[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grim Dawn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: 1385991672625.jpg (456 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1385991672625.jpg
456 KB, 1920x1080
How is it
>>
It's alright. The setting/world art design and loot are great but the combat is pretty bad imo.
>>
It's ok. Combat is pretty fun but I could care less about the story/setting.
>>
Use this thread >>329450579
>>
>>329473404
>>329473723
everytime
>>
Im more excited for the Titan Quest update
>>
>>329473776

you niggers need to mention the game's name in the op

thread's dead, let's keep it going. how viable is a ranged build?
>>
>>329474001
What Titan quest update? To grim dawn?
>>
I started playing on normal difficulty with a warrior (or soldier or whatever it's called) / shaman (or whatever it's called). About 4-5 hours I found it was way too easy, so I'm thinking about starting over on the higher difficulty settings and I'd like to try out a ranged build. Any recommendations?
>>
>>329474149
How is putting the name of the game in the OP image not mentioning it in the OP
>>
>>329474149
It's completely viable. Just tell what kind of ranged build you want and i'll give you a general idea on how to do it.
>>
>>329474437
You don't have to restart to play in Veteran, you can swap between Normal and Vet whenever you want.
>>
>>329472302
Take a look at the reviews.
/v/ will shit on it either way.
>>
>>329474806
Not him, but here is what my build is going to be for a dual pistol build, looking for advice on devotions
http://grimcalc.com/build/PJVcLh
>>
>>329475081
Would rather use Stun Jacks for the cc to be honest.
Also why pick up blast shield, when playing a range build? You dont want to get hit in the first place.
I dont know if there is a lot in terms of boosting Chaos damage in the devotion tree to be honest with you.
>>
File: 1409873090587.jpg (28 KB, 460x662) Image search: [Google]
1409873090587.jpg
28 KB, 460x662
>>329474363
Titan quest multiplayer is going to work again on steam.

Anyway they said they increased the legendary drop rate in elite but all I find is empowered epics and I'm level 70 already for fuck sake.

I have no nemesis status with any faction either so I can't farm those.
>>
>>329475932
Your doing something wrong, I've found 5 so far and I'm level 68.
None usefull to my build tho...
>>
>>329475081
Alright, I came up with something like this.
http://grimcalc.com/build/RvJrbi

Chaos damage isn't your main damage type which is Fire (and now Lightning as well) so waste points getting Possession and instead invest in maxing your Fire Strike line.

As for devotions, here are a few you should look for: Hawk, Hydra, Viper
Rest is up to you, I started working on the devotions but I can't stand the Grimcalc UI so see for yourself what I did but it's not complete.
>>
>>329476138
Don't get me wrong I found some with this character, but exclusively from BoC runs on veteran.
>>
File: 1454964111598.jpg (5 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1454964111598.jpg
5 KB, 184x184
>>329475932
>bullshit, after all these years...
ITS TRUE
>>
>>329476531
Having played GD I feel I should give TQ a go too.
>>
>>329476168
Not that guy, but is there any build utilizing chaos damage a lot?
Just asking because I just found that 2 handed legendary that boosts Chaos damage by an insane amount (250% or smth like that)
>>
>>329474472
Because most people just type grim dawn into the filter
>>
>>329475932
got a source for that TQ info mate?
>>
>>329476905
A Conjurer probably but I'm not sure how I'd build that, I never really tried Shaman other than ranged.

Also found a weird weapon, I have absolutely no idea how you would build around it.
>>
>>329476905
Warlocks for sure, never tried it myself though.
http://grimcalc.com/build/bEN2Il
>>
>>329477446
>poisonus witchblade
>have sunk points into mehnir and shield training
>find that weapon
>it's basically useless to me
Fuck.
>>
What's the name of the track that plays during the warden fight?
Also, what's your favorite track?
>>
>>329477446
Well looks like a Nightblade/Soldier mix to me.
>>329477735
This happens a lot tho. Legendaries are kinda very specific in what build they benefit. Thats why making a build around one item legit.
>>
is there anything like mephisto runs in this?
>>
Snoozefest
Honestly had more fun with Van Helsing, and that wasn't very good
>>
>>329479517
Yeah kinda. There are Dungeons that you have to craft a key for to enter.
Once entered there are only 2 options to get out, you either die or you make it through all the bosses.
>>
I've got three characters I've dedicated myself to playing. Each with two different skill trees. (So all 6 are spread among each char)
Combat could be better, feels very static at times. But I don't find it bad per se. I kinda like how dated it feels. But that's just nostalgia talking.

Would be nice if there was more mobility. I hope for the day where you can move an attack at the same time in an ARPG. Especially for melee fighting, where footwork is everything.
>>
>>329480712
I can't for the life of me get into Van Helsing, even though I love ARPGs and the setting/weird science is cool to me.
Though I haven't gotten very far in the first or second game (don't have the third).
>>
>turn on post-processing
>games is too bloomy and too saturated

>turn off post-processing
>game is too dull and desaturated
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.