[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zelda lorefag general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 100
File: korok.jpg (52 KB, 768x433) Image search: [Google]
korok.jpg
52 KB, 768x433
Where do you expect the game to fall on the timeline? What kind of story is it going to tell? Has the Zelda team finally figured out good writing after SS was such a mess?
>>
>>341474437
>zelda
>timeline
>>
>>341474437

The mere existence of the Kokori paints it post WW
>>
>>341474757
>>
Gannon being referred to as gannon implies fallen hero timeline, but the presence of koroks implies that it is either pre or post wind waker

That being said, its just like nintendo to throw it all out the window and do things because they thing it's cool
>>
>>341474802
They could BS it and say that Koroks appeared after TP too.

If it's post Wind Waker then Princess Zelda shouldn't be in it
>>
>>341474908
Wolf link is in because Amiibos so probably.
>>
Things we know for sure:

>Koroks
>Link woke up in a "resurrection chamber"
>people will want to go back and play Twilight Princess after this game

Ganondorf is supposedly dead post-TP, but there is something called "Calamity Ganon" sealed up in this game.

Also you can put amiibo shit in there, which I have a feeling might be "canon" to the storyline, as in, you can summon shit from other timelines/eras through sheikah tech.

My guess is the game revolves entirely around timeline shenanigans.
>>
>>
>>341475273
Some other important hints in the demo:
>Voice at the start says that Link must save the land "once again"
>The Old Man, outside a shrine, says that the Sheikah used to protect the land with their power and wisdom.
>>
>>341474908
The King called him Ganon multiple times in Wind Waker
>>
>>341475524
WTF IS THAT
>>
>>341474802
No it doesn't, Koroks were not created during WW. They were already there before the game started and we have no indication of how long they have been (although presumably they're ex-kokiri?).
>>
>>341476338
TECHNOLOGY
>>
>>341475524
>muffled ayy in the distance
>>
>>341476608
They were created during the flood
>>
I think this game will take place in the WW timeline, right after Ganon appears but before the flood.

The hero failed fighting Ganon so he already destroyed Hyrule and nobody is there anymore. The sages are able to keep Ganon imprisoned in Hyrule's Castle but the hero fails and needs to recover.

Once the hero is recovered, he wakes up again when somebody tells him that he must open his eyes.
>>
>>341476761
No, they were created because they wanted to be able to fly, so that is why they look like that. The fact that they did that because of the flood is just wondering.
>>
>>341476608
They are ex kokiri. When you bring makar to the sage place his ancestor is a Kokiri, same way medli ancestor is a Zora.
>>
File: 1411290916566.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1411290916566.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
>>341475524
>we're literally getting ayys in this game
>game's plot will literally involve ayys in some form
>>
>>341475524
could it be the city in the sky from TP?
>>
>>341475273
I was thinking about the amiibo thing too, like you could use the other heros. Or if they just threw it in because fuck it, it's a video game.
>>
It's set a good time after WW flood was drained.
This is the ruins of Hyrule, which is why OoT temple of time is right there
>>
>>341475524
Noice
>>
>>341476975
>they wanted to be able to fly,

Because of the ocean, same as the Rito
>>
The wandering old man is clearly Ganondorf. A Ganondorf with nothing to do in an empty Hyrule. Almost seems post-Wind-Waker but without the flooding that followed.

I think we may be looking at ANOTHER "hero fails" timeline branch - this is what happens if Link fails in Wind Waker.
>>
>>341477126
I think so. Sky cities happen all the time it seems like, and just its shape seems to suggest it's going to be a dungeon.
>>
>>341477356
More likely is the King Daphness Johansen Hyrule
>>
>>341477356
Ganon's shadow is around Hyrule's castle.
>>
File: 0do6jfr0.png (620 KB, 1026x615) Image search: [Google]
0do6jfr0.png
620 KB, 1026x615
>>341477356
The old man is King Daphnes.
>>
File: zelda botw oldman.png (254 KB, 617x349) Image search: [Google]
zelda botw oldman.png
254 KB, 617x349
>>341477517
He didn't have this nose. And that skin color looks more than just tan.
>>
>>341474908
>gannon
literally kill yourself
>>
>>341475524
HOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
FAAAMS
>>
File: 1465930157145.png (54 KB, 336x340) Image search: [Google]
1465930157145.png
54 KB, 336x340
>>341474437
>Where do you expect the game to fall on the timeline?

They are going full Dark Souls where BoW's Hyrule is like Lordran 2.0, in that this Hyrule is one that defies the laws of time and physics and is converging elements from all timelines together.

That's why we're seeing Koroks, Wolf Link, Bridge of Eldin, Goddess statues and OoT's temple of time all within the same setting.

>What kind of story is it going to tell?

I have a suspicious feeling that it's going to be extremely dark, maybe even the darkest game in the series by a long shot an that the game will go full Bloodborne with its plot twists halfway through.

First off, I doubt this Link isn't the real deal, but is instead an artificial entity created by the Sheikah. It's already pretty telling when the game opens up with Link waking up from a cryo-stasis pod with virtually no mention of his past life. Because he doesn't have one.

Either he's the back-up in case if the real hero were to die or something were to go wrong, or perhaps he was created as a counter - to counter the real Link that is out there right now, for whatever reasons. Basically we're playing as Punished Link.

Keep in mind that the Sheikah monks who help upgrade your Sheikah cellphone only exist for one purpose like Link does, and that they pretty much die after fulfilling it. This is foreshadowing some real and seriously deep shit regarding Link's future.

And assuming that the Lordran timeline theory is correct, this could mean that we might even run into multiple Links from the other games.

The old man at the start of the demo is Ganondorf, after being free of Ganon (Demise) and its curse.
He's now just a good, humble man who wants to help you out.

That's pretty much all of my crackpot speculation for now.
>>
WHY ARE LINK'S THIGHS SO SPREAD APART

REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>341475524
That thing looks like a sky dungeon layout. Which either wind control to glide, or hookshotting to traverse its gaps.
>>
>>341477290
>WW flood was drained
Why would that happen? How would it happen?
>>
>>341477070
but ayy already appeared in zelda games before
>>
>>341478498
SO YOU CAN SEE HIS SUPPLE YOUNG BOY THIGHS OF COURSE!

REEEEEEEE
>>
>>341478892
Goddess magic
>>
>>341478273
I like your theory. I also think Link was either created or an older hero/someone thought to be the hero and being saved at whenever he was thought to be needed. They did refer to it as the Regeneration Gmaber and that's where you will respawn after death.
>>
>>341478273
Ok kojima
>>
>>341478978
Triforce magic caused it.
>>
Lore is the worst thing to eve happen to Zelda. Well, aside from the fans that worship it.
>>
>>341478959
HE'S ALSO GOT THAT V LINE ON HIS PELVIC AREA.
WHAT DID NINTENDO MEAN BY THIS?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>341478892
This, I feel like The Great Sea was Hyrule centuries later, after everything, it is now covered by water forever. The only way to keep evil out the land for good.
>>
>>341479268
Look they wanted Link to be a cute girly boy and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>341478998
>Regeneration Gmaber
Did you have a stroke?
>>
>>341479321
>Ganon is back
>unflooded hyrule

There I spoiled BotW story for you
>>
The only thing I'm worried about, is we got hyped for mgsv in the same way as this because of how dynamic it looked. I'm hoping the rest of the game is as good as the sandbox content they've shown
>>
>>341474437
http://www.strawpoll.me/10491081
>>
>>341479371
I'm having strange feelings for this new link...

What does this mean?
>>
>>341479393
Apparently. *Chamber
>>
>>341479268
THEY WERE MERELY POINTING OUT THAT LINK DOES INFACT POSSESS A BIG FAT COCK ONE OF WHICH HE WILL USE TO RAPE PRINCESS ZELDA DID I SAY RAPE? YES I SAID RAPE! WHO COULD STOP HIM?!

REEEEEEEE*BONER*EEEEEEE
>>
>>341479512
>Canon timeline

What?
>>
>>341479059
Well they're definitely breaking conventions to the point where we can run off and fight the final boss first thing if we really want to, so I don't see why they wouldn't go full mindfuck and crazy with the plot this time around.

Also Aonuma admitted that they're already taking a sort of Dark Souls/Bloodborne approach with the plot in that it will mostly be told through the gameplay and atmosphere, as well as the decisions we make. You can skip or ignore it all if you desire.
>>
>>341475273
wasn't reincarnated Ganon sealed in FSA (after TP)
>>
>>341479512
It's a Hero Fails timeline of WW you fools! Hyrule beneath the Great Sea left unflooded.
>>
>>341474437
Taking from another thread:

So, timelines. Resurrection Chamber, etc.
>Idea 1: Old Man from the beginning of the game is the Wind Waker Boat dude guy who wished Hyrule to remain a water wasteland and somehow lived long enough to see the waters recede and preparing you for Ganon's return.
This seems to be the most logical way to do things, however "breaking away from zelda tradition" has been bothering me
>Idea 2: Old man from the beginning of the game is Wind Waker Ganon who either killed Link/Zelda in that final battle or before hand because all throughout Wind Waker he let those two live countless times and got his wish and lived long enough to regret it and trying to prevent a new evil from taking over a dried out Hyrule
Considering the King of hyrule is "human" and it would take years for Hyrule to dry out naturally or a second chance with the tri-force, not much chance of him living long enough and leaving Ganon to get old would make more sense
>Idea 3: Old Man is Ganon, but making clone links using the Resurrection Chamber and using the cloned links to defeat a greater evil than Ganon and plans to ambush clone link
pure bad fanfic idea right here
>>
>>341479530
I'm sorry, anon, but you've come down with a case of the gays.
>>
File: totallynotsuspicious.jpg (67 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
totallynotsuspicious.jpg
67 KB, 854x480
Squadala, dont mind my huge gerudo nose, I'm totally a cave hobo.
>>
>OoT link goes to sleep
>Goddesses pull a phantom pain and wake him up 93 years later than expected
>Now go and bring the legend back to life!
>>
File: 1436363660564.gif (40 KB, 403x584) Image search: [Google]
1436363660564.gif
40 KB, 403x584
>>341479530
You're gay or you've been on /v/ too much.
>>
>>341479671
I thought it was "Resurrection" chamber.
>>
>>341479701
The timeline of the canon Zelda games dude.
>>
>>341479681
The quality of posts is important to us here at 4chan
>>
>>341479453
No i mean it HAS to be post Wind Waker because oceans dont just unflood in a few hundred years.

Unless Nintendo has decided fuck our intelligence, its unflooded again you filthy american dogs
>>
>>341479787
>This seems to be the most logical way to do things, however "breaking away from zelda tradition" has been bothering me

That's pretty far from tradition
>>
>>341479917
You're probably right, I remembered the wrong word.
>>
>>341478273
>to counter the real Link that is out there right now
Big Link is the villain
>>
>>341476608
They were created as a reaction to the flood.
>>
>>341479868
not little boy link, I'm talking new older link ~
>>
>>341478273
makes sense. At first I thought it was going to take place after a link to the past because of the rusty master sword in its pedestal, as the shot that shows it mimics the artwork present in altp. although combining elements from other zelda timelines would be a interesting approach to the game
>>
>>341479821
THIS CANT...
>>
>>341479938
ARE YOU IMPLYING, GOOD SIR, THAT MY POST'S ARE OF POOR QUALITY?

YOU SHAME ME WITH SUCH TALK.

reeeeeeeee
>>
Consider this:

The old man owns the same flying cape Link has. I don't thing it is a minor detail.
>>
>>341474908
It's most likely Post-Wind Waker, due to Koroks and the Old Man looking like the King. Also Hyrule being in ruins makes sense if this is the Wind Waker Hyrule once the waters have finally dried up.
>>
I think Link is a Robot, created by the shiekah to save Hyrule in case the Hero of Time Fails his mission. He is actually one of many Robots that tried but failed. He will be treated like a hero but he is merely a pawn of the shiekah.
>>
>>341478273
>I have a suspicious feeling that it's going to be extremely dark, maybe even the darkest game in the series by a long shot
I really hope this. Skyward Sword was just too light for me, I want some dark shit like Majora's Mask, that game was so engaging purely because of the NPCs.
>>
>>341475021
Why not? Zelda reincarnates just like Link. Why would this being in the Wind Waker timeline hundreds/thousands of year after WW preclude there being a Zelda?
>>
>>341480362
it means he invented the flying cape, he's leonardo da vinci
>>
>>341480537
Because Tetra's descendants are now living in New Hyrue on the other side of the world.
>>
>>341480342
It's terminal, usually. Luckily, there is a suppository you can take to stave off dying indefinitely.
>>
>>341480537
Zelda doesn't reincarnate, she just has the blood of the Goddess.
>>
>>341480406
>the final area you walk into a room full of half destroyed Link bots
>you walk into the middle and all of their eyes turn on and glow red
>penultimate boss is 30 shadow links surrounding link
>>
>>341480539
Suck my mona lisa.
>>
>>341475273
There is the rock salt found at the plateau/central hyrule too. It seems to imply there were a sea at this place before.

To me, it looks to be post-WW but some things don't make sense :
- The sea level has gone down for an unknown reason.
- Ganondorf revived, unless it's a reincarnation again.
- The master sword is back in its pedestal, in a forest (reminder, in WW, the castle was on top of the pedestal, and the sword ended in ganondorf head).
- The master sword is in a terrible state. Did the seawater makes it rust ?
- Sheikah are back ? They were almost extinct in OoT and we have now all this crazy tech and their symbol everywhere.

However, it would be interesting if the old man is truly the king and survived the ending of WW. Imagining him alone in flooded hyrule for centuries is kinda sad.
>>
>>341476608
Koroks are what the Kokiri turned into due to the flood, in the same way that Rito are what Zora turned into.

If Koroks and/or Rito exist, that means the Flood happened. And as far as we know, the Flood only happens in the Wind Waker timeline. The Old Man looking like Daphnes seems to also imply this.

It certainly could be something else - granted there are hints at the other timelines too (Aonuma saying we will want to play TP after this implies it's in TP's timeline, and the Old Man's existence as well as all the visual callbacks to the original LoZ imply it could even be in the "Ganon Wins" timeline of the original games). So who knows. But I still think most of the evidence points to this being centuries after Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks.
>>
>>341474437
it's a reboot
>>
>>341480664
What is it Dr. Anon? I'll do anything.
>>
So, are we sure the voice Link hears at the beginning is Zelda's voice?
Couldn't she be the Godess? Or Impa?
>>
>>341477843
>Clairvoyance! Or something like that.
My bet is that the tablet-thing has a gossip stone and he has another one, allowing him to spy on us (like Tetra in WW).
>>
File: It is time.png (58 KB, 626x754) Image search: [Google]
It is time.png
58 KB, 626x754
>>341481212
I'll need you to take your pants off and assume the position. It's time for your dose
>>
>>341474880
>Era of decline
>Master Sword not used because it didn't appear in Zelda I and II
it's a Zelda II sequel with fan service elements from other games. You read it here first.
>>
What if this is the hyrule that got sealed off and flooded in Wind Waker
>>
>>341474437
It takes place right before the flood. As in, the climax and conclusion to this game will be the flooding of Hyrule.

Look at the facts about what we know about the setting of the game.

>Ganon Returned and wrecked shit
>No Hero appeared to stop him
>Hyrule now in a state of decay
>Villages are rare and not shown yet because they are "deeply linked to the story and no spoilers will be shown"

I guarantee that those villages are going to be filled with devout people praying to the gods to save them from this evil that ruined their great kingdom of hyrule.

The twist? The Gods don't flood Hyrule. You do.
>>
>>341481072
My point was that there's a very large gap between the flood happening and the start of WW. The world being flooded was already "a very long time ago" by the time of WW. There's plenty of time for adventures between the two.
>>
>>341474437
Post everything.
>but plotholes
Magic.
Screenshot this and try to tell me to eat shit when I'm proven right.
Try.
>>
>>341481348
I'm like 6% sure it's literally the voice of Zelda Williams
>>
>>341481597
>It takes place right before the flood
That wouldn't explain the koroks.
>>
>>341480967
Maybe leaving the sword in ganondorf's head at the end of WW caused it to become broken. Combination of evil and salt water.
>>
>>341480717
It's Hylia that reincarnates then. But still, Link is the constant reincarnation of the spirit of the Hero, and Zelda is the constant reincarnation of the spirit of the Goddess Hylia. I still don't see why there wouldn't be another Zelda.

>>341480626
And how do you know somewhere in those centuries one of those descendents wouldn't have moved back to this area? All kinds of things could have happened in that span of time. They could have been called back to Hyrule somehow.
>>
>>341481451
okay doctor so I jus-

WAIT NO STOP

AHHHHREEEE
>>
>>341474437
>zelda lore
nice meme desu
>>
>>341480856
NOO man...sigh It goes like this:

>the final area you walk into a room full of half destroyed Link bots
>you walk into the middle and see ganon waiting for you
>waiting for the hero that will finally save hyrule
>>
File: F.jpg (41 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
F.jpg
41 KB, 620x413
>>341481838
Too soon
>>
>>341481910
>And how do you know somewhere in those centuries one of those descendents wouldn't have moved back to this area? All kinds of things could have happened in that span of time. They could have been called back to Hyrule somehow.

Why would they? Neww Hyrule was doing great.
>>
If it was to take place after Wind Waker then I think it would mean that link in this game isn't the real link since after Wind Waker, Zelda and Link sail to a new island and build a new Hyrule away from the old one that got flooded
but somehow old Hyrule became unflooded, but since it became unflooded there is no link around to stop Ganon so he destroyed Hyrule until he got trapped inside Hyrule Castle and the Shiekah meanwhile work on creating a machine that is able to make a "clone" of Link to come back and save Hyrule.
So the Link you're isn't the real one but just a clone to take the real Links place.

Of course I could just be talking rubbish oh well.
>>
The curse of Demise has become sentient and is GANON, which is the big shadowy stuff around the castle.

The wielder of the Triforce of Power is the lone man of the Gerudo, Ganondorf.

They are two separate entities.
>>
The fact that there are hints to ALL 3 major timelines points to two things.
Either
A. Nintendo doesn't give a fuck
B. Nintendo is trolling us and there is some multiverse bullshit going down

The fact that this game's story is all lore, I see B. As more likely.

I hope it makes sense, I love Zelda lore

Could the flood happen in a different timeline?
>>
It's post Wind Waker after the flood waters receded. This current Link is a reincarnation of OoT Link, who felt guilty over not being able to return to fight off Ganon prior to the Goddesses causing the flood.
>>
>>341482037
I DIDN'T MENTION HIM YOU FUCK

ZELDA'S A FAN OF ZELDA IT MAKES SENSE FOR HER TO BE CAST FOR THE FIRST VOICED ZELDA OUTSIDE OF CARTOONS AND CDI
>>
>>341476812
This theory now seems very possible and cool as an idea
>>
I honestly think it's between OoT - TWW

>No Hero of Time
>Ganon returns and blows Hyrule the fuck out
>Becomes known as the Calamity
>Somehow sealed away inside Hyrule Castle, the kingdom crumbles
>The Sheikah create a sort of human construct to try and replicate the Hero of Time
>It will be woken up once Calamity Ganon becomes too strong to contain within Hyrule Castle
>You aren't Link, but you're being led to believe you are
>BOTW does MSGV better than MGSV.
>>
>>341481880
In Wind Waker Deku Tree said "they used to take the form of children but one day decided to take this form" He never claimed or stated it was related at all to the ocean.
>>
>>341474437
It takes place after Phantom Hourglass but before Spirit Tracks.
>>
>>341482052
Because in the centuries to come something could happen that causes them to no longer be doing great. It isn't too far-fetched to imagine something could have wrecked New Hyrule in that time.Or again, there might just be destiny or something unknown calling them to the other side of the world. Zelda games happen centuries apart from each other and the world experiences massive changes in that time, there's all kinds of reasons a Zelda could be back in that area.
>>
>>341482117
>Ganondorf was jealous of Hyrule's wind.
>Ganon is now THE WIND.
>>
>>341477356
It seems more like he is the king of Hyrule
>>
>>341474437
Here the real "lore". The original intent was there was none. Each games was it own stand alone retelling the "Legend of Zelda" over and over. However some autistic splegh tried to connect all the games together and it started to gain steam. Nintendo just went "Heh, this pretty neat" and just went along with and created the mess that it is now.

tl;dr Lore fags over complicate shit
>>
File: bart (2).jpg (38 KB, 472x531) Image search: [Google]
bart (2).jpg
38 KB, 472x531
>>341482420
>>
Screencap this: in a very high mountain, we will find some old and rusty train rails, confirming the game takes place after Spirit Tracks.
>>
>>341482153
Nintendo gives zero fucks about Zelda timeline autists.
>>
>>341478273
Noice
>>
>>341482645

Yes, let's ignore the fact that most of the games since Zelda II have explicitly mentioned either in marketing or in their manuals their placement on some sort of timeline.
>>
Yeah I think it's sometime before WW.

Too bad, I'm looking forward to the Zelda game where you're told to go retrieve the master sword and you find it still stuck in Ganondorf's stupid face.
>>
File: 1459235281766.jpg (71 KB, 500x513) Image search: [Google]
1459235281766.jpg
71 KB, 500x513
>>341482645
I love how people keep saying this even though it's bullshit. Nintendo gave Zelda a chronology themselves but mired it with inconsistencies which led to fanwank.
>>
>Can't show towns because spoilers
>Koroks
>Wolf Link
>Not underwater because there's weather
>Guardians are broken and old
We're getting time travel stuff again. That's why they released an official timeline with Skyward Sword.
>>
File: 1440285528124.jpg (39 KB, 374x347) Image search: [Google]
1440285528124.jpg
39 KB, 374x347
>there is a Korok right at the start of the game
>BotW takes place before WW
>>
>>341474437
>Ruined Ocarina of Time!Temple of Time
>Koroks

Pretty obvious this is finally the post-Ocarina-pre-Wind Waker flood game we've been waiting for.
>>
Anyone have a webm of qt Link shivering
>>
>>341483071

Wolf Link is just a fun bonus feature. Don't think too hard about required Amiibo support.
>>
It's in the ruined timeline, many centuries after Zelda 1 and 2.
>>
>>341482895
It can't be before WW. Before WW there have been a huge war, Hyrule still wasn't a desolate land like in BotW.
>>
File: cold.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cold.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>341483120
>>
This doesn't have to be the WW universe, the Korok was put there to throw us off the trail, this is the hero fails timeline, only the kokiri forest got flooded, and they became koroks anyway
>>
>>341483092
Are you trying to imply there's some logic issue in that? By the time WW starts, the koroks had already existed for some unknown amount of time.
>>
>>341483183
Yeah, no. That anon is right. If they allowed Wolf Link, there must be a reason. Remember, Aonuma talked about connections to TP.
>>
>>341474802
It can't be post WW because they would need to retcon both PH and ST. Also, its too obvious. This has to be on the "era of decline". Koroks will be retconned as a natural Kokiri evolution maybe.
>>
I think we'd be able to figure this out easier if we knew what the guardians are and who built them.
>>
>>341482645
Bullshit. That came WAY after the fan theory. Shiggy didn't make LoZ with this grand master plan. LttP is a remake of of the original, and OoT is a remake of them both.

If anything it just a story being retold over and over again, with different perspective.

Lorefags are the faggotry that ruin games nowadays. God forbid games can just be fun and not have this over complicated bullshit connecting to each other. They as bad as the faggots who argues that Dark soul and Bloodborne is in the same university cause the moonlight great sword is in it.
>>
>>341474437
I want some timeline shenanigans to be a part of this. It's the only way all the technology would work. I'm expecting some bullshit about how somehow some of Demise's minions from pre-SS ripped open a portal through time, went into the post-WW future, and fucked New Hyrule's shit up. Or something like that.
>>
>>341477843
>RETURN OF KING TOILET BOWL

Awwww yissss
>>
>>341476812
Wait, I thought the Hero was supposed to be OoT Link who vanished because he went back in time and was unable to stop Ganon because of that.
>>
>>341483524
>It can't be post WW because they would need to retcon both PH and ST
Not if it takes place many centuries after ST, when the water level went down and people went from to new Hyrule back to old Hyrule.
>>
>>341479512
>Canon timeline

Don't you mean the decline timeline?
>>
File: 1403728224527.jpg (91 KB, 342x387) Image search: [Google]
1403728224527.jpg
91 KB, 342x387
>>341475524
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>341482645
Maybe not all of them, but most of them have clear connections to each other. Nintendo came along and cemented the timeline thing in an effort to sell their Hyrule Historia book.
>>
It's set in Wind Waker 'Downfall'/'Power' timeline. Ganondorf victory, where he successfully raised the old kingdom.

The game will give an explanation of why the Goddesses sank Hyrule. Probably something not entirely just/selfless, and which will make the conflict of Wind Waker (whether or not to raise the old kingdom) even more morally ambiguous.

probably about the sheikah, who may also finally get their big reveal in this game. something like, they are antagonistic to the gods, but not 'evil'.
>>
File: what.png (15 KB, 222x244) Image search: [Google]
what.png
15 KB, 222x244
This is the game at the end of all the Zelda timelines as they converge.

On top of that, the game takes place before Skyward Sword, making the "Zelda Cycle" a very real thing in the timeline.
>>
>>341483289
I don't know why high quality animations for Zelda games always make me happy...

Could be because I was very isolated from other games when I played the original oot...
>>
File: 1377385959491.gif (1006 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
1377385959491.gif
1006 KB, 260x187
>>341475524
The fuck.
>>
I've heard many theories. The three that make the most sense are:

A. It's far into the future of the ruined timeline

B. It's post Majora's Mask, pre Twilight Princess, just prior to or after the twilight interloper war.

C. It's long after Wind Waker in Old Hyrule after balance was restored to the world and the flood waters receded
>>
>>341483289
Do you have any of shirtless Link shivering
>>
>>341483974
Do you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>341483890
Skyloft/Oocca city
>>
>>341478007
>>341477070
>>341476749
>>341475524
When we got a closer look at those thin towers that are dotted around they kind of look like they're extracting resources from the earth, the blue ones water and the fiery ones lava
>>
>>341483652
You're saying shit that's contrary to fact. It's on the back of the box that A Link to the Past is a prequel to Legend of Zelda numbnuts. Ocarina of Time is the story alluded to in A Link to the Past and gives Ganon an origin story.
>>
>BotW Ganon is supposedly so badass they call him CALAMITY Ganon now
>He fucking gets a prefix of the word "Calamity"

He better be badass and hard as fuck or I'm gonna be mad.
>>
>>341476812
How do you make a Zelda game where you're forced to die/lose at the end?
>>
It's in between Twilight Princess and Four Swords Adventures
>>
>>341475021
but a Zelda appears in Spirit Tracks, and that's after WW.
>>
>>341480967
>Ganondorf revived, unless it's a reincarnation again.
Again? Isn't Ganon usually the same one? I don't think he's reincarnated in any game (he's resurrected in most). OoT Ganon is the same one as in TP, as in WW, as in ALttP.

I don't think Malladus has any connection to Ganon does he?
>>
>>341483919
>It's set in Wind Waker 'Downfall'/'Power' timeline. Ganondorf victory, where he successfully raised the old kingdom.
This actually makes a shit ton of sense.

>probably about the sheikah, who may also finally get their big reveal in this game. something like, they are antagonistic to the gods, but not 'evil'.
Agreed, we'll see more of the Sheikah here. Probably something also about how they're really in-tune to pre-SS Hyrule, so they know how to work magical technology and such, hence the Sheikah thing Link carries around with him.
>>
>>341483652
>LttP is a remake of of the original

"The predecessors of Link and Zelda face monsters on the march when a menacing magician takes over the kingdom." - ALttP box

>OoT is a remake of them both

"The story in Ocarina of time isn’t actually original, it deals with the Sages’ Imprisoning War from the Super Famicom's ALttP." - Interview with Satoru Takizawa
>>
>>341483593
They're built by the Sheikah to protect Hyrule. Old Man's dialogue lays this out.
>>
>>341484271
Given that they turned over a new leaf and want to allow players to fail again, I am optimistic about boss fights.
>>
>>341474437
>Ganon knocks link off of the top of the temple into the water
>Hyrule floods
>Link is saved by le deus ex machina
>ONE HUNDRED YEARS HAVE PASSED
>WE NEED A NEW HERO

Still doesn't explain the shrines.. did we see shrines like that in WW?

The monks look like they were sent there THOUSANDS of years ago and were meant to keep knowledge safe for whatever future hero comes.
>>
>>341484271
Calamity Ganon sounds like Ganon as a cowboy

I want it.
>>
>>341484418
And she lives on the other side of the world. She's not in Hyrule anymore
>>
File: 1462156938303.gif (1 MB, 515x404) Image search: [Google]
1462156938303.gif
1 MB, 515x404
>>341484123
>and the flood waters receded
Wind Waker took place centuries after Ocarina of Time, how much longer would it take for the flood waters to recede?
>>
>has something to do with TP
Are we getting Midna again?
>>
>>341483431
They had existed since after the flooding of the world, it makes no sense here.
>>
>>341484526
WW doesn't take place in Hyrule
>>
>>341484435

FSA Ganon was a reincarnation as far as we know.
>>
>>341484580
Very hot periods happen in history. ùLike there are Ice ages, there are hot ages.
>>
File: 1354481691724.jpg (800 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1354481691724.jpg
800 KB, 1920x1080
>>341484526
>Still doesn't explain the shrines.. did we see shrines like that in WW?

We didn't see much of Hyrule at all in WW though it does look kinda similar.
>>
File: ZVVxYy0.png (743 KB, 1283x719) Image search: [Google]
ZVVxYy0.png
743 KB, 1283x719
I thought this light might be coming from Zeruda already imprisoned in the castle
>>
>>341484459
In addition to that, I also recall before it came out that they did expreslly talk about a timeline before OOT came out, and said that OoT was the "earliest point of the timeline so far", which is accurate with what they had done at the time. Then again, it was easy to claim that one would be the earliest in general since it served as Ganon's origin story anyway.
>>
>>341482153
It's definitely multiverse shit.

We also now know that the Sheikah wee an extremely advanced magitech race, they created the resurrection chamber, the shrines and all of these towers and robot guardians scattered across the map.

We also know that they pretty much created Lanayru desert's ruined city and that they manipulated time via time shift stones for their own liking, and also as an energy source.

What if Ganon absorbed so much of this ancient power the the created a time nuke, breaking the laws of physics to the point where timelines are converging together? That would explain why he's called calamity Ganon now.
>>
>>341484729
It happens ON Hyrule.
>>
>>341474437
It would be neat if this was a world where Ganon won.

That somehow Ganon would split off from ganondorf resulting in dorf to be remorseful. Maybe training the new link to stop calamity Ganon.
>>
>>341484435
He does in four swords adventure >>341474880
In the game itself, we got his story about how he got the trident of power of the pyramid and became Ganon.
>>
There are supposed to be actual towns with people. Maybe we're supposed to make the towns, or gather the people, and raise them up to high places before it's time to release the flood?
>>
File: 1452792883285.jpg (73 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1452792883285.jpg
73 KB, 600x450
>>341484271
>Calamity Ganon is seen in the first 20 minutes of the game as a giant fucking shadow boar
>is never explicitly referred to as male, just this ominous fucking "thing" that laid waste to the world
>no Ganondorf in sight

I think I've gotten over the fact we're going against Ganon again.
>>
>>341484908
I think they will be more similar to Zelda 2 towns. No sources, just speculation.
>>
>>341484750
Hyrule Historia also explains that the concept of "Ganon" exists almost as an idea too. So even when he is destroyed, the hatred and his will are so strong he just comes back eventually. And this is what happens between ALttP and LoZ.
>>
>>341481685

But the world was still under water, and that's Hyrule castle. Also the old man said this was the kingdom of Hyrule
>>
>>341484458
There are no alternate timelines created by WW though. OoT created a split because it involved actual time travel, not just hypothetical "what if link game-over'ed' scenarios
>>
File: 514.jpg (36 KB, 491x319) Image search: [Google]
514.jpg
36 KB, 491x319
>>341475524
we ghibli now
>>
>>341474908

GANNON-BANNED
>>
>>341485282
No.. OoT didn't create anything, it showed possibilities in the actual game, not just the transition between them.
>>
>>341485236
There's air and shit in sunken Hyrule. It's like a bubble at the bottom of the sea
>>
>>341485295
>now
did you miss TP?
>>
>>341484187
There's Koroks, Wolf Link, Ganon is mentioned up front (So you can count on there being some kind of twist where he's not actually the big bad this time), the Master Sword is aged, there's TECHNOLOGY that doesn't really fit anywhere in the timeline, and the kingdom looks destroyed.

My money is on the seal on Demise being broken because the Master Sword is damaged or 10,000 years have passed or some shit. Monsters and enemies have taken over and there's little civilization left (hence breath of the wild). You play as the OG Link from the pre-SS comic.
>>
>>341484538
>calamity ganon has a magical revolver
>"triforce o'power, and o'courage... ya see Link, there ain't enough room in this land for the both of us"
>>
>>341485069
Wait, it's supposed to be a boar? I thought it was some sort of evil spirit with horns (like Phantom Ganon).
>>
>>341484767
Is this ganon floating around the castle, in a black wind state ?
>>
>>341481482
We can only pray.
>>
>>341485069
You say that like it's a bad thing. Ganondorf reduced Ganon to "rarrrgh this is my final form!!!!" I am loving, LOVING, the notion of Ganon being the main antagonist with no Ganondorf in sight.

And I love Ganondorf mind you.
>>
File: 1397828200096.png (373 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1397828200096.png
373 KB, 640x480
>>341483974
This would be the fucking shit. I'd be so fucking surprised if Nintendo actually had the balls to do that.

It'd make a LOT of sense too.

>Hyrule grows more and more technologically advanced
>Ganon grows more and more powerful, to the point where he eventually becomes the full on Anti-God figure known as Demise
>his forces overrun the entirety of Hyrule
>eventually the goddess Hylia sends what little remain of Hylians into the sky
>you are simultaneously the latest and final Link in the timeline and the goddess Hylia's Champion, making you also the first Link ever
>game is about you, the King of Hyrule, the Sheikah, and what little remain of surface dwellers, including Koroks and all, taking on at first 'Calamity Ganon', then Demise and starting the cycle all over again

Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>341485069
>Ganon hasn't been the main antagonist since TP except for HW
>>
>>341484767
Is that supposed to be Ganon with the glowing yellow eyes?
>>
>>341485434
Link to said comic?
>>
File: Twili Midna.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Twili Midna.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>>341484613
>return of the Twili realm
>return of best princess

I don't think my heart could take it.
>>
>>341485282

The problem being there's nothing specifically about the scenario they present with the third timeline that implies it's only tied to OoT. They suddenly bring up multiverse theory in a series that otherwise only had a timeline split due to a very specific and very conscious event, but now all of a sudden stuff we never even experience or see can create a whole new timeline, and nothing about that under the multiverse theory they seem to be going for implies that time travel has to be involved. It just happens as a result of possible branches, or which there are potentially billions.
>>
I do hope the old man in the beginning is a Ganondorf who has been freed from Demise's curse and is helping link to kill Ganon, would be a nice twist and could lead to new villains in the series
>>
>>341485434
>game introduces weapon durability
>as soon as durability exists, the master sword gets instantly wrecked like the stone that had time stopped on it and released after being hit too many times
meta lore
>>
>>341484187
Do any of us have facts to back our theories up?
>>
File: 1454183634683.png (3 MB, 838x911) Image search: [Google]
1454183634683.png
3 MB, 838x911
>it's the hero of time
>the voice in the beginning is Navi
>yfw
>>
Ok, hold the phone, we did saw the Temple of time, isn't it? No speculations about that?
>>
>>341484271
If there's one thing consistently good in all 3D Zeldas, it's the final boss. OoT Ganon is fucking terrifying. Majora's Mask is crazy. Wind Waker has a super cool arena. The final face off sword-to-sword in TP is pretty damn menacing when you don't use the fishing rod. And SS, as shitty of a game as it is, still has a pretty damn badass fight with Demise and the lightning.
>>
>>341485624
Ganon getting cockblocked in ALBW was a nice surprise.
>>
>>341484196
Oh fuck, that would tie right into what I said here >>341485554

SHIEEEET
>>
>>341485440
>realbrown zelda
>funhouse zelda
>anime zelda
>trainpunk zelda
>before the beginning zelda

are we gonna get Western Zelda?
>>
>>341485709
>tfw Illya is you favourite girl
>she won't show up ever again
>>
>actually caring about the official timeline
Fuck it. My headcanon states the games are set in their own individual continuitys, a la Final Fantasy. Besides obvious direct sequels of course (Zelda 1 -> Zelda 2. OoT -> MM, etc)
>>
>>341485840
Hope sqwaudahlah makes an appearance.
>>
Why hasn't Link ever fucked Zelda?
>>
>caring about zelda lore
>>
>>341485910
>fishing rod
You can literally just walk behind Ganondorf and he'll try to turn a little (not nearly enough) while kicking the air forever. You can fight him entirely with Mortal Draw if you want.
>>
File: 1372581232366.png (235 KB, 537x551) Image search: [Google]
1372581232366.png
235 KB, 537x551
>>341484893
>split off from ganondorf resulting in dorf to be remorseful. Maybe training the new link to stop calamity Ganon.

Fund it.
>>
File: Calamity_jane.jpg (159 KB, 1023x1452) Image search: [Google]
Calamity_jane.jpg
159 KB, 1023x1452
>>341485440
>>341484538
>just a magical revolver when he could have a magical lever-action rifle or shotgun as well
>>
File: OoT_Link_Ganon_Artwork.jpg (1 MB, 2800x3639) Image search: [Google]
OoT_Link_Ganon_Artwork.jpg
1 MB, 2800x3639
>>341474437
OoT sequel in Decline Timeline with an amnesiac OoT Link waking up around the time of the Imprisoning War.

>Iirc, Hyrule Historia never mentions OoT Link being killed. Just "defeated".
>After his defeat and Princess & Sages seal Ganondorf, they recover his body and Master Sword.
>Princess and Sages take Link to the Sheikah who put him stasis in the Resurrection Chamber to heal.
>Master Sword is taken to the Lost Woods instead of the Temple of Time away from Ganon.
>Castle Town and Temple left in ruin since Hyrulians move elsewhere to get away from the seal's location at Hyrule Castle.
>Calamity Ganon is the result of Ganon's power from the Triforce leaking from the shitty seal. Has no physical form and is just energy, much like how TP Ganondorf was flying spirit face.
>BotW Hyruleans are Hyrule's millennials who do not care about Hyrule's history.
>These are the greedy fuckers mention in ALttP who foolishly seek the Golden Power from Ganon and get turned into monsters.
>ALBW has a picture of a Korok, so they exist in the Decline timeline.
>Sheikah have essentially died out in TP's and WW's timelines.

Resurrected OoT Link seems like the only answer since he's the only Link who's defeat is such a big deal. You can get a game over with every other Link in this franchise, but his defeat lead to more games including the originals. So it stands to reason his "resurrection" would be a big deal.

It's also stated that in the Imprisoning War story that the Seven Sages of the time could not find a new hero to take up the Master Sword. So instead they could have reawakened an old one and give him a second shot at properly sealing Ganon's ass.

On an additional note, the Decline Timeline is the only one without a sequel that explains what exactly went down after its OoT ending.
>>
>>341485736
>new villains

Uhm, have you played anything since TP? Bellum? Cole and Malladus? Yuga? The Lady? Ghirahim and not-Ganondorf/Demise?
>>
>>341485709
>>341484613

>love midna
>she's the worst fucking character in HW

help me
>>
>>341485878
Yeah, it directly called it as such ingame, and it's very similar in structure to OoT's.
>>
File: 1451107428042.jpg (60 KB, 340x326) Image search: [Google]
1451107428042.jpg
60 KB, 340x326
>>341485540
Not at all. I love how they're treating Ganon like a catastrophic event, rather than an extension of Ganondorf. It'd be a wonderful throwback to the original game as well, where you know there's some big bad fuck named Ganon fucking shit up, and he's your target.

>>341485442
Looked like a boar when I saw the cutscene. It's faint, but there's two tusks on the shadow-y entity flying around Hyrule castle.
>>
>>341486123
He did. At least twice.
>>
>>341486095
>a la Final Fantasy

IV is connected to I through VI. VII is set in the same universe as X. Ivalice exists.
>>
>>341485952
Ganon nor the Master Sword should have been in ALBW. Heck, ALBW shouldn't even exist. At least not on the Decline Timeline.
>>
>>341486056
>are we gonna get Western Zelda?
Nigga, that was supposed to be Twilight Princess. It's pretty obvious and Miyamoto even outright said as much. TP is literally supposed to be Western-themed. Just look at both Kakariko Villages. Plus the ranch in the beginning, the emphasis on horse-riding, etc.

And then there's Link's Crossbow Training, which did even more with that iirc.

Kind of a waste since I hated TP though.
>>
>>341485714
Oh yeah reading up on it again, you're right. Nintendo describes the downfall timeline specifically as Link failing the final battle. How stupid. I'd remembered it as being any of the timelines Link left behind when he traveled back before Ganon was defeated.
>>
>>341485878
Confirmed in the game itself that it's the temple of time
>>
Calamity Ganon is actually Vaati.
>>
>>341486056
Twilight Princess had a shit ton of western themes in Kakariko and the Hidden Village.
From the western shootout scene to the magical native american
>>
>>341484123
The weird mechanical monsters and the deep connection to the Sheikah, seriously make me think that this game takes place during the interloper war, or almost immediately after it. I think we'll find out that the interlopers are indeed the Sheikah, who are eventually banished to the twilight realm and become the Twili. That would explain why Aonuma says you will want to play Twilight Princess after this, and that Midna might appear in this game. Would also explain why Wolf Link is possible.
>>
>>341486110
Hero of Winds and Tetra/Zelda banged. There's no way ST Zelda isn't their grandchild.
>>
>>341485069
Calamity Ganon is Demise's curse gone sentient, but without a host to possess.

The old man is Ganondorf, who has been freed from the curse and Ganon's possession; he's now a good guy.
>>
I really feel this will be the comfiest game up to date

>soundtrack will contain lots of ambient noises and piano
>that feel of loneliness on a big ass map
>scavenger link with hunter clothes, collecting stuff to survive since no more rupees in grass
>can explore vast enviroments with climate changes that affect you, normal nature events like fires and lightning
>riding a horse across the land freely or walk with a wolf partner

Jesud christ im so hype and i dont know jack shit about the story yet
>>
>>341486335
>>341486220
Well, at least we can exclude it takes place before OoT like some used to say.
>>
There's another thing that points to this being the WW timeline. BotW Link was in stasis in an alien machine for 100 years or so. Remember that there were no incarnations of Link in the WW timeline, even WW Link wasn't the hero reincarnated, he earned the right to wield the master sword through deeds, not prophesy.
>>
>>341483806
Fair enough, but that would make WW ending even more retarded than already is, considering the sequels.
>>
File: 1251568748524.png (15 KB, 374x358) Image search: [Google]
1251568748524.png
15 KB, 374x358
>"In the Japanese version of Twilight Princess, the Dark Interlopers had no name, instead being just a clan of people native to Hyrule that were skilled in magic. Also, Lanayru mentions that the clan attempted to control Hyrule and not the Sacred Realm."
>"At the back of the completed Fused Shadow is a symbol, very similar to the iconic eye emblem of the Sheikah race. The eye part can be seen beforehand on Midna's section of the Fused Shadow, but it is usually hidden by her ponytail. The appearance of the symbol here, as well as in many Twilight-related places, may suggest that the Sheikah were the original creators of the Fused Shadow. Also the Sheikah eye is seen on the throne in the throne room of Zant and in many other places in the Twilight Realm."

>my fucking face when this game is about the Sheikah being the dark interlopers and trying to use a revived Hero of Time Link to do their bidding and control Hyrule
>>
File: 1353718906991.png (490 KB, 908x760) Image search: [Google]
1353718906991.png
490 KB, 908x760
>>341474437

Right now? No telling.

Pro-Wind Waker:
-the existence of Koroks

Con-Wind Waker:
-relatively clearly "old" Hyrule, with the Temple of Time being present. Koroks could have been created by the Deku Tree in response to a hostile environment in the other two timelines as well.

Nothing in favor or against the other two timelines so far. All that's clear is that there must be a huge, huge gap between BotW and any other game, judging by the heavily degraded level of civilization and the Master Sword's ancient appearance.
>>
>>341486515
Same. I don't want to wait another year to play it
>>
File: Ganon.png (273 KB, 600x565) Image search: [Google]
Ganon.png
273 KB, 600x565
>>341486234

>Looked like a boar when I saw the cutscene. It's faint, but there's two tusks on the shadow-y entity flying around Hyrule castle.

Yeah you're definitely right. You can see his hands/paws at one point. What I thought were horns were his tusks.
>>
It is entirely possible that Nintendo just said fuck it and rolled everything together. I hope they didn't, what would be the point of releasing an official timeline if you promptly throw it out the window?

Playing as the original chosen hero of the Goddess Hylia sounds pretty cool, I really hope that's the angle we're going through. Imagine what it must take to convince a goddess you're worth binding your souls together for all eternity.
>>
>>341474437
>general
>>>/vg/
>>
File: hqdefaultCA2POW1I.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefaultCA2POW1I.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>341486308
And the hidden village
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5vWiXcJrDE
>>
>>341486205
Imp Midna? only her level 3 attack is good, so good that it's one of the best in the game so spam that endlessly to make everyone your bitch. Twili Midna? you must be playing wrong because she's just powerful.
>>
File: 1465967132468.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1465967132468.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
Haven't played TP in years, but wasn't there a reference to a technologically advanced race before that time period?
BotW could be a prequel to it, as Aonuma said there are references in it to TP.
>>
Pick one

>Pre-WW, immediately before the Flood, showing that Hyrule is fucked so it doesn't matter if it gets flooded
>Post-WW maybe even way after PH/ST, old man is Gannondorf who just wants to bring Hyrule back, doesn't even betray you at the end
>Pre-Zelda 1 or remake of Zelda 1, old man either is, or wants to bring Ganon back, betrays you at the end
>>
>>341486538
Never know, maybe they fix the temple of time up before OoT. Get some stoneworkers in, a rake, mop and bucket, good as new after a few years.
>>
>>341474437

>open world
>story
>good writing

ahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>341485483
>>341485631
Looks like it could be him, or Phantom Ganon, or maybe it's his triforce of power taking form separated from his body, splitting him into that thing (Calamity)Ganon and the old man Gannondorf in the cloak.

In that case he'd likely try to use you to combine with it again
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 100

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.