed by the sages

???
>>
>>342047726
I talk lore when bored, it's not even that I care about the lore. I personally enjoy zelda, lore threads are a somewhat fun place to have a try at developing lower tier argumentation skills.
>>
>>342060005
Medli can understand Hylian. Why can't Tingle? He's a "fairy" after all. And Tingle's standalone game isn't canon, holy shit.

You are literally autistic.
>>
>>342060005
http://zeldawiki.org/History_of_the_Zelda_Timeline/Timeline_Quotes#On_Ocarina_of_Time
Fuck off. Never talk shit like you know shit again.
>>
File: nah.png (18 KB, 884x195) Image search: [Google]
nah.png
18 KB, 884x195
>>342058916
I like speculation and think it's fun, it's autists like you that take it too seriously who ruin it for the rest of us.
>it was all planned since the ending of OoT
And I've said as much, stop throwing a fit over nothing.
>>342059000
When people say there wasn't a timeline before OoT, I'm pretty sure they meant split timelines, at least I do although now that I think of it, that's pretty obtuse. The thing that makes it confusing is that the original games were probably meant to be on a linear timeline but were retroactively changed to become a branch.
>>
>>342047726

Considering the official timeline was kept under lock and key for YEARS, just to be released so.... poorly in the HH (or rather the "we need to promote SS so have this big book of shit"), I'm not convinced it's what's behind closed doors.
>>
>>342060005
OOT's was created as the Imprisoning War. They spoke about it in interviews before OOT was released. It wasn't even the first story they thought of, the original idea was to make LTTP-3D.
>>
File: akira_edit_1.png (669 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
akira_edit_1.png
669 KB, 1280x720
>>342041051
Will the Gerudo be in this one? I need my sexy desert ladies in high definition.
>>
>>342060212
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land is so canon get fucked

And Tingle isn't a fairy, he's a dude of indeterminate race that likes to dress as a fairy
>>
The lore can only be comprehended by the most devoted of fans, I don't expect you anons to ever grasped the full depth of Zelda. Hopefully one day you might reach 2% of understanding.
>>
>>342060675
It's not in the timeline. It's not canon.
And that's why I put fairy in " " you dumbass.

Put your name back on.
>>
>>342046014
*Saria's
>>
>>342060602
We've seen a few flashes of desert so we can hope.
>>
>>342060602
I hope so too, but I doubt it.
>>
File: 1400346951121.png (386 KB, 581x493) Image search: [Google]
1400346951121.png
386 KB, 581x493
>>342059679
Non-canon. Takes place in his own timeline.

>>342059768
>story after deciding gameplay blablah
Has been denied countless times by Miyamoto in probably every language he's ever been interviewed.

Power: Let's get back to Zelda. You said the game's "System" is more important than its "Story" when you develope a game. Is that true for Zelda this time?

Miyamoto: Yes, but since I have an excellent staff that is stron in every area, I think you'll find that the story-telling is a real strength in this game.

Power: But the "System" is still the most important part of the game?

Miyamoto: Yes. I don't think that a story alone can make a game exciting. I'm afraid that people think that I ignore story lines or that I don't feel that the story has any value. My first priority is whether the game play is interesting. What I mean by that is that a player is actively involved in the game. The story is just one of the ways to get players interested, like the enemies or puzzles. If you just want a good story, you should pick up a novel or see a movie. The difference is in the participation. In a game, you might meet a character, but you don't find out his story until later, after you do something that reveals the truth about him. It's all up to the player. You only get that sort of experience with the interactive entertainment. Of course, the scenario, characters and graphics are all important, but its this active attitude that is the most important element.

>>342060481
I don't know what the story behind HH was, but Tezuka said after it came out, that they've had docs on the story secreted away since Zelda 1.
>>
>>342060602
It's implied they died off iirc
>>
I suck dicks everyday. I'm sucking dicks right now. Tingle's lore is CANON. Just ask my wife's son.
>>
>>342061019
When? And how?
>>
>>342060946
You ignoramus your quote goes against what you're even trying to say.
>>
>>342059598
They don't. You can't honestly believe this. MM is the closest to MAYBE.
>>
>>342055790
>There's next to zero Triforce imagery anywhere, because the Triforce was destroyed at the end of Zelda 2
what
>>
>>342061025
This is not me, I'm adding a trip so I can share the pure canon as intended.
>>
File: wash away.jpg (452 KB, 932x1432) Image search: [Google]
wash away.jpg
452 KB, 932x1432
Breath of the Wild cannot take place after The Wind Waker. The King wished on the Triforce for Hyrule to be washed away. It wasn't just flooded, it was destroyed.

For the ocean to recede would be circumventing the King's wish.
>>
>>342061269
Don't listen to him, this my new trip. Make sure to check it so you know my posts are PURE and CANON.
>>
>>342061269
You really have no credibility you know.
>>
>>342061374
No, THIS is the real me. Be sure to Watch my threads for the real Canon.
>>
>>342061127
If this is post WW timeline as "implied"
They had no presence seemingly
Here's one of the "better" lore shitters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaG9vRTpM1s
Starts around 11 minutes in.
>>
Herro, I am Shigerudo Mamamia and I can confirm that Tingre is in fact immortar. In fact the Tingre series is the true timerine and the Zeruda games are all secretry a dream, as yourr find out in breath of the wird. Prease to having a good day. If you have question, AJ Aonumale will be here shortry to answer them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 97

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.