[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Everybody try to find what poise does >PC dataminers find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: FROM ARE RETARDED.jpg (165 KB, 919x373) Image search: [Google]
FROM ARE RETARDED.jpg
165 KB, 919x373
>Everybody try to find what poise does
>PC dataminers find out poise is set to 0 in the game
>From defence force just say it's intended and it just works differently now
>Theories are spewed as facts left and right
>"muh hyper-armor"
>"muh roll recovery"
>Hundreds of hours of testing later it's confirmed to not do anything
>Turns out they simply put a stat in the game that does nothing and either forgot to enable it or disabled it on purpose and were too lazy to take it out.

DEFEND THIS SOULS FAGS
>>
as long as they dont put in das1's awful poise system idc
>>
its des with hyper armor

im fine with this
>>
>>335844464
They put a stat on your character sheet, they put a stat a armour pieces, it does fuck all and you don't care?

That's some very low standards man

>>335844814
But why not getting rid of the stat then? I mean ffs it's right there and it does nothing
>>
>>335844957
anything is better than dark souls 1 poise, ill literally take anything over it
>>
>>335844957
did you accidentally set your name as the intended title of the thread and then forget to remove it?

that's some very low standards man
>>
I am still really enjoying Dark Souls 3. Unfortunately, it is looking more and more like Miyazaki's return to Dark Souls was not the second coming I hoped for. Maybe all the true greatness and refinement from Demon Souls that was Dark Souls 1 was a mistake, unintentional.

Can't say for sure, yet.
>>
>>335845036
this opinion is wrong
>>
>>335845236
It's just 4chanx fucking with me, who cares though
>>
>I refuse to get good and learn proper timing and defense and need a crutch like poise so I can swing my sword mindlessly
>>
>>335845396
obviously you did since you removed the name
>>
>>335845352
dark souls 1 pvp is the worst , fuck off
>>
poise affects whether or not you will get "interrupted" mid attack if you yourself get hit as well
>>
I guess it's really time to greatshield your way out of everything.
>>
>>335845036
>he is fine with a SL120 in full havel, with the poise ring, the poise shield being staggered by a rat from the undead settlement breating too close to your shoes
>>
>>335845431
>I refuse to get good and learn proper timing and defense and need a crutch like guaranteed stagger so I can swing my sword mindlessly
>>
>>335845561
You always get interrupted though.
>>
>>335845561
No, that's entirely weapon dependent and called hyper armor. And only greatswords and super heavy weapon classes have much of that.
>>
>>335845660
not with higher poise
>>
>>335845630
>MUH TANKY WEIGHTY BUILD

fuck off, this game is not for you
reminder that str is literally easy mode, i am tired of all these scrubby shitters complaining they cant wear a full set of heavy armor and steamroll through the game

literally get good, faggots
>>
>>335845497
go play call of duty if multiplayer is the most important thing to you, fucking casuals
>>
>>335845561
No it doesn't.

Go use a Greatclub naked and hyper armour through longsword R1 spam.

Hyper armour is determined by your weapon moveset; not your poise.
>>
>>335845431
There are weapons besides shortswords and estocs
>>
>>335845561

This is not true and you can test it yourself with havel's armor and punching.

Your type of weapon is what matters on trades and staggers
>>
>>335845785
>i am tired of all these scrubby shitters complaining armor heavier than master's rags is pointless
>>
>>335844053
>t. Reddit

Kill yourself, my man.
>>
>>335845785
>Muh game should only be played the way I play it and if you don't you're not a real true scotsman souls player
>>
goes to show how much consumers know about game development

guess what, there's a whole BUNCH of stuff hidden in the code of every game that is quite simply disabled and does nothing at all

nobody's going to comb through thousands of lines of code just so that a few autists on /v/ and reddit aren't going to cry about unused code
>>
>>335845801
poise trivializes PvE as well, str shitter
guess you'll have to get good this time instead of mindlessly swing your stupid muh guts sword around :)
>>
>>335845946
armor is only for fashion, wear whatever the fuck you want and stop relying on crutches you retarded baby
>>
>>335845962
except guts sword has hyper armor for doing that regardless of armor
>>
I don't understand when people complain about "muh guts sword" when greatswords fucking blow in ds3 combat. Talk about how the range/speed/stamina requirement for the dark sword combined with a havel shield break the pvp system entirely
>>
>>335845962
>PVE
Fucking dogs stunlocking and teleporting around
>>
>>335846210
str has always been easy mode and still is
>>
>>335845785
fuck off dipshit
this is coming from someone who played with the longsword, which may have well been easy mode.
STR has always been fun not for fighting grunt enemies but for fighting bosses.

Its a vastly different experience fighting a boss that's suddenly faster than you. Unlike in dex where you can roll through swings, get a hit or two in, and roll through their next attack.

People complaing that big heavy armor does nothing are in the right. Poise is a big deal and it not being turned on lets "scrubby shitters" like you roll through the game with r1 spam

Literally get good, faggot.
>>
All you hear is about how fucking retarded poise was from all the DS2 buttfuckers on thsi board and now you complain that it does nothing just like all the others
>>
>>335846292
>equip UGS
>swing at the boss while not getting staggered thanks to hyper armor
>do immense damage with each swing
>win

WOW SO HARD
>>
>>335845954
Goes to show how retards who know nothing about the topic at hand are still willing to post to show others the tiny bit of irrelevant(and known to all) knowledge they hold.

Little do they know all they achieve is to embarrass themselves, as always.
>>
The poisefag tears just prove that str is the breeding ground for casual scrubs that can't git gut.
>>
>>335846474
this
str players are always bad in pvp too, not a coincidence
>>
dexfags think spaming roll takes skill hohoho
>>
>>335845785
Why are you saying this like the games are hard regardless? Ni-Oh already exposed you kiddies and your meme difficulty.
>>
>>335846421
should an UGS, which takes like 3 times longer than a longsword for an attack to complete, not have some kind of help in that area?
>>
>>335846558
>str fags think hiding being their greatshield take skill

LOL
>>
File: 1389905290540.png (180 KB, 417x250) Image search: [Google]
1389905290540.png
180 KB, 417x250
>There are weapon arts, rings, and armor with functionality outright missing
>Despite the game outright lying and telling you otherwise
>Cocksuckers ITT are still arguing about "muh builds" when the game is functionally broken right now

Fucking stupid cocksuckers
>>
>>335846558
>strfags think spamming r1 takes skill
tip top kek
>>
>>335844053
And this is why we shouldn't have let pcucks get dark souls.
>>
>>335846612
im glad we agree str is easier then
>>
File: Untitled.png (758 KB, 1656x676) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
758 KB, 1656x676
>>335844053
Oh fuck...
>>
>>335846378
Did you read the OP? The complaint is that it's implemented in the game, on the character sheet, on the fucking armour pieces and yet is literally disabled.

That's literally the equivalent of putting points into strength and not getting any added damage on your str weapons because the devs forgot to set a variable to 1
>>
>>335846621
>>335846663
oops i hit a faggot nerve! poor dexbabbies aren't used to being called out on their utter lack of skill
>>
So what is the point of heavy armor in the game?
>>
>>335846534
Nope. All the worst people i've ever fought in PVP are spear/dual katana fags that try to R1 spam for stunlock and end up eating hyper armor because they get read and can't stop mashing for half a second.

Dex is literally the most casual setting in these games. Almost as much damage as STR builds and 10x more mobility.
>>
>>335845431
> but if they fix poise my estoc and dark sword won't be as good!

t. r1 spammer
>>
>>335846682
Because we find out all the dirty little secrets you would rather ignore and pretend weren't there?
>>
File: ags.jpg (15 KB, 310x333) Image search: [Google]
ags.jpg
15 KB, 310x333
>>335846763
>i love the guts manga, and love playing with big swords to compensate for my tiny penis
>rolling is for babies, i feel comfier behind my greatshield being completely invincible

pic is u
>>
>>335846763
Are you implying tanking hits and attacking without break somehow requires more skill than dodging attacks?
>>
>>335846682
Yeah otherwise they might found out how much From fucked up and we, the peasants, are much happier when we're ignorant.
>>
oh noes my single player experience ruined
>>
>>335846682
Most of the legwork was done with ingame testing. It was patently obvious poise did virtually nothing. It just happened to correlate with roll recovery because heavy armor -> equip load.
>>
>>335844053
Poise was literally the only thing I cared about. Good thing I finished the game so fast and didn't invest any time into.

Changing poise is fine, but removing it ruins at least half the build arch types and led to the rise of straight swords since all that matters is getting the first hit in as fast as possible.
>>
File: 1461824597861.jpg (138 KB, 726x807) Image search: [Google]
1461824597861.jpg
138 KB, 726x807
Who cares about poise, post Dancer's Ass.
>>
File: 1461826111347.jpg (195 KB, 1352x882) Image search: [Google]
1461826111347.jpg
195 KB, 1352x882
>>335847046
Well that was quick.
Looks like I need to hoard more of Dancer's Sacred Booty.
>>
>>335846926
Guts is a dexfag. The dragon slayer is closer to the farron greadsword in the manga than the clunky shit strfag like to usually roleplay with.
>>
>>335847042
To be fair you can also try trading with hyper armor, though your attack still won't do much more damage than a straight sword and if the other guy has an estoc he might also have leo ring and outdamage you anyways.
>>
>>335847042
>hurr durr its all about the first hit and everyone uses long swords
>I'm to shit to learn how to parry the first swing of the weapon everyone is using
>>
>>335845431
Poise isn't a crutch dumb shit. If your crying about havels than just back stab them or burn them alive.

Poise is what made magic viable. The longer casting spells need it so you dont get stunned and lose the spell. Its also useful to get people in close where they cant dodge the spell.

Lets also not forget hit baiting. Lure them in and tank the first hit and respond locking them down for falling for it.

Poise is essential to the whole system. Without it we have Straight Swords the game.
>>
>Poise

>He wants estocs and katana's to have hyper armour

It's a double sided sword you retard. If you introduce poise back, all that happens is katana's and estocs become even more absurdly powerful.

Their weapon is lighter, so they can outpoise and defence you ontop of speed.

They will tank your 1 big ultra weapon hit while they hit you 3 times and fuck your poise into stunlock hell.

Hyper armour is better. It only exists for STR/SLOW/LIMITED TRACKING attacks, as it should.

If your sick of being "stunlocked" maybe try not getting stunlocked and get some roll distance so your not being rollcaught all the time.

If you're at 69% weight and complaining about stunlocks you have only yourself to blame.
>>
>>335847310
>not a crutch
>b-but I need it so I don't have to dodge, guard, or parry and get hits in on the enemy
>>
>>335847283
I dont parry faggot. I'm never close enough to care. I would rather let you smack me then burn you alive with black or chaos pyromancy you now cant dodge.

Parrying always felt like a crutch to me. It was to easy to get off and gave you to much free damage. I want fights that aren't over in 5 seconds.
>>
>>335847378
THIS

>people think poise will fix ultra weapons
>They already work just fine and have shittones of hyper armour in the game
>people want full havels katanas with crystal soulmass back
No fucking thanks
>>
File: 1461598648114.png (932 KB, 825x991) Image search: [Google]
1461598648114.png
932 KB, 825x991
>>335844053
This is for the best, really

If poise was in we'd just go back to having giant dad's dominating the meta, it's actually healthier without poise

>inb4 shitters who don't know how to parry complain about longswords and thrusting swords
>>
>>335847585
>Parrying always felt like a crutch to me. It was to easy to get off and gave you to much free damage
In comparison to face tanking with poise? Are you retarded
>>
>>335847536
>Cast magic
>Oh shit here he comes!
>Dodge
>Spell lost

>Cast magic
>Oh shit here he comes!
>Cant parry because I'm casting magic
>Die

>Cast magic
>Oh shit here he comes!
>Cant guard because I'm casting magic
>Die

I-its almost like magic isn't about smacking people with a weapon!
>>
>>335847585
>parrying is easy and gives free damage
>instead I want to just stand there and get free damage

Do you even think about the things you say?
>>
>>335847378
Poise wouldn't have been balanced like DaS1, that's obvious just by reading the armor values.
>>
File: rxnimg.png (391 KB, 795x266) Image search: [Google]
rxnimg.png
391 KB, 795x266
>>335845785
>YOUR PLAY STYLE IS WRONG
>>
>>335844053

Good.

>DaS poise.
>Small weapons are ignored with impunity unless the r1 mash is a strong frame trap like Falchion/Kat.
>Emphasis on R1 mash infinites.
>Unique combos involving r2s, dashing, and rolling attacks are largely useless.
>Distancing and timing attacks becomes a flourish in combat instead of the main directive.
>Punishing is less effective, and can even result in an unfavorable situation.
>Most builds are Havelmom/Giantdad shit.
>Large weapons absolutely useless without poise.
>Pronounces the problems with BSes more.

>DeS hyper.
>Poise is matchup based on moveset rather than arbitrary gear, and knowing your opponent's moves.
>Small weapons can poke well without relying on frametrap mash.
>Interesting combos like Estoc dash R1, R2, F+R1 are good without being an infinite.
>BS problems aren't as pronounced.
>Spacing and timing play improves.
>Punishing whiffs is important.
>Larger weapons like DBS depend on mind games, oki, and hard knockdowns and remain viable; DBS was S-tier with Estoc and Gaxe was A-tier.
>>
>>335846760
same shit in ds2

it was on the stat screen but you got poked out of anything by anything

at least there's noticeable hyper armor on the big ds3 weapons
>>
>>335844053
> muh dex
> muh skill
> muh out maneuvers and criticals
> str is for scrubs, I prefer a challenge

Why is nerfing the "stand still and spam r1" strategy a bad thing again? It's the most face roll build in the game and contradicts everything dexbabbies take pride in.
>>
>>335846292
>People complaing that big heavy armor does nothing are in the right. Poise is a big deal and it not being turned on lets "scrubby shitters" like you roll through the game with r1 spam
You do realize that poise helps these people the most right?
>>
Does the game even need poise at all?
>>
>>335847826
>implementing poise in the game
>adding the stat to your character sheet
>adding the stat to armour pieces
>disabling it in the code
>"Good."

Way to miss the point
>>
File: 1454362089191.jpg (417 KB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
1454362089191.jpg
417 KB, 2500x2500
>>335846534
>STG useres are bad in PvP
>not all the Darksword Kantan fags
Keep the tears coming reddit
>>
Hyper armor was a mistake. When your attacking you should be the most vulnerable. It directly counters logic and real life.
>>
>>335847734
>casting magic so late that he's close enough to hit you
>not using terrain to your advantage
>what are quicker casting melee range spells like the combustion line
>b-but I need poise so I can just stand there and not get good
>>
>all this anger and buttrage not even because of the poise bug
>but because nerds are mad because of people who don't play exactly like them, a clear sign of clinical autism

On DS1 i used Havel's and a konata and magic, come at me faggots
>>
this is really stupid.

why have a stat that does literally nothing? why not just remove poise?

personally, i'd like it to be re-enabled. it would help counter the estoc spam and R1 shitters turning the metagame into who can hit who first with a fast weapon.
>>
>>335848041

I was making a catch-all for any faggot that genuinely thought poise was good for PvP.
>>
>>335848082

What is with retards saying magic is ok because you might be able to hit someone when they are distracted by something else?

EVERYTHING works in that scenario.
>>
>>335847924
Wrong, poised did something in DS2. It wasn't the same as DS1 but it did something.

Here it literally does nothing.
>>
>>335844464
DaS1 had the best poise system in the series, you fucking retard.

It actually did something, and it made heavy weapons actually viable. Fast weapons can stunlock really easily in every other Souls game.
>>
>>335847826
That was only because you could stack pure armor poise and tank a hit from the heaviest weapons, and not have to invest much of anything extra to get fast roll (or back when flip ring also upgraded mid roll literally nothing). Balancing with the advantage of hindsight was all it needed, and judging by the armor values (if they did anything) it might work.
>>
Poise was a cancerous mechanic, good riddance
>>
>>335847536
Ignore this fucking retard
>>
>>335845496
fucking savage
>>
If poise returns, it needs to be absolutely minimal and only really stop a light attack from stunning you.

You should never be able to poise a heavy attack or r2, only light r1's, and only one of them.
>>
>>335848065
Too bad this is a video game and poise backstabs were a big thing.
>>
>hurr durr poise is bad anyway

Who gives a shit whether poise is good or bad? The real question is why the fuck they included a stat that had literally no effect.

If it's intentionally disabled, then why did they leave it in at all?

If it isn't intentionally disabled, then why haven't they fixed it yet?
>>
>>335848082
>casting magic so late that he's close enough to hit you

Nigger. If you are in a fight at all they are close enough to sprint at you and swing to interrupt you.

>what are quicker casting melee range spells like the combustion line

Completely missing the point on purpose. Yes they exist but the current system makes ONLY the quick casting spells useful. If you use a long cast they will sprint and they will hit you. With no poise that hit breaks your spell.

>b-but I need poise so I can just stand there and not get good

Again you are missing the point on purpose. Its not about tanking. Its about the first hit not breaking the spell. Do you really think casters run around with enough poise not to get locked? No dumb shit. They dodge away the second they get the spell off so they dont die. They need the poise only for the first hit.
>>
>>335848265
>it made heavy weapons actually viable
>DaS1
you have no idea what you are talking about
>>
>tfw you will never know if a player will tank your attack or not

This makes pvp a lot harder.
Also is anyone else sick of getting hit even when your attack hit first?
I get this a lot of time, it ends up in draws more times than I would like.
>>
File: 2 bombs weren't enough.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2 bombs weren't enough.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>tfw you remember when /v/ didn't defend half finished games and season passes
>>
>>335847720
UuUaaaAaHHtheeDarksoulshPvPmeTahasAlwaysbenCelebratedforitsexcellence...
>>
Dark Souls is 10000000000 times better than Dark Souls 3
>>
Poise shitters are the same people that cried when flippy havels and poise were nerfed in one patch. I still remember the tears.
>>
>>335848497
>I never used a heavy weapon in Dark Souls PvP or PvE
>>
>>335847986
To a degree yes but I imagine something like a player can power through X amount of hits from Y weapon before being staggered would be more balanced than all the giant dad bullshit the cry babies want back
>>
>>335848265

Hornet ring backstabs doesn't mean a weapon is viable.
>>
File: 1424279467713.gif (14 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
1424279467713.gif
14 KB, 416x416
>>335848454
Someone finally gets it.
>>
>>335848265

DBS and Gaxe were the only weapons with hyper in DeS.

DBS was side-by-side with Estoc as the best weapon while Gaxe was comfortably in A-tier.
>>
When is this game gonna be on sale for 15 bucks so I don't feel bad for buying it?
>>
File: 1461846081261.webm (3 MB, 1164x670) Image search: [Google]
1461846081261.webm
3 MB, 1164x670
>>
>>335848393
I'd think perseverance, iron flesh and so on could let you get poised enough to tank heavier hits if you made a build around it.
>>
>>335847198
Guts has every stat maxed except Luck
>>
>>335845785
>reminder that str is literally easy mode
Literally the exact opposite is true

>but it does so much damage!
Dex weapons usually outdamage it just not on a per hit basis
>>
All this thread is is people either bitching their play style were fucked up by from and people who are gloating their play style was the only one not to be ruined.
>>
>>335848454
r1 spam babbys realize it should be fixed, the entire thread is them panicking at the prospect of it being fixed
>>
>>335848590

Atleast you're honest about your ignorance
>>
>>335848590
Poise was the most useful for fast weapon users
Poise didn't make the few heavy weapons that were viable that at all.
You just straight up don't know what you are talking about I don't know what I'm supposed to say here
>>
I still dont know how to use weapon arts
>>
What's more useless, poise or weapon arts?
>>
>>335848605
>What is trying to stagger the enemy before you get staggered

>>335848628
Which made armor do fuckall in that game, and made any slow weapon that didn't give hyperarmor completely useless.
>>
>>335848693
OH! So the reason they removed poise was to make the game easy mode. So everyone that likes DS3 combat is an easy mode baby. Got it.
>>
>>335848849
Warcry is baller
>>
>>335848315

There's that... But what it does to smaller weapons makes them absolutely garbage unless they mash a good r1 frametrap. Even with fixes to weight it would probably make smaller weapons basically useless.

They haven't got it right yet.
>>
>>335848795
DELETE THIS
>>
Does poise affect hyper armor? It seems no matter what armor you wear, hyper armor is hyper armor, I've never seen it interrupted.
>>
Stupid Question.

Why is it called Hyper Armor instead of Super Armor?
>>
>>335846764
Marginally higher damage reduction.
>>
>>335849016
Nope.

>>335849035
Why not?
>>
>>335849035

It sounds cooler :)
>>
>>335849035
Because hyper armor blocks super attacks
>>
File: KEK.png (329 KB, 1056x464) Image search: [Google]
KEK.png
329 KB, 1056x464
ITT: FROM's defence force doing their best to divert the attention from their lies and incompetence

I really hope you enjoyed farming these Farron ranks because you did it for a blank item that does literally nothing
>>
>>335848806
>>335848845
I don't know why I bother explaining it to you retards, but I'll give it a shot.

Take the Zweihander for example. A 2-handed weak attack did about 75 or 76 poise damage, meaning that it would stagger you if you didn't have that much poise. This means your strategy of falchion spam with no armor wouldn't do jack shit, as one or 2 Zweihander hits would almost definitely stagger you. Meanwhile, a 2-handed Falchion weak attack did 30 poise damage, and hit about twice as fast, meaning that if I used the Wolf Ring or a good armor set, I could laugh off your shitty spamming. Hence heavy weapons were useful if your build was good enough, and fast weapons weren't completely dominant.
>>
>>335849035
Babies need cool names to feel good about their inferior products.
>>
File: smug goth dude.jpg (12 KB, 235x279) Image search: [Google]
smug goth dude.jpg
12 KB, 235x279
>hyper armor

were all the other gay ass terms taken or what?
>>
>>335846698

If you seriously think STR is easier in Dark Souls 3 you haven't played it. There is literally no reason to use anything that isn't a fast 1 handed r1 spammy weapon.
>>
>>335846781
actually they'd be way better because you wouldn't need tow worry about losing trades against heavies. Poise is shit.
>>
Poise works with hyper armor, it's literally working as intended.
>>
>>335848876

There were no slow weapons? DBS and Gaxe were really the only slow weapons and they had hyper armor.

I know the armor pain, but the old system made the game worse than Demon's Souls. I remember being pumped when after analyzing the E3 demo from Dark Souls and noticing the poise mechanics on the E3 BK build everyone rejoiced; "Finally! Plate will do shit!"

Even when the game came out I puzzled out the old poise BPs and published them myself... But inevitably there were far reaching implications that sort of spoiled the game with it.
>>
>>335849305
Funny because DeS had no poise and UGS were as viable as any other weapon.
>>
>>335849016
Poise doesn't break hyper armor it adds a similar effect as hyper armor that protects heavily geared players from getting staggered by a single attack from tiny weapons. Basically the only reason straightswords are so good is because poise doesn't work.

In my experience hyper armor can only be broken by stronger hyper armor. It's the benefit of 2handing massive, slow weapons. Poise is supposed to be the benefit of wearing heavy armor b since it doesn't work it's only viable to wear light armor to save stats for damage output and health. Vitality is useless without poise.
>>
>>335849305
D A R K S W O R D
>>
>>335847046
i bet I could fit my leg in her pussy
>>
>>335846621
>soulshitters think there is any skill involved in soulshit

My sides
>>
>>335849387
Saw absolutely zero difference in hyper armor from 0 poise to almost 50 poise
>>
>>335849227
but that image clearly states that the ring is found on a corpse and not farmed you dipshit.
>>
>>335844053
Poise needs to be fixed. Heavy weapons are useless because they are too slow when enemies attack and make you flinch.
>>
>>335849508

There's a 2-frame tap block with no blockstun. It's literally the exact same thing as slashback; so hard to execute it's basically useless.
>>
>>335849262
Except poise also enabled more than that.
Stack 76 poise -> backstab zwei guy in recovery if he throws an R1
Stack 76 poise -> get in 2-3 buffed katana swings and come out ahead on damage
>>
>>335849574
You need all rings, including the directly outclassed +0 and +1 versions, in order to get the Master of Rings of achievement.

Not that I care about achievements, but it's just funny that obtaining it likely involves killing thousands of Ghru for the swordgrass because good luck ever getting summoned for wolfbros after SL40, and ultimately the ring is completely non-functional (and even if it weren't, it would be inferior to +1 and +2).
>>
>>335844053
>Complain about poise in DaS1
>Poise is useless in 2 and 3
thanks dexfags
>>
>>335849654

This is the overall problem you run into.

>Slam R1 with fast falchion/katana frametrap.
>Slam R1 with 52 or 75 poise damage infinite.

Whichever is a superior strategy is still shit gameplay wise, and makes most weapons obsolete.
>>
>>335847378
Why does no one mention DS2's poise system? I know everyone hates it but you have to admit they did a few things right. Poise works well in 2 because you can stack it to be able to tank a UGS attack PVE or PVE, but it comes at a high weight cost. If they balanced it out they could easily make heavier sets able to tank big hits and even multiple estoc swings, enough to break the other persons poise. If the person has ridiculous poise with a katana or estoc then they will sacrifice movement and damage, which is the fucking key to that build.
>>
>>335849654
>backstab zwei guy in recovery if he throws an R1

That;s called punishing, and it's generally a viable tactic in PvP games. If your opponent makes a mistake, fuck them up. Also, backstabbing is another issue entirely.

>get in 2-3 buffed katana swings and come out ahead on damage

If I'm up against a buffed fast weapon, and the other guy had decent armor, I sure as hell wouldn't try to fucking win a stagger match. I would play more defensively until the buff wore out.
>>
I honestly don't get why people enjoy Dark Souls PVP it's always been dull as shit. The only way to make it fun is to make troll builds and to irritate the shit out of the person you invade. Dueling is quite possibly the most boring experience I've had in DS, fishing for parries and stunlocking bores me to tears.
>>
>>335846750
What is this?
>>
>>335849956

>Guy times and spaces his attack.
>It lands successfully.
>You punish him because of poise.
>"That's how PvP works."

Not him btw.
>>
>>335849943

Read >>335849956
You seriously don't believe that poise made "most" weapons obselete in DaS, right? You have to try some different strategies if you're up against a spammer.
>>
>>335850029

I've always treated the souls games as an asshole simulator and that's why demon's souls remains my favourite.
>>
>>335849035
It should actually be super armor?

Super armor for me was take damage dont flinch from limited # of hits

Hyper armor was don't flinch at all regardless of attack/hits
>>
>>335850121
It's the FAQ for the Dark Souls Boardgame as answered by the lead game designer Mat Hart
>>
File: lmao.jpg (194 KB, 644x788) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
194 KB, 644x788
>>335844053
Seeing all those From apologists getting BTFO is the absolute best.

This shit made my day.
>>
>>335849654

What Poise DID was allow players to control whether they get staggered or not, on their own terms.

By understanding breakpoints they could account for say, withstanding a single-handed Greatsword R1 whilst having enough equip load to still have a fast roll, but if they got caught by a two-handed Greatsword R2 then they were at full mercy to take the followup.

In Dark Souls 3, hyperarmor replaces it. This means that the question of "will it stagger" is entirely the aggressors, meaning whoever is on the recieving end has to magically know when his opponent has hyperarmor and what moves have it (and which do not)

This means that instead of having a universal numerical understanding based on weapon class, displayed clearly for all players, you have to now understand the unique individual frames that cannot be interrupted in every attack and then account also for netcode lag.

To account for no poise, every player is just magically allowed to roll out of a combo after the second hit, regardless of their equipment or mobility.

It's fucking retarded, scrap your hyperarmor bullshit on anything that isn't specifically a heavy ultra weapon R2, and just use Poise. It's easier to understand and a trivial matter to balance.
>>
>>335850124
If you timed and spaced it properly, the other guy shouldn't fucking hit you, especially if you roll away fast enough.
>>
>>335846750
>the Q isn't even a Q
That triggers me more than the shitty comment desu
>>
>>335849956
Nah, poise backstabs were stupid.

>>335849654
You can fix the first issue by removing poise in neutral stance, or by balancing poise damage such that zwei R1s always stagger unless you're also stacking iron flesh or some shit. That would also fix min-maxed lighter weapons coming ahead on damage since they would get staggered on a trade.
>>
>>335849956
>That;s called punishing
No you punish mistakes, not him literally doing anything.

When you have a game where you win automatically if your opponent takes any action just because your equipment beats his, it's not a balanced game.
>>
>>335850182

>Dagger, rapiers, small blunts, knuckle, small axes, whips, all inferior garbage except as BS shit.

Hmmm.
>>
>>335849305
my first character was spiked mace until i got smough's hammer. second character was estoc/mage.

str/pyro > estoc/mage
>>
>>335850414
>poise backstabs were stupid
>punishing the enemy for mistakes they made is stupid

You're stupid.
>>
>>335850305
>It's a kickstarter
>"Created in partnership with Bandai Namco" -IGN

Fucking hell. At least From didn't endorse it, r-right?
>>
>>335850182
Read what, a post that literally says it's okay for heavy weapons to be 100% useless?
>>335850535
If you're punishing them for the """mistake""" of not picking a dex weapon then yes, it is stupid.
>>
File: crashpuppets.png (138 KB, 800x519) Image search: [Google]
crashpuppets.png
138 KB, 800x519
>From have fucked up PC ports literally 3 times now
>People are surprised.
>>
>>335850535
In the case of poise backstab that mistake is... attacking with a heavy weapon.
>>
>>335850407

I can see you missed the point.

If your opponent hits you cleanly by properly spacing and timing his attack, what part of you BSing him with impunity as you shrug off his attack thanks to poise is "punishing?"

You played like a retard, but since you had poise you were rewarded.
>>
>>335850325
kek
>>
>>335850509
Most of those weapons weren't inferior because of poise, it was other reasons entirely. Getting rid of poise wouldn't make whips or fist weapons any less garbage.

And rapiers are entirely viable, especially Ricard's rapier.

>>335850479
>you punish mistakes

That was a mistake, he didn't fuck up because of his equipment, he fucked up because he used his equipment improperly. What part of this are you not getting?
>>
>>335850676
It's the same shit on consoles though
>>
>>335850676
Poise bug (?) affects all versions. It was just PC that it was found on.

>3 times now
Aside from the durability bug which was more annoying than anything, there was nothing wrong with the DaS2 port.
>>
>>335850878
>he didn't fuck up by using the wrong equipment, he just fucked up by using his equipment to do literally anything other than try to poise BS

Okay faggot, you're retarded. Slow weapons were literally useless against anyone with poise and you're literally arguing FOR that while claiming you aren't.
>>
>>335850878

You don't actually know of they were inferior or not though. All we know really is that their R1 mash wasn't a good frametrap like Falchion. Nobody ever found out if they had good combos, pokes or anything because they had no retarded mash frametrap.

Also Ricard's was shit.
>>
>>335850479
>No you punish mistakes, not him literally doing anything.
Are you new to video games? Giving your opponent an opening to attack is a mistake.
>>
>>335849598
Those heavy weapons wont get anymore poise during an attack than they do now. They already get max poise.

All passive poise will do is let estocs stun you more because you won't flinch when they hit you. What became 2 hit combos will become 5 hit combos for them.
>>
File: 1460760228803.png (429 KB, 606x375) Image search: [Google]
1460760228803.png
429 KB, 606x375
>>335845236
>mfw people unironically fill out name and/or thread subject as if this was reddit or some kind of shit forum
>>
>>335851064
and if using a heavy weapon is a mistake, then the game is imbalanced.
>>
>>335850791
But that's not what happens. Where did you get the idea that poise is what caused backstabs to be so frequent? DaS's netcode was the main offender there.

>>335850716
The mistake was missing.
>>
>>335851067
>What became 2 hit combos will become 5 hit combos for them.
The idea though is your attack finishes so a heavy weapon will wreck their shit for getting greedy.
>>
>>335850952
ds2 port had input delay and awful camera controls

At least DS3 is playable without any fix. Still has a couple of annoying bugs though.
>>
>>335851135
>the mistake was missing
>when you hit him
You are a fucking retard.
>>
>>335851135
No, you would HIT them and still get backstabbed because they had enough poise to walk through it.
>>
>>335850993
Stop putting words into my mouth you fucking faggot. I didn't say any of that shit.

>>335851054
It had a great 2-handed R2, and of course it could poke while using a shield.
>>
>>335849227
>Implying they wont patch it

This is FROM software, not EA. Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>335851135

DaS's netcode was the main offender... But poisestabs were something that would just fuckup a match of proper playing, and this was frequent. The netcode was just further exasperated by the poise problem.

Don't blame the netcode as a way to pass the buck on my point; poise rewarded you for playing like shit in many cases and punished people who made properly timed and spaced attacks.
>>
File: Poise in Dark Souls 1.gif (1 MB, 397x257) Image search: [Google]
Poise in Dark Souls 1.gif
1 MB, 397x257
>>
>>335845561

This is a myth parroted by drones, there is no proof at all in any tests that indicates poise affects hyper armor

DaS 3 is just a shit BB rehash that From shat out to cash in on the franchise before they move on to their Sony deal
>>
>>335851309
>it's okay for the game to be made in such a way that you literally cannot use a heavy weapon for anything but backstabs
Your actual argument. I put no words in yoru mouth at all.
>>
>>335846253
even if you have a shield out and block those fucking dogs they still somehow hit you sometimes.
>>
>>335851213
>>335851236

My bad, I thought we were talking about a heavy greatsword missing and being punished with a backstab, not strafing with poise and backstabbing.
>>
>>335850575
I have some news for you son...
>>
File: 1224885217130.jpg (32 KB, 389x410) Image search: [Google]
1224885217130.jpg
32 KB, 389x410
>>335844053
Time is convoluted. Armour phases in and out.
>>
>>335851416
>it's okay for the game to be made in such a way that you literally cannot use a heavy weapon for anything but backstabs

Those are your words. Show me exactly where I said that.
>>
>>335851313
The game has already been patched multiple times and it literally only takes switching one 0 to a 1 to enable it. It's so fucking easy people playing on pc do it themselves.

You're the faggot.
>>
>>335845431

The whole point is they left a disabled or broken stat in the game.
>>
>>335851565
>Those are your words. Show me exactly where I said that.
You're literally arguing that it's okay for people to walk through a heavy weapon attack and """""""""""""""""""""punish"""""""""""""""""""""" the guy for LANDING A FUCKING HIT THAT WAS SPACED PROPERLY by backstabbing him just because he stacked a lot of poise.
>>
>>335851485
What? ;_;
>>
>>335846926
Why did you post a picture of a Dex fag?
>>
>>335851586
So what's Dark Souls 3 with poise turned on like? Is it everything I ever wished for?
>>
FROM truly is the Bethesda of japanese games.
>>
>>335851236
>>335851330

Not him but so fucking what? DaS 3 backstabs are different, you can whiff them.

I've never seen a fucking backstab in pvp in this game, everyone has anime speed and ultra fast chugging, it's the worst pvp it has ever been
>>
>>335846558
I got invaded yesterday in the farron swamp, and I got the watchdog and the dark spirit to chase me all the way up to the stray demon, where I did nothing but roll around aimlessly forever. They couldn't hit me, and I was making no attempt to hit them. Then I misclicked and did a roll attack and died. Shit was fun
>>
What's best stat to enchance the weapon for now for PvP?
>>
>>335851313
When are they going to patch shitty AI? Because it's been five games and they still haven't patched it.
>>
>>335849035
Hyper Armour = Being uninterruptible after a certain point during an animation (usually an attack). EG in Bloodborne if you Chsrged R2 and saw the white flash it meant that the attack would finish in its entirety regardless if you got hit.

Super Armour = Regular poise in games where "poise" wasn't a term (DeS and BB). Usually referred to enemies since the player didn't have any.
>>
>>335851684
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EaoGYbK0fo
>>
>>335851684

It's slightly less bloodborne

They still need to fix the embarassing magic system
>>
>>335846292
It's already easy to kil every boss with a large club or UGS if you know what you're doing. I can't imagine what it'd be like if you could just poise tank them on top of it
not to mention it'd make cheesing with straight sword extremely easy since you wouldn't even care about getting hit
>>
>>335851684
Yes, it's just as easy and mindless as your fantasies, you estoc faggot.

People need to stop whining about MUH POISE CRUTCH FAST WEAPONS AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH BAAAAW and start whining about actually broken shit like faith spells being useless aside from Tears of Denial.
>>
>>335851808
uhh killing gundyr with a great club is not that easy, trust me it's way fucking easier ith a dark sword or a broadsword
>>
>>335848265
It was fucking awful and practically broke PvP you fucking retard

If it comes back be prepared for the shitty fucking DaS1 meta all over again

I swear to god only idiots defend that shit or at least people that aren't good at PvP
>>
>>335851123
Nothing wrong with games where PvP is completely optional to be imbalanced, specially in games where it's pretty clear that certain playstyles have clear advantages and every other one is apparently meant for challenge playthroughs. For instance, in theory you can play GTA without ever firing a gun, Skyrim without using magic or items, Mario without ever picking a single powerup and so on.
>>
>>335845254
This title is just a bridge between bb and das. Next game will have both worlds combined
>>
>>335845254
>Unfortunately, it is looking more and more like Miyazaki's return to Dark Souls was not the second coming I hoped for
Gee, it's ALMOST as if the people shouting MUH B-TEAM in response to anything DaS2-related were Bloodborne memers that were shockingly-unaware of how little Miyazaki accounts for when it comes to a game being good or not
>>
>>335849654
Solution:

Tie equip load to Strength, it makes sense since holding heavy stuff requires you to be strong, and would stop Dex and Magic builds wearing Havels armour.
>>
>>335846662
Yhorm's shield and the wolf ring are absolutely heartbreaking to look at in my inventory.
>>
>>335851705

>Sending the goalposts to orbit.

I'm talking about DaS1 poise and why it's shit.
>>
>>335851647
If the guy has enough poise to shrug off a UGS weak attack, than he probably has heavy armor and/or the wolf ring (visible through a gray aura on the user), both of which the player can recognize and prepare for before trying to weak attack. Instead of lazily throwing out weak attacks, the heavy weapon user should try some rolling attacks or strong attacks, or even some sorcery.
>>
>>335852021
Or rather, memers who didn't realise Miyazaki was in fact on board for DaS2.
>>
>>335852021
BB was actually really good. It accomplished everything it set out to do.
>>
>>335852131

And I'm talking about DaS 1 poise in DaS 3, your argument does not apply to DaS 3
>>
Maybe poise is just a shit mechanic in general? Kudos to them for realizing that and removing it.

Honestly DSIII should have the Bloodborne quickstep by default instead of rolling, it was a clear improvement in gameplay but they were forced to tune down to slow-paced rolling
>>
>>335845254
I find DaS3 to be a lot better than DaS1 actually. Then again, that's mostly because DaS1 was unfinished. I mostly like it more because it's fast-paced.

It would hands-down be the best in the series by far if magic was fixed and non-SS/rapier/katana weapons were buffed. That's the biggest issue with the game.
>>335852153
>the heavy weapon user should try some rolling attacks
Which he will get poise BS'd through, or parried.
>or strong attacks
Which he will get BS'd for
>or even some sorcery
>Heavy weapons were viable! You just had to not use them and use magic instead!
>>
>>335851993
Please, the lack of poise was more harmful than poise itself. How is every attack stunlocking or staggering the target fair?
>>
File: difficulty.jpg (121 KB, 306x609) Image search: [Google]
difficulty.jpg
121 KB, 306x609
>>335852214
>I-It was bad anyway, it's good it doesn't work!
>>
>>335852214
>and removing it.
>by adding the stats on your character and adding items that add poise in the game

oy mate ur a faget
>>
File: 1460927069048.webm (3 MB, 834x469) Image search: [Google]
1460927069048.webm
3 MB, 834x469
>>335852214

>Honestly DSIII should have the Bloodborne quickstep by default instead of rolling

Jesus chirst fucking kill yourself, Dark Souls combat was great because it had positioning and weight behind it, not some bullshit bloodborne anime combat

Oh yeah look at this fucking great combat so good mmh slupr yes Miyazaki cock slurp so good
>>
Souls fags can't even blame the "B team" this time.

Get fucked retards and admit DS2 is superior.
>>
>>335844053
wait, so poise doesn't work like it does in das1? just simply allowing you not to get staggered by heavy blows?

That was what poise did in the first game. has anyone even tried to wear high poise items to see if they get staggered less? i get the feeling no one as even fucking tried
>>
>>335852195

I never mentioned DaS3 in any post I've made. My very first post was about how DaS1 was inferior to DeS basically because poise.

I also believe they're incapable of balancing fuckall I guess, I'll concede that to you. I have no idea how poise would work and if poisestabs would come back, or if it would make things worse.

Likely you'll be swimming in more Darkswords and Estocs than ever.
>>
>>335852214
Also they should remove equip load like Bloodborne because at this point it's there just to annoy you out of cool looking armor, since you can no longer upgrade armor and therefore they hardly make a gameplay difference
>>
>>335852303
You're just exaggerating now, faggot. You can't counter every hit with a backstab, as much as you want to believe it.

Next time, stop using McDonald's wifi and blaming poise for what your posts clearly indicate is a connection problem.
>>
File: 6f4461d98c98785c.jpg (187 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
6f4461d98c98785c.jpg
187 KB, 960x960
>all these butthurt shitters that are upset that they can't wear full havels and r1 every single enemy in the game
This will never stop being funny.
>>
>>335852387
>Dark Souls combat
>has weight
Not until they implement hitstop properly, it doesn't.
>>
>>335852075
Isn't quality meta anyways?
>>
>instead of any actual arguments the thread just turns to str vs dex shitposting
A shame really, even the souls general devolved into such a base level of conversation.
>>
>>335852332
Hyper armor is an active method of trading and benefits heavy weapons that need it to compete with fast weapons.

Poise was a passive system that benefitted anyone, especially fast weapons that had the extra equipload to spare. It also enabled poise backstabs which pretty much became the fucking meta and led to fucking one shots constantly. It was horseshit even if you were good at it

It was also broken due to how it forced you to hit stupid breakpoints or get stunlocked to death
>>
>>335852387
I have seen literally the same situation and scene happen coutless times in Dark Souls I

Just admit Souls combat is not really well-developed towards PvP, it's just a fun mini-game
>>
>>335852414
so long as soul memory is a thing dark souls 2 will always be the worst souls game.
>>
So does anyone know how to turn poise back on? I pirated so I don't care about PvP.
>>
>>335852574
Posting on /v/ from anything other than consoles should be banned
>>
File: astora charrgee.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
astora charrgee.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>335852387
>I use shitty weapons the webm
>>
>>335852503
>You can't counter every hit with a backstab
You can against heavy weapons with a lot of poise since the recovery times on everything except a great club 2H rolling R1 is too long to not get BS'd.
>>
File: 1460228707839.jpg (27 KB, 300x392) Image search: [Google]
1460228707839.jpg
27 KB, 300x392
>>335852460
>>
>>335852506
>all these faggots who are completely off-topic

This will never stop being stupid.
>>
File: 1441340393204.png (303 KB, 588x720) Image search: [Google]
1441340393204.png
303 KB, 588x720
>>335852506
Parrying, strafing, and blocking already solved that problem.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.