[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought pic related and the season pass what am I in for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: the_evil_within_game-HD.jpg (527 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the_evil_within_game-HD.jpg
527 KB, 1920x1080
I just bought pic related and the season pass what am I in for
>>
A bad time
>>
File: 1463113898042.jpg (123 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1463113898042.jpg
123 KB, 1024x1024
>season pass
>two year-old game
>>
Disappointment.
>>
A game with potential and a few good chapters marred by Mikami's inability to let go of Resident Evil. The DLCs are all fucking amazing though. They're honestly the only thing making me hope for an Evil Within 2.
>>
>>337620834
its fun for the first hour but then you realize that all the gimmicks have been used and its the same thing every level
it goes from survival horror to the last of us with shitty puzzles
>>
Just recently bought a ps4 is this game worth it or should I just get it for the ps3?
>>
>>337620921
season pass was $3
>>
>>337620996
Kidman's DLC was directed by the resident Gaijin at Tango.

He also wrote it though, so fuck him.
>>
>>337621061
well thats reasonable i guess
>>
>>337620834

It's fun but a lot of missed potential. The DLC campaigns are pretty good.
>>
The best video game Mikami has ever made. Pay no mind to the shitters here
>>
>>337620834
A really really fucking bad game. Seriously, even Dead Space 3 is better than this pile of fucking shit.
And I'm not even trying to be a contrarian faggot, this game was so fucking unfun and I regret paying 60 dollars for it. You're better off playing RE4 again.
>>
I played like the first 2-3 hours of Kidman's dlc and got scared. I easily get scared though so that might now mean much.
>>
>>337620834
i rented it from gamefly when i used up the free trial before canceling
i couldt finish it because i was so bored with it
it shouldve been fun but its just really tedious to get through
>>
>>337621045
Get the PS4 version. There's not a giant different outside of looks and the fact the PS3 version has some nasty screen tearing at times.
>>
One of the greatest horror/TPS games of all time.

Hoenstly the only people who hate The Evil Within are casuals who wanted a generic run and gun third person action game. They didn't take the time to learn the game and understand its intricacies.

I really enjoyed it. (black bars are disabled on both PC and console btw)

>great artstyle and enemy design/variety
>levels are really varied and unique, game constantly changes it up and throws new stuff at you
>tons of ways to approach every situation. You can run past enemies, stealth, use environmental hazards, use a variety of weapons, etc.
>Crossbow and matches add a ton of depth to the gameplay
>Weapons actually feel differentiated and unique rather than simply having different damage values.
>pretty scary and tense
>great challenge. I highly recommend playing through on nightmare or akumu to fully enjoy it

It's a love it or hate it game. Many people just don't put enough time into it to understand its intricacies and enjoy it, they just get frustrated and give up. It has a few old school and somewhat archaic design decisions, but overall, it's a fantastic game. I enjoyed more than any Resident Evil, Dead Space, or Silent Hill game.

Like I said, don't just give up, and definitely try it on nightmare or akumu. Your gameplay style completely changes on higher difficulties and you realize you were playing it wrong all along.
>>
>>337621476
Thank you good sir.
>>
>>337621694

Is this the newest copypasta
>>
The Kidman DLC stuff is fucking trash. Seriously don't understand the praise it gets. It's just more of the same shitty stealth system they have in the main game without the satisfying gunplay and combat to back it up.

Keeper stuff is silly fun I guess.

Main game is totally worth it, loved it except for some low points in the city area. Decently challenging throughout, great gameplay (if you're used to RE6 controls like I am you'll find this game to be easy as shit to control and maneuver around, which is apparently a huge issue for some people) and cool, bizarre visuals sprinkled all around. Might not be all that scary but at least its bizarre sights and actual competent story will keep you going.
>>
>>337621796
It is my own original post, but yes I do copy and paste it in TEW threads because it's less effort.

Not trolling or anything, game is really great, platinumed it and everything.
>>
File: 1448981148306.jpg (502 KB, 500x730) Image search: [Google]
1448981148306.jpg
502 KB, 500x730
>>337621694
Listen to this guy, I'm too lazy to type out all this shit besides /v/ isn't worth all the effort, but this is pretty much what I think about it as well.

inb4 samefag
>>
>>337621694
>Chapter 10 on Akumu

Fuck you.
>>
>>337621694
>Hoenstly the only people who hate The Evil Within are casuals who wanted a generic run and gun third person action game.
You should try out TLOU then.
>>
>>337622159
I've played TLoU, thought it was decent and definitely a step up from Uncharted, but overall was overrated and underwhelming.
>>
>>337622272
But it was better than TEW.
>>
>>337621694
Nope, I wanted Resident Evil 4 again and what I got was a shitty game with shitty guns, shitty level design, shitty level up options, shitty story, shitty boss fights, and shitty literally everything else.
>>
>>337622371

Not that guy but if TLoU consisted only of human enemies I'd have to agree with you.

Battling infected was so fucking shit.
>>
Its ok. Im annoyed by the pc issues but otherwise its a solid game on heavy discount. Im still slowly going through the main campaign tho, i enjoy the sights and atmosphere the most
>>
File: ez.png (15 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ez.png
15 KB, 800x600
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.renapps.spurdojump
Spurdo sparde game
Spurdo Jump
No comments.....JUST TRY IT!!!!!1111
>>
>>337622571
Alright cheers, I bought it and the season pass for $15 AUD
>>
>>337622559
>wanting to remove content from the game
k
>>
>>337622371
Not in my opinion, no, but they're vastly different games. The game really suffers from the lack of ammo and supplies on higher difficulties. Direct combat is already underpowered in comparison to stealth on higher difficulties, and they make combat even more pointless by offering such ridiculously low supplies and ammo, and the result is that nearly every situation in the game is best stealthed right through, or camping in one spot and slowly picking off each enemy that comes close. Gameplay is just really dull and repetitive, and gunplay feels off and lacks punch.

I like the story and the casual banter and interactions between Ellie and Joel and I think that was really well done, but gameplay was a let down.
>>
>>337621694
My friend beat akumu mode and said it was the worst, most soul chrushing decision he has ever made. The game was not balanced for it and it's just not worth the time.
>>
>>337622834

More like swapping one thing for another. Ideally I would've loved to see infected and humans together. Clickers can fuck right off though what a disappointing enemy that was.
>>
>>337620834
Resident evil 4: the last of us edition that with a complete lack of survival horror.

Do yourself a favor and play Alien isolation.
>>
>>337623017
The game is balanced fine for it, and I'd argue that's actually how it's meamt to be played. Sounds like he just tried to brute force it instead of learning the mechanics.

Watch Top Tier Action's 3 hour akumu speedrun. It's incredible the amount of intricacy in the combat and number if ways you can go about approaching each situation. The encounters, the enemies, and the combat are all front and center, and masterful; story serves just to have an excuse to set up all these situations.
>>
>>337623421
>alien isolation
Why the hell did people say this garbage was good?

Literally the whole game is walking aimlessly around a completely dark room for a doodad to open the door, which leads to another doodad to open another door, which leads to yet another doodad that opens yet another door. The level design is fucking horrible, honestly the worst I've seen in years.

The game is so on-rails it's pitiful. At one point early on there's a guy with a shotgun, and apparently you're not supposed to stray from the linear scripted path or else the whole game just appears broken. You're supposed to dip in a side tunnel, but you can just stand there in front of him and he shoots endlessly at you with no reaction, no words, and no need to reload. And despite being on hard difficulty, you can just sit there taking 10+ shotgun blasts from him. At another point in the game you can't even climb over a fucking foot tall railing, and you have to instead follow the scripted path and move some robot to open a metal tube that allows you to go through the tube over the foot tall railing. At another point I'm holding a flare when the game tells me how to set it down and I test it out, only to discover that apparently there's no fucking way to pick it up and I'm just staring at it on the ground.

It's just so goddamn boring walking around a giant fucking pitch black room looking for the tiny power panel or doodad I need to open the door just to have to rinse and repeat for every fucking room after that. Why are walking sims hated on /v/ when this literal door opening engineer sim is praised as GotY?

It's like they're on completely opposite ends of the spectrum, Alien Isolation is shallow, superficial, repetitive; all flash no substance. The Evil Within at first appears to be a generic RE4, but the more you play, the more you understand it and its intricacies, the more you start to open up to it and see its genius.
>>
>>337623421

TEW was more challenging than A:I ever was, and I fucking love both of those games.

I'd say TEW handled resource management a bit better than A:I did. Once you got the Flamethrower difficulty is thrown out the window, and that's without taking into account the player figuring out ways to cheese the AI, and after the Hospital you can be damn well sure that a lot did.
>>
a huge disappointment.... I'm huge into scarry horror type stuff and it's hard to scare me but Alien Isolation was the most intense scary game I've ever played. So if that is what you're looking for get alien isolation. Although pretty much after you get the flamethrower the game kinda drags on.
>>
>>337622528
it's still better than re5 and re6
>>
>>337624197
>roam around aimlessly for a way to open the door
>oh here comes the annoying fucking alien again *groan* let me fucking sit in this locker for five minutes
>go back to looking for doodad or control panel to open the fucking door
>rinse and repeat
Yeah, such deep and compelling gameplay
>>
>>337621694
I agree with most of your post, but enjoying it more than ANY RE or Silent Hill game?

Come on dude.
>>
>>337624502
never said it was deep and or compelling just intense and like I said it drags on.
>>
>>337624720
I don't do nostalgia, so I just got to be honest, its gameplay, controls, graphics, and level/encounter design outclasses those games.
>>
>>337621694
I agree with all of this, except for the RE/silent hill/dead space thing. Obviously that's all personal opinion and relative.
>>
I like it a lot actually.

I played it after having played RE 1-4 all for the first time in the same year, and I think I actually enjoyed it about the same as RE4.

I loved the constantly changing environments and creature design, and the transitions between them were always great. The matches were a super great mechanic, too, and I had a blast using them everytime.
>>
>>337621126
PS4?
>>
>>337625046
Yeah, this game gets a lot of shit because of it's name not being RE, mixed in with the last 2 REs not being that great. I know the biggest RE fan i think i've ever met that put about 20 mins into this game before writing it off and calling it shit. I don't even understand, it's the closest thing we've gotten to a current gen RE4
>>
>>337624893
I played the RE franchise for the first time last year and SH 1-3 for the first time this year, and RE2, REmake, and SH2 in particular absolutely blow this game out of the water in terms of level design at the very least, let alone pacing, atmosphere, and game systems.

And even if you can't play older games, DS2 is still on the same level as TEW in the categories you mentioned.
>>
>>337625374
IT IS a current gen RE4. Thats why an actual RE fan would call it shit.

RE4 is a great action game. But a terrible survival horror and a more terrible RE game.

The reason your friend thinks its shit its because its indeed too close to re4.
>>
>>337625374
Yeah, everyone I know who thinks 4 is the best RE absolutely hated TEW, and that just baffles me because of how similar they feel. I mean, its a bit darker in tone, so I thought that was it, but most complaints seem to be about gameplay and I just don't empathize with the issues.
>>
>>337625702
You would think so, but from a small poll of my dozen or so friends who have played all those games, those who prefer RE4 HATED TEW, and those who preferred classic RE, myself included, thought it was pretty good.
>>
So Ruvik wanted to fuck his sister, right?
>>
Why the fuck can't Shinji Mikami make a decent final boss ever?
>>
>>337626561
One of the doctor's implies that it was pretty close if not already to that level for ruvik. I dont know if his sister liked him like that though
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.