[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
stardew valley
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Elliot-Portrait.png (81 KB, 259x259) Image search: [Google]
Elliot-Portrait.png
81 KB, 259x259
how do I get good? I do not want to disappoint grandpa
>>
What do you mean? It couldn't be more self-explanatory. Farm, friend, fuck.
>>
>>332722112
right, but i feel like i'm not getting enough done each day or i can't get enough done. my chickens are grumpy, the mines have become too dangerous, and the crops are just there. fishing is fine but doesn't make as much as i'd like. i'm getting close to year two and feel behind
>>
>>332722451
If your chickens are grumpy, let them outside. If the mine is too dangerous, buy a better weapon or a ring or something. Plant more crops. Level up your fishing skill.
>>
>>332722451
1)Plant the correct crops. Make profit. This is your surest way.
2) Upgrade dem tools in winter
3) Waifu up
4) Pet your dog
5) If you are year 1 you can, conceivably finish the community center.
6) Make friends. NEVER forget a birthday, it's an easy 2 hearts.
7) Save your fish for gifts and making the best fertilizer, don't bother selling them.
8) Honestly, animals have a really low return on investment. Farming is by far the way to make dosh
>>
>>332721889
To add on to
>>332723016
Only ever upgrade your watering can if it'll rain the next day, or it''s winter.
>>
>>332722707
oh you have to let them out? welp. also is buying a weapon really worth it? 6000g seems a bit much. and I have been leveling up my fishing
>>
>>332723373
Occasionally you can find really good ones but that's pretty rare. May as well just buy one if it's better then what you have.
>>
>>332723016
2) is winter mine season?
3)abigail 100%
4)every day
5)lolnope too late. spring came and went
6)well shit
7)save fish for gifts? like pufferfish or all fish?
>>
>>332723592
Winter is mining/friendship/complete tasks/give a shit about animals season.

Save all fish, you never know. They jsut aren't cost-effective. You will get more money out of them by turning the fish into the best fertilizer (fish+sap)
>>
>>332723692
huh. but i should definitely sell legendaries, right? i already sold the pier one
>>
Level 10 fishing makes it so you can fish all day for a week and be set for life.
>>
>>332723921
No! Holy shit. You can put them on a stand. They are one-catch only....

Keep them, you'll never be strapped enough to need to sell them.
>>
>>332725235
>>332723921
I did same thing on accident.
There is a mod to recatch legendaries if you so choose.

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/storm-and-smapi-recatchlegendaryfish.110140/
>>
I didn't have any money for strawberry seeds the first festival because I didn't know they were festival only. Should I restart?
>>
File: killroom.jpg (119 KB, 791x517) Image search: [Google]
killroom.jpg
119 KB, 791x517
>>332721889
Dev made grampa's evaluation really easy, you'll only probably have problems if you just literally sleep through every season.

>>332723921
Might want to consider putting them on display instead.

>>332725725
Just buy a few so that you'd still be able to buy a lot of seeds at the start of next season, and then keep the produce to seedmaker, or if you think you've planned ahead enough to get a greenhouse by winter then plant them there instead and seedmaker some of the fruits for planting by spring year2.
>>
>>332726730
Your character a cute.
>>
I finished the community center and the game kinda just lost meaning
>>
>>332725235
so what's the benefit of saving the fish? just for show?
>>
>>332723016
>2) Upgrade dem tools in winter
Well, if you're "lucky" with multiple storms on summer you can upgrade your watering can pretty fast and safely. I'm already on early fall with a gold one.
>>
>>332726074
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wgpGDKF4duBeeSwmZxKLAnGU2BJsvoZ5K-CGzKKZTfU/edit#gid=307024187

Here's a list of the approximate ROI of all crops

I kept my first weapon until that one they just give you in the mines that's I think 30-45 damage, then bought the Lava Katana once I was rich.
>>
>>332728720

Holy shit, seriously? Meant to quote OP.

>>332721889

Also another good time to upgrade your watering can is on the 27th of the season, after watering your crops for the day. Just make sure the 27th isn't a festival because I think it is in one of the seasons.
>>
How do you know its going to rain the next day?

Also, anything I should always just sell, or should I hang onto pretty much everything?
>>
>>332729578
check the tv
>>
>>332729578
Foraging stuff and foods that aren't fruits are basically useless, except as gifts or to replenish your stamina, so you can sell those.

Fish are pretty much only useful for making fertilizer, so you can sell those if you have the cash to buy fertilizer. Clams and coral are also used in fertilizer.

You'll want to put one of every mineral in the museum until you reach at least sixty donations, but after that you can sell them off. Gems, which are distinct from minerals, can be used as gifts and in a few crafting recipes so watch out for that.

That's all that comes to mind
>>
>>332723373
Buying a weapon is worth it because you can't progress through the mines otherwise. Which in turn means you can't get the good ore/minerals and a steady supply of coal WHICH in turn means you can't upgrade your tools.

On specific floors you're gonna find weapons that are gonna help you out via chests, but occasionally you'll have to buy them to progress normally. You don't have to buy the top weapon, just buy the one that's a big upgrade to your current one and then wait till you get a weapon from a drop or chest.
>>
>>332727827
None whatsoever, it's just the autism that triggers some people in games and entails that they have to keep every unique item and stash it somewhere
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.