[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you beat the Git Gud Trilogy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7
File: git gud tri.jpg (597 KB, 2028x987) Image search: [Google]
git gud tri.jpg
597 KB, 2028x987
Did you beat the Git Gud Trilogy?
>>
Where's Splatoon?
>>
>>337810721
lost interest in Donkey Kong due to its ease, but I'm at the final group of levels.
Confused about how to proceed and reach alternate paths in Star Fox Zero.
Haven't 100%'d The Wonderful 101 like I usually do with Platinum games. It seems like a goddamn chore, even with all the secret characters.
>>
>>337811234
Clarifying: What I assume to be fake Andross is down.
>>
>>337811328
>What I assume to be fake Andross
Anon... I dunno how to say this...
>>
I heart-golded every level in DKCTF time trials. Step it up
>>
2/3.
Not even gonna try Zero because Star Fox was never good.
>>
The first two are valid, Zero is not.

Having shit controls is not a good thing. TW101 had different controls that took getting used to because it was such a different concept, Zero just had shit controls when it should and could have been much more simple.
>>
>>337810721
best 3 games on the fucking system, just add bayonetta for a perfect listing
>>
>>337811558
it really didn't, it has the best controls of the fucking franchise. Just gitgud, no joke.
>>
>>337811394
Okay, I've heard other people make fun of those expecting alternate routes, but I always passed that off as trolling, just trying to reduce my hopes for the game. ...Is it true? There really is no alternate final boss?
>>
>>337811998
Nope

All the alternate levels are little remix levels other than Fortuna
>>
>>337812069
...But like HALF the planets are not explored. I didn't even go through the asteroid field.
What the shit?
>>
>>337810721

Starfox was easy though.

Kinda gave up on 100%ing W101 because I can't fight the Gigga Goojin without taking a single hit.

Game was absolutely amazing though.
>>
>>337812120
There are new levels, but all paths lead you back to corneria 2 -> robo andross
>>
>>337811694
Just git gud man Sonic 06's controls aren't shit they're super precise you gotta git gud
>>
>>337810721
dong freeze still feels jacked up to control, trying to play it in the middle of other platformers keeps fucking me up since i'm expecting it to be as responsive as megaman or something
>>
File: i am so fucking mad.gif (953 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
i am so fucking mad.gif
953 KB, 500x282
>>337812416
Fuck. You. Nintendo.
>>
>>337811234
>100%'d The Wonderful 101
>He thought he'd only have to 100% percent it
>>
>>337810721

Finished 101 and Star Fox, couldn't get in to DK because I was burned out on platformers at the time and now I just don't feel like it
>>
>>337811394
No real Andross? That sucks... I had fun playing through the game no doubt, really fun space game and reboot of the Star Fox-franchise but fucking the real Andross up is half the charm. All the alternate paths and so on.
>>
>>337810721
Where's Bayonetta 2?
>>
>>337812416
>>337812907
Not to mention that it's like a "choose a level" world-type design, so you don't even have to replay the whole game to get the extra levels like you did with 64. It looses 100% of its replay value right there.
>>
>>337811206
Taken over by japanese neckbeards
>>
tw101 isn't hard, l don't get where this idea comes from, it's frustrating it's not the same thing

l don't think tropical freeze was particularly grueling either, just a bit more challenging than modern mario games

didn't play sf zero because it looks like shit
>>
>>337814496
That's arcade mode though
>>
File: 1459227622979.png (128 KB, 289x252) Image search: [Google]
1459227622979.png
128 KB, 289x252
Star Fox Zero is such a chore to play. Even when you get good at the controls.
I'd rather play better rail shooters THAT ACTUALLY HAVE A HEALTHY AMOUNT OF ON RAIL SEGMENTS AND BOSSES.
>>
Ah, the classic "anyone who criticizes Star Fox Zero's controls sucks at the game" meme.

Nice.
>>
>>337811694
>best controls of the fucking franchise
I bet you think Ace Combat would be better with gyro aiming, too.
>>
>>337814717
hard things are frustrating
>>
I didn't git gud at W101, Zero is shit and DKCTF's controls are fine so there is no need to git gud.
>>
>>337625374

I gave up on W101 because it felt like half the game was variety sections on pad with the underwater parts from DMC1
>>
>>337815879
no, when it's well done difficulty in game isn't frustrating

playing drawn out minigames instead of the core beat em up gameplay isn't hard but it sure as fuck is frustrating
>>
Tropical Freeze is Kino
>>
>>337816452

I agree that space harrier levels can be frustrating, but they are not hard at all when you graps the mechanics, it's mostly bad design.

What you would call "well done difficulty" is actually easy difficulty.
>>
>>337810721
More like garbage trilogy lol.
>>
>>337810721
>designed for 12 year olds
your meme isnt going to take off, youre just shit at vidya
>>
>>337816954
that's exactly what l said, these sections aren't hard but they're frustrating. which is why nerds going "git gud" in reply to criticisms of tw101 always felt absurd, your fucking game just isn't fun it's not a matter of people "gitting gud" at bootleg Viewpoint
>>
I'm sure as fuck not playing SF0 with the black arwing, that's for sure.
I do have to play W101's NG+. The combination of NG+ and Hard mode after a long break from the first playthrough fucking destroyed me.
>>
>>337817749
don't even git gud, git decent
>>
>>337812145
> I can't beat Giga-Goojin without taking a hit

Anon who got pure platinum for it here, it can be done, it just takes a really long time to develop the twitch reflexes to react to every attack. The Punch-Out fights really are fun though, I'd be okay with Platinum developing a new Punch-Out.
>>
Putting SFZ up next to two great games really does a disservice to them. It makes your whole opinion look invalid
>>
>>337819314

My pattern memorization and recognition are too shit for this. I need some kind of cheese honestly.

I think I just spammed the first boxing robot with nonstop attacks and dodged his counters.
>>
>>337820037
If you ever have a good chunk of free time (a few hours), you should give a try again if you can, beating Giga-Goojin no damage is easily one of the most satisfying things in the game.
>>
>>337812997
It cant be.
>>
It's so obvious at this stage that anyone complaining about Star Fox Zero has never even touched a Wii U gamepad.
>>
>>337822438
Or maybe some people just have higher standards than you do.
>>
Is it possible to leave the secret level island in dong freeze? I wanted to get all the figurines and replay older levels
>>
SF0 is piss-easy, and the controls are bad but not to a level of hindrance.
I have beaten them all, yes.
>>
>>337810721
Yes.
>>
>>337822721
Let me guess, that implies you do?

Hilarious
>>
>>337822438
I have, you moron. I fucking love Splatoon, have played it regularly since it came out, and have always used gyro on it. SF0 is just downright bad, and Splatoon's gyro controls NOT translating to On-Rails is the least of it's problems.
>>
Zero is so slow it's not a get good game because you can't suck at it. You can tell how mad this makes Zerofags because they assume if you don't like this game it's only because of the controls
>>
>>337812617
I don't kbow how you came wuth thais comparison, sonic 06 controls are far fron the worst thing in the game, it's the fact the game is an unplayable glutchy mess with horrible loading tines and a lot other things. If you are gonna compare something at least do it right.
>>
>>337810721
I'm not shitting on W101, but you have no damn excuse to not beat W101

You literally start right where you die in any starting difficulty

Beat on Normal and got tons of conselation prizes in W101
Beat DKC but didnt 100% it
Did a lot in Star Fox Zero but cant do the "Get X Hits" medals
>>
Wonderful 101 is fucking amazing.
>>
>>337823613
So, basically, you never got gud,
>>
Wheres Kid Icarus Uprising.
>>
File: 1453718655643.png (280 KB, 662x800) Image search: [Google]
1453718655643.png
280 KB, 662x800
I just finished Tropical Dong. I am not that good at platforms, but I got gud and 100% it. I am planing on doing the hard mode now and then. It is a really well made game and a solid 10/10. I am not a fan of Star Fox so I am not really planing on getting it. I am lining up playing Wonderful 101 after I play Bayonetta 2.

>>337823018
You can leave the secret island and come back, it is just like all the other islands.
>>
>>337823701
I dont even plan to with W101.
I just cant get good at that one
I'll definitely do DKC and SF0 eventually, since they're definitely easier than W101
>>
>>337823695
It just keeps going and going

Like pure end game you have 12 weapons to play with. Drill combos into naginata into gun into flaming claw with bombs and lasers.
>>
>>337823812
Kid Icarus Uprising is a good game, unlike those in OP's post
>>
>>337815783
Gyro camera control would be an excellent way to immerse yourself in Ace Combat's cockpit view like SFZ's Star Wolf fights. No reason to change the aiming because they're (mostly) real world aircraft, not transforming spaceships with laser turrets.

As it is, I play Ace Combat by the exterior camera and use target lock a lot, because it's the most effective and moving the camera in cockpit cam with the right analog sucks donkey dick just like it would in SFZ.
>>
In what way a normal playthrough of any of those can be called git gud?
W101 is casual as fuck and they make you beat the game to unlock the actual hard difficulties
Tropical Dong is overrated and the only way i can see it being a git gud game unless you are on speed run pace.
Star Fox Zero is a damn joke unless you play it on arcade mode.

Get back to me when you are soloing 4U G Ranks on a daily basis without breaking a sweat.
>>
The Star Wolf fights and All Range missions in Zero were the best in the entire fucking series.
>>
>>337824165
>Dat choir in the Star Wolf theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsfc-ZRP9AU
>>
>>337810721
It should be illegal to pair starfox zero with those two games
>>
Never played Wonderful 101 or Star Fox Zero, and I got bored with Tropical Freeze immediately and stopped playing after 30 minutes, but that always happens with Donkey Kong Country games.
>>
File: 1463193203778.png (238 KB, 508x440) Image search: [Google]
1463193203778.png
238 KB, 508x440
I 200%ed TF with all the puzzles and got around a bronze or silver for most of the time trials. Struggled through W101 with almost nothing but consolation prizes after the first few stages on normal Still amazing and I plan on gitting gud and playing it again sometime Still trying to get the high score gold medals in Star Fox but I've finished everything else.
>>
I'm still mad that retro released another donkey kong game instead of some epic ass metroid game.

...but still, Frozen Dong is so fucking underrated.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 300x400
Hai!
>>
>>337824440
I wish Retro could make more than one game every three years.
>>
I 100%'d SFZ and my next goal is to post a score to every route in arcade mode.

Tropical Freeze is one I've considered, but I was never much of a fan of the DKC games even though I play a lot of 2D platformers. If I see a physical copy for cheap, I might play it then.

I tried the demo of W101 and although I got the hang of it after a few plays, I really just don't care for the characters/theme or flashy explosiveness. There's nothing drawing me to play it.
>>
>>337824440
it's a great game but yeah there's far too many 2d or pseudo 2d platformers on wii u and retro were the best candidates to create a different type of game
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.