[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yet Another Fucking Ghostbusters Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (2 MB, 1693x1075) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1693x1075
I saw it this morning, after months of hype and argument.

I came out of it moderately pleased; I wasn't going to get the old Ghostbusters and that was okay, and I was fine with a lot of the new stuff they brought to the table.

However, as the day's gone on, and I keep remembering all the good bits from the original (like 99% of the film), I start to wonder: Did the filmmakers even fucking watch the original?

I mean, you look at all the BTS interviews, all of them are saying they have a deep love for the original movie and just want to update it. However, the new film seems to fundamentally misunderstand why the original film works, and why it's lasted for so long while other movies fade into obscurity.

Ghostbusters thrives on the chemistry of it's characters, and the development of the characters themselves. We get the sense that all three of the original team have been friends for years, but the movie doesn't feel the need to explicitly say that to us. Likewise, how it handled the religious implications of ghosts was pretty simple: They are literally undead souls, being brought back to life by a God. No extreme technobabble on the part of the villain, no science-y opening of portals to other dimensions, just Gozer walkin' into town and fuckin' shit up.

New film doesn't have too much chemistry between them all. They just sort of...move. No burial of hatchets, no deepseated rivalries, no history. Their ghosts, for lack of a better term, simply aren't there.

The villain is absolute shit in this, but he had some fuckin' potential if they had given him a motivation beyond "Was Bullied".

I have more, but that's just where I'm at right now.
>>
>>72028786
Sage
>>
Just got home from watch this. It's so fucking moderately enjoyable. :)
>>
>>72028880
Well fuck you too
>>
>>72027955
Sage
>>
>>72028920
And that's my beef with it, honestly. It's nothing more than decent.

Ghostbusters should be excellent.
>>
>tfw going to see it tonight and then drive 50 more minutes to see neon demon again
haha
>>
>>72028970
Bump the soundtrack for Neon Demon on your drive, shit's dope and sexy as hell.
>>
In the film itself, the gorrila was actually not as over the top as the trailers suggested. Although I still don't think they did enough with her character. Other than the obvious "black" moments they showed in the trailer, she actually seemed somewhat smart and kind of a history buff, they should have built on that a little more.

>>72028964
Well I was pleasantly surprised and wouldn't mind a sequel. Honestly, Sony should fire their marketing team for putting together such piss poor trailers.
>>
>>72029011
Yeah, really it's McCarthy and Wiig that sucked the most.

McKinnon kicked ass as Holtzmann though, if it were only about her I'd be ecstatic. Way better than the movie deserved.
>>
>>72027955
>and that was okay

And that's why you're a piece of shit.
>>
>>72029077
Read the rest of it, jackass.
>>
>>72029071
>Yeah, really it's McCarthy and Wiig that sucked the most.
They did feel like the weaker characters of the group. It's funny how the two characters who they made to look stereotypical and annoying turned out to be more likable.
>>
Agreed. I watched it last night and the my only honest response is an overwhelming sense of "meh".

The opening sequence made it seem like the museum character had literally died - Falling into an undead vortex apparently means you only shit your britches?

The relationship between the two main characters seemed to be swept under the carpet so quickly because they saw a ghost. No residual anger or resentment after years of hard work down the drain, no little quips or jabs, just *poof* "Hey we were friends the whole time!"

The ability for the engineer character to create ridiculous technology in unrealistic timeframes - Not impressive, just ridiculous.

Why was the villian so invested in what he was doing? How was he so talented? Where did his passion for souls and the undead come from? "He's bullied", and stupidly so, the forced "bullying" that other characters do to him didn't make sense because his character wasn't that weird.

One scene they are coming terms to how to use their weaponry. It takes three of them to wrangle a single ghost. Soon enough they are battling an army of ghosts and melting through them like butter. How?

The humour was decent. Typical stuff you would expect from a McCarthy movie.
>>
>>72028880
>>72028954
>doesn't understand the purpose of sage
>pathetic attempt at sagebombing
>>
>>72029315
It's pronounced sa-ge
>>
File: 1287265952965.jpg (67 KB, 437x333) Image search: [Google]
1287265952965.jpg
67 KB, 437x333
>>72027820
>"Maybe if it is showing on tv."

Rick Moranis confirmed for not being a Hollywood sell out.

>>72027955
>I saw it this morning, after months of hype and argument
Meanwhile the op of this thread is a cuck, and as always a faggot.

Stay classy OP
>>
We will stream the old ghostbusters movies tonight

Get in.

Filthycasuals
.tv
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.