[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you avoid big budget AAA games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: AAA.png (199 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
AAA.png
199 KB, 500x332
do you avoid big budget AAA games?
>>
Of course. Most of them are trash these days. It's not me that has changed, it's the games.
>>
>Gameplay video
>Purchase if it looks like something fresh or interesting
>Don't if not
etc.
>>
I don't avoid them on account of being AAA titles, but few of them interest me.
>>
I don't actively avoid them, but I've never bought one. I'm just completely disinterested in them. Last western made game I bought was Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.
>>
>>320563778
post your collection
>>
>>320562859

Yes, but not out of spite. It's just that easy to avoid because most AAA games lately have been underwhelming.
>>
I pirate them.

If I can't, yes for sure.
>>
>>320562859
The western game industry is 99% dead, i rarely support it. The only western game i know of that I will be purchasing is the new Ratchet and Clank, however, RaC is a living relic from a time before the western video game industry was ruined forever, so it hardly even counts
>>
I can't justify the AAA pricetag on graphics alone and that's pretty much all they have.
>>
>>320562859
I have not encountered a single western AAA game within the past 8 years that I have wanted to play. Oh wait, never mind, Reach came out in 2010. 5 years.
>>
File: 7.gif (987 KB, 229x176) Image search: [Google]
7.gif
987 KB, 229x176
>>320566849
>thinks western games are bad
>likes reach

you cant even make this shit up
>>
>>320566998
>ctrl+f 'bad'
>only posts that mention it are yours and this one right here I just posted
:P
>>
>>320567210
>there is no western game I wanted to play
>because they are all just so good I dont want to experience them

sorry youre a fucking braindead nigger
>>
>>320567351
>implying so hard you can't even put a single sentence from the initial post into your greentext
lmoa.

If you want a serious discussion, I played Reach because as a xbabbie, I played halo 1 and 2 with my friends growing up, and we used to play 3 and eventually Reach all the time. Then real life happened. Also, 343 got a hold of the series. I could have justified halo 5, but
>no splitscreen
so, fuck that. I don't really have much interest in western games other than Halo. Bioware is shit, EA is shit, Ubishit, although I hear Rayman is good, I don't care about platformers
>Activision
I think open-world sandbox games are shallow and uninteresting. What's left?
Also, Dorf Fort isn't AAA. Note this thread is AAA games, and i said WESTERN AA GAMES. Indie games like Dorf Fort, as much as I love them, are 100% irrelevant.
>>
>>320567843
halo 1 2 and 3 were good though. Reach is complete shit that dumbed the game down to make it even more accessible to the masses. Why do you think the pro leagues all fucking dropped it?

I dont care where a game is made or what budget they made it on. I play literally every fucking game I can get my hands on. Even the ones /v/ shits on. How can you say you know what youre talking about if you havent played a triple A game in the last 5 years?
>>
File: wood.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
wood.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
/v/ has the worst taste on the internet.

fact.
>>
>>320568201
Yes, I agree that halo 1-3 were good. Reach was good because forge. Multiplayer custom forge maps were some of the best fun I'd had in Halo. Why do pro leagues get to tell me that I did not have any fun? Were they in my house playing the game with me?

>I dont care where a game is made or what budget they made it on
But that's not the point of this thread. The point of this thread is to discuss avoidance of AAA games.
>How can you say you know what youre talking about if you havent played a triple A game in the last 5 years?
Why do I need to play something to know if it's good or not? if I want to check something out, I have access to billions of Let's Play footage for gameplay, I can just spend 5 minutes watching some scrub bug out FO4 rather than going through the trouble of pirating it, because the demo is a dead art, just to delete it 1 hour later. And unless there's some riveting story (protip: AAA games have dogshit stories, read a book nigger), the gameplay footage is all I need to see.

Also, for some strange reason you >memetexted so hard, you thought I was shitting on western AAA games. I'm not. My original post:
>I have not encountered a single western AAA game within the past 8 years that I have wanted to play.
Just because I don't want to play something doesn't mean it's shit. I could not want to play MGS5 because I haven't played the previous ones, for example. Does that mean, according to you, I just shat all over it?

There hasn't been an AAA western game in the past 5 years that looks like something I'd want to play. That's it. Nothing else.
>>
>>320568901
>le lets play maymay

sorry I stopped reading there. Enjoy mediocrity
>>
>>320569009
>WAAAH I got BTFO so hard I can't come up with a proper rebuttal, better memepost harder!
m8 come on, if you just want to shitpost there's a twitter thread on the front page here:
>>320542081
and fallout 4 here >>320534443

If you don't want to shitpost, explain to me what I gain from torrenting FO4, installing it, playing it for an hour, then uninstalling it, when I could watch 5 minutes of GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE, note that key word, it doesn't even have to be a let's play, and figure out I don't want to play the game.

Why are you so defensive about this? You're like that one fucker that defended Rise or Risen or whatever to the death, but there's no specific game you're even trying to defend.
>>
>>320562859
>AAA

this needs to stop

being big budget does not make a game good
>>
I don't intentionally avoid them, I just have no interest in playing most of them. The few that do catch my interest end up being incredibly disappointing.
>>
>>320569349
>he just wanted to shitpost
aw.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>320562859
You broke the conditioning
>>
No, i love Arkham Knight. Hyped by Season of Infamy.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.