[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT : Character that reminds you of yourself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 240x240
For me it's Pontiff. Intelligent, nihilistic and and with a wicken sense of HOW THE FUCK DO I BEAT THIS GUY???????????
>>
>>335011703
Gir gud. He's easily beatable playing on your own.
>>
Hahaa!!

2 memes rolled into one

Niice 8)
>>
File: Sonic_oh_well.png (623 KB, 1024x1301) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_oh_well.png
623 KB, 1024x1301
>>
>>335011703
You remind yourself of fantasy Hitler?
>>
He's basically 'that ninja' 2.0
>>
>>335011703
Summon npcs, the game was designed with coop/invasions in mind, that's why even offline you can still get invaded/summon.
Not doing so is like arbitrarily deciding not to jump on a mario game because it's cheap for some reason and then wanting to brag for beating the game while playing it wrong.
>>
LITERALLY
>>
>>335011703
NEVER run away from him, i found that the safest place to be at all times is right at his face, and whenever he attacks, roll TOWARDS him, most of his attacks give him some forward momentum, meaning if you move towards his side when he attacks, most of his attacks will whiff completely.

When he summons his doppelganger, it will always telegraph the Pontiff next attack, so use it to your advantage, he does less combo attacks during this phase, but has some one shooting attacks if you're not careful, dodge the shadow and the bosses's attack and then hit back, if you kill the shadow, he will soon summon another one, giving you some time for free hits.

Basically this boss is the bane of the turtlers, because if you don't go balls deep he will rape you over and over.
>>
>>335012470
this guy would have been total cake in DaS2 with 35-40 adp builds
>>
Beat him first tr, bit died to Aldrich like 8 times.

Equip the ring that gives you more i-frames and roll forward
>>
You have to be more aggressive than him, if you try to play safe and keep your distance he will get bitchmad and will keep trying to double penetrate you with his clone, instead two hand your weapon and keep bashing his face him, he will try to run away or dodge and that will reset the clone, giving you more time to fuck him up.

Honestly almost no boss in this game will reward a more careful style like in ds1, most bosses can be easily beaten if you go full aggressive mode.

havel and cloroyant ring are a must, the ring that gives more iframes on rolling is a good one too.

If you can try to get the glory greatshield, is a bit heavy and needs 40 str to use, but with 80 stability it will block most of pontiff combos.
>>
>>335011703
Same as almost every boss in every souls game - get as close as possible and strafe/roll around him. For Pontiff you strafe around him to the right, rolling and attacking till he's dead. Killed him second try with a strength knight build.
>>
>>335012203
>he never beat Mario with as few A presses as possible
>>
>>335012768
Dude don't tell people who are having trouble to use that ring, it makes you take extra damage.

Plus its not really needed for Pontiff, if you keep rolling to his back, there are lot of weapons that lower your body enough while you're attacking that his back attacks hitboxes will miss you completely, letting you hit him with a full combo.

Blocking isn't advised, because he seems to make his combos longer and longer the more you block, so you never get a chance to hit back anyway.
>>
>>335012203
Other than the fact that it's impossible to beat Mario without jumping, that seems completely reasonable to me. The only thing is it would be stupid to do it on a first playthrough.
>>
>>335013136

The extra damage is only 10%, you have to make a choice, better iframes and safer rolls or less 10% taken from monster.
>>
>>335012742
Is that the ring that boosts your DEX and obscures rolling? Didn't realise it gave you more i-frames, or is there a Darkwood Grain ring that I haven't found yet?
>>
>>335013010
Listen man, a "half press" is a press.
Get over yourself before I knock your ass into a misaligned QPU.
>>
>>335013449

No, it's the other carthus ring, the temp invis one is the retard filter one
>>
He wrecked me a good dozen of times when I was trying with my UGS, barely put him below 50%. Said fuck it and tried with a small shield + halberd. Killed him first try using 3 estus loads.

Turns out he's weak to thrust damage. Also it's waaaay easier than it looks to stay in his back just straffing during his attacks, chain roll are counter-productive. Also he's way less aggressive in phase 2 so you can take your time learning his moveset
>>
>>335012742
How the hell does that happen? Aldrich barely fights back and just lets you kill him while pontiff rapes you constantly.
>>
>equip shield with 100% phys and as much fire as you can get
>don't have a whopping 5 endurance
>block two attacks until he whiffs his fire sword over your head
>two free hits
>keep shielding
I don't know if you faggots know this but dropping shield momentarily between hits makes your block impenetrable
>>
File: thrillingnetcode.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
thrillingnetcode.webm
3 MB, 720x405
Is Netcode completely broken for everyone else? Even since the last update, all my summons and invasions have been like this. It makes for easy soul farming though as I can never be damaged by bosses, so I'm just farming souls off of Soul of Cinder atm, don't care if I'm helping casual scrubs finish the game.
>>
>>335011703
But he's not wearing an fedora.
>>
>>335014557

Keep that in mind when fighting him, most of his attacks hit really high, so certain attacks that lower your stance will dodge his swings.
>>
>>335014764
A quarter of all my summon experiences have been like this even before the update.
>>
>>335014764

I've barely been able to invade, and the one time I was able to yesterday the netcode fucked me out of being able to hit the host.
>>
>>335014764
Gotta open a bunch of ports just to make this happen LESS.
>>
>>335014972
Yeah it was happening to me before the update as well but now it's 100% of the time. I think it works both ways though, since I don't think people I invade can see my attack animations either. So they aren't able to block me.
>>
>>335013546
fuck you """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""henry""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>335011703
I beat him a while ago and honestly he made me sick of this game. Every single oversized humanoid with a giant weapon has been the same since Artorias: dodge their combo, get an attack in, repeat ad nauseam. Except that with Atorias, you could find small gaps in his attacks and get a some hits in, and with everything else, if you even dare to get another hit that isn't one when they're recovering from there overly long combos. you're fucked. It's not hard, it's boring, mundane, and makes me want to just darksign myself should I even fuck up once because they expect you to play perfectly.
>>
>>335015758
I just parried him twice and killed him
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.