[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 Lore Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: maxresdefault.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1080
Have we figured out what/where/when Firelink Shrine is?
>>
>>337956514
In the abyss.
>>
>>337956514
In The Hunter's Nightmare
>>
>>337956514
In the present. The dark one is in the past.

There. Fuck.
>>
've got some lore questions regarding Humanity and the Dark.

The Age of Fire is the age of gods, right? What exactly do humans get out of it when their age is the Age of Dark? To me it seems the gods are always using you as a pawn in the games because the Age of Dark is terrible for them. But how bad is it for humanity?

And what is the difference between a hollow and an undead?
>>
>>337957987
Present is in the future, dark is the now
>>
>>337958167
I think a Hollow is and Undead who lost all purpose and went Hollow. Basically without goal you turn into a zombie.

Not sure if Undeads all have the Darksign, I think they do

No one knows how the Age of Dark actually is
>>
>>337958328
That literally makes 0 sense.
>>
I've got some questions I made while I was scouting parts of the map to get a better feel for the geography:

dark souls 3 questions:

What do the statues in profane capital represent
Where is the profane capital on the world map
Are the cylindrical and spiralling structures in profane capital reminiscent of any other dark souls game's structures?
What is the significance of the one pair of statues who hold a long pole, and could it be part of yhorm's machete, as it looks similar?
Is the kiln in profane capital surrounded by the three aristocrats, specifically the "profane flame"?
why is the greatshield of glory, crafted for syan for his giant slaying exploits, found in the profane capital, a shield that descibes "glory begets indolence" could this be related to yhorm and his "descendance from conquerors" could they directly be referring to dark souls 2 giants?
why do the charred corpses in the profane capital area, presumably a result of the profane flame "disaster", still bleed?
Why are the crabs in smouldering lake embered?
Why is the shield of want in smouldering lake
Why are there candles lit to the left of the sandworm?
What are the ghru, the mutated and rotted descendants of farrons legion doing in demon ruins?
>>
>>337957987
Except you don't teleport to Untended Graves, which you do for Firelink.
>>
>>337958479
Go to Untended Graves again. Something like that, with the Abyss taking free reign wherever it likes.
>>
What was Alva doing in Irthyll?
>>
>>337958637
You know what i'm going to say don't you.

Time is convoluted and stuff.
>>
>>337958658
The Abyss is NOT the Dark.
>>
>>337958658
But the Abyss is not synonymous with Dark, it only started spreading after Oolacile idiots opened the grave.
>>
>>337958479
It's not called Fire Souls Anon. Miyazaki put the fucking canon ending in the title.
>>
>>337958636
I don't think we even know what the Profaned Flame is

DLC SON
>>
>>337958685
>karla
>found in irithyll dungeon
>one of her spells "Dark Edge is described as "Passed from mother to daughter"
>karla's ashes describe her as "The spurned child of the Abyss never dies, but phases in and out of its fringes."
>karla also can teach you abyssal fire magic, which makes her unique amongst dark souls 3' npc's
>karla who is found in irithyll dungeon, surrounded by the jailer aristocrats
>the jailer aristocrats who are the last remnants of profane capital
>why would they be so fiercely guardian (8 of them) one npc?
>why would the remnants of the profane capital have motivation to keep karla jailed?
>profane capital
>thousands of burnt scattered bodies in the throne room and surrounding
>implies something to do with fire
>profane capital known for the profane flame
>andre describes the profane coal as having remnants of the abyss in it
>abyss - profane flame
>abyss - flame
>abyssal flames
>karla, the spurned child of the abyss
>alva, seeker of the spurned who we find at irithyll dungeon
>why would he be looking for karla?
>alva, known for his relationship with the black witch zullie
>zullie who knew black magic
>dark edge implies it was handed down from mother to daughter
>high chance that karla is zullie and possibly alva's daughter
>profane flame
>pontiff sulayvahn found the profane flame after yhorm's collapse trying to put it to rest after he became lord of cinder
>pontiff sulayvahn who grows tree wings in the fight
>pontiff sulayvahn - tree wings - profane flame - abyss
>abyss - kaathe - londor - londor pilgrims
>londor pilgrims notably have the stones preventing the growths on their back
>londor pilgrims are at lothric high wall
>tree hollows with branches spouting out like wings are at high wall as well
>after the three cinders of lords are retrieved, "pilgrim" butterflies appear, who look like hollows who have spouted large eldritch wings
>notably their attack in the dragonslayer armour fight involves a flame that looks dark red

cont.
>>
Is Solaire in DS3?
>>
>>337959125

>yhorm the giant
>descended from a lineage of ancient conquerors
>his capital seems to be somewhat involved with dark souls 2 characters, notably laddersmith gilligan, alva and potentially zullie
>he himself bears resembllance to the dark souls 2 giants, if lacking of the "face"
>a message in his room describes "Only a storm can fell a greatwood."
>notably the giants in dark souls 2 appear to grow into trees eventually
>but why?
>of the other tree like growths, pontiff sulayvahn, and the londor pilgrims, we can see that it might be related to hollowing, londor itself being related to the abyss and a land of hollows, pontiff sulayvahn being implied to have hollowed by way of taking more damage with weapons that do more against hollowing
>dark souls 2 giants, approaching hollowing may "lose their face" in a way, and eventually sprout roots, in this sense they would literally be hollowing
>yhorm in his state is newly risen, awoken by the bell which awoke you, aldrich, abyss watchers, siegward, anri and hawkwood
>siegward is implied to have awoken with you, knowing that this signals the time to fulfil his promise
>his promise?
>to kill yhorm should he be corrupted by the abyss or fall to the profane capital again
>yhorms red eyes and general maddened state, his lack of familiarity with siegward all give this credence
>yhorm is in effect a descendant of dark souls 2's giants
>pontiff sulayvahn discovered the remnants of profane capital, found out the association with giants to the profane flame, and contacted drangleic's remnants, which is why their are two drang warriors in the courtyard, and why you find the llewelyn gear in cathedral of the deep, a place where aldrich's influences, and by large pontiff sulayvahn's connections are tied
>the paintings of nashandra and the kiln are relics from drangleic to display this
>the greatshield of glory, crafted for syan, who lead the fight against giants but was slaughtered is found in profane capital
>>
Lil' Prince Lothric used to play at the untended graves as a child because he's a sad emo cunt. When he became a big boi he wanted a replica of where he used to play as a child but this time with a cute waifu in it, that's how The Firelink Hub was born.

INB4: DEEPEST
>>
>>337959125
Calm down, man. I already read all of this in the last thread
>>
>>337959016
Yea, but it still doesn't explains what the Age of Dark actually is/looks like.

Although it seems to me it's the Age of Ancients, since IIRC the Firekeeper says something along the line of "flames will eventually emerge, even in Darkness", which is what happened in the AoA
>>
>>337958842
Not inherently maybe.
>>337958949
Not untrue, sure.

But i've always believed that an age of fire, at it's strongest, would hold back the Abyss.
>>
>>337959217
In some essence.

I wont ruin the game for you, and seriously don't read onwards unless you have fully completed the game

every single lord of cinder manifests itself as a test for the player at the end of the game
>>
File: Hollows in the intro.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Hollows in the intro.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>337958167

The original form of ALL human like creatures are Hollow. The Lords got Lordsouls and the humans got Dark Souls from The Fire. They transformed from hollows into humans or Lords.

The Fire fuels all life in the world. It fuels the power of souls as well. As the fire wanes, the Dark Souls lose power. Humans get "the curse", which is them losing their Dark Soul. They become Hollow. The fire must be recharged to remove the "curse". Pure speculation, but since Dark Souls are tiny weak things, they probably burn out first. Lord Souls are more powerful, so they last longer when the fire wanes. If the fire dies completely they would die out too probably. The Lords would return to Hollow.

So the Curse isn't some disease like leprocy. It's turning back to your normal state. Humanity, and having a mind is the abnormal state of the universe.

>And what is the difference between a hollow and an undead?

An undead is in the process of turning Hollow. They still have some memories and minds. If they keep eating Dark Souls they can stave off going hollow.

>The Age of Fire is the age of gods, right? What exactly do humans get out of it when their age is the Age of Dark? To me it seems the gods are always using you as a pawn in the games because the Age of Dark is terrible for them. But how bad is it for humanity?

Don't listen to the lies of the Jews. They just want to bring about The Abyss everywhere. The Age of Dark is likely just the age of weird Dark Monsters everywhere.
>>
What is The Deep?

The Abyss? It seems to be water related, but not just water
>>
>>337959267
Anon, we know what it looks like. The Untended Graves are in an Age of Dark, when no champion came forward to link the fire.

I don't know how common the belief is, but right now I think Ludleth was the one that ended that and started a new Age of Fire.
>>
>>337959397
Doesn't the Dark Soul becomes more powerful as the Fire weakens?

I'm pretty sure it does
>>
>>337958479
>>337958167

Expanding on Hollow/Undead.

You become undead when you get the Dark Sign. You are still you though. But you slowly begin to lose your mind. Many of the mad NPCs you find are on the brink of turning fully hollow.

When you turn fully hollow, you go feral. But you'll notice that many of the hollows you find are wearing armor, and fight the way they did when they were alive. These are recently turned hollows. The longer they exist, the less they act like humans. They forget how to fight. Their armor rots off and drops.

The oldest hollows are those in rags. The older ones than that are likely the mad ones who don't even attack.

So it's a process.
>>
File: 05.jpg (36 KB, 163x225) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
36 KB, 163x225
>>337959397
>The Age of Dark is likely just the age of weird Dark Monsters everywhere.

Sounds just like the Age of Fire to me..
>>
>>337956514
Yeah, it's your home base where you can go to sell your items, upgrade your weapons and estus, and learn new spells.

>Lorefags honestly think the devs put any real thought into lore in the series
>>
I beat NG+ with a character, ended up having about 40 VIG, END, STR, and DEX
I want to try a magic build, but my friend is also starting a first playthrough. Would it be a good idea to respec, then join his game with a new set of skills?
>>
>>337959441
It deals with Dark and Humanity based spells, so imo it seems likely. I'm not sure where the link with water comes from, but yeah I caught something like that too.

Maybe the Abyss is sealed under water? Who knows, maybe it'll come up in DLC.
>>
>>337958636
>Why are the crabs in smouldering lake embered?
>What are the ghru, the mutated and rotted descendants of farrons legion doing in demon ruins?

Dark Souls 3 enemy variety sucks ass so they just copy pasted enemies from area to area.
>>
>>337959267
>Yea, but it still doesn't explains what the Age of Dark actually is/looks like.

You see New Londo and Ooracle? That's what it's like. Darkwraiths patrolling everywhere stealing humanity. Darkness. The Abyss.

It's not a fun place. The Snakes are LYING when they say this is the "Age of Men". Technically true I guess. Men become Darkwraiths and they fight each other and everyone else to be King Darkwraith with the most humanity. But is that where you'd want to live?
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 199x253
What is the fucking point of keeping the world in DS alive?

It is eternally fucked as long as the flame is burning, the age of dark is just natural evolution reboot that NEEDS to happen.

Bloodborne's world was changed by ayylmaos but still functions.
Demon's was just Boletaria being cut off from the rest of the world.

So why?

Why no brong age of dark finally, why is it considered "bad" ending.
>>
>>337959738
The best indicator that they really do put a lot of thought in to it is by comparing vanilla DaS with AOTA.
>>
>>337958531
Time is relative to where you're standing tho. Just your left is my right if were facing each other
>>
>>337958636
>nothing, they are just random shit from stuck in to desperately try to make profaned capital not look like shit
>its underground
>nope, profaned capital is just a random zone thrown in by from to be an extra zone, it doesnt
have any significance
>the statues are irrelevant, they were created by an unpaid intern desperate to leave work and chug a liter of asahi before enduring yet another mindless day at fromsoft coding bit assets.
>no its the same as the ones every where else. the profaned flame is referenced in many zones in conjunction with many bosses and is clearly just a throwaway lore term that has no overarching purpose besides the director telling the writers to throw it into their daily product at one of the meetings
>its found in the profaned capital cuz yhorm is a giant, no other reason, From isnt very deep
>because they are a copy paste model from another zone and they bleed in those zones
>to make them look different from other crabs. They arent actually embered
>to give players loot for exploring
>because candles are fucking everywhere in ds 3. They think it makes it look cool and gothic. Really just fucking retarded. Especially in the archive where they would burn all those books down after just a few minutes.
>Because they didnt feel like designing new enemies for a hidden area, lazy shits.
>>
File: life in the age of dark.gif (2 MB, 409x304) Image search: [Google]
life in the age of dark.gif
2 MB, 409x304
>>337958167
The Age of Dark is a mixed bag. You're right that the Gods are influencing humans to extend the Age of Fire for their own livelihood and power, but the main thing is that most humans just aren't prepared to deal with life in the Age of Dark (if you could call it that). More than anything, the fear of the Gods has conditioned them to be afraid too.

But that's just the perspective of most humans. What actual danger does the Age of Dark pose outside of fundamental changes not only to lighting, but the concepts of life and death itself? That depends on who assumes the mantle of the Gods in the Age of Dark.

Oolacile and Manus shows us that a rampant and wild, corrupted Age of Dark is a fiercely predatory environment. The only humanoids you meet still alive are either vultures like Chester or possessing great martial ability such as Cirian or Hawkeye Gough. The Age of Dark is horrible if it is corrupted by the Abyss, which is independent of the dying of the flames. The flame wasn't dying when you go back in time to Oolacile.

But, the Untended Graves of Dark Souls 3 shows us a different Age of Dark. There are dangers there, yes, but they're located in what has arguably been the most post-apocalyptic place in the Dark Souls universe. And even then, you find a lonely old lady in Firelink, living peacefully and undisturbed. Though we don't know what fundamentals of life have changed with the Dark, we know that it still goes on.

An undead is someone branded with the darksign. A hollow is an undead who has lost their human features and is not in posession of humanity, and are in constant danger of going mad should they let despair eat them up.
>>
File: back-to-the-past.jpg (39 KB, 460x225) Image search: [Google]
back-to-the-past.jpg
39 KB, 460x225
FLS IS IN THE FUTURE

EVERYTHING ELSE IS IN THE SAME PAST THAT UNTENDED GRAVES IS IN

GUNDYR ARRIVES AFTER YOU PLUNDERED THE LORDS, TAKING THEIR HEADS WITH YOU TO THE FUTURE
>>
>>337959993
Age of Dark is just age of purge.

Everything that dark soul created will vanish as the flame is out.

It will be eternal darkness until world is not ready for rebirth.
>>
>>337959441
The Deep:

Aldrich had a vision of a age of the deep sea

His covenant ranks up by giving human dregs to the archdeacon in the water reserve

dregs:

the remnants of a liquid left in a container, together with any sediment.

Described as the heaviest part of a human body, literally because it's water, and it will sink to the lowest depths imaginable, the deep.

You kill cathedral trespassers in dark souls 3 to gain more dregs, and give them to the deacon.

But like all covenant items you have to ask "why do they want these?"

And the answer is simple:

>aldrich saw a vision of the deep sea
>decided to suck the human dregs, or water out of every human, or turn them into water whatever
>aldrich stores this in the "water reserrve" in anor londo

Aldrich's plan is literally to turn every human into a sea

great deep soul description

"Archdeacon McDonnell, a sorcerer himself, delighted in the cathedral's stagnating souls. For him, they represented the glorious bedrock of this world.

it's interesting they use the term bedrock to describe the process
>>
>>337960009
I know this goes against the lore, but I wanted to see at least one place unaffected by the Curse for something unique. Like a Holy land of some sorts. The further you proceed into the area the more the land/people are affected by the Curse.
>>
>>337960009
>What is the fucking point of keeping the world in DS alive?

So that people can live their lives in peace without zombie apocalypse. Between the age of fire ending there are centuries of normality.

Dark Souls world is just our world's entropy just sped up like a billion times faster.

The Age of Dark is just New Londo for the whole world. Don't believe the lies of the Snakes. They are destroyers of civilizations who work behind the scenes to wreck everything.
>>
>>337959397
>he original form of ALL human like creatures are Hollow.
you fucked up in the first sentence
they are pygmies in the beginning

The fuck you doing
>>
File: pickle pee_full bod.jpg (857 KB, 1200x1393) Image search: [Google]
pickle pee_full bod.jpg
857 KB, 1200x1393
I got a piece of exclusive lore for you.

pickle pee is best crow and best girl
>>
>>337960613
You are wrong.

At best ot buys few thousands of years and it doesn't remove the curse of undead/hollow.
It doesn't remove the demons.

World in Dark Souls is vegetable being kept alive just so it can mumble something once per x years.

It needs a reboot no matter how drastic.

Age of Dark doesn't literally mean there won't be any light source.
It means that Dark Soul will vanish.
>>
>>337960613
but literally everything is ds is a zombie. You wander around for hours and hours and hours and everything you find attacks you for no fucking reason. There is no normality and absolutely no civilization. Its just an endless trudge through ruined hallways killing enemies and then killing more powerful bosses, only 5 or six of whom actually have some lore related reason to fight
>>
Are the cycles a result of a plot between Kaathe and Frampt, or are they the natural result of their struggle?

Are they working together, or fighting each other?

What did they do in the Age of Dragons, prior to the rise of Gwyn?
>>
File: 1403812045844.png (361 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
1403812045844.png
361 KB, 858x725
>>337958796
I hate this shitty cop out so fucking much.
>>
>>337959397
Undead/Hollow is definitely not Humanity's natural state.

We don't know what Humans would become once the Age of Dark actually starts.
>>
Untended Graves is just a fucking laziness n From's part so they can reuse a location.

No matter what it doesn't make sense from any standpoint as you just drop there from Lothric castle.
>>
>>337959673
I love when this stuff has fun little meta implications.
>All of the characters you've made and kept but don't play as are them in a further state of hollowing.
>Every character that someone made who then quit the game have completely hollowed.
>>
>>337960210
>The flame wasn't dying when you go back in time to Oolacile.
Yes it was because that was the first outbreak of the curse

The curse in Dark Souls 1 was the second outbreak of the curse
>>
So I finished the game today.

Is the normal version of the End of Fire ending canon? It's gotta be, right? I mean everything is looping in this series. The age of dark is inevitable and now it finally happens. But just as the Firekeeper mentioned, fire will come back at some point and everything will start again.

Just like at the beginning of Dark Souls 1 where everything was dark and suddenly fire appeared. It's an endless loop.
>>
>>337961337
It's more to present the player with questions on the timeline aspect of the whole situation
>>
>>337960840
>you fucked up in the first sentence
>they are pygmies in the beginning

The creatures you see in the intro look, act, and move like Hollows. They're hollows. Why assume some new race called "Pygmies" exist? use Occam's razor please.

And what is the Curse other than removing your soul turning you into a hollow again? It fits perfectly.

>>337961076

DS games take place during the waning of the flame, in areas where zombies have taken over. This is not normal. When the fire is strong, civilizations flourish. Life is normal. No different than what you see around you now. Would you not want to save that?

The world we see in DS games is the world at it's absolute worse. So don't judge it like that.

>>337961096

We don't know how old the Serpents are. They might be much older than any of the cycles. Gwyn's cycle might not even be the first.

I see no reason to take the explanations given to you about them as reasonable. The Serpents work to bring about The Age of Dark. Why? Who knows. They might be nuts, or serve some other master. Frampt befriended Gywn and changed sides. He likes humanity. He wishes to continue the age of Fire.
>>
Guys it is simple.

Age of Fire = Benefits gods and higher beings.

Age of Dark = In the end would benefit humans (as they would emerge after all gods and other beings died).

No more souls.
No more rebirth.
No more bidding of gods.

After few aeons humans would become what we pretty much are.
>>
>>337961421
oh god, all my DS2 chars. I've abandoned them to rot
>>
I am pretty sure between DS1 and DS3 at least 10000 years have passes.

How the FUCK is Andre alive in any way,shape of form?
>>
>>337961621
>the age of dark would eventually result in Lordchan and Catarina shitposters

SUNLIGHT FOR LIFE
>>
>>337961337
The transition to it could have been a lot better, i'll agree with that at least.

Right now it's either "you walk trough a door and go back in time" or "you walk through a door and see the real firelink, but that doesn't make sense because in this one area the age of fire has ended".

Obviously I think the first one is right, but it still makes little sense with the way it's constructed. Time and space in convoluted indeed.
>>
File: 1463292852588.jpg (32 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1463292852588.jpg
32 KB, 480x640
>tfw too lazy to recolor properly
>>
>>337961874
hollows are completely immortal.
>>
>>337961874
memes kept him alive
>>
Firelink is behind lothric castle.

When you warp to the high wall it's on the far side of the castle, firelink and untended graves are kind of a peninsula/outcropping jutting away from everywhere else.

On a related note, looking at the structure of the belltower above firelink, could it be a derelict version of undead parish? It kind of looks similar when you stand at the bonfire before Iudex at the beginning.
>>
>>337961584
>The creatures you see in the intro look, act, and move like Hollows. They're hollows. Why assume some new race called "Pygmies" exist?
Are you fucking retarded. Pygmies aren't a new race.

It is explicitly stated that everyone were pygmies in the beginning.
They are literal nothings, the start.
Until they get souls they become what ever is assigned to them.
Hollows are only to Humans. Pygmies who gained the Dark Soul became Human. Once the curse happened, they are branded with the darksign. They are now Undead. They can not die but the next best thing to dying is going Hollow. They are still undead but they lost all their souls/humanity/motivation etc and is now HOLLOW.

Pygmy is the very beginning and Hollow is at the end.
>>
>>337961874

Could have easily have been awoken from his grave at the same time as the player character. Notably Blacksmiths seem to be very resilient to hollowing too since smithing is always needed so they never lose their purpose.
>>
>>337961543
>>337961337

At the first Firelink Shrine/ Unattended Graves you can see Lothric castle at day time.

After you defeat Oceiros, which is during the whole sun eclipse thing, you drop down to a 2nd Unattended Graves in complete darkness.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Fister frank is the most powerful being..
>>
>>337961621
But I don't understand. Age of Dark is literally just the world in complete darkness. Nothing lives, right? At the end of the day it's fire that powers life into the earth, without it it's just an empty dark place. How would humans live? They'd stop existing until the fire comes back again like in DaS1.
>>
>>337962118
>It is explicitly stated that everyone were pygmies in the beginning.

Where did they say this?
>>
File: 1454511264808.png (906 KB, 1126x845) Image search: [Google]
1454511264808.png
906 KB, 1126x845
>>337961584
I think he meant a diminished state. if every one cant be in a diminished state because diminished in relation to what?

pygmies are tiny islanders whos dietary habits have caused them to evolve in to slightly smaller humans.
>>
>>337961874
WELL, YOU SEE, TIME IS CONVOLUTED..
>>
>>337962118
i want pygmy poster to go and stay go

they were called pygmys because, in relation to literally everything else, they were tiny and inconsequential

imagine if ants called themselves the faggariki or something in their shitty little ant society, do you think we'd stop calling them ants
>>
>>337962118

Why do the "pygmies" in the intro look exactly like hollows?
>>
>>337962250
Considering those were all of the things rising when the fire was gaining power, and it later describes the furtive pygmy as having taken a lord soul as well, they were likely all pygmys before allowing the Lord Souls to change them (except of course for him). Kaathe later met the Pygmy and was like 'yeah dawg, age of dark sounds cool let's do it'.
>>
>>337962015
This shit should've been handled differently.

You break illusion after illusion after illusion and then you pass weird barrier into Unatended Graves.

Once you get Fire Keeper Eyes, you can dispell the illusion the Fire Keepers are casting on the world and see it in it's "real" state.

Aka literally no sun.
Eternal darkness.
No return.

Would be great way to turn DS3 into nightmare.
>>
>>337961584
>Gwyn's cycle might not even be the first

Nah. It's definitely the first, because everything was gray and craggy and shit and then the first flame was discovered. It might take place after an ashen one super far in the past pulled a betrayal ending, but that's just pure speculation.
>>
>>337960407
I'd like to say

The reason you collect human dregs is because it'S described as the heaviest part of the human body

And what happens when you put something heavy in the water ? IT goes deeper faster
>>
>>337962440
>>337962369

He's called Furtive Pygmy because he's tiny and weak. Easy to ignore. The others turned giant and got cool super powers.

>>337962471

If the fire completely burns out it turns into the Gray and craggy world of dragons and hollows. The beginning of DS is thus just the end of another cycle. The cycles may in fact even go on infinitely far into the past.
>>
>>337962435
Because what makes a hollow?

A Hollow who lost all his souls

Whats a pygmy. A being who has no souls

A hollow is essentially reverting back to pygmy state

WOW ROCKET SURGERY!

>>337962369
See above

>they were called pygmies because, in relation to literally everything else, they were tiny and inconsequential
before obtaining the Lord Souls. The former pygmy lords were
Tiny and inconsequential to the Stone Dragons

LIGHTNING

>>337962250
Whos the holder of the dark soul

Isn't Furtive Hollow now is it

Hope to fuck you guys don't visit vaati or some shit because you guys sound like his fans.
>>
The Serpents are obviously one hydra creature.

We will likely fight them as a boss fight.

But it won't be in the DLC. Because that's too final. DSIII DLC will jerk uss around and give us some hints but will resolve nothing. They will want to leave the door open for sequels in the future. They might take a 10 year break, but there will be more Dark Souls games.

And killing the Serpents would be something you'd do in an endgame scenario. Kill the Primordial Hydra. Find out he works for some bigger bad. fight that guy.
>>
>>337962771
From my understanding the "cycles" as they're referred to ingame are just the world yoyoing between Frampt's perpetuation of the age of fire and kaathe's age of dark/man. There wasn't really any indication until das3 that there could be a greater cycle with the inclusion of the betrayal ending.
>>
>>337958479
>Not sure if Undeads all have the Darksign, I think they do

>"The Darksign brands the undead..." - DaS intro
I'm pretty sure they all have it.
>>
>>337959234
So?
>>
>>337958637
>>337958796

Pretty sure everything is in the past aside from firelink shrine, archdragon peak and kiln of the first flame, since you tp to high wall of lothric which is connected to everything else.
>>
>>337962448
>shamalamafingdong tier tweest
>>
>>337961327
>Lord of Hollows
I wonder what humans would be in this Age...
>>
Was Aldrich originally just a normal guy? When he first started eating people, was he literally eating them (i.e. fork and knife style) or was it a metaphorical consumption?

And why the hell would he want to link the fire?
>>
Are the Dark ending in DaS different from the one in DaS3? Is the Usurpation of Fire the same thing as The Dark Lord ending in DaS?
What does that make of the End of Fire?
>>
>>337964156
He didn't want to link the fire, its implied he was forced into his position due to his strength.
>>
>>337961524
In the end all the endings gives you the same answer: the First Flame is over.

Usurper is the only with some small little twist with consequences we can't foresee.
>>
>>337964156
remember what anri said, that he wasn't turned into a lord by choice but because of his power.
>>
>>337964156
Yes

And this >>337964313
>>
>>337964447
fuck, not anri, it was hawkwood i think
>>
>>337964447
Not Anri, Hawkwood
>>
So is giving tongues to Rosaria corrupting her or is the method of rebirth corrupting her? It seems Leonhard wanted to protect her from you, suddenly, because you're too much for her soul?
>>
>>337961584
Americans can't understand that two names can be given to the same thing in different contexts. You won't succeed convincing all of them.
>>
>>337956514
>place a message down in firelink
>it doesnt appear in dark firelink
>place a message down in dark firelink
>it appears in firelink

Its in the past. Jesus.
>>
>>337959441
The Deep sounds like 'Dark' but without human influence. The Abyss is explicitly linked with Manus and humanity going wild and shit, and they used water to imprison 4kings and darkwraiths.
>>
>>337964625
Leonhard is just a nut. He kills her because he's secretly a Princess Guard and wants to take her soul back up to gwyneveres chamber in anor londo to restore her to her original glory.
>>
>>337964289
No
You walk away from the flame to let it die out in 1
and you take the flame into yourself in 3

You would think they would be the same but walking away allows the flame to still be reignite causing more age of fire

in 3s, you steal the flame into yourself where it can't be reignited again and is forever inside you
>>
File: crossbreed-priscilla-large[1].jpg (60 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
crossbreed-priscilla-large[1].jpg
60 KB, 600x338
>Soul of Aldrich
>Can be used to make Darkmoon Longbow or Lifehunt Scythe via Soul Transposition

She's gone isn't she?
>>
>>337964625
Leonhard is just obsessed with Gwynevere and think that can use Rosaria to ressurrect her since she is the mother of Rebirth.

You are not corrupting her, just giving her a tongue and she checks if it's hers. I think it was the prince who took her tongue though.
>>
>>337965024

>Aldrich dreamt as he slowly devoured the God of the Darkmoon. In this dream, he perceived the form of a young, pale girl in hiding.
>>
>>337965024
Blah blah blah miracles are just stories and Aldrich dreamt about her that's how he has the miracle blah blah fluffy tail blah waifu blah blah etc.

This has been hashed out over one trillion times.
>>
File: saintofthedeep.png (2 MB, 1919x811) Image search: [Google]
saintofthedeep.png
2 MB, 1919x811
>>337965024
nom nom :3
>>
File: 123131123123.jpg (414 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
123131123123.jpg
414 KB, 1920x1080
Okay someone help me out here:
>Who the fuck is The Nameless King? He moves, acts and has a moveset reminiscent of Ornstein, YET you find his armor with no body and saying he was searching for him.
>What's that building you see from the big weapon thingy in the Smouldering Lake?
>Why are all the fragments of the abyss reincarnated as women if Manus had a dong?
Contributing to the thread, did you notice that all the black goop in Aldrich's room is actually a mess made of blood and corpses?
>>
File: 1463382992318.gif (2 MB, 427x387) Image search: [Google]
1463382992318.gif
2 MB, 427x387
>>337964652
>pointless nationalism post
>>
>>337965370
>Who the fuck is The Nameless King? He moves, acts and has a moveset reminiscent of Ornstein, YET you find his armor with no body and saying he was searching for him.
Main belief is that he's the Sun's Firstborn. It's pretty ironclad.
>>
>>337965271

Her getting killed off screen is such a bitch move. We never even knew anything about her.
>>
If regular firelink is in the future and everything else in the game is in the past/present, how do NPCs warp between the two like nothing is up?
>>
>>337965370
>Who the fuck is The Nameless King?
There are a couple of theories. Gwyn's Son, whom the broken statue of the Warriors of Sunlight covenant was originally of, who lost the annals of history.
Alternatively, or perhaps in addition to, Faraam the war god who switched to the losing side in Gwyn's war against the dragons.
>>
>>337965370
Nameless King is the First Born Son of Gwyn

You can find Ornstein's armor or body? near by the belfry bonfire. Ornstein is said to be a student of the First Born and a follower. It's implied he went on a search for the First Born
>>
File: 5456515156156561.png (407 KB, 1029x641) Image search: [Google]
5456515156156561.png
407 KB, 1029x641
>>337965703
time's convoluted
>>
>>337965583
I'm joking honestly, we don't know that she's dead. As someone else pointed out, the Lifehuint Scythe seems to be the result of seeing a vision of Gwyndolin's.
>>
>>337965583
She didn't died offscreen. Calm down, he just dreamt about her while feeding on Gwyndolin.
She may be still locked in the painting after all these years.
>>
>>337965703
By it not being in the future. I've still not been convinced by this.

Also this >>337965830
>>
>>337965370
>Who the fuck is The Nameless King? He moves, acts and has a moveset reminiscent of Ornstein, YET you find his armor with no body and saying he was searching for him

Gwyn's son

>What's that building you see from the big weapon thingy in the Smouldering Lake?

Smouldering lake is Ash Lake + Izalith fused together

>Why are all the fragments of the abyss reincarnated as women if Manus had a dong?

Maybe he always wanted qt daughters, who knows.
>>
>>337965839
More to the point, it is rather telling that lifehunt scythe miracle is specifically JUST the power of the lifehunt, not the actual physical scythe itself, which would make for concrete evidence that she was et by aldy. The fact that it's specifically a miracle, which are divine stories, but stories nonetheless, seems to run counter to the belief that Priscilla was consumed by Aldrich.
>>
The opening cutscene displays 3 lords of cinder rising from their graves.

Where are these graves?

I remember anri saying that aldrich's was in the cathedral of the deep, but I couldn't be certain what structure it was

They all look like they rise in the firelink shrine graveyard area, but there doesn't appear to be exact equivalents there.

The abyss watchers could just be rising in farrons keep, but Yhorm especially, I have no idea.
>>
How the fudge is Yorshka the sister of Moon Fuckboy?
>>
>>337966179
Yhorm is probably the big Coffin in the arena you fight Gundyr.
>>
>>337966179
Aldrich woke up in the deacons boss room.

Yhorm probably woke up near the profaned capital or something.
>>
File: it's alllllllllright.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
it's alllllllllright.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>>337959125
>>337959234
This is very nice
I knew most of this stuff but seeing it but together in such a neatly tight way makes everything much more clear
>>
>>337966179
Aldrich I believe is in the room whrre you fight deacons, not sure about abyss watchers, but my theory is that yhorms grave is the giant stone coffin with a tree on it in iudex's arena.
>>
>>337966179
More importantly, why did the intro not show Ludleth or the Twin Princes?
>>
>>337966298
She's not
>>
>>337966469
They never Linked the Fire.
The intro only shows the ones who did.
>>
File: image.jpg (787 KB, 1200x666) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
787 KB, 1200x666
What was his fucking problem?
>>
>>337966550

All the item descriptions say otherwise
>>
>>337966469
Because they refused to link the fire

and thats why the other four awoken.
>>
>>337966469
Ludleth was probably already sitting his charred ass on the throne.

Twin princes didn't link the fire so they never woke up from the dead or anything.
>>
>>337966469
Ludleth wasn't a boss. Twin Princes refused to be Lords.
>>
>>337966083
>Smouldering lake is Ash Lake + Izalith fused together
Nah, i mean when you are already up there with the big fucking crosbow, theres a hole in the cave and you see a building in the distance
>>
File: Hide pontiff threads.png (644 KB, 1306x892) Image search: [Google]
Hide pontiff threads.png
644 KB, 1306x892
>>337966604
Reminder
>>
>>337966604
He just couldn't wait to be king
>>
>>337966850
Pls post a pic because I have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>337959234
So ponty was mad and everyone tried to kill yhorm because he hallowed and hallowing is bad
>>
>>337966604
>no armour
pretty lame desu
>>
File: image.jpg (758 KB, 1364x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
758 KB, 1364x768
Why Yuria choose AO to be a king candidate in the first place?
>>
>>337966850
It's the irithyll dungeon entrance.

The only issue is, that they rushed the development, so that smouldering lake can't be seen from the irithyll dungeon-distant manor bit.

Which is pretty frustrating honestly.

It's interesting that smouldering lake is effectively underneath irithyll
>>
>>337966678
She's not and I know what they item descriptions say.

It is possibly that she is saying it in a religious tense like how you'll call your priest father and a nun sister.

Gwyndolin is probably her father because when Aldrich ate Gwyndolin, Aldrich dreamt of Priscilla while doing so.

Yorshka looks like Priscilla and possibly her daughter.

Gwyndolin protected Yorshka and Yorshka inherited the Darkmoon covenant when Gwyndolin was gone.

Why would you believe Yorshka when she thought you fucking flew to her? She's naive and trusts anything you say.

Yorshka wasn't around in Dark Souls 1. How could her father be Gwyn. Think bro
>>
>>337966678
It might not be his biological sister though

Yorshka's chime says this

>A sacred chime belonging to Yorshka. Her brother, the former knight captain, presented her with this medium together with another gift: her name.

If she was Gwyn's daughter then she wouldn't need trapboy god to give her a name.
>>
>>337959581
Dark can't exist without light.
>>
>>337967178
Because nobody can resist that ashen cock
>>
>>337967209
>>337967215
My theory here. Yorshka is not her real name according to the chime. So...bear with me.

What if she is Ocellote and an actual HE.

After all, he's the only character we know that was on the run and missing. And considering Gwyndolin backstory, him raising another being as a she (like he was) is not far fetched. And used him to fill the hole left by Priscilla incarceration. She was clearly in his thoughts even in death if we take Aldritch miracle as a base.
>>
>>337967194
Thanks senpai
>>
File: VDq5rCg.jpg (113 KB, 445x518) Image search: [Google]
VDq5rCg.jpg
113 KB, 445x518
>>337967591
That sounds good
>>
>>337967591
people like to dismiss that theory but i never see any evidence against it being plausible. i personally like it, and yeah the item descriptions and bit about how Gwyndolin gave Yorshka her name... i mean, it could work
>>
>>337967209

She's probably not really his sister, but she explicitly says older brother.

Again, this is a Japanese game, and they could be being liberal with big brother and was probably an older brother mentor. Does DaS3 have jap audio like BB?
>>
File: Vaati enters a Souls thread.webm (568 KB, 1270x532) Image search: [Google]
Vaati enters a Souls thread.webm
568 KB, 1270x532
>>337967796
>>
Just remember that lore is seasoning, not meat.
>>
>>337967860
I dont believe it does

And you could be right. This could be Mizayaki writing "Big brother" that any person would call a brother figure in japan
>>
File: Locations pic.png (107 KB, 1401x358) Image search: [Google]
Locations pic.png
107 KB, 1401x358
>>337958636
Im not sure about the Lothric linking the fire part since somewhere it says he didn't but otherwise i think this one checks out
>>
>>337967908

Why is the webm not of him stealing someone else's work?
>>
>>337967591
My personal headcanon is that Gwynevere after giving birth to Ocelotte, took her/him away from Oceiros and gave the child to Gwyndolin so he could give Ocellotte some semblance of a normal life and not be a lab rat for the king like the other 2 sons tbqh.
>>
>>337961874
He awoke when the bell tolled, just like you.
>>
>>337968140
because it's him entering a souls thread.
>>
>>337958167
The age of fire is all just a meme, used to control the humans. Aldia proved that if people just ignored the rekindling they could accomplish great things like actually curing the curse, but you kill him anyways because "muh fire".
>inb4 dark souls 2 is banned from discussion by the hivemind
>>
File: 51515615151.gif (3 MB, 428x241) Image search: [Google]
51515615151.gif
3 MB, 428x241
>>337968193
What really gets me scratching my head is why theres another maiden in Dark Firelink, her voice sounds different, like she's a separate person to the Firelink maiden
>>
>>337967178

Because he's an ashen one that regained the dark sigil/darksign after resurrection as a champion of ash, which meant he could usurp the fire.

Basically you get to be a super-hollow. Instead of just bursting into kindling when you try and link the flames, your corrupted ash-undead body taints the fire.
>>
>>337965779
the war god is Gywn's sun
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Ring+of+the+Sun's+First+Born
>>
>>337968658
Again, Dark Firelink is in the past. It's the same maiden, younger.
>>
>>337968658

She is separate. You kill her, she doesn't come back
>>
>>337968593
When 3 convalidate tree Aldia and the Crown powers you have permission to use it in discussion. Until then it's worthless.
>>
>>337968140
>le vaati is a plagiarizer maymay

fuck off back to r.eddit
>>
>>337968658
Its the same woman

If you NEVER talk to the firelink shrinemaiden and talk to the abyss one first

go back to the firelink shrinemaiden and she'll state that she remembers you
>>
>>337961137
Especially since it wasn't even originally intended to explain lore at all. It was just a cool in-universe explanation for why coop can happen, but then in dark souls 3 they used it to put literal nostalgia pandering in.
>>
>>337968658
It's the same Maiden.
She has a different dialogue if you only speak with her after checking Untended Graves first. Time travel bro.
>>
>>337962176

darkness isn't Dark

Dark is the absence of flame and would presumably be like the age of dragons except with humans instead of dragons
>>
>>337968842
Fuck off Vaati you absolute cunt
>>
File: VaatiVidya.jpg (7 KB, 368x193) Image search: [Google]
VaatiVidya.jpg
7 KB, 368x193
>>337968842
>fuck off back to the place where they suck vaati's cock

Okay Vaati, you can fuck off anytime
>>
Is an Ashen One/Unkindled One just a dead person who was awoken by the bells to start on the quest to re-link the Fire?

Does the bell wake all dead people up?
>>
File: 1452129565190.png (413 KB, 641x259) Image search: [Google]
1452129565190.png
413 KB, 641x259
>>337968842
Go to bed vaati
>>
>>337968849
>being that kid
>>
File: 1434545002544.jpg (225 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1434545002544.jpg
225 KB, 800x533
>>337968842

>defending content stealing patreocucks
>>
>>337956514
Why does Firelink look so different from DaS to DaS3
>>
>>337959397
>he didn't pay ANY attention to Aldia's dialogue in Dark Souls 2
Nigga, Aldia was studying human's affinity for flame and the original linking by Gwyn. He gives you all the info you need to debase the whole "dur Age of Dark is bad" or "dur Age of Fire is bad."

He tells you that Gwyn used his power to merge the Dark Soul, which was the Pygmy's domain and therefore the true affinity of all humans, to a great lust for flame. This is how he gets powerful undead to link the fire every time it's on the verge of fading, because his soul and the souls of the gods have an affinity for flame, so dark would be shitty for their power.
>Peace grants men the illusion of life.
>Shackled by falsehoods, they yearn for love, unaware of its grand illusion.
>Until, the curse touches their flesh.
>We are bound by this yoke.
>As true as the Dark that churns within men.
>All men trust fully the illusion of life.
>But is this so wrong?
>A construction, a facade, and yet…
>A world full of warmth and resplendence.

However, because of this, even an Age of Dark doesn't spell out the end of humanity's problems. Because the curse that Gwyn put on humans is so strong, fire will be born one day even out of an Age of Dark. The fire keeper in DS3 tells us this even.
>The eyes show a world without fire, a vast stretch of darkness. But 'tis different to what is seen when stripped of vision. In the far distance, I sense the presence of tiny flames. Like precious embers, left to us by past Lords, linkers of the fire.

There is no good ending to all this, world is shitty either way. Weirdly enough, I kinda like the Hollow Lord ending that we got, because while linking the fire removes the curse for awhile and renouncing it will only bring about another Age of Fire in the end, the Hollow Lord ending allows humanity to embrace their true affinity for Dark, as, like you said
>The original form of ALL human like creatures are Hollow.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c7zv_my0JA

This proves Vaati's innocence. You guys are just haters!
>>
>>337968842
Get off /v/ Vaati, you're not liked here or anywhere except your shill channel.
>>
>>337968842
>deleted
Yo, vaati.
>>
Am I the only one that hates it when youtubers like Vaati try to sound mysterious or dark? I just want normal talking.
>>
>>337969076
i wish i could suck vaati's cock. he;s uncut yeah?
>>
>>337969230

Dark Souls 2 is incoherent mess. I have no clue what the plot of the game even is.

Other than "there are tons of cycles" it's completley ignored.
>>
>>337969102
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5mHuSFRzZM
>>
Is the Curse-Rotted Greatwood into Cock and Ball Torture?

Why does he make no attempt to cover his ballsack and just spread his legs and allow you to slash and smash at his delicate man eggs?

What does it mean?

Could it be a metaphor about man's self destructive nature?

Is Miyazaki trying to hell us his kinks?
>>
>>337959524
I dunno, it strikes me odd that there are Black Knights in the Untended Graves.

Like there was some hostile take over by the Gods
>>
>>337969283
he's Australian so of course he sounds dark and mysterious. Australians are never up to any good
>>
>>337965370

You must be literally braindead to not know who NK is
>>
>>337969508
That doesn't make sense desu senpai
>>
>>337968658

Same woman. My theory on firelink vs darklink is that:

>Lothric was supposed to link the fire in this cycle, but refused
>Gundyr went to take his place but was too late - fire was too faded and needed the flames of lords of cinder to get another cycle going
>Alternatively, the fire's been rekindled so many times at this point Gundyr found out that one soul just wasn't enough (which could also be one reason Lothric decided not to bother linking the flame)
>So the Ashen ritual gets used instead
>That's what we see the firekeeper doing in the opening cinematic
>Shrine maiden makes her way to the untended graves (or never leaves them, being undead or whatever)
>Firekeeper enacts the ritual and gets sucked into a pocket dimension firelink along with the shrine maiden
>Andre gets resurrected and put to work as the shrine blacksmith
>You get rezzed as an ashen one and the game begins

So it basically acts like the hunter's dream. Based on a real world place and summons in real world people (doll exists in both versions) but exists outside of time to allow the protagonist to serve their purpose.
>>
>>337959217
Hes the final boss
>>
>>337969616
I also cringed when I watched a video of TerraMantis on Manus. Jesus Christ that was horrible
>>
>>337969735
Ha. Partly true I suppose.
>>
What if the dragons were the good guys all along?
>>
>>337969616
>Australians have no originality and only steal other peoples work
>Lore
>Memes
>internet connection
>>
Somebody please try to coherently answer these, I'd be very grateful:

-If Lothric and Lorian didnt want to kindle the fire and didnt, why are they Lords of Cinder if they havent kindled the flame?

-If all the Lords of Cinder are resurrected, why isnt Gwyn, the first Lord, resurrected?

-Why isnt the Chosen Undead resurrected (if the canon ending is him linking the fire)?

-Did we awaken Gwyn after ringing the two bells of awakening in Dark Souls?

-
>>
>>337969230
>However, because of this, even an Age of Dark doesn't spell out the end of humanity's problems. Because the curse that Gwyn put on humans is so strong, fire will be born one day even out of an Age of Dark. The fire keeper in DS3 tells us this even.
>>The eyes show a world without fire, a vast stretch of darkness. But 'tis different to what is seen when stripped of vision. In the far distance, I sense the presence of tiny flames. Like precious embers, left to us by past Lords, linkers of the fire.

Interesting how you took it that way. I interpreted it more as

>Fire dies, but embers remain
>No more reliance on gods and central fire and all that jazz; people instead muster up the fire within and become their own embers
>>
>>337961874
fanservice is strong and can keep people alive for 10000 years
>>
>>337969735
Solaire's soul is inside the Soul of Cinder
>>
>>337957987
They're in the same time and space because if you make a stain in one it appears in the other.

>>337956514
Ludleth created the lit one over the dark one so there'd be a new chance of linking the fire.
>>
>>337969887
t. nameless king
>>
File: Holy Bastards.png (550 KB, 1015x624) Image search: [Google]
Holy Bastards.png
550 KB, 1015x624
Would they be friends?
>>
File: 1419624835370.jpg (14 KB, 233x270) Image search: [Google]
1419624835370.jpg
14 KB, 233x270
>>337969230
>Gwyn used his power to merge the Dark Soul
What the fuck does that even mean?
Where did you get this info?

I know all the other stuff "al lie will remian a lie blah blah blah"
But i can remember nowhere Aldia mentioning anything about Gwyn doing anything with a dark soul
>>
>>337969913
I think that the Bells of Awakening in the first Dark Souls only awaken the giant who opens the door to Sen's Fortress.
>>
>>337960009
You know how, in the real world, our technological growth and dependency on fossil fuels are unsustainable, and we are scrambling to find and develop new viable sources of energy?

It's like that. We have a status quo, and we want to maintain it. We'll do what it takes, and what it takes is respectively to link the flame, or switch to wage wars for more oil and/or switch to nuclear/solar energy or some shit.
>>
>>337969913
Being a LoC doesn't mean you have linked the flame. Like Hawkwood said Aldrich never linked it, but is one due to power.

The ones that are resurrected are presumably the most recent ones.

The ones that are not resurrected, are instead resurrected as the oversoul of those who linked the fire. Soul of Cinder
>>
File: 5612121231.gif (2 MB, 235x392) Image search: [Google]
5612121231.gif
2 MB, 235x392
>>337961874
We don't even know what all those other Andres were back in Ds1. My guess is they are probably some kind of animated vessel, like a golem or something.
>>
>Usurper Ending
>First Flame fades.
>Become Dark Lord
>Use servants to gather the Dark Souls.
>Undead curse breaks thanks to the Dark Soul being gathered
>Immortal thanks to the Dark souls
>Spread controlled shards of humanity so
small population stays human.
>People start dying.
>Babies are born due to more space/resources
>Autonomous society using thermal energy(demon ruins)/Crystal magic
>Many years pass
>Still in position of total power
>Become paranoid
>People become tired of your rule/monitoring

Think Big Brother

>Technology advances further, powered by
crystal magic.
>Dark Lord develops military tech to completely
crush resistance.
>Some time passes.
>Strange flame is found by some rebels.
>Lord souls dispensed by strange flame.
>Rebels see chance to usurp dark lord, return flame to the world
>Dark Lord wants to maintain status quo.

Enter Armored Souls.
More futuristic Dark Souls with actual implications at the end. Exo suits may or may not be included.
>>
>>337970314

Aldrich linked the flame forced by Sullyvahn though.

If the present time happens when Lothric and Lorian live, there's no reason for them to be called Lords of Cinder after you kill them, and there's also no reason why they have an "embered" fiery second phase.
>>
>>337969683
Nah, Unkindles have been a thing for looong time before we arrive. It doesn't start with the game.

And i personally think Gundyr was tricked. Someone set him up since from his description, his armor and weapon were clearly made to withstand the test of time. So whoever sent him there, knew he would be locked in those Graves for a long time.
>>
>>337970314
Hawkwood said that he became a LoC because his absurd strength made people scared of him and so they decided to lock him up and make him link the fire in some attempt to kill him, not because he wanted to link the fire out of good intentions aka virtue like everyone else.
>>
>>337970545
Hawkwood said Aldrich never linked the flame. But is only a lord of cinder for boss might
>>
>>337959125
>>337959234

Someone explain what the fuck did he mean by this.

That Karla burned the capital? that she profaned the flame? that the profaned flame is abyss shit? that Sullyvahn is hollow/ing? that hollows turn into trees? that giants can hollow?

I dont understand shit.
>>
>>337970683
>Hawkwood said Aldrich never linked the flame

He never says that.
>>
>>337956514

Am I crazy to think that this whole bell ringing when the flame is threatened retcons the age of dark DS1 ending?

>Chosen undead ditches the fire and leaves it to die
>Time-bending bell bullshit happens, ashen ones get summoned in
>Kill chosen undead, use his soul to rekindle the fire anyway

To me it makes more sense than this bullshit about ages of dark being followed by ages of fire. Would also explain why Kaathe wants the fire usurped this time instead (since leaving it to die is futile and all).
>>
>>337969913
>-If all the Lords of Cinder are resurrected, why isnt Gwyn, the first Lord, resurrected?
He is, everyone who isn't the ones we fight is inside Soul of Cinder.

>-Why isnt the Chosen Undead resurrected (if the canon ending is him linking the fire)?
Same as Gwyn.
>>
>>337970683
No, he said 'he was made a Lord not by virtue, but by might' Basically, he wasn't a good guy who linked the fire to help people, but someone that was strong enough to link the fire, so he was forced to
>>
>>337962448
>tfw the flame itself was an illusion all along

Would be quite a dark realization
>>
>>337970683

I thought he said he didnt link the flame by might but by power

This means he was a shit-ass nigga but was forced (by Sullyvahn) to link it because he was powerful enough

Also he's dead and resurrects from his tomb in the intro, and has a fiery phase like all other Lords of Cinder.
>>
File: 1393430597490.gif (549 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
1393430597490.gif
549 KB, 499x374
>>337969887
Name ONE thing Dragons have ever done to be usefull to the world
>we don't like change
>muh grey
>muh before time was better
Seath was literally the only one of them capable of thinking and he opted to kill them too
>>
>>337970924
Chosen undead linking the flame is the canon ending.

And it doesn't matter if you left the fire to die in DaS1, someone later would've linked it anyways.
>>
>>337971029

Usefulness came with the great souls left by the serpents probably.

Before that concepts were nonexistent and pigmys didnt have a will

You're the stereotype of fedoracore.

Seath was an angsty fag that didnt want to die because he had no scales.
>>
>>337970805
Yhorm destroyed the Profaned Flame by throwing himself with it in the First Flame.

Turns out, it backfired and killed everyone in the Capital, burning all their flesh.
>>
File: 20160515223455_1.jpg (417 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160515223455_1.jpg
417 KB, 1920x1080
What is this?
>>
File: 20160516190124_1.jpg (453 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160516190124_1.jpg
453 KB, 1920x1080
And what is this?
>>
>>337971326
Oceiros arena.
>>
So if L&L's barbecue ran away from their dad to a far away castle (iirc). Why is it that their dad is in the basement?
>>
>>337971029
Well, the world didn't have an eldritch location slowly swallowing literally everything with no chance to stop it back when the Dragons ruled everything.

Nameless King did nothing wrong.
>>
>>337956514
hey vaati
>>
>>337971326

Farron Keep / where you fight the Undead Legion fags and where you enter the catacombs.
>>
File: 456456455645.jpg (18 KB, 252x290) Image search: [Google]
456456455645.jpg
18 KB, 252x290
>>337971448
Nah, thats the big building you see underneath the Dragonslayer armor bridge. That image is the AW Mausoleum i think and >>337971417 i'd say is the entrance to the swamp
>>
>>337971326
Oceiros arena or the place where you fight the Abyss Watchers.

>>337971417
Farron Keep IIRC
>>
>>337971503
Blame it on Oolacile
>>
>>337971326

The boss arena with the abyss watchers.

>>337971417

Miscellaneous church. You can see another one in the fog behind it.
>>
Its where all the memes end up after they die
>>
File: 1405047342320.png (65 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1405047342320.png
65 KB, 200x200
>>337971192
>Usefulness came with the great souls left by the serpents probably.
I might be fedoracore but at least i don't make up my own headcanon

Yea seath was angsty as fuck but at least he was the only one that did anything other then try to kill everything that wasn't his kind.
Archedragon are literally braindead, they are more like a force of nature then actual beinges
>>
>>337971720
Indeed, my mistake there, you are corret.
>>
File: 20160518011638_1.jpg (274 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160518011638_1.jpg
274 KB, 1920x1080
>>337971780
>>337971736
Ah yea, the Abyss Watchers arena, I remember

While I'm at it, what is this settlement in the distance?
>>
>>337971773
You mean Kaathe.

>everything is fine, grave is all quiet and nice
>snake comes in
>"Yeah goys, just mess with it, there's power there."
>"Oh no, they failed me."
>>
>>337972242

cut/ unused content.
>>
File: 20160518011644_1.jpg (277 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160518011644_1.jpg
277 KB, 1920x1080
And what are is the city in the distance in the mountains, and the church in the lower left?
>>
>>337972242
dlc/cut content
>>
File: lore.png (32 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
lore.png
32 KB, 800x600
Here's a little thing I made to help explain the difference between the Abyss and the Dark. It's arranged as axis, with the Age of Fire and Age of Dark being opposite. Chaos and the Abyss are really a separate axis all together, but they sort of lean towards the side they benefit the most from.

The Age of Dark is kind of a misnomer because it's really more of the age of grey, before disparity. It's a return to the time before the first Flame where nothing happened and everyone was in the shitty in-between state of being Undead. The First Flame and it are opposites in the sense where the Age of Dark is the absence of fire. Gwyn is obviously the strongest association with the Age of Fire, but Pygmy can't be associated with Dark in the same way Gwyn can be with Fire.

The reason for this is that the Pygmy and Witch of Izalith are more directly opposed in the Chaos vs. Abyss issue. Chaos is the Witch's corruption of fire into demons. The important thing here is that Chaos and Fire aren't necessarily the same thing, but Chaos depends on Fire for its source, and is sort of everything wrong with too much fire.

The Abyss is the mirror image of Chaos and Fire, but for Dark instead. The Abyss is the Pygmy's Lord Soul corrupted in the same way the Witch's was, running rampant and instead getting the most benefit from the absence of fire. The Pygmy going batshit insane and becoming Manus caused the Age of Dark to go from being grey-depressed-time to black-sludge-horror-time.

There are some problems with this, namely Nito being almost completely ignored and my lack of understanding of how Humanity can work in a world with no fire, but I'll leave that to you all.
>>
>>337972242
Probably Irithyll since it's close to the mountains.
>>
>>337972340
Anor Londo and Undead Settlement is in the lower area of the screen.
>>
>>337972340
Irithyll of the boreal valley, anor londo and archdragon peak
>>
>>337972329
Serpents and their dickery. What do they have to gain?
>>
>>337972351

Nito is on the Fire side with Gwyn.

His gravelord sword is a miracle and is on the side of the Way of White or close
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 367x615) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 367x615
>>337959676
Age of fire x 10
>>
>>337971172
Miazaki said that even if you chose the dark end Solair will link it.
In his time or yours, it doens't matter
>>
>>337956514
>link the fire ending
>it's not an ending at all
>your character is consumed by the Flame but fails to link it
>the Soul of Cinder carries your burnt body to the cemetery of Ash
>the bell tolls once more, and the lords go whitout thrones
>you awake once more as some Unkindled Ash, unfit even to be cinder
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.