[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Morrowind thread boys >favourite faction >favourite god
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87
File: sotha sil.png (2 MB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
sotha sil.png
2 MB, 1050x1050
Morrowind thread boys

>favourite faction
>favourite god
>favourite weapon
>favourite town
>favourite house

let's go
>>
First for shit game go fuck yourself
>>
File: almalexia_by_ielay-d8dub3d.jpg (181 KB, 759x1053) Image search: [Google]
almalexia_by_ielay-d8dub3d.jpg
181 KB, 759x1053
Almalexia did nothing wrong!
>>
>>340737780

>not trapping her soul and using it to create magic shoes so that you can forever step on her cheating ass for the rest of eternity

Whore ass bitch deserved it.
>>
>>340737565
You need to put in more hate in order to get the special needs kids to keep this thread alive.
Post one of those webms, or how much you hate Morrowind and how Oblivion is perfection of humanity and now your life is an empty void for witnessing such perfection.
>>
>>340737896
>kill her
>realise 20 minutes later I didn't trap her soul
>strongest enchants are from golden saint souls
>feel annoyed because of it for the rest of the game
>>
>>340737780
>only Tribunal to die
>nothing wrong
lol
>>
>>340738058
>>only Tribunal to die
What? Isn't Vivec the only one who doesn't die by the end
>>
File: screenshot002.png (659 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
screenshot002.png
659 KB, 1366x768
>Morag Tong
>Are Daedric Princes okay too? Bloodmoon's hircine was cool
>Spear of Bitter Mercy/That enchanted ebony broadsword in Balmora/I just enchant something myself.
>Hla oad and those other fishing villages.
>Indoril even if you can't join them.
>>
REMINDER: THIS IS A REDORAN THREAD. NO HLAALU ALLOWED

INDORIL ARE TOLERATED
>>
Daily reminder that in the next TES game Sotha Sil returns. It's set in Elsweyr, and he proclaims he cheated death and that he is stronger than a Daedric Prince. A lot of Khajiit follow him as a god, and you have a task to stop him by the Thalmor. You can choose to either help Sotha Sil to drive the Thalmor out or kill Sotha Sil for good.

It is later found out that he was revived by a Daedric Prince to please him
>>
>>340738162
That doesn't even make any sense
>>
>>340737565

>favourite faction - Legion
>favourite god - non
>favourite weapon - polearm(I call Skyrim BS for not having spears), 2h-sword
>favourite town - Balmora/Ald-ruhn/Suran
>favourite house - Redoran
>>
>>340737896
I literally keep her soul as a paperweight in my house. Not my nice house either, the shitty one I got way back at the beginning of the game after you kill the murdered in Seyda Neen.

>favourite faction
Redoran, noble warriors and such.
>favourite god
Sotha Sil if he counts, otherwise Tiber Septim
>favourite weapon
Longsword, specifically Trueflame
>favourite town
Balmora. I don't give a fuck if it's Hlaalu territory, it's the first town you're supposed to visit and it feels like home.
>favourite house
Lakeside House mod, otherwise the Redoran stronghold you get at the end of their questline.
>>
>>340738119
In Dragonborn you learn that because of you killing Dagoth Ur and destroying Lorkhan's heart the Tribunal's power dimished as expected (so only Vivec's) and the meteorite that Sheogorath sent to destroy Vivec crashed into the city, which caused the Red Year.

It is only safe to assume that Vivec didn't make it
>>
>>340738119
Nope, you CAN kill him though
Sotha Sil Dies though, so that makes 2 already
>>
>>340738119
Sotha Sil uploaded himself to the Nirn internet where he shitposts about Magnus and fixes the world.
>>
>>340738160
My nigga. Crab houses beat mushroom houses.

I loved the manor you get to build as well.
>>
REMEMBER REDORAN
>>
I am very much confused by what CHIM means? My friend tells me it's breaking the 4th wall, realizing you're just a character in a video game and that knowing that means you achieved godhood.

Is my friend bullshiting me or what?
>>
>>340738484
nah thats just a metaphor
>>
>>340738296
>it's only safe to assume one of the most powerful characters in the series couldn't escape a volcano eruption he knew was going to happen.

Vivec achieved CHIM and is not fuelled by the heart of lorkhan any more.
>>
>>340738583
pretty sure he didn't have CHIM any more by the events of morrowind
>>
>>340738484
It is too complex to explain and no one really gets it from the explanations I've seen.
You either have people who dismiss it outright or get a half assed explanation.
The best explanation was when some anon linked a book, but I forgot it's name.
>>
>>340738484
It's nothing to do with video games. The player character does not achieve CHIM.

CHIM is the realisation of how the universe really works, that is, realising that you're just an imaginary concept in the dream of the real god, but instead of accepting your non-existence, defying that and demanding that you are real. At that point you can bend reality as you know it to your own will, like the dreaming godhead would.
>>
>>340738245
>WHERE'S YOUR UNIFORM?
I fucking hate the legion just because you have to wear that awful cuirass or every single Imperial guard you see will utter that line in terrifying unison at unholy decibel levels.
>>
>>340738715
You can't unachieve CHIM.
>>
>>340738865
the whole point of chim is that you're teetering on the razor's edge between zero-summing and being a regular citizen isnt it
>>
>>340738796
Not the anon you were responding to, but what the fuck does this have to do with the actual games and characters in said games?
Because it sounds like a crock of fanfic bullshit.
>>
>>340737565
>there will never be a game where Sotha Sil is alive
>>
>>340737565
Dagoth Ur did nothing wrong.
>>
>>340738315
The Redoran stronghold is awesome. Hlaalu just make some villa on a hill in the rich area, Telvanni grow a mushroom in most remote place they can, probably so you'll fuck off there and never bother them again, but Redoran make a mini town on a dangerous pilgrimage road. It just being there probably saves loads of lives.
>>
>>340738926
No. You come to the realisation and either accept that you're not real, which causes to to zero-sum and cease to exist, or you refuse to accept you are not real and achieve CHIM.

>>340738927
It has nothing to do with the actual games. The plots to each game are relatively mundane.
>>
>>340738865
you can if the real gods say so
>>
>>340737565
vampire factions are best faction, especially since it was a surprise that I could join them at the time
>>
>>340738953
The closest you can get is either play ESO or get the Sotha Sil Expanded mod Trainwiz and friends made.
Fucking awesome mod by the way,
>>
>>340738162
makes sense
>>
>>340739160
Alright, so where does the "Vivec achieved CHIM" bullshit come from then?
>>
Thieves Guild

Nocturnal

Glass dagger

Suran

Hlaalu
>>
>>340738804
Well you are in so you gotta follow rules.
It was no bother to carry another armour with me anyway.
>>
>>340739196
Quarra is broken though, unless one of the unofficial patches fixes it.
I remember stumbling on their headquarters when looking for the Ashlander camp. I went in with steel armour and a shit longsword and came out in full ebony and with an enchanted glass sword, it felt awesome.
>>
>>340739160
or you un-realize it again and go back to dreaming
it's not like the whole thing is as easy as toking up on some skooma and going "duuude, what if the universe was, like, a dream", and poof, you're either gone or a god
the path to zero-summing alone is fucking grueling, drilling the idea into the core of your being
it's perfectly possible to lose that
in fact it requires constant effort to not lose it
>>
>>340739258
From the 36 Lessons of Vivec as well as out-of-game explanations of concepts by one of Morrowind's writers
>>
>>340739160
>or you refuse to accept you are not real and achieve CHIM

That's wrong.

The Tower is an ideal, which, in our world of myth and magic, means that it is so real that it becomes dangerous. It is the existence of the True Self within the Universal Self …

[The secret of the Tower is h]ow to permanently exist beyond duplexity, antithesis, or trouble. This is not an easy concept, I know. Imagine being able to feel with all of your senses the relentless alien terror that is God and your place in it, which is everywhere and therefore nowhere, and realizing that it means the total dissolution of your individuality into boundless being. Imagine that and then still being able to say “I”. The “I” is the Tower.”
>>
>>340739496
What's the trade off for achieving CHIM anyway? You don't even get any godly abilities for it, just a constant danger of vanishing into nothingness.
Also, if the God generating the Elder Scrolls universe is dreaming then surely it'll wake up someday?
>>
I wish the Dragonborn dlc didn't retcon the destruction of Morrowind to leave Redoran virtually unscathed and the mainland to be mostly inhabitable.

I enjoyed the concept that everything I loved about Morrowind was lost forever. It fit well with the direction the series was taking from the point of view of the gameplay.
>>
>>340739817
you get the ability to do absolutely anything as long as it doesn't break the universe's suspension of disbelief
>>
>>340739817
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/tower
>>
>>340739687
You mean fan-canon interpretation on reddit of vague bullshit and Michael Kirkbride, a narcissist and an asshole who was no longer even on the writing team when he gave that explanation?

Real good credentials for that theory, bro.
>>
>>340740168

Nigger CHIM is literally mentioned in Mankar Camorans book in oblivion and the black books of Hermaes Mora mention the godhead
>>
File: 1429398881368.gif (4 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1429398881368.gif
4 MB, 200x200
>>340740168
Someone get this outlander out of here.
>>
>>340740168
He's been on the writing team for Oblivion and Skryim too, champ. If they didn't like what he was writing they wouldn't keep hiring him.

I'm also pretty sure the reason he doesn't work there full time is disagreements with other writers. No idea who exactly, but I'm betting Emil Pagliarulo is one of them.
>>
>>340738953
What was in ESO?
>>
>>340740459
He left literally during Morrowind's development. His only influence on further games is being allowed to write a few books for the newer ones, but he's not an employee. I'd hardly consider him "hired".

And yeah, the reason he left is almost certainly the fact that he's a massive asshole, you can see that in the way he lords around the elder scrolls reddit as if he's a god.

He's just an egotist who latched onto this shit because he has nothing else. He literally gets people banned if they so much as mention the fact he has no actual authority on what is and is not canon.

He peaked during the writing of Morrowind, and he can't let go, so he's delusional clinger-on.

You fucks need to stop giving him credit so he'll finally just go away, stop writing fanfiction, and move on with his life.
>>
File: 1339299561362.jpg (62 KB, 493x387) Image search: [Google]
1339299561362.jpg
62 KB, 493x387
>>340740168
>this mad Kirkbride styled on him

Someone get this n/wah outta here, he's lost his composure.
>>
>>340740881
>Implying c0da wasn't his peak
>>
>>340737565
First time playing

>go all the way out to the middle of absolutely fucking nowhere for Fighter's Guild quest
>get in there and some goober summons a monster
>it keeps attacking me and at the end of the fight my strength and endurance are fucking 0
>decide to bite the bullet and teleport using divine intervention to get a healer for damaged attributes
>cannot move anywhere
>drop all my shit
>still cannot move fucking anywhere

What in fucks name am I supposed to do
>>
>>340739817
You become a deity within the world, but you can't do anything that'd "break the rules".

Which still gives you quite a lot of freedom considering that a lot of weird, fucked up and normally impossible shit is normal in Mundus.
>>
>>340741127
>Implying anyone beyond the most dedicated bootlicking autists is fully aware of what that is.
His peak being fanfiction instead of actual work he's done on a game is pretty pathetic.

I refuse to even read it because I don't want to become one have his brainwashed faggot flock who start chirping about his antics as if it has any bearing on the actual lore of this series.
>>
For some strange reason I enjoyed playing this more on the xbox hueg than on PC.
>>
File: (You).png (197 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
197 KB, 500x332
>>340741513
c0da is canon, lad, which means TESO is canon, too.
>>
>>340741513
Why are you so fucking mad? Seriously, you're acting like a total fucking sperg so you don't get the right to call people who enjoy this shit autists. I couldn't give less of a fuck if his work is "canon" or not, that doesn't stop it existing and it's not like this shit has ever been really crucial to the plot of TES games. I like reading them because his stuff is very unique and he has some expansive ideas on all the metaphysics.
>>
File: Seyda Neen.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Seyda Neen.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>340741216
sounds like a bug related to drain strength. I think it's supposed to go away when they die but it doesn't. Try resting for a couple hours. If not, then see if you have anything to drink that gives +strength, like any alcoholic drink. Otherwise,

Open the console with ~ and type "tgm" without quotes, walk to a shrine and restore attributes, open the console and type "tgm" again to turn it off

You should ALWAYS carry with you a custom made restoration spell that restores all attributes by like 20 for 1 second. Super useful. I think the mages' guild people in Balmora might sell some of those spells, and there's a spellmaker there. At least restore strength. Check the temple, maybe they sell the spells there. I know for a fact someone in Fort Pelagiad sells restore strength. If nothing else, carry some stoneflower petals, or craft some potions to restore strength. Someone in the Balmora temple sells the petals, or you can gather them yourself as you walk.
>>
What is essential alchemy? What ingredients are worth stopping for?
>>
I want to play morrowind do i need any mods to make it fun?
>>
>>340737565

>Dagoth Ur
>Dagoth Ur
>Dagoth Ur
>Dagoth Ur
>Dagoth Ur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l83vT2svg3g
>>
>>340739496
do you have any evidence or are you just pulling things out of your ass?
>>
>>340741675
The reason I'm sperging out is because every time I used to hear people bring that guy's name up non-retards would just snort at them and tell them to fuck off.

Nowadays that's not happening anymore because the bulk of visitors to these threads have been replaced by you naive fresh-faced tards, and it's ridiculous. There's actual canon shit to talk about, when you yap about that manchild's work you confuse others as to what is actually true and continue the cycle of kids thinking that shit is genuine.

What is happening is people get absorbed with Elder Scrolls lore because they have an inquisitive spirit, and then they get sucked into that egotists sphere of bullshit and they come out speaking of his "le deep and philosophical metaphysics" with a smug attitude, made more annoying by the fact that what they're talking about is, as I said like three times before, literally fanfiction with no bearing.

Go start a Morrowind fanfiction thread over on /lit/ or something if you want to talk about that shit.
>>
>>340742018
Alchemy is so broken in this game. Anyone has this screen when anon described how he raised his STR to like bazillion and caused the game to crash by strucking Dagoth Ur with the hammer?
>>
>>340742193
Yes. Sadly, the game didn't age well. Just google some tips what mods to use and you should be fine.
>>
>>340742328
this is sad
>>
>>340742328
Holy shit you're a retard. Who actually gives a fucking shit what Todd Howard decides is "canon" or not? How does that have any fucking bearing upon the quality of it?

The only interesting shit in the TES lore is shit like CHIM and the missing God. The rest is generic Tolkienesque crap. If this shit offends you so much then fuck off, because enjoying this shit is now the popular opinion within these threads. And if I'm honest with you, I can't even remember a period where "non-retards would just snort at them and tell them to fuck off."
>>
>>340742461
cheers
>>
File: Be skeptical.jpg (58 KB, 938x477) Image search: [Google]
Be skeptical.jpg
58 KB, 938x477
>>340742328
>Bandwagon argumentum ad populum
>Ton of insults
>Stop liking what I don't like
>Admits to browsing reddit
>Asserting that people would become misled upon reading what Kirkbride wrote
>More assertions about "naive-fresh-faced tards".

Oh man. Who vested you with the authority to show us poor sods the way, huh? How about you take your spergtantrum and show yourself out with it in tow? What is "more annoying" or "less annoying" to you is of absolutely no bearing on consequence to anyone here. And that is not an assertion.
>>
>>340742525
I know it is. It makes me fucking sad every time one of you show up in these threads with your nonsense.

Tell me, do you think it's canon?

No just sitting back and saying "B-but you're an autist!", actually tell me if you think this shit is canon and worth talking about.

>>340742742
I'll say this, the stuff Kirkbride talks about is interesting enough, nothing wrong with it's quality.

The sticking point for me is that people put it on a pedestal as if he has more credibility than anyone else, which is wrong.

Fucking lore *you* decide to just start making up is just as valid as his.

What he's got going for him is a cult of personality dedicated to his shit to the point they don't realize that.
>>
>>340743040
now its funny
>>
File: 20160610180724_1.jpg (99 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
20160610180724_1.jpg
99 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>340743040
>canon and worth talking about.

How can I get this through your thick fucking skull? Nobody gives a shit if it's canon or not. Something can be not canon and worth talking about. Guess what this is? It's put on a pedestal because it's unique and has a lot of thought put into it, that's all there is to it. Fuck off.
>>
>>340738263
>sotha sil
Why? He helped vivec and almalexia to kill you.
>>
File: sadjak.jpg (7 KB, 184x200) Image search: [Google]
sadjak.jpg
7 KB, 184x200
>mfw you got the savior's hide but it's too ugly
>>
>>340743680
If only magical items didn't have that bloody glace on them I'd use them more.
>>
>>340743680
I just wear the most good looking armor desu

Indoril armor is too good looking for me to start wearing ugly Royal Guard armor
>>
>>340743740
There's a little mod for that. Can't remember the name tho
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppSPsvO19dU
>>
I recall MK releasing a cartoon with him burning the concepts of "Lore" and "Canon".

Shortly after that C0DA was moved to the from the lore forum to the fanfic section of the official Bethesda forum.That probably did not work as intended.

If the C0DAfags weren't such insufferable cunts they would have a place in the lore community.

Now they are relegated to teslore on reddit and TIL.
>>
>>340744083
Do Russians really do dubbing for EVERYTHING? I know Germans do.
>>
>>340744083
ive listened to this every day for the past week
>>
>>340744209
Russians don't learn english in school. (Or anywhere, really).
>>
>>340744132
the bethesda forums are a retard filled dungeon though.
>>
>>340743740
not being 14 and having all gear enchanted just so it is all uniform so you look cool
>>
>>340744270
But we do. And 1c localization of Morrowind was quite good. Own the CD actually, ended up buying three of them over the years because one exploded in my drive, I lost the other one and the third is the one I've used ever since then to play the game. That is until my drive died, then I just pirated it.

t. russian
>>
What is a build to become a massive jew money hoarder
>>
File: Numidium.png (1 MB, 865x1320) Image search: [Google]
Numidium.png
1 MB, 865x1320
>All these barbarian swine clinging to their shitty false reality
>>
>>340744898
For that all you need is the tools. Any build can acquire them. Telekinesis spell to steal from right under the NPC noses, by positioning yourself cleverly. Levitation to get the good stuff that's hidden away in daedric shrines, mark and recall, almsivi and divine intervations to travel quickly. Mysticism in general is a great school, so you could choose to major in it to save the training costs early on if getting as much dosh as possible as easily as possible is your main concern. You can also get mercantile but it's usually unnecessary, just use the Scamp or the Crab.
>>
>>340744374
So it was a good thing MK got C0DA demoted there?

It used to be their sword and shield "C0DA and MKs stuff is in the OFFICIAL Forum."
Without that bit of stature the fanfic tag sticks.
>>
>>340744132
People do not understand c0da
It's not fighting Bethesda Canon or anything of that sort, it if starting the obvious which is not so obvious fot some reason... That fiction is fucking made up and ultimately the largest part of interpretation of fiction is on reader, you makes the fictional world yours and the world in your mind will always be personalized. Canon is not actually a physical thing that can stop your imagination, it's just a frame of reference that writers of the game use and obviously a frame you need to consider.
>>
>>340745021
All these Merrish hicks holding onto a sweet lie over a bitter truth.
>>
>>340745834
Anyone who ever said c0da is canon is retarded and didn't get c0da
>>
>>340745834
the point of c0da as far as i understood it is that canon doesn't really matter
>>
>>340746103
That's what it is basically, and not in a
>HA CANON IS SHIT
Way, but literally in the midst obvious
>Even canon is fiction
It's a statement to toxic state of community at that point more than anything
>>
>>340745875
Bethesda uses the Schroedingers cat method of lore.
Until Bethesda opens the box all possibilities are true.

C0DA fags don't want C0DA to be part of the lore they want it to be the lore.
In my game Vivec is dead.C0DAfags will fight this idea tooth and nail.They want their headcanon to trump all.
>>
>>340746323
Who THEY? I was the fag that's czxz made first c0da thread on /v/ and I like Bethesda's handling of canon AND I CERTAINLY don't wanted to let to fuck with your vision.
C0da was made to deal with guys that say "nuh uh Vivec is not ded".
>>
>>340746323
what you dont understand is that calling c0da 'non canon' or 'fanfic' does nothing to damage it, if in your game vivec died then he died, if in my game he turned into a mudcrab and lived out the rest of eternity on a rocky beach then thats what he did, thats all that c0da says, you can ignore it if you want but you dont have to be obnoxious and detract from other peoples discussion.
>>
Did Dagoth Ur technically do anything wrong? He's a swell guy
>>
File: 1465258565307.jpg (160 KB, 640x857) Image search: [Google]
1465258565307.jpg
160 KB, 640x857
>It's a Morrowind thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZTKq7bxFDw

Quick, what are your two favorite races?
Dunmer and Khajiit
>>
>>340737565
>favourite faction
Imperial Legion
>favourite god
Talos
>favourite weapon
Chrysamere
>favourite town
Gnisis
>favourite house
Redoran/Dres
>>
>>340746982
Breton and Dunmer
>>
>>340746852
He almost conquered the world and would indoctrinate everyone into his shitty semi mutant semi hive mind house
>>
>>340747259
but everybody would've been divine anon , don't you want to be divine
>>
>>340737565
>favourite faction
Morag Tong/Imperial Legion

>favourite god
Vivec

>favourite weapon
Chrysamere

>favourite town
Balmora

>favourite house
Redoran or Telvanni. Redoran for their ideals but Telvanni for that sweet architecture, I'm always wowed by how alien it all feels in their territories
>>
daily reminder that sotha sil returns in the next TES game
>>
File: scum.png (682 KB, 1152x288) Image search: [Google]
scum.png
682 KB, 1152x288
>Morrowind had better looking character faces than Oblivion
can't make this shit up
>>
>>340747259
He barely controlled 10% of a backwater province.
I jumped down to the heart and he jumped into the volcano.
This is who was besting the vaunted Tribunal a guy who was beaten by a lack of guardrails.

Not impressed.
>>
>>340746829
Of course calling something what it is can not damage it.

Trying to elevate it into something it is not can.
>>
File: shit.png (12 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
12 KB, 205x246
Am I the only one who likes all TES games?
>>
>>340748076
In the land of the /v/irgins you are a minority.
In the real world it is not uncommon.
>>
>>340748076
I equally enjoy Skyrim for its updated engine and modding potential, however, I greatly miss many of Morrowind's gameplay and RPG mechanics
>>
>>340748076
not possible to like arena, and daggerfall would be decent if it wasn't buggy as fuck
>>
>>340747771
Lore=|=game representation
Final days of morrowind main quest are meant to be horrific with all forces divine and army trying to hold host ghost fence
Also he was building numidium 2.0, as in device stronger than gods and even original numidium since actual heat of lorkhan would be used as it's tonal core
>>
>>340747357
Not if I have no free will
>>
>>340737565
skyrim was better
>>
File: 1426361771586.gif (1 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1426361771586.gif
1 MB, 300x300
>>340737565
I really tried liking Morrowind, but your character not only walks at a fucking snail's pace, but combat is the most unfun I've experienced in an RPG for quite a while. And the writing is also nothing outstanding as far as I played.

How is anyone supposed to enjoy this without nostalgia lenses?
>>
>>340748443
I could never get into Daggerfall because of the butt fucking difficulty and my dislike of the random generation.
>>
>>340747973
anyone who tries to tell you that c0da is canon didnt understand c0da
>>
>>340748774
I played it in 2012 for the first time with no expectations and became a diehard lorefag because of it
I guess once you power through initial clunkiness the atmosphere and works just absorbs you, it's great works design
>>
>>340748374
Skyrim was meh RPG wise, but I actually enjoyed the lore and knowing the aftermath of the Morrowind events
>>
>>340748471
I know.
I still get a chuckle when I think of the difference between the buildup and payoff.
Him going "Uhh" every few seconds in the lava as I casually explored his base will always stick with me.
>>
>>340749092
That was mostly thanks to Mk Dominion lore and TES books though
>>
>>340748774
Slow movement is actually an important part of the game. If you have mark, recall, both teleports, a decent levitation spell, and boots of blinding speed, the game becomes pretty short. It also helps to know the appropriate fast travel stations like boats and silt striders.
>>
>>340748774
if you walk diagonally you move faster, youll also level athletics and speed as the game progresses, as for the writing that gets more interesting the further you progress, but the main draw of the game is exploring the world/lore, if you cant have fun doing that then you wont have fun with the game.
>>
>>340749007
I find it cool and all that instead of trees we get giant ass mushrooms and colossal bugs for transport. But that's about it.

It's a lot of empty roads that my character all but crawls through. Some lady on the road gave me her left glove to seduce the guy who robbed her, and the mage's guild quests are literal fetch quests with no flavor to them. I guess I pranked one of the mages with a fake soul gem, but it all feels so lifeless and still. Kinda like Skyrim, but in a different way
>>
>>340749147
He is meant to be unbeatable/nigh omnipotent at that point too
It's hilarious
>>
>>340748774
I played Oblivion before Morrowind and I love Morrowind. Oblivion is just incredibly dull in comparison.
>>
>>340749195
I meant the whole Dragonborn and Vampires in the DLCs and the Dragons in the MQ

shame the story itself was shit
>>
>>340749147
>>340749549
>Implying this doesn't translate into how badass the Nerevarine was - grabbing a closest being to an actual God in Morrowind, throwing it into lava and drowning him in it, locking his physical shell in a perpetual cycle of death and regeneration while the Nerevarine himself went to look around the place and fiddle with the tools.
>>
>>340749306
I had the opposite feeling
Quests had flavor to them, and as for giant banners and tree mushrooms and walking bugs... What made it real for me was that those trees actually had lore tied to them, that symbology on temples was real and had faux history.
I guess I felt really at home because I am a table top rpg fag.
>>
>>340749610
How is Oblivion dull in comparison?

One quest I will never forget in my life is the first quest you get from the Mage's guild at the capital, in which what'shisface tells you fetch his ring in the well, then some other mage warns you that it's dangerous. You instantly expect monsters or something, but it turns out, as you dive inside the well, that the ring weighs like a full set of plate armor, and the body of the previous aspiring mage is right next to it.

That is a great twist and fun theming on top of it. On Morrowind, in Balmora the quest is a literal fetch quest, then swapping a soul gem that I haven't seen if anything comes from it, and then yet another fetch quest.

Granted, that's one example, but that is my experience with it.
>>
>>340749619
Fuck, I would share depth of lore that they actually did in dragon born dlc but I am on mobile and this is pain
Skyrim had good new lure
>>
>>340749753
Once the tools were used and the heart disappears, Ur stops being immortal, so no, he would die in lava like Koji Kabuto.
>>
>>340750246
Never said he'd survive past that.
>>
>>340750246
Heart was freed as stated by Azura... Which is good for lorkhan.
>>
>>340750165
Yeah, but you're comparing the best of Oblivion to the worst of Morrowind.
>>
>>340750035
I'm a big sucker for table top RPG as well, but that doesn't make me enjoy a game solely on lore.
>>
>>340750459
So the Mage's Guild questline is trash in Morrowind?

Well fuck me, that's my main source of fun from these games.
>>
>>340750570
I didn't say that.
>>
>>340750643
Then for how long am I just gonna get fetch quests from the Mage's Guild?
>>
>>340746982
dunmer and dunmer
>>
File: 1459573287211.jpg (26 KB, 439x411) Image search: [Google]
1459573287211.jpg
26 KB, 439x411
>>340748575
>He thinks he has free will
>>
>>340746982
Breton and Argonian
>>
>>340750743
Until you are in charge.
>>
>>340750743
for as long as you are a low ranked shitter, basically
>>
>>340750765
Dunm and dunmer.
>>
>>340751135
Not
Dum and Dumner.
You had one job anon.
>>
>>340742193
no
i played for the first time a couple months ago without any mods and loved it. i dont understand why everyone says you need mods to enjoy it, you really don't.
>>
File: 1463980028838.png (291 KB, 466x411) Image search: [Google]
1463980028838.png
291 KB, 466x411
>>340751126
>>340751072
Well. Fuck being a mage, then.

Time to re-roll
>>
File: 1419040248690.jpg (60 KB, 426x571) Image search: [Google]
1419040248690.jpg
60 KB, 426x571
>>340751135
>>
>>340751268
You can find mage related quests from others sources in the games. Join Telvanni for example!
>>
File: 1393979857058.jpg (108 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1393979857058.jpg
108 KB, 400x400
>>340751268
N'wahs gonna N'wah.
>>
>>340751418
Telvanni is the way to go for mage.
They put effort into that questline.
>>
>>340751418
Should probably quit mages guild then since Telvanni hate them.

Archmage makes you kill Telvanni councillors.
>>
>>340751418
yeah, telvanni has the most interesting cast of characters, my favorite faction by far
>>
>>340750743
As long as you are in Balmora. The Morrowind Mage's Guild is easily one of the worst questlines in the TES games I have played. The only interesting thing until you finish the questline is find a spy, and the others are just "go there kill x"

But to be honest, so are most of Morrowind's quests. It's in the DLCs that they shine
>>
File: morrowindspellcasting.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
morrowindspellcasting.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Uhhh....
>>
Do dropped items stay where they are forever, or disappear after a while?
>>
>>340743740
>Play Vanilla Morro
>Fuck yeah, Daedric artifact !
>Masque of Clavicus Vile
>Those little clumps of hair
>Texture with alpha mask
>Enchant glance overlaps the alpha
>flat polygons of glance emerging from the sides of the mask
>sell that fucking shit because it's too ugly
>>
I like Daggerfall better.
>>
>>340753771
Cool.
>>
>>340748774
Being an early level character in Morrowind is a casual filter

The part inbetween being shit and being an overpowered demigod hero with game breaking powers is fun as fuck
>>
>>340737565
>favourite faction
House Dagoth
>favourite god
Dagoth Ur
>favourite weapon
Keening
>favourite town
Dagoth Ur
>favourite house
Dagoth
>>
Remember that if you don't like the telvanni you're an idiot
>>
>>340753946
nice meme
>>
>>340753903
The Morrowind Rebirth mod extends the sweetspot very very significantly with its balance changes
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 004.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 004.png
2 MB, 1600x900
Is there anything as awesome as collecting and displaying loot?

What crazy things do you collect? I collect literally anything I can think of that seems unique/interesting. Every single Ash Priest's soul in a Grand Gem? Sure, why not.
>>
>>340754127
it's not a meme, imperial dog
>>
>>340754293
>45 fps
>>
File: lore.jpg (93 KB, 403x558) Image search: [Google]
lore.jpg
93 KB, 403x558
>>340753528
>it actually works one time
>>
>>340737565
>>favourite faction
Ashlanders
>>favourite god
Alma would muatra if you catch my stride
>>favourite weapon
Anything spear/halberd
>>favourite town
Fort Frostmoth
>>favourite house
Indoril
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 017.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 017.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>340754520
The interior of Tel Magus being one large cell with a waterfall and other stuff makes it a bit of a performance hit.

If you think Morrowind performs well and stably, you've never played it.

More collections of random stuff!
>>
test
>>
>>340754296
Implying I'm siding with imperials
Dagoth Ur got pwned by some random outlander.

eat muatra you bitch
>>
>>340754825
>83 fps
>>
>>340737565

>Favorite house

Caldera clothier or the orc house
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 016.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 016.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>340755019
Yeah, it's inconsistent. That's my point.
>>
>>340754520
>>340755019

Modded morrowind is unoptimized as it can be.
It's easy to bitch about other's rig when you're still running vanilla because of your toaster
>>
>>340749216

>know the appropriate fast travel stations like boats and silt striders

this 100% tbqh
>>
File: canisroottea.png (180 KB, 400x558) Image search: [Google]
canisroottea.png
180 KB, 400x558
>>340754520
>>340755019
>2 shitposts
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 019.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 019.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>
File: REMOVE HLAALU.jpg (185 KB, 600x614) Image search: [Google]
REMOVE HLAALU.jpg
185 KB, 600x614
>>340737565
>>
>>340748774
>First time playing morrowind
>Start out argonian and do the starter quests
>Start walking and find some wierd cave
>Slap things with my dagger for half an hour and find a big ass sword inside
>Wreck things for the next 4 hours of gameplay
Idunno i loved that i could actually gain a ton of cool shit by exploring
>>
>>340738296

In Oblivion you can hear news from other provinces from NPC chatter. One of them says Vivec got taken by daedra during the Oblivion crisis.
>>
>>340751263
You don't NEED mods to enjoy this. It's just some things in Morrowind are outdated, even if you're looking through nostalgia glasses.
>>
>>340753528
The dice-based combat and spellcasting is the only reason I'm not playing Morrowind right now.
>>
>>340756076
what a cuck
>>
>>340756076
What?
Really?
Only morrowind references I remember was that the Nerevarine went to Akavir
>>
>>340756076
Lies started by the Temple to cover his death.
>>
>>340756543
why would they want to cover his death and how does the temple have power in cyrodill
>>
>>340737565
>Thieves Guild
>Vivec
>maces
>Suran
>Telvanni
>>
>>340756313
Which is probably just a clever way of Bethesda shitting on their userbase for being weebs
>>
What is the shittiest stronghold and why is it redoran?
>>
>>340758740
Because it's not Telvanni.
>>
File: 1465133789956.jpg (424 KB, 957x387) Image search: [Google]
1465133789956.jpg
424 KB, 957x387
>page 10
>>
>>340760580
To be fair, we've had a LOT of really active Morrowind threads recently. I know I'm pretty much all out of things I want to really discuss. .
>>
Could morrowind be legally played without buying it just by using replacers for literally everything?

Have enough replacers been made?
>>
Is it even worth playing a mage? I wonder if I should go Atronach Sign because magic doesn't regen anyway
>>
>>340761240
Without Atronach, I think it gets restored in your sleep
>>
>>340761387
Well, it's not very encouraging for a mage to use magic in Morrowind. That's my problem, really. Especially because they fucking fail after casting.
>>
>>340760846
Well let's discuss this. It never seems to get resolved.

Nord - Aryans
Breton - Celts
Redguard - sand niggers
Imperial - Romans
Altmer - nips
Bosmer - chinks
Dunmer - Jews
Orc - Mongols/Huns
Khajiit - gypsies
Argonian - niggers
>>
>>340761667
I always thought Bretons were supposed to be spaniards/italians.

And Argonians to be caribbeans.
>>
>>340761667
>Altmer
>not aryans
"okay"

Nord: Scandinavians
Breton: British
Redguard: niggers
Imperial: Roman
Bosmer: Either chinks or abos
Orc: niggers
khajiit: niggers
Argonian: OC do not steal
Nede: feather indians
>>
>>340761240
>>340761554
Just get alchemy and you'll be fine. The 50% spell absorption alone makes Atronach the best birthsign in the game, even for non-mages.
>>
>>340762061
Khajiit are definitely gypsies.
>>
>>340761667
Nords are the niggers of TES.
>>
>>340761667
Altmer are Chinese, Dunmer are Japanese
>>
>>340762236
It's kind of a pain in the ass. I think it is objectively the best sign but I'm still not the biggest fan.
>>
>>340762395
>>340762376

Explain these?
>>
>>340762395
>implying not exactly the reverse
>>
>>340762508
Not him but Dunmer does fit the nippons.

>traditionalists
>muh ancestors
>xenophobics
>it's stll an elf/asian all the same
>>
>>340762508
>Nords
>dumb as shit and always going ouga booga where the women at, which is why they constantly got tricked by witches in morrowind
>poor
>backwards as fuck, still living in huts and wearing animal pelts
>always going on about how they wuz emperors and shiet
>>
>>340741650

When did Bethesda say c0da was canon
>>
>>340763035
Sounds like white Americans to me.
>>
>>340755745
Its funny how in the later games they made exploration content out the ass but it was all undermined by scaled leveling so that super duper sword you just got becomes useless in a few levels or your level 1 dagger is useful till the end of time.
>>
>>340763157
My god the fucking bandits in Oblivion. And shit never got easier or harder because of the level scaling.
>>
File: I am the Eggman.jpg (95 KB, 658x800) Image search: [Google]
I am the Eggman.jpg
95 KB, 658x800
>>340763124
>Americans that go "MUH HERITAGE" namely with Nordics
Fits perfectly
>>
>>340763304
Level scaling is for faggots. I hated that shit.
>>
>>340755095
>>340754825
>>340754293
You put a lot of time in fiddling to get this right and it shows.
>>
>>340763035
Plus with the way things are portrayed in Skyrim you have only 2 relatively decent places to live.
Whiterun and Solitude which I guess are cities when compared to the other """cities""" which are basically villages or glorified shitty forts.
>>
>>340764024
>not living in god tier Markarth
>>
>>340764272
>god tier
>if you're not a merchant or connected to the nobility your life is hell
>>
File: 1339604137218.jpg (3 MB, 2500x1406) Image search: [Google]
1339604137218.jpg
3 MB, 2500x1406
Can some kind anons dump wallpapers?
>>
>>340764438
Yeah it's corrupt as fuck but I think being the Dragonborn also puts you on the level of living comfortably there. I really do hate how shitty the guards and nobles are there desu because it's comfy as fuck appearance-wise.
>>
>>340764582
When will Elder Scrolls have cities that actually have this many buildings? This version of Balmora isn't even particularly huge, but it's big enough to look like an actual town and it would not be at all outside of Bethesda's abilities to create. They'd just have to be less lazy.
>>
File: 1423812497483.jpg (2 MB, 1836x1030) Image search: [Google]
1423812497483.jpg
2 MB, 1836x1030
>>340764739
That would be great if they'd do that. I was thinking precisely that when I posted it. The biggest Bethesda city in a TES game is probably, what .. Whiterun or Vivec? And they still aren't huge, or as big as they should be.
>>
>>340764739
>wanting to navigate such a huge area
Imagine if Caius Cosades was buried somewhere in that shithole; even if you had all of it discovered, just finding his mark on the minimap would be a dickpain

That said though, Obli and Skyrim really have no excuse because quest markers
>>
>>340764951

Mournhold is pretty big.
>>
File: daggerfall_city_map.jpg (163 KB, 892x823) Image search: [Google]
daggerfall_city_map.jpg
163 KB, 892x823
>>340764739
>When will Elder Scrolls have cities that actually have this many buildings?

20 years ago.
>>
>>340764951
I think TR adds a few cities larger than Vivec though
>>
>>340764739
>>340764582
>that feel when there's never going to be a TES city-building game
>>
WE WUZ ELVES
>>
>>340765083
Good call, and by the way I actually did play Daggerfall when it was new, it's just been so long that I had forgotten just how huge it is. Say what you want about that game (and whatever you have to say about it, you're probably right) but the ambition was mind-blowing, especially for the 90's.
>>
>>340764615
Well if you're the dragonborn then you're going to be comfortable anywhere. Mark on itself is a terrible place ruled by tyrants where slave labor is used to fuel the lifestyles of the upper class.
>>
File: wW5xF65.jpg (123 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
wW5xF65.jpg
123 KB, 400x400
>>340763035
lol
>>
>>340737565
DELETE THIS
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 010.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 010.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>340763613
Surprisingly, it's not too hard. It's fun, though.
>>
>>340738162
you clearly know nothing about the lore.
>>
>>340765525
That is a god tier helmet collection, anon. Is that yours or a saved pic?

Most of the helms look retarded but that pic has the good ones. My current character is wearing one of those gondolier hats. No armor, of course, but I like it.
>>
So, what are people using for player homes? I've just been using the dead guy's house in Balmora, but I would kind of like to set my own place up.
>>
>>340765009
>finding his mark on the minimap

anon, please
>>
I'm gonna do a Daggerfall first playthrough. Is there anything unviable in the game or can I just go whatever and enjoy it?
>>
File: Telvanni Skirts.jpg (256 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
Telvanni Skirts.jpg
256 KB, 700x800
Hlallu a shit, Telvanni a shit, Redoran stands strong
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 003.png (3 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 003.png
3 MB, 1600x900
>>340765654
Those are all the "unique" helmets (basically, normal helmet models, but with a special item name/ID), paired with the selections from various mods (hence the dupes).

Anything that seems unique or interesting, I tend to keep.
>>
>>340765864
>wandering around some huge city for fifteen minutes instead
>>
>>340765858
I use the great house stronghold you get.
>>
>>340764615
I like Dwemer design too, but the people living there make it a complete shithole with fucking cannibals roaming around freely.
Unless you're some godlike being like the Dragonborn you're fucked.
>be guard assigned to guard museum
>get killed by pet spider robot because the mage's nephew was feeling particularly angsty that day
Fuck Markarth and fuck linking your feelings to robots.
>>
>>340766283
>unable to follow the directions in your journal to find them
>>
>>340765984
Not really, you should be fine with any build that doesn't immediately feel like a bad idea. I'd suggest checking out UESP to get a hang of the game though.
>>
>>340737565
Wtf is going on in this pic
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.