[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lbg/ - Letterboxd General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 57
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-27-08h39m45s510.png (1 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-27-08h39m45s510.png
1 MB, 1920x1040
Rate. Discuss. Watch.
>>
http://letterboxd.com/bvgf/
>>
/pastafrola
>>
File: Age of Heroes.webm (3 MB, 1916x796) Image search: [Google]
Age of Heroes.webm
3 MB, 1916x796
So what is the /lbg/ consensus on Dawn of Justice, Ultimate (meaning: director's) cut?
>>
File: mpv-shot0058.jpg (192 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0058.jpg
192 KB, 1920x800
>>71516839
Improvement over the theatrical, but still a film with too many problems. It tries to bring so much more to the genre (and that's a good thing), it just isn't achieved that well.

Lex Luthor is still horribly miscast and Eisenberg is still atrocious. Gal Gadot still can't speak english. The soundtrack is still uninspired apart from the Man of Steel callbacks. The fight itself is underwhelming and ruined by the JL introduction placed right as the tension is building. Martha still is the reason they stop fighting. The Doomsday fight still sucks. Superman's death has no impact.

However, it does improve in some areas.

The editing is much better and everything actually flows. There's actually establishing shots. Superman actually does things Superman would do. Lex Luthor actually has a proper reasoning and explanation for his actions.

My rating went from 3/10 to 5/10.
>>
>>71516839
pretty helpful to identify plebs

if he gave BvS a high rating = pleb
>>
File: PR.jpg (335 KB, 1917x797) Image search: [Google]
PR.jpg
335 KB, 1917x797
>>71517059
Why do you think Luthor/Eisenberg is a miscast? He plays rather well the eccentric young millionaire/inventor with a sense of false superiority and know-it-all attitude, and in the end we see glimpses of his future self that people know from other media, stripped of the earlier false superiority attitude.

The soundtrack was decent enough, not bad but not particularly good either. There are maybe 2-3 songs that I like in there.. Better than Zimmer or Junkie's recent work. It was used effectively with repeating musical cues here and there.

To me the action and the CGI action was really good and improvement over MoS. Snyder has found a certain operatic energy to his work now and I hope he will continue to push it on his next film. Doomsday fight was a spectacle because of this and thrillingly paced, there was a clear sense of 'this shit is too difficult to deal with' It took basically Superman dying twice and another superhero to deal with it.

Consequences of his death are summarized quite fine in >>71516839 webm, so I think you might be a tad bit unfair.

(3.5/5, best capefilm I have seen)

Some of the dialogue really needed a different kind of setup or delivery though, Wonder Woman bits should've been paced differently in the end. Extra kudos for good pacing, I never felt the film was spinning its wheels in the 180 minute runtime.

By the way, is the unrated cut of Live Free or Die Hard good?
>>
>>71517637
>>71517059
get better taste
>>
let's bring up the quality of this thread
*farts*
>>
File: mpv-shot0059.jpg (174 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0059.jpg
174 KB, 1920x800
>>71517637
I get the idea of Luthor that they're going for, but as a character they're aiming to set up for it doesn't work at all. If they want to portray Luthor as this smart billionaire who can turn these superheroes against each other, the performance should've shown that. And I don't think it did. It portrayed Luthor more as a socially inept socialite than a person who could actually create this tension between the two. I know it worked for some people, but it just didn't for me.

The soundtrack was a massive step down from Man of Steel to me. The main theme from Man of Steel does get played occasionally throughout BvS, and it's by far the strongest part of the soundtrack. I think this soundtrack sounds very generic and really doesn't elevate any of the moments throughout the film. I think especially in the titular fight, there's not a heavy soundtrack that really would've benefited it. It just feels kind of mediocre because of that. Also because the tension is immediately killed by the JL introduction before it, but that's beside the point.

Well I just have to disagree. The Doomsday fight felt very cliche. It felt like another 'heroes must stop the end of the world' scenario, that is really tired at this point in the superhero genre. I didn't really find it thrilling, especially when the CGI is so heavily used. It just kind of feels like a screen test at points honestly.

Ah, well I don't mean his death has no consequences, I just mean it has little impact on the viewer. Snyder is obviously trying to use elements of the Death of Superman comic, but doesn't really understand why it works in the first place. In that story, Superman has been around for a while, and is almost universally regarded as a great hero. He is seen positively by almost everyone, and represents the ideal for humanity to strive towards. And when he fights Doomsday and subsequently sacrifices himself, it's because he can't beat him otherwise.

Will continue in next post, just gimme a sec.
>>
File: image.png (140 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
140 KB, 640x480
http://letterboxd.com/hugemoff
>>
File: letterbox.png (853 KB, 989x774) Image search: [Google]
letterbox.png
853 KB, 989x774
>>71517637
If you really think BvS is the superhero/comic book film then I don´t know what to think. Me and my girlfriend were laughing our asses off on how cringe worthy the movie was. Though I admit it seems that the Directors Cut might fix a lot of things

http://letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/

Dunno what I´m going to watch today
>>
>>71518158
of course some faggot would make an omar mateen pepe
>>
>>71518161
>gf
kys
>>
File: Capture.png (664 KB, 654x597) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
664 KB, 654x597
g'day lads, take that energy you'll use to shit on my favourite films and read my Independence Day review instead

https://letterboxd.com/CianLangan/

https://letterboxd.com/cianlangan/film/independence-day-resurgence/
>>
>>71518105
there's no going down in quality when the thread starts out with two virginal sperglords unironically discussing le cape man vs le cape man, we can only go up from here

>>71518233
stop preoccupying yourself with manchild shit and even you could get a gf
>>
>>71518186
>faggot
It probably wasn't a faggot
>>
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
Gettysburg
Sands of Iwo Jima
Top Gun
The Birth of a Nation
Black Hawk Down
Red Dawn
A Few Good Men
Team America
Platoon
Rocky IV
Born on the Fourth of July
Heaven & Earth
>>
File: mpv-shot0060.jpg (140 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0060.jpg
140 KB, 1920x800
>>71518137
2/2.

Superman is BvS is still a controversial figure. We get a lot of time spent on the consequences of the Metropolis attack, and get a lot of moments dealing with humanity's view of Superman. And it's a very mixed response. It's definitely not all positive. He's also yet to become the 'perfect man' that he is in the original story. He helps people sure. But he still is unsure of his place in the world. He still is unsure of where his allegiances lie. He isn't the beacon of hope for humanity yet. We've been shown that this Superman isn't the perfect human and ideal. He's a flawed character (which some will argue is better), but subsequently one that doesn't work.

After being exposed to two films where we are told to question the place of Superman in the world and whether or not he is a worthwhile hero, the fact he is suddenly treated as a person to be mournful over, doesn't quite fit. It doesn't retain the power of the original story they were obviously going for.

Watchmen (Director's Cut) is still the best capefilm in my opinion.

The dialogue I will agree with, as well as Wonder Woman's place in this. She is really only in this to set up her solo movie and the final Doomsday fight.

The pacing is better than the theatrical by a mile though. I don't feel like I'm looking at my watch a bunch like I was in the cinema, that's for sure.
>>
>>71517635
this senpai
>>
File: 1463924847014.jpg (75 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1463924847014.jpg
75 KB, 500x375
>3.5/5
>best capefilm I have seen
>>
>>71518412
dumb ghettoposter
>>
File: 4294.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4294.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
>Superman is BvS is still a controversial figure. We get a lot of time spent on the
consequences of the Metropolis attack, and get a lot of moments dealing with humanity's view of Superman. And it's a very mixed response. It's definitely not all positive. He's also yet to become the 'perfect man' that he is in the original story. He helps people sure. But he still is unsure of his place in the world. He still is unsure of where his allegiances lie. He isn't the beacon of hope for humanity yet. We've been shown that this Superman isn't the perfect human and ideal. He's a flawed character (which some will argue is better), but subsequently one that doesn't work.

After being exposed to two films where we are told to question the place of Superman in the world and whether or not he is a worthwhile hero, the fact he is suddenly treated as a person to be mournful over, doesn't quite fit. It doesn't retain the power of the original story they were obviously going for.
>>
>>71518297
having a gf is a problem if you want to watch films seriously
>>
>>71518449
great argument :)))
>>
>>71518457
not if you know how to handle your shit
>>
>>71516839
best capefilm ever made IMO
>>
File: fox censors.gif (403 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
fox censors.gif
403 KB, 500x372
>>71518457
>>
>>71518527
i don't argue with /v/ refugees
>>
>>71518643
Never even browsed /v/ but whatever.

Not going to bother with someone who can't present an actual point outside of memeing.
>>
File: lettterbox.png (635 KB, 648x591) Image search: [Google]
lettterbox.png
635 KB, 648x591
https://letterboxd.com/hairlesseagle/

I went 2 weeks without watching a film and I'm completely lost on what to watch next
>>
File: 4K when.jpg (460 KB, 1916x796) Image search: [Google]
4K when.jpg
460 KB, 1916x796
>>71518137
You are comparing him to some other version of Luthor, I believe. What was shown and portrayed worked for the film and the narrative. He even gets half-win in the film by proving Superman is not all powerful, but is good in the heart so his loss isn't a complete loss. He was debating the problem of evil and wanted an answer, and he got it in the end.

>The soundtrack was a massive step down from Man of Steel to me.
There are definitely 2-3 pieces that elevate the mood in BvS, the most operatic moments of 'Do You Bleed', the heavy metal like Wonder Woman theme (Is She With You) was a real treat amidst all the generic Zimmerism, the first half of 'This Is My World' suited the scene wonderfully, and Fight Night. Again, I'm saying it's decent and better than I'm used to from modern Zimmer, I'm not saying it is all good or great, but suitable enough to carry scene
>Superman is BvS is still a controversial figure.
>he is suddenly treated as a person to be mournful over, doesn't quite fit
>In that story, Superman has been around for a while, and is almost universally regarded as a great hero. He is seen positively by almost everyone, and represents the ideal for humanity to strive towards. And when he fights Doomsday and subsequently sacrifices himself, it's because he can't beat him otherwise.

It's the reverse in (from the POV of the public) in Dawn of Justice and I find it executed rather well. He is a controversial or even hated character in the film. Clark's moment of sacrifice after 'This is my world' is probably my favorite scene of the film and Snyder somehow manages to make Cavill convincing. That's the gold moment when he drives the spear through him, with the elevating music piece playing and the 'Look around you' is a sign of new age of magic/heroes coming to birth. It, despite 'He can't die because [comics] or [it's a franchise], feels earned moment to me.

And it's a film of changes, both Wayne and Clark change at the end I feel it is earned.
>>
what kino should I watch with my friends
>>
>>71518296
>>71518729
>meme favorites
>>
File: 1466247316528.jpg (181 KB, 2158x1136) Image search: [Google]
1466247316528.jpg
181 KB, 2158x1136
marvel & DC are both nuevo-culture bar-lowered shit-content-pushers. they're both idly entertaining the absolute scum of movie audiences with their frivolous movies. what about BADASS MAVERICKS like TIM BURTON? remember that intelligent individual? shit, man, he had a warehouse of specialfx goodies that they drew from, they'd build some awesome stuff on his own accord cause he's a fucking genius. and then they'd get some A-list actors, roll the cameras and MAKE FILMS. THAT'S the VIBE, man. THAT'S where it was AT. not these two culture-demon coorporations making green screen movies from writers stuck in their phony dusty pseudo-retro dying-corners. look at the fucking goof spiderman in the trailer. barging into the trailer for views. that's not my hero. shouldn't be anyone's hero. what losers you people are
>>
File: disgusting.png (205 KB, 492x479) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
205 KB, 492x479
>last place to not shitpost about capeshit on /tv/
>gets finally fucked
>>
>>71518936
dumb shitposter
>>
>>71518296
>>71518729
>meme favorites
>>
>>71518988
better post an anime image to show them how superior i am
>>
>>71519004
but i elevate the discourse. i have pointed opinions & i express them to an apparently memorable degree, seeing as you are coming at me like this after some thread where i casually shut down your mediocre assembly-line movies. srsly ur just gna respond 'reddit' to this post. make a goddamn point, shithead.
>>
File: 1438460535155.jpg (31 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1438460535155.jpg
31 KB, 400x600
I don´t mind capeshit but why the hell do we have to have the discussion here because there are dozens of threads about this already
>>
File: mpv-shot0061.jpg (190 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0061.jpg
190 KB, 1920x800
>>71518742
Yeah, I guess. I just don't think his performance was convincing in this version they were aiming for. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. If you want to make the case for whether Luthor 'won' or not, there's a good point there.

'Do You Bleed' if I recall correctly plays during the Batmobile chase? I think it's suitable during that moment. 'This Is My World' actually enhances the scene so I will agree with you on that. 'Is She With You' is just not on the same level. It feels extremely generic and designed in an attempt to seem 'cool' just like the heavy rock that plays during the Spartan charge in 300. It feels overdone and subsequently, actually detracts from the scene.

It is the reverse, and they certainly do portray Superman as controversial character. However, Superman's sacrifice still doesn't carry that emotional weight that it should. I think it's to do with the fact that we've built up this controversial image of Superman, as well as just seen this supposed 'Icon' go head to toe with Batman and get in a overly long fight with Doomsday. To see this man who's been beaten up and labeled a 'false god', suddenly turn and be labeled a hero following one night, seems unbelievable to me. The Jesus crucifixion symbolism immediately after the fight also leaves what just occurred over the top.

That makes sense. Wayne changes his opinions on the place on man in the universe and whether or not humanity is good. Clark though, is it the public's perception that changes? His sacrifice is obviously meant to mean he's finally understood his place in the world ("This is my world."). Has Clark really changed otherwise though? If it comes down to those, Bruce definitely changed more, though I guess it both extends to their personal worldview.

But I still don't think it's smart to have that occur then just kill him. (of course he's not dead because franchises, but you get the idea.)

I guess this film is a very polarizing one.
>>
>>71518988
Yeah you go Juho with your /a/ trash reaction images and Refn faggotry. Better act superior with two lines of greentext instead of starting a discussion about film.

If I were a dump frogposter I'd post a picture of it because damn kid kys
>>
>>71519079
Because someone posted about it. Blame them.
>>
>>71518988
like it or not they're the only two actually talking about movies lmao
>>
File: asuka smug.jpg (15 KB, 248x233) Image search: [Google]
asuka smug.jpg
15 KB, 248x233
>>71519274
>>
>>71519350
you cant even counter the argument in a convincing manner! which implies you are likely genetically inferior to everyone else when it comes to brain power! which means you are less likely to enact personal success in this world! which means you are less likely to get a hold of your very own femaliae to have and to hold forever til death does you part! which means your opinion holds less weight bitch! get bent you asked for it!
>>
File: ok.png (92 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
92 KB, 500x375
>>71519385
>>
>>71519253
>It is the reverse, and they certainly do portray Superman as controversial character. However, Superman's sacrifice still doesn't carry that emotional weight that it should.
I love the 'If you seek his monument, just look around' scene. It is all the weight it needs, second favorite scene from the film.

The overnight change, well it is probably more than an overnight? We see the funerals, we see the monument scene. It probably was few weeks at least.

The heavy metal piece of WW felt fun enough, even Gal Gadot is smiling n' shit when she gets thrown around. I felt it was deserved change from the Zimmerism.

I'm not sure how to interpret all the symbolism, god imagery and whatnot. The film does make a point how he is but a kryptonian and men insert the Jesus imagery on him (then again, there are blunt and blunter images of Supes=Jesus in the film that are just way too obvious for them to be smart in a way 'that's just you inserting it'. Probably needs a rewatch.

It was nice having this discussion, machill? or whoever posts mpv filenames.

But what about that unrated Live Free or Die Hard, is it good?
>>
>>71519308
they're talking about flicks
>>
>>71519707
Well, guess we'll just have to disagree. It didn't work for me, but glad it worked for you.

It of course didn't happen entirely overnight, funerals take a few days at least, but it fees very quick and sudden regardless.

Yeah, I guess. It didn't entertain me at all, but I guess it was different from Zimmer's score. Still think Zimmer has done much better scores than this in the past 5 years alone, often elevating otherwise mediocre films (Interstellar, Man of Steel).

I'm not too sure either. I'm not very educated in Christian theory and other types of religious art than what I've read and seen, so maybe it benefits from other knowledge. Probably would help with a rewatch.

No worries mate. It was good chatting to you. I'm bvgf. I need to go to bed anyway.

I've actually yet to see the unrated cut of it. I kind of consider the first three and the next two seperate. I think it was DirkH who described Live Free like light beer? Almost like the real thing but not really. So maybe the unrated cut helps. Sorry I can't help you there. Anyway, thanks for the chat.
>>
>>71519801
still the point stands. They're the only fucks not memeing
>>
>>71520161
Lets fix that and talk about Orson Welles or some shit
>>
Is the american remake of Breathless good? Or is Gere's penis the only good thing in it?
>>
>>71520621
it's better than the original
>>
>>71520695
i don't believe you
>>
File: Capture.png (627 KB, 596x545) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
627 KB, 596x545
http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
>>
>>71520755
t. gay
>>
>>71520958
>the pope raping of evolution_rex
>>
>>71520621
>>71520695
both are mediocre
>>
>>71520695
>>71521185
Nice shitposting, '''friends'''
>>
>>71521446
godard hate is a low effort meme desu senpai
>>
best thread yet
>>
What movie is in the OP?
>>
>>71521671
you're a low effort meme
>>
>>71521693
Duelle
>>
>>71521693
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
>>
This is hilarious! First time I see actual movie discussion happening in one of these /lgbt/ threads, and guess what, it's about CAPESHIT. Holy fucking shit you lot are pathetc. You people don't actually care about films, it's all posturing and posing.
>>
>>71521671
>it's a meme to have taste
really shows how far this place dropped since steakbro joined
>>
>>71521693
I was in doubt too, but then I focused in reading the wall and suddenly eureka
>>
>>71521834
You have none
>>
>>71521812
Lurk more then, faggot, there was a Spring Breakers discussion the other day.
>>
>>71516487
This thread is making me so so sad. All those movies people think are shit. Jesus /tv/ is in bad shape
>>
>>71521942
Spring Breakers is a memefilm, no better than capeshit

nosaj/steakbro are literally meme: the taste
>>
>>71521976
Probably the biggest bait thread ever
>>
>>71521909
(you)

>>71521942
Which is as subversive and anti-art as BvS and also this >>71522031

>>71521976
I fail to find a single person who is "wrong"
>>
File: This film exists.jpg (103 KB, 550x813) Image search: [Google]
This film exists.jpg
103 KB, 550x813
https://letterboxd.com/film/jewtopia
>>
>>71522063
I hope so, and perhaps some of the posts are bait, but then it gets replies agreeing with it. Too bad, man
>>
>>71521812
Nice memes.

Nice judging book by its covers.

Real epicO moral high ground with a shitpost.
>>
I love reading these threads, it makes me realize how superior I am to you all
>>
>>71522075
Keep up the shitposting, shitposter

>>71522130
Bait runs free all the time here. That and the whole board each day hitting a new bottom of plebness.
That thread is just another shitposting general, quite bothersome however for opening with such a fantastic film as Lake Mungo.
>>
if you don't like S2 of TD, or Only God Forgives, or Zack Snyder films, you are a pleb.
>>
>>71522340
>>>/v/
>>
>>71522340
Hi Josiah
>>
File: baito.png (92 KB, 955x957) Image search: [Google]
baito.png
92 KB, 955x957
>>71522340
this is one of the worst /lbg/ threads in a while
>>
>>71522340
if you're 15 years-old, maybe. but even that's a stretch.
>>
>>71522340
if you don't like The Master of Tree of Life or TND or Kurosawa you are a pleb
>>
>>71522399
You are not here often. Most are on this level but usually are worse
>>
>>71522340
there's only one good thing in the 3 mentionned in this post, can you find which one?
>>
The Embryo is immunized against all dangers: one may call him an autist, pleb, redditor, shitposter, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him an Embryo and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”
>>
>>71522433
Oh I´m here often but so far the thread is awful. it really shows that the weekend has begun
>>
>>71522482
summer weekend, what could possibly go wrong?
>>
>20 ips.
>90 posts.

>The only film discussion was from Machill +1.

Nice community you have here (:

Film discussion hehe
>>
File: antoine et colette.jpg (494 KB, 2140x1529) Image search: [Google]
antoine et colette.jpg
494 KB, 2140x1529
Is there a list somewhere of films released this year? I've been mainly focusing on older stuff and haven't gotten to around to seeing a lot of releases.
>>
>do you think is is good?
>no, i think it's bad
>YOU DISAGREE WITH ME? NICE SHITPOSTING :^)))))
>>
File: file.png (495 KB, 643x589) Image search: [Google]
file.png
495 KB, 643x589
http://letterboxd.com/steakbro/

time to go buy a replacement 1/4" > 3.5mm adapter for my headphones

too bad these stupid fucking things don't just use a normal goddamn AUX cable
>>
http://letterboxd.com/cakewalker/

anyone know any good films where the protagonist has amnesia?
>>
>>71523325
who the fuck names themself steakbro?
>>
>>71523377
cucks
>>
>>71523350
>it's a masterpiece
>3 stars
ok
>>
>>71523260

>>71523350
>>
File: download (3).jpg (7 KB, 176x246) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
7 KB, 176x246
>>
>>71523377
I STARTED this ME-ME-ME
>>
File: 40.jpg (248 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
40.jpg
248 KB, 1920x1080
>>71523414
>>
>>71523563
>>71521671
dumb ghettoposter
>>
>>71523260
http://www.indiewire.com/2016/05/the-best-indie-movies-of-2016-so-far-according-to-the-criticwire-network-290098/
>>
>>71523809
this is depressing
>>
>>71523864
Why? I don't see any reason for that to be 'depressing'
>>
>>71523964
because Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice didn't make it on the list
>>
File: enough.jpg (14 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
14 KB, 316x202
>BvS
>>
>>71524130
^
>>
>>71523350
The Bourne Identity
>>
>>71523350
The Bourne Supremacist
>>
>>71523350
I'd recommend Mulholland Drive. Yeah, it's a bit of a cliche at this point, and people love to shit on Lynch for perhaps being weird for the sake of being weird - but it is unsettling in a way that few other films have since been able to replicate.
>>
This is a good game rn
>>
BvS: DOJ.

SYNT: 5/5
STEAKBRO 4.5/5
NOSAJ 4/5

How do we purge the /v/ideogame cnacer of these threads
>>
>>71524538
its too late
>>
>Synt
>Steakbro
>Nosaj

the embryo trinity
>>
http://letterboxd.com/ay496/

>>71524538
why even watch it. so many other movies to see and talk about
>>
>>71524856
Nah
>>
>>71525033
t. embryo part of the trinity
>>
What is this embryo meme

I'm not new enough to understand it
>>
>>71525103
Smoothshitter got 1000 films watched or something and turned to a shitpost machine

other classics include
>YIKES
>>
>>71524333
i didnt really like mulholland dr. bruh bruh
>>
>>71525196
Well I don't think Smoothhands is in any position to be judging other peoples taste desu
>>
>>71524239
ok ok i'll watch it
>>
>>71524538
compile all the dirt we have on them

>Synt
Sniffs his own farts or something, not a bad user in my opinion.

>Steakbro
https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/BeyondWaffles/order/asc/
Taste has actually devolved in 2 years. Neet, 20 years old, and takes awful screencaps. Triggered by any dissent towards BvS, Spring Breakers, Fury Road, Miami Vice, etc.

>Nosaj
Fat, lives in Ireland, mentally unstable. Listens to Kanye West unironically and helped shove the VA meme into this general.

>some other anti-art posters
https://letterboxd.com/sjutten/ gets triggered by Fury Road dissent
https://letterboxd.com/bvgf/ basic bitch taste, takes awful screencaps and kisses steakbro's ass
https://letterboxd.com/coryburning/ pathetic beta embryo
>>
>>71525214
50 First Dates
>>
>>71525248
Fury Road is MEDIOCRE.
>>
post some based users
>>
>>71525450
letterboxd.com/a7xfan
letterboxd.com/neilbreen
>>
File: Kino.jpg (502 KB, 1006x1424) Image search: [Google]
Kino.jpg
502 KB, 1006x1424
>>71525450
/nosaj
/steakbro
/synt
>>
>>71525289
that film is not baller
>>
>people are suddenly attaching me to BvS

wot

Wales v Germany final lads
>>
>>71525450
/tugging
/murdermystery
/clippingroses
/lyrical_nitrate (replacing Miguel_Mareas because he's kill)
/rischka (replacing James because they are basically the same user but rischka has seen more films)
>>
File: 1467162547473.jpg (148 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1467162547473.jpg
148 KB, 1200x1200
>>71525450
see upper right
>>
>>71525604
Steakbro, nosaj and Synt gave it positive scores. Which anti art /v/edditor are you?
>>
>>71525679
stop posting your shitty edit smoothhands
>>
>>71525622
>/rischka
>"if i hate something i generally turn it off"
Fake patrician. It's a pleb who watched a lot simply
>>
>>71525698
nosaj

but you say this like I'm militant in my enjoyment of it, which I'm not, I haven't made a single post about it. There's other cinema to be more excited about desu.
>>
>>71525818
how can you be so autistic that you care about how people shitpost

like how havent you killed urself yet
>>
>>71525236
he is the original embryo, the most embryo of them all
>>
>>71525877
Because there's a lot in life to enjoy :-)

Like cinema, something /lbg/ doesn't care about
>>
>>71525679
I'm flattered
>>
>>71524376
>>71525214
>>71525236
>>71525572
>>71525604
>>71525818
dumb ghettoposter
>>
>>71525679
upper left is where its at
>>
File: TFA.jpg (313 KB, 1173x991) Image search: [Google]
TFA.jpg
313 KB, 1173x991
You got some explaining to do /lbg/
>>
>>71526156
millenials
>>
>>71526156
1 point off bruh bruh
>>
File: eqholn.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
eqholn.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>71525572
Take it back imo.

Me in the pink.
>>
nosaj why do you talk like a nigger? Do you wish you were black?
>>
>>71526156
Cuckcid where are you moving to next now that RYM cucked you?
>>
>>71526196
Fuck off you facebook wannabe nigger.
>>
File: 1467139154101.jpg (347 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1467139154101.jpg
347 KB, 1200x1200
>>
>>71526242
watch yr mouth
>>
>>71526224
http://www.imdb.com/
>>
>>71526196
from what
>>
>>71526261
move cinebro to pleb tier and this is the definitive list.
>>
>>71526209
i like that movie
>>
>>71526209
she get fighting lessons from sonny corleone?
>>
>>71526386
nice simpsons reference senpai
>>
>>71526501
dumb ghettoposter
>>
>>71526519
dumb niggerlover
>>
>>71526209
is this sandlerkino?
>>
>>71526548
>dumb niggerlover
>>
\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>71526571
Really made me think.
>>
File: sweetchild.jpg (129 KB, 642x582) Image search: [Google]
sweetchild.jpg
129 KB, 642x582
http://letterboxd.com/drew1992/

Trying to only do rewatches of films I've not seen in a while for all of July
>>
File: letterboxd.png (429 KB, 656x592) Image search: [Google]
letterboxd.png
429 KB, 656x592
http://letterboxd.com/herb_guy/

hello
>>
File: fedora_by_tigervamp.jpg (291 KB, 798x686) Image search: [Google]
fedora_by_tigervamp.jpg
291 KB, 798x686
Everybody in this general is wearing a fedora, some bright whiteknight fedoras, some black-as-my-soul edgelord fedoras. Why can't we ever not sperg out like master fedorian vapists and just enjoy or ignore something. All this chatter, desperate slobbering, pathetic piss poor trolling, is more horrifying than most of our thread subjects.
>>
>>71526278
>>71526501
>>71526548
yr a cuck desu senpai
>>
File: Story Of Film_ticket.jpg (32 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
Story Of Film_ticket.jpg
32 KB, 500x282
Reminder to watch this documentary

or you can just watch eurocrime
>>
>>71528146
where to watch it
>>
Netflix in some countries, DVD and torrents
>>
>>71528542
meant for
>>71528497
>>
File: fridge.jpg (11 KB, 277x335) Image search: [Google]
fridge.jpg
11 KB, 277x335
>>71525679
>smoothhands upper right
>>
>>71528586
leave the lil embryo alone!!
>>
File: real_chart_DO_NOT_ALTER.png (142 KB, 1616x1616) Image search: [Google]
real_chart_DO_NOT_ALTER.png
142 KB, 1616x1616
>>71528586
>>
>>71525679
upper left is clearly the cool kids hangout

>vulva
>gorro
>myself
>Miranna
>sheepo
>xenoplanet
>>
>>71529467
& who are you
>>
>>71529569
the most influential shitposter of my generation and a connoisseur of dadkino
>>
>>71529627
What is some essential DADKINO
>>
>>71529569
dropout_cuck
>>
>>71529673
>DADKINO
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
Dirty Harry
Sean Connery James Bonds
>>
>>71529673
depending on what you're in the mood for

>The Big Heat
>The Sun Shines Bright
>Only Angels Have Wings
>One, Two, Three
>The Palm Beach Story
>Sweet Smell of Success
>>
File: image.jpg (186 KB, 1332x593) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186 KB, 1332x593
http://letterboxd.com/machill54/

>>71522554
>Machill +1

what did he mean by this
>>
>>71530307
it means you're a redditor

reddits use the +1 thing
>>
File: 1466026237530.png (717 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1466026237530.png
717 KB, 600x800
>>
>>71530569
How would you know this if you yourself are not from reddit
>>
>>71531568
DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW!
>>
The Filmstruck logo is actually pretty cool. Just noticed it's a 3 dimensional F.
>>
>>71530569
Reddit uses upvotes, Google+ uses +1s.
>>
>>71532367
reddit also calls it +1

i can confirm it because i'm a redditor
>>
>>71531732
Th exclamation point was a little much man
>>
https://letterboxd.com/sk00/
>>
File: lb.png (337 KB, 655x289) Image search: [Google]
lb.png
337 KB, 655x289
>>71532837
Forgot pic
>>
>>71532837
add some faves your profile looks like steakbros ass
>>
>>71532837
What do you think of Knight of Cups and Inherent Vice?
>>
ayyyyy bout to jack off what should i watch
>>
>>71533730
Moni pee 2
>>
>>71533730
I Am Sam
>>
>>71533552
I'm not really sure what I thought of KoC. It was my first Malick for some reason, and I think I was really tired when I watched it. Now that I've watched more Malick I'll have to revisist KoC soon. I liked Inherent Vice, didn't really love it. Liked the characters, pretty good cast, funny at times. Also, plus for having Joanna Newsom in it because she is fucking great.

How about you?
>>
>>71516754
Alright, can someone tell me what this is?
>>
>>71533853
What's with your ugly name?

>>71532499
Hey dude is >>71533853 's ugly name a reddit thing?
>>
>>71525722
see: >>71528691
>>
File: file.png (847 KB, 688x800) Image search: [Google]
file.png
847 KB, 688x800
>His follower count isn't at least 4x his following count
>>
>>71533802
Man, Inherent Vice is one of my favorites. Cast is great, it's hilarious, I've seen it like 5 times. I find it so fun to decipher the plot.

Starting with KoC must've been weird. I really liked it, but I went through Terry chronologically, so I knew what I was getting into. I need to rewatch it as well, I'll probably read up on tarot cards and stuff first.

Nice profile
>>
>>71533918
No, it's a beautiful woman.
>>
File: 1429421072429.png (209 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1429421072429.png
209 KB, 1000x1000
>>71534068
>1 following
>4 followers

Naile dit.
>>
File: 23.png (27 KB, 275x261) Image search: [Google]
23.png
27 KB, 275x261
>>71534212
Thanks
>>
>>71533918
yes, it's pretty reddit.
>>
>>71525248
>Triggered by any dissent towards BvS, Spring Breakers, Fury Road, Miami Vice, etc.
you do realize it's not me, right? just want to make sure you're being intentionally dishonest and you don't actually think i sperg out like that about shit.
>>
/hugemoff

Wow, The New World was so underwhelming.
>>
File: 1467419981723.png (522 KB, 724x461) Image search: [Google]
1467419981723.png
522 KB, 724x461
Rate plox
>>
>>71535691
Prisoners blows
>>
>>71535715
Objectively false. Prisoners is great.
>>
>>71535691
8 of these are meme movies
>>
>>71535794
No. It's stuffed full of pointless empty symbolism, and the end product is proportionally bloated, dragging the whole way and generally as bland as it gets. Nothing new or interesting here, and not particularly well executed either
>>
>>71535691
Add the Bourne Ultimatum, Enemy at the Gates, and Body of Lies
>>
>>71535873
Give me an example of meaningless symbolism.

It's well paced, has solid cinematography, and a pretty sweet ending. Sure, it's not revolutionary, but it's a great movie.
>>
>>71535946
The snakes. The mazes. It means jack shit, it just adds the appearance of depth. This film was no examination of human psyche, it was Jackman yelling "WHY ME, IM SO ANGRY WATCH ME ABUSE THIS GUY". Nothing about it had depth, nor was any of it interesting to me. A simple story is fine, but this one posed as some brooding analysis, and as a result was actually quite poorly paced
>>
>>71536043
Same anon here, I don't mean to come off as a jaded asshole. I don't hate movies because they're popular. I even thought Sicario was fun. But, good or bad, a movie doesn't usually bug me, but Prisoners pissed me off. It acted like some great story, "oh no, moral ambiguity", but it simply threw in scenes with zero descent set up. Wife crying. Jackman torturing. There was no nuance, or care put into making these things special or even worthwhile. The acting was unconvincing, as was the writing, and the hamfisted symbolism just came across as offensive
>>
>>71536043
>>71536482
>The snakes. The mazes. It means jack shit, it just adds the appearance of depth.
they're clues, not symbolism. it's revealed prior to the copycat being arrested that Melissa Leo's husband kept snakes and liked mazes. then, before Leo outs herself as the kidnapper, it's revealed there's speculation about a theoretical serial killer preoccupied with snakes and mazes. both are just intended to lead you to the solution.

the writing isn't great - Leo's character comes across as corny - but i was in general impressed by the craft of the film: the direction, cinematography, acting.
>>
/fat

hit me with those recs.
>>
>>71536602
are you the same guy who asking about MIAMI VICE in yesterday's thread
>>
>>71536672
Yeah
>>
>>71536871
cool. well, based on what you've liked, i recommend LETTER FROM AN UNKNOWN WOMAN.

you planning on checking out any more Mann? if you liked MIAMI VICE, chances are the rest of his filmography will be to your liking as well.
>>
>>71537150
I've seen almost everything he's done but Public Enemies.
>>
>>71537709
Well, that's great. How's your top 5 Mann?
>>
>>71537792
1. Steam Monster
2. Has-Ben
3. The Sounds of Silence
4. Reborn
5. Creeps of the Deep
>>
>>71537792
Thief
Collateral
Heat
Manhunter
Miami Vice
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v9fodgaT_I
>>
>>71537934
>>71537709
PUBLIC ENEMIES is worth checking out. its negative reputation exists for a reason, but there's a lot to like about it.

surprised to see you aren't a fan of THE INSIDER, that movie is pretty fantastic imo
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-07-01-23h51m39s12.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-07-01-23h51m39s12.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>71538026
>its negative reputation exists for a reason

That being Mann is too far ahead of his time with digital cinematography in a period setting that plebs complain they don't get it and it looks bad. It's the equal of Miami Vice in greatness.
>>
>>71539687
i understand why people love it as a study of celebrity and something of an elegy for the "gangster legend", but i found it to lack impact, and to meander unnecessarily. there's a number of truly great scenes, and in my opinion, Johnny Depp's best performance, but it's flawed.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-07-01-23h59m54s43.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-07-01-23h59m54s43.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>71539809
I've said this before, but it took me until my fourth viewing until I liked it, so maybe if you re-watch it you will come to love it.

I'm getting chills taking this screenshot and listening to Elliot Goldenthal's score. Really a tragic, moving ending.
>>
File: 1439919546688.png (727 KB, 776x3623) Image search: [Google]
1439919546688.png
727 KB, 776x3623
>>
>>71540087
>Wong Kar-wai so low
>listed as "Kar-wai" when it's his given name
this has to be bait
>>
>>71540000
i absolutely haven't written it off - i'm more than willing to revisit PUBLIC ENEMIES. likely will, too, sooner rather than later.

and yes, the ending is one of those truly great scenes i was referencing.
>>
>>71540308
Sounds to me like you have a bad case of autism
Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.