[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So... Does /v/ like Fallout 4 now that it's got the Survival
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
So... Does /v/ like Fallout 4 now that it's got the Survival mode?

This makes the game seriously hardcore. Beats even NV in terms of difficulty and actually changes the gameplay quite a lot.
>>
>>332449595
It's a nice addition, but I'd prefer that they add a role playing system.
>>
>>332450137
Fucking this. And legendary weapons with random effects that really don't make sense really takes me out of the game.
>>
>>332449595
I'll wait for mods
>>
>>332450137
But this mode makes the game literally all about role playing. You're not even bursting through the game anymore. It's about literal survival.

>>332450329
They're already there.
>>
>>332450767
Not enough of them because they won't release the geck.
And no matter what you're doing in the wasteland you can't stop yourself from being anything other than "the man out of time looking for your son".
>>
Its actually pretty hardcore, i like it.
>>
>>332449595
Pretty easy so far for my str/luck build. New vegas hardcore with mods was still better.
>>
and the rpg system when ?
>>
sure it's good but it disables mods
>>
>>332450958
I suggest you try the survival then.

It's not about finding your son anymore. It's about actually surviving and exploring.
>>
I keep seeing "Its good, but no mods" did it really sway people that much? I mean people tend to completely assault the game without mods, but the game plays well enough by just switching the gamemode and not having any mods available? Its that big of a difference?
>>
>>332451257
No it's still about finding your son, just harder

Anyway you can fuck off now Todd
>>
>>332451430
Survival radically changes the gameplay, anon.
>>
>>332451596
You have no idea. Fuck off.
>>
>>332451609
But the gameplay is pretty shit, thats just a new feature really. Im more interested in the "take more damage, deal more damage" thing, and if it makes the combat so youre not standing emptying entire mags into enemies to kill them and vice versa.
>>
>>332450767
Until I can have control over precisely what my character is it will not be a proper WRPG.
>>
>>332449595

Wait, is that out now?
>>
>>332451830
Is Witcher 3 an RPG?
>>
>>332451830
You clearly have no idea how to actually role play.

>>332451887
Yep. It's a beta but it's out.

>>332451790
There's far more to it than just a damage mod.
>>
>>332451975
>Yep. It's a beta but it's out.

Oh, I meant on consoles.

>inb4 Bethesda game on consoles

I have it on PC too for once mods are out, but I perfer the console version right now since I can't connect my PC to the TV that is in front of my comfy sofa.
>>
>>332449595
I was going to try, but it breaks mods. I don't have that many, just a body type and a few clothing ones, but eh. Don't really wanna start another character
>>
>>332451704
>>332451257
You have to eat, sleep, drink and walk everywhere and whatnot. It's not more roleplaying, the story remains the same.

There is nothing other than a total conversion mod that can change Fallout 4 because it's afundamentally bad RPG by Bethesda's design choices.
>>
>>332452101
>Can't connect my pc to the tv
Nigga what
What fucking videocard do you have that it doesn't have a hdmi connector?
>>
Do enemies follow the same rules yet or do they still have 10 rounds of eternal ammo and limitless molotovs/grenades to hurl at me constantly?
>>
>>332450958
>And no matter what you're doing in the wasteland you can't stop yourself from being anything other than "the vault dweller looking for a water chip"
>And no matter what you're doing in the wasteland you can't stop yourself from being anything other than "the chosen one looking for a Geck"
>The courier looking for a poker chip"
>The guy looking for his son

Holy crackers.
>>
>>332452345
Not him but the resolution and color of some TVs are completely fucked when showing PC content. Cant speak for his reasons of course, but its definitely a thing. Im actually on a TV right now, and the blacks are terrible, everything looks washed out because the TV isnt as good as a monitor.
>>
>>332451975
>There's far more to it than just a damage mod.

It's also "let's see how long this stimpack will take to heal you" mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nikxnLqya4s
>>
>>332452345

It does. I don't have a 20ft HDMI cable that can phase through solid matter though.
>>
>>332452673
My sister has a led tv and everything looks the same in gaming mode.
What kind of tv do you use? does it have gaming mode?
>>
Do you have to have sex too?
It's not realistic without that.
>>
>>332452702
It's better than the New Vegas hardcore mode, which you fags seem to love despite being total shit.
>>
>>332451896
>>332451975
I guess I should have been more specific, in Bethesda games I'm generally more used to having full control over my character, so I guess I should have said Bethesda rather than WRPG.
>>
File: rTFyo8P.jpg (222 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
rTFyo8P.jpg
222 KB, 1152x648
>>332449595
but will mods work with it?
>>
>>332453010
people on steam are saying they don't
>>
>start game
>play to Concord
>quest glitches, cannot progress
>cannot clear quest due to no console in survival
>don't want to go down to very hard because can't get back into survival

gotta restart the game because i can't issue a simple console command
>>
>>332453092
in to the trash.
>>
Is it a 'minor annoyances mode' like in 3/NV?
>>
>>332452702
That video is months old.
>>
>>332453010
On the beta forums Bethesda said they didn't disable mods but that it changes the game so much that most, if not all of them are incompatible right now.

Would be a 2 minute fix if the fucking GECK was out...
>>
>>332453157
>no console in survivor

that is genius actually. I generally only ever use tcl to save 5-10 seconds or if i dont feel like going up a ramp but JUST having the option to bring up console makes me start to make more little justification to use it

games still shit tho. oh yeah full mark 6 power armor and a single bug bite kills me
>>
>>332453319
Yes
>>
>>332449595
Making a game hard doesn't make the writing, gameplay, poor world design and terrible voice acting any better.
>>
Mod that allows me to rape Shawn while he is too sick to do anything about it when?
>>
>>332452572
Autism.
>>
>>332450958
>And no matter what you're doing in the wasteland you can't stop yourself from being anything other than "the man out of time looking for your son"

yeah thats called a storyline
>>
>>332450767
>But this mode makes the game literally all about role playing.
So it removes the MC's dialogue, removes all references to his missing son and dead wife, removed the entire beginning where you're with your wife and child, etc...?
>>
>>332452572
Except unlike in 1,2, NV, and even 3, you have a backstory in 4.
An extensive one, too as male OR female.
1,2,3, and NV leave almost everything blank except major details about "What you're doing, what you're going to do, etc." but nothing about your life beforehand, except in 3 with a few short scenes whilst growing up.
In 4, you're a cut and paste war vet/lawyer or some shit male/female and the dialogue you're forced into locks you into a specific character.
In all the others, you have a dozen ways to talk in just about any conversation.
>>
The trouble with always playing the same guy is that ALL of the details of your life are filled in, you don't get to imagine anything about your characterization at all because the game does it all for you.
>>
>>332451257
Come on Jake, I thought you uninstalled this game already.
>>
https://community.bethesda.net/thread/3051

Looks like it needs a lot of work.
>>
>>332454058
You had a backstory in all of them. You had more of a backstory in 4 and 2 and 3. You had less of a backstory in NV, and even less in 1. But you had a backstory in ALL of them.

>1,2,3, and NV
>but nothing about your life beforehand
HAHAHAHA. Fuck you play the games. F3 literally starts at your birth. F2 gives you a detailed upbringing, a tribe and a family, and even F1, while the most open of all of them, still locks you into being a Vaultborn Dweller out in the wastes for the first time.
>>
File: 1354961315180.png (256 KB, 362x279) Image search: [Google]
1354961315180.png
256 KB, 362x279
>you can only save while sleeping

Oh boy I sure love sleeping every 5 minutes to prevent a bug or enemy to fuck me over
>>
>>332454234
>Would seem bugs should be easier to kill
Uh, no? You can step on an ant and it'll keep moving and these things are fucking radioactive. It makes perfect sense that a bullet or two wouldn't stop them.
>>
>>332454234
disappointing to hear

of course, its bethesda. we should expect nothing more than functional
>>
>>332454514
The logical thing would be to add craftable sleeping bags but apparently they didn't think of that.
>>
Fallout 4 has NO QUESTS

PS3 NO GAMES

In all seriousness the mindless shooting gets old, you can't ever hold a conversation with anyone and theres no towns. No amount of modding will ever make the game worth re-downloading and only vast amounts of DLC with actual quest related content and no radiant quests will fix it.
>>
>>332454401
>3 starts at your birth
And then time skips a LOT.
It doesn't mention anything about you being good, bad, doing this or that, you just lived in the vault and then you leave.
>2 same deal, basically
>1
And yet all it does is lock you into "you came from the Vault." that's it. It tells you nothing of how you acted, what you did, what happened to you, etc.
Play the games and have some fun, fag.
>>
>>332454659
Underrail > F4
>>
So it became a easier S.T.A.L.K.E.R?
>>
>>332454659
>ou can't ever hold a conversation with anyone
wow this is IT

its the one thing i hadnt noticed

the game is so mediocre in so many respects that you just reminded me one of the main reasons

WHERES THE FUCKING CONVERSATIONS? If you want to have you, you savestate and try different options to see what they say and its fucking brutal.

oh bonus points for the fucking vaults being boring even tho they were easily the better parts of 3 and NV and the really sparse terminal entries and shit
>>
File: 1450735062545.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1450735062545.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>>332454514
>travel all the way to the cave with the mutant guy at the glowing sea
>on the way back the game decides to crash/some random legendary radscorpion decides to one shot me

It's going to happen, I know it
>>
>>332454787
Nope, it became a tedious FPS where you gotta chug water like a fucking hydro-electric plant and can die in 1 hit from basically anything early on and nothing late-game.
>>
>>332454931
Do you have to tend to your weapons? For instance swimming with them or going in too much mud makes them jam?

Does F4 have Q and E buttons for leaning so that rangeday fights could be better?
>>
>>332454626
>Implying that's not DLC bait
"Big camping Expansion coming soon."
>Features tents, bedrolls, fires, etc.
>Press X to tame this wild beast to fight by your side!
>Make some bows and pop heads with some new craft-able arrows!
>>
>>332454931
>You gotta chug vodka like a pneumatic squat machine and can die in one hit from basically anything early on and nothing late-game
Sounds like STALKER lite to me m8.
>>
>>332455116
No to the first, yes to the 2nd
>>
>>332454659
>No amount of modding will ever make the game worth re-downloading

>only vast amounts of DLC with actual quest related content and no radiant quests will fix it.

That doesn't make sense. The best mods are usually quest mods.
>>
>>332450767
No role playing is not the same as simulation. If they wanted it to be more RP-ish they'd bring back skills, reputation, karma, and ditch the shitty hamfisted backstory.
>>
>>332455206
You do realize they didn't call Automatron an expansion because it isn't one right?
And that they've been adding content in updates.
>>
>>332454401
Not the person you're replying to but the problem for me is that you don't have as much control of your character in 4 as you have in previous games. There's too much established about you and you are not "one of the people living in X"
In 1 you're a generic vault dweller who got pushed into saving the vault
In 2 you're a descendant of the vault dweller and you're pushed into saving your village
In 3 your character is a little bit more fleshed out I agree, if 3 was made today it would probably look a lot like 4.
In NV you're one of the couriers hired to deliver an item and it's pretty much the blankest of all slates in fallout(but then the DLC came and that's another story)
Anyway, while playing the previous games I could pretend to be pretty much anyone but in 4 it feels like you're looking at your character from aside because Nate/Nora is too fleshed out already. It's not a generic guy/gal #4
>>
>>332445621
>>332442810 (You)
>and you end up running at most enemies (who don't run at you)
Literally stand behind a wall, jesus christ.
wrong, faggot. They don't just decide to come around to their death to you, they hide out too. The AI is smarter than that.
So, what? You'd rather sit the rest of your life behind a wall, waiting for a computer to come to certain death (which it will never do) than run at them and kill them in a few seconds?
>>
No, fallout 4 is not an RPG. I do not want to play it. It wasn't even worth the space on my hard-drive after I pirated it.
>>
>>332454884
That's what really hammers home the single character aspect, there's zero roleplaying in any of your interactions beyond haggling for money or refusing payment.
>>
I really wanna replay F4 but ive literally done every quest.
>>
>>332455403
Yes, I'm aware. I'm still not impressed, cause "We made the Season Pass cost almost as much as the main game, there's THAT MUCH CONTENT!"
>"But you can still buy it until the first of the month for the current price! Good deal~"
>>
>>332449595
>NV in terms of difficulty

NV was never difficult, no one ever said it was a good game for its "diffuclty" even modded with JSawyer and that other big mod it was the same gameplay as FO3. Tell us when its an actual RPG with nonboring dialogue choices, multibranching questlines and interesting sidequests and stories.

fuck it time to reinstall fonv. gay part will be figuring out the ocean of mods i want.
>>
Did they nerf agility? Agility is really what makes the game easy mode. Even if I'm on the hardest difficulty, if I can run around like a ghost and be undetected it becomes easy mode.
>>
>>332455539
But you have no way of knowing whether you should be impressed or not until all the content for the season comes out anon.
I personally assumed they raised the price because compared to New Vegas' DLC the smaller DLCs for this game like Automatron are huge compared to the smaller DLCs for NV like the Gunrunners or Courier's Stash.
>>
no achievement/trophy for beating in survival mode = no point in it at all
>>
>But you have no way of knowing whether you should be impressed or not until all the content for the season comes out anon.

And that's why season passes are bad and anyone who has ever bought one should drink bleach to remove themselves from the gene pool
>>
>>332455732
Yes, I do agree I reserve judgement, but the fact they had to raise the price at all instead of projecting it at that price initially feels like a marketing scheme.
>>
>>332449595
now it will be too hard for obsidibabbies. you just wait for their threads, wah wah fallout 4 is shit wah i cant beat it on survival, le artificial diffculty wah! muh jay sawyer mod wahhh
>>
>>332451596
This.
>>
I don't think it's a good idea to disable fast travel without introducing alternatives to get around the wasteland because let's face it: It's fucking retarded to expect anyone to waste so much time just walking from one end of the map to the other just to defend a camp or finish a mission.
>>
>>332449595
The story is still shit. The dialogues are still shit. Legendary items are still shit. Fallout 4 is still shit.
>>
>>332456335
Vertibirds, do the BoS quests to get it.
>>
>>332456335
>>332456470
Or the Institute, fucking teleporting.
>>
>>332456335
That or the quests need to start reflecting a reasonable distance between a settlement or individual and where they want you to go. The Brotherhood's operational range is effectively the entire Commonwealth so they can send you anywhere.

Meanwhile, I'm supposed to believe a raider gang out of Quincy Quarry or wherever went all the way to Tenpines Bluff just to kidnap one guy or that two other places on the other side of the map to each other could have anything to do with each other, let alone be considered "right next door" to one another.
>>
Whats the best build for survival mode?
>>
>>332452702
>Salutations, my Fallout Lovers

Closed.
>>
>>332457994
This new survival mode I don't know, but the original one, literally any build. I did a melee only and it wasn't too bad
>>
>>332457994
Just mash your fists on the keyboard whenever the levelling screen pops up. You couldn't do bad at this game even if you tried.
>>
>>332457994
playing another game with better thought out gameplay mechanics
>>
>>332452845
>disables fast travel
>only save on sleep
no its not you faggot
>>
I feel bad for Bethesda fans who desperately defend Fallout 4, willfully misconstruing the positive and negative qualities and criticisms of other entries into perverse arguments in its favor, only to ignore how fundamentally fucking terrible it is as an RPG. It's worse than polishing a piece of shit and attempting to pretend it isn't one; it's polishing it and putting it on display with the full knowledge that it's s piece of shit, hoping that someone isn't going to state the obvious.
>>
>>332457994
Max out Life Giver, Lead Belly, VANS and Cap Collector ASAP.
>>
File: 1456200259794.jpg (36 KB, 500x469) Image search: [Google]
1456200259794.jpg
36 KB, 500x469
did anybody try out if it saves after going in the options?
>>
>So... Does /v/ like Fallout 4 now that it's got the Survival mode?

Call me when somebody mods it into an RPG and adds some content.

I've never seen a game so full of stuff yet so empty. Even the settlement building, which is perfectly aimed at my autism for post-apocalyptic settlement buildingfalls flat because of how half-assed it is.

I suspect that in 3-4 years it'll be a different enough game to be worth playing.
>>
>>332456092
have a (you) and fuck off
>>
>>332450767
>But this mode makes the game literally all about role playing
You don´t know what literal roleplaying is then.
Hint: it is not dungeoncrawling on the surface.
>>
>>332451896
Nope
>>
>>332456453
>Legendary items are still shit
There is so much legendary stuff in the game, yet not a single legend attached to any of it.
A legendary deathclaw should not be named [Legendary Deathclaw] but [Skyscraperfucker the ruination of everything that moves], and people should tell me about the skyscraper that he raped and that fell on their village.
Even fucking diablo 2 had more embellishment than this shit game.
>>
Fallout 4 is a shit game , and nothing will save it unless they fucking release the geck and the modders actually make it a worthy and pretty game.
even then after releasing the geck you gon have to wait some years senpai.
I can´t believe people bought this half assed piece of shit game , thank goodness the game died out before the end of the year it was released.
>>
>>332454787
Comparing any fallout to stalker?
Like you never played either with mods.
Stalker is like a twitch fps fallout is a shitty rpg
>>
Friendly reminder that there's no mods because this is a beta patch and Bethesda wants to make sure that the bugs you find are related to their game and not that shitty mod you downloaded from Dimitri's nexus profile.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.