[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zelda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: ゼルダの伝説 最新作.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ゼルダの伝説 最新作.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Less than 393 hours until Treehouse, are you hyped?

inb4 retarded "leakers"
>>
>are you hyped
no
>>
I'm just anxiously awaiting the NX reveal, when we learn that the version of the game is, in fact, a handheld port.
>>
>ONE (1) game
>Showing off the inferior version for a dead, outdated console
>They'll probably focus on gamepad shit that nobody will touch once NX is out
>>
File: arrow.png (3 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
arrow.png
3 MB, 2048x2048
>>339234747
>I'm just anxiously awaiting the NX reveal

Not happening before September. We might get a date for the NX event during E3 though.

>>339234791
>gamepad shit that nobody will touch once NX is out

What does that even mean?
>>
Considering this game is going to be hedl back due to the wiiU's limitations, what exactly are you expecting?

this game will be an empty open world, technically and graphically
the combat won't be anything cutting edge and most likely be some simplistic thing
game content, quests what not will be simple

It will be a very comfy yet somewhat mediocre open-world game that's being sold on the basis of brand value rather than actual cutting edge gameplay or technical/artistic achievement.
>>
>>339234651
I work for nintendo, link is black and the game is like skyrim
>>
>>339234791
You do know the NX port isn't a proven thing right? It's just one of those speculation things that has caught on for some reason
>>
Since I have literally no interest in it because the series died years ago, no, I'm not hyped.
>>
>>339235048
Skyrim runs on 256mb of ram

I think they'll be fine in bringing the world to life
>>
dead console
dead franchise
>>
>>339235291
Only if they choose the right artstyle, if they go for anything close to realism like xeno/bayo then it's going to look like skyrim.
>>
>>339235048
>using the LIMITATIONS argument in the current year

Skyward Sword had a complex, content-filled overworld and it ran on what was basically 2001 hardware.
>>
File: 1461195357151.gif (73 KB, 675x227) Image search: [Google]
1461195357151.gif
73 KB, 675x227
>>339235526
>Skyward Sword had a complex, content-filled overworld
>>
The longer this thing has been in development, the further my expectations dip.

I'm picturing absolutely standard Zelda plot and gameplay. The non linearity is a step in the right direction but I'm still unsure they can make a world worth exploring, primarily because the majority of the rewards for doing so are always things you will never need, like more rupees or heart pieces.

Even with all of the talk Miyamoto and Aonuma gave, I can't picture them fully abandoning their bad habits of hand holding and falling back on tradition in the worst places.
>>
>>339235624
Name one 3D Zelda with more stuff to do in the overworld than Skyward Sword.
>>
>>339235048
This as fuck. Sorry to say but the game id going to be mediocre, it will sell because ITS ZELDA XD not because its a revolution. RIP OOT AND MM, you were the series highest points in 3D, and RIP TMC and ALttP, you were the series most comfy and true-best in 2D
>>
>>339235743
kek, every zelda game
>>
>>339235226
It was confirmed during a shareholders' meeting.
>>
>>339235854
Not what I asked.
>>
>>339235743
Never understood why people shit on Skyward Sword's level design. Easily the most fun overworld to traverse in the entire series.

I expect Zelda U to build off of that.
>>
To be honest, it can and probably will be a pretty fucking good and enjoyable game but due to the constraints of the hardware and the fact that it is already an established IP that has put forward some of it's best games forward during an era where the art and technical achievements were appropriate, it appears that this game will simply lack the capacity to be an amazing game that will wow or captivate people like newer games on better hardware manage to.

I put The Last Guadian into this category as well, as much it is unique, it is still a game that was designed and made for a certain time where the audience and the developers hearts and minds were at their best and truest. The only difference is that game is being brought into the modern era with some excellent game designers and technology at their disposal to appeal modern expectations where as this game will not.

If they decide to and see the benefit of reusing and utilizing an timeless artstyle like that of WW then they can do wonders with the wiiU hardware and really make a great game in my opinion but from the looks of the trailer they seem to be aiming higher. Ultimately we'll see what the game is like, it'll be comfy but mediocre at it's worst.
>>
>>339235743
I'll name 4

Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
>>
So apart from doge mode and the waggle gimmick, why did people hate this game so much?
>>
>>339235226
NX + WiiU versions confirmed for March 2017

No other NX news, no one knows if the gamepad will be compatible, if the NX is coming out before March, etc.
>>
File: 1413426561963.jpg (102 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1413426561963.jpg
102 KB, 500x500
>>339234651
i'm going to miss E3 and SGDQ this year once again because of work. groing up sucks
>>
>>339235941
Fine then

Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
The Wind Waker
Twilight Princess

and depending on whether you consider them 3D or not

Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
A Link Between Worlds
>>
>>339237920
Main things that bug me are the complete lack of challenge that enemies provide and the plot.

Seems odd that they give you a big array of cool sword moves and then most of them are unnecessary because all of the enemies are huge push overs. Seemed like a waster. As for the plot, it just fell back too hard on standard Zelda conventions of waiting until the end and then just saying "okay now Zelda's kidnapped, go punch Ganon in the face and get her back." Seemed like a real cop out.
>>
>>339236248
Because it's an *actually* empty sky world connecting to 3 straight lines to the dungeons
>>
This game better be twice as good as the last good Zelda game, or else it will be most disappointing show-and-tell ever
>>
>>339234651
I don't want to be hyped because I know it's gonna be a disappointment and won't be the "revolutionary title that re-defines open-world games" that Aonuma hopes for.

It's probably not gonna be better than most open-world games either, and I say this as a Zelda fan. They've never been able to pull off a busy 3D Zelda world with tons to do, and now they're making it even larger.
>>
>>339235226
Nintendo actually did confirm an NX version.
>>
Not at all, I don't trust Nintendo or Anouma to do anything decent after what the fuck happenend with SS
>>
>>339237790
Thank you for your time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_disorder
>>
>>339234651
>treehouse
>watching people play video games
You are what's killing video games
>>
>>339235226
Nintendo themselves tweeted about it you chucklefuck
>>
>>339238038
do you work 24 hours a fucking day? You know you can get information and watch videos AFTER they have been played right? Y... you do know this r-right anon? r-right?
>>
>>339237920
Easy, felt too similar to OoT (I didn't have a problem with that), I guess awkward pacing thanks to the twilight stuff in between the first three dungeons...

Either way, the HD version sorta fixed the pacing but not really, and has a solution to the easiness problem by both having Hero mode (double damage) and the Ganondorf amiibo (x4 damage I think). So yeah.
>>
>>339235048
Xcx had no problems having a great overworld without loading screens so I think Zelda will do fine
I'm more concerned about the perfomance after WWHD
>>
>>339235526
>>339235624
>>339235048
>>339235795
Guys. The Wii U is stronger than the Playstation 2. And the Playstation 2 has open world games. The hardware isn't holding them back from filling the game with content.

The amount of content, is more dependent upon storage, than anything else. Which the game discs have plenty of. The Wii was capable of dual layer discs. If Nintendo so chose, they could have fit two skyward swords on a single disc, and still have room to spare.

SS was sparse, simply because the devs didn't build enough content. Nothing to do with the limitations of the hardware.
>>
>>339238478
Are you telling me that there is a place, perhaps even a website were video content gets uploaded after livestreams are over?
>>
How are we defining non-dungeon content anyway? Monsters? Platforming? Collecting shit?
>>
>>339234651
it's about grass
>>
>>339235048
Xenoblade Chronicles X was the best open world game in 2015.
It wasn't the best game of 2015 but it did have the best open world.
The Wii U has no problems do that at least.
>>
>>339238728
You dont understabd familio. This is nintendo. They could he releasing the game onto a nintendo brand console powered by 4x 1080s and it would still be shit.

Aonuma cannot into:
>story
>difficulty
>puzzles

Miyamoto, god bless him, has grown senile and also cannot stand puzzles story or difficulty.

Fujibayashi royally fucked Skyward in the ass

I love Zelda its my favorite series hut im not above critisizing that shit
>>
>>339238873

>best open world
>you can literally walk through enemies
>no corpse physics, enemies literally just disappear when you kill them
>that awful draw distance

lol
>>
>>339239009
>its still better than every other open world that came out that year

I know senpai. It hurts.
>>
>>339238728
>SS was sparse

According to fucking whom?
>>
>>339239061

Witcher 3 was much, MUCH bigger especially with the expansions...
>>
The NX ruined all chances to discuss this game. Fuck the NX, I wish it never existed.
>>
>>339239009
>enemy models have anything to do with open world aspects
>low draw distance to compensate for the zero loading screens

K
>>
>>339239108
>witcher 3 is bigger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qfhg2FJgx8
>>
>>339239145

It has everything to do with the open world aspect. It's hard to get immersed when your character is clipping through the middle of a gigantic Apatosaur' foot.
>>
>>339238971
No, you don't understand.

>>339239084
A lot of people.
>>
>>339239285
>things that never happened
>>
>>339239108
Hahahahahahahahaha
>witcher bígger than 400km2 of only The continent nos counting The sea and island
>>
>>339239285
>I never played the game but im offended someone likes it more than Witcher 3
>>
>>339238873
>Xenoblade Chronicles X was the best open world game in 2015.

It did not! It had one of the best environment designs/art directions which happened to be in an open world but the hardware limitations of the wiiU made the world itself feel static and detached, you never interacted or navigated it in any meaningful way, it feels like it's there just to please the eye.

The witcher 3's open world was much simpler in terms of design and artistic/creative value but it was 10 more enjoyable to be and play in because it was convincing, the graphical fidelity, the trees branches and grass being blown by the wind, the interior of caves and houses, the small details that were crafted to immerse you in the world.

Xenoblade did not have any of those quality beyond the eye pleasing factor. It felt like FFX's envrionments on steroids, cool to look at but completely meaningless and uneventuful in every single other area.
>>
Gentle reminder not to engage witchercancer.
>>
>>339239285
>M-m-m-muh
>MMMMM-m-m-m-muh
>MMMMMMMMUH IMEEEERSHUUUUUN!
>>
>>339239404
i nearly forgot senpai.

thanks for bringing me back to earth.
>>
>>339239275

This video was made before the expansions, idiot. And the guy in the video even says he's purposefully using a slower character in Skyrim for dramatic effect.
>>
>>339239474
>he thinks skyrim's open world is big
wew
>>
>>339239428
Not him, but the ENTIRE POINT of open world games IS immersion you moron.
>>
Can we stop giving a fuck about how big the landmasses are? When content is king, density is all that matters.

Who cares if your world is a thousand more square miles than another world? All that means is that contents is sparser.
>>
>>339239537

It may not be bigger but it has a much more livelier and immersive environment than Xenoshit Weabicles X which is literally copy + paste garbage 90% of the game outside of it's ONE city.
>>
>>339239652
>Xenoshit Weabicles X

damn....i got....told....
>>
>>339239597
Wrong.
Linear games are just as capable as immersing the player as open world games. The point of an open world game, is the openness. It's right there in the name.
>>
>>339239725
But anon, I can't feel immersed unless I can levitate cutlery and outrage the psychic AI cops.
>>
>>339239652
I agree. Fighting wolves and spiders everywhere is superior.
I never should have come here thinking Xenoblade X was superior to that.
>>
>>339239636
>Can we stop giving a fuck about how big the landmasses are?

You are talking to people who'd rather have a huge empty field instead of Skyward Sword's dense overwold, because muh immursiuns.
>>
>>339239652
>Xenoshit Weabicles X
That's a tryhard insult if I ever saw one. Nice job, I guess?
>>
>>339239652
Go to bed, Tony
>>
>>339239597
>Not him, but the ENTIRE POINT of open world games IS immersion you moron.

What? That makes no sense. Xenoblades world was not immersive in the slightest
>>
man, i just hope they show off the nx version or at least preview it.

who the fuck would buy a wii u for this game now?
>>
>>339239830
>>339239697

Nice job refuting my point, weabs.

>>339239796

Compared to dinosaurs, birds and plants? Yeah so much better dude. At least Skyrim had interesting humanoid enemies and the exploration aspect going for it, where as your single player MMO didn't even have level scaling so all exploration is instantly deaded.
>>
>>339239805
I'm also the anon who thinks Skyward Sword's overworld is sparse.
When your overworld is essentially dungeons, they don't feel like they're filled with content. They really only filled with lock devices, and key devices. There's very little you can do in SS that deviates from the route of the puzzle they want you to solve. And what tiny deviation you're allowed, isn't really worth doing.
>>
>>339239964
>dinosaurs arent more interesting than spiders

nigga just listen to yourself
>>
>>339239964
>/v/ defends skyrim now

Yeah its summer alright.
>>
>>339239964
I don't need to refute your point when you're doing a good job making yourself look stupid.
>>
>>339235048

wasn't the xenoblade team helping them out with the open world bullshit? if their game is anything to go by there will be plenty to do senpai
>>
>>339239964
>Compared to dinosaurs, birds and plants? Yeah so much better dude.
Compared to dinosaurs, birds and plants? Yeah so much better dude.
>Compared to dinosaurs, birds and plants? Yeah so much better dude.
Compared to dinosaurs, birds and plants? Yeah so much better dude.
>>
File: uncharted4_athiefsendp7x47.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
uncharted4_athiefsendp7x47.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>339239926
This. XCX's world is not immersive at all, it could've been if it came out during 2001 where it would've been at the height of technical capabilities at the time but not when you have games like Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Uncharted around that showcases absolute superiority in immersion capacity through much better world/level design and when immersion is achieved through much smaller and technically impressive details.

That being said game budget/AAA games doesn't equal automatic immersion, MGSV is a good example of a game failing at it even though it has a huge open world.
>>
>>339239009

final fantasy 15 has worse pop-in than xenoblade ON THE FIRST WII
>>
>>339234651

This is the least hyped Zelta for me of all time.

I was somewhat interested in that WiiU tech demo, but the current game in development does not look close to it.
>>
File: LauraBailey3[1].jpg (732 KB, 997x1495) Image search: [Google]
LauraBailey3[1].jpg
732 KB, 997x1495
>>339239652

this amount of mad
>>
>>339240291
>I've never played the game but since I don't have a wiiU i will vomit a biased opinion about a game I want to play but I'm to hardcore that I'm not gonna ask my mom money for buy a wiiu and a 60dl game
>>
>>339240291
>XCX's world is not immersive at all
I can't believe this shit. Yet another Zelda thread ruined by questionable opinions. The Xenoblade series worlds are exactly what open world shpuld be as industry standard.
>>
>>339240210
>wasn't the xenoblade team helping them out with the open world bullshit?
It's very likely internal studios share tools and game design techniques. To be fair I clarified in a later post that I'm not really doubting the amount of content that'll be delivered, rather, I'm questioning the overall quality of the game concurrent to modern standards and expectations. I feel if they choose a good art direction that doesn't require much memory/horse power then it'll do wonders and allow them to make a better game with more content overall. The current art direction for the game seems to be exactly that and looks pretty solid though, in the end we'll just have to see.
>>
>>339240513
THIS
>THIS
THIS
>THIS
THIS
>THIS
>>
>>339240520

I didn't play the first Xenoblade, only XCX so I can't comment on the first one but XCX's world is a perfect example of style over substance. The world is last-gen looking and static as fuck, it has a great art direction but an open world should be more than that, even if it compromises on size to deliver a better and more detailed world. It is a much better trade off. Size is meaningless unless it offers something of value other than extending the time to get from point a to point b. There needs to be much more detail in the immediate surroundings to immerse the player, not just >muh fuckhuge beautiful vistas and then nothing.

This is the reason why even though Witcher 3's open world was smaller, it was better in every single way because it was dynamic, graphically and technically superior and far more detailed. You didn't just have nice looking rocks to see, you would find towns with living people who had dialouge options and offered quests, you'd have places where you could race and do other things. All these things is what makes up an open world that feels alive and meaningful and there is none of it in XCX.
>>
Skyward Sword is my most hated game of all time, and I can't literally comprehend how anyone would be hyped for this series after that abomination.
>>
>>339240364
>I was somewhat interested in that WiiU tech demo, but the current game in development does not look close to it.

That was a single room with a spider in it.
>>
>>339240959
Who cares, you pirated it anyway.
>>
>>339240948
yawn
>>
>>339239386
The Witcher 3 was also boring
Stuck on a different planet > castles and fields
>>
>>339241157

I wish I did. I did leave to gamestop immediately as soon as the credits rolled though. Even though I'm not the kind of person who sells games to gamestop, I just wanted it out of my house
>>
>>339241221
>Stuck on a different planet > castles and fields

not sure if this was meant to be a kek comment due to the ost but yes, xcx art direction trumps witcher 3 but its the only thing it dose better
>>
>>339240959
Probably because they liked the previous games and one bad game doesn't sour the rest of the series for them.
>>
>>339239926
And that's why XCX sucked balls.
>>
>>339240948
This, so much this.

I keep saying the same thing over and over, but XCX fanboys still proclaim it as the best OW game there is, when that's far from the truth. Even its predecessor did a far better job as an OW game. XCX was nothing but a disappointment to me.

I guess XCX fans simply haven't played other OW and experienced what a living breathing world feels like, so to them, the barren lifelessness and fetchquesting of XCX felt like substance.

XCX gave you a pretty set-piece, but there was no incentive to explore due to the lack of lore.
>>
>>339235526
>Last major Zelda game
>ran on what was basically 2001 hardware

It's amazing how far it has fallen. Remember when Zelda meant the absolute pinnacle of gaming?
>>
>>339238861
Everything that doesn't occur in a dungeon, aka, most of what makes Zelda good.
>>
>>339239636
What matters the that there is variety of spareness and density of content, that this is interesting, and that the game is clever and well directed enough that the player understands how to judge whether or not exploring a given area is likely to be worthwhile.
>>
>first Zelda U thread this week
>everyone discusses about MUH SKYRIM, MUH WITCHER 3, MUH XCX

Good job, /v/, I wanted to discuss about Zelda U
>>
>>339235743
Every other 3D Zelda next to it, from Ocarina to Spirit Tracks. And yes, the handheld games are 3D. Deal with it. Skyward Sword was your first Zelda, wasn't it?
>>
>>339240049
>skyward sword has a sparse overworld
I don't think you know what sparse actually means, other than as a buzzword
>>
>>339240959
Because it's the best in the series, arin
>>
>>339242992
>ocarina of time
Those empty spaces and occasional holes are so worthwhile. All it has going for it is the nostalgia value. It's your first zelda, right?
>spirit tracks
Literally on rails for the whole game.
>>
>>339243518
Actually it was the first Zelda. But nice assumptions. Ocarina had more to do in 1998 than Skyward Sword did in 2011.
>Bombchu minigame
>Shooting Gallery
>Horseback Archery
>Dampe's Race
>Zora Diving
>Cucco Search
>Fishing
>Treasure Minigame
That's quadruple the amount of locales and places of interest with just minigames/sidequests alone. And I don't see how being on-rails is a negative. You didn't even bother with that one. You have more control than you think, but you didn't play the game, so that's to be expected. That game had more areas and things to do/look for. Just because people dislike a game you love doesn't mean the critiques aren't justified. Skyward Sword was a piece of shit and replying for the first time in four years, it's even shittier.
>>
>>339242992
>Every other 3D Zelda next to it, from Ocarina to Spirit Tracks.

b8? Not even nostalgia can make you that fucking stupid.
>>
>>339242987
I'm down to discuss the leaks. They sound promising, but that leads me to believe they're fake.
>>
>>339243969

>>339243958

I know five years is too short of a time for nostalgia, but I forget underage lurked here since the beginning. It's not nostalgia when the proof is right in front of you. Skyward Sword had the Bamboo game, the Skydiving game and...um...that's it. Wow. Two whole things to do in that game from the main quest. Oh, and that harp game.
>>
>>339242987
You won't get any more out of it than you already did, seeing as we have the same fucking 30 seconds of footage for 2 years now
>>
>>339244369
>Skyward Sword had the Bamboo game, the Skydiving game and...um...that's it. Wow.

What a faggot. Wow.
>>
>>339235048
Lost and lots of padding and other retarded stuff only Aonuma and SStards can dig.
>>
File: 1456105777415.jpg (207 KB, 709x649) Image search: [Google]
1456105777415.jpg
207 KB, 709x649
>>339234651
They're going to redevelop this for the NX aren't they?
>>
>>339248362
No, they'll just port it. Why would they waste resources to redevelop it?
>>
>>339248570
at least Zelda U will give us a solid clue either NX is backwards or not.
>>
>>339238478
Its not the same
>>
>>339238478
>You know you can get information and watch videos AFTER they have been played right?

I don't want canned hype, I want it as fresh as possible.
>>
>>339248570

>port

There's a really good chance Zelda U was actually being developed for both Wii U and NX roughly the same time since it's original announcement, gameplay footage, delays, wii u's financial forecast and NX's eventual reveal spanned within a few years of each other.

There's just too much evidence suggesting that Zelda U NX was already in development to simply state it will be just a port. More likely the NX version is probably the definitive version that will look and perform as well as the original promo trailer did.
>>
>>339249335
>More likely the NX version is probably the definitive version that will look and perform as well as the original promo trailer did
I remember when people used to say the same about the TP Wii port before its release. Oh boy. you guys are already setting yourselves for disappointment.
>>
>>339249335
I don't think it's too far fetched that the game will look and run like it does now. 360 specs are shit too and still manage to run open world games with some graphical fidelity
>>
>>339234651
>Less than 393 hours until Treehouse, are you hyped?
Until Treehouse gets shuttered? That's really the only thing I'm hyped for.
>>
>>339250202
Sperg as much as you want about censorship but Treehouse streams were the best thing of E3 2014 and 2015. Those guys talk about videogames at E3 and that's all that matters. Don't bring your autismo towards covered bikinis into this.
>>
>>339250408
>Don't bring your autismo towards uncovered bikinis into this.
Tell that to the Treehouse.
>>
File: megane_wakui.jpg (638 KB, 1600x1060) Image search: [Google]
megane_wakui.jpg
638 KB, 1600x1060
Can't wait to be able to play this on PC

Cemu is coming along nicely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USIPU2D0m5o
>>
>>339251819
I played it at its prime two years ago, pretty damn good game. I'm happy you can finally enjoy it.

Hopefully they will fix the loading times, framerate and audio and graphical bugs there are in that video while we play on the NX.
>>
>>339252313
>we
>implying anyone is gonna buy the nx
>>
>>339252397
A friend is buying me an NX when it's out.
>>
>>339252397
Now, now, no need to bark, chill.
>>
>>339252553
You're not fooling me, treehouse
>>
File: char_12698.jpg (11 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_12698.jpg
11 KB, 210x240
Do people still care about Zelda?
>>
>>339253114
I do. Can't speak for all the reast of the world of course.
>>
>>339253114
I'll care about Zelda until they've given me reason not to.
>>
>>339234651
You have no idea

This game is pretty much keeping me invested in vidya
>>
File: 2016.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
2016.webm
3 MB, 640x360
387 hours
>>
>>339253639
Dark Souls
>>
>>339254056
what about dark souls
>>
>>339254159
A reason not to care about Zelda games. Dark Souls came and did Zelda better than Zelda ever could.
>>
>>339254227
ok
>>
>>339234651
>>339252024
>>339248172
>>339250152

>you will never be so autistic that you make 4 false flag threads on /v/
>>
>>339254056
>>339254227
Dark Souls is nothing like Zelda. It is more like a shitter Castlevania.
>>
>>339254932
I think this thread is honest but yeah, that guy enjoys making daily anti-Nintendo threads. Good for his life, I guess.
>>
>>339254932
Wrong thread?
>>
>>339254227
Who started this shitty comparison anyway
>>
>>339255421
Soulsfags trying to fit in.
>>
File: 1405120753872.png (339 KB, 633x512) Image search: [Google]
1405120753872.png
339 KB, 633x512
>>339234651
After SS and ALBW I can't be hyped. Zelda titles have more than slipped they've fucking fallen over and broke their nose. Zelda U/NX has to be something really fucking special to get me hyped again and honestly I don't think modern Nintendo is capable of such a thing.
>>
>>339240959
What hype there is is only because that faggot Aonuma said this game is going to be the exactly opposite of Skyward Sword.

Skyward Sword is also my most hated game of all time.
>>
>>339255804
>Aonuma said this game is going to be the exactly opposite of Skyward Sword.

not
>>
File: 1452776759231.jpg (5 KB, 250x232) Image search: [Google]
1452776759231.jpg
5 KB, 250x232
>>339242512
My hate will endure for all of eternity. Fuck you, Aonuma.
>>
>>339238289
>They've never been able to pull off a busy 3D Zelda world with tons to do
What is Majora's Mask?
>>
I have very mixed feelings about the "leak." I like some aspects such as the setting, the items, and the non-linearity only kept in check by stronger enemies and shit (like LoZ). I don't like the HW-inspired combat, the idea of Nayru being your sidekick, or Link being a cockdouche.

I think there will be a couple of lucky guesses in there, but that's about it.
>>
>>339246302
Don't forget the shoehorned tadtones, Skyview retread, and stealth section of the game. :^)
>>
>>339256126
I liked the Skyview revist. It was different for a Zelda game and kind of neat.

Eldin stealth section was dildos.
>>
>>339256126
I liked all of those, too bad :DDDDD
>>
>>339256114
It's fake. Don't overthink about it. The "no viedeo shown" rule still works. Plus the "leaker" showed to be a legit cunt in his own threads, threating people to bring his infos to other sites and shit.
>>
>>339253678
Being completely honest here. If Zelda U fucking sucks, I'm done with video games. Nothing in video games please me anymore and I just need this to bomb for me to go.
>>
>>339255760
ALBW was good. Sure, it heavily picks things from ALTTP, but that's exactly what people asked for ages. But of course when they get what they want, they'll find other things to complain about.

This is the true Zelda cycle:
>Zelda game comes out
>People complains about some things of the game and the lack of others
>New Zelda game comes out with those things being fixed and added
>People still complains about other things and the lack of others
And so on and on and on. I wish Nintendo would stop listening to its fans, really.
>>
>>339255903
What part of open world and non linearity do you not understand? This was literally the first things he said to describe the new game.
>>
>>339256292
As I said, I hardly don't believe it, I was just weighing in the information he presented. At best, one or two correct guesses, nothing more.
>>
>>339256478
I don't agree. Bought it day one, bored as fuck, sold it a few weeks later.
>>
>until Treehouse
>Treehouse

No. Fuck them. I don't want to see any of their faces for the rest of my life.
>>
>>339256575
I disagree with you. Bought it not day one, had a good time with it, I still own it.
>>
>>339256649
Thanks for your input, as useless as it was.
>>
>>339256478
A Link Between Worlds was a step in the right direction but it had some fucking problems.

>non linearity in an overworld we explored 20 years ago
>Lorule was sectioned off
>the non linearity was implemented poorly because there existed no difficulty curve. All dungeons were piss easy
>mickey's playhouse-tier graphics
>>
>>339256575
Thanks for your input, as useless as it was.
>>
>>339256729
Not saying it was perfect, no Zelda game is. I agree with your points. But it's still good, far from being bad as the other guy implies.
>>
>>339256786
No need to get mad as fuck anon. I don't like ALBW, deal with it.
>>
>>339256729
Also buying the items. The way to do non-linearity is to provide the essential tools in a shop (Bow, Bombs, Boomerang) and they should have hidden the other items in caves and mini dungeons. There should have been like some lore behind the 4 magical rods.
>>
>>339256707
No need to get mad as fuck anon. I like ALBW, deal with it.
>>
>>339256868
>no Zelda game is perfect

What is Zelda I? And the first six Zeldas are all you need.
>>
>>339256986
>What is Zelda I?
Great. But not perfect.
>>
File: nintendo.jpg (246 KB, 440x707) Image search: [Google]
nintendo.jpg
246 KB, 440x707
>>339256946
>Zelda fans are this childish

Big surprise. No wonder Sonycucks take the piss out of you.
>>
>>339256986
>first six
>not counting the fucking Oracles which are straight upgrades of LA
>>
File: 1390938995039.gif (2 MB, 370x208) Image search: [Google]
1390938995039.gif
2 MB, 370x208
>>339257034
>>
Actually I've never been THIS disinterested in a new Zelda.

All we know so far is that it's open world. If that's the extent of their fresh take on the Zelda formula then I won't be rushing out to buy it.
>>
>>339257201
What's your idea of "fresh take"? Because inoovating already showed not to be the answer people is looking for.
Please, don't tell me you consider "fresh take" Zelda games to be set in a futuristic cyberpunk setting or to be very dark and gritty with a "mature" storyline.
Or maybe your idea of "fresh take" is to make Zelda game copypaste of Dark souls or The Witcher games?
>>
>>339257535
>What's your idea of "fresh take"?

Mainline Zelda eroge.
>>
>>339257680
this
>>
>>339257680
Pick Hyrule Warriors. It's not stictly mainline but you can get all the waifus and ecchi you want from it. Then go to /gif/ and fap to SFM models. There.
>>
File: 1464480414543.gif (3 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1464480414543.gif
3 MB, 300x169
>>339257680
>finally get to milk Malon

FUND IT.
>>
>>339257535
It's not my job to think of Nintendo's ideas for them. We both know they can't just keep copypasting Zelda games and expecting non-drone consumers to keep buying them up. If this new game has no innovation to it besides Link galloping around an open world then I'm simply uninterested in it, and I really don't see why you even need me to justify such a simple opinion.
>>
>>339257535
Not him, but darker themes running throughout the game wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.
Take Saria's thoughts when you use the mask of truth on her.
Just further / change them more throughout the story and we'd suddenly have more character development.
>>
>>339257535
But they haven't innovated yet.

Not fucking once.
>>
>>339258031
So you want something fresh. And yet you can't define what you exactly want. Now more than ever, I really hope Nintendo will never listen to this kind of "feedback" from the fanbase.
>>
386 hours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUl54f4GS4g
>>
>>339258097
Come up with a brand new idea for any game?
Perhaps not.
Innovated / changed the Zelda games in gameplay and style?
They certainly have.
>>
>>339258097
SS innovated with motion controls. But in the same moment you'll read this, you'll jump on your seat, put your house on fire and start screaming how SS's combat is shit, completely ignoring the point it actually is innovation. Just a kind of innovation you didn't like.
>>
>>339238420
They stated that zelda would be the only playable game. We don't know what ghis could mean exactly. They could even release a demo with area limitations to start the inevitable hype. The problem is that this shit won't hit the shelves 'till march 2017
>>
>>339238038
What do you work at?
I'll be at work aswell and already told my boss i'd be spending about 3 hours watching e3. He's a normie and told me to alert him of any news regarding the Xbone 2
>>
File: in vee.jpg (99 KB, 601x486) Image search: [Google]
in vee.jpg
99 KB, 601x486
>>339257894
>yfw you realise how much subtext there is about malon and the second in command at the ranch and...uh...milking
>>
File: 1452933217509.jpg (160 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452933217509.jpg
160 KB, 1920x1080
Will Zelda ever return to being the joy filled boundary pusher it was in the 90s? Or is it doomed to forever fall further and further behind everything else and bank entirely on nostalgia?
>>
File: 030729_conanthedestroyer03.jpg (13 KB, 400x182) Image search: [Google]
030729_conanthedestroyer03.jpg
13 KB, 400x182
>>339234651
>inb4 retarded "leakers"
>implying the pastebin doesn't sound plausible
>implying if it wasn't plausible people wouldn't already debunk it or at least the screenshots
>>
File: Gameplay.webm (3 MB, 550x310) Image search: [Google]
Gameplay.webm
3 MB, 550x310
>>339259415
>Will Zelda ever return to being the joy filled boundary pusher it was in the 90s?
>or will it bank entirely on nostalgia?
The irony of this post baffles me.
>>
File: 8989.png (2 MB, 883x983) Image search: [Google]
8989.png
2 MB, 883x983
>>339235743
Who cares if you have more stuff to do? In SS it's forced on you, it's a puzzle fest with shitty, slow, disgusting obstacles everywhere. People don't want this from Zelda overworlds.

And the dungeons suffered from it, too, they never were as small and linear as in Zelda SS.

Retard.
>>
>>339236248
lol
>>
>>339259613
>implying the pastebin doesn't sound plausible
kek, good one.
It's fake. But I know people around here love to blindly believe all kinds of nintendo related leaks.
>>
>>339259762
>People don't want this from Zelda overworlds.
This. People wants big empty green fields to ride on Epona with nothing to do in them, like in masterpieces like OoT and TP. Aww yeah.
>>
>>339259634
But Ocarina of Time was the last time Zelda ever raised the bar for video games.
>>
>>339259634
Wow you can spook horses!
>>
File: wiiu_screenshot_tv_0193uoe.jpg (198 KB, 806x710) Image search: [Google]
wiiu_screenshot_tv_0193uoe.jpg
198 KB, 806x710
>>339239009
How does this affect open world/field design.

Are you literally a retard? And I'm serious asking this.

>>339239386
It did. Xenoblade x's open world completely shits on every other open world, not just in 2015. It's incredible what they have done and I'm not even a fan of the game. Literally different biotopes without loading times, dense areas, completely handcrafted, hidden caves and stuff everywhere that isn't on the map, pic related.

Not reading your shitpost, btw.
>>
>>339259939
I prefer vast oceans.
>>
>>339259949
>But Ocarina of Time was the last time a videogame in general ever raised the bar for video games
Fixed.

t. nostalgiafag
>>
File: 1453227003591.png (1 MB, 1280x792) Image search: [Google]
1453227003591.png
1 MB, 1280x792
>>339240291
>le immersive
>le graphics
Go kill yourself. If you can get immersed in video games, you're most definitely 12 y/o.
>>
>>339259939
Well, yes, I prefer what you described a hundred times over this disgusting shit slowing me down for no reason >>339259762

This is what the dungeons are for. Very happy Zelda U blows you the fuck out and your shittaste. Looking forward to some empty, comfy fields.
>>
>>339259634
That fucking webm looks like shit, why is everything so fucking green? It's unappealing as fuck
>>
>>339260030
>>339260119
Anon, calm out. That autist left long ago. XenoX is awesome, don't write shit out of spite that could make you look retarded.
>>
>>339260050
What about RE4?
>>
>>339260189
Because of the grass.
>>
>>339260189
It has been cropped, zoomed and warped from the video where Miyamoto and Aonuma were playing it. It's not a direct feed video, it is an off screen gameplay. That's why it has that greenish filter. Plus, keep in mind it's footage from two years ago.

>Why the grass is green?
Gee, I dunno,.
>>
>>339260308
Still looks bad
>>
>>339239108
Kill yourself.
>>
>>339260223
What about it? It ruined the series forever.
>>
>>339260189
The grass is painted red with the blood of your enemies in the final version.
>>
File: wiiu_screenshot_tv_01yzsfr2.png (1 MB, 1280x792) Image search: [Google]
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01yzsfr2.png
1 MB, 1280x792
>>339239474
What expansions? Heart of Stone whatever? It adds one fucking small village and a small forest that reuse the assets of the rest of the game.

That new one? Why would it even count? Why would the expansions count when comparing both games? You pay 40 bucks for them.

>>339239652
Xenoblade X is probably the only open world that is not copy/pasted shit. It literally has different biotopes with completely unique assets everywhere you can't find anywhere else.

I love Witcher but retards like you almos tmake me hate it. Go shit on XV which deserves some hate for its literally generic world (but I'm sure you're actually falseflagging and in fact a jaded FFXV fanboy) but fuck off.
>>
>>339260189
Grass is green.

>>339260340
Can't help it then.
>>
>>339258097
They made crossbow training and the ds games but you hate those
And they change the games up enough between each installment, otherwise the fanbase wouldn't spent so much time at eachothers throat
>>
>>339260437
It made it better, unless you're actually thought RE was ever scary.
>>
>>339234651
I hope it ruins Zelda so Nintendo can die
>>
>>339249438
>I remember when people used to say the same about the TP Wii port before its release
Wii = Gamecube in power, so no surprises here. And NX will be few times more powerful than WiiU.
>>
>>339258097
When they innovate:
>Hurr durr, fucking nintendo, who cares about muh innovation, give me the same exact shit you gave me with OoT
When they don't:
>Hurr durr fucking Nintendo giving me always the old same shit, you literally never innovate a thing.
>>
>>339235743
I'll give them some credit for trying something different, but I didn't like their overworld design in SS. It was a chore to get anywhere, and once you had done the obstacles the first time, it got really tiring to revisit areas. I like open expanses with little nooks and neat diversions. SS was just a really big dungeon with easier puzzles everywhere. And then the sky overworld was barren and awful.
>>
>>339260823
Actually I changed my mind because I love animal crossing and I want them to keep making that.
>>
>>339260841
>Wii = Gamecube in power
Uh, no. At all. They share the same architecture, sure, which is why there is the "two gamecubes taped together" joke.
But the Wii is still more powerful than a GC.
>>
>>339260765
>Grass is green.

sauce?
>>
>>339260982
implying on wii exists game which looks impossible for the gamecube,
>>
>>339253114

More people do than Pokken (outsold SFV) and Splatoon (outsold Bloodborne)
>>
>>339261130
>Pokken (outsold SFV)*
In US, no bundles included.
>>
>>339261130
Oh boy here we go
>>
>>339261130
>Pokken

Only retail and U.S

>Splatoon

When you don't have multiplat games and the only thing you got is a pedo heavy marketed game. Well, it's not surprising
>>
>>339261409

Why are you so defensive? All I said is that more people care about Zelda than these two Nintendo properties. Chill out. PS both Bloodborne and SFV sucks.
>>
>>339239964
Your taste in vidya is akin to the trailer trash rednecks whose only drink is "Cola." Not Coke, not Pepsi, but "Cola."
>>
>>339261595
>I don't think they care for Zelda that much tbqh

Also nice to know you have shit taste
>>
>>339261595
>more people care about Zelda than these two Nintendo properties
And this is why HD re-releases sold only around 1 mil each.
>>
Goddamn, you are all so stupid.
>>
>>339261879
And you are not?
>>
File: linkle.jpg (375 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
linkle.jpg
375 KB, 1000x1000
I hope Nintendo will not go all out on Zelda Wii U info at E3. I want to know nothing of this game before I buy it.
>>
>>339261805
OoT3D sold over 4 million copies
MM3D sold over 2 million copies

How should the HD ones sell when no one has a Wii U?
>>
>>339262058
>BUT MUH 3DS GAME SALES. ZELDA STILL RELEVANT SEE
Kek.
>>
>>339261970
Exactly.
>>
>>339261728
>getting angry over someones opinion on the internet

LOL, kill yourself loser.
>>
Faron Woods in SS was fun and comfy to walk around in.
>>
>>339262137
>3DS GAME SALES DON'T COUNT, A REMAKE SELLING 4 MILLION IS NOTHING, ZELDA IS IRRELEVANT!!!111

topkek
>>
>>339262289

Skyward Sword actually made me fall in love with Zelda all over again. Too bad the morons at Nintendo are taking WAAAAAAY to long to make a Wii U Zelda.
>>
385 hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8zedXN_bdQ
>>
>>339262289
Now, let's just wait for the usual guy to complain about buzzwords.
>>
I DON"T HAVE ANY SNACKS

DO I HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO BUY SOME
>>
>TFW Wii U emulator is coming along great
>TFW I'll be able to play the game without getting an NX OR buying it for Wii U
>>
>>339234651
so my dad is working at e3 and he said the big reveal this year is that iwata is still alive
>>
>>339262426
Are you going to be posting a piece of zelda music every hour (while you're awake) until E3?
Good taste by the way.
>>
>>339262503

Good luck bro, but I'm getting both the Wii U and NX versions.
>>
>>339262606
Yes, I'm planning to stay up for 16 days. I got like... 5 cans of Monster in the fridge. Doable.
>>
>>339240948

witcher 3 world is boring shit only a 12 year old could find interesting
>>
>>339260804
The first two were.
>>339249438
>GC TP was better than Wii TP meme
Fatfuck who hates to "waggle" detected
>>339260841
Wii was underpowered as fuck but it was still way more powerfull than the GC. Do you really think the GC could have runned Skyward Sword or SMG2?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.