[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What RPG has the best skill tree?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: DDS2MantraGrid.jpg (387 KB, 1696x1463) Image search: [Google]
DDS2MantraGrid.jpg
387 KB, 1696x1463
What RPG has the best skill tree?
>>
>>330543489
FFX expert grid. The standard grid is shit though
>>
>>330543613
what's the difference between both?
>>
>>330543696
Standard was a lot less flexible. With expert you can make Tidus a full-on mage or make Rikku a white mage or make Auron your thief. Also more stat nodes
>>
>>330544145
Standard actually has more nodes, so if you're maxing as much as possible it's superior in the end.
>>
>>330543489
You already posted it. There are a lot of games that have more customization but they're often the ones that end up complete ass because they didn't try to balance it, while Megaten games usually don't let players have tools that annihilate the game without going through insane amounts of optional content.
>>
File: 1435483366793.jpg (961 KB, 3756x2704) Image search: [Google]
1435483366793.jpg
961 KB, 3756x2704
>>330544250
Seriously? I thought Expert had more. Although I think having a more flexible party is better than having a couple of more points into stats.
>>
>>330544362
DDS1/2 is kinda ridiculous, you get all these OP skills from the optional bosses, but there's nothing to use it on
>>
>>330544371
I prefer to think of endgame, since that's where i spend most of my time. And endgame means all characters cover the whole grid with all max nodes, so i prefer the extra few spaces.
>>
>>330544371
>thought

you can actually see it for yourself and not just assume stupid shit

standard is the better one and you can unlock all grid nodes anyway, flexibility is just dumb shit for casuals who don't like to grind because they're weak little babbies
>>
>>330544529
Makes sense, yeah.

>>330544573
I played FFX a ton of years ago and I only went for Expert on the HD remake and always thought that Expert had slightly more. Sorry if I fucking can't remember and count all the nodes.
And stop pretending you have to plan out FFX like if it's hard.
>>
>>330544529
>>330544573
Wait people actually like the post-game? More nodes mean nothing because grinding the grid out is about as fun as stabbing yourself in the crotch. Using standard grid you will never see the best skills before finishing, but with expert grid you can get holy around Gagazet.
>>
>>330544508
The only one that's relevant in normal play is King Frost's because he's not completely out of the way and he's not a complete ballbuster either.
>>
>>330544859
Iirc on my last run through with standard, i started maxing out all the default routes during bevelle.
>>
>>330545304
Why do you grind in game that is already easy?
>>
>>330545367
I like watching the numbers get bigger.
>>
>>330543489
What order should the optional superbosses be beat in DDS2?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.