[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or has this shit gotten patently hilarious?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: 769.jpg (46 KB, 898x208) Image search: [Google]
769.jpg
46 KB, 898x208
Is it just me or has this shit gotten patently hilarious?
>>
Which part, relating exploration to Zelda or looking forward to anything from the people who made Torchlight?
>>
>>319284672
The part relating to your mom and sister getting fucked by black people (highlighted in red).
>>
>>319284672

Torchlight 1 and 2 were good games.

Or do you wanna fite me? I'll rek you.

The highlighted part just shows how much in meme words the industry has fallen. Its all about these catchphrases, it does not even matter if its true or not, if you use enough positive catchphrases for a product, it just has to be good right?
>>
Well, I'll be.

I thought Runic was a dead dev when the founders sold it to some random korean publisher and bailed out to found a NEW dev studio using part of the money they got from selling their previous one.
>>
It looks like they have just ripped off the setting straight from spiral knights.
>>
>>319284978
Slavshits leave please.
>>
>>319287508

H-how did you know?
>>
Believe it or not, but sonyggers actually falls for this.

They literally buy video games only if they're exclusive or not despite the facts at hand.

It's bizarre.
>>
I thought this game was getting a x bone port.what gives?
>>
File: 뷔.png (753 KB, 500x690) Image search: [Google]
뷔.png
753 KB, 500x690
I thought Sony had exclusives, what gives?
>>
File: 1425902580187.jpg (41 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
1425902580187.jpg
41 KB, 610x343
>>319284531
>>319287989
>>319288094
The joke's on you pcfags considering Torchlight was initially a PC exclusive till it got ported over to the Xbox.
>>
>>319288165
Yeah, so
>>
>>319288165

How is this a joke on pcfags? I mean they got the game and could play it without issues. And i know for a fact that the game was pretty optimised on PC because i played it a shitton.
>>
I don't see the problem. It appeases both parties as long as the PC isn't just a port of the console version. Consolecasuals get a game and PC doesn't have to wait years after the games dead for the company to release it.
>>
>>319288350

The point op is making that they are calling a game that is released on 2 systems at once an exclusive.

Its not really exclusive if its released on PC at the same time now is it?
>>
>>319288190
>>319288278
Don't mind him, just a console autist making up bullshit so he can feel better about spending $400 on a Netflix machine.
>>
>>319288542
PC isn't a console so I don't see the problem.
>>
*(Also on PC)
>>
>>319288542

they called it sony console-exclusive

Which is a "nice" way to say "not on xbone".

Not that I give a shit, Torchlight was meh, Torchlight 2 was even worse, and these people were promising a Torchlight world which they could build an MMO upon

Fucking lol
>>
Whats the problem OP?
Its still a console-exclusive as in it wont be available for Xbox and Wii users. PC is not a console.
>>
File: exclusively for anthony burch.jpg (62 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
exclusively for anthony burch.jpg
62 KB, 540x720
>>319284531
People like exclusives.
>>
>>319288190
>>319288278
>>319288582
>a pc exclusive can't be lost to a console
What's it like having cognitive dissonance?
>>
Honestly

I bought Torchlight 2 and tried to enjoy it so many goddamn times but it's just impossible. The gameplay during the first 3 minutes is the same as the gameplay 15 hours later, just spam buttons until stuff is dead.

Then again, I also got bored with Diablo 3 in less than 20 hours. That genre is way too boring and repetitive.
>>
>>319289370
You're the one treating video games like trading cards, kid. No one cares.
>>
>>319289370
No one loses a game, you retard. Multiplats mean more people can enjoy more games.
>it's my toy and you can't play with it!
>>
>>319289370
The argument has always been that all consoles have is exclusives because PC has them beat in every other regard. Therefore losing exclusive on console equals losing the only reason for owning it, whereas on PC the other pluses stay intact.

Feel free to disagree, but that's not cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>319289459
From my recent experience:
Torchlight was kinda fun, but not enough to keep me playing after like 50 hours.
Torchlight 2 was garbage. So boring.
Diablo 3 was garbage at release, got a a bit better with patches, at least kept me playing, but that's also because I'm jew at heart and AH was like game in game for me.
Diablo 3 RoS is actually pretty damn good, still has issues, but I enjoy it and can easily clock 200-300 hours every season before I get a break.
Path of Exile has some good ideas, but couldn't get into it at all. May give it another go sometime.

Still need to check Grim Dawn, but for now RoS is an actual winner.
>>
>>319289370
Do you realize that this is exactly why you see so many PC users scream "THANKS FOR BETA TESTING" or something like that?

You idiots act like you've literally lost a game when it's not an exclusive.

Which is fucking pathetic. Who the fuck wouldn't make fun of idiots like that.
>>
>>319289186

Holy shit that's hilarious.
>>
>>319289186
wtf why aren't they releasing on wii u?!
>>
>>319290093
>Diablo 3 RoS is actually pretty damn good

It's not.
>>
>>319289186
I'm pretty sure the bottom part is talking about rogue not unity.
>>
File: 23wuej348u23qwjhe35k 004.png (218 KB, 426x349) Image search: [Google]
23wuej348u23qwjhe35k 004.png
218 KB, 426x349
So are folks just retarded or do they not get it?

Common vernacular doesn't refer to a PC as a console, hence why the sentence "console exclusive PS4, also on PC" makes perfect sense.
>>
>>319290812
They word it like on purpose so they can have their cake and eat it too. They can fall back on being "technically" accurate, but also attempt to play to people's expectations about the word "exclusive". People ridicule it because when interpreted in the first manner it's effectively a non-statement and it's an outright self-contradiction when interpreted in the second manner.
>>
File: 1443860886810.jpg (88 KB, 516x704) Image search: [Google]
1443860886810.jpg
88 KB, 516x704
>>
You guys remember mythos? That game was awesome
>>
>>319290102
Often the fanbase has 'lost' the game when it goes on PC because good fanbases invariably turn toxic and shit when PC gets to them.
>>
Torchlight was a mediocre game. Torchlight 2 was a fucking terrible game. Not expecting anything.
>>
i don't see anything wrong with it.
it's litterally the reason console past year 2000 exist and the way they operate.

everyone knows that sony is competing with Xbone, but not really with PC.they are different markets. if consoletards want a console(and they clearly don't want a PC due to mental health problems) they choose it between PS4 and XBONE and exclusives often play a good role in it.
so it makes sense to boast and buy exclusives for your consoles while leaving the developer free to push their game in different markets(this way they can even increase their budget).

Sony should be happy to put to shame its main enemy in the market and will do anything to keep pressing the advantage they have gained in the last 2 years.
>>
>>319288094
There's no reason for sony anymore to moneyhat games since the majority of sales are on their platform.
>>
>>319293920
All fanbases are toxic and shit no matter the platform.
>>
>>319293920
>Goldface for months/years
>PC version gets announced
>Cry when you get payed back double
>Pretend it's PC that ruined the community and not your inability to share your toys

You literally do this to yourself.
>>
>>319294627
Dark souls community is an example, after the PC version came out the community became incredibly cancerous. Not my fault PC players are retards, this isn't even console wars, I play on PC as much as I play on sony and nintendo consoles, but I can still say that it's true.
>>
>>319294772
A game that gained massive mainstream popularity. But no it was PC players.
>>
>>319295014
Well yeah it got shit right after the PC port came out, and this has happened with loads of other games.
>>
>>319295229
And I bet your proof of this is google statistics for "artificial difficulty"
>>
>>319295705
No, that would be quite funny to see though
>>
>>319288582

The funniest part is that it's a shitty Netflix machine. When the PS4 streams, it fucking SUCKS UP so much bandwidth. I was using my laptop at a friend's house while his PS4 was streaming meditation music so he could sleep, and I couldn't load basic fucking webpages because the PS4 was stealing all the bandwidth.
>>
>>319295229
>this has happened with loads of other games
Yeah, like what?
>>
>>319296125
Pretty much any console exclusive that gets a PC port. Why so defensive?
>>
>>319296203
Like, what exactly?
>>
PCs are not consoles and have nothing to do with the console market, I don't know why this is so hard for /v/ to grasp.
>>
So how does Hob look?
>>
>>319295916
It's blatant confirmation bias.

>The NEVER EVER shitposting was fine!
>All the dumb memes before the PC port were A-Okay!
>I thought PC would ruin the community and I was proven right even though I am just as guilty!
>>
>>319284978

I think it just means on the console platform, it's exclusive to PS4. It's basically just poorly worded.
>>
>>319296457
There aren't really any dumb memes for bloodorne, never ever is the only one and that's not really a 'BB' meme, more of a 'PC not getting BB' meme

Anyway, BB isn't coming out on PC, so it doesn't matter
>>
>>319293920

PS4 sales are over 30mil, the chance of having a "good community" on the most popular console of the gen are zero.
>>
>>319284531

You mean that marketing is finding new ways to twist the word "exclusive"? Yeah, I wish that I could find that Assassin's creed poster from Gamestop that basically said it was exclusive to every single available platform *except* Wii U.

I like the Torchlight devs. I didn't really like Torchlight 2 but I think I was just super sour about Diablo 3 at the time.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.