[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: bain.png (12 KB, 760x136) Image search: [Google]
bain.png
12 KB, 760x136
Is he right?
>>
Yes. For a consumer, the only purpose to an exclusive is to justify the purchase of a shitbox. Even then, the existence of exclusives means unless you own every single platform (which is both expensive and annoying) you cannot play all games.
>>
>>320558697
>Lack of choices
poorfag can't afford to be idort
Is he going to cry because games aren't free too?
>>
File: 1449690789749.jpg (28 KB, 586x546) Image search: [Google]
1449690789749.jpg
28 KB, 586x546
>>320558697
All I see is the ramblings of a soon-to-be-corpse, OP.
>>
>>320558697
Competition is healthy for a growing market.
Company A wants to inspire to make a game as good as Company B if Company B has an exclusive game that people want.
>>
File: 1445744579911.jpg (547 KB, 2448x1836) Image search: [Google]
1445744579911.jpg
547 KB, 2448x1836
>>320558912
He has everything, I think.

His core audience is /r/pcmasterrace-posters, even if he sees an amazing looking exclusive, he's hardly going to openly get excited about it for fear of losing views.
>>
>>320559080
Could explain, don't really care about that dude.
If that's the case he's probably going to ignore that games never almost never release outside of windows and Steam
>>
>>320559038
Except that only nintendo develop their own games in house. 2nd or 3rd party devs don't really have an incentive to develop games to shift consoles. Having all games on one platform would be much more beneficial. The market would still be competitive anyway.
>>
Exclusives suggest better quality due to focusing all resources on a single version of the game.

Of course, that seems less true as time goes on.
>>
>>320559038

>I'm happy to buy 5 dvd players to watch all my movies

Exclusives aren't the safety net of competiton you idiot
>>
Platform exclusive games are always higher quality than multiplatform games.
>>
>>320558697
The Kojima announcement was not about the game being a PS4 exclusive. Kojima's next game was already going to be a PS4 exclusive. But like most PC gamers, Totalbiscuit manages to find things to whine about in even the best of situations, just because it doesn't cater to him.
>>
Some games only get made cause a company took the risk by funding it or helping to fund it.
and of course if that company is sony, microsoft, orr nitnendo they'll keep it exclusive to their platform.
So you should be happy they made the game exist in the first place, fuck off you ignorant pcucks
>>
>>320559023
/thread
>>
>>320558912
>being retarded

the devs are literally fucking themselves over.
>less exposure
>smaller customer base
>WAY WAY WAY less money

Only the platforms benefit from people being forced to buy the platform to play a handful of games in the final year or 2 of the consoles life. Only retarded mouth breathing fanboys even think they are worthwhile
>>
>>320559319

Then why is red dead redemption the greatest game of last gen?
>>
>>320559479
What are you even basing this on? You can't make a generalization like that
>>
You fags told me he was dying what the hell
Still waiting
>>
>>320559614
He is
In like 5 years or more
>>
>>320559479

You're suggesting that halo 5 is a great game? A game being exclusive doesn't mean the design choices won't be terrible. It might just run a few fps higher than a multiplat. You're wrong and stupid and your opinion is terrible
>>
>>320559298
On PC you have Intel, AMD and Nvidia competing for parts with infinite hardware choices. And then Valve create SteamBox because PC is too hard.
On consoles you have sony, MS and nintendo competing for all in a box console.
There's competition everywhere.
>>
>>320559319
Indeed.

Although it's not like PC games are always optimized, there's still the possibility of simply brute forcing it. Consoles don't really have that. These days there can be a performance patch somewhere down the line for consoles as well, but as a rule if a game runs badly on console then it'll always run badly.
>>
being exclusive is not inherently bad. It can lead to a much higher quality game since you only have to develop for one system, compared to two or three (or an infinite number on PC, since you can't plan for every kind of computer setup) which means you can optimize it for that platform quite well.

Whether or not the average developer will do that though is an entirely different matter.
>>
This coming from the guy who was celebrating xcom2 being PC exclusive, he's not wrong but he is a massive hypocritical faggot
>>
>>320558845
>which is both expensive and annoying

spoken like a true poorfag
>>
>>320559023
Just like every single piece of information on the internet?
>>
>>320559843
>infinite number
You have no idea what you're talking about do you?
>>
>>320559843

>It can lead to a much higher quality game since you only have to develop for one system

Why do you people keep saying this? Plenty of exclusives are terrible and plenty of multiplats are good. There doesn't seem to be any basis for this supposed correlation thst keeps being spouted in this thread
>>
typical pcuck
>>
>>320558697
I see nothing wrong with console makers creating their own, exclusive games.

>lack of choice
You have more choices now than ever because everything is AAA multiplat garbage. Never before have two consoles been so utterly redundant, there's no reason to own both a PS4 and Xbone (or either because PC has the same shit too) because they share 95% of their games already.

Good exclusives mean I'm buying your console, multiplats mean I'm not and I'm playing on the best platform.
>>
>>320559567
>less exposure
Not if your audience is on one console, see: the whole japanese market
>less money
Nintendo proves you wrong
>>
>>320559080
>>320559243

Well, that's his business model. He has been talking about PC games almost exclusively since his WoW days.

He does have all the platforms and he did say he enjoyed Bloodborne just fine, he just said he didn't cover it on the channel exactly because his main public is PC exclusive.
>>
>>320559860
Its good because we know it isn't dumbed down for consoles.
>>
Raising someone elses son is only cheered by betas and the spawn-owners themselves. We dont cheer for lack of choice
>>
>>320559843
>It can lead to a much higher quality game since you only have to develop for one system
Multiplats will have a higher budget to allow for this though
>>
What did he mean by this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh2Tevkj2nQ
>>
>>320558697
I see where he's coming from but if it's a good exclusive then of course you should be happy to own a console/pc its on
>>
>>320560060
oh mario maker made more than fallout 4 did it?
>>
>>320558697

He's assblasted because he bought the Xbox instead of Playstation

He'll get no sympathy from me. For a guy who is supposed to be involved in gaming, he certainly ought to know better. Since he didn't know better, we can confirm he's just a casual piece of shit that doesn't really play games, but just shits his pants and cries about them on Twitter
>>
>>320559023
You could say that about anything someone has written or said.
>>
>>320559975
>AAA multiplat run like shit
>Niche exclusive run flawlessly
>Niche multiplat run like shit everywhere because they don't have 500 people working for 3 years to make it work
>>
>>320560060
>Nintendo proves you wrong
So many people who don't have a wii u would have bought smash, splatoon etc if it had been on other platforms. They could have made even more money. They are successful despite the fact that their games are exclusives, not because of it.
>>
>>320559860

He wasn't exactly celebrating, he was just happy because it's an strategy game and the PC exclusivity will allow the devs to make the game better suited for PC, with better UI, more buttons, more precise controls, better native resolutions and mod support.

Also it's not like Xcom didn't give the consoles a try, they just didn't buy the game.
>>
>>320559732
Halo 5 is garbage because it's a stripped-down shell of what Halo used to be.

It's missing any sort of offline functionality beyond solo campaign, the campaign is fucking 4 hours long and nothing happens, LAN is gone and the new gametype they're pushing features microtransactions. Halo stuck around for years because it was accessible and fun.

You could bring your console to a friend's house and play with multiple people, you could play online, you could make your own maps, you could set up huge LAN parties, etc. Half of Halo's features are just flat-out gone or are now being held hostage behind the gold paywall.
>>
>>320559023
Fuck off, you wanker
>>
>>320560038
>I see nothing wrong with console makers creating their own, exclusive games.
What is wrong with allowing more people to play those games though? You wouldn't be hurt by multiplats
>Good exclusives mean I'm buying your console
Exactly, without exclusives you wouldn't have to buy more than one system
>>
>>320560260

He has all the modern platforms. He said so many times in podcasts and several tweets
>>
File: 1446917119091.png (209 KB, 396x394) Image search: [Google]
1446917119091.png
209 KB, 396x394
>>320558697

>yfw he is the one behind the "Bring it to PC" petitions on Change.org

Pathetic. Maybe if he got off his fat ass and got a real job he could buy a PS4 like every other normal fucking American person
>>
>>320559970
>not creating games for voodoo cards from the last century.
>not creating games for the vacuum tube computers decades past.
>>
>>320560314
>honestly considered buying a wii to get MK and smash games

I just cant justify paying 300 to play 2 games. Its fucking retarded
>>
>>320558697
Why is video game punditry so low level? Is it because only manchildren care about these people?

This is economy 101, competitive market 101, "what is killer app" 101, "why this fictional world doesn't exist" 101 etc 101.
>>
File: Exclusive_152605_794145.jpg (106 KB, 578x712) Image search: [Google]
Exclusive_152605_794145.jpg
106 KB, 578x712
>>320558912
>>
>>320560238
It being exclusive isn't benefiting you at all really
>>
>>320560314
>So many people who don't have a wii u would have bought smash, splatoon etc if it had been on other platforms
Doubtful, considering games like those never show up on other consoles at all and the ones that do don't sell particularly well.
>They are successful despite the fact that their games are exclusives, not because of it.
Nope, their exclusives made them a household name.
>>
File: 1450016163424.jpg (112 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1450016163424.jpg
112 KB, 1280x853
>>320559023
Cold like the grave.
>>
>>320560415
>thinking tb doesn't own a ps4
>thinking he doesn't own every console and handheld
you're so retarded it's not even funny to make fun of you
>>
Are people really cheering for the fact it's exclusive? Seems like people just celebrate the fact that Kojima has opened his own studio and is working on a new game.
>>
>>320560287
You can have a niche game that runs well on multiple platforms, and a AAA game that runs like shit on one platform
>>
>>320560470
>average console user
>>
I hope that one day in the not-so-distant future, all games will be available on the PC so I don't have to waste my time unboxing my consoles for their yearly good games.
>>
File: 1369742681924.png (685 KB, 1321x1080) Image search: [Google]
1369742681924.png
685 KB, 1321x1080
>>320558697
Absolutely, except if the original game has to be downgraded in any form to be ported to another platform.
>>
>>320560550
If he owns them all then what is he crying about?

Other people's problems? You think he really cares about the Xbox crowd and their crybaby bullshit? Why would anyone care about what other gamers are crying over?

Clearly, he doesn't have a PS4
>>
>>320560547
>Doubtful,
would X game sell more by being on 3 platforms instead of 1?
DOUBTFUL
ANON HAS SPOKEN THE TRUTH
>>
File: Recettear-Capitalism.png (162 KB, 482x600) Image search: [Google]
Recettear-Capitalism.png
162 KB, 482x600
If the company uses their money to develop a game for their console i don't see how that a problem, if they don't make it exclusive the competitor will make exclusives and now there is no reason to buy the one with no exclusives, just deal with it fucking commies.
>>
>>320560567
Yes morons are
>>
>>320560567
Aside from shitposters on here, nope. People were universally excited for Kojima's return, but people were getting pissy when they thought it might be a legitimate PS4 exclusive.
>>
>>320560547
>Doubtful, considering games like those never show up on other consoles at all and the ones that do don't sell particularly well.
There is huge demand for smash, but not many people have a wii u, because it isn't worth buying a console for a handful of good exclusives. I'm sure even people in this thread would agree. If smash was on PC it would sell a shit ton.
>Nope, their exclusives made them a household name.
Their games made them a 'household name', not the fact that their games were exclusive.
>>
>people really acting like a game reviewer and youtube personality didn't have an extra 400 bucks to shell out for another console
are you retards serious? he obviously has all the consoles
>>
>>320558697
Nope, I own everything bar a Vita, so not only does it not bother me - I get to enjoy all the poorfag's tears that can't play it

If it was fully funded then it's also their product and they can do whatever they want with it; it wouldn't exist without them in any form. Shit is like telling parents they're holding their own child hostage. It really isn't fucking hard to understand

TB is just mad he spent he spent literally thousands of dollars on GPU's alone instead of his cancer treatment
>>
This guy makes lot's of money, barely has to do anything to make it (upload gameplay videos with commentary of his ignorant opinions on videogames over it after the fact, so hard, that deserves thousands of dollars a month)
And he's bitching about not being able to play a game on a platform he can easily go buy
>>
>>320558697

He's not right. Many of these "exclusives" are at least made to run on their respective machines. In Nintendo's case they usually actually make use of some of their fun gimmicks.
>>
>>320560629
as long as you keep buying the consoles that's not gonna happen, retard
>>
>>320558697
>we
>>
>>320558697
Between consoles, which are already fairly similar, I agree that it is better for the consumer to have multiplats.

But bring PC and other non-similar devices into the equation and the variables between primary input method and technical capabilities mean that increasing amounts of development time has to be put in to accommodate each platform.

What happens when we put a flight sim on console or mobile? We either have to simplify the controls for the limited range of inputs or remove features to make it better suited to the limitations of the new platforms. Sure we could try to develop a middleground solution using menus or button combinations in order to squeeze out the extra necessary inputs we need to match our original platform but that's taking away from development time we could use to better serve the bulk of our intended users.

Not that TB is particularly worth listening to when it comes to being a consumer, Like many journalists he doesn't have to purchase many of his games.
>>
>>320558697
Companies need incentives to give themselves an edge over their competitors. Exclusives are a perfectly reasonable method to do this.

Timed exclusives are absolutely retarded though. If you can't commit to full exclusivity, just don't fucking do it.
>>
File: 1450244057783.gif (2 MB, 200x151) Image search: [Google]
1450244057783.gif
2 MB, 200x151
>>320558697
Nope. Cross-platform titles often need to made concessions to fit across all intended platforms. This can reduce the quality of a game. See: Supcom 2.
>>
>>320560676
>Other people's problems?
Yes
>Clearly, he doesn't have a PS4
Are you retarded? He is a multi-millionaire, he has played games on PS4, and has said he has a PS4
>>
>>320560410
>What is wrong with allowing more people to play those games though?
Video games are a business, Sony isn't going to spend their money developing a game and then hand it to Nintendo to release on their competing platforms as well.
>Exactly, without exclusives you wouldn't have to buy more than one system
>Have to
But I don't mind buying different consoles, I like the diversity and variation I get from owning different platforms. I get a different experience playing Nintendo's console than I do playing something on my PC or on another console. Having one device would make things too homogeneous and would not facilitate the explosion of creativity you somehow think it would.

So until you can figure out how to stop the video game industry from operating like any other business on the face of the planet does, you're shit out of luck.
>>
>>320560864
>journalists

He isn't one
>>
>>320560676
he's talking about the principle of exclusives and nintendo/sony/ms keeping devs on a leash
>>
>>320560818
>only YOU can kill consoles
Individually we don't matter
>>
>>320560976
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply he was one, just that they have the same problem.
>>
>>320560482
It benefits you to own the console its on if its a good game. Because how else would you play it
>>
>>320560708
The point is that consumers have no reason to celebrate the fact that a game is exclusive.
>>
Only on /v/ would you find people who separate the poorfags and the richfags by literally one grand because everyone is broke here.

He has all the consoles.
>>
>>320558697
I used to enjoy John's content back in 2010 when he mostly made WoW videos. Since he's morphed into this super-political ringleader of the most fucking retarded movement the internet has ever seen - PCMR - I can't tolerate anything he says.

He's constantly making decrees to his idiotic PCMR followers:
>Never preorder
>Exclusives are bad, no exceptions
>No fun whatsoever can be had at 30fps
>PC is the only valid platform to game on
>blah blah blah

He used to make such chill content like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhPOea_iMJQ

He's just totally lost the plot nowadays and panders to the worst parts of the PC gaming community. It's really sad, but whatever, he's so hateful and fundamentalist now I can't sympathise with him
>>
>>320560789
>I get to enjoy all the poorfag's tears that can't play it
cunt
>>
cry more
>>
>>320561082
I'm also pretty sure he buys most of his games as and never had one of those fancy Steam accounts.
>>
>>320558697
That's funny, because that's the opposite of what he said about Bayonetta 2.
>>
>>320560864

>But bring PC and other non-similar devices into the equation and the variables between primary input method and technical capabilities mean that increasing amounts of development time has to be put in to accommodate each platform.

Not really. You just have to take in account a Kb+M input and the average controller input for game development, unless you have some niche title that requires an specific controller like guitar hero.

Or, to make your point moot, just make the control scheme configurable. Now you can play with your fucking dreamcast bass fishing rod and put in your own inputs.
>>
>>320560792
>And he's bitching about not being able to play a game on a platform he can easily go buy
He is bitching about other people's problems, for their benefit, not his own. It doesn't make sense for him to be complaining personally, since he has a ps4. How can you people not understand this?
>>
>>320559038
This

Oh man Sony's Bloodborune game sure is a system seller we should strive to make a game just as good so people can buy our Xbone!

This is healthy

>>320559435
When DVD player makers start getting movie licensing agreements so that DVD releases are exclusive for specific devices then you can talk
>>
>>320561203
Are you seriously defending pre-ordering

what the shit is wrong with neo-/v/
>>
>>320561276
Got a link senpai?
>>
>>320560870

They could just make a better console than their oponnent.
>>
>>320560864
>What happens when we put a flight sim on console or mobile
Who said anything about mobile? Bullshit argument
>>
>>320561276
A game that couldn't have existed without Nintendo's funny money?
>>
>>320560415
>Buying a 429.00 USD console that only has one (1) game worth buying.
no thanks
>>
>>320561410
That would be too expensive.
>>
>>320560192
Explains a whole bunch about why that sub is so disgusting and toxic. It's only a few steps up from coontown
>>
>>320561317
He's doing it for approval from his viewers, the young and the poor who don't have access to all platforms.
>>
>>320561147
>people on this board think they are rich cunts because they own all platforms
>they have empty bank accounts
>they have no life savings
>they are renting a flat

young people have no idea about money and I honestly hope all those faggots break their fucking leg and cant work for 8 months. They will end up on the streets sucking cock for food
>>
>>320560952
>Are you retarded? He is a multi-millionaire, he has played games on PS4, and has said he has a PS4

Then why is he crying about "lack of choice" on Twitter?

Would it make him happier to play this on Xbox One? It seems like he actually has a preference, because he's doing a whole lot of crying over not having the game on Xbox. Must be a massive Xboxfag
>>
>>320561317
because consolefaggotry is fucking huge on /v/

they seriously think that everyone is as poor as they are and that people with actual jobs can't afford an extra 400 dollars over the courage of 5 years and so they just assume that if you hate exclusives you must be a ps4/xbone/vita/3dsfag
>>
File: umaru chan 2.jpg (56 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
umaru chan 2.jpg
56 KB, 848x480
I am a Mexican idort so i don't give a fuck

But exclusives are important, who would fucking buy Nintendo consoles if it wereren't for exclusives?
>>
>>320561203
>Never preorder

This is all true. Care to explain why it is not?
>>
>>320561317
And certain exclusive games wouldn't exist without nintendo or sony's or microsoft's funding, unless it's a timed exclusive that would exist anyway and some company just paid them to time it on their console.
So celebrate the fact nintendo paid for the development of bayonetta 2, cause otherwise it wouldn't exist on any platform
Celebrate Bloodborne got funded by Sony, otherwise it wouldn't exist on any platforrm
And pc isn't going to make game's exist, who's gonna fund the development? gabe? lel no
>>
>>320560767
>There is huge demand for smash, but not many people have a wii u
It's on 3DS as well and has sold twice as many copies there.

>If smash was on PC it would sell a shit ton.
Smash is already on PC, It's called Project M and emulation. Most "serious" players prefer Melee/PM to the new one anyway, so I'd argue most of the audience on PC wouldn't want to shell out $60 for Smash 4 when they already have PM for free, and they like it a lot more.

>Their games made them a 'household name', not the fact that their games were exclusive.
In order to play their, games, people had to buy the platform. Yes, making their games exclusive solidified them as a household name. People liked the games, but if they had been on all other platforms the Nintendo brand as a whole likely would not have grown nearly as much as it did/has. The NES, GB and SNES were successful because they had exclusives, not because they shared titles with Sega's console.
>>
>>320559863
No one ever got rich by spending lots of money
>>
>>320560972
>Video games are a business, Sony isn't going to spend their money developing a game and then hand it to Nintendo to release on their competing platforms as well.
It doesn't benefit you or anyone else, it benefits sony. Why do you care about some companies profits? They don't care about you.
>But I don't mind buying different consoles
So you would buy different consoles if they all had identical games? There would be no point anyway, since you would just buy everything on PC
> I get a different experience playing Nintendo's console than I do playing something on my PC
How
>explosion of creativity
Not saying that, only that it would save us money
>>
>>320560549
hi /s/
>>
>>320559023
Aren't we all?
>>
>>320561472
Not everything is a vain attempt to garner more youtube bucks man.

Christ you fucks are paranoid.
>>
yes, they clearly only exist to sell consoles. the games themselves are doomed to death, regardless of quality. hell if the original xbox 360 was the only version ever made in about 5 years all of them would be broken.
>>
>>320561098
But if it was a multiplat it would be on every platform
>>
>>320561337

>When DVD player makers start getting movie licensing agreements so that DVD releases are exclusive for specific devices then you can talk

Way for the point to fly right over your head. It wouldn't happen because it's retarded. It only happens in video games because the market is so young it has no concept of consumer interest, so they defend the nickel and dining practices of their favorite companies
>>
>>320561203
>defending preorders
>defending frame cap
this is such a shit board
>>
Kind of.

It sucks having to limit your choices based on what platform you have, but competition is pretty important, and we need it.
>>
>>320561681
Haahahaha. Fucking hell.
>>
>>320561203
>content

Motherfucker it's a video.
>>
>>320561431
This applies to almost all of Nintendo's exclusives, I don't see how you can fault a console maker for creating games only for the console they're making. It makes absolutely zero sense for them to spend their time and money developing games for their competition.
>anti-consumer blah blah blah
The alternative is often that the game doesn't get made at all if it's not exclusive.
>>
>>320561740
If sony funded 100% of lionsgate's next movie then it be fine for it to be exclusive to Sony Blu-ray Players.

The analogy doesn't work.
>>
>>320558697
Completely.
>>
>>320561540
>Smash is already on PC, It's called Project M and emulation. Most "serious" players prefer Melee/PM to the new one anyway, so I'd argue most of the audience on PC wouldn't want to shell out $60 for Smash 4 when they already have PM for free, and they like it a lot more.
people would literally throw money at nintendo for official supported games on PC like smash and mario kart, add some paid skins, alt costumes, map packs and nintendo is losing a whole lotta money
>>
>>320561136
Bullshit, why should i not celebrate i'm getting a new game for my console of choice? Why shouldn't i celebrate the company that owns said console is making a game i want to play? I should feel bad for other people that don't have the same console i have? Am i hurting his feelings if i'm having fun with my exclusives? If he wants a product he should buy the meanings to enjoy that product, am i wrong? I'm happy with my product as a costumer, why should i give a fuck if someone else is not happy with his product?
>>
>>320561520
They're all stated as unbreakable rules with no exceptions and his followers parrot it all over the internet without an ounce of critical thought. There's other sides to each of those rules, but PCMRs aren't usually interested in hearing about it or aren't mature enough to realise there's always two sides to things

Preorders are useful for people with slow internet connections (such as myself) so they can preload games. In the age of 40-50GB games, preorders are a blessing.

Exclusives are sometimes good because frequently it's the difference between games not being made or being exclusive (SFV, all the upcoming Oculus Games, etc)

60fps is preferable to 30fps always, but 30fps is fine

Saying PC is only the valid platform to game on is self-evidently autistic, I shouldn't need to explain it

Totalbiscuit's current audience is young and stupid as fuck, I'm disappointed he's sunk so low
>>
>>320561337
>When DVD player makers start getting movie licensing agreements so that DVD releases are exclusive for specific devices then you can talk

What is Blu-Ray?
>>
>>320558697
No. When it's not an exclusive then shit like console parity comes into play. A game shouldn't suffer just so that "everyone should be able to play" it fags can be happy.
>>
>>320560317
The point is he was happy it was a PC exclusive. He only gets asspained whenever something he wants doesn't come to pc
>>
>>320561681
reminder that people on /v/ legitimately think the illuminati is funding a multi-game, multi-site viral marketing campaign over the past 10 years to empower SJWs and the indie market because Undertale won a game poll

people on here legitimately believe that
>>
>>320559023
Like any of us, you mean?
>>
>>320561559
I think a lot of people have actually.
>>
>>320561484
>Must be a massive Xboxfag
You have no idea who we're talking about, do you?
>>
Why does TotalBiscuit care if Kojima's game is exclusive?

It's not like he will be playing it on any platform.
>>
>>320561875
an outright upgrade to DVD...

Are you honestly retarded like not jokingly /v/ retarded but legitimately retarded and have learning disabilities?
>>
>>320561925
Why are you falling for memeposting?
>>
Exclusive games kind of suggest a higher budget without being bloated.
>>
>>320561965
>Why does TotalBiscuit care if Kojima's game is exclusive?

Because he REALLY REALLY wanted to play it on his Xbox One or Wii-U apparently, even though he owns a PS4

I don't buy this whole bullshit story that he's sticking up for other people.
>>
MN9 failed because it's multiplatform and not steam exclusive like at the start.
Had they put all the money on a steam exclusive we would have had a good game
>>
>>320561965
Of course he'll still play it, he'll just not mention it on Twitter because it would enrage his religiously anti-console audience
>>
>>320561540
>It's on 3DS as well and has sold twice as many copies there.
And it could sell even more if it was on PC
>Smash is already on PC, It's called Project M and emulation. Most "serious" players prefer Melee/PM to the new one anyway, so I'd argue most of the audience on PC wouldn't want to shell out $60 for Smash 4 when they already have PM for free, and they like it a lot more.
Most people aren't willing to get into project M, they just want to play the new game like everyone else.
>In order to play their, games, people had to buy the platform. Yes, making their games exclusive solidified them as a household name. People liked the games, but if they had been on all other platforms the Nintendo brand as a whole likely would not have grown nearly as much as it did/has. The NES, GB and SNES were successful because they had exclusives, not because they shared titles with Sega's console.
Their games being exclusive didn't benefit anyone except them, so why are you defending them? They would have become popular by now without exclusives easily
>>
File: ignorant.gif (3 MB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
ignorant.gif
3 MB, 400x200
>>320561925
>im the same guy that still hasnt playued FO4 and think you kill your son or nuke boston
>>
>>320561965
Are you implying that there are no video games in Heaven?
>>
>>320562041
its not m8

people on /v/ are just that dumb

anywhere else on the internet and I would assume it was a joke. Not here.
>>
>>320561559
Isn't that how the stock market and gambling works? Not a good way to do it but people have done it.
>>
>>320561415
Why? He says 'Regardless of platform'. It was the most extreme comparison but demonstrates how far the platform differences can go. The limited inputs is why many games wouldn't work well on mobile and the same holds true for niche titles that were born on PC where input variety isn't limited to a controller, a wheel or a waggly stick.
>>
>>320561621
>So you would buy different consoles if they all had identical games?
I don't own a PS4 or Xbone because they have no exclusives I want. I have a PC. I buy consoles when they have games I want. When there are several near-identical products out there, typically one thrives while the others fade away. Whereas with three similar products that fill a similar role but in a slightly different way compete, there can be room for everyone as all products offer something their competition does not. Competition encourages creativity and forward-thinking, it encourages innovation.

>E-e-everyone should make everything for everyone!
Again, the solution is to somehow stop the video game industry from operating as any other business on the planet would, so good luck with that one, Champ. Exclusives are fewer and further between than they've ever been, so I don't know what you're bitching about. PS4/Xbone are as homogeneous as any two consoles have ever been.
>>
File: 1438102093816.gif (503 KB, 648x300) Image search: [Google]
1438102093816.gif
503 KB, 648x300
>>320558697
>I hate when companies compete with eachother

When companies compete it is always a win for the consumer.
Do you think Bloodborne would have been made if it couldn't have been a Sony exclusive? Some of the best games out there are exclusives, and they probably wouldn't exist if all games existed on all platforms.
Major publishers like Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo would have much less motivation to pump out games directly from them.
>>
Yes. I don't give a shit when a PC game gets a console release. I just want the fucking games on PC.

I don't understand why people who enjoy consoles get buttblasted when other people want their favorite console's games on other platforms.
>>
>>320561965
how do you know this is about kojima?
>>
>>320562212
Much like most of the GG fiasco, right? Take a break from 4chan anon.
>>
>>320561845
If exclusives didn't exist we would only have to buy one platform
>why should i give a fuck if someone else is not happy with his product
You're a bit of a cunt
>>
You literally lose nothing by going PC only
>>
>>320562334

Keep up dude

this twitter rant all started when Kojima announced his deal with Sony
>>
File: 1447819448000.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447819448000.jpg
126 KB, 1280x720
Never seen him bitch about Nintendo or Xbox exclusives.
In fact, he always awards console of the year to Nintendo, because of it's exclusives.
Seriously, TB, just admit that you can't stand Sony.
>>
>>320562302
>I don't understand why people who enjoy consoles get buttblasted when other people want their favorite console's games on other platforms.

I have zero problem. If you care about core gaming east or west the number one priority is getting the best ROI possible for the games we like.

We're all on the same ship here and it is taking on a lot of water.
>>
>>320558697
Some games only exist because they were funded to be an exclusive in some sense
See Street Fighter V
>>
>>320562383
just any game worth playing is all. enjoy your retro indie games about homosexuality and furfaggotry
>>
I always wondered why there isn't some singular machine that can play all games.PC ain't the answer either, since not all games work on all PCs depending on your graphics card or your OS or whatever.

Imagine how much easier it would be if there was just ONE machine per generation that games could be played on. No more console wars and everyone has access to every game. You could judge games based on their merits, not on their console.

There would still be competition, since if you want a game to succeed it has to be good enough to stand out from literally every single game from here on. Imagine have Smash Bros and Playstation All Stars had to be on the same machine. Do you think Sony would of made the game differently to compete?
>>
>>320562290
>Sony competes with Microsoft by dooming games to low sales
nice
>>
Seems AssCancerMan has decided to spend his last few years crying about exclusives.
Truly the masterrace of our time.
>>
multiplatform games are trash designed to run on lowest common denominator hardware.

if you take a console exclusive and fix it up to play on a different platform you're ruining the game. PS3 games are the best looking games from last gen specifically because they were built with one platform in mind. If The Last of Us had to run on the Wii it would look and play like shit. Just look at that broken version of Guilty Gear PC users got last week.
>>
>>320562136
Why not? That's how he makes his money, by being pro consumer and making videos to inform the consumer. Sure it can all be hogwash and he really doesn't care, but for someone who doesn't care he really stuck with it.
>>
>>320561840
>nintendo is losing a whole lotta money
Kay, keep telling yourself that.

Nintendo releasing stuff on other platforms means Nintendo is downsizing and is not producing what they would if they had their own platform. It means Nintendo doesn't have the control they want, they do not have the final say on what gets made and how it gets made. It means Nintendo is a publisher and nothing more, it means whatever the platform holder says goes.
>>
>>320562497
>Bloodborne
>low sales
Wew lad
>>
>>320561559
>>320561934
>>320562223

>No one ever got rich by spending lots of money on themselves
fixed
>>
>>320558697
Yeah no.
Can you imagine if the SNES and Genesis had the exact same libraries? The PS1 and N64?

Exclusives have always been an important part of gaming.
>>
>>320562419
>keep up
I dont care about eceleb controversies but didnt kojima announce that like 2 days ago?

>>320562383
but you do. You miss out on the chad and mainstream market as well as all the kids whos mommies still buy them games
>>
>>320562275
>Whereas with three similar products that fill a similar role but in a slightly different way compete, there can be room for everyone as all products offer something their competition does not.
Imagine how much better things would be if consoles didn't exist

>E-e-everyone should make everything for everyone!
Not what I said
>Again, the solution is to somehow stop the video game industry from operating as any other business on the planet would, so good luck with that one, Champ.
I only said that was the best case scenario, not that it was feasible. Also, you talk like a cunt
>>
>>320562452
Poor example my friend. Thinking Capcom would never make another Street Fighter without Sony's money is insane.
>>
>>320562586
>bloodborne sold more than FO4

whatever helps you sleep fanboy
>>
>>320562587
Doesn't going to school and do paid training count as spending money on yourself?
>>
>>320562657
>I dont care about eceleb controversies but didnt kojima announce that like 2 days ago?

Yes

We were sitting here, enjoying the good news, when it was brought to our attention that this cancer-ridden fuckboy had a problem with Kojima and his goals, because "muh Xbox"
>>
>>320561840
Nintendo isn't losing money. They are just not making that much money. There's a difference.
>>
>>320562587
what is a gold digger
>>
>>320562649
>Can you imagine if the SNES and Genesis had the exact same libraries? The PS1 and N64?
Then there would be only one console. Better for everyone, they would buy one system to play every game. Now, there would only be PC if exclusives didn't exist, so again, better for everyone.
>>
>>320562753
Sold more on one platform than Dark Souls did across 3
>>
>>320561520
>Never preorder
He's right in this, especially when it comes to digital storefronts

Literally the only people saying that are people angry that the game didn't come out on the platform they like.

Let's compare Rise of the Tomb Raider with Street Fighter V and XCOM 2

The reason Tomb Raider got such a backlash over exclusivity was because the game was going to be on Xbox One, a console that thanks to Microsoft bad decision of adding Always-on DRM ended up gaining the hate of the entire internet.

Now let's look at SFV, which was released for PS4 and PC, but skipped Xbox One, most people didn't get angry, because the Xbox One was fairly unpopular at the time among the core community, so no real loss.

Same with XCOM 2, It's going to be a PC exclusive, but you don't see anyone complaining, mostly because they favor the PC as a gaming platform over the Xbox or the PS4.

He's pretty much over blowing it with this, as someone who played games like Red Dead Redemption, Vanquish, The Last of Us and GTA V when they released on console, they were quite playable, and rarely got any drops.

It's when the framerate is really unstable and starts hitting 15-20 and below that it gets annoying (See Fallout 4 on Xbox One).

Subjectivity in all It's glory. The only unvalid gaming platform has always been mobile (Because the interface in those devices doesn't allow for more than simple casual games or cash grab-ville games).
>>
>>320562457
>believing this

Also last time I checked they were porting this dumb shit onto console for double and triple the price
>>
>>320558697
>company funds a game's development
>they shouldn't be allowed to lay down stipulation for THEIR investment

Fuck off, retard. Die of ass cancer already.
>>
>>320562267
If exclusives didn't exist, consoles would have no reason to exist and everything would be on PC. Problem solved
>>
>>320562208
>Are you implying that there are no video games in Heaven?

Twitter ragers that tell people to get cancer and die don't go to heaven
>>
>>320562847
because dark souls is a fucking meme game that only recently got a lot of attention. If DS 3 doesnt outsell BB Ill eat my own shit
>>
>>320562753
Good job proving you're stupid.
>>
It makes sense to develop exclusives only if you expect that the competing platforms can't handle the technical requirements that you want.

PS4 vs Xbone exclusives make no sense; PC vs Console exclusives does. In fact, I don't see why people think Sony vs Microsoft competition is inherent to game development competition. The reason we get consoles that are shit is because they know that they can just fight on software instead of hardware.
>>
>>320561870
>buying a game that might have problems is OK because I can download it before its released. It doesn't matter if its a unoptimized pile of gltichy garbage, at least I'll get to figure that out on my own since I didn't wait for 3rd party reviews.
wew
e e
wew
>>
>>320562763
>>320562763

More like investment
>>
>>320562947
God doesn't send you to hell for telling an asshole to get cancer and die, you dumb dumb.
>>
>>320562192
Well you'd better e-mail Nintendo then, since you've clearly got it all figured out.

>Their games being exclusive didn't benefit anyone except them, so why are you defending them?
>Corporations, man! They only benefit themselves, man! I just finished my first semester at community college, my professor really opened my eyes!

Seriously though, their financial success meant they could expand and make more games, the scope of what they could create grew both in terms of volume and game design itself.

Again, video games are a business, so until that simple fact stops being true, you're shit out of luck.
>>
>>320562910
thats not what hes saying you retard, he is saying that cheering for the fact that a game is an exclusive is retarded and it is
>>
>>320562730
Okay Bayonetta 2
>>
>>320562649
Are you retarded, m8? No exclusives would mean consoles like that wouldn't even exist. It would all just get released on PC and everyone could play anything they wanted on one piece of hardware.
>>
>>320562958
>a fucking meme game

That's like calling somebody a witch because you're afraid of them

It doesn't even mean anything, because it's not even actually a real thing
>>
File: 1449786712686.gif (976 KB, 245x280) Image search: [Google]
1449786712686.gif
976 KB, 245x280
>>320563008
>ad hom
>no point
>no relevance
>calling others stupid
>>
>>320563047
Is that not spending money on yourself though?
>>
>>320558697
He is dying. Why the fuck he keeps getting mad at video games? He should be doing more important shit like spending time with his relatives and friends or traveling,
>>
>>320558697
>no exclusives allowed
>literally fanning console war flames

Its like this faggot doesnt know what hes babbling about
>>
>>320562939
Well if we look on the bright side, when console manufacturers entice developers to make exclusive games that's usually with some form of subsidy that wouldn't necessarily exist on PC.
>>
>>320558697
No, because without exclusives, consoles would have no reason to exist, and without consoles there would be less money being spent in the video game market to try and make money. Without consoles, a large number of the exclusives simply wouldn't exist, either because the team couldn't acquire funding or development support.
>>
File: 1448178763944.jpg (499 KB, 513x1387) Image search: [Google]
1448178763944.jpg
499 KB, 513x1387
lol
>>
>>320563087
Are you retarded? PCs were shit for gaming when those consoles existed
>>
>>320558697

Who?
>>
>>320562136
>I don't buy this whole bullshit story that he's sticking up for other people.
This. Especially with TB not making a fuss about XCOM 2 being a PC exclusive because "reasons". He is clearly only self-interested and will only bitch and throw up a fuss if the game he's interested in is not on the PC.

It's funny that he defends Bayonetta 2's exclusivity because it wouldn't exist without Nintendo's funding but fails to grasp that the same might be true for Kojima's game and Sony's funding. Again, he is only self-interested.

Remember, exclusivity is only bad if the platform its not exclusive on is the PC.
>>
>>320562705
>Imagine how much better things would be if consoles didn't exist
No competition at all is always bad.

If no consoles existed, we'd have what we have now, just on PC and likely worse since there would be zero alternative beyond illegal pirating. Steam would be exactly what consoles are right now, with paid online, ads everywhere and DLC out the ass.
>>
>>320563146
School is gonna make you more money one way or another, buying entertainment stuff for the pure purpose of entertaining yourself will not.
>>
>>320563128
sorry you got triggered but the game was extremely niche until all the praise the sun bullshit blew up on reddit and now with the latest installment BB its borderline dudebro tier
>>
>>320559435
Except that's not the right analogy

Complaining about exclusives is like complaining about a HD-DVD not working in a blu ray player
>>
>>320563063
I'm saying that no exclusives would benefit us, not companies

>Corporations, man! They only benefit themselves, man! I just finished my first semester at community college, my professor really opened my eyes!
What are you even trying to say here?

>Seriously though, their financial success meant they could expand and make more games, the scope of what they could create grew both in terms of volume and game design itself.
They could easily make money without exclusives. They would sell more copies if their games weren't just on one platform.

> video games are a business, so until that simple fact stops being true, you're shit out of luck
I'm not saying that no exclusives is feasible, only that its the ideal scenario
>>
File: 1448178825297.png (180 KB, 516x1508) Image search: [Google]
1448178825297.png
180 KB, 516x1508
>>320563234
>>
>>320558697
We are all cheering for cancer though.
>>
>>320563135
>needing to prove such an obvious point
>being this stupid
I'm so sorry, man.
>>
>>320563164
He is making as much money as he can before he dies
>>
Why do you guys actually dislike TB?
>inb4 muh e-celeb
>>
>>320563021
Games like Black Ops 3 are about the safest preorder you can make. I'm happy to get the opportunity to preorder a 50GB game, and be able to play at launch against the extremely small chance that it might be bad. And if it is bad, I can return it. I can't possibly lose in this situation.

That's my point about TotalBiscuit's 'unbreakable commandments' about gaming - they're so simplistic and juvenile. There's so much more nuance than he makes out but he's basically the Taliban of PC gaming. No room for shades of grey, anything against his set of rules is forbidden

He's completely gone off the deep-end in the past few years in pursuit of the PCMR dollar, and I can't respect him any more
>>
>>320562649
Yes I can imagine, it would have been great, I would have been able to own the exclusives my friends would talk about and they'd be able to own the ones I had.

Without having to go to each other's house or buy a whole new fucking console.

How can exclusives ever be a good thing? Look at the recent tomb raider, failed in sales so dramatically that I believe they just don't even want to talk about it anymore.
>>
File: 213123.gif (980 KB, 245x174) Image search: [Google]
213123.gif
980 KB, 245x174
>>320563367
>ad hom
>no point
>no relevance
>>
>>320563406
because /v/ hates /v/irgins that get popular
>>
>>320563312
consoles are basically locked down low-end pcs at this point. you're an idiot if you don't realize that porting most games is a fairly simple process by now.
>>
>>320563406
He is the epitome of r/PCMasterrace.
It's clear that he doesn't even like video games, and the same can be said for everyone who plays on PC
>>
>>320563257
Xcom 2 not being on consoles meant that it wouldn't be watered down or casualised
>self-interested
What do you mean
>>
>>320558697
But it creates more competition in the market. Look at Nintendo, they try to innovate and usually the consoles are created to match their exclusives. So if they had to create a piece of hardware that was universal, then all the consoles would be basivally the same and there would be no room for innovation for the hardware except for hardware updates. Remember folks, competition in the economy is good, creates quality products
>>
>>320563173
His entire business is fanning console war flames and stoking controversy. Shitposts like this are simply looking after his bottom line. Every 5k upvoted bullshit article on /r/Games is thousands of dollars in the bank
>>
>>320563306
Well that should have been said at the start instead of really bad analogies.
>>
>>320563237
How was it shit? The consoles were just shitty computers. Because no games? It wouldn't have been shit if it were not for console exclusives. All of those games you're thinking of would have been the same or better on PC. Hell, I had Mega Man X4 on PC before I got a PS1 and it was damn fine.

>developers only have to optimize for one system
>complete backwards compatibility forever
>no overpriced shit hardware
>play any game you want with one system

The only extra hardware you'd ever have to buy would be controllers.

But instead I'm here stuck owning 10 obsolete mini computers so I can continue to play my old games.
>>
>>320563532
>it uses an x86 processor so you can just click a button and it's ported
you're fucking retarded
>>
>>320563406

I dont hate him. I dont even know who he is really. I never seen one of his videos or anything. As far as I know hes the 60fps guy
>>
>>320563457
Consoles add another layer of competition, competitors competing is always better for consumers
>>
Notice how every post defending exclusives always focuses on the benefits on part of the companies and not the consumers
>>
>>320563550
Xcom 2 is turn based, there is nothing consoles could do to casualize it
>>
>>320563532
>you're an idiot if you don't realize that porting most games is a fairly simple process by now.
Says random anonymous /v/ shitposter with no AAA ports to his name or any experience in game development at all
>>
>>320563652
T H I S

the amount of shills in this thread are insane
>>
File: 1419916172291.png (50 KB, 353x358) Image search: [Google]
1419916172291.png
50 KB, 353x358
>>320558697
Sure, if you think a lack of competition breeds good quality products.
Anyone mind telling me when that has ever been the case in the history of humanity? Those Wal-Marts a Gamestops doing well for you vs. all those stores they put out of business? Fucking hell if you think the industry is terrible now, just imagine a world with one console.

Anyway why the fuck does TB make irrational arguments a poorfag would make? The guy probably makes 10x what I do with his internet shit and even I have all three consoles and a PC.
>>
>>320563304
>paid online
How do you organize that on PC?
>ads everywhere
There already are, depending on how you see things
> DLC out the ass
Already happened

Its mainly good because we can play whatever we want without having to pay for consoles. Steam really does need a competitor though.
>>
>>320563550
>Xcom 2 not being on consoles meant that it wouldn't be watered down or casualised

XCOM reboot is inherently casual and watered down.
>>
>>320563064
>he is saying that cheering for the fact that a game is an exclusive is retarded and it is
Questioning why and blaming the big bad, evil cowpowations is just as retarded and makes whomever is doing it look like they're still a teenager. We all know corporations exist solely to make money, and pretending the game industry could suddenly stop and would abolish the very principles on which a business operates is hilariously stupid.

As far as 3rd-party exclusive deals go, I can see complaining about that when it's literally just a matter of money, that one company just paid to have it exclusive. However, at the same time, that games is more likely to perform and play well because it's designed solely for one platform and to take advantage of its unique hardware (when that used to actually be a variable.)

Games made by the platform-maker have no business being multiplat in the first place, because it makes zero fucking sense to develop a game for your competition. Nothing wrong with Nintendo keeping Mario on their platforms, we might not have Mario at all if that weren't the case and Nintendo was simply publishing for someone else.
>>
>>320561352
What the fuck is with restaurants and their reservation shilling? I'm sick of these fucking reservation bonuses, I want to get my table at the same time as everyone else.
>>
>>320563674
>implying you do

post resume faggot
>actually posts resume
>its burch
>>
>>320563550
>Xcom 2 not being on consoles meant that it wouldn't be watered down or casualised
And here's the excuse they all throw around, solely because the title we are talking about is a PC exclusive. Double standards.

Funny that you talk about "casualization". Last thing I checked, MOBA's largely exist primarly on the PC. Also, the "it has to consider controller interface" excuse is only half-true, and is hardly applicable to a turn-based game such as XCOM.

>Self-Interested
As in acting towards the interests of himself as a PC gamer.
>>
File: 1426829623235.jpg (111 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1426829623235.jpg
111 KB, 720x960
>>320563753
Pandering to his audience, silly.
>>
>>320563312
"Why do we need an HD DVD player AND a bluray player just to watch all of the movies? That's dumb"

Pretty sure that's how that would go when complaining about exclusives.
>>
File: Come-on-son.jpg (10 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
Come-on-son.jpg
10 KB, 480x320
>>320563446
>Games like Black Ops 3 are about the safest preorder you can make.
https://www.techpowerup.com/217308/black-ops-iii-12-gb-ram-and-gtx-980-ti-not-enough.html
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/766659-Black-Ops-3-memory-leak-problem-cpu-clock-going-down
http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/call_of_duty_black_ops_3_has_a_lot_of_performance_issues/1
The game with memory leak on launch was a safe bet?
Are you sure?
Really?
>>
Consoles and PC gaming are two sides of the same coin.
One cannot exist without the other.
>>
File: 1428033222657.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1428033222657.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
>yfw TotalBiscuit wasted the last months of his life shitposting on behalf of literally renting games on steam

PC has been shit for nearly 15 years. Literally the only advantage of PC gaming today is framerate and resolution, at the cost of worthwhile exclusives, convenience, and community of consoles.

There's a reason why people become jaded and hate gaming after coming to PC. All PC fags do is jerk off to tech, play mobile tier indieshit and early access cancer, and multiplats.

Look at any steam threads and they barely play, let alone finish their games. They just play the same shitty handful of meme games for thousands of hours
>>
>>320563753
yes because the sales of HARDWARE should warrant competition between SOFTWARE
>>
>>320563646
The benefit to use from no exclusives is greater than the slight increase in competition though
>>
File: 1402588516582.jpg (62 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1402588516582.jpg
62 KB, 480x480
>>320563674
They literally said the PS4 is a super charged (lol) PC when they first announced it. I'm pretty sure they said they did that to make porting easier as well.
>>
>>320563674
This. I'm a programmer for a AAA studio and every platform has to have its own QA, certification fees, etc. The convergence of architectures in this latest generation (excluding the WiiU) makes things a bit easier tech wise - but there are still lots of hoops to jump through.
>>
File: 1381696933486.png (38 KB, 578x712) Image search: [Google]
1381696933486.png
38 KB, 578x712
>>320563753
>>
>>320563806
>limited supply of tables
>unlimited supply of digital distribution

great analogy youngfriend
>>
>>320563808
I don't have any experience in AAA games either, but I have worked in programming for 10 years and people who say 'I'm sure it's really simple' are usually the dumbest of the bunch and hilarious wrong 99% of the time
>>
>>320563652
Exclusives mostly benefit the companies but when the manufacturer is trying to build the library they do help the developer acquire some extra funding, help with development or PR.

That can sometimes translate into a better product for consumers on that platform.

Whether that platform is good for consumers in it's own right is a different question though.
>>
>>320563629
>>developers only have to optimize for one system
They also have to optimize for multiple systems rather than knowing the technology of one
>>
>>320563934
>bandwidth is unlimited
>>
File: 1446383385296.jpg (21 KB, 343x395) Image search: [Google]
1446383385296.jpg
21 KB, 343x395
>>
>>320563652
mine didn't faggot
>>320563220
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.