[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most developers would do anything have what nintendo currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 23
Most developers would do anything have what nintendo currently has
>Recognisable Franchise
>A tonne of green saved in the fault
>Legacy
>The best developers hired
>An orchestra and conductor that has the talent to make the best soundtracks in the business

But they churn out bullshit like this? Just how though?
>>
>>339600120
Nintendo is a boutique company essentially, they cater to the specific tastes of their costumers, such as the people who enjoy Paper Mario. This is also why games on Nintendo consoles are 60fps, they know that's what their audience prefers. They don't go for mass market appeal like mainstream developers who are run/funded by corporations like Sony or Microsoft, for whom video games are just a branch of their business.
>>
The problem with Sticker Star, and the problem that this game is going to have, isn't in the presentation. It has polish out the wazoo, and is going to be pleasant to look at and listen to.

The problem is playing the game is a fucking bummer, and no amount of money you throw at something is going to fix a fundamentally bad game
>>
File: 1420629961863.jpg (50 KB, 439x406) Image search: [Google]
1420629961863.jpg
50 KB, 439x406
>Maybe two minutes of footage total seen so far.
>"It's shit."
>>
Miyamoto has gone senile
>>
>>339601650
see
>>339601462
>>
File: 1390138758653.jpg (111 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1390138758653.jpg
111 KB, 900x675
>>339601879

>Hasn't even touched the game yet.
>"It's shit."
>>
>>339601963
The one mechanic that everyone hated about Sticker Star is shown to be back in the trailer. That's all you need to know about the game.
>>
Think they'll drop the ball again with the NX?

The Wii U had great games, but everything was handled so badly.
>>
>>339602481
I have absolutely no doubt they'll fuck up it again. Nintendo has no idea what they're doing at all anymore.
>>
>>339601963
We've seen enough to know it's Sticker Star 2 and that means it'll be shit.
>>
>>339602620
i'll be happy if its not a wannabe pc
peripherals are fine if they are optional
>>
>>339602170
The reason people hated it was because you were wasting stickers and you only got money from doing battles. You're a fucking retard though, so who cares.
>>
>>339600120
>all that greentrext

This is what nintendolts believe
>>
File: vCGL2Bm.png (2 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
vCGL2Bm.png
2 MB, 1440x900
>>339603169
>you were wasting stickers
Exactly.
>>
>>339603419
Your picture only shows the player getting 3x stickers and nothing else.
>>
>>339603475
Why would he get more than one if you couldn't use them up?
>>
>>339603560
But you don't know how the stickers are used up, maybe if you fail using it it doesn't get used, maybe there's a chance it gets used, maybe stickers have been converted to supers only, maybe stickers are items like in paper mario, maybe something else. Who the fuck knows at this moment, at least from a fucking picture with literally zero information in it.
>>
>>339602895
>One of those "you don't have to play it to know it's shit" retards
Reminder that everyone thought Doom was shit at first. I hate /v/.
>>
File: Sticker Star final boss.jpg (15 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
Sticker Star final boss.jpg
15 KB, 290x174
>>339601462
Remember me?

Sticker Star is not a bad game, despite what the whining from the very vocal minority of classic fans will tell you.
>>
>>339603720
"Worn-Out Jump" is literally the basic jump command from the first 2 Paper Mario games. If you need stickers to use the basic attack, then all that stuff you listed isn't going to happen.
>>
>>339603897
Oh shit anon were were talking about the first 2 paper mario games? OH we weren't?
>>
>>339603002
The issue with that is that less people will put work into making it compatible. Nintendo could do the most amazing things with the next peripheral but since it's not the default no-one would care.
Not that I'd actually mind that much, but Nintendo surely doesn't just want to become exactly just like its competitors.
>>
They pretty much have the same developers as they did back in the glory days (just moved around into worthless departments, like what the remnants of R&D1 are doing now for example) so it has to be management. They must constantly be interfering with the developers, leading to soulless, uninspired games and low morale.
>>
File: 0t3b9.gif (349 KB, 176x164) Image search: [Google]
0t3b9.gif
349 KB, 176x164
>>339603743

Then why are the reviews and user scores are so bad?

Aren't you the small vocal minority that actually likes the game?
>>
>>339604001
It doesn't fucking matter if we were or weren't. We could be talking about any game. The point is that the game is a JRPG where you need a consumable item to do the basic fucking attack.
>>
>>339603743
>Remember me?
no
>>
>>339604287
Except you still don't know that you stupid fuck. You only know that the player got 3X stickers. THAT'S LITERALLY ALL YOU KNOW.
>>
>>339603736
Doom was shit
>>
File: 1464761541799.png (109 KB, 358x358) Image search: [Google]
1464761541799.png
109 KB, 358x358
>>339603743
>Bowser is the final boss!
>And he is using the main gimmick of the game to power himself up!
>>
>>339604147
The game is easily one of the most difficult Nintendo games you can buy right now. Most people have a lot of trouble wrapping their heads around it, which is why we continue to see on /v/ complain about inane things about the game that don't make a whole lot of sense, since most of the complainers never made it past the first two worlds.

I especially like how people try and pretend SS didn't sell well (It did) and that nobody liked the changes they made to the game (They do)

The game just doesn't appeal to the autistic lorefag audience, which is why the game gets an unfair rap online.
>>
>>339604449
3 fucking Jump stickers. Are you retarded?
>>
>>339604287
Look the games not out yet. How do you know it's going to be shit, despite the last one doing the exact same thing. Just stop trying to get it changed and let the dev do what they do best.
>>
>>339604580
No but you are since you've somehow learned everything there is to know about the game from a single picture.
>>
>>339604635
>despite the last one doing the exact same thing
The last one was shit.
>>
>>339603720
When the guy who shat on your chest last week is making the same movements and you see something brown coming out of his ass, I'm going to assume it's shit and he didn't stick a log of fudge in there.

It's entirely possible it's fudge, but it definitely don't look it.
>>
File: 1409413796809.jpg (11 KB, 161x161) Image search: [Google]
1409413796809.jpg
11 KB, 161x161
>>339604579
>The game is easily one of the most difficult Nintendo games you can buy right now.
I want casuals to leave
>>
>>339604745
V I D E O G A M E S C O M P A R I S O N
>>
>>339604550
>Meowser
any other instances?
>>
>>339600463
Is this bait?
>>
>>339604579
>The game is easily one of the most difficult Nintendo games you can buy right now.
>Bosses are damage sponges unless you use that one sticker against them, in which case they become piss easy
>You have zero reason to engage in battles
>>
>>339604097
It's also Nintendo's corporate culture and aging old guard who are part of the problem.

Games like Splatoon show that there's still a lot of great new ideas and passionate developers at Nintendo. But as long as their really big and infamous IPs are held in lock-down by the likes of Miyamoto, Aonuma, Sakamoto and Tanabe they'll never be able to get out of their current rut.

Not that those people haven't made good games, they've made some of the best in the industry, but these guys are in their 50's and 60's now. They've been developing games since the 80's and have stayed mostly on the same franchises, they're long past their prime and aren't bringing any worthwhile new ideas to their current projects.
>>
>>339605074
Sakamoto has jumped franchises some, he was behind Tomodachi Life and Rhythm Heaven. Miyamoto's worked on a variety of things though in recent years he does stay on the same few.

Can't think of anything not Zelda Aonuma did but Marvelous.
>>
>>339604834
This is actually a good example of what I'm talking about: Most of Sticker Star's critics refer to the 'dumbed down' mechanics as a reason to justify their outrage, but in reality, SS is up and away the most technical game in the franchise. The most notable positive changes are the vastly improved overworld designs, which make actually traversing the areas fun, creative, and fast paced, VERY unlike TTYD's dialogue heavy, backtrack padding, no gameplay design.

And of course, the often reviled Sticker System is, in fact, nothing more the system of the first two games used in a way that limits the use of all of your best attacks.
>>
>implying the last year + of wii u games haven't been thrown to the Z-teams, while everyone else works on NX games
>>
>every Toad will look the same and have no personality
>they will all make that annoying fucking sound
>it will have tryhard "theatre" cutscenes
>Peach will do her Mario yell copypasted from the DS New Super Mario
>>
>>339603736
>Reminder that everyone thought Doom was shit at first.
That was the multiplayer, and surprise, it's still shit. To Id's credit, that's the fault of the slavic team in charge of it.
>>
>>339603736
I have played Sticker Star. It is irredeemable garbage. Color Trash is the same thing so of course it'll be shit.
>>
>>339605260
Yeah, because using flower points was not ok?
>>
File: hate.png (13 KB, 256x223) Image search: [Google]
hate.png
13 KB, 256x223
>>339605260
I don't usually get mad on this site, but people like you are ruining the video game industry. I'm fucking done with this thread.
>>
>>339605260
The story and exploration were the main reasons why I liked the previous Paper Mario games. Sticker Star was bland and boring in that regard, despite having a decent aesthetic.
>>
>>339605420
This, it didn't help that Bethesda's marketing was incredibly shitty like they were actively sabotaging the game.
>>
>>339605260
>And of course, the often reviled Sticker System is, in fact, nothing more the system of the first two games used in a way that limits the use of all of your best attacks.
There's nothing in common with the sticker system and the system in the first two games besides both having a jump attack and hammer attack, and Sticker Star doesn't offer remotely the same level of variety or customization the first two games in the series did. It's actually way fucking easier than any other game in the series, to the point the only enemies you should bother engaging with are the bosses.

Stop talking out of your ass.

>The most notable positive changes are the vastly improved overworld designs, which make actually traversing the areas fun, creative, and fast paced
"Use the bowling ball sticker on the bowling pins obstacle" is creative and interesting level design to you?
Every single region in Sticker Star is less interesting than its parallel in the original Paper Mario. It's a barebones platformer with non-puzzles.
>>
>>339605074
This is just plain retarded.

People are so stuck up on Sticker Star that they really fail to see the whole picture. Miyamoto has worked on games like Codename S.T.E.A.M relatively recently, and Star Fox Zero was great.

>>339604953
Again, another example of what I'm talking about. This simply isn't true. It's often very difficult to discern just what sticker would be effective against the boss, and requires quite a bit considering of the situation. There are times when you need to consider WHEN to use the sticker as well. It's a very deep system that's very satisfying to use.

And of course, the complaints about 'muh battles' is completely untrue since battling is what gets you coins, which helps you get a more varied collection of Stickers.
>>
>>339603743
The people who like Sticker Star are a vocal minority. Fuck off
>>
Because they are spread too thin because they are the only company that makes games for their systems.

Also their current fanbase is garbage and they know they don't have to try. It only has to be cute and mindlessly easy for their fans to like what they make.

Also gimmicks are required so the fans can call the detractors bigots and pretend Nintendo is the only innovator left.
>>
>>339605548
i have a feeling bethesda wanted it to 'fail' just to gut iD and only keep a skeleton crew to make game engines, too bad for bethesda they lost that autistic genius to facebook
>>
>>339605578
>SFZ was great
>Miyamoto worked on STEAM

Wow.
>>
>>339604579
Sticker Star was not difficult at all what the hell are you talking about? Difficult modern Nintendo games are things like The Wonderful 101, Xenoblade X and Tropical Freeze. Not fucking Sticker Star.
>>
I think the last Nintendo game I bought was SMM last year. I wanted to buy FF5 and FE fates but for whatever reason NoA decided to shit on those games. Don't even know if I'll buy the next Zelda game now that we know the Wii U is getting a gimped version while the NX will most likely get the definitive one.
>>
>>339605578
>It's a very deep system that's very satisfying to use.
LOL, I can't believe your are not baiting ahahahahahahahah I bet you post bananas on YLYL threads on /b/ too.
>>
File: 1462068199745.jpg (45 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1462068199745.jpg
45 KB, 500x375
>>339605260
>>
>>339605260
You might not believe it at first glance, but this is bait.
>>
>>339605578
>It's often very difficult to discern just what sticker would be effective against the boss, and requires quite a bit considering of the situation.
This is a really fancy way of saying trial and error with one-use attacks.

>And of course, the complaints about 'muh battles' is completely untrue since battling is what gets you coins, which helps you get a more varied collection of Stickers.
It's outright faster to just use the hidden power up blocks and overworld stickers to boost your collection than to deal with battles.
To effectively battle costs more than you receive for winning.

>Miyamoto has worked on games like Codename S.T.E.A.M relatively recently
Codename Steam was an Intelligent Systems game and directed by Paul Patrashcu. Miyamoto's not even listed in the credits as a producer.

>and Star Fox Zero was great.
It's average.
>>
>>339600463
>they cater to the specific tastes of Miyamoto and other senile grown men that are higher-ups

FTFY
>>
I could forgive everything else Sticker Star did if it had a fucking experience system.
Not increasing your skills makes battles absolutely fucking pointless. Why the fuck would I waste stickers when I'm not getting anything out of it? No bonuses, no stat increases, nothing. Why would you fight? For coins? To spend on what? Stickers that you find in the fucking overworld? No thanks. Fuck Sticker Star, fuck Color Splash, and fuck Miyamoto for what he did.
>>
>>339605260
You're just raking them (You)'s in. Good job.
>>
>>339605502
No, because it was a relatively simple thing to just use a recovery item and then start abusing your best attacks again .

>>339605506
Wow, how dare I defend games I like and appreciate.

>>339605534
Again, more proof that you didn't actually play it. Sticker Star does something I wish TTYD did more, and really emphasizes on giving the PLAYER the joy of getting through the areas. I'm thinking specifically of that great Haunted House level, which is very non linear and encourages a lot of exploration.

>>339605562
More proof that the critics didn't play it.
>>
Nintendo is making games for Nintendo, ignoring the fanbase and the gaming industry at large. You could say they've been doing this for 30 years now but it's become more apparent these last few years.
>>
>>339605260
The fuck are you talking about? SS was split into levels like a fucking nsmb game, and those weren't even that large. It made going through the game more splintered and LESS fun to go through

And you didn't mention a single mechanic that is supposedly improved. Because you know it's bullshit, the sticker system literally ruined combat
>>
>>339606076
>No, because it was a relatively simple thing to just use a recovery item and then start abusing your best attacks again .
Yeah sure, say that while battling the crystal king.
Also, you can carry only 10 items, so you have to carefully choose between HP recovery, FP recovery and other things.
Your bait is poor. In any case, even if fp were infinite, it would be still better than using "a specific sticker" against a boss. All the other battles are useless, so you don't even have to bother about using attacks.
>>
>>339606076
>More proof that the critics didn't play it.
I completed the whole game and even did that fucking Sticker museum.
I'm not taking a screenshot of my 3DS with a timestamp to convince you that the majority of players critical towards the game actually fucking played it.

It's a terrible hybrid of adventure games, platformers and rpgs that doesn't do any of those three genres any benefits. The platforming is as straight forward as you can get, the adventure game elements are more simplistic than even the first dungeons in the average Zelda game, it can't call itself a passable RPG when it has no story, silent characters and one of the worst battle systems to grace the genre.

If you like it and find it rewarding, then congratulations. You found one of the easiest games on the 3DS to be difficult and would rather play an awful action adventure game over a good jrpg.
>>
>>339606148
It made the game more condensed with more content.

You know how people hated MGSV for having a wide open world with nothing to do with it? SS is the polar opposite of that.
>>
>>339606459
There are other ways to exploit the combat in the first two games, most of which involve using badge combinations that anyone can figure out. Ten recovery items is more than enough to beat anything in the game relatively quickly.

>>339606527
I really doubt that, as I've explained in all of my previous posts.
>>
Tell me with a straight face that Color Splash can't take the Sticker Star formula, iron out its flaws and ultimately make for a fantastic game.
>>
File: Nintendo killing Paper Mario.png (2 MB, 1498x3344) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo killing Paper Mario.png
2 MB, 1498x3344
>Game is called 'Color Splash'
>"You must want a vibrant world full of cool characters!"
>Miyamoto puts a clamp on any new characters, and most of the old
>"But Miyamoto-san, just Toads isn't enough!"
>"You may have three colors of Toad"
>"B-but, Miyamoto-san... This is a huge step backwards..."
>"I HAVE SPOKEN!"
>>
>>339606953
It can't do it.
>>
It's sad that I could probably make a more engaging game than sticker splash, and I haven't even made any game period
>>
>>339606953
Sticker Stars battle system is fundamentally broken, and there's no story or cast to back it up.

Unless they hired real writers this time and changed the way the battles play completely then it's not going to be a notable improvement, and judging by the trailer that's not happening. The best case scenario is that they do away with the whole sticker idea and turn it into more of a card deck/battle network style where you can only use items once per battle but keep them when the battle is over, and that still leaves us with a battle system less engaging than TTYD's with the skeleton of a plot.

There's no way to make a Sticker Star sequel as interesting as the first three Paper Mario games unless you change it to the point it's not a Sticker Star sequel.
>>
>>339606953
They fucking can't. I haven't really talked about Color Splash at all, have I?

I fully expect the game to be much better received than Sticker Star already, especially if they take steps to make it more accessible to casual fans.
>>
>>339604147
>Then why are the reviews and user scores are so bad?
6 and 7 aren't bad scores, though.
>>
>>339606953
I think there are ways they could build from the SS formula and make an actually fantastic game, but I find it extremely unlikely, especially since it's not on 3DS again which likely will mean they'll laze out and put too much effort into graphics rather than actually making a good game, like most of the industry has done after the HD jump.

>>339607008
You're even worse than the guy defending SS in this thread.
>>
File: 1411954890336.png (3 KB, 324x424) Image search: [Google]
1411954890336.png
3 KB, 324x424
>>339606076
>Again, more proof that you didn't actually play it.
I did play it and beat it through. but hey, keep making assumptions you stupid nigger
>>
>>339607304
>especially if they take steps to make it more accessible to casual fans.
Why do you keep acting like Sticker Star was remotely challenging?
Have you never played an RPG before it? Pokemon is harder.
>>
>>339607485
>Pokemon is harder

Whoa anon, don't say things you can't take back.
>>
>>339607304
Why are you pretending SS wasn't casual? Its a baby's first RPG. There is no difficulty at all, and it certainly doesn't require anything beyond minimum skill and planning.
>>
>>339607449
In fact, it was one of games I brought a 3ds for and I was very dissapointed
>>
>>339603743
>Remember me?

No, because I put the game down 3/4th way through and never picked it up again because it was so disappointing and boring. Apparently Bowser doesn't even talk, so I'm not missing anything.
>>
So why exactly does Alpha Dream have more freedom with their Mario RPGs than Intelligent Systems?
>>
>>339607581
I'm completely serious.
At least Pokemon offers optional content that's harder than the main game and forces you to engage in actual dungeons with multiple enemies you're required to fight.

It's not like the bosses are any harder in Sticker Star. The instant kill weaknesses are just "use the sponge on the ink" and "use the baseball bat in the baseball field" instead of a type chart.
>>
>>339608196
Because the whole 'Miyamoto is bad!' narrative is just a meme.

He doesn't actually stop devs from doing what they want.
>>
>>339608196
They don't, it's just IntSys are shit. Miyamoto suggested some things for SS, but they had the choice to ignore them, and most decisions were their own.
>>
>>339608196
Because ISIS is incredibly incompetent at what they do.
>>
>>339608405
>>339608408
>there are still miyamoto dickriders

he made some interesting games in the 80's and 90's but he's well past his prime
>>
>>339608378
Anon, none of them are instant kill other than the first boss, they just cut the HP a ton or take away the huge bonuses the bosses have that make them otherwise nearly impossible.

I don't like SS either and find it one of the few games I dislike and would call outright bad and not just not for me, but did you play it?
>>
>>339600463
>they cater to the specific tastes of their costumers

Holy Nintendelusion.
>>
>>339608643
He is fairly past his prime.

It doesn't stop that IntSys are the ones who truly fucked up SS.
>>
>>339600120
However, Nintendo has another thing most decs would do anything for. They have an incredibly loyal fanbase. Nintendo fans are willing to buy almost anything with "Nintendo" on it.
>>
>>339600463
>they cater to the specific tastes of their costumers
#FE proves this is total bullshit.
>>
>>339604579
>backtracking to find [insert object] is difficult
No, it's just shit.
>>
>>339602481
The Wii U currently still not picking up followed by the constant decrease in interest from both parties indicates that Nintendo is either 1: they're giving up on the Wii U and putting all their focus on the NX and working these few months up until its release as hard as they fucking can or 2: they're doing absolutely nothing to guarantee that the disaster that was the Wii U isn't going to happen again, they're making another console weaker than the competition with an unremarkable gimmick that the general public will be indifferent towards, only this time it's not going to be called the ''Wii Us All''
>>
>>339608854
devs*
>>
>>339608656
>Anon, none of them are instant kill other than the first boss, they just cut the HP a ton or take away the huge bonuses the bosses have
And the battle rarely lasts long after that.
If you have the right sticker they'll be dead in a matter of turns, there's no threat of losing.

>that make them otherwise nearly impossible.
They're not overly hard, they just take fucking forever to kill otherwise because they have a ton of health.
I ignored the weaknesses on Ice Bowser and Petey because I didn't feel like backtracking for the right thing sticker. It's perfectly doable, I just can't recommend it because its takes a year and a day.
>>
>>339608883
>#FE proves this is total bullshit.
And Sticker Star, and Color Trash, and Fed Force, and Mario Party 10, and AC amiibo Festival...the list goes on.
>>
>ANOTHER MARIO GAME

>it'll be different, you guys
>y-you didn't play it yet
>>
File: 3.jpg (170 KB, 2556x3436) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
170 KB, 2556x3436
Heh, great thread, OP.

But why are Nintendo fans so obsessed with this 3 of mine?
>>
Who /loves generic toads/ here?
I love how they all look the same. It's amazing.
>>
>>339609063
SHIT
>>
>>339609063
Dayum
>>
File: 1413174968661.png (24 KB, 313x193) Image search: [Google]
1413174968661.png
24 KB, 313x193
A big thing that gets me about Sticker star, is that they made all of the attacks hit multiple enemies.

But then they also upped the amount of enemies per battles effectively nullifying that upside.
Why the fuck didnt they just have most moves be single target and have normal enemy amounts?
>>
>>339606076
>Again, more proof that you didn't actually play it. Sticker Star does something I wish TTYD did more, and really emphasizes on giving the PLAYER the joy of getting through the areas. I'm thinking specifically of that great Haunted House level, which is very non linear and encourages a lot of exploration.
The Enigmansion was the only good level in that game, and even then it wasn't that great.
>>
>>339600120
No sense in having two Mario RPG franchises at the same time.

Get the fuck over it already. It'll be a solid game at the very least, you don't dislike it because it's genuinely bad (not even out yet so how could you even make a fair judgement yet) you dislike it because it's [B] instead of [A] and it's not exactly what you wanted.
>>
File: 1462484268617.png (362 KB, 1018x686) Image search: [Google]
1462484268617.png
362 KB, 1018x686
>>339608196
That was a thing of the past, didn't you notice Paper Jam's NSMB overworld and the absence of RPG characters and story?
The combat is still good because they don't have Tanabe trying to force his Tingle game gameplay in it?
>>
>>339600120
Thats probably what I've been feeling wrong about Nintendo's games in recent years. They're replacing their gameplay with addictions from mobile games and p2p browser games.

>Use this Amiibo once a day for a boost
>Collect all 5 for ingame miniature model
>Find me and get a stamp
>Login once a day for bonus deal

Now that I'm looking at the New Paper Mario, it would make sense from its gameplay aspect to make you buy cardpacks to fill the 3 bars. Ofc it won't, but for how the gameplay is structured, it really looks like it was made to do so.
>>
>>339609651
>No sense in having two Mario RPG franchises at the same time.
Why not?
Both were excellent series and ones getting replaced by a far worse product.

>It'll be a solid game at the very least, you don't dislike it because it's genuinely bad
I don't like it because it's a sequel to a garbage game.
>>
>>339606076
>the joy of getting through the areas
I loved the...grass area. And the, uh, lava place.

Remember Glitzville or the Excess Express? No, nobody remembers them. They were derivative run-of-the-mill Mario shit.
>>
>Another console war bait thread
/v/ will never change, will it?
>>
>>339609714
i recognize tanabe and miyamoto, but whos the other jap
>>
>>339609973
I was a big Nintendo apologist and even then I'm pretty sick and tired of their goddamn bullshit.
>>
>>339609063
Holy snap
>>
>>339609973
Shut up faggot, we're discussing Sticker Star here
>>
>>339610027
Tell me what the competition does right.
>>
>>339610016
The director of the first 2 PM games.
>>
F

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-cdNgezswM
>>
>>339600000
>>
>>339610027
What would you have them do instead? Modernize and start selling $50 season passes and $60 online-only Smash?
>>
>>339609714
>overworld and lack of story

Which were explained in interviews why that was the case, jesus you witch hunt folk are pathetic.
>>
>>339600463
This. They're the Apple of vidyer.
>>
>>339604579

>the game is easily one of the most difficult Nintendo games you can buy right now.

I CAME HERE TO LAUGH AT YOU!

>but muh le Francis may may

I beat Sticker Shit and never touched it again. Paper Jam pissed me off with all the nu-PM isms that were in it. Copy paste enemies and bosses(besides the koopa kids and bowser jr), not a single original character in it besides donut steel starlow, and Papercraft Fights were a clunky afterthought. It was alright but it could have been better.
>>
>>339610086
Nothing because they are on the verge of getting stale, while Nintendo just frustastes me because they're avoiding stagnation so fucking hard they're getting stale in the whole ''innovation'' thing
>>
>people ITT are unironically defending post-TTYD Paper Mario
>>
>>339610197
I'd rather them stop with the amiibo shit, changing games for the sake of it like PM, end region locking, and reign in those fucks at NoA.
>>
>>339610197
Don't project.
>>
>>339610259
>Which were explained in interviews why that was the case
It's a shitty case. I dont care what the interviews say, how the fuck is no story justifiable?
Although the overworld idea is decent but it should just be a form of quicktravel thats optional
>>
>>339608708
>>339608883
That's a misunderstanding on your part, neckbeardy manchildren are not their audience. Children are.

Check out their latest ad.
>>
>>339608405

explain why the TOADS EVERYWHERE meme still apllied to Paper Jam and that there were zero reference to any paper mario before sticker trash in it.
>>
>>339610259
You should probably post it.

>>339610284
On the bright side, it seems like they are changing the games based on criticisms, so we'll likely get new characters and a different setting next time.
>>
>>339603419
Didn't they say the cards would be used to enhance your battle abilities, not that they're directly used for them?
>>
>>339610286
I think you just hate modern video games, anon.
>>
>>339610151

>Rawk Hawk still held on

KEK
>>
>>339610501
Because most modern fucking videogames are shooting themselves in the foot for the mass appeal shit.
There are games I like, but more and more fall down a shitty path.
>>
>>339610457
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHk3QkSgUA

Click "show oldest comments".
>>
YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD MAKE A GREAT FINAL LEVEL?

TWO CORRIDORS

B R A V O
>>
>>339610284
You forgot the goddamn Toad hunts.
>>
>>339610741
Thats for Paper Jam and doesnt explain much. In fact that's just them saying "Our original concept was hard to pull off"
Nor reasoning for lack of story
>>
>tfw blooper buddy NEVER
>tfw chomp buddy NEVER
JUST GIVE ME A BUCKET OF PAINT SENPAI
>>
>>339611154
The quote chain was talking about Paper Jam.
>>
>>339611008

DEAR LORD THOSE WERE TEDIOUS!

Literally padding if I ever saw it. HEY WE CAN'T GET PAST A THING, WHAT DO WE DO? DO SOME FORCED MINIGAMES AND HAVE THE PAPER SLAVES DO SOMETHING! Christ.
>>
>>339611214
Okay, the rest of my point still stands
It explains nothing
>>
File: Untitled-.jpg (887 KB, 1160x1512) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-.jpg
887 KB, 1160x1512
Why are people going austistic over one game, is there nothing else to play, with so much shit coming out? I mean, this month alone the games in pic related are being released.

Yes this new sticker mario will most likely be underwhelming, just move on and have fun with vidya worth your time, damn
>>
>>339612445
>Fighting game.3.9064
Also I hate fighting games

Why should I give what looks like boring generic RPGS a chance?
>>
>>339612445
>is there nothing else to play
Not if you have a Wii U.
>>
>>339606953
I can't. If they give the game a reason for battling, like, you know, an actual EXP system, and let you target other characters than just the front, then it might be good.
>>
>>339610328
Super Paper Mario was fun as fuck, I usually played the PM games for the stories, characters, and situations, which Super was full of. It had the best music, story, and the best villains. Its gameplay was certainly lacking, but the 3D mechanics did have some neat puzzles every so often.

If Super Paper Mario was the same, except for going into an RPG battle with enemies when you touched, the game would've been god-tier.
>>
File: grand_kingdom_scan03.png (3 MB, 1405x963) Image search: [Google]
grand_kingdom_scan03.png
3 MB, 1405x963
>>339612552
But anon, there is only one rpg in the picture. You can't possibly be THIS out of the loop.

grand kingdom is more of a EO/FE/FFtactics kind of game, with a combat system similar to a mix of Valkiria Chronicles and MegamanBattlenetwork
OdinSphere remake changed its gameplay and is now a combo-driven air-time/stun-lock based hack&slash game. Now more similar to Muramasa
Only SO5 is the typical Jrpg you bitch about so much.

Please don't even start pretending like you wouldn't enjoy at least one of these games.

>>339612564
Who would do that? I can't imagine anyone only owning a WiiU and not at least a 3DS also.
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>339600463
>they cater to the specific tastes of their costumers, such as the people who enjoy Paper Mario
>>
File: 1462136311959.png (552 KB, 1073x788) Image search: [Google]
1462136311959.png
552 KB, 1073x788
>>339613498
>You can't possibly be THIS out of the loop.
Those arent series/companies I keep up with, also I was just judging on their covers there.

Color me interested in the first two.
>>
File: best class.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
best class.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>339614234
Alright, no harm done.
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.