[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Everybody try to find what poise does >PC dataminers find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 5
File: 1461884109286.jpg (160 KB, 919x373) Image search: [Google]
1461884109286.jpg
160 KB, 919x373
>Everybody try to find what poise does
>PC dataminers find out poise is set to 0 in the game
>From defence force just say it's intended and it just works differently now
>Theories are spewed as facts left and right
>"muh hyper-armor"
>"muh roll recovery"
>Hundreds of hours of testing later it's confirmed to not do anything
>Turns out they simply put a stat in the game that does nothing and either forgot to enable it or disabled it on purpose and were too lazy to take it out.

DEFEND THIS SOULS FAGS
>>
File: surely you jestin'.jpg (65 KB, 640x592) Image search: [Google]
surely you jestin'.jpg
65 KB, 640x592
>>335859376
why did you make this thread again? word for word?
>>
>>335859440
bump limit, the other thread is about to 404
>>
So...what does that mean for my tank build?
>>
>>335859376
>DEFEND THIS SOULS FAGS

The placebo poise is dumb but the game is still fun.
>>
Ew you go to Reddit?
>>
>>335859916
That is not how you tackle a rapier shitter with an ultra weapon, no wonder you niggers are getting shit on.
>>
>use great hammer skill Perseverance
>attack
>don't get knocked out of it

Maybe it only works on that?
>>
No sane person wants poise anyway, all you are complaining about here is a little number on the stat screen doesnt exist
>>
the only thing poise is for is to need 10 poise to activate hyper armor on weapons

thats it, thats all its for, and thank god its not in the game. poise ruined das pvp, its a braindead mechanic that rewards face tanking for backstabs with small, high crit weapons, and makes heavy weapons a death sentence to even swing. hyper armor is a much, much, much better system
>>
>>335859376
>DEFEND THIS
they disabled it on purpose

/thread
>>
>>335859376
This like in DS2 where we learned that physical defense did so little the be pretty much pointless?
>>
>>335859376
you know whats worse than fromdrones? faggots like you who desperately try this hard to bash games you dont enjoy
>>
>>335860318
How are you planning to stop a rapier user attacking you when you attack, you daft cunt
>>
>>335860414
And pieces of gear that are rendered useless
and the game lying to you in general
and From being incompetent

>>335860529
Did they left the poise ring
>>
>>335859376
>or disabled it on purpose and were too lazy to take it out.

You know devs leave unused assets in games all the time right?
>>
>>335860629
The keyword here is "unused" you fucking retard. They don't give you guns that don't fire or swords that don't deal any damage.
>>
>>335859376

PvE viewpoint: Bothers me. Wish it did something instead of just exist. Just a misleading and pointless thing to exist in the stat page otherwise.

PvP viewpoint: No real input. Not a fan of PvP in these games to begin with.
>>
>>335859376
How do I turn it on?
>>
>>335859376
autism at its finest

Literally who cares? This changes nothing
>>
>>335860137

mitigation still works, just that you're going to get stagger-locked anyways
>>
>>335860534
>physical defense did so little the be pretty much pointless?

uh buddy defense was massive in das2, its just scaled more with levels up to 200. the difference between a lv 200 with armor and a lv 150 with no armor was massive

tired of dumbasses like you spreading miss info

>And pieces of gear that are rendered useless

uh defense ans resistances buddy, go ahead and stick on robes and see how well you take a backstab compared to having actual armor
>>
>>335860520
>thank god its not in the game. poise ruined das pvp

Confirmed for not actually playing DaS
>>
>>335860853
I think it changes poise actually.
>>
>>335860534

>Physical defense meant nothing in DS2

u r retarded
>>
So no gutts builds?
>>
>>335860982
I just remember the difference between wearing no armor and wearing heavy armor being almost nothing. Level physical def is difference. Armor was doing almost nothing.
>>
>>335860984
i have nearing 2000 hours

lets hear your argument for poise being a good mechanic, or das being good pvp wise in general, go ahead shitter
>>
>>335861103
armor scaled dude, the jump from 150 to 200 was insane.

all those retards who complained about defense doing nothing were people forcing the 150 meme meta and complaining about flynns 3 shotting them
>>
Wolf Ring Effect
Increases Poise by +12.50
+1 Version (NG+): + 17.50
+2 Version (NG++): + 20.00
Weight: 0.50
Warning-Due to poise being disable in the games code, this ring, and all other forms of non "hyper-armor poise" are literally useless, do not use this ring until this is patched, you will just be waisting a ring slot
>>
>>335861249
>do not use this ring until this is patched

it wont be patched
>>
>People shit on B-Team for having shit DaS2 mechanics
>Most of those mechanics made it back in anyways

Feels good to taste the tears of the DaS2 haters.
>>
File: 119wjdw.jpg (109 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
119wjdw.jpg
109 KB, 569x428
Poise would only serve to make light weapons even stronger.

Right now it's balanced in that
1) light weapons are faster and use less stamina, but do less damage and they have little to no hyper armour, meaning anything bigger will plow through their attack and stun the user for 2 hits. They can't trade for shit and that's the way it should be.

2) heavy weapons are slow and do more damage, however to compensate for the speed they gain hyper armour on every attack (basically on demand poise), HOWEVER, this hyper armour only kicks in a certain point into your swing, so you have to learn the timing.

You can't run up to a rapier cunt with a greataxe and hit R1 at the same time as they do, otherwise your hyper armour will not have had enough time to kick in, and since their weapon is faster they'll connect first and stun you. THIS IS THE REASON SOME MANY PEOPLE ARE BITCHING ABOUT POISE with heavy weapons, you're not using your hyper armour correctly.

Heavy weapons in DaS3 are all about prediction, bait, abusing range, hyper armour and winning trades if needs be.

The actual system is very well balanced, the issue is some light weapon do far too much damage for their stamina consumption, and Ultra weapons are very VERY harsh on stamina.
>>
>>335860853
>This changes nothing
I mean, except for the difference in attack staggering, it changes that
>>
>>335861364

Light weapons do more damage per stamina than heavy. There's no reason to use big weapons, and thanks to the netcode still being FUCKING TERRIBLE thrust weapons are retarded
>>
>>335861103
Armor means nothing at low levels unless you wear full havels, then you get about 1/2 damage reduction.

However, armor actually scales based on your VIT stat. That's why you see nothing but havel mages once you start getting into the 3mil+ SM brackets.
>>
>>335861364
>1) light weapons are faster and use less stamina, but do less damage
kek what an idiot

The only thing heavy weapons have over light weapons is hyper armour, but that's easily played around if you take the time to learn which moves give you hyper armour.
>>
>>335861132
Poise breakpoints were easy to remember and you could outskill anyone who didn't know about how they worked. There is no reason to use huge weapons in DaS2 or 3 when you can stunlock with a hand axe. There' is a huge risk when trying to parry without poise because can end up fatally stunlocked from any weapon now. Don't cry because you don't know how to punish BS fishers in DaS. I'm not going to pretend DaS had a perfect PVP system but it was way more balanced AND straightforward than 2 and 3.
>>
>>335861750
I agree that poise was okay in DaS, but the overall system was broken as fuck. Between lagstabs and dead angles, the meta revolved around fishing for backstabs. Literally everything you did revolved around setting up a backstab or punishing it.

It was fucking dumb and I'm glad B-Team convinced A-Team to move away form that garbage.
>>
>>335860795
Probably cheat engine
>>
>>335861103
>Rabid DaS2 hater shitposting without knowing what he's talking about
*Yawn*
>>
>>335861479
>Light weapons do more damage per stamina than heavy

you arent gonna get more than 2 hits in with any weapon, or you get parried pretty much guaranteed

>>335861750
>Poise breakpoints were easy to remember and you could outskill anyone who didn't know about how they worked

cool dude, you could easily kill retards who didnt know how the game worked. i can do the same with a ladle in das2

>There is no reason to use huge weapons in DaS2 or 3 when you can stunlock with a hand axe.

theres no reason to use heavy weapons in any souls game. the difference is swinging your ugs against a good player in das1 was a guaranteed backstab thanks to poise. in das2 and 3, you can atleast play mind games and bait/ use hyper armor without getting punished

>Don't cry because you don't know how to punish BS fishers in DaS

congrats faggot, you just destroyed your own arguement. poise caused everythign to revolve around backstabs, and forced it to be the ONLY OPTION heavy weapon users had against good players.

get your head out of your ass before you act like you know what your talking about, you blowhard smart ass

>DaS had a perfect PVP system
>it was way more balanced

pic related

>AND straightforward

lmao fucking shitter, do you know how much convoluted tech thanks to the horrid netcode their was? jesus christ, you are a moron of the highest caliber
>>
File: trade.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
trade.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>335861479
>>335861679
If you use your hyper armour correctly to land a hit with an Ultra weapon and win a trade, you're gauranteed 2 hits, that's upwards of 900 - 1k damage, and a 100% one shot on all these 27VGR tryhards.
>>
>>335862465
You are not guarenteed two hits, but most people dont know about backstepping from the second
>>
>>335862529
>backstepping from the second
I honestly didn't know this either, but surely since backstep doesn't have iframes anymore you'll still get fucked over, especially against shit like FUGS with it's insane range?
>>
They should have kept poise and removed backstabs.
>>
>>335862640
You can chain it straight into a roll, but its a very finickity thing I dont blame people for not using it
>>
>>335862739
I'll have to try it out, cheers for the tip m8.
>>
>makes thread again after getting butt blasted trying to say parrying is somehow less skill full than stacking poise and mashing r1
>>
>>335862464
I don't think you even read what he said
>>
>>335862650
As it stands right now poise would only make R1 spamming stronger.

They should remove poise from the menus and rework items like the wolf ring to do something else.

Based on the fact that poise is still visible in all the stats, Im assuming it got turned off very late in production, likely for balance reasons that I'm assuming testing revealed.
>>
>>335860853
>Rank 3 reward in a covenant is a ring that increases poise
I think that's pretty significant.
>>
>>335862464
Cant actually parry the third hit of straight swords or lighter with most shields
>>
Will PCFats ever recover from DS3 being a giant blunder and Bloodborne being game of the forever?
>>
>>335861359
>most
Which shit DaS 2 mechanics are in the game you retard?
>>
>>335863093
Get your console shit out of here
>>
>>335860606
>hurr i just attack when they attack why aren't I winning fights hurrr
seriously? dodge, guard, parry, run, do literally anything aside from spam R1 and you can outsmart R1 spammers. They RELY on you standing there taking it.
>>
>>335860339
Perseverance gives you infinite poise. Your current poise stat doesn't matter.
>>
>>335863309
I am saying that eventually you are planning to attack, and they will follow suit and outpoise you
>>
>>335859376
Poise increases the ammout of hyper armor frames for heavy weapons
>>
>>335861330
You really think they'd put an useless ring as the best reward for a covenant?
>>
>>335863241
I think the better question is "Why do you keep attempting to bait people with this kind of posting when fanboy bullshit is against the rules?"
>>
>>335859376
I feel like this is the same shit with durability bug all over again. From is incompetent.
>>
>>335859916(Cross-thread)
what the fuck thats not how poise works

despite its imbalances, DaS2 had the right idea. heavy weapons make it so you dont get your attack interrupted.

only problem was certain weapons had absurd poisebreak.

but otherwise THAT is how poise should work in 3
>>
>>335863636
Same statement more eloquently put
>>
>>335863636
sorry, was meant for >>335863093
>>
File: 1453395626445.jpg (123 KB, 537x536) Image search: [Google]
1453395626445.jpg
123 KB, 537x536
>still going to make a heavy armored character hoping that one day this will be resolved
This game has the Black Iron set, I just gotta.
>>
>>335860629
yeah but they left the stat in despite it not doing anything.
>>
>>335863547
As the op says, confirmed to be wrong after it's been tested by many many players.
>>
>>335863714
And it is, just some attacks activate hyper armor too late
>>
>>335863796
>Black iron set
Damn that shit was twink king
>>
>>335863820
Thats undeniably lazy, no argument there

They were clearly very on the fence about adding poise, but eventually realized its a cancer to the game
>>
>>335863796
Where is it?
>>
>>335863820
They also left items like the Farron ring which does nothing but add poise
>>
>>335864250
Demon Ruins, after you fight Tsorig in human form.
>>
>>335861083
Guts builds are viable. Most of the super big weapons in the game have generous super armor which means you won't get stunned out of your attacks during a certain interval. If you time it right, you'll of course win any trade against lighter weapons.
>>
>>335864295
Pretty sure the wolf ring is literally the only example
>>
>>335864295
Farron Ring reduces FP usage on weapons
Wolf Ring is the "Poise" ring.
>>
>>335864605
>That long ass hyperarmor in the Stomp weapon skill
>>
Whatever. Poise always was a shit mechanic, hyper armor is much better
>>
>>335864605
Timing is key, too many spergs think they can walk up to someone and win because muh hyper armor

Heavy weapons are a lot less braindead to play now, and require an actual feeling for rythym and spacing
>>
>>335864794
Thats its literal purpose, guarentees absorbing a blow
>>
>>335863193
Backstabs
Roll mechanics
2-hit stunlocks
Parries
and a few other things like VIT/END split.
>>
>>335865682
How were the backstabs bad? its better than DS1's roll-backstab glitch
>roll mechanics
granted because it was tied to ADP which means every build had to have 20+ adp just to get max i-frames
>2-hit stunlocks
what are you talking about? the direct counter to getting staggered was increased poise
>parries
this was fine in every game stop whining about everything that gets you killed
>Vit/end split
what are you talking about?? end only increased stamina with a little poise and vit increased carry weight with a little poise
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.