[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So will this be the MGSV of the Final Fantasy franchise?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (469 KB, 810x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
469 KB, 810x300
So will this be the MGSV of the Final Fantasy franchise?
>>
>>334697608
Nah
>>
Fuck I hope not.
>>
>>334697608
If you mean unfinished and ultimately disappointing then yes, it will be the MGSV of Final Fantasy.
>>
>>334697608
No it will be the Final Fantasy 1 of the Final Fantasy franchise.
>>
>>334697608
It sure looks like it.
It will probably have a bare bones story and an empty world, but a huge amount of meaningless side content to pad it out
>>
>>334697608
No, Square will actually have a finished project and not move onto pachinko machines.
>>
>>334697608
They aren't going for a silent protagonist and no story/cutscenes, so no.
>>
Hope not, cant be worse than 13 tho
>>
File: lestallumFFXV.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lestallumFFXV.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>334697793
I forgot the 5 but this works out too.

>>334697830
>It will probably have a bare bones story and an empty world
How? The story we already know is going to be finished since they already confirmed the entire reason they aren't doing FFXV sequels is because they condensed them all into one game so that XV would have one single coherent ending, and the world we've seen is already more full than any other FF, plus it actually has an MC that talks and will have development.
>>
>>334697608
it'll be the Tomb Raider II of the Resident Evil franchise

in america xD haha
>>
I feel like SE is doing wrong by emulating western AAA games by making it open-world. It just makes the project an immense undertaking when you also want it to have FF's traditional story and content. I feel sorry for the devs. They should've done a semi-open world like FFXII and saved tons of time and resources shipping the game earlier and also for cheaper. Even in the west, the interest for open-world games is slowly fading.
>>
File: obama.jpg (84 KB, 799x799) Image search: [Google]
obama.jpg
84 KB, 799x799
>>334698186
>>
>>334698212
It's not open world like Skyrim, it's open world in the same sense that end game in older FFs is, or like how RDR is, you still have a linear story but you have a large mostly seamless world you can explore.
>>
>>334698334
Yeah well then it is open-world. Seamless world where you load high-quality assets, animation and whatnot is an immense undertaking. It broke KojiPro taking it on because they didn't realize that western open-world games completely shit on gameplay to make it work. Even RDR was hell in development. I don't know. I just don't think FF needed to take this route considering how high-quality its production values are.
>>
>>334698523
It's basically just an FF1-9 styled world map but in 1:1 scale, people wanted an actual world map in FF again and going all out with 1:1 scale with all the bells and whistles older FFs had on the world map plus all the stuff they would do for their Action RPG system is an ambitious undertaking which is why they wanted to do it.
>>
We already have a FFXV shitposting thread.
>>334686119
>>
>>334697608
At least XV will actually be a finished game.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.