[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Fallout 3 and 4 fuck with the lore or continuity of 1 and 2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: 1433888541694.jpg (257 KB, 1200x680) Image search: [Google]
1433888541694.jpg
257 KB, 1200x680
How did Fallout 3 and 4 fuck with the lore or continuity of 1 and 2?
>>
bos is shit in 3, its impossible for a small faction to break off over ideological and philisophical differences, and theres no way more enclave members could exist outside of the ones in 2 because i said so
>>
>>318573460
In 4 super mutants are everywhere. They were only suppose to be in the west according to 1 and 2 because the lab that created them was in the west and no where else.
>>
>>318574403

Nah, they were experimenting with FEV on the east coast too.

I honestly dont care, I'd rather have super-mutants shoehorned in than not; theyre a fun enemy type.
>>
>>318574403
>FEV lab at in the institute making new FEV mutants

lel FEV labs every where cannon
>>
Vaults were no longer about predicting how humans would survive lengthy space travel.

Enclave inexplicably returned.

Super Mutants on the East Coast.

Jet being pre-war despite the fact that it was developed during the events of Fallout 2.

Cryogenics becoming viable even though in Fallout 2 it's implied to be unstable at best.

The Capitol Wasteland being a total shithole even though it's been two hundred years.
>>
>>318574615
>>318574782
>fev lab
>not a one to been seen in f4
They just walked in, right? right¿

it's called getting todd'd
>>
Fallout 3 has the problem of the plot being almost exactly Fallout 2's plot, but worse.

instead of a GECK needed to save your people, you need it.. to purify water.

something anyone can do with dirty and charcoal with 100 % success.

and everyone wants to do this thing, but everyone fights over doing this thing.

and it is literally the entire main plot, its a washout.

there are more, indepth preasons its bad, but thats the gist of it.

Fallout 4... well its "twist" is too hinted at, and ultimately is like Fallout 3 in the morality of it, do you wanna be evil.. or not evil?

instead of the many grey choices in NV, you get "nuke em" or "kill your old son"
>>
>>318575096
>Cryogenics becoming viable even though in Fallout 2 it's implied to be unstable at best.
Everyone except 2 died in that vault so unstable is a good word.
>>
>>318575607
They were intentionally killed by Kellogg and the Institute.
>>
>>318575607
2 pods that is
>>
>>318575607
no they didn't, they were all fine for 140 years, the Institute purposefully had all the other people in the other cryo-pods killed except you as part of an experiment.
>>
File: FO02_NPC_Myron_B.png (518 KB, 803x408) Image search: [Google]
FO02_NPC_Myron_B.png
518 KB, 803x408
JET
>>
>>318575607
They literally just didn't turn the freezers back on.
>>
>>318575787
sort of, they actually turned them on.. all the way, so they froze solid.
>>
WHERE DID DR. LESKO OBTAIN FEV FOR HIS FIRE ANT EXPERIMENTS IN FO3

ANSWER ME TODD
>>
File: fallout continuity.png (651 KB, 690x1262) Image search: [Google]
fallout continuity.png
651 KB, 690x1262
>>318573460
they didn't. 3 and 4 are spin-offs of the series.
>>
File: 1448342114063.jpg (113 KB, 672x891) Image search: [Google]
1448342114063.jpg
113 KB, 672x891
>>318573460
I think it's more the assumption that certain things in Fallout 1/2 can only exist on the West Coast because they are shown only on the West Coast

>Only FEV can be in Mariposa, it isn't stated to exist anywhere else until Bethesda said so.

>Only the Enclave can exist on the East Coast and the Oil Rig, they are not shown to have stations/outposts anywhere else.

>Only the Brotherhood of Steel exist on the East Coast/Mid West. They did not venture to the West Coast until Bethesda said so.

The only things that stood out to me were direct changes that contradict Fallout 1/2; like Jet being a post-war creation on the EC and Power Amor Fusion Cores. But these changes were minor and didn't bother me.

>>318575747
They submerged a soldier in a gel to preserve him. Vault 111 froze people. Cryonics vs Cryogenics.
>>
>>318573460
FO1 and 2 lore were shit anyway

>muh aliens
>muh sentient death claws
>muh star trek and dr who

fuck off
>>
>>318576043
Did you get east and west mixed up halfway through your post?
>>
>>318576276
I probably did. I get them mixed up all the time.
>>
>>318575502
You haven't played the game have you?
>>
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/William_Brandice

Why does an Enclave deserter fearing for his life flee from the west coast all the way to the heavily fortified Enclave outpost of D.C. on the east coast while trying to avoid the Enclave
>>
There was no explanation on how Vault-Tec acquired FEV and don't bullshit me with that "they worked for the guberment" garbage. West Tek made FEV. Mariposa Military Base had FEV. Marisposa Military Base died with FEV. The Enclave traveled to Mariposa and took some of it back in the Oil Rig, which the Chosen One destroyed.

Even if The Enclave chose to retaliate with more FEV bullshit wouldn't it make much more sense to do so on the West coast? Why the East?
>>318574615
you mean orcs
>>
>>318575096
Vaults were "social experiments" since 2
>>
>>318576061
>muh aliens
non-canon easter egg

>muh sentient death claws
deathclaws were always a genetic freak experiment. The Enclave changing their DNA structure even further isn't that much of a stretch.

>muh star trek and dr who
non-canon easter eggs again
>>
They also showed prewar america as perfect utopia instead of a resourceless plague ridden shithole
>>
Why does Bethesda think that FEV is supermutant juice?

Both Harold and The Master were also FEV mutants, but not supermutants because they are made with a specific process that took The Master years of trial and error to perfect.

And then Vault 87 comes around and we have a vault full of FEV for no good reason that can spit out infinite hordes of supermutants with canon zero intelligent leadership or central figures.

We are supposed to believe that the people that D.C. supermutants kidnap somehow survive the magical patch of 3,600 rads/second at the entrance of the vault to be turned into more supermutants with no dipping required
>>
>>318576061
>Using muh aliens as an arguement against Fallout 1 and 2 lore where they were only an easter egg
>Only got promoted to lore canon in 3
Yeah, sure thing boss.
>>
>>318576418
>implying that isn't a fact
fev lab location now
>>
>>318577283
theres one in the institute, but that one doesnt explain the mutants
>>
the reason they brought back caps, super mutants, Enclave, the entire combined main-plot of Fallout 1 and 2 merged into one game for fallout 3.

is because callbacks they sat down and said "how do we make fallout 3" and someone said "we just through in everything from fallout 1 and 2"

and they did.

ANY OTHER explanation you people give is giving Bethesda way more credit than earned, Fallout 3, and now Fallout 4, are built entirely from referencing Fallout 1 and 2 instead of evolving from them.
>>
>>318576863
Bethesda changed the whole tone of Fallout. It is now optimistic and ironically upbeat. You celebrate the atom bomb and everything nuclear. There is no explanation for the behavior of post-apocalyptic humans other than "THEY'RE CRAZY AND THEY'RE BAD"

The old Black Isle games depicted Americans to be just as evil and manipulative as our enemies. Everyone lived in fear just before the apocalypse. And during the time of The Chosen One and The Vault Dweller, the game is dark and no one is happy. The wasteland truly was a savage place and intelligence was the greatest weapon any person could get their hands on.
>>
>>318577283
Dude... its part of Virgil's side quest for when you go to the Institute...
>>
>>318577585
but it doesn't explain the mutants

they must of walked in

right?
>>
>>318577463
The biggest example of Beth just not getting the tone of Fallout is the fucking retarded shoulder fired nuclear catapult

I mean fucking really
>>
>>318573460
2 already shit on the original, not sure why people were ever concerned going forward

Especially making vaults an intro-to-psych experiment
>>
>>318575096
>>318575607
With the overseer having orders to do nothing about reviving until at least 80% have died. It's like they were expecting massive causalities. 80% isn't unstable
>>
>>318578040
80% isn't stable

>bed time for me
>>
>>318577882
but teh fatman was kool lol
how about the one that lets you shoot 8 of em
>>
>>318577882
that reminded me of that awful Godzilla movie remake.

The whole point was that nukes are bad and they made monsters like Mothra and Godzilla. Luckily he was on their side.

Oh no! Godzilla is weak! What do we do? Let's nuke him and revitalize his strength!
>>
>>318578168
lol epic brah giant super mutants bro
bro
>>
>>318574782
>lel FEV labs every where cannon

No, only Westek and a few military sites like Maripol.

Also Supermutant process was a specific process of FEV manipulation, Harold also fell into a VAT of FEV but he was turned into a FEV Ghoul with a tree growing out of his head.

The master created Super Mutants, they were his race, they shouldn't be on the East Coast.
>>
>Ghouls established to need food/water in previous Fallouts
>Ghouls established to need food/water in FO4 itself
>FO4 has a quest where a ghoul child survived for 200 years while locked in a fridge

Literally no editing done at all.

What was the writing process for FO3/FO4? Think of something whacky and random then throw it in somewhere?

Would explain all the lol whacky random skeletons and teddy bears in silly positions
>>
>>318575096
Some of the problems with Fallout 3 was that it was supposed to take place only 60 years after the bombs dropped. Then they wanted BoS and Super Mutants so they had to make it much later.
>>
>>318578396
Maybe the ghoul child slept the entire time

just like todd did when he was creating lore for this game
>>
File: 1435006049561.jpg (267 KB, 680x794) Image search: [Google]
1435006049561.jpg
267 KB, 680x794
>>318577463
Except in Fallout 2 NCR, while gaining some corruption, was flourishing, playing your hands right in Reno leads to it being a very prosperous, Mutants for the most part are wiped out with a few exceptions like Broken Hills who are all reformed and fairly productive and are even seen mildly accepted in places like the NCR.
Vault City is an another example of success from a vault and has the potiental for greatness thats only being held back by a snobby few.

I'll agree that there is a bit of flanderization with the post tactics games but even from the first game there's always been a glimmer of hope of things getting better. From what we've seen of Pre-War America it was this broken fake "glorious 1950's 'muricka" with shit economy, constant wars with neighboring countries for resources and probably a miserable place unless you were set by government intervention. You still get more of the same post war but ultimately even in pre Bethesda canon the nukes were an inevitable reset button and groups like the Enclave ready to take advantage of it.
>>
>>318578306
I mean fuck man, even The Master never wanted to use a nuke unless as a last resort because of how awful they are as a weapon of mass destruction.

A fucking super mutated psychic abomination had more reserve towards nuclear armaments than the entirety of FO3 and FO4.

And then we get a fucking mecha that walks around throwing nuclear footballs because lol whacky 50s setting! TWO GAMES IN A ROW BECAUSE WHY THE FUCK NOT THANKS TODD

Beth is fucking terrible at writing
>>
>>318573460
http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Retroactive_continuity_(Fallout_4)
>>
>>318578832

Fallout 3 is a parody of fallout

Treat it as such, and you will be much less angry
>>
>>318577832
are you clinically retarded?
>>
>>318576863
literally in the opening cutscene the main protaganist explains the world has gone to shit and hes afraid nuclear war will happen soon
>>
>>318578396
Billy fucked me off.
Not only because it doesn't make sense, but when I returned him to his parents, they attacked me on site.
I then killed them and sold the little shit to the Raider.
Now I get reminded on the Radio that I'm an asshole.

FO4 is fine, but the tone changes a lot.
What happend to all the whores?
>>
Most of you in this thread have pointed out you never played tactics
>>
>>318579294

I had the same thing happen, but after finishing the quest.

I go back to their house, and there are 2 gunners sitting on their sofa.

I shoot the gunners, and the peabodies try to kill me.
>>
>>318579358
>Playing Tactics
>>
>BOS hordes and protects technology
>institute has fucking teleportation
>instead of taking over institute base and then studying the technology they nuke it

Holy fuck fallout 4 is stupid, its fun to play but you have to constantly force yourself not to think or else you just become frustrated with how fucking stupid the game is.
>>
>>318579261
Yes and then minutes later protag takes a face full of nuke in the instant death zone and doesn't get a scratch on him, much less blinded or massively irradiated.

I really fucking wish that awful intro was some fake memories or something glitched implanted into a synth protagonist. Instead Beth goes with the retarded option.
>>
File: chinadidndonuffin.png (219 KB, 1259x1400) Image search: [Google]
chinadidndonuffin.png
219 KB, 1259x1400
Reminder that China didn't do anything wrong.
>>
>>318579526
it just works :^)
>>
>>318577463
You've written this from such a hilariously in-universe standpoint there's no way you're not actually autistic
>>
>>318579358
Tactics was my first Fallout.

Fuck robots.
>>
File: typical bethdrone.png (420 KB, 1240x3487) Image search: [Google]
typical bethdrone.png
420 KB, 1240x3487
>>318579668
>>
Nobody here knew about Fallout until Bethesda revived it with Fallout 3.

LMAO

Nobody here gave a fuck about the Fallout lore until Obsidian came out with New Vegas.

LMAO
>>
>>318573460
Why didn't 4 have any of those weird/funny quests from the others? There was the Silver Shroud i suppose but other than that it was just kill raiders and super mutants
>>
>>318575502
>todd'd

Interplay did it first.
>>
>>318579526
Bethesda hires retards who give no fuck about consistency.

I have no problem Bethesda publishing Fallout games, but they shouldn't be allowed anywhere near development.
>>
>Vault-Tec having access to FEV
I chalk this up as Beth just mistaking West Tek for Vault-Tec

>Jet is somehow all over the east as if it was a pre-war drug and not the creation of some faggot boy genius in Fallout 2
This bugs the fuck out of me holy shit.

>Enclave wear Midwest BoS PA, despite Beth declaring Tactics non-canon
At least Tale of Two Wasteland bandaids this by calling it and the remnant PA from NV the Advanced Mk II and Mk I from Fallout 2 respectively

>Enclave aren't all dead anyway
What the fuck. The remnants in NV should have been in 3 and then Enclave completely forgotten by NV. They were pretty silly villains in 2 and went full retard in 3

>T60 is now the best pre-war PA instead of T51
I can live with this actually

>Aliens
...no. Mothership Zeta is not canon, even if it is, it isn't.

>Cryogenics
This is the point where I assume that no one at Beth actually even played Fallout 2 at all. (Maybe) they played the first and then just looked at a plot summary for 2.
>>
File: s2j.png (130 KB, 454x540) Image search: [Google]
s2j.png
130 KB, 454x540
>>318574202
the enclave founded vault tec there's literally thousands of vaults teaching enclave ideologies that haven't opened yet
>>
>>318580095
No, t60 is an abomination.
>>
>>318579813
>Bethdrone
I've never played a Bethesda game in my life, or a Fallout one for that matter, I don't have any interest in autism walking simulators.
Just saw that hilarious 3 paragraph long post that sounded like it was written by a 15 year old on fanfiction.net and opened this thread to point it out. I'm going back to shitposting now, you can go back to having an actual emotional attachment to the story of a video game
:^)
>>
>>318580358
it looks pretty cool though
>>
>>318580095
>This is the point where I assume that no one at Beth actually even played Fallout 2 at all.

It's two different types of cryogenics; freezing them vs submersion in a life-preserving gel. House got it to work.

More than one way to skin a cat.
>>
>>318580429
enjoy the rest of your stay in 4chan, my reddit friend.
>>
>>318580464
Thats my problem with it, apart from the lore rape obviously, I liked the t51b because it looked functional not aesthetic. T60 is just so......gamey.
>>
>>318580095
I'm sure Jet must've been traded to the East at least.
I don't think it's too much of a stretch.
>>
Playing through Fallout 1 and I realize I just don't really like it that much, it's just not my type of RPG, though I've been having fun with Front Mission 3 I started at the same time. Is Fallout 2 better then one?
>>
>>318579598
The only problem is that the White House also got a direct hit.
>>
>>318573460
Fallout 4 with Power Armor's power source and everything about Jet, which is probably going to be patched out due to the earful Pete Hines got

Bethesda doesn't understand what "social experiment" means so the Vaults
>>
>make power armor kinda cool implementation instead of regular armor
>make it run on limited atomic batteries

Fuck you Todd you piece of shit power armors energy source works more than 30 fucking minutes you midget hack.
>>
>>318575502
>I haven't played the game pleaseeeeeee rape my face
>>
>>318580776

I like the second one better than the first, give it a try. People bitch about the temple trial but if you have unarmed or melee it's fine, if you have persuasion or charisma skills you can literally talk your way out of having to run it.
>>
>>318580836
I haven't played 4 but wouldn't the cells have worn out quite a bit from the time produced before the war?
>>
I wish Super Mutants were late-game enemies and we had more varied Raider gangs that have different temperaments and territories. Maybe one Raider faction would only attack other factions but be indifferent to the player and some could be joinable.

Little things.
>>
File: Pete Hines.jpg (84 KB, 450x577) Image search: [Google]
Pete Hines.jpg
84 KB, 450x577
>>318580796
>to the earful Pete Hines got
they dont care
>>
>>318579172
>clinically retarded
>ignores the fact that master created the super mutant race
>thinks fev lab is the only requirement for super mutants
no but you clearly are
>>
>>318580921
>fallout 3 is my first game

this:>>318581105

>it shows
>>
Let's settle this.

Where are the Supermutants located in Fallout 4 from?
>>
>>318581030
That requires more thought than just putting a bunch of npcs in the world and setting them to hostile and then calling it a day.
>>
>>318580716
only Supermutants and highly skilled survivalists can survive the trek from West to East because of the dangerous conditions there.
>>
>>318575096
Didn't Fallout 2 have 3 possible companions frozen in the EPA building which was cut?
>>
File: suffering.jpg (45 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
suffering.jpg
45 KB, 540x429
>>318581032

>yes
>no
>sarcastic yes

This isn't what i imagined RPGS would be like in the future.
>>
>>318581442
and harold
and determined vault dwellers
>>
>>318581282
aliens. it explains why they're so short.
>>
>>318581282
from over the mountian.
>>
The Institute has a FEV lab and regularly releases their rejects into the Commonwealth.
>>
>>318581550
YES
NO (YES)
SHAUN?
SARCASTIC (YES)
>>
>>318581550
>Yes
>No (Yes)
>Sarcastic
>Yes?
>>
>>318581750
>>318581705
HATE YES
>>
>>318580990
Batteries don't tend to lose their potential unless discharged, at least not much.
>>
>>318581670
>Hey Shaun, I stumbled into your old FEV lab and read some log entries
>Would you mind explaining that shit to me, son?
>I still love you son, but I would have killed anyone else who did this.
>>
>>318581552
And Kellog
>>
>>318581798
HELP ME FIND MY YES
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>>318582005
I thought his name was Special K
>>
>>318581527
I believe there was some frozen soldier in one of the military bases, you could unfreeze. However he killed himself immediately, if I remember it correctly.
>>
>>318581670
Was this in reply to something or just a random post? Kinda hard to tell.
>>
Probably the same way new vegas fucked with the theme and atmosphere.
Bunch of idiots who simply do not know what the fuck they are doing, and have nothing to do with the original master pieces, pretending they have the franchise's best interests at heart when the reality is they're just trying to appeal to their own respective retarded zealot fanbases while pushing their own bullshit agendas in the process.
>>
File: 1415301432806.png (192 KB, 300x343) Image search: [Google]
1415301432806.png
192 KB, 300x343
>>318580358
Biggest thing that bugs me about it is that's its not a halfway between T-51 and X01. Instead it looks like T-45 with a dash of 51. Also X01/adv PA is so bottom heavy and jagged looking in this game rather than being top heavy and smooth.

I can forgive the fridge thing as some ghetto cryro tube, I can imagine Myron being a dirty liar about Jet and just found a way to mass synthesize it with post war material compared to its prewar ingredients. Plus mods can always adjust these things, but I'm still bugged the most by the lack of charisma options that don't lead to another form of violence. That can't be fixed as easy.
>>
>>318582110
With undoubtedly the coolest looking outfit in the game. Post-Apocalypse survival, yet sensible.
>>
>>318582110
Am I the only one who can't take him seriously because all I think about is cereal?
>>
>>318580585
Thanks I will loser :^)
>>
File: Ins Supm.png (3 MB, 1599x998) Image search: [Google]
Ins Supm.png
3 MB, 1599x998
>>318581564
>>318581643
>the institute made them

We've got three answers in the running.

Let's move onto getting some proof so we can screen cap it and have an answer.

Did the Institute really spend the energy kidnapping hundreds of people, turn them all into mutants (same with dogs), then teleport them back to the surface?
>>
>>318576043
All of those existing on the East Coast could have been fine, if everything about them in Fallout 3 wasn't fucking retarded and/or contradictory (mainly the creation of super mutants - non-irradiated or airborne variant exposed vault dwellers were supposed to result in intelligent super mutants not fake-orks).
>>
>>318575707
No, kellogg only fucked with 1 pod, the scientists tell you everything in his flashback dream walking bullshit segment.
If you read the overlord's computer it explicitely states that likely half will be dead within weeks, and emergency intervention is only allowed when the cryo population is down by 93% of the total starting population.
>>
>>318582110
>Lucky Charms
>>
>>318575096

You forgot vertibirds being pre-war, and the US army itself surviving the nukes so it could develop new power armor with no electronics or resources, because the EMP blasts from the nukes fried everything, including typical household electronic clocks.

Note that THIS US army isn't the enclave. It's just the US army, and it develops now power arnor through magic.
>>
For one thing the existence of house cats anywhere but vaults in Fallout 4 is fucking retarded, Fallout 2 shows that they're pretty much extinct.

Ghouls are suddenly magically immortal and don't ever need clean water or anything of the sort as of Fallout 4. I mean fuck, even Fallout 3 got this one right.

Brotherhood turning into a bunch of paladin white knight pussies. In Fallout 2 these niggas had 6 Gecks and would not share ONE of them with you and your tribe.
>>
>>318582418
>Did the Institute really spend the energy kidnapping hundreds of people, turn them all into mutants (same with dogs), then teleport them back to the surface?
Even if they did. Do you realize how retarded that sounds? Like holy shit.
>>
>>318582220
>I can imagine Myron being a dirty liar about Jet and just found a way to mass synthesize it with post war material compared to its prewar ingredients
So could I, but it's more likely they didn't know what Jet was.

>but I'm still bugged the most by the lack of charisma options that don't lead to another form of violence.
and science, and strength, and perception...but look, if you spend 9 perk points, you can pacify anything in the game and command it.
>>
>>318582418
They probably studied them.

What I don't get about Bethesda writing is how puritan everyone is. It's so. fucking boring. Why would they study super mutants? From the dialogue they seem to want to reverse the radiation. Why, what can they benefit from doing that?

>>318582612
Now imagine that people are defending this shit -- there is a ghoul trapped inside a fridge for 200 years. He survived, and is still sane.

two centuries
>>
>>318582612
>Do you realize how retarded that sounds? Like holy shit.
What developer do you think we're talking about here. This wouldn't be a necessary question if Bethesda weren't fucking pants-on-head retarded.
>>
>>318582612
>Even if they did. Do you realize how retarded that sounds? Like holy shit.
I KNOW
I FUCKING KNOW

I'd love to ask father, but Todd didn't think any players would question it.
>>
>>318582586
I hate how Ghouls operate in their own framerate dimensions. Niggers can't just run at you anymore. They're either stutter-stepping and then lunging at warp speeds you or they're already teleport-lunging at you. I fucking hate how janky their movements are.
>>
>>318582737
>Why, what can they benefit from doing that?
Note to self: Take picture of father making retarded face and caption it with "it's science, I ain't gotta explain shit".
>>
>>318575707
No they weren't. The terminal logs suggest that all except 2 pods failed before the Vault was even opened.

After the vault staff left, Kellogg came in and found only two pods that hadn't failed. He didn't do anything to the others.
>>
>>318573460
we had a thread to this affect yesterday

>>318413467
>>
>>318583091
Fallout 1 and 2
>humanity has multiple self sustaining settlements
>trade is efficient and regulated
>force field doors exist in the NCR
>people make porn movies, work on drug formulas, have running casinos
>after 1 bottlecaps arent used anymore now that real money is available
>cars work and can be driven around
>places like vault city are green and full of life
>ncr has a strict no guns policy
>no one gives a shit about you unless you prove yourself
>enclave recruits wastelanders
>bos is xenophobic
>the master literally mindrapes you

Fallout 3 and 4
>hurr radiation
>hurr wasteland
>hurr everything is shit
>hurr packaged food never spoils
>hurr enclave bad BoS good
>hurr everyone loves me after i shoot something
>>
>>318583040
He says "Why didn't we refreeze the others? I don't know." in Memory Den quest.
>>
>>318583198
>>318583091
>hurr radiation
Just fyi there are still radiation hot zones in 1 and 2
>>
File: nsg pls no bully.gif (3 MB, 245x186) Image search: [Google]
nsg pls no bully.gif
3 MB, 245x186
>>318583091
>those fucking Enclave power armors
>>
>>318582418
From what I've gathered out of the entire franchise (1 and 2 included) super mutants are more of a result from prolonged exposed to radiation, while ghouls are more of a result from short term massive exposure.
FEV on the other hand is more of a crash course to becoming a supermutant.
Both are just different lanes on a path up the evolutionary ladder to something adapted specifically to survive in an irradiated world(either naturally due to radiation induced evolution or through a gene-modifying virus).
>>
>>318582586

But the BoS are back to being assholes in FO4. They're basically diet Nazis that want everything non-human dead, and then they want the surviving humans that aren't part of BoS to either join them or give them food.

One of the fucking quests is to bully farms into giving you shit.
>>
>>318583379
Girls not allowed.
>>
>>318583198
>>hurr packaged food never spoils
But it does in fact give you rads

apparently radiation preserves things
>>
I have spent more time in fallout 4 building santuary up into a awsome town. Best part of the game just puting that out. Because all of my god dam characters are bugged out and i cant complete the main story. But you know 48 hours of building a town was worth the $60. Like my new character consists of going around the world finding junk fucking junk so i can build my fucking town. I have more fun walking with cat dog looking for a fucking random ass thing then doing some rando quest. 6/10 best building/walking sim really gives dayz stand alone and rust a run for there money.
>>
>>318582681
And that's neat but its still mostly for combat purposes. I like the streamlined game play from an objective standpoint but it means we lose out on more dialogue options to prevent combat in the first place. The example I think of the most is the start of the minuteman quests. Like fine if you want to help you'll have to kill the raiders to get to Preston but I would have preferred the option to ask Preston to get into the power armor while I supported from the roof. It would still give you a showey display of how bad ass the armor is while giving a non-combative character or someone who doesn't want to use Power armor all the time a choice not to have to use it for dick punching a deathclaw. Or the Silver Shroud, while being more of a shooty vigilante having the option to be more Batman than Punisher. Setting up traps using science and using charisma to scare baddies out. It really wouldn't be above the normal cheese that the line provides.
>>
File: Bomb_test.jpg (17 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
Bomb_test.jpg
17 KB, 403x403
>>318573460
The biggest issue isn't necessarily with lore or continuity (even though it has become a batshit cesspool of retcons), but rather the setting's tone itself.

You go from Fallout 1, where even the fucking horrific hivemind Master wouldn't use nukes for MORAL reasons.

"This is our Master's weapon of last resort. If we find an enemy we cannot defeat in battle, then we will destroy them with this. But I doubt this will ever happen. Even our Master does not want to unleash the dreaded power of the atom again!"

And then in Fallout 3, everyone and their grandmother has nukes for shits and giggles, you fire nukes as a weapon, and you can set off the Megaton nuke while HACKIN' AND WHACKIN' AND SMACKIN' is playing in the background, just for laughs of course.
>>
>>318580785
possibly b/c it was a symbol for the enclave? after all it was made up of the political aristocracy
>>
File: CET-TLUAV.jpg (555 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
CET-TLUAV.jpg
555 KB, 1920x1200
>I worked for a large corporation. I was still a human when we were nuked by soldiers. Chinese soldiers.
>Torn from my way of life, I was made to adapt to the wasteland. With each new radiation storm my skin would change. Along with the rads I endured.
>With each change, I changed too. My thoughts, humanity, how I saw right and wrong. Radiation - can - kill.
>>
File: r u fukn serious m8.webm (560 KB, 640x348) Image search: [Google]
r u fukn serious m8.webm
560 KB, 640x348
>caring about lore in games

Absolutely the worst kind of people.

Devs leave in walls of text for people like you to read then can call the game an 'ebin 50 hour experience xddd'

Most won't even make the information useful, like "oh you read this thing that wasn't quest related, but you just found it from exploring - now you have this additional conversation option with these people!', because that's too hard a concept for a normie to grasp who just wants instant gratification. "WOW BRO FIND THE EPIC SWORDBLADEOMEGA WHICH IS SHOWN DIRECTLY WHERE THE FUCK IT IS ON YOUR TODDLER FRIENDLY MAP".

Fucking sick of video games man. Consoles can eat a dick.
>>
File: 1441047772987.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1441047772987.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>318583881
>Radiation - can - kill
Whoa.
>>
>>318583379
it still makes me mad, thats why i used them
>>
I heard FO2 is censored or some shit. Any way to fix this? Even the restoration patch doesn't fix everything, I hear.
>>
>>318584004
Man, you're all over the place in that post.
>>
>>318583485
At the beginning of FO4 the main character does state that the food in the pantry is stated to never spoil. While its probably due more to magic radiation (like the still fresh produce in the super duper mart) it may be that the packaged foods are so full of preservatives that they legitimately have no normal expectation.

The fact that the stuff is so plentiful after 200 years and hasn't been picked clean by scavengers or animals is the real question
>>
>>318583429
>super mutants are more of a result from prolonged exposed to radiation
But...but FEV dips.

Vats.
>>
>>318583254
This. He definitely said this during that segment.
>>
Why does FO4 have magic weapons?

Why does wearing a loincloth make you better at melee combat?

Why is Beth obsessed with cosplay as comic book characters? Is it because its lol whacky enough for their writing?
>>
>>318583429
You've got it reversed from ghouls and super mutants. Ghouls are the result of prolonged exposure to high doses over time. Super Mutants are the result of being dipped into VATS, just normal people of any slice of life. They're dipped into vats of FEV and they become supermutants. FEV isn't a recipe for supermutants though, there's more to it, but I don't think any of the lore has covered it. Needless to say, FEV isn't magical supermutant goo, and they were created with a purpose and for a reason.
>>
>>318584195
It was bait to get lorefags mad, then I realised how shit it is that non-quest marked texts are rarely ever useful in an open world game as to actually reward the player for reading them.
>>
>>318576542
West-Tek worked for the government. Vault tech was founded by agents of the Enclave, which is a secret government agency that was so important that THEY were entrusted with the care of the U.S president since six months prior to the Great War. It stands to reason that a Vault would be charged to perform F.E.V tests.

The Institute was a Private organisation. I can buy that they know what FEV is because the Institute holds the greatest scientific minds and I'm sure some of them consulted on the FEV tests. But I see no reason the US government would give a sample to the Institute and I don't see scientists stealing a sample.

Fallout 3 is acceptable, 4 is not
>>
>>318584548
Because videogames. The fucking Silver Shroud submachine gun has 999 ammo in it.
>>
>>318584329
Prolonged exposure to radiation or the airborne version of FEV produces the dumb brute supermutants of the west coast. Dipping people with little to no radiation exposure produces more intelligent mutants like Lou from the first game.
>>
>>318573460
>How did Fallout 3 and 4 fuck with the lore or continuity of things that are not canon?
>>
>>318584381
I thought he said something that the scientists didn't want to leave them alive something about too many loose ends. I really can't remember though even though I did that quest a couple days ago.
>>
>>318573460
fun fact its not Vault-tec, its Vaul-tec
>>
>>318576769
easter eggs are canon
>>
>>318576043
The Enclave is mentioned to be in Chicago
>>
File: retarded chinese girl.jpg (128 KB, 871x653) Image search: [Google]
retarded chinese girl.jpg
128 KB, 871x653
>>318578804

The entire theme of fallout can be summed up ine one statement: 'war never changes.'

If you're an intelligent person, you figure out very quickly that what they're getting at here isn't a literally, figuratively, completely definitely scenario where war never actually changes, but rather that you'll ask yourself 'but why doesn't war change?'

And the answer to that is 'because humans refuse to change.' So throughout fallout, you explore big worlds, largely as an observer who has as his only gift that he was in the right place at the right time, and this allows you to influence the world around you.

Can humanity, and thus war, actually change through your actions, or are they doomed to repeat it?

In Bethesda's fallout, this wasn't what happened. Todd saw the tagline, and he said to himself 'boy, this obviously means that war never changes. In fact, war is such a big feature of the world that it's like slapstick comedy! The world doesn't change either. It's the 50s forever. 50s car, 50s TVs, 50s music, 50s rayguns!' He interpreted the statement super literal, with no thought or questions. He probably never even played any of the other games.

Because Bethesda are retarded, just like the people they're developing their games for.

On top of them being retards, in their fallout games, you're an actual Chosen One. You're Jesus. The world revolves around you. You don't observe, or merely get a chance to influence events. Events only happen because YOU authorized them. YOU are the news on the radio. Your morality is the only thing that matters. If you ruin every town, but manage to finish with good karma, you get the good end. If you do all the good things for every city, but finish with bad karma, bad end.
>>
>>318580095
Aleins were in Fallout 2
>B-but that was an easter egg
Skynet is made from alien tech
>>
>>318576863
>what is propaganda
Yea i wonder why the corrupt government doesnt want the people to know that shits fucked.
>>
>>318581442
Except caravans do it all the time
The Wasteland Survival Guide is in New Vegas
>>
File: FOL.png (666 KB, 952x646) Image search: [Google]
FOL.png
666 KB, 952x646
>>318584878
>Prolonged exposure to radiation or the airborne version of FEV produces the dumb brute supermutants of the west coast
Oh. Thought every west coast mutant was dipped.

I guess thats why vault 87 had no vats, only gas chambers.

Also, Fallout Louisiana by Obsidian confirmed 100%.

Get money
Fuck bitches
nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga

>The world doesn't change either. It's the 50s forever. 50s car, 50s TVs, 50s music, 50s rayguns!' He interpreted the statement super literal, with no thought or questions. He probably never even played any of the other games.

Good, you've been critiquing fallout 3 for years like the rest of us, congrats.
>>
>>318585634
https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/671885791946141697
>>
>>318585767
I didn't even get one bite, thanks.
>>
>>318582110
Reeses Puffs was the best character of FO4 that wasn't a companion.
>>
>>318582117
His body melted.
>>
>>318573460
by saving a failing ip
>>
>>318585634
That whole 50's pulp sci fi is one of the reasons I like fallout so much.
>>
>>318585209

This is one of my biggest hates of Bethesda's version of fallout. There is no reason 2077 is apparently 1950 where all the computers, tvs, radios, fridges, and cars are suddenly fossils. It's fucking mindboggling and so hammed up that it exists only to be a fucking gimmick. Fuck you Todd, you raped my favorite franchise you fuck.
>>
>>318585209
I always love shutting down Bethdrones who think everything was meant to be stuck in the 50s by pointing out that the Pancor Jackhammer and H&K CAWS were in the previous Fallout games and are explicitly mentioned to have been developed in the 80s in the Fallout universe.

So many fucks still don't understand that the Great War occurred in the 2070s. Including Bethesda, because they are under the impression that the nuclear war was done with bombers crossing a continent and an ocean during a worldwide fuel crisis and delivering antiquated nuclear weapons over 100 years old instead of the nuclear ICBMs that were actually used.

They became fixated on the 50's shit and included a literal fucking fatman style bomb. In a setting that only collapsed in 2070.
>>
>>318586215
Bethesda uses it to hold the series back. I like it too, but instead of developing the world, they make you step from the 2070s/50s into Fallout 3.5.
>>
>>318583881
VAULT-TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEC
>>
>>318580796
>everything about Jet

What do you mean by this? I fucking love the time slow effect. Makes me actually use chems and every engagement that much more fun.
>>
>>318577235
The Master was delusional, he thought that the Super Mutants were an intelligent possible alternative to human life. He thought they would surpass humans, pointing out the fact that they don't fuck is something he didn't expect or notice.

It's possible that trial and error was just dumping people into the FEV. It's also possible that it's any highly irradiated human that makes a mutant. This would explain why only super mutants appear in Vault 87. The subjects get irradiated on the way into the vault. It also explains why at least two aren't stupid, they were original Vault Dwellers. It's possible that there were many intelligent Super Mutants, but they were killed in the two hundred year long period of gathering an army. Fawkes doesn't actually remember those times. He just knew that he was imprisoned for being non-violent and for not wanting to spread his mutation. It's a bit of a stretch, but it's buyable
>>
>>318579519
So then if you actually played it, within the first 5 minutes it explains why the eastern BoS wanted to protect people
>>
>>318586413
>because they are under the impression that the nuclear war was done with bombers crossing a continent and an ocean during a worldwide fuel crisis and delivering antiquated nuclear weapons over 100 years old instead of the nuclear ICBMs that were actually used.

I was so fucking relieved to see an actual ICBM in NV

Like, shit I get that the theme of Fallout is "50s styled civilization" but that applies mostly to culture. There's absolutely no fucking reason for any fatman-styled nuclear bombs to still exist when they had already invented shit like laser weapons and automated sentries
>>
>>318583429
>super mutants are more of a result from prolonged exposed to radiation

You are a dummy. A big, big dummy.
>>
Brotherhood of steel are not the knights in shining armor FO3 and FO4 makes them out to be
>>
>>318587225

Can you imagine lonesome road made by Bethesda?
>>
>>318587002
Pete Hines doesn't know the lore and instead of admitting it, he had a passive aggressive shit fit with fans who pointed out that Jet shouldn't be in a pre-war vault.

>inb4 Myron lied
Nothing supports this except your judgement of his character.
>>
>>318587002

It's not supposed to be on the east coast, it was made near exclusively by the Mordinos on the west coast. Assuming that you didn't kill everyone at that lab in Fallout 2, and the recipe somehow made its way to the east coast, how the fuck did it get there through all those storms, and why is it fucking everywhere?
>>
>>318587002
Jet is a non insignificant portion of one of the earlier game's plot. It was explicitly developed in the wasteland, to boot.

They just casually mention in pre war logs that people had jet at some point in 4. Showing they never gave a shit about the origionals - which isnt shocking.

This is a FPS Fallout themed game. Deal with it, number nerds, says Todd.
>>
Bethesda's Fallouts feel like a mix of different people thinking "hey, this idea would be funny/cool to add" and then just adding all of those ideas without any regard to consistency.

"Hey, there should be a creepy house like a monster movie, and we'll have a deathclaw be the monster!"
Then they just add it without looking to see if it conflicts with previously established deathclaw behavior, or even feels right in game. That museum sure felt scary while I was listening to BONGOBONGOBONGO on the radio.

"Hey, ghouls can live a long time, wouldn't it be cool if one survived without any knowledge of what happened outside?"

"What's something other than nukes and giant robots that we can add to make our game feel big and epic?"
"I'm out of ideas and all of the other Fallouts just aren't epic enough to take ideas from!"
"Wait a minute, we missed one..."
I am 90% sure that's how they got the idea to bring the Zeppelin into the game.
>>
>>318587002
>>318587575

Besides the fact that Jet as far as Bethesda sees it is a magic 10 second time slower instead of being an incredibly addicting drug that grips its users to keep wanting more and more, like Myron originally engineered it to be. Basically, its supposed to be super crack, not a 10 second energy shot.
>>
You know, thinking about the fact that the settlement system in 4 is so devoid of anything gave me a idea for how to improve it in a mod.

>After completing the games main story your settlements begin to go under heavy attack by super mutant armies from the north
>They are led by a Frank Harrigan type super mutant he would be a experiment by the east coast enclave to try to create their own super soldier
>Unlike the current 'under attack' missions where your settlers are immortal and the only thing comparable to a loss is you dying and losing a minute reloading a save you can actually lose your settlements.
>>If all of your settlers are killed then the settlement is taken by the super mutants, you can no longer fast travel to it or use the workshop.
>>To prevent players cheesing it by building walls around all of their settlers while a settlement is under attack settlers have a random chance of running away. If you win the battle all settlers that ran away come back but if ALL of your settlers run away then the settlement is taken by the super mutants
>You know all of those empty settlements you have that you never use with 0 settlers in them? Super mutants can take those automatically assuming that they have 0 defense.
>As they take more settlements their numbers in the wasteland increase in number and the rate of their attacks increase drastically
>If they take all of your settlements then they will launch a attack on diamond city weekly in game, if a single battle is lost then the entire city falls to the super mutants.

>On the other hand, to subvert this killing the leaders of the razed settlements and finally reaching and killing the leader of the super mutants will stop the super mutant attacks and scatter their forces. The places they have already taken by this point will still be unusable and destroyed.
>>
>>318587461

>Nuclear Silos are actually air bases with huge ass WW2 era bombers that have nuclear bombs loaded into them
>All Divide enemies replaced by le ebil super mutants XDDDD
>you stumble into 50s styled houses left and right
>ED-E replaced by a Mr. Handy
>ending allows you to bomb the Mojave with a fatman, you somehow pilot the bomber plane and then Ulysses rides the bomb screaming YEEEEHAW PARDNER
>>
>>318584913
He says this. and also " i dont get why we're leaving the only one that could ever possibly come back to bite us in the ass alive, but le eggheads said so so i does it. RIP MUH BABY"
>>
File: That Smile.jpg (231 KB, 624x640) Image search: [Google]
That Smile.jpg
231 KB, 624x640
>>318587461
>step into the divide
>12 ICBMs can be seen in the distance taking off
>looking into the valley, a pitched battle between Enclave and Brotherhood to decide the fate of America
>the elder of The Divide branch of the brotherhood runs up to you, auto equipping your new t-71c power armor and promoting you to elder
>"I saw you coming by tracking your pip-boy, I know you must be resourceful, we need your help against the Enclave. They're here t- do you hear tha-?"
>nothing
>reload to fix scripting error
>"that?"
>an alien laser reduces him to a pile of dust
>mothership omega looms into view
>objective updated -survive
>>
>>318574403
But don't they say that the Mutant armies started to move out into the East once you destroy the Master?

I always assumed the Super Mutants you see on the East coast are just remnants of the Master's army.
>>
>>318587036
Supermutants can fuck just fine. They are sterile, not impotent. The Master himself notes that the FEV and dipping process does not destroy genitalia when you talk to him. The problem is that they are sterile.

It has already been established that irradiated humans and humans with previous low-grade FEV exposure produce the stupid mutants. "Prime normals" are humans from vaults that are specifically targeted for capture and dipping because they produce the genius type supermutants like Lieutenant.

The radiation at the entrance of Vault 87 is instantly lethal to humans. This is canon and supported in-game. FEV does not work on dead things, so again Vault 87 does not work through kidnapping humans no matter how hard Bethesda tries to handwave it.

It is mentioned in FO3 that the strain of FEV used in Vault 87 was airborne, used in gas chambers. This strain produces retarded, hyper aggressive mutants that never stop growing in size, thus eventually producing behemoths that are only seen on the east coast. There are only two non-stupid mutants in FO3 and are comparatively statistical anomalies. Fawkes and that one friendly mutant that shows up in a random encounter. No further background or information is given on how they developed into intelligent mutants because Bethesda.
>>
>>318588313

There should not be that many of them, Master didn't dip hundreds of thousands of people and then they all had an exodus East.
>>
>>318588313
Nah, in F3 there was a vault with FEV(?) and then a fuckload of radiation which made them all incredibly stupid.

In 4 the institute makes them but I don't know where they got the FEV even the scientists don't know.
>>
>>318587812
Now to be fair, this is a reasonable gameplay element. It should make you and addict in a single hit though and Jet should be a "my life isnt that shit yet", with it being seeing mostly with raiders and dead junkies.
>>
>>318588517

IT JUST WORKS xD
>>
>>318588517
Why do people keep bringing this up when these mutants aren't corn pop colored?
>>
>>318588283

Oh shit, I actually got angry just from contemplating this.
>>
>>318587720
>That museum sure felt scary while I was listening to BONGOBONGOBONGO on the radio.

This is your own fault. I'm not singling you out, because I did the same thing on my first playthrough of 3. I felt that the atmosphere just wasn't right, everything was too cheerful and upbeat. On my second playthrough, I decided not to turn on the radio on my Pip-Boy and was amazed how much not having background music affects the mood. A faint radio playing somewhere in the area versus having it play through your Pip-Boy are two entirely different experiences. Try it, seriously.
>>
File: Anon comes at FO3 hard.jpg (2 MB, 1609x3554) Image search: [Google]
Anon comes at FO3 hard.jpg
2 MB, 1609x3554
>>318585209
Hey dude, I liked your five post rant on this so much that I saved it. I like you and hope you're happy in life.
>>
>>318588530

It could be reasonable yes, but Jet as it was first and foremost is basically an escape for the lowest of society, not a combat enhancer as you make mention.
>>
File: 32f345.gif (109 KB, 176x304) Image search: [Google]
32f345.gif
109 KB, 176x304
>>318587536
>That reply

Look I get it, us lore fags are insufferable, but if you can't be assed to make sure the universe you're writing has any sense of coherence, don't fucking bother.
>>
>>318575096
Don't forget cats
>>
>>318588735
Scary things are scary because you aren't able to make them go away easily.

A dark room isn't scary when you have your hand on the light switch.
>>
>>318588868
Fallout 2

Immediate:
+2 Action Points
+1 Strength
+1 Perception
After 5 Minutes:
-4 Action Points
-4 Strength
-4 Perception
After 24 Hours:
+2 Action Points
+3 Strength
+3 Perception
>>
File: joshsawyer1.jpg (14 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
joshsawyer1.jpg
14 KB, 320x180
"There was never going to be DLC in a Legion city, but we were going to have Legion settlements and camps on the east side of the Colorado River. Those were cut due to time constraints, not memory constraints.

We joked about doing a Mojave Outpost false ending where you could ask Major Knight if you could head back into NCR. He would warn you that the way back likely wouldn’t open up for a while and you could confirm that yeah, you didn’t have any interest in sticking around. Roll credits."
>>
>>318589109
Between the NCR, House, and an independent Vegas, I felt that the player had three “soft” grey choices. The NCR is a soupy mess because that’s how republics tend to be. There’s a lot of corruption, bureaucracy, political pandering, and petty abuses at high levels of authority, but those are things the Courier can steer like a big, awkward ship. You can influence how the NCR deals with various groups and get mostly the results you expect, but there are side effects because the NCR is still a soupy mess at the end of it.

With House, there’s not much negotiation. He knows exactly what he wants with very little margin for course-correction. You can go behind Colonel Moore’s back to ally NCR with the Brotherhood of Steel. There’s no going behind House’s back and staying on his good side. House is strong and stable within his small sphere of influence but dictatorial within that sphere. He leverages economic power and access to resources (water and electricity) to maintain control, as far as that goes.

The independent ending is “free” with all of the consequences that come with a weak/non-existent government. Each sub-faction within New Vegas is free to conduct themselves as they wish, often coming into conflict with other sub-factions. As there’s no higher governing or law enforcement body (exception: Securitrons), it’s pretty hard for things to run smoothly.

Caesar created the Legion through brutal means and he is only able to maintain the Legion through similar, in some cases even more severe, means. All of the tribes he conquered and incorporated into the Legion learned that this was “the way”. Caesar couldn’t allow members of the Legion to maintain their own languages and customs because it undermined solidarity. He couldn’t allow traditional families because it tied soldiers to people and places –
>>
Would if work if they remade the first 2 games except in the new engine/gamestyle and then maybe added some extra stuff like new enemy's and expanded the areas would people buy that because I probably would
>>
>>318587720
To be fair zeppelins were used in Fallout Tactics.

A portion of the west coast BoS were effectively exiled/sent on a suicide mission to cross the continent. They were only able to make any progress using their zeppelins, and even then all zeppelins were destroyed and crashed in the Midwest before they ever reached the coast. Thus the formation of the Midwest BoS from the crash survivors.

And then somehow the D.C. BoS have developed some magical manufacturing capacity to not only recreate a zeppelin from scratch, but also rebuild Liberty Prime after he got fucking vaporized. They even recreated his unlimited stockpile of nuclear footballs. I find this extremely hard to believe considering how often I hear of D.C. being a completely bombed out resourceless wasteland being the reason why everything in FO3 is retarded.
>>
>>318589206
– people other than Caesar and fellow legionaries. He couldn’t allow rank and file recruits access to advanced weaponry or technology because it undermined fear of superiors and reliance on Caesar.

Of course, all of this only “functions” and continues to grow if the Legion continues to conquer and/or increases its slave population. But Caesar’s long-term dream is of the Legion watching over a civilian empire, which is why he’s so dead-set on New Vegas.

So, the Legion is the way it is because Caesar is a warlord who maintains control through his cult of personality and the fear of his disapproval (with severe consequences). The historical Caesar was known for being unusually merciful, but he was playing to societies that were much more accepting of mercy. Caesar taught the Legion mercilessness, so that is what they expect, what they consider strong.

There’s nothing really morally grey about Liberia’s Charles Taylor, but he’s a real guy who did astoundingly terrible things for the sake of maintaining power. In the context of F:NV, I don’t think Caesar and the Legion need to be thought of as “grey” like the player’s other options. I think they can be what they are, as they are, because the lie of their fiction is intended to provoke thoughts about truth, i.e. the nature of humans who rise to power in such circumstances. When we say “war never changes”, we’re talking about things like this."
>>
Sawyer on what he would change if he had more time

"There are a few things:

* Try to find more time to fix bugs.

* Improve the characterization of Caesar’s Legion. More Legion-specific content would have gone a long way. We weren’t able to fit Ulysses as a companion into F:NV, but he would have helped a lot.

* Improve a lot of the minor locations on the Mojave Wasteland. I don’t think we needed more of them, but some of them didn’t get enough time to flesh them out.

* Optimize the Strip and Freeside enough to let them be be contiguous spaces instead of split up across multiple maps. Admittedly, this would have been difficult even with additional time.

* Remove more of the invisible barriers we placed early on. Scott Everts was concerned about sight lines at high elevations, but people cared a lot less about that than they did about the invisible walls. That’s why we tried really hard to avoid them as much as possible in Honest Hearts.

* Spend more time on unique random encounters in the Mojave Wasteland.

Those are the major things. I don’t think I can speak for the rest of the team."
>>
>>318589278
I know.
I was implying that Bethesda was so out of ideas that they had to borrow from a game they themselves consider non-canon.
>>
>>318589071
I don't understand what you're getting at. You're saying that no matter what, that scene cannot be scary, because you have the option of putting on unfitting music in the background? I can have Careless Whisper play over Jack Nicholson screaming "HEEEERE'S JOHNNY," but that doesn't make the original scene itself less scary - you as the viewer have fucked it up.
>>
>>318589214
I'd pirate it, but it would never be the same. The sense of open wasteland travel and time would never be allowed.
>>
>>318588830

Keep reposting it forever.
>>
>>318589214
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtPQpoV6IV0
>>
>>318589206
>With House, there’s not much negotiation. He knows exactly what he wants with very little margin for course-correction.

You influence him in his endings with you. Make him a little more human or keep him the same and he makes sure you're taken care of so you don't fuck his shit up.
>>
I'm gonna sound autistic but one of the things the bothered me the most about FO4 was the lack of "themes" to role play as
NV had things like cowboys, rangers, mobsters and legionnaires which was kinda cool because you could outfit your character with an assortment of weapons and armor to match your roleplaying (it even had perks)
FO4 had one idea which was the minuteman and it had 2 outfits and one weapon
>>
>>318587536
There's a difference between an expectation of realism and defying the laws of nature just 'bcuz there's mutants so anything makes sense!!!'
>>
>>318588868
Jet is like metamphetamine on speed, so while you're technically correct, Jet is certainly useful as a combat enhancer in a pinch.
>>
>>318589730
That's a Sawyer quote.

So it's pretty much fact
>>
>>318589086

50% Chance of Addiction, which is permanent without the Cure
After 2 days on Non-Use
-1 Strength
-1 Perception
-1 Action Point
>>
>>318587536
>>318589036
It should be said that Hines shouldn't really be the target of that kind of discussion. He's just a businessman. He has absolutely nothing to do with the actual games. You might as well get upset at a janitor working at Bethesda for talking shit on Twitter.
>>
>>318589537
You're thinking out of character. As a player, you want to have atmosphere and be scared by what the developers want you to be scared by.

As a wasteland wanderer, what reason would you have to turn off your radio? This is just another building that you're rummaging through. In fact, the place being scary is even more of a reason to leave your radio on.

If I blast my own music while playing a horror game, it's my fault. If a horror game lets me play unfitting music in-game, it's the game's fault.
>>
>>318589929
he would make neutral canon
>>
>>318589889

I'm not saying it can't be, I'm saying that that's not what it was made for among other reasons Bethesda fucked it up and I'm just salty about it.
>>
File: 1440474674671.png (309 KB, 455x401) Image search: [Google]
1440474674671.png
309 KB, 455x401
>>318590105
Are you autistic or something?

If you want places to have more impact than just turn the fucking radio volume down in the settings and listen to the ambient track.

Granted the ambient tracks in this game are garbage but you're nitpicking at a made up issue.
>>
>>318581817
I kinda think they've spent close to 200 years on a charger or something.. that can kinda cause burnout on batteries.
>>
>>318584803
no. West Tek was in charge of FEV. Vault-Tec was in charge of Vaults.

That's like giving West Tek control of the vaults.
>>
File: frogsittingdown.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
frogsittingdown.gif
2 MB, 320x240
Ok, my problem with the lore of the cores being almost empty is that there should be a lot of full cores around. The enclave is still producing powered armor in 2277, and it's only been 10 years since then. There should be full cores floating around, hell the brotherhood should have captured some no problem. We know that the brotherhood in 3 fought the enclave and liberty prime was destroyed, they have liberty prime in 4, so they should also have fresh cores.
>>
>>318590105
I'll argue against that and say that I'm thinking in-character. Why would I leave my radio on when the noise could alert unsavory folks like raiders? In a supposedly abandoned building that has been talked up as to having strange noises coming out of it and even being haunted, I'd want to be as quiet and alert as possible.

I get that we can go back and forth with this, but the fact remains that the scene as intended went well, but having lots of player agency will always screw up situations in games like we're discussing.
>>
>>318590053
Then you say you'll look into it with the story department instead of spewing bullshit about realism and flaring the autism of lorefags.

If I had a public twitter for my real estate job and people came to me about a construction question, I'd refer them to someones who knows, or get the informed answer myself for them.
>>
>>318585209
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmpui8B6428
>>
If they make a sequel to NV, what ending will they go with?

Canonically, the Legion are the bad guys. But Yes man, House, and NCR are all grey.
>>
I'm really annoyed about T60 power armor being pre-war.

Based on the design, it should be the east coast brotherhood's new version of power armor based on the T45.
>>
>>318580990
Those things are made to last one thousand years with normal use, and in previous games, a single cell would provide energy for a power armor for at least a hundred years.

>>318590526
Of course, I'm not saying he handled the situation properly, I'm just saying there's no reason to get so pissed at him.
>>
>>318590428
>batteries
Fusion Power Core
Fusion Power

not electrons and cathodes
>>
>>318590703
>I'm just saying there's no reason to get so pissed at him.
If you shrunk the scale of this company and he weren't a big name, he'd actually get shit for causing a minor outrage.
>>
>>318576769
Didn't FO 1 and 2 have an Alien blaster?
>>
>>318589294

Caesar's ultimate goal is a battle with NCR, not because he's sure he'll work into a military victory, but because he know the odds are very good that he'll achieve a CULTURAL victory, where the survivors from both sides will be only the strongest and best men and women from both sides, and one will absorb the other as right of conquest.

Thus, even if he loses, the legion will live on, and the NCR of old will no longer exist. It'll be forever changed by all the legion soldiers and citizens they absorbed. Or he wins, and then the same thing happens, but he'll get to sit on a throne in Vegas.
>>
>>318590879
Fallout 2 had a fucking phaser from star trek, doesn't mean a damn thing.
>>
>>318589053
Cats were mentioned in 2 though.
>>
>>318586289
>>318586413
THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN FUCKING SAYING. LOOK AT THE MANUFACTURERS. LOOK AT WATTZ.

THEY HAD PERSONAL CIVILIAN SELF-DEFENSE ENERGY WEAPONS THAT LOOK FULLY MADE AND NOT SOME FUCKING MIDDLE SCHOOL SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT GARBAGE OUT OF SPARE PARTS.

What Bethesda does is make any reference to a company a one-and-done type of deal. They needed to make a quest fit into their game and then they toss the idea out the window. The old Fallout games incorporate these ideas and run with it the entire game so that everyone knows them.
>>
So, minutemen or brotherhood ending?

If Nick getting fucked because the brotherhood, so probably minutemen, right?

Also fuck the railroad.
>>
>>318590675
I'm more annoyed that t-45 looks more advanced than t-51.
And apparently someone at bethesda thought the same because then we got the t-60, which looks almost identical to the t-45 but is better because it has a bigger number.
>>
>>318590847
Again, I'm not saying he did things right, but in the end, he doesn't matter for shit, and getting mad at him is just a waste of time.
>>
>>318591164
>brotherhood
If you want a kek to get his way, sure.
>>
>>318591164
Nick won't get killed, just dosappointed.

Deacon will die however.

Fuck X6-88, I want to kill him as soon as I get his perk.
>>
>>318591263
>t-45 looks more advanced than t-51
How? It's blockier canonically harder to move in.

t-51 is a straight upgrade in all ways.
>>
>>318590618
Probably go with NCR victory at hoover dam
>>
>>318591263
I always thought the T-45 looked like a primitive piece of shit, really.
>>
>>318590879
>>318590994
Don't forget the fucking Holy Hand Grenade.

You can't take things like that seriously. They're just easter eggs.
>>
File: latest[2].png (1 MB, 1750x1100) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
1 MB, 1750x1100
why can't all energy weapons look like this?

it's within the capability of the Fallout universe taking place in an alternate future but since it is Pre-War it is all rusted and worn down. It is not made of crap. Someone put effort into making this.
>>
>>318590419
Your logic is stupid. It's like saying "You find this game too easy? Just stop using the block button."
Yes I can change the atmosphere by changing things outside of the game, but that isn't really how roleplaying games are supposed to work.

>>318590523
This I understand. Still, I think the game is a little too all over the place with it's tone. I went straight from the Silver Shroud quest into the Museum, so it felt especially off. Eh, it is just a small complaint at this point, though.
>>
File: Old-v vs New-v.png (68 KB, 264x1608) Image search: [Google]
Old-v vs New-v.png
68 KB, 264x1608
>>318591297
>waste of time

But that's the thing
I'm always mad
>>
Reminder that the institute can probably ally with NCR since they really don't give two fucks and have a hard time maintaining territory anyway. Just a matter of the institute loaning smart synths for their infrastructure and taking out Caesar's legion's leaders while the NCR hands off territory and resources for the institute to expand.
>>
>>318591545
to be fair, the energy weapons in fallout 4 look a lot cleaner and professional. Like they weren't put together by a mad scientist while he was waiting out the radiation in his bunker.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.