[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game good? I need something to keep me occupied till
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 7
File: gd.jpg (158 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
gd.jpg
158 KB, 460x215
Is this game good? I need something to keep me occupied till DaS3 comes out.
>>
Yes it's pretty good.
Was about to make a thread since the /vg/ general keeps dying.
>>
Best Diablo clone out there if those are your things.
>>
It is fun, I cant wait for infinite dungeons
>>
Man I wish they would update the gameplay trailer on their steam page, it's old and running at 30 fps or something, even says 5 classes when there are 6.
>>
>>329450579
wait for a sale, then buy. it's a damn fine game, but it has technical issues that could kill it for you, depending on your disposition
>>
File: poison.webm (3 MB, 626x352) Image search: [Google]
poison.webm
3 MB, 626x352
BE super extra careful against enemies that spit these balls of acid/poison, I lost a HC char a week ago to one of these, they're literal concentrated orbs of rape that are way overtuned in my opinion.
I wouldn't be surprised if they one shot you in melee if you eat all 3 at point blank.
>>
File: 2016-03-02_00001.jpg (583 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-02_00001.jpg
583 KB, 1920x1080
>>329450579
350 hours in it and the game is still super fun. A lot a of little secrets, combat are great and feel tense when playing hardcore, build variety is pretty big. I cannot wait for mod support and more maps.

Also can someone help choose a shield between those two ? I'm a pistol and board commando and I haven't loot empowered oathbreaker yet.
>>
So Primal Bond or Stormcaller's Pact for 2h primal strike build? Since I'm playing hc I'm leaning towards Primal Bond, but SP seems so tempting
>>
>>329454453
SP is better even in hc.
>>
>>329454534
Except if you play pet build.
>>
>>329454332
Definitely Oathbreaker, you already capped your Lightning res anyway and it gives Physique as well as Physical Resist and boost Vindictive Flame which is a goat skill.
>>
Are you guys shilling or something?

I didn't think it was that great, the town was really boring and there are trash mobs everywhere. The atmosphere seems spooky sometimes, like something is gonna jump out at you but it's always just trash mobs.

I felt like the weapons weren't very unique and I don't think they were always parallel to the weapons that you used with a few exceptions like the pistol. Overall I just wasn't happy with the graphical style, I thought the gameplay was kind of boring, the armor didn't look very appealing and the animations are weightless.
You can see in the webm >>329454228 that he stops to shoot an arrow, he doesn't have that many abilities either. He's dodging small poison balls and that will go on for about half an hour to 45 minutes until you reach a boss which is usually a special mob, nothing special other than attributes. The webm shows "Enemy Hero Killed." The mobs are sluggish and combat wasn't that appealing. On the upside there's room for customization but it takes a while to get to the next bracket of spells, not to mention being able to dual spec. Anyone care to convince me otherwise I might just give it another go.

I thought Torchlight 2 did a better job at it
>>
>>329454861
It's all mostly true but there's something very addictive about it. How far did you go?
>>
http://grimcalc.com/build/j463vM

This is basically the build I'm trying to get at right now, char level 67.
I'm using dual pistols and focus heavily on lightning damage.

Does anyone know special items I should be on the lookout for? I cant seem to find a blue or purp one handed pistol that benefits my build, besides Orwell's Revolver (which I do not have an empowered version of).
What else do you think about the build?
>>
>>329454861
This, mostly i just feel the game to be slow and dull. Armor all looks like random trash and scraps, skills are meh, enviroment is dull and graphically it's meh to me too.
>>
what atributes should I be spending on a dual pistol fire strike build, all into cunning and some physique or is spirit important
>>
>>329454861
I have 250 hours played now, so for me its safe to say that I'm not shilling.
The art assets got improved a lot since the early days which you might remember from your play.
The items are the most interesting part, because they can give you abilities that are worth building an entire build for that one specific weapon, so there is a shitton of build-variety.
The stop to shoot and attack is the only thing that I think is kinda off-putting. Its due to the engine they use back from the Titan Quest days and I can understand if it feels clunky to you.
I got used to it and it doesnt bother me anymore now.
>>
>>329456168

Uh I really don't remember but I remember repairing the bridge and finding some blacksmith by a camp fire. So pass that I guess
>>
>>329450579
Don't listen to the anons saying it's good, it's the most bland trash I've ever played
>>
>>329454228
>a webm that shows how to play ranged properly at last
Thank you
>>
>>329456332
With all into cunning you wont be able to wear any armor.
Depending on your second class, you have to either get some spirit or physique. Kinda depends on what damage type you want to use mainly (fire, chaos, lightning)
>>
>>329456461
it's not bland trash but it's not a great game. the music is pretty good and so is the atmosphere, the combat just seems clunky because as anon said before, the Titan quest engine

>>329456438
>>250 hours

Thats kind of autistic but you know better than me then.
I uninstalled it way before I reached that level
>>
File: 1447371265909.jpg (21 KB, 148x255) Image search: [Google]
1447371265909.jpg
21 KB, 148x255
>>329456637
>250 hours
>kind of autistic
Dude you need to get the fuck off /v/.
>>
>>329456740
mmm

mhmm

mhmm..
mm...
nah
>>
>>329456450
That's like 1-2 hours.

All ARPGs (and RPGs too actually) start slow. Itemization gets better over time, some weapons can be a backbone of specific builds and have special unique abilities.
>>
>>329456637
the music and atmosphere is uninspired as fuck, everything just looks like ugly trash from some generic fantasy setting, the quests suck ass, you run around killing packs of trash monsters that all feel like the same thing with different skins, the skills are just stupid and convoluted
>>
>>329454861
I'm not sure if you like this genre to be honest.
Killing trash mobs until you come across a boss is a good description of most diablo clones.
Also you can try playing it on Veteran, that increases the enemy hero spawns and if you kill a specific type of enemy often enough they spawn more hero mobs aswell, but I don't think you're ever going to like this game.
>>
>>329456218
You're going to lack damage hard, I'd suggest taking Iskandra Elemental Exchange and Overload, Inner Focus, max Vindictive Flame because +15% Total speed is amazing for dual pistols and general running around at range.
Drop nullification to one point, no point having more.
Drop Ulzuin's Wrath to one point for the cool lightning effects, but since you're at range you shouldn't focus on retaliation skills unless they give something else (ie: Vindictive Flame)

I think you're spreading out too much.
>>
>>329456637
TQ is one of the few ARPGs without clunky combat, and probably the only game of this type I know where monsters react to the amount of damage you do, like if you kill a monster with a big crit it can fly offscreen or get launched 10 feet into the air. I still can't believe you would say TQ combat feels clunky while praising incredibly stiff games like TL2.
>>
>>329456332
Depends on the damage type you want to use.

Physique benefits physical, gives more health and lets you wear heavy armor. It's generally good to spend a few points there just for the armor requirements.

Cunning benefits pierce/bleeding/trauma and offenisve ability that determines the chance to hit/crit, and is required to use ranged weapons.

Good overall since OA is important no matter what damage type you use and you need to meet the requirements.

Spirit boosts elemental damage and energy regen. If you want to focus on fire/lighting etc. it's good to spend points in there as well.
>>
So I just lost my dual pistol wielding Fire Striking Demo to carelessness.
Any suggestiong for a new fun build to play? Already have a summoner and sword 'n board character going on right now.
>>
>>329454861
It's a good ARPG if you want something lite that's pick-up-and-play. PoE is still the master, but it's not for everyone, especially people who don't want something so grindy and slow paced.
>>
>>329457020
I'm doing a pierce/offensive ability/crit damage rifle Commando right now.

It's sub-optimal as fuck since pierce is a very poor choice for ranged auto attack builds, but it's fun to be a sniper and there is a few sets that benefit pierce/crit rifle builds (Sharpshooter/Valdun sets, The Eye rifle)
>>
>>329456964
i disagree, playing engineer or beserker on TL2 was a very smooth experience for me

however playing GD i found myself stopping to cast every spell including aoe, shoot every pistol, swing every 2h or 1h/shield. Very slow, clunky and not interesting.
>>
>>329456590
Going for Demo/ Arcanist so most dmg will be fire/lighting
>>
>>329457214
2:1:1 spirit/cunning/physique would be a good choice then.
>>
Something needs to be done for the ARPG genre. The problem is that if you are using any kind of ability that isn't AoE and doesn't kill everything with 1-2 hits, it becomes shit and boring.
>>
>>329450579
Modded TQ is better imho2bchwyf. And it got multiplayer again now
>>
>>329457214
Enough Physique to wear the heaviest armors.
Enough cunning to wield guns (should be no more than 450 at max level)
If you're playing softcore, drop the rest into Spirit, if HC, drop it all into Physique.

I'd suggest going 1:1:1 until you have around 20 points in cunning then 1:0:2.
>>
>>329456949
Thanks dude, took a look at it and makes sense.
I'm not quite sure about the Inner Focus tho, is it that strong in terms of dmg?
>>
>>329458028
Not that Anon but it's a hefty bonus to OA.

And you can never have too much OA.
>>
>>329458231
Can you also tell me how exactly Vindictive Flame works?
From the text it seems to me like something that activates when I'm getting hit, which of course sucks for a ranged character.
Are the bonuses to attack speed and health regen all the time active, or just after being hit?
>>
>>329458615
The bonuses are always active, it's the retaliation damage that procs on being hit.

Speed bonus alone is worth it though.
>>
>>329450579
poor mans diablo 3 to be honest
>>
File: 1450285896490.png (342 KB, 386x448) Image search: [Google]
1450285896490.png
342 KB, 386x448
>>329459670
Everyone knows that D3 is shit. Thats why your bait is shit.
>>
>>329459670
you're right, it is cheaper than diablo 3

way better too
>>
>>329457190
Since the character I just lost was a ranged weapon user I want to play something entirely different.
Preferably something really active.
>>
>>329460770
Occultist/demo should do the trick. Loads of AoE, DoT and explosions everywhere. Not really tanky though.
>>
Just finished the game in veteran and I'm having a hard time believing that this was a 20€ game. I mean, I paid the same amount for Superhot and double that for the Witness yet they're both so small compared to this.

What should I do before moving on to the next difficulty?
>>
>>329461320
How good are the Demo bombs anyway? I've never tried any and they look cool. Might go Demo with Arcanist for the defensives/spirit/leech.
>>
>>329462275
I haven't gotten that far yet, but the next difficulty level is going to lower your resists by 25% so look into maxing those.
>>
>>329457073
PoE was way too dull for me to recommend to anyone, even after beating it twice
>>
>>329462605
Mind if I ask what your idea of beating PoE is?
>>
>>329462326
>How good are the Demo bombs anyway?
You mean the canister bomb?

It's only the best combination of CC and clearing potential in the game. It usually kills a whole trash mob group over a large radius right away and those who survived are stunned for 3-5 seconds.
>>
Super fun game, works just fine with a controller too for the most part, although it does limit you to 6 abilities bound to a 360 controller
>>
>>329457316
>>329457709
Thanks
>>
>>329462605
>beating it twice

you reached level 100 twice?
>>
>>329462804
I meant all of them. Canister, Grenado, Mortars.
Since all of them have cooldowns it seems like a decent idea to go for at least two, but that might be too skillpoint heavy.
>>
>>329462997
Canister you already know, it's the single most useful skill demo has and it is worth it to be a Demo just for that.

Grenado can be made into a decent single target damage skill, but cooldown means you will be running around waiting a lot.

Mortar is shit even after buffs, not worth it.
>>
>>329462997
https://youtu.be/SfRsSntfKtY?t=125
>>
>>329462810
can you play it with a controller from the get-go or do you use xpadder (-equivalent)
>>
>>329463206
>Mortar is shit even after buffs, not worth it.
That's a damn shame, was thinking about going that. How is Thermite Mine?

>>329463236
I don't know what the fuck is going on there, but I like it. Is he spamming Stun Jacks?
>>
>>329463589
>How is Thermite Mine?
Slightly better but also underwhelming.
>>
>>329462997
Grenado is mostly singletarget, tiny AoE, and really strong, mainly physical with some fire with the modifier, the lightning modifier is dogshit.
Canister bomb is great AoE fire damage on a large cooldown or a great stun with the modifier.
Mortar is shit.

If you are a physical build you can grab grenado for some burst and 1 point canister with the modifier for stun.
If you are elemental grab grenado and cannister for damage and use stun jacks or fire strike with a ranged weapon as filler.
Also flashbang is great.

If you want to be main grenadier then focus on getting cooldown reduction, fire/elemental damage bonuses and get some physical to fire conversion modifiers so your grenado benefits more from elemental/fire damage.
Arcanist as second mastery for more surviveability. Grab sphere of protection, elemental exchange, mirror and inner focus.
>>
>>329463589
>Is he spamming Stun Jacks?
As his default attack, yes, but also grenado, cannister and flashbang.
With Ulzuin's Chosen, you have 25% chance for Grenado/Cannister to have no cooldown after being used.
>>
It's TQ 2.0, with the same problems and pros. Stiff, quite boring combat and a great character building system. I personally got bored really fast. It feels like I'm playing just to get those points to put into the skilltrees and not because what I'm doing beetween levels is actually fun. Terrible as it was, D3's combat was lightyears ahead in terms of enjoyment, pacing, animations and effects and just plain oomph.
>>
>>329464128
>Canister bomb is great AoE fire damage on a large cooldown or a great stun with the modifier.
It deal pretty much as much pierce as it does fire so it's good on both spirit/cunning builds.

And it still hits hard even with a stun modfier, there is no reason not to get it.
>>
>>329464128
Alright so I'm gonna go Canister with Grenado for single-target and stun jacks for spamming inbetween and the idea was going Arc for defenses anyway so that's good.
What stats do I get? I've never gotten to lategame with this game so I never know what my character will be wearing and how much stats he's going to need for gear. Spirit as my dump stat seems to make sense since the vast majority of my damage is going to be fire.
>>
>>329463281
Support is built in to the game
>>
File: grim.jpg (40 KB, 296x170) Image search: [Google]
grim.jpg
40 KB, 296x170
improved since then? I honestly didn't like it all that much, something about the movement and how similiar everything looked. the music was good tho
>>
I'm playing as a melee Conjurer using a controller but I'm really looking forward to trying a non pet class so I can free up two buttons
>>
>>329450579
What I want to know is, what's the endgame like?
>>
>>329466238
You generally have enough +%damage from your gear and you can never have enough surviveability.
Not to mention that as arcanist you have access to inner focus so you will have more than enough Spirit and offensive ability which is the main reason to get cunning.

So basically enough spirit/cunning for gear and rest into physique.
Which is the go to distribution for 99% of the builds.
>>
>>329456768
a real fucking retard
>>
>>329467001
Endgame? This isn't some stupid MMO.
>>
>>329467134
>no endgame

Well then i'm out.
>>
>>329450579
it's excellent. only flaw is you can't have a seal as pet.
bought it and made a hardcore veteran trickster, not disappointed so far
>>
>>329467230
Play a MMO or PoE.
>>
>>329467001
its a fucking ARPG you mong.
>>
>>329467457
And? Even Diablo 3 has an endgame for gods sake.
>>
>>329467457
He isn't asking if there are raids at 60 you mongoloid. He's asking if there is something to do when you're done with the last boss at the highest difficulty level. Gearing to do uber bosses, mapping, shit like that.
>>
Does total speed from vindictive flame increase attack speed too?

Which devotions should I get for a dual wield pistols build demo/occultist
>>
>>329467790
Are you fire/chaos? Solael's Witchblade might be a nice start for the skill modifier.
>>
>>329467573
Diablo 3 is a fucking mmo.

>>329467734
Make a new character or build.
>>
>>329468005
I'm just going to go ahead and assume you're full of shit and that people either farm for upgrades at that point or that they farm gear for very gear heavy builds.
>>
>>329468181
No, people dont do that retarded ass shit. It's not a fucking MMO, stop thinking its an MMO.
>>
>>329466876
is it difficult to use a controller?
>>
>>329468328
So I guess you just magically get all of the legendaries you want for your character on the way to the last boss?
I'm pretty sure you're retarded and don't know what the fuck you're talking about and are also unaware that farming bosses for gear predates popular MMOs
>>
>>329468450
Right. Keep thinking of it as an MMO. Just nauseating grinding for no real purpose.

Just gotta get 6 / 6 on my item set. Instead of focusing on what the game does best. Variety of builds.
>>
>>329468667
Variety of builds implies there are also builds that only work with specific items.
Also keep showing how ignorant you are by calling the genre that invented the grind an MMO.
>>
Can you play saves from a pirated game on a legal one?
Is there something like TQDefiler?
>>
Shaman/occultist is seriously op. Sigil of consumption +savagery+ devouring swarm + bloody pox means I just destroyed that level 25ish miniboss in mouldering fields at level 17 kek

Also primal strike build shaman feels like Thor, it's great
>>
>>329468835
>calling the genre that invented the grind an MMO.
What grind is inherent to ARPGs by design?
The only grind is the self imposed kind.
This isn't Disgaea or a fucking Korean MMO.
>>
>>329469171
No, grind is (usually) imposed by the difficulty spikes and resistance penalties increased difficulty levels bring and the ridiculous quality of very rare legendary items of which there are a lot and you usually only need a very specific few.
The grind for gear that you are implying is an MMO trait came from this fucking genre to begin with. Diablo 2 was pretty much an MMO-lite.
>>
>>329467939
my build so far
http://grimcalc.com/build/PJVcLh
>>
Where's a good place to farm, currently stuck in act 3 Ultimate.
>>
>>329469906
You don't anon, this game has no farm.
You just have to do what >>329468005 said and make a new character, ah well.
>>
>>329469906

Steps of Torment
>>
>>329468339
Nope, it's a little weird but once you get used to it it's ezpz, there's a helpful guide on the steam forums too
>>
>>329467790
Total Speed = Movement + Attack Speed
>>
If I play as an arcansit summonet build, what do I use to defend myself?
>>
>>329469906
SoT or farm namesis farm in Elite
>>
Any high level warlocks out there? Did you end up going pet heavy or glass cannon? I'm like lvl 17 and not really liking my green eyeball spam build.
>>
>>329470802
What's your second class? Occultist? Mirror is a free 3 seconds of immunity, but arcanist has jack for defense. Try sigil of consumption to get health back
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.