[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The equivalent to difficulty level settings in FFXV is a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
>The equivalent to difficulty level settings in FFXV is a system where you can switch between different battle modes. By having this ability to switch modes, we want to make it so that both players who like action oriented, technical gameplay and also those who want to fight at a slower, more relaxed pace can all enjoy the combat in their own style. This switching system is a key part of the gameplay that we decided to introduce based on the feedback we received from the Episode Duscae demo. We will go into more detail about the system closer to the game’s launch so stay tuned for more information.

Which mode did this shitty demo belong to?
>>
>>332883353
Both
>>
>>332883353
Anyone else get the feeling they have no fucking idea what they're doing with the combat in this game?
>>
>>332884119
Yeah, it's not total shit, but since Tabata took over they changed the combat system over and over again
Back in 2013 when Nomura was still working on it, it was just a slower Kingdom Hearts
>>
>>332883353
>SE couldn't just program a fucking easy difficulty like every other game in existence

what is wrong with this company
>>
We need more Nomura.
>>
>>332883353
The demo has to be the casual mode because I can't conceive any way to make that any more casualized.
>>
>>332884119

>Anyone else get the feeling they have no fucking idea what they're doing with this game?

fixed

this game is all marketing i will be amazed if it isn't another ff13
>>
>>332883353
You really should be in the Hall of Fame bro.
>>
>>332884354
The platinum demo's combat was really confusing. I can't really say how good it is because there was so little real combat, but it made me very sad and frustrated.
>>
>>332885257
>this game is all marketing i will be amazed if it isn't another ff13

I doubt it. Not that the game won't be terrible, I'm sure of that, but I bet the game's problems will be pretty distinct from FFXIII's
>>
File: images-23.jpg (30 KB, 381x386) Image search: [Google]
images-23.jpg
30 KB, 381x386
>>332883353
Bump for vidya discussion
>>
>>332885435
Yeah, they said it's the final combat, but they gave us a demo that is missing the party, all the abilites, all the magic except for fire and tons of weapons
It's like you'd throw Sora from KH1 without any abilites into the endgame of KH2
>>
>>332885257
At least FF13 stuck to its guns and was unapologetic about how shit it was. I honestly expect this game to be worse, it looks like they're trying to make a game based on a checklist rather than having any real idea on where they wanted it to go in the first place.
>>
>>332885754
The key difference being that Sora still never controlled like unresponsive dogshit at the start of the game. Its hard to build a good system off a shitty core.
>>
>>332885754
The basic attacking and defending was really frustrating, and then the QTE-type prompts that came up were really confusing. I kept trying to like time button presses and stuff and it failed miserably. Then when I started holding the buttons down and abusing the charge slash on the big sword, I won very easily. I don't understand what they were going for. Or why.
>>
>>332886480
You can do a lot of shit if you try, but it's not that much more effective than to just hold square when the enemy is attacking and circle to attack afterwards
I hope the full game has a lot more to offer and i hope some of the enemies are challenges, not in the sense that they to way too much damage and have way to much HP like the Behemoth in Duscae though, i want short but challenging fights like in KH
And fix the fucking the fucking framerate and frametime, it's and ARPG with parries and dodges anything that isn't at least 30 locked is unaccpetable
>>
I watched my friend play ffxv when that one demo came out a while ago. It seemed alright, just a choppy framrate. The food when they camped looked really good.
>>
Cuck mode
>>
>>332883353

Both.

You could hold the button or button mash like /v/ or time combos with abilities and shit.
>>
>>332884119

So this is it huh? /v/ filled with Casuals? While most of the demo IS filler tech demo shit, that final fight with the golem and the vastly improved combat system makes it all worth it.

Seriously, you niggas can do aerial combat, all sorts of blocks and dodges, each weapon has multiple special moves, and a surprising amount of depth for a stripped down demo.

Oh, and if you do use the right timing, YOU CAN perfect dodge cancel from MOST attack animations- there are some that you can't (mostly great sword), air attacks you must use an aerial rave dodge, which has more strict timing and doesn't require any presses of square at all. Not every attack can be dodged by holding down square. Some attacks you must have pressed square within a certain time frame of the enemies attack.

I uploaded some videos of me doing fun stuff in the fight, maybe it can inspire you fags to not be total casuals and to try and learn the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy9ONWheKGA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5m8T9w7Eb8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74yhOh1jzyc
>>
>>332883353
Don't gamble on video games.
>>
>pete rose
>>
>>332887859
Wlel, if you mash the button, it seemed like your attack animation would just reset. That was my natural inclination and it didn't really do anything.
>>
File: 1369021470844.jpg (22 KB, 422x347) Image search: [Google]
1369021470844.jpg
22 KB, 422x347
It's pretty obvious that if the game does allow you to have a mode where the combat actually requires skill, it's not shown off here
This demo is literally impossible to fail thanks to Carbuncle because it's supposed to be what hooks the casuals in to sell to
Honestly if they just made the harder version of the boss fight activate the harder combat mode, a lot of my complaints that aren't about framerate might be put to rest
>>
>>332888027
Fuck off with this copypasta already
I liked the demo and can do all the shit, that doesn't change the fact that the combat is still far from perfect and the framrerate fucks it up even more
>>
not as smooth as it was once upon time
>>
File: 1411061556633[1].jpg (42 KB, 330x315) Image search: [Google]
1411061556633[1].jpg
42 KB, 330x315
>>332883353

>no pc version
>>
>>332884119

Honestly the graphics and combat in FFXV seems to get more and more downgraded the more they work on it.

Like Duscae was kinda of shitty, but it was much better than this """demo""" that we've got.

I honestly expect this game to be just as bad as FFXIII.
>>
>>332888626

>barebones combat in a tech demo
>far from perfect

gee whiz

Also I bet you're the full of shit faggot from the other thread.
>>
>>332889948
It's most likely the engines fault, i know the PS4 isn't strong to begin with, but the Luminous engine is unoptimized as fuck and only looks and runs well on high end PCs
>>
They need weapon skills back on a single button. Triangle for Tempest vs Lockon, hold away from target and hold circle is fucking ridiculous
>>
>>332890238
>They need weapon skills back on a single button.

That's a terrible idea pleb.
>>
>>332890210

I get that the PS4 has shitty hardware and that FFXV's engine is shitty too, but the fact is that Duscae 2.0 ran better and looked better than this demo, and Duscae had a bigger area with more stuff in it than any of the areas of this new demo.

Also the combat was bad in Duscae, but it wasn't this dumbed down and uninteresting.
>>
>>332890052
I know it's a fucking demo and that lots of shit is still missing, but the copypasta gets posted every fucking time like it's a fucking gods present and you're not allowed to say anything negative against the demo otherwise people just tell you to git gud and act like the combat is the most perfect thing ever
I know it's not since i can also do all this shit and made all the other webms, it's not that hard for fucks sake
We have the demo now and that's the thing i'm judging, not the full game
And no i'm not some faggot from another thread, stop being paranoid
>>
>>332890762

Yep, you're the same angry faggot.
>>
File: 1459404090088.jpg (260 KB, 900x948) Image search: [Google]
1459404090088.jpg
260 KB, 900x948
What's with people complaining about it being unresponsive? I've had no problem with the combat at all. It's been a blast playing through it multiple times and discovering the secrets. The shield is a really nice touch with the parrying. Discovering the grapple escape quick time is an awesome touch to bring the combat alive
>>
>>332890884

They're just casuals, don't worry about them.
>>
>>332890726
Yeah, i don't get the optimization jump from Duscae to this one either
Duscae didn't looke great, but it ran at pretty much the same framerate or sometimes even better and it was a huge area with grass and sometimes 20 enemies at once
While the new one is mostly just a huge hallway with nothing going on except for one bug enemy, yet the framerate is still struggling
They said that they'll use Umbra, but i'm not tech guy so i don't know how much it will actually help, i doubt there's too much a few tweaks can do when the base engine is fucked
>>
>>332890710
There is an excess of available buttons, there is no reason to have weapon skills tied to an input
>>
>>332890864
Nice argument
I'm judging the demo that's it
I can do all the stuff, i know it has depth
Why am i not allowed that it's not perfect?, because it just isn't even me and the guy who made the videos admitted it
Faggots like you who just accept it like that are the reason why it has so many casual components now
But sometimes i forget i'm on /v/
>>
>>332891472

shhh
>>
>>332891529
Oh so you give up
I won
Okay
>>
>>332891472

at least you're not anthony burch
>>
>>332883353
You'll be in the Hall of Fame, one day. ;_;7
>>
File: 1447730626165.jpg (26 KB, 238x357) Image search: [Google]
1447730626165.jpg
26 KB, 238x357
I just finished the demo. Holy shit this just killed all interest I had in this game.

>The fucking worse than bloodborne fps
>Half a fucking second input delay
>That godawful combat system

Almost fell for the hype. Seeing how bad this decade old turd makes me even more worried about Ff7 remake.

Squeenix needs to die
>>
>>332891807
ebin
>>
>>332888027
>extremely basic action gameplay
>impressive in any way
You are an idiot and should stop posting this crap. It just displays two things, you suck at video games since you get hit plenty of times in these videos and two the combat system is shallower than even kingdom hearts. It's embarrassing.
>>
>>332888027
XV-kun? Is this you? Chill nigga, fact is not everyone likes the combat. I like it, since it is a FF game. If I wanna a hack n slash cuhrazee shit, I'll be playing DMC or Bayo. If I wanna KH, I'll play KH. People sometimes mislead into thinking FFXV is going the full on hack and slash when it's not. Look at ED for instance, if they're thinking SE going to re-do the combat, then they're delusional.
>>
>>332891529
>>332890864
>>332890052
I'd really love to see you stream the game. The demo is not perfect and not in the sense that it's missing stuff that will be in the full game. it actually has flaws; the framerate, the slight input delay, the fact that the dodge rolls inv frames are not perfect because of the framerate and frametime.
The combat system has a lot of potential and the party and a few abilites and spells will already make it a lot better, but that won't help when some core systems like parry, dodges and air cancels won'twork 100% of the time because the performance is not good enough.
>>
>>332892186
its still shit, no matter how you cut it
>>
>>332892186
isn't that the nig nog from one of those NBC shows?
>>
File: 1405321022732.jpg (143 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1405321022732.jpg
143 KB, 1280x720
>>332883353
>tfw you will never get into the hall of fame
>>
>Game has been in development 10 years, releases in another 5 months
>"It's just a demo, guys. They'll fix the shitty everything before it launches."

For the record, I liked Episode Duscae
>>
>>332884119
At first I did have the same thought. But, after ED and PD, now it is clear, that the combat of ED was always going to be the combat of FFXV. But I still don't get the easy mode equal to comfy mode or whatever
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8nr5iSbVFk
>Pixel counts indicate that the Final Fantasy 15 Platinum Demo uses a dynamic resolution on both the Playstation 4 and Xbox One. The PS4 resolution seems to vary between 1600x900 and 1920x1080 while the Xbox One resolution seems to vary between 1344x756 and something close to 1690x950.
>>
>>332891807
>Squeenix needs to die

Well if this game turns out to be as bad as this demo is and it flops, then your wish will be granted.
>>
Anthony mode
>>
>>332883353
sounds like the battle speeds in izjs i dont see the issue here
>>
I'm usually not one to ask for a PC port but this game really needs it. The frame drops when you do a warp strike from high up, use weapon skills and parries are really bad. It just overall runs like shit. I can't imagine how bad it will be for the aftermaths of summons.
>>
File: oh4uxf.gif (3 MB, 392x294) Image search: [Google]
oh4uxf.gif
3 MB, 392x294
>FF15fags think this is okay
>>
>>332892685
>I'm usually not one to ask for a PC port but this game really needs it

I agree. Although you could always buy a PS4k to run it better :^)
>>
>>332892695

that doesn't even happen in the demo you dingus
>>
Anthony fucking burch
>>
>>332892695
Its so fucking bad in this demo holy shit and its fucking 1 enemy on screen. How could they release this?

This demo did more damage than good what the fuck man
>>
>>332893065
XDDD
>>
Dude not Anthony burch lmao
Fuck off fun hating faggots
>>
>>332893280
It was fun at first, in it's own thread. But not after 24 hours in every thread
>>
>>332891807
Not if XIV exists and /v/ keeps playing it and paying Yoshida.
>>
Anthony Burch
>>
>>332892695
I have to hold square to automatically dodge because the manual roll is so fucking shit because of the input lag
>>
>>332893942

So this is it huh? /v/ filled with Casuals? While most of the demo IS filler tech demo shit, that final fight with the golem and the vastly improved combat system makes it all worth it.

Seriously, you niggas can do aerial combat, all sorts of blocks and dodges, each weapon has multiple special moves, and a surprising amount of depth for a stripped down demo.

Oh, and if you do use the right timing, YOU CAN perfect dodge cancel from MOST attack animations- there are some that you can't (mostly great sword), air attacks you must use an aerial rave dodge, which has more strict timing and doesn't require any presses of square at all. Not every attack can be dodged by holding down square. Some attacks you must have pressed square within a certain time frame of the enemies attack.

I uploaded some videos of me doing fun stuff in the fight, maybe it can inspire you fags to not be total casuals and to try and learn the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy9ONWheKGA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5m8T9w7Eb8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74yhOh1jzyc
>>
>>332894068
How many times do you plan on posting this?
>>
>>332893078
They probably rushed it the fuck out the door so they could release it right after the event
I wouldn't be surprised if it got patched within the next few weeks
>>
>>332894068
reported
>>
>final fantasy
Nah ill stick with borderlands
>>
>>332894068
>Responds to a post about dodging
>posts videos where he gets hit several times

You really are a dumb ass
>>
>>332888376
That's the thing, this is what I found from my 3rd time playing the demo. If you actually mash or tap it like I do, the one hand sword chain attacks resets at the 2nd swing. And dodging and weapon switch while attacking only available at the 1st and 2nd swing. If you hold the button and proceed to the third swing, you have to wait for the animation to finish. Only then dodging input is available. If you've proceed to the 4th, that's when it gets silly, you would to finish the 5th swing only after that dodging and weapon switch is available. For the 1st and 2nd swing, it is easier to input new commands because the animation is faster (swing arc is smaller), the 3rd swing have a larger swing arc with Noct having to swing his sword from the left to right all the way to his side, that's why new input is delayed till the end of animation. The 4th and 5th swing is more of a pack of animation. However, I still love the demo, clocked in at 4 hours already. I can't remember how many times I parried the I.Giant, it was glorious. Sad that I have to return the PS4 today. Would've tried finding more faults in the demo. I'm not shitting on the game, but it is far from flawless.
>>
>>332883353
H I T K I N G
I
T
K
I
N
G
>>
File: pete rose.jpg (17 KB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
pete rose.jpg
17 KB, 576x324
>>332883353
why'd you lie, Pete?
>>
>>332894068
Nigger you can post this garbage as many times as you want, it won't change the fact that this combat is shit and poorly designed.

And there's another thing you are missing:

Duscae had better and more responsive combat than this.

This shit is dumbed down garbage even when compared to the earlier demos.
>>
Go Reds! Put Pete in the Hall!
>>
>>332894621
Not him, but Duscae got a major patch, Platinum got rushed the fuck out
>>
Final Fantasy XV? More like Final Fantasy XX FPS average.
>>
>>332892186
Yo Donald when you doing standup again?
>>
>>332895114
Final Fantasy XX? More like Final Fantasy XXX :^)
>>
>>332890884
>What's with people complaining about it being unresponsive?
Because it takes half a second for your move to come out.
>>
This combat will get boring 12 hours in.
>>
>>332895664
I never understood this argument
It's FF, are you telling me that turned based combat was super exciting right up until the end every game?
>>
I guess I have to post this agian

people haven't figured out which you can cancel out to defensive stance with great sword?
>>
>>332883353
Here's my opinion on why XV have terrible fps, mind you that I don't have an actual game making experience, but this is just my gut feeling. Ok, the new demo, when you're in the room with huge ass books and shit and fucking coffee cans, you'll notice just how detailed that shit looks. Well, considering the demo actually takes resources from the game into the demo, don't you think when the final game is out, them tiny shit will be so detailed that it took time to actually load the damn thing into every frame. Most games doesn't even have that sort of objects detailing that XV has other than walking simulator and The Order. But, mind you, I don't have the slightest clue on how games run and made. Just sharing my opinion here. Be nice
>>
>>/v/332894958
>>
>That feel when even Rune Factory's battle system feels better than this, and Rune Factory battle system is barebone as fuck.
>>
>>332896325
It does look good, but it's also an ARPG that need precise timing, so it should be at least 30fps locked
Luminous is just not a great engine, at least for now.
I really hope Umbra fixes that a little bit
>>
>>332896387
bumper combat in YS1&2 is more fun than FF15
>>
ya know I think people are too busy spurging the shit out of today's april fools event that we cant properly talk about this
>>
File: super sad frog.jpg (17 KB, 550x547) Image search: [Google]
super sad frog.jpg
17 KB, 550x547
>You will never play Final Fantasy XV with Pete Rose while he gives you gambling advice
>>
>>332883353
why does dodging suck so bad?
>>
>>332896658
Seems like it
Megumin best girl
>>
File: Ce4AQoVVAAA7W9s.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
Ce4AQoVVAAA7W9s.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2160
>>
>>332884119
Duscae was a heap better than this.
>>
>>332896768
Because the auto dodge is not effective enough and the manual dodge is not precise enough because of the fucked up framerate
>>
What was the point of the demo seriously. it showed off nothing besides features of the graphical engine. i mean it looks great, weathers cool and all that but that boss fight was confusing as fuck. I went in expecting the frame rate to be garbage but it held up for the most part. im now convinced the framerate bitching is indeed from mustards.
>>
>>332896543
Yes I do agree. But my point is, why the hell SE need to make those detailed objects in the first place. Nobody gives a fuck about that. Oh, and the amount of detail on the character is staggering. It is amazing, but the consoles are just too weak to run all of the unnecessary details they put into the game. I like that it exist, but if it's killing the performance, who gives a shit. This game screams a pc release. But still I don't think your regular pc going to run it any better than the consoles, a ultra high end pc is needed. And man, those are expensive as hell.
>>
>>332897231
I'm a consolefag, but after all these years and the fact that's it an ARPG it needs to locked 30 at least
>>
>>332897350
I agree but i went in expecting it to be terrible. but it really wasnt. it was jumpy here and there but nothing unplayable.
>>
>>332897231
I don't find the frame rate drops too distracting. The only time I really felt ot is when I used armiger on the I.Giant and when it is raining. Those really chokes the CPU.
>>
is this an mmo or what
>>
>>332897284
>Nobody gives a fuck about that.
Yet every single thread there`s a bunch of people complaining about it looking like a PS3 game.
>>
>>332897751
Well, it's /v/ they have to complain about something
I think it looks fine, i would rather have a good framerate if it would mean that 10 hais wouldn't move on noctis head
>>
>>332897608
glad someone else isnt a bitching faggot. I agree that is when it spiked the most though. the particle effects look awesome but really choke it up. i wish sony springed up for a better cpu and made the ps4 $450 instead of 400...
>>
>>332883353

Shit nigga, you're a legend!
>>
>>332898181
And if the rumors about the PS4k are true, the GPU is 2.2x as strong but the COU only 1.3 times as strong which means it will be a huge bottleneck again
Did noone ever tell them that a good CPU is important
>>
>>332896912
This game is going to surpass MGSV levels of disappointment followed by extreme denial.
>>
>>332897751
I think they're actually complaining about the LOD of distance object. And It's not that people don't a fuck, it's that some items like the coffee can and books doesn't need to have that high level of detail, those small things that no one give a shit about. And my post is about those small detailed things that is eating the game's performance.
>>
>>332898537
well some developers can bruteforce most of the games rendering through the gpu and leave minimums like physics tied to the cpu. Its just power hungry western devs and incompetent gook hacks who dont need more power, they require it just to achive their shitty artistic vision.

I know the engine itself is very capable, the engine director made a similar one last gen and at 720p, it ran great on PS3 and 360 with drops in some areas but mostly a stable 30
>>
>>332885154
Its pretty easy, game dont lets you die at all from my experience, at least the demo. I bet you can cast auto heals by partymembers, shortly before you die.

Casual Senpai
>>
>>332883353
Are you Burch in disguise?
>>
>>332896912
I'm not trying to be a XV apologist or anything, but your first image wasn't even on the console. It's more of a pc generated trailer and even then the frame rates not that good if you actually see the video. But that said, the city looks dead as fuck in the demo. But that's probably just the demo though.
>>
>>332888027
SOULS Lite at best. Combat is shitty and cluncky, and is made better in DMC or any other Platinum game
>>
>>332892186
donglover
>>
>>332894142
>they'll patch it
>it's only a demo
>etc
>>
>>332899748
Well it is a demo
And they did actually patched the previous demo
Weird times
>>
>>332899748
>Not knowing ED patch
>>
MGSV and Bloodbourne look far better and run better than this turd
>>
>>332900110
at least my last name isn't Lutz
>>
>>332900110
That's what you get when you spent all your money on hair physics
>>
>>332899872
>>332899860
Wait, for real?
>>
I just wish there was an option to switch attack to Square and dodge to Circle. I kept hitting circle on instinct on the Giant thinking it was the Dodge button
>>
>>332900332
Yup, they even add the a fight with the huge creature at the lake. Only after a few side quest. I think it's after prompto side quest.
>>
>>332900332
Yeah, the last demo got a huge like 3 gb patch that improved the framerate and the combat system and added a few enemies
>>
>>332900361
You could technically map the button yourself, but then they'll be fucked up in the menus
I hope we can remap them they
I want to press X to attack and circle to jump like in KH
>>
>>332897231

That's the point, it was a tech demo. They said a proper gameplay focused demo with full combat will be out closer to Sep.
>>
File: hud-1[1].jpg (104 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
hud-1[1].jpg
104 KB, 600x450
>>332900361
fucking this. this was the worst part. The HUD and attacking should be so simple. I dont have a problem with qte prompts for special attacks or blocks but is so inconsistent and random you never know when you need to get ready
>>
>>332900328
This and the character models are detailed as fuck. If you actually zoomed in on Noctis’s arm and hand, it looks realistic as fuck. With veins and shit. I bet if they use XIII character model, the game will perform a lot better.
>>
Just finished trying it out.

Once I got a handle on the combat, it was alright. The problem is that nothing was fucking explained. I realized that you couldn't dodge roll via pressing square once, and only realized that you could slightly-reliably dodge roll by double-tapping it. Once I was able to play around with the warp thing, it was fun to fight the Iron Giant, but due to the size difference + camera angle + changing framerate, it was hard to actually focus on when to dodge etc. Just generally confusing at first.

I liked the level of detail on close-up objects. Everything looked great close-up. But then you look at shit from far-away, and you realize that it doesn't look that great from afar. Kind of seems like they got all of their high-res assets, popped it into a demo, and called it a day, rather than going through and optimizing the fuck out of it so that it runs at a decent frame-rate.

Kind of makes me wish for a PC release, because this shit would look beautiful on a PC.

>>332900843
Thank fuck for that.
>>
This is like the only vidya thread up right now kek.
>>
>all these fucking shitters in the thread right now

you casual faggots are no better than gamefaqs, game is great and responsive if you're not garbage at video games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxSwEL7SPo0
>>
>>332900992
Wtf, i just noticed
Someone should screencap that shit
>>
>>332900985
>Kind of makes me wish for a PC release, because this shit would look beautiful on a PC

They hinted a PC release on their Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/715587589970010112
>>
>>332901194
OH FUCK!
>>
>>332901194
Most people only have problems with the performance, calm down buddy
>>
>>332900843
>They said a proper gameplay focused demo with full combat will be out closer to Sep.
Source?
>>
>>332900992
It's the Anthony Burch threads isn't it. No wonder shitposting is slow in this XV demo thread today. Usually it extends to almost 400 posts only after then they grew tired of it. For once, XVfans got their thread to work.
>>
>>332901358

Tabata said there would be a free demo with the whole crew.
>>
File: raiden.jpg (62 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
raiden.jpg
62 KB, 300x300
>>332901194
>>
>>332901302
Imo, it was clear that the PC release would
Most FF are already on Steam, the question with FF games is never if they release on PC, but how long after the console release
>>
I will just wait for the upgraded PC version that will be much better
>>
>>332901194

damn son
>>
>>332901467
SOURCE
>>
>>332901194
Hold on.

Where the fuck did you get those other weapons and shit? Perhaps I'm retarded and didn't explore enough, but I didn't find anything like that in my playthrough. And why is I. Giant level 15?

>>332901302
>DX11 tech is console only
>and higher tech most likely means DX12
>which means W10 exclusive
Fuck.
>>
>>332901718

A few ATRs, he mentioned it multiple times.
>>
>>332901467
Source you nignog.
>>
>>332901739
He's level 15 the second time you fight him, touch the plate on the ground way at the end
>>
>>332901739

soawning him after beating him once makes him lvl 15

weapons are up the building.
you can get weapons for babby noct too and meteorain
>>
>>332901194
Here's my analysis of the combat (just on the one hand sword)
>>332894291
It's not that it's not responsive, but the animation sometimes freeze new input. I've yet to analyze the shuriken and shield yet though.
>>
>>332901194
Again, the biggest problem is the performance; the framerate and frametiming is horrible
We all know you can do all that shit in the demo and that the full game will have your full party and other weapions etc.
That won't change the fact that bad framerate and frametiming will ruin some of the mechanics
Think aobut how bad the game will run if two or three of those giants are on screen while your party member also do stuff
>>
>>332901874

ATR

He said he WANTS there to be a demo. It's not 100% proof there will be one. But I wouldn't be surprulised.
>>
I don't know if this will turn out well. Well have to wait for indie reviews.

What's the best rpg for PS4 already? Is Star Ocean 5 out in English yet? Is Witch and the Hundred Knight good?
>>
>linear as fuck demo has long loading screens, input lag, frame drops/timing issues, and has been downgraded to hell and back, despite being on the final engine
This doesn't bode well for the game
>>
>>332896912
Another game where devs will get away with bullshit lies and blatant scamming. Why are people so retarded these days? They even accidentally mentioned that they used PC exclusively to make their bullshots, but "it's totally ok since everyone is doing it".
>>
>>332901843
>>332902127
Source you fucking idiot, heresay isnt a source
>>
>>332884119
Its ok but it lacks a FUCKING MOVE LIST so it leaves a shit first impression.

And fuck the MP limitation fuck it up the ass.
>>
>>332901635
Hope SE port it with an actual pc-release in mind. Not a console to pc port. But having said that, if you actually wants XV to look like how it is in the trailers, I bet you'll be needing a really high-end pc to run it. Which is I'm aiming to get it. But I'll still play the console version as early as possible.
>>
>>332896912

>its a demo!
>>
>>332902072
the thing is that it's a fucking demo and you guys gotta stop with the
>ITS A DEMO MEME
>ITS A BETA MEME
>SONYGGERS ON DAMAGE CONTROL

it's a fucking demo nobody is going to bother optimizing that shit especially considering it's an older build. Optimizing and polishing comes at the end of a development cycle. It run pretty well for a fucking tech demo and everyone is acting like this is the final game.
>>
>>332896912
>its yet another blue/grey blandfest

Is blue/grey this gens brown/bloom?
>>
>>332901880
>>332901974
I didn't even notice that. Can you start from the I. Giant fight, or do you have to go through everything all over again?

Guess I should of explored more.
>>
>>332902160
I don't even want to see how bad the draw distance and LOD will be at this point in the Duscae area, there's probably no grass left
>>
>>332883353
I wonder why they gave us the superior young Noctis gameplay for most of the demo if in the final game they're just going with the shitty unresponsive gameplay we already had since Duscae, as shown with normal Noctis at the end.
>>
>>332902408
You have to do it all again, but you can jsut run past all enemies as small noctis
>>
>>332898793
>jaggies everywhere
Sure, it looks awesome. Better make sure to preorder
>>
>>332902378
Oh shut up, it's running on the final engine, is linear as fuck, and contains comparatively little detail compared to what they've claimed the final game will look like.
>>
DONT FUCK WITH NOCTIS
>>
>>332902551
What are you on about?
>>
>>332902378
I know it's a demo and i know that small optimizations will be the last part of the process, but the fact that game is not running at a stable framerate in a literal hallway is not that great
I really hope it will be locked 30 which should be the minimum standart for an ARPG that relies on timed inputs
>>
>>332902592
>it's running on the final engine
it doesn't
> is linear as fuck
all the kid noctis segments were made from scratch for demo purposes only because everyone kept asking for kid noctis.
>contains comparatively little detail compared to what they've claimed the final game will look like.
I dont doubt that the final game is going to be downgraded but like i said, this was a fucking tech demo and in no way representative of the final version.

You are full of shit.
>>
There's definite input delay for attacking and evading. It's not really an issue in the demo because the normal enemies are weak and the iron giant can be easily cheesed. But hopefully it will be ironed in the final game. Otherwise I loved it. Looks great, has fantastic music, and without the lag the combat would be solid.
>>
>>332900889
>veins and shit xD
MGSV had animated muscles and they used that feature ONCE
>>
>>332901302
Why are japanese devs the only ones retarded enough to delay their PC versions only to lose sales and fresh hype.
>>
>>332901194
>uses the warp strike
WOW YOU'RE A FUCKING BADASS
>>
>>332902592
Judge it again when the game is finally out. Debating about ifs bears no significance either. But yeah, the new demo was not up to scratch. I can understand the complaints. Probably they are just copying and pasting the game resources here and there while making the demo.
>>
>>332902995
My point stands you idiot. The demo has no excuse to run that badly.

And are you just going to ignore the last area that's lifted straight from the game, contains an enemy straight from the game, and combat straight from the game? This is where most issues are.

Fucking moron.
>>
I dont get the people that say it looks great? Every screen i saw beforehand NEVER looked as bad as in the demo.

I wont judge the combat further, but this game doesnt look that good
>>
>>332903234
PC players will be hyped for a 25 year old PS1 game, it doesn't matter when the game was released
>>
>>332903234
Because PC market is tiny compared to consoles so they'd rather prioritize the market that actually sells large numbers.
>>
>>332883353
macro carbuncle porn when
>>
>>332903304
The engine should still run at a better framerate even if optimization is not final
You can use pretty much all engine and just move assets and the framerate will stay the same, it doesn't matter
It would mean that they have to optimize every room in the game, which is not how engines work
>>
>>332903413
Technically, PC market is huge. Problem is they only play F2P crap en masse.
>>
>>332903060
On the consoles? I've not played MGSV on consoles.
>>
>>332903304
My main issue is with the Citadel area, which is lifted straight from the game. Its put me off the final game.
>>
>>332902378
Haha this denial.

Just stop being a fan, and you wont get ridiculed and can enjoy the game anyway IF it delivers
>>
>>332903413
Every multiplat sold just as much on PC as it did on consoles when released simultaneously with consoles. Just look at Skyrimjob and Fagout 4. Selling when the game is old and devoid of hype will just lead to lost sales. It's pure retardation.
>>
>>332903597
The market of PC owners who actually but full priced games is tiny. That's the only PC market SE cares about.
>>
>>332903620
Yep
>>
>>332903973
>Delacruz
Oh come on that can't be a real name
>>
>>332903916
First off, those are traditionally PC franchises. And they STILL sold better on consoles by a large amount.
>>
>>332904046
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_la_Cruz
>>
>>332903570
>The engine should still run at a better framerate even if optimization is not final
I've yet to play ED, so I have no say regarding their 1.5 engine. That said, PD doesn't really run that bad actually, like some of /v/ exaggerates. Only major dip I had when I was fighting the I.Giant at night while it was raining while I'm an armiger mode.
>>
>>332903973
>The market of PC owners who actually but full priced games is tiny.
I love this "all PC gamers are pirates" meme.
>>
>>332902271

Watch the fucking ATRs you brainless moron.
>>
>>332904213
I never said that, faggot. Most wait for games to drop substantially in price though.
>>
>>332904113
>traditionally
FO and TESO never sold well on PC. ego cares where it originated? Hell, FO did so badly they rewrote exactly what a FO is
>>
>>332903726
Yeah, the city itself was epic. But once you warp higher and higher and went on to scale the horizons, only then the reality came crashing. It looks bland and empty.
>>
>>332904113
>those are traditionally PC franchises
Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, and 4 were all massive casual dumbed down console shit compared to when their series were PC exclusive. It was the consoles that made those games popular, and PC sales scaled with the popularity just fine. There's no reason to delay the game, sell it at a discount, and sell it when the hype is dead. It's complete retardation.
>>
>>332904221
>ask for source because the conjecture and BSing around this game is immense
>hurr watch 40 hours of some guy talking

Shut up
>>
>>332904471
Well, consoles have shit LOD and it could also be the case that the demo has low poly models for areas you're not supposed to enter
Otherwise the demo woulddouble or triple in size
>>
>>332904452
>PC owners who actually but full priced games is tiny
Retard, please. If the PC market is so small Steam wouldn't be as big as it is today.
>>
>>332904213
He didnt say anything about pirates. What he means is that, pc babies are more than likely to not buy a game at full price. they have been conditioned by that fat faggot newell to only buy a game when it has a big 50%, 80% off sticker on it.

In the end its a long term vs short term game. In the short term, console sales will be huge for a month or 2, with thousands of copies sold at 60. After that, more copies start popping up in used bins or get a price cut and sales dry up. For PC the cycle is more like , console game announced for pc > shills and faggots pretend its the greatest game ever (vc, mgr, ff13) > ok launch sales from said shills and anyone else they managed to rope in > sales drop hugely > game sells nothing until a summer or winter sale
>>
I am here.
>>
>>332904530
It makes perfect sense. Why delay the game for the platforms it will sell on just to get the game ready for the platform it won't sell on?
>>
File: 1440640170992.jpg (28 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1440640170992.jpg
28 KB, 400x300
>>332887859

>you can use cool combos
>when mashing the button is 100% more effective

Dominant strategy, man.
>>
>>332904213
But not all pc users have that high end pc that is required to run AAA games beautifully. It is the easiest market to enter. But saying that, it is still hard to estimate whether just how much of the pc users can run the game properly.
>>
>>332904778

>What he means is that, pc babies are more than likely to not buy a game at full price.
You mean PC gamers dont like being ripped off 60 bucks for a 2 hour cinematic experience? Color me shizzocked, yo.
>>
>>332904805
>platform it won't sell on
Because it only leads to loss of sales and revenue. Don't you know how to read? I've been saying it over and over.
>delayed
>sold at a discount
>sold at a time when the hype is already gone
No shit it's not going to make as much money. But what would make more money is
>sold at release date
>sold at full price
>sold when the hype is fresh
>>
File: MOV_20160401124046_TSV.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MOV_20160401124046_TSV.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>332890884
Because of this
>>
File: FFXV Stuntmen.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
FFXV Stuntmen.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>>
>>332901194
At-least somebody gets it. Haters love to hate. You guys can shit-post all day long but it's not gonna change the fact that this is the Final Fantasy that will surpass VII.
>>
>>332905403
Will the car get damaged when you hit another car in the actual game?
>>
They still didn't fix Noctis's English voice. He still sounds way too raspy.
>>
>>332905728
No, at least i highly doubt it. You'll probably just bounce off or they'll have an invisible aura around them
>>
>>332883353
git gud
>>
>>332905803
Anon, I'm not saying you're a pleb for even giving the English voices a go, but I'm sure thinking it loudly.
>>
>>332905174
Even games that release on PC at launch, such as your earlier examples Fallout and Skyrim, sold a fraction of what they did on consoles. And those are franchises with established PC fanbases. FF is a console franchise and 99% of the fanbase is on consoles.
>>
>>332905707
Several FFs have surpassed VII already. And a few that came before it were better as well.

>>332905901
Fuck off weeb.
>>
>>332883353
WAS IT WORTH IT PETE
>>
>>332905356
Jesus fucking christ. Is that for real?
>>
>>332905356
Get a new ps4. Seriously, I've never encountered that level of fps drops. I'm already playing the demo for like 5 times already.
>>
>>332905929
>sold a fraction of what they did on consoles
No they didn't you complete buffoon. They sold the same as each console, but when both consoles combined were compared to PC no shit it seemed to sell less.
>>
File: 69679709.png (161 KB, 350x227) Image search: [Google]
69679709.png
161 KB, 350x227
>>332902378

>a demo of the game that's supposed to sell me on the final product
>it shouldn't be indicative of the final product
>>
>>332906108
>weeb
It's about sticking to the original. I wouldn't play The Last of Us in Japanese. I wouldn't play FFXV in English. They're made for their original language, especially in mocap and flow of dialogue. Translations HAVE to have concessions.
>>
>>332905707
VII is just babbies first FF most people don't even remember shit past midgar except for Aeriths death
Overall 6 was way better or FFT
>>
>>332906181
It's slowed down
>>
>>332905929
Ant the point is it'll make even less if they delay it. Are you genuinely retarded?
>>
>>332906256
nobody is trying to sell you on the game this demo is just fanserivce and you're obviously not a fan.
>>
File: 1426088951655.png (269 KB, 538x538) Image search: [Google]
1426088951655.png
269 KB, 538x538
>>332906752

>this demo is just fanservice
>when fans at least want a stable framerate
>>
>>332905707
>have legitimate complaints
>you're just a hater

Shut up
>>
>>332906752
I'm a fan i've been following this game since the first trailer and i will buy it day1 and will love
But that doesn't mean that i will just suck it's dick all day and will just accept bad performance
>>
>>332906625
To release the PC version at the same time as the console version they'd have to delay the console version until the PC one is ready. Nobody fucking wants that, and it also would likely lead to lower sales of the version that SE actually gives a shit about. Are you genuinely retarded? Your market is an afterthought.
>>
File: 1459407398835.png (421 KB, 600x670) Image search: [Google]
1459407398835.png
421 KB, 600x670
I'm expecting MGS V levels of disappointment.
>>
>>332906752
>LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU

Anon, for fucks sake, take your medicine. The demo had huge problems, the combat is shit, the game has been down graded. You knew this was coming.
>>
>>332906365
I like XII's and FFTWotl's english voices though. It just fit with the setting
>>332906471
Wow, that sucked. But honestly I've never encountered that. The game just runs fine to me, only with occasional dips. It worsen when it's raining.
>>
>>332907059
At least it won't be MGS2 levels of disappointment then.
>>
>>332907168
It's running fine at that part, the video is slowed down to show iinput delay
>>
X was the last one I truly liked. The first XV demo showed promise, but the second one feels too much like Kingdom Hearts.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until I play the finished game.
>>
>>332906752
>nobody is trying to sell you on the game
>the demo literally asks you if you want to pre-order it at the end

Come on m8.
>>
>>332907181
But MGS2 is the best MGS
>>
>press L3 to run
>noctis runs like 5% quicker
Why
>>
File: 2ec.png (572 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572 KB, 600x580
Okay guess I'll do the honors.
>NEVAR
>EVAR
MFW PKEKS are so butthurt that they've deluded themselves into thinking they have a PS4 and are currently playing the demo. Don't worry guise you'll probably get the game in a few years ;^)
Meanwhile, you can STAND BY ME while I play this masterpiece.
>>
>>332907341
If it was your first MGS maybe.
>>
>>332907349
>is out of breath after a few seconds
>>
>>332907349
You can also run with O by the way. Just saying.
>>
>>332907368
Who are you talking to?
>>
>>332907529
you're mom
>>
>>332907248
Ah, I see, now I get the input delay complaints. But come on, on real time those were hardly noticed. Almost every game have input delay.
>>
>>332907368
/thread
The ones who've actually played the awesome Platinum Demo wouldn't come up with these imaginary 'issues' they seem to think that the beautiful game is having.
>MUH FPS
>MUH LAG
>MUH CAM
Me? I'm going back into the dreamscape to warp around and enjoy this technical marvel.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.