[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You can't use Mii Fighters online because people may use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: smash_mii_fighter_big[1].jpg (161 KB, 864x486) Image search: [Google]
smash_mii_fighter_big[1].jpg
161 KB, 864x486
You can't use Mii Fighters online because people may use dick faces or Hitler.

but why can't this be circumvented by using the three standard miis as cosmetic replacements? If you choose a Mii during an online match, the mii's face changes to that of one of the three you see in the picture, the "default" mii faces for Smash? Alternately: You see your own Mii, the opponent sees the default Mii.

To those who say it wouldn't work, consider this: If you and your opponent choose the same costume online, your opponent gets darkened so you can tell the difference. However, on your opponents screen, YOU'RE darkened. So it can be proactively changed.
>>
>>320668557
i dont play online much but isn't also balanced around the fact that they have customized movepools?
>>
Am I the only one more hurt by the lack of a decent repeatable classic mode and the shitty selection of stages rather than the roster?
>>
Because using default Miis defeats the purpose of Miis
>>
>>320670142
Doesn't necessarily ruin the game for me but I totally agree with you anon.

>Play Classic mode on high difficulty
>if it's a team battle might as well just reset because the CPU partner literally just does absolutely nothing
>If it's not a one-on-one, just stay on one side of the stage and wait for the other CPUs to kill each other
>If it's a moving stage on 3DS just wait for the retarded AI's to kill themselves
>Did you let the CPU grab the Wind Gun? Too bad, looks like you're fucked :^)
>Half of the new stages between the 3DS and WiiU are stupid-chaotic moving stages where you spend more time just keeping up with the screen and not being cheap killed by moving platform or the stage then actually fighting anybody.
>Turn that shit off the moment you unlock Random Stage Select and just stick to old stages
>Sakurai and Nintendo are still asspained that the Internet exist and that Subspace got leaked and see the knee-jerk reaction of taking it away completely as a valid response despite it making them look unprofessional and childish.
>>
>>320670142
No I hate it too
>>
>>320668557
But you can use Miis online in Tournament mode.
>>
>>320671810
Wow I just realized Smash 4 sucked.
>>
>>320668557
>you can use Miis online in Tournament Mode
>you can use Miis online in Mario Kart 8

There is literally no reason why they can't be used online
>>
>>320670294
You use your Hitler Mii when playing locally
>>
>>320668557
I wish I could play as jackie chan mii online
God fucking dammit nintendo
>>
it's some bullshit about copyright, which doesn't make sense you can use miis online in literally every other game where the option exists and they are your fucking avatar in nintendo's sanctioned integrated forum
>>
>>320670294

Yet removing the option to play as them doesn't?

I mean, what's the point of even making them if you can't use them in the mode that most people will be playing most often?
>>
>can't use Mii in Smash
>use whatever Mii you want in Mario Maker
>>
File: 1408647949101.gif (18 KB, 500x561) Image search: [Google]
1408647949101.gif
18 KB, 500x561
>>320668557
>tfw your main is mii brawler
>>
Smash thread seems like a good place to ask

I need to free up 1gb of space to install the new patch

I don't have 1gb of stuff installed on WiiU excepting Smash bros

HOW TO INSTALL PATCHED?? ? ? ?!??! !?
>>
>>320671810
>Classic on 9.0
>4 team battle
>rival is there
>the two other teams completely ignore the rival the entire match
>>
File: 1376253101016.png (647 KB, 1274x716) Image search: [Google]
1376253101016.png
647 KB, 1274x716
>>320671810
>going against a fucking character with a counter in 9.0 classic
That right there is several loads of fucking bullshit.
>>
>>320684527
Just spam grabs doof

the only hard part of 9.0 is the boss
>>
>>320684743

It's hard to grab when you're being gang-banged by like 4-7 CPUs mate.

Hell, just trying to land a grab means that you're spending less time dodging and grabbing items, so either way, you're still fucked.
>>
>>320670142
What really grinds my gears the completely retarded drop system.

>Hype up the new custom moves feature for the game
>A handful of them are locked behind challenges. No big deal, they're not too hard and typically associated with the character the move is for
>But then the majority of the custom moves are random drops
>There's nearly 400 of them
>You can get duplicates of ones you already have, which are entirely useless
>When you unlock a move through challenges, it gets added to the drop pool. Which means a custom drop can be a useless duplicate of a move only available through a challenge
>Getting them requires you to get a custom drop from any game mode, which then needs to be a custom move instead of a hat, costume, or most likely a badge, which then needs to be for a character you want, which then needs to be a move you want
>There is a small chance for drops to be associated with the character you're currently playing as and characters you fight, but aside from that there is no way to influence the drops
>No way to transfer collections between Wii U and 3DS, so you need to collect the moves you want twice (which also means, by the way, that you can't use a badge you found on 3DS at the same time you want to use a badge you found on Wii U)
>>
File: 1440658777756.jpg (16 KB, 300x378) Image search: [Google]
1440658777756.jpg
16 KB, 300x378
So I bought the Cloud DLC pack but I don't have Cloud unlocked, what gives? The other fighters downloaded just fine.
>>
>>320685480
Make sure your game is actually updated. It's possible to buy Cloud without having an updated game. If this is the case, you'll be fine once you do get the update.
>>
>>320685367
also why even bother with customs if he wasn't gonna give any to DLC characters? The fuck?
>>
File: A WHOLE YEAR.png (98 KB, 551x365) Image search: [Google]
A WHOLE YEAR.png
98 KB, 551x365
>>320668557
>>
>>320668557
I have nothing against Sakurai as a person. I'm sure he's a very nice man and not out to hurt anyone or make his fans sad.

He's had an entire year to fix the multitude of issues with Smash 4 and he hasn't, so the game must play fine according to his personal playstyle, which seems to be "slapfights & pressing random buttons" for all the depth he bothered to add to the combat. The fact that you can live to 170%+ at a pro tourney level is fucking unreal, he needs to crop a big chunk of the blast zones on left and right, cuz nobody ever fucking dies off the side, it's always off the top or a spike
>>
>>320685769
>An entire fucking year of development time was wasted on a stage everybody hates and nobody plays that could have gone into more new, non-clone characters

Somebody please off this subhuman trash.
>>
>>320686207
kids probably loved it because most likely playtesters all played on Time rather than stock, since 2 minute matches are the default for some bizarre reason-- most likely the game was balanced and playtested on just 2 minute matches
>>
>>320671810
>subspace

No anon, subspace was never in Smash for the WiiU. Nothing was developed. Though it would be sick if they made a DLC out of it. Provided it was longer then 10 hours.
>>
>>320668557
Can you REALLY blame them for being nervous though, I mean, look at what happened when Miiverse was unmoderated. Dicks, slurs, and sexual references constantly
>>
>>320686420
No most testers use debug or stock because reproducing a bug can take forever
>>
>>320686189
Samurai will never do that because of his massive hateboner for the competitve community
>Waaah tourney matches are boring because nobody uses all the moves!
>Waaaaah that's not fair that you turn off items and ignore all the other content I worked hard on
>Waaaaah competitive scenes are bad because someone might feel bad if they're not one of the best players in the world!
>WAAAAAH MUH VISION YOU GUYS. STOP PLAYING MY GAME DIFFERENTLY THAN I WANTED
>>
>>320686668
Talking about Brawl, senpai.

Brawl wasn't an International release so nips put a bunch of videos online showing off Subspace cutscenes amongst other reasons. Sakurai cited this specifically as a valid reason to not even bother with a new Subspace or Adventure mode for Smash 4.

>what is the Internet
>what is the customer's right to use a product in any way they want after paying for it
>what is not putting remnants of upcoming content in an update patch

Sakurai has no right being so asshurt about these things when he sets himself up for it.
>>
>>320668557
If they knew Mii Fighters would get Amiibos, couldn't they have given them less shitty default faces? Even the "official" QR Miis on the site are low-effort crap compared to fanmade Miis.

I've seen a billion Geno mii faces and every single one was better than their zero-effort face
>>
>>320686189
He is good for cutting through how fucked Kyoto business culture is but

Even among the Japanese he is known for being extremely condescending
>>
File: 2015-12-18_21.17.47.jpg (786 KB, 1805x891) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-18_21.17.47.jpg
786 KB, 1805x891
>>320677082
>>
>>320685769
>one whole year to make the worst stage in the whole series

bravo.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.