[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really hope Smash 5 is made by a different Director
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72
File: mash potato samurai.png (160 KB, 474x268) Image search: [Google]
mash potato samurai.png
160 KB, 474x268
I can't stand this bullshit any longer. I'm glad it's finally fucking over. Sakurai has been lying to us for YEARS now. He only adds characters based on his own personal interest (games he made, friends with developers from other games, advertising purposes) and is a complete xenophobic hack with a lack of appreciation and respect for Western studios (Rare with DKC, Retro with Metroid and DKCR, etc.)

He claims to be accommodating for a competitive scene he knows nothing about, then a small team of developers creates a MOD 10 times better than his own game (Project M) and then a SINGLE INDIE DEVELOPER makes a clone title 100 times better than his own game (Rivals of Aether).

The man is incompetent, delusional, only cares about his own interests and needs to go. This better be his last fucking Smash title.
>>
>>320676513
Stay mad K Roolfag
>>
>>320676513
You're wasting your time. This >>320676664 is the type of people you're talking to, shitposters who only want to see people get 'btfo'.
>>
>>320676513
>tourneyfag

You don't matter. Only faggots give a fuck about competitive Smash. If you can't adapt to the new game, it's your own fucking fault. No one but you wants the game exactly the fucking same as before. Project M is autism incarnate and literally no one has heard of Rivals of Aether. If anyone had you wouldn't have had to mention it in the first place.

tl;dr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_JcM45gaFs
>>
>>320676513
Lmao RoA shills will never stop trying.
>>
>>320676759
>not having autism on 4chan is now considered shitposting
>>
What if we pool our money and pay the Yakuza to "remove" him?
>>
>>320676513
>Other M fag

Holy shit, you expect us to take you seriously?
>>
>>320676962
Hi OP.
>>
File: 1437540274006.jpg (69 KB, 725x408) Image search: [Google]
1437540274006.jpg
69 KB, 725x408
>>320676513
>>
File: laughing_monsters.png (191 KB, 578x388) Image search: [Google]
laughing_monsters.png
191 KB, 578x388
Crocodile tears, so salty.
>>
File: 1448078836489.jpg (124 KB, 507x528) Image search: [Google]
1448078836489.jpg
124 KB, 507x528
>>320676513
>Rivals of Aether
>Project Meme
>>
File: 0C06678l.jpg (33 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
0C06678l.jpg
33 KB, 640x360
>>320676513
>Mfag
>>
>>320676869

There's literally no other reason for why Brawl and Sm4sh's gameplay ended up the way it did other than Sakurai being a biased retard who removes features that he feels make the game "unplayable" for newcomers, regardless of whether or not it's actually true.

So apparently, they matter enough for Sakurai to gimp the gameplay over.
>>
>>320680518

>PM allows you to change your beam's properties between plasma and ice with Samus' sideTaunt
>Sm4sh makes it so ZSS has hooker heels and Samus is bottom tier garbage even though she's supposed to be weaker outside her suit.

This fact alone makes PM miles better than Sm4sh IMHO.
>>
>>320676513
Than stop playing Smash all together and that'll make you feel better.

Otherwise don't see a Smash game made without Sakurai. He's already made For Glory for competitive types, but I don't see him making Melee 2.0 due to his strong disdain for Melee. Melee itself was a good game but damn can't stand its competitive scene, they're the embodiment of video game dorks.
>>
>>320680642
smash
>scream and yell and DEMAND that saki boy changes features to appeal to a minor demographic

any other game
>you want to pander to WOMAN? how DARE you modify my games to pander to a minority
>>
>>320676869
>No one but you wants the game exactly the fucking same as before.
So what is Sm4sh and Brawl?
>>
>>320681967
>Design team implies that their potential market can't handle deep game design
>implying deep games don't have greater replayability than minimalist games
Meanwhile, Battlefront is bottoming out its player numbers.
>>
>>320682472
>the exception makes the rule

and if you wanna go with singular examples, well, flappy bird.
>>
>>320681967

I'm pretty sure most of the complaints stem from Sakurai changing/removing shit for stupid reasons.

Like, did Wii U's classic mode really need to be 8-player clusterfuck?

Did we really need to remove adventure mode?

Did we really need smash tour to be a thing?
>>
>>320682650

>Battlefront
>Titan Fall
>Battlefield

Fucking A, even CoD is starting to lose players.
>>
>>320682809
the newer battlefield is more complex then the older one, and titanfall had no precedessor to compare with. so then ill counter legit answer: fruit ninja.
>>
>>320683228

You do realize that mobile games and console games are two completely different animals right?

Let me counter with another point: Assassins Creed: Unity.
>>
>>320683228
sorry, forgot what side i was devils advocating
>>
>>320683529
why, because you said so? one of the best selling games on earth, got these sales from the CONSOL versions, the simplest version of the game. minecraft.
>>
So a new Nintendo Director makes Smash 5...
They add tripping back, only this time it's not just running but doing any action can fail with some sort of wacky mishap resulting, like Mario's fireball exploding in his face! The humor level skyrockets, the audience is back and makes smash 64-levels of random noises beyond mere cheering for one player. The cpu has 5 different taunts and uses them liberally to express anger, happiness, smugness and confusion. The stage hazards are super random and include a random fly-by of birds or even a meteor crashing onto the stage, rainstorms, earthquakes, alien invasions, air bombings, random enemy appearances...

That'd be so hilarious. Perfect smash described right there.
>>
>>320683638

>why, because you said so?

No, because comparing a phone app that's designed to be played for maybe 10 minutes at a time to a console game being sold at $45-$60 that features actual gameplay is beyond retarded.

It'd be like me taking that card game from FFVIII and comparing it to a YGO game that was released or some shit.

Anyways, I counter your point with two more: Metroid: Other M and Paper Mario: Sticker Star.
>>
>>320685001
whats that got to do with the fact that people prefer it?
>>
>>320685001
oh and that mario game where you just hit jump, and counterstrike go
>>
>>320685342

Prefer what?

Console Minecraft?

You realize that we live in a society where people are dumb enough to pay money for ROMs on VC when there's emulators that allow you to play most console games for free on your PC or phone right?

If you took the average console kiddie and introduced him to minecraft with mods, his fucking head would explode and his testicles would enlarge to the size of misshapen grapefruit.

It's just that people don't realize what they're missing and PCucks are elitist who shit on consoles while willingly paying money for steam sales.
>>
>>320685420

Are you talking about a mobile game or something?

I mean, even in shit like NSMB you can do more besides jumping.
>>
>>320676513
100% agree with you
twichfags and other shills can suck it up
>>
>>320676513
it's his game. He can do whatever he wants.
>>
File: 1450240559705.png (417 KB, 517x850) Image search: [Google]
1450240559705.png
417 KB, 517x850
>>320685606
>you realize
you realize its a party game? designed for a bunch of people to all come together and have fun immediately? anyways, the original argument was actually its silly for the minority to determine the majority rule, and how /v/ is hypocritical on this stance.

why should saki boy change a party game for the few people who play it competitively? secondly, even if it WAS a good idea, what obligation does saki boy have to do anything you want him to?
>>
>>320685691
i dont remember. it was just purely click jump tho. mario or wario just auto ran
>>
>>320684242
I'd be down with that. Just accept that you can't compete with melee from a pure gameplay quality perspective and give up. Make the Mario Party of platform fighters. Yeah its stupid bullshit, but its still fun as fuck. Character balance doesn't matter nearly as much, autists won't constantly be arguing about which is more deep, you can add all the random tripping type shit you want and no one really minds.
As much as I like melee, that's really what a Nintendo crossover fighting game should be.
>>
>>320686417
But they did change it for the competitive players, it was just against them rather than for them.
Casuals don't even know wavedashing and L-cancels exist, I didn't when I was playing Melee and thought Roy was the best character because his sword had fire. The skill floor hasn't changed, they're just lowering the ceiling, which casuals never approach anyway.
>>
>>320686417

I can accept that it's a "party game," as defined by Sakurai.

I can accept that some fighters got cut from the game because of some shit that happened behind the scenes.

Hell, I can even understand why sm4sh has two versions.

But what I can't accept is the argument that Sakurai shouldn't change his games based on tournyfags when a lot of the changes between Melee and Brawl were caused by Sakurai's own personal bias against tournyfags.

If Sakurai had kept the game unchanged from Melee to Brawl but removed the glitches, balanced the roster, and added a few more stages then it'd have been perfect.

But no, let's waste a year of dev time on a shitty stage that nobody plays on (>>320685769) and let's remove adventure mode because a few people put the cutscenes on fucking youtube.

At this point, what could tournyfags really do to the series that Sakurai hasn't already done?
>>
File: Definition of a party game.png (77 KB, 888x240) Image search: [Google]
Definition of a party game.png
77 KB, 888x240
>>320682650
>>320683228
Mobile games are a unique market which are fucking *mobile*. Flappy Bird was a literally free game. The version of Fruit Ninja with actual downloads is also free.

>>320683638
Minecraft on console isn't some completely reduced experience. The core gameplay is there -- and per the topic of competitiveness a la PvP, exactly the same.

>>320686417
>>pic

Also, the original point remains. The best games are the deepest games, because playing the exact gameplay of similar titles becomes boring. Ass Creed, CoD, and other repetitive franchises sell less per.
>>
>>320687209
>and let's remove adventure mode because a few people put the cutscenes on fucking youtube.

Honestly, that whole videos thing was probably an excuse. This was the first time they had to make two versions of Smash at once. They probably just didn't have the amount of time, to make something like Subspace Emissary again for both systems, and also decided to use the CGI budget on newcomer trailers instead.
>>
>>320687545

I thought the whole point of an excuse was to say something that's less bad than the actual reason.

I could accept if two versions was the reason why sm4sh doesn't have adventure mode but then I ask, why did we need two versions in the first place?

I tell ya man, sm4sh is such a clusterfuck in design choices, it honestly makes me wish I could look into Sakurai's mind just to see how he justifies it all.
>>
>>320687196
...thats the point. he focused on the primary audience. casuals. after all, party game...

>>320687209
>But what I can't accept is the argument that Sakurai shouldn't change his games based on tournyfags when a lot of the changes between Melee and Brawl were caused by Sakurai's own personal bias against tournyfags.
....what. the argument is that he can change it based on whatever he feels like. he could add a large, spinning banner on the main screen that says "comp players are literally virgins". and........deal with it.

how can one argue that a game developer can make his game as slutty as he wants, or have no black characters in it, because its HIS game, then turn around and ask HOW CAN HE KEEP DOING THIS. its hypocritical.

and i agree, removing the cutscenes is completely laughable and hilarious dumb. remind me again why i get to dictate what he does?

>>320687417
>The best games are the deepest games
absolutely. never said otherwise. what we were talking about was what sells. guess what had the highest box office last year. american sniper. dosent mean im saying that movie was good, bruh.
>>
Guys, I just found in YT a mod to make Sm4sh good!

https://youtu.be/c5Mzd9NgRKo
>>
File: 1411061556633.jpg (42 KB, 330x315) Image search: [Google]
1411061556633.jpg
42 KB, 330x315
>>320687209
A lot of changes from Melee to Brawl were to cater to the Wii Sports audience as Iwata requested because that was the main demographic of the console. Tourneyfags were considered as an irrelevant demographic. He didn't make the game specifically to spite them. The melee scene was fucking tiny in Japan and Sakurai doesn't give a flying shit about overseas.
>>
File: notfair.png (22 KB, 817x833) Image search: [Google]
notfair.png
22 KB, 817x833
>>320676664
>>
>>320687729
>I could accept if two versions was the reason why sm4sh doesn't have adventure mode but then I ask, why did we need two versions in the first place?

Cause the 3DS was originally not selling so well when Smash 4 was announced. It was help salvage sales for both systems. Also people have demanded a handheld Smash since the DS has been out, and the 3DS hardware has finally allowed them to do so. Also Japan is more int handhelds, as opposed to consoles, so again from a business perspective.

The 3DS version has ultimately sold a lot more then the Wii U version, so they did profit from making a handheld and console version.
>>
>>320676513
>complete xenophobic hack
Well I found this funny since Sakurai literally said that he was surprised that a black guy plays Smash Bros (yes, it was literally) shortly after Brawl was announced

Anyway I kinda agree and isn't because I'm salty, one of my votes was Wonder Red but Bayonetta its pretty great
>>
>>320687745

>how can one argue that a game developer can make his game as slutty as he wants, or have no black characters in it, because its HIS game, then turn around and ask HOW CAN HE KEEP DOING THIS. its hypocritical.

What does this have to do with anything?

We're not in a censorship thread mate, keep the political shit on /pol/ where it belongs.

Anyways, I'm not saying that we should hold the man down and force him into making a good game or something, I'm just saying that if you're going to argue he shouldn't listen to the minority then you should acknowledge that most of the decisions that he has made since Brawl has been made specifically to spite the minority..
>>
>>320687745
>thats the point. he focused on the primary audience. casuals
No he didn't
Focusing on casuals would have been "what do casuals like? Lets add more of that." We probably would get more stuff like pokeballs and the hammer and huge stages like melee hyrule, at least that's what I remember liking when I was 14.
Instead the thought process was "how do we bring the competitive players down to the casuals' level"
>>
>>320687949

If that was true then why add tripping?

Why change air dodges so that they were spammable instead of being one-use with directional control?

Why remove perfect landing when it has been there from the beginning and most players were unaffected by its presence in the first place?

I mean, if he truly wanted the game to be a legit party game then all he had to do was remove the glitches and add more characters and stages.

He didn't have to gut the physics and ax the depth in the process.
>>
File: 3656b6_2199832.jpg (132 KB, 1062x610) Image search: [Google]
3656b6_2199832.jpg
132 KB, 1062x610
SMASH 5 DEVELOPMENT STUDIO DREAM TEAM

COME ONE, COME ALL

DIRECTOR:
COMPOSER
PRODUCER:
COMPANY:
NEW CHARACTERS:
>>
Call up Dan Fornace. Rivals of Aether may suffer from a small development team and lack of originality, but the design choices Dan made in regards to making a competitive platform fighter are 10/10.
>>
File: 1378038474887.jpg (38 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1378038474887.jpg
38 KB, 500x667
>>320687990

>Cause the 3DS was originally not selling so well when Smash 4 was announced.

Are you legit fucking retarded?

If anything, the Wii U was the one badly in need of some fucking sales at the time, 3DS was raking in the money since it actually had games worth buying.
>>
>>320686417
>you realize its a party game?
No. Nintendo itself said that smash is a competitive action game. Said so right there in the last smash direct.
You are wrong.
>>
>>320676513
>waaah sakurai isn't following my headcanon reasons to why a character should be in smash
>>
>>320688927
Smash 3DS was announced in 2011. 3DS sales were bad during the initial launch till Mario Kart 7 and 3D Land were rushed out, which was when it really started to sell well.
>>
>>320688815
This is how I feel, but I don't think it's to spite tourneyfags.

I think some people who were starting Brawl during testing were just waaay too good for the newbies and stomped them every time.

A lot of newbies don't want to fight, they don't want to use fundamentals. They want to spam their B button attacks because they're flashy and special. So the people who understand basic fighting techniques wipe the floor with them every time.

To the point where it was embarrassing the newcomers and he had to do something. Hence shit like tripping, spammable dodges, most of the stages being gimmicky bullshit. It wasn't about the tournamentfags, it was about making everyone have an equal chance of winning no matter their skill level.

It's still shitty, but I can see the reason if it's on a casual console for morons.
>>
This guy was the worst possible choice as smash director hopefully he dies and they're forced to put someone else in charge

We'll still probably get 10 weebshit characters and wii fit trainer/dark pit shit anyway
>>
>>320689134

First off, the first reveal trailer came out 2 years ago.

Second off, the 3DS picked up on sales around the time that FE:A came out.

Third, Wii U's sales have been in the toilet ever since it came out. Even today, Wii U's sales aren't anything special in comparison to the Xbone/PS4 and even in comparison to 3DS.

The reason it has two versions is more due to the Wii U, not because of the 3DS.
>>
>>320689308

Again, why not just keep the game largely the same as Melee but just decide to say "fuck it" and go insane instead?

It's not like a newbie would've had an easier time considering shit like MK (Brawl) and Sheik/ZSS (Sm4sh) exists.
>>
>>320689506
>First off, the first reveal trailer came out 2 years ago.

Yes but I was referring to the very first initial announcement which was announced in 2011 initially for both versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBt1M4BjlpY

>>320689506
>Second off, the 3DS picked up on sales around the time that FE:A came out.

Yes. That is true. The 3DS did pick up sales as time went on.

>>320689506
>The reason it has two versions is more due to the Wii U, not because of the 3DS.

I can concede to this. Either way, both versions were made due to a business point of view from their perspective.
>>
>>320688815
Tripping adds another random element to the game so even that bad player may get a hit in sometimes. It just didn't work well.
Let's be honest, if he really wanted to spite tourneyfags he would remove the option to turn off items. I don't think casualfags would give a shit if he did that.
And to remove mechanics he would have to add them in the first place. The game was using a new engine. Less mechanics makes it easier and faster to develop, and as you know the game was already delayed once. Since tourneyfags weren't considered as a demographic for the game there was no need to add some of the more complex mechanics from previous games.
>>
>>320689692
>It's not like a newbie would've had an easier time considering shit like MK (Brawl) and Sheik/ZSS (Sm4sh) exists.

They wouldn't have had an easier time, but winning is more up to luck than to skill. It makes them feel they're doing something when they're really doing nothing.

Picture a stage like battlefield. It's easy to picture someone who has no clue what they're doing get perfect'd by someone who even knows the difference between fair and uair.

Now picture Rainbow Cruise or 75M. It's really easy to just die for almost no reason or because you decided to trip just as that one section you're standing on becomes hazardous. Newbies would die too, but at least they wouldn't get 4-stocked.

I think that's the logic behind it: Melee physics and gameplay were extremely fair, but also made shitty newbies feel bad. Since the wii was going to be this all-inclusive console, the change was meant to facilitate the people who never played in their lives.
>>
>>320688642
yeah, cant possibly be "what elements do casuals not like, or not need".

>>320688979
>nintendos advertising department
>vs saki boys own, personal words

yeahhhhhhhhh im gonna have to like, disregard you.

but hey, toyotas marketing department says its the BEST VALUE for money. so wheres your toyota
>>
>>320690183
Sakurai himself said so in the direct. On the first and last Nintendo Direct dedicated to Smash.
Once again, you are 100% wrong.
>>
>>320688819
Director: Hideki Kamiya
Composer: Same as Smash 4, I would add Nobuo Uematsu again and Koichi Sugiyama
Company: Nintendo, Bandai Namco, Sega, Square Enix, Konami
New characters: Wonder Red, Chocobo or Slime, RH rep, Inklings, Bomberman and Venom Snake
>>
File: lel.jpg (139 KB, 642x569) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
139 KB, 642x569
>>320690318
citation needed
>>
>>320690471
Just watch the fucking direct.
How come you talk like you know anything about smash and you didn't even see such important direct?
>>
>>320687745
>>The best games are the deepest games
>absolutely.
Well, the trend is that better games sell.. if the sales aren't just from previous quality. CoD was a decent game around 4. Further games were purchased with the idea that the quality stayed the same but was also fixed where the it was lesser.

The only listed counter examples to deeper games having more playability or sales are free, mobile games.
>>
>>320688979
"competitive action" obviously meant competing for items to throw at eachother
notice he didn't say "competitive fighting"
>>
Stay mad Wolfbabby. Sakurai should direct every Smash game. He's a beautiful goddamn madman. He put in yet another Fire Emblem character that I had no idea I even wanted in the game until I saw the trailer for them.

Most importantly, he managed to get Mega Man, Sonic, Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta all in the game. Cloud wasn't even part of the ballot and was just something extra special he reached out to get. Bayonetta was and holy shit you can really tell the character is implemented with a lot of love from Sakurai and Kamiya.

Smash 4 has been one hell of a ride, and I'm going to keep playing this game for fucking years. It's easily one of the best of all time.

Bayonetta was the #1 character I wanted in Smash ever since Bayo 2 was announced in 2012. She was also my ballot vote, and I got exactly what I wanted.
>>
>>320690557
just read the latest interview, nigga. anyways, he changed his mind after the fact. who you gonna believe, greedo shot first?
>>
>>320676513
Don't you have a mod to weep about faggot? How about you stop making shitpost bait and play your C&D'd mod you nigger.
>>
>>320690848
but the game isnt even fun to play
>>
>>320691146
I'm having fun. Tons of other people are having fun. Why aren't you?
>>
>>320688819

Director: Chris Sutherland
Composer: Grant Kirkope
Producer: Steve Mayles
New Characters: Banjo Kazooie

I want it to be one big Rare meetup filled with shitty british humor.
>>
File: 1450338371509.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
1450338371509.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>>320676513
>he didn't add my character!
People voted for Bayonetta, others didn't make sense. Get over it.
>Sm4sh isn't competitive!
It's a family-friendly couch party game. If you don't like it find another game or stick to Melee.
>only cares about himself!
He wanted to stop after Melee but Nintendo keeps dragging him back because he can make games into shekels.
>>
>>320676513
You're right but you're just gonna get shitposters screaming LE BTFO LE BTFO XDXD SALT
Just try to enjoy Bayonetta until Smash 5 comes out and don't buy Corrin.
>>
>>320690848
>I got what I want!!! Hahah!

if license wasn't a issue it would be ogre.
>>
>sakurai knows all of the ins and outs of smash at this point
>he leaves
>new director doesn't know shit
>smash is worst
>>
>>320690848
content doesn't matter when the gameplay isn't good
>>
>>320691505
I think brawl and br4wl show that sakurai knows nothing about smash
>>
I want the Mario Kart 8 director to make the next Smash so I can finally play as Mercedez Benz in Smash Bros. He's probably the most likely candidate for the role anyways.
>>
>>320676513
This pasta is so much more delicious now that Project Meme is dead and buried. The butthurt feels so real.
>>
>>320691198
Because it's constant neutral game campy slow bullshit with rubber banding
>>
>>320691579
Good thing Melee has both the best content and best game play. Best graphics, too. No shitty NSMB sterile shit.
>>
The only change that needs to happen to placate both sides is adding back in the momentum mechanic and a proper classic mode.
>>
>>320676513
He should be able to make the game however he damn wants. It's his game, not yours.
>>
>>320691698
>rubber-banding
What.
>>
this bangs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SESLxwZ7b30
>>
File: annoyed rocko.jpg (19 KB, 300x365) Image search: [Google]
annoyed rocko.jpg
19 KB, 300x365
/v/'s hypocrisy around Smash never ceases to amaze me.

/v/ hates when a developer simplifies gameplay
Expect when Sakurai does it.

/v/ loves mods for games.
Except for Project M.

/v/ hates when a developer goes against the wishes of their fans.
Except when Sakurai does it

/v/ is okay when people say an older game in a series is better than a new one
Except when someone says Melee is better than Brawl or Smash 4.
>>
>>320691198
I can't have fun when approaching my opponent isn't safe
>>
how are you all so fucking pathetic? it's incredible how you manage to be such childish idiots. if you're not getting baited, you are baiting. Christ.
>>
>>320691889
man its almost as if thousands of people browse this board.
>>
>>320691889
/v/ is not one person, Meleebabby.
Else we could say that /v/ hates esports BUT IT'S OKAY IF MELEE DOES IT!
>>
>>320676513
Is Rivals of Aether really all that?

I heard there were balance issues, Alpharad certainly isn't fond of Kragg, and it doesn't seem like it's that far in development at all. On the game's Steam forum I saw a thread where someone basically told the OP not to bother with matchmaking since it's dead and just to find players to play with on your own.
>>
>>320691889
It's in line with /v/'s overall stance on anything though, which is "I don't care about video games if it means I can shitpost and see people get mad". Video games are just a means to an end for shitposting/
>>
>>320691889
>/v/ hates when a developer simplifies gameplay
Unless you're Halo, then they hate you for making the game deeper
>>
File: 1450128947573.jpg (386 KB, 849x596) Image search: [Google]
1450128947573.jpg
386 KB, 849x596
>>320691889
this board is garbage
>>
>>320691789
Maybe rubber banding isnt the best term but:

Stale hits have a more pronounced effect than in previous entries and in the 2 stock 1v1 format if you can secure the first kill without entering 1hko % then the game completely swings in your favor because now your opponent who has one stock has to kill you not only twice, but you're going to accrue a fat rage buff while also having a spare stock

and here's where you say but then you just don't let them get rage hits on you and you play the turtle campy shit and it all goes back to no fun gameplay
>>
>>320691889
>People keep fucking screaming Hackurai since fucking Brawl
>A good number of people don't really give a shit or can just look past them
>WOW YOU GUYS ARE FUCKING HYPOCRITES IT'S OKAY IF SMASH DOES IT
>>
>>320692559
Maybe you should learn what words mean and not put words in my mouth when I was asking what the fuck you were talking about you absolute penis.
>>
>>320692139
Its not bad but I don't think its worth buying yet. Maybe once its more finished, but for now its just a way simpler kinda ugly unfinished gimmicky 2d melee with no players.
It has potential, but isn't there yet.
>>
>>320691889
Help me, these people are retarded and I can't leave.

I also don't know if /v/'s definition of autism is a good thing of a bad thing. Putting time into a game and caring about anything is autistic according to /v/, but being obsessed with waddle dee is also considered both actual autistic and /v/ autistic.

I agree on your points except for the third one. Fans generally don't know what the fuck they want, most of them are idiots who want everything. Except in the case of Smash Bros. You can't do much worse than Brawl and Sakurai himself in that regard. Project M was the opposite of fans fucking things up. It turned what was the worst SSB game by a significant margin and turned it into arguably the best one.
>>
>>320692720
Maybe you shouldn't play shitty games and people won't have to explain why they're shitty to you
>>
>>320692806
Maybe you shouldn't project since I haven't played Sm4sh since Lucas dropped you chode tickler. Not everyone who thinks you're a retard plays Sm4sh.
>>
>>320692937
Calm down nerd it's just a shitty video game
>>
>>320692978
If it's "just a shitty video game" why do you care that people you don't know play it when you still have Melee? Do you lose your shit when people go see Alvin & The Chipmunks?
>>
>mfw Tr4shmen say that Smash is a party game
It's a fighting game, though the only one that matters is one. Even then, everyone at parties I go to prefer Melee.
>b-but 8-player Smash!!!
Top Kek, why does that matter when my parties get 4 people for some 2v2 practice?
>b-but the roster and MUH GRAFIX
Don't matter when we already got the best characters since Melee, and Melee's graphics have charm. And if the graphics are so good, how come they can't handle Ice Climbers or panty shots?
>>
>>320693974
>And if the graphics are so good, how come they can't handle Ice Climbers or panty shots?

Ice Climbers are gone because of the 3DS version.
>>
>>320676513
It's just a game
>>
>>320694126
And they couldn't add them into Tr4sh for Pii U because...? Did Kuckurai get booty bothered over getting wobbled? Wouldn't be surprising because he made Brawl 1 and Brawl 2 just so he could hope to be good at the game.
>>
>>320691889
>/v/'s hypocrisy around Smash never ceases to amaze me.
>/v/ hates when a developer simplifies gameplay
>Expect when Sakurai does it.

Smash started simple and continues that way because that's what makes it approachable. The only character who gets motion command shit is the character who put them on the map.

>/v/ loves mods for games.
>Except for Project M.
>/v/ hates when a developer goes against the wishes of their fans.
>Except when Sakurai does it

These kind of go hand in hand. The problem with Smash is that everyone has their own idea of what would best fit to represent Nintendo's history. Some of us grew up with the NES. Some of us grew up with the SNES. Some of us were Asian or had weeb folks and casually fucked with imports.Of course the N64 age was a very common territory for modern Nintendo fandom, especially since RARE practically carried the system.

See, you have people who have a different idea of what Nintendo was to them and they want to include characters from the shit they grew up with to be in Smash. The N64/RARE generation have it pretty hard in this case because it almost seems like Nintendo's trying to wash its hands of those days if anything, so they're pleading them to reconsider any bad blood between them.

What's worse is that Sakurai easily opened the floor to 3rd party characters to Smash and that invited some mighty entitled fucks to invited whomever the fuck they want just by merit alone because as long as it had a videogame, who cares, right? Those so called fans threw everything including the kitchen sink in Sakurai's direction. A lot of those "fans" had pretty unreasonable demands like John Cena, Jotaro Kujo and Goku.

>/v/ is okay when people say an older game in a series is better than a new one
>Except when someone says Melee is better than Brawl or Smash 4.

Melee was rushed and had some oversights. Wasn't a bad game, but most of those claiming its superiority based that on its pacing and exploits.
>>
They need to just release Melee HD already with online and maybe a couple new characters.

I don't really care how Smash 5 turns out because there's a 99% I will be disappointed.

Just give us meleefags more melee. Is that so hard?
>>
>>320694324
Nintendo promised both versions would have the same roster. The 3DS hardware could not handle them, so they had to be gone for the Wii U version as well.
>>
>>320694194
>It's just a game
Only Tr4shmen say this when they have no argument as to why their game is good and get ass blasted over getting bodied by the true fans.
>>
>complaining about "xenophobia"
What, would you be happy if an American dev made major design decisions based on the whims of the Chinese like Hollywood does?
>>
>>320694324
It's a bullshit reason but Sakurai didn't want one version to have more characters than the other.

Personally I'd rather the 3DS version didn't exist at all, and all the stages were crammed into the Wii U version. Might've made the name less retarded too, Smash Universe was way too good of an opportunity to pass up yet the 3DS version fucked any chances of that.
>>
>>320694448
>true fans.
No one who has uttered this phrase in seriousness has ever not been full of shit.
>>
>>320694432
As soon as they found out they couldn't add IC they should have dropped 3DS Tr4sh. In fact, they should have dropped Tr4sh altogether, because Kuckarai is so lazy and whiny and never made a good game, so why even try? Nintendo also promised a good game, but they haven't lived up to that promise since Melee, their only good game.
>>
>>320694674
This is the part where you need to explain why what you claim is true
>>
>>320676513

Smash 4 is a good game. It's not 10/10 GOTY, though. If it had Melee's gameplay with the new ledge mechanics, it would be the best ever.
>>
>>320694553
Universe isn't a synonym for "fight" and those subtitles are a Western thing only. You had DX and X for Melee and Brawl. It's more likely they universalized the name a bit more, and that the lack of Smash 3DS would not change that.
>>
>>320694674
>Tr4sh is good
>Smash is a party game
>Melee is for autists
>Kuckarai is a good developer
Same to you, flam. The true fans are Melee purists. Even my wife's son is more of a true fan than you.
>>
>>320694943
Ledge trumping is lame though.
>>
>>320695115
Edge hogging is even lamer. It's a good idea that needs tweaking.
>>
File: DEEP♂DRE♂FANTASY.jpg (68 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
DEEP♂DRE♂FANTASY.jpg
68 KB, 640x960
>Project Meme
The only faggots gayer than rosterfags. I'm glad your overblown mod is fucking dead and the developers' livelihoods threatened.
>>
>>320695202
I can agree with this. I think if it sent you at a different angle it would be better
>>
File: really dude.jpg (37 KB, 493x495) Image search: [Google]
really dude.jpg
37 KB, 493x495
>mfw there are people that think work on Corrin and Bayonetta didn't start at least 5 months ago
>>
>ITT: Tr4shmen who spite the true best game ever enough to pretend Undertale is even remotely deserving of the title
>>
>>320676513

Eh. I don't mind if it's Japanese characters only. I see it as a safe bufferzone.
>>
>>320694432
Nintendo didn't promise shit. Sakurai said he "wanted both version to be the same" and then proceed to make 8player clusterfuck and Smash Bour, while giving the 3DS version a decent Classic Mode and the great Smash Run.
>>
Who cares. If you want to play competitive Smash, play Melee. It's not like the existence of Sm4sh invalidates the competitive Melee scene. Fucking whiners.
>>
File: kill me inkling.jpg (29 KB, 336x371) Image search: [Google]
kill me inkling.jpg
29 KB, 336x371
>tfw there is at least one universe out there where Smash4 wasn't shit and the ballot actually mattered
>tfw it wasn't this one
>>
>>320695892
The ballot did matter. Just because it wasn't your choice doesn't mean they cheated.
>>
File: [worried laughter].jpg (6 KB, 153x199) Image search: [Google]
[worried laughter].jpg
6 KB, 153x199
>>320696045
>He doesn't realize they started working on Bayo well before the ballot ended

You're kidding, right?
>>
>>320696045

The new FE rep is fucked up though. How do you justify that as legitimate?
>>
>>320696182

The votes likely flooded in after the first few days. They had a good idea of who was popular. I seen a lot of strawpolls and I've seen Bayonetta was popular. Not as popular as K Rool or Ridley, but still.
>>
>>320696045
Who said anything about cheating?
>>
>>320696236
Corrin has absolutely nothing to do with the ballot. They explained this in the direct. Cloud and Bayo were directly the result of a shit ton of requests, with Bayo being from the ballot.
>>
>>320696182
It's been more than 2 months since the ballot ended, and the character won't be ready for another 2 months.
>>
>>320684242
>random Black Knight stage hazards will be a thing
NO STOP
DELETE THIS
>>
>>320696640
That's only 4 months. And considering the shape Bayo was in for the Reveal, she was definitely worked on before the ballot ended.
>>
>>320684242
Chance Time item that switches your percentage, stock, scores, etc. with the opponent! And it can't be turned off. Smash Tour is the main mode.
>>
>>320696803
I doubt that unless she had a huge lead over the next feasible character in the poll.
Nobody knows how long it takes for them to make a character that's playable and how long they spent on testing after that. Sakurai has suggested that the latter takes a long time.
>>
File: 1449307959578.gif (908 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
1449307959578.gif
908 KB, 500x394
Why the fuck can you not make out who the audience is cheering anymore? It sounds the fucking same regardless of who they cheer and sounds more like a pack of moaning zombies.
>>
>>320695697
3DS player here. Smash Run sucks balls. I played Smash 4 on Wii U and it's really nice to play on the gamepad compared to 3DS, and way better looking too. But I can't afford a Wii U so I've got what I've got.

But I never touch Smash Run. Maybe it'd be fun with other people, but I'll never know. It feels like five minutes of running around an overly chaotic subspace emissary level for no reason and then doing some random mini-event. It worked for Kirby Air Ride, but it feels so aimless here. But Kirby Air Ride had four simultaneous players in a 3D world with events like bosses while you hunted for better vehicles and broke boxes.
>>
>>320676513
He has said many times he doesn't want the distance between new players and good players to be great
in other words he wants the gameplay to be shallow, he's a good director but smash needs a new developer one who will make the game both a good party game as well as a good fighting game
>>
>>320697502
Get your hearing checked, mate.
>>
>>320697379
Different anon here.
Considering they don't have a whole game to work on any more, they may have an easier time getting work done on the DLC characters.
I'm taking a wild guess there of course, but it seems like a reasonable line of thought.
>>
File: spongebob yeah.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
spongebob yeah.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>320695207
You're trying to make people angry. It's not working. Project M was nothing but a labor of love and a remarkable improvement to the worst game in the SSB series, doing the impossible by transforming it into arguably the best SSB game. It's not our fault if you don't like SSB. You can trip all over vanilla Brawl until the end of time, nobody will stop you anon.
>>
>>320697540
It's much better than Smash Tour. Trust me.
>>
>>320698017
>arguably the best
Then why is it dead?
>>
>>320698113
Yes, I know. But that doesn't make it worth anything. It's far from great.
>>
>>320698137
Because it was too good for this world. And the kind of people autistic enough to undergo such an endeavor as making Project M are insufferable faggots with massive egos and little common sense or positive traits aside from what they're talented at.
>>
File: 1441498546374.gif (1 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1441498546374.gif
1 MB, 500x280
>>320676513
I can't believe people still think that in this industry, Sakurai has the final say in what characters get in. It's a development TEAM. It's a bunch of ideas being thrown around until something sticks or Nintendo comes in and makes something stick.
>>
File: qNG1t33.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
qNG1t33.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>320698307
>Too good for this world
Good riddance to janky garbage.
>>
File: kermit.png (61 KB, 274x297) Image search: [Google]
kermit.png
61 KB, 274x297
>>320676513
>waahhh, I want game developers to cater to my every whim even though consumers usually don't know what they want and ask for stupid shit

ishygddt
>>
>>320676513
Guarantee the only people who disagree with this are Sakurai cock riders.
>>
>Hire HAL to make smash 5
>Tell them to do to make melee 2 or even 64 2
A man can dream
>>
>>320676513
Real talk all he needs is some compotent play testers so we don't end up with characters like Rosalina and Luma being able to decimate the entire cast not named Sheik because of Luma's retarded hurtbox and knockback.
>>
>>320699647
Git gud.
>>
>>320699845
But it's not just that anon. Marth could actually zone with competent playtesters rather than over half the cast being able to out zone him. Default Palutena might not exist. Dr. Mario's recovery might not be fucked. Yoshi's hitboxes could make sense. Think of the possibilities.
>>
>>320676513
>He only adds characters based on his own personal interest

He might suck the Fire Emblem cock a little too hard, but you can't say he doesn't strive to give the people what they wanted when he adds newcomers like Little Mac, Villager, and Shulk to name a few, and that's not even going into all the third party dream additions.
>>
File: 1429507050966.png (57 KB, 227x226) Image search: [Google]
1429507050966.png
57 KB, 227x226
I also hope this for a different reason.
Sakurai just doesn't seem to make healthy decisions for the game on both casual and competitive levels.
the way casual was handled in the early titles was much better. The items and stages helped define casual play. Now all the stages are really intrusive, and a single item can easily just win you the match from the start.

I could make a huge wall of text about all the other shitty things for both sides in the last two smashes.
>>
I bet you dislike Snake
>>
>>320682139
Epic
>>
>>320676759
Stay mad and fap to your angry birds
>>
>>320676513
>rivals of aether
Nigga, brawlhalla does a better job at being a smash clone, and that shits f2p
>>
File: kirby with shades.png (221 KB, 538x587) Image search: [Google]
kirby with shades.png
221 KB, 538x587
>>320702371
Pretty much this. Smash 4 isn't fun whether it's played casually or competitively.
>>
>>320676513
>different director

I'm just happy that it's getting updates. Very few Nintendo games are privy to patches, seemingly as Nintendo want teams to move on asap
>>
>>320703119
When you make shitty gimmicky hardware and piss off all 3rd parties, you have to make your own games for your console, so Nintendo has to get out as many games as possible, why do you think nintendos 2015 lineup had so many shitty spinoffs?
>>
>>320703342
Okay?
>>
File: shantaefags.jpg (81 KB, 590x751) Image search: [Google]
shantaefags.jpg
81 KB, 590x751
>Sakurai sucks ass!
>Tr4sh!
>I'm sticking with Melee!
>>
>>320703656
Holy hell
>>
>>320698137
Because Meleefags are in fact the worst people and their own worst enemy. They complain that Sakurai doesn't cater to them, then completely ignore every fanmade attempt at a successor to Melee, and then sell out to the very people they complain about for not catering to them which caused PM to receive less and less support at tournaments and resulted in it fucking dying because of Meleefags.
>>
>>320703656
Is twitter the biggest shithole place on the internet?
>>
>>320676513
Sakurai is a mixed bag.

On the one hand, he consistently comes up with characters with unique and fun, distinct styles of play with gimmicks that I really feel like most people wouldn't be able to come up with.

On the other, elements of his design are genuinely questionable.

Honestly I feel like if Sakurai listened to the competitive side more and stopped trying to appeal to the casual side of Smash more, then Smash 5 would probably be a much better game than 4. You might as well since it's not like casuals are going to notice so long as the game still has fun, crazy gameplay if you play with four players on crazy stage with items turned on.
>>
>I really hope Smash 5 is made by a different Director

Be careful what you wish for.

None of you faggots know how good you have it right now. The complaints about Smash 4 are minor compared to the devastation a new director could bring. Just look at Playstation All-stars (a game which supposedly had the competitive scene in mind from the get-go). Making a Smash game isn't something just anyone can do. PM is (was) a mod built off a pre-existing engine and unrealistically long dev cycles, and Rivals is a clone that's content-starved and blatantly imbalanced.

I have a lot of criticisms of Sakurai but the man is extremely dedicated, and managed to direct four high-quality crossover fighters. They each have their ups and downs but they weren't a disaster on the level of Sticker Star or Other M. A new director isn't just going to be a straight upgrade, it's going to be a sidegrade at best, and a severe downgrade at worst.
>>
File: 2015-12-19_04-52-01.png (807 B, 65x22) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-19_04-52-01.png
807 B, 65x22
>>320676513
>>
File: ztRlycW.png (41 KB, 360x367) Image search: [Google]
ztRlycW.png
41 KB, 360x367
>defending furfag shit
>>
>>320676513
God bless Sakurai, makes autism and tourneyfags cry and they can't do shit about it.
>>
>stop liking what i dont like!
>>
>>320676513
Project M was pretty boring to be honest senpai. I installed it a while back to see what the hype was about but it was just smash with weird mechanics that felt awful. It was like a hollow shell of a game rather than a substantial experience. About the only good thing about it was that monster Hunter stage. That shit was baller
>>
Personally I love that he doesn't fully embrace tourney faggots.

I don't get how so many people caught the competitive virus. It's a fucking party game, I should be able to play it and have fun with my friends and my girlfriends' friends.

There is absolutely nothing worse in video games than going to a party, playing Smash Bros, and coming upon some whiny unkempt faggot who screams and cries about turning items off, and chuckles to himself about "bad DI" and "frame data" as he beats people who literally never played in their life. And then he comes on the verge of tears when he loses, and makes the weakest excuses for losing.

That fucker is always around. It's not always the same guy, but there is always one. Always.

Holy shit please go find another game to play. Play an actual fighting game, where your opponents aren't drunk casuals.

>durrrr durrr not all tourney players!!!

I don't give a fuck. It's still like 80% of them or more.
>>
Based daddy Sakurai BTFO of all these babies. I hope he adds more anime sword guys
>>
File: Its not fair smash edition.jpg (43 KB, 600x442) Image search: [Google]
Its not fair smash edition.jpg
43 KB, 600x442
>>320676513
And I hope he continues to be the director. All your suggestions for who to get in are fucking stupid. Indie fads (shovelknight), dead franchises that add nothing but nostalgia value(Issac, Banjo, Geno), and more characters from overpresentated series's (King K Rool, Dixie, Waddle D, Krystal).

Melee's tournament community is the center of video game cancer. Entitled, anal, cynical anti-fun faggots that hate Smash 4 because it doesn't have Melee's glitches. Constantly bitch about balance (when everyone complains about different characters being OP).

They have irrational hate towards any new installment and any new character. They are completely anal towards any normal fan that just wants to play a match with items on. They treat other players like shit constantly injecting on why Melee is better.
They deserve to get shat on. I hope Nintendo lets Sakurai continues to him treat them like this. They deserve nothing more.

Get fucked, anti-fun faggots.
>>
>>320705860
>1-hit KO items and overly intrusive stage hazards are fun now

l o l
>>
>>320676513
>then a small team of developers creates a MOD 10 times better than his own game (Project M)

lol

They couldn't finish there extra 3 fighters after how many years?
>>
>>320706030
I find it pretty fun yes. Its funny and makes things crazy. Same reason why the blue shell and fire flower in Mario Kart are fun. Its funny and crazy.
>>
>>320705860
>and more characters from overpresentated series's (King K Rool, Dixie, Waddle D, Krystal).
>DK
>at all overly represented
Nigga, you only have two DK characters, which is fucking criminal once you realize that it's actually fairly popular, one of Nintendo's highest selling franchises, and is actually popular in Japan.

DK fans have every right to request Dixie and K. Rool to be playable, they deserve it.
>>
File: 1444285574498.jpg (172 KB, 845x988) Image search: [Google]
1444285574498.jpg
172 KB, 845x988
>>320705860
>Marina so badly forgotten already that she doesn't even get memed on
It's a strange and special kind of pain
>>
>>320706228
>DK fans have every right to request Dixie and K. Rool to be playable
>Dixie and K. Rool
>and

Yeah okay buddy
>>
>>320706228
Nah, you sound very fucking biases towards DK. It isn't that big and their are plenty of other franchises just as popular as DKC with less characters.

2 Characters, 3 stages, Mii outfit, and an item is plenty of representation. Time to give other franchises a chance.
>>
>>320706393
>>320706473
Now watch him attack FE
>>
>>320706393
Dixie at the very least. If Nintendo weren't stupid and decided to retire Kremlings, then K. Rool would be a shoe-in too.

>>320706473
Not really since although I'm a fan of DKC, I didn't really want any new DK platformers until I really sat down and thought about it.
>>
>>320706030
Try playing with your many friends anon
>>
>>320691924
What the fuck? Are you bad? Every good character can approach just like Melee
>>
File: Vagina has a chuckle.gif (352 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
Vagina has a chuckle.gif
352 KB, 500x300
>People actually expected K. Rool or any popular first party character to be in as DLC

It's Sakurai

When with Sakurai

No one wins

>Ahahahah get fucked Bayonetta non-fans!

Great Nintendo fan service right there, Sakurai! Definitely not meant for a whole different kind of fan service!

git fucked Sakurai fucked with all of you even the Bayo fans

Have fun having her become the next Samus because that's what she is to Sakurai

You guys got played like a damn fiddle I tell ya what
>>
>>320711183
Stay mad
>>
>I really hope Smash 5 is shit and it burns
Alright, Genofag.
>>
>>320711560

That's just the kind of answer I'd expect of someone who just faced harsh reality. Sakurai doesn't care about any all of ya, face the facts.

>B-but Bayonetta won!

Check the game sales and then check the ballot's assumed results again, shit doesn't add up.
>>
>>320676513
why do people take this game seriously and expect everyone else to take is seriously?

Even deep spectrum autistic kids are better than this
>>
>>320711712
Stay mad.
>>
>>320676869
It's not being able to adapt, Smash 4's defensive grindfest is simply not fun to anyone who is decent at PM/Melee.
>>
>>320711761
What game can be seriously?
>>
>>320711560
Bayonetta doesn't belong in the game next to any of the other 3rd parties.

She's a joke compared to them. She's not an icon, she's a fad character. Without a new game, she'll be a distant memory in 2 to 3 years time.
>>
File: 4e31d9.jpg (16 KB, 236x339) Image search: [Google]
4e31d9.jpg
16 KB, 236x339
>>320676513
>Bitching about the gameplay as a smoke screen when you're obviously a roster fag

Nice try. MY MEME CROCODILE DIDN'T GET IN. A BLOO BLOO BLOO!
>>
>>320711859
anything that can actualy make you real money and isn't aimed at children
>>
>>320711794

Yup, I'm definitely mad over here, not laughing my ass off over this whole shit.
>>
>>320711904
Like what? Fighting games? CSGO? MOBAs? Please.

The only correct answer is none. They're fucking games ffs.
>>
>>320676513
>project memer
kill yourself
>>
>>320711712
>he didn't votebot his favorite character
dumb cucks who actually expected to win the ballot would've never won
>>
>>320676513
>The man is incompetent, delusional, only cares about his own interests and needs to go.
stop projecting
>>
I don't even understand the argument "Sakurai wanted Smash 4 cater to casuals". Didn't you have fun with Melee back in the days despite being casual as fuck?
It's not about removing options from the game that makes good players stand out, it's about adding stuff for casuals while keeping the deepness in the game, nothing bad would've happen if they stick to that formula.
>>
>>320711898
>le k rool may may
>posting an ugly cumdumpster along with it

hang yourself stupid shitposter
>>
I've never played a Bayonetta game but she looks great in Smash 4. I'm certainly glad it wasn't a dumb flavor of the week meme like Shovel Knight or Shantae, not that either of them would've placed anywhere noticeable on the ballot anyway.
>>
>>320712313
that implies casuals back in 2001 are the same as casuals now, and even then game critics complained that the melee was too difficult, and those are the people nintendo listens to
>>
>>320712370
>The bitching is a maymay

Rool fags are not only delusional, but in serious denial as well.
>>
>>320712383
But Bayonetta is a dumb flavor of the week meme. The only thing people say against Shovel Knight and Shantae is "bawww indie" as if that makes them any less deserving than Bayonetta, who also has absolutely zero relevance to the gaming industry.
>>
>>320712602
Whatever you have to tell yourself, I frankly don't care, I'm going to be having fun and you can't stop me.
>>
>>320712602
Being the best of the worst doesn't make you relevant to the gaming industry, contrary to what Leddit Knight and Shantae fans may think.
>>
>>320691889
this, this so fucking much
>>
>>320712683
>Being the best of the worst doesn't make you relevant to the gaming industry

Take note of that one, Bayo fans.

>Ryu
>Pac-Man
>Sonic
>Mega Man
>Cloud Strife
>And...Bayonetta

One of these things is not like the others.
>>
>>320712826
Cloud Strife has never had a mainline game on Nintendo consoles.
>>
>>320712826
Cloud?
>>
>>320712826
One of them was chosen by fans?
>>
>I didn't get what I wanted and I'm going to ignore all the good shit that happened I WANT A NEW DIRECTOR

Spoiled

Brat
>>
>>320712826
It's Cloud, he has a sword.
>>
>>320712826

Yeah

Cloud

Whose never appeared in a major game in a Nintendo console

Don't be a prick about it
Bayonetta 2 was fully funded and basically saved and given life by Nintendo

Her appearance isn't outlandish when you consider Snake and Cloud got in
>>
>>320712891
>>320712892
But at least he's still an iconic videogame character, which is one of the primary criteria for non-Nintendo characters if they ever hope to make it in. Bayonetta is not.

>>320712903
According to Sakurai, though Bayonetta seemed like a minority vote to me. You hardly ever heard anything from Bayo supporters prior to that announcement, and then suddenly they come out of the woodwork like they were frontrunners all along.
>>
Shit like this thread is why so many people despise meleefags.
>>
>>320676513
Epic shitposting, just epic

le hackurai meme
>>
>>320713072
>You hardly ever heard anything from Bayo supporters prior to that announcement
You should leave /v/ sometimes.
>>
>>320713072
I think the best part about this is that your outrage amounts to absolutely nothing.
>>
>>320713172
Who wanted Bayo at all? Where did she have a fanbase that was overtaking every other frontrunner? Because I didn't see that anywhere, even outside of /v/.

>>320713194
You can fall back on that if you want, but you know I'm right, no matter how much you say "hurr durr we won so it doesn't matter get in here bros we did it"
>>
>>320712826
Cloud which is an anime swordsman.
>>
>>320713072
>But at least he's still an iconic videogame character
Not to shit on Cloud, he is a good character, but being recognizable to legions of casuals doesn't inherently make you a better third party choice.

>You hardly ever heard anything from Bayo supporters prior to that announcement
Literally Roolfag mentality. Just because you were the lords of your own internet circle jerks in your little hug boxes doesn't mean casuals weren't submitting votes in droves for everyone else. You actually thought your character was extremely popular just because it was talked up every other hour on /v/, Reddit or Smashboards.
>>
People get too caught up in rosterfaggotry, do you even play the games?
>>
>>320713375
Whatever you say, I'll be over here perfectly content while you yell at a wall some more.
>>
>>320713375
Neofaggots seem to want bayonetta. But you are right it's pretty obvious she didn't poll the way they said she did. This was obviously a thing between Sakurai and Kamiya, just as Snake was a thing between Sakurai and Kojima. A shame they felt the need to lie about it.
>>
File: 0012.jpg (53 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
0012.jpg
53 KB, 640x360
>>320713072
>though Bayonetta seemed like a minority vote to me
ok first of all, /v/, leddit and sonygaf aren't good representatives of the 10 million people who bought smash 4

if sakurai wanted bayo in originally, she would be in at launch. it's his fucking game

if nintendo wanted to advertise bayo 2 by putting bayo in, then they wouldn't add her in more than a year later, they would add her in ASAP like corrin, since most of a game's sales occur in the first couple of months of its release

if bayo wasn't at the top or near the top of most voted, then nintendo, namco, and sakurai's company would literally lose money by putting her in, since a character dlc's sales is directly correlated to their popularity
>>
>>320713782
>ok first of all, /v/, leddit and sonygaf aren't good representatives of the 10 million people who bought smash 4
they are at least a somewhat decent sample of the kinds of people who would vote for Bayonetta. Her games had totally mediocre sales, it's incredibly unlikely there was a silent majority of casuals voting for her. If anything those communities would show a bias towards her considering its bias towards no-name characters as a whole.
>>
>>320714126
let's say bayo had 500,000 votes
wolf/banjo/whatever had 1,000,000 votes
dlc sell for $6
would namco and nintendo pass up on 3 million dollars?

somebody had to have voted for her, either people or bots
>>
>>320690017

>Tripping adds another random element to the game so even that bad player may get a hit in sometimes.

A good player will always learn to adapt to the general shittiness of the game in order to win while the bad player will always cry foul whenever he loses.

I say this as a casual myself who plays with other casuals and tripping being gone was one of the main reasons why most of my friends were excited for Sm4sh in the first place when it was first announced.

>if he really wanted to spite tourneyfags he would remove the option to turn off items.

Again, turning off items would harm the casuals more considering that tournyfags are the ones who will experiment and learn how each item works.

I mean, would you believe that Mr. Saturn deals crazy shield damage?

Or that the fan is a shield breaker if you hit with it?

Or even that Peach's downB has a chance of spawning an item if you do it often enough?

A casual will just stop playing once they get KO'd by OHKO bullshit like the dragoon or the gust bellows too many times and will absolutely refuse to adapt to it.

>And to remove mechanics he would have to add them in the first place.

Stuff like perfect landing and one-use directional air dodge has been there since melee.

>The game was using a new engine. Less mechanics makes it easier and faster to develop, and as you know the game was already delayed once.

So the solution to Sakurai misusing his time is to cut content that people used just because it was used by tournyfags and add shit that nobody likes, like tripping and spammable air dodge, just to spite tournyfags?

That doesn't make any fucking sense dude.
>>
>>320690163

>They wouldn't have had an easier time, but winning is more up to luck than to skill.
>Now picture Rainbow Cruise or 75M. It's really easy to just die for almost no reason or because you decided to trip just as that one section you're standing on becomes hazardous. Newbies would die too, but at least they wouldn't get 4-stocked.

This argument falls flat when you consider that tournyfags would know how to manage their risk while a newbie would always flounder at the random shit going on.

I mean, a good player will always kick the snot outta you no matter what random shit you add in to even the odds, it's a fool's errand to try and balance things out by taking options away from the player.
>>
>>320691505

What could new blood possibly do that Sakurai hasn't already done?

I mean seriously, we're talking about a guy who thought tripping was a good idea and refused to put in a stage hazard toggle because he thought that it'd be too much like PSASB or some shit.
>>
>>320691695

Just because a game doesn't have official support doesn't mean that it's necessarily dead, it just means that it'll need the support more than ever to survive.
>>
>>320692047
how can /v/ hate esports? isn't that where we compete?
god damn /v/
>>
>>320716125

/v/ is generally shit at video games and they hate MP games because it exposes them and makes them feel like shit.

The especially hate fighting games since it prevents them from blaming anyone but themselves when they get the shit kicked outta them.
>>
>>320714772
>A good player will always learn to adapt to the general shittiness of the game in order to win while the bad player will always cry foul whenever he loses.
You miss the part where I said it didn't work well?

>Again, turning off items would harm the casuals more considering that tournyfags are the ones who will experiment and learn how each item works.
HAHAHAHA, fucking good one dude.

>Stuff like perfect landing and one-use directional air dodge has been there since melee.
You miss the part about the new engine?

>tripping and spammable air dodge, just to spite tournyfags?
Again, if Sakurai wanted to spite tourneyfags, that's the best he could do? It's his game here and he was asked to cater to the Wii Sports crowd. He could've done just about anything. Didn't people still play it competitively for 2 years in the US? Japan didn't stop playing it competitively until Smash 4 came out.
>>
>>320716348
and here I always thought /v/ would be made up of amazing players who work hard to master their games... where can I find a board of skilled players
>>
>>320716396

>You miss the part where I said it didn't work well?
>HAHAHAHA, fucking good one dude.

Explain how items actually help casuals more than tournyfags?

Keep in mind, melee scene did use items at one point in the very beginning.

>You miss the part about the new engine?

Even if that was an applicable excuse, what does that say about Sakurai when a bunch of modders were able to unfuck Brawl's...everything in almost a fraction of Brawl's dev time?

You can cry "but they didn't build it from scratch" but I'll counter with "he made the game, knows how it played in 64 and melee, and was willing to delay the game for stupid shit that actively made the gameplay worse?"

>Again, if Sakurai wanted to spite tourneyfags, that's the best he could do?

Considering how casual friendly sm4sh turned out to be, it's safe to assume that it'll get worse in 5mash.

>Didn't people still play it competitively for 2 years in the US?

They did, until they realized how garbage the gameplay was and melee was revived with the documentary and its inclusion at EVO.
>>
>>320706473
> It isn't that big and their are plenty of other franchises just as popular as DKC with less characters.

Interesting claim you have there anon.

Fire Emblem
>7 Million in sales
>6 Characters
>1 AT
>1 Mii outfit

Kirby
>36 Million in sales
>3 Characters
>2 ATs
>0 Mii outfit

Kid Icarus
>3 Million in sales
>3 Characters
>2 ATs
>1 Mii outfit

Donkey Kong
>56 Million in sales
>2 Characters
>0 ATs
>1 Mii outfit
>8 Remixes of Jungle Hijinx
>>
>>320716501
dustloop
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.