[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Neon Demon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: the neon demon.jpg (241 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
the neon demon.jpg
241 KB, 2000x1125
What do we think bros?
>>
So, was there supernatural stuff going on?
>>
I'll let you know when I actually watch it. Which will be never.
>>
kino, dubs confirm
>>
Looking forward to this thread. Right now, the only people who have seen this movie are adults with jobs. Pretty much the only time discussion about it will be possible.

It's a great movie, by the way. Not has good as his previous work, but one of the better so far this year.
>>
>REAL LOLITA SHIT
what did he mean
>>
>>71282469
Was he the one who raped the girl in 214?
>>
File: refn check.jpg (19 KB, 410x199) Image search: [Google]
refn check.jpg
19 KB, 410x199
>>71282344
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
What anime do you think refn watches?
>>
>>71282547
Madoka
Lucky Star
NGE
>>
'DRIVE' DIRECTOR NICOLAS WINDING REFN KILLED IN CAR CRASH

We can dream, right?
>>
>>71282492
I assume yes. Earlier in the film he couldn't gett he door open with a key, and I assume he used a spare key from his office to try and get her door open again but still couldn't.
Also when Jesse calls Ruby she keeps saying "he" or "I think he's going to kill her" where if it wasn't Keanu the dialogue would say "someone is in there"
>>
>>71282649
>>71282547
I am sure he has at least touched up on Texhnolyze seeing as he loves protagonists that don't speak. Main character literally has 3 lines before the 8th episode.
>>
>>71283458
I really enjoyed Technolyze. Very somber.
>>
Can somebody tell me exactly how much violence and sex there is in this movie, and what it's like?

All I've heard since the beginning is it ''goes way too far'' and it's ''way too extreme'' but i don't know if that's just weak stomach faggots moaning about any sort of violence.

What's actually in it? Is it fappable?
>>
>>71283544
agreed. That and Serial Experiments Lain are the two anime I feel transcend their genre.

Anyways back to the topic of Neon Demon. It has been asked in every thread and I still don't know what is meant by the scene with Ruby under the moon. I know it has something to do with her absorbing the sexual pleasure she lusted for by Jesse, and that the moon represents fertility or what not... but wtf was the blood oozing out?
I also fond it pretty interesting that she arches her back the same exact way Jesse does on her motel bed after the runway scene.
>>
>>71282317
Can someone post the webm of refn kissing fanning at cannes?
>>
>>71283700
I wasn't aroused by anything in the film. There isn't any gore scenes that get to the level of the OGF torture scene, a lot of it takes place off camera. Depending on how deprived you are you might think some of it is hot, but all the nudity is done in such a way that I felt more disturbed or a sense of dread that something was gong to happen instead of aroused.
>>
I liked it a lot.

I might go again but if I do it'll need to be soon since literally nobody is watching this movie.
>>
>>71283804
Oh that's somewhat disappointing. The way everyone hyped up the gore i was expecting something like cannibal holocaust.
>>
There was a big thread last night and at the end people were discussing audience numbers.

Seemed pretty dismal.

I don't have a cable subscription, is this being advertised on TV anywhere?
>>
>>71283961

>expecting something like Cannibal Holocaust to play in American theaters
>>
Unbearably pretentious, utterly devoid of any substance. Mistakes being artsy for having depth.
>>
>>71282777
He's way too autistic to ever crash his car
>>
>>71285001
you just described anything refn in one sentence
>>
File: vlcsnap-00409.png (643 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00409.png
643 KB, 1280x720
>>71283700
>is it fappable?
>>
>>71285001

How is it "pretentious"?
>>
>>71285101
I love how pale and pink she is compared to everyone else there. Why are white people so cute?
>>
>Who is this Neon Demon
Why did Christina Hendricks Character literally (LITERALLY) have to mention "some guy named Chad who tells a girl she's pretty"?
why is Refn so obvious?
>>
>>71282331
Spoiler Warning: Apart from the scenes that are obviously just stile/dream/imagination (like hands being visible from the other side of the wall), the movie is a "normal" setting, except that at the end they eat a human and and bathe in blood, and then, and this is supernatural, a whole lot of blood runs out of a vagina. This is all just the last 10 minutes, though
>>
>>71282317
>we

Kill yourself, cancer
>>
File: memekino.webm (3 MB, 904x380) Image search: [Google]
memekino.webm
3 MB, 904x380
>>71282344
WEW LAD
>>
File: back.jpg (61 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
61 KB, 640x427
Symbolism discussion in the long old thread from yesterday:
>>71258649
need not all be repeated
>>
>models are jealous murderous sex deranged drug whores : the movie
>>
File: 1466461898003.jpg (670 KB, 2048x1367) Image search: [Google]
1466461898003.jpg
670 KB, 2048x1367
So that's all well and good.

Now where's the fucking torrent?
>>
>>71285001
>Hurr durr style over substance amirite guys xD

Go back to the imdb message boards and stay there. If you can't understand a film as simple as this one, you're everything wrong with /tv/.
>>
>>71285747

honestly the film wasnt very good.
>>
File: can't wake up.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1504) Image search: [Google]
can't wake up.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1504
>>71285628
>are you food or are you sex?
The models were eating each other, and used sex only to get ahead.
Ruby was/wanted superficial sex. Dead (sex with corpse) or alive, didn't even matter.

It's not different than the age of "too soon" meme. Dead hot girl is still a hot girl to anons.
>>
>>71285841
age old*
>>
>>71285803
Nice opinion.
>>71285841
Ruby wanted to reach Jesse's beauty through a purely narcissistic relationship. In fact, homesexuality is inherently narcissistic: you're basically fucking an extension of yourself. She fucked the corpse, not because she wanted sex but because she was frustrated by Jesse's rejection. The intercuts showing Jesse about to masturbate are just fragments of Ruby's imagination as she projects Jesse's image on the corpse.
>>
Anybody else going a second time?

Good news is you'll have the theatre to yourself.

Wish Popcorn wasn't so expensive.
>>
>>71286034
Semi-Related:
What happened to the dead girl/corpse that they had her whole torso cut open?
>>
>>71286225
maybe I do, for the purpose of focusing on the shot aesthetics

and stop eating carbs with fat, you fat fuck
>>
>>71284908
I've seen Cannibal Holocaust in American theaters, mate. Green Inferno played at the fucking multiplex.
>>
>>71286667
Green Inferno is a cartoon.
Eli Roth is a joke.
>>
What was the deal with the triangles?
>>
>>71286667

Green Inferno is nothing like Cannibal Holocaust. It's a watered-down baby version of it.
>>
So once a torrent comes out and all the underage and/or autistic /tv/ users see it, what are the memeiest lines they will use to shit up discussion threads?

>ROOM 214, MUST BE SEEN
>>
>>71288106
>REAL LOLITA SHIT
>>
>>71288165
This, obviously. Also, WIDER. Keanu was pretty much a walking meme in this movie.
>>
>>71285001
>Unbearably pretentious

It fits with the theme and plot revolving around fashion world
Fashion world is indeed unbearably pretentious
>>
>>71284035
Yep, I've seen an ad for it a few times since Friday
>>
That guy from Dexter keeps saying he just lost a lot of weight, but he seriously looks a little sickly. His face is nothing but bone.
>>
>>71285582
the fuck is this from?
>>
>>71285001
This is LITERALLY the most pleb opinion possible.
>>
Re-posting from last thread.

Movie was really good. I thought the satirical aspects were a little heavy handed but it was okay because I'm a pleb and wouldn't have gotten it otherwise. Keanu was a neat little comedic character, I always enjoy seeing that guy on the screen.

The rectangle imagery I didn't really get, but the triangle imagery I interpreted as representing Elle's state of mind (blue triangle for purity goes to red as she starts getting deeper into shit).

I thought the parallel between sexuality and violence was very well done in this one, Refn's getting really good at that (compare Drive's strip club hammer scene with the necrophilia scene and the murder/shower scene and you'll see a clear difference). I thought the ending dragged on way too long and wasn't very satisfying, and the period/full moon imagery was a little odd. It seemed to represent the start of a new cycle and that was reinforced by introducing the other young girl for the shoot, but the whole cycle aspect was dropped immediately afterwards.

>Best scenes
Jena Malone lesbian necrophilia
Wildcat
Murder and following shower, that scene was really fucking powerful
REAL LOLITA SHIT
>>
You kino conniseurs got any movies similar to this?

I need my fix dawg.
>>
>>71289255
>>>Best scenes

How could you not include the fashion show scene?
>>
>>71289340
Was that the runway scene that pretty much showed Elle's descent into narcissism? It was pretty good but the cuts between reality and symbolism were a little jarring (maybe that was the purpose, considering it was a drastic change in character).
>>
>>71289272
Big Bang Love, Juvenile A
Ichi the Killer
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II
Only God Forgives
>>
>>71282317

I liked it quite a bit actually. The more I thought about the movie after I saw it yesterday, the more I'm starting to really like it.

It's weird as fuck, and definitely a Refn movie, so if you're not into his kind of shtick then it might not be for everyone.
>>
>>71282340

90% of /tv/ in a nutshell.
>>
>3 days in
>607k total

JUST
U
S
T
>>
>>71288106
>Your name is Bean?
>>
Fucking garbage, just like everything else Refn directs.
>>
>>71282344
THANK YOUUUUUUUUU
>>
Not even being ironic, I fucking loved it. It was a bit slow, but it was the most entertained I've been by a movie in years.

I'm pretty lukewarm on Drive and I hate Only God Forgives, but I fucking loved this movie. I don't think it's deep, I don't think there is anything heavy behind the film or it's themes, but goddamn. It was a big stupid, hilariously entertaining mess. Beautifully shot, too.
>>
>>71286241
>What happened to the dead girl/corpse that they had her whole torso cut open?
That's a y-shaped incision from the autopsy.
>>
>>71291696
I loved Drive and this, didn't care for Only God Forgives.

Definitely a slow start to the movie, but by the end it's almost fairytale-like.
>>
Why did Jenna Malone bleed out of her cooch like that? I don't think that's what periods look like.
>>
I feel like Refn is a downs syndrome kid who's pretty good with a camera and people are encouraging him way too much.
>>
>>71291893
This is exactly how I feel.

And I cant wait for more desu.
>>
File: IMG_0123.jpg (274 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0123.jpg
274 KB, 600x800
>>71285734
This.

Someone give me the legitimate torrent link and you'll get the nudes of this slut
>>
Overall i thought it was great. Great visuals, great music and while there wasn't much to the story i think he explored the themes using the characters in a way that kept me intrigued. I really liked the constant close ups on the characters faces.

It did have some weaknesses though. The dialogue was kind of awkward and some of the acting was pretty wooden. I also think the climax could have been done a bit better. 8/10.
>>
>>71291971
Fuckin go see it it's getting it's neggyhole pozzed up at the box office.
>>
>>71282317
>we think
nigga i aint french; form your own opinion,

you piece of shit
>>
>>71292163
No singles policy though. And no showers.
>>
i wish i had the balls to go see this alone
>>
>>71292249
It really doesn't take balls to see movies by yourself. Literally no one cares.
>>
>>71292249
I started going to movies alone just a few months ago. I've been to about 10 alone ever since.

Here are some guidelines I follow. Hope they help you.

>buy tickets online/fandango
This is to avoid standing in line alone, diminishing time where your mind can wander and give you a sense of regret or insecurity. Just walk in, don't give any eye contact, scan your ticket and then take a piss or go right to your seat.

>get to your seat 10 minutes early
This is to avoid walking into the theater while everyone is already sitting down. Walking into a theater alone and feeling all those eyes weigh down on you is quite unnerving.

>sit in the back row
Just like in tip #2, the less people know you're alone the better. Minuscule and feint giggling coming from rows above can be taken out of context and make you feel like wanting to slit your wrists. Sitting in the back is the way to go.

>sit in the corner closest to the stairs.
This way once the credits roll you can pop up and walk down the stairs first before anyone. Just keep your head down and keep moving.

>if you want to buy a snack
There are sacrifices you need to make if you want to go alone. Either bring a snack yourself or take a risk and stand in line alone. The more you think about being alone, the bigger chance you'll bitch out and leave.
>>
>>71282344

It's shit. Trips confirm.
>>
>>71292448
Is this serious?
>>
>>71292448
jesus christ, what the fuck is wrong with people

just go watch a movie alone
>>
>>71292216
Can somebody explain the no singles policy meme?
>>
>>71292249
I was the only person in the theater when I saw this at a matinee. It was glorious.
>>
>>71292605
It's pretty self explanatory.
>>
>>71292653

Because everyone else realizes the movie is terrible.
>>
>>71292653
Same. It was pretty sweet.
>>
File: 1466903575364.png (407 KB, 829x480) Image search: [Google]
1466903575364.png
407 KB, 829x480
Autism
>>
File: bateman4.jpg (24 KB, 250x276) Image search: [Google]
bateman4.jpg
24 KB, 250x276
>>71282344
>>
>>71283700
I was definitely aroused many times. The concepts of the things going on is over the top, but the portrayal is not. Gross things happen, but it's not shown too explicitly, and many times it's definitely meant to make you confusingly hard
>>
>>71291971
Kill yourself, if you want movies like this to keep getting made, go see it in theaters. Pirates are the epitome of anti-art, as much as they like to believe otherwise
>>
>>71286225
I'm going again. I missed the first 10 minutes because of the Pride festival going on around the theater.
>>
>>71285891
please dont post that image here.
>>
>>71292118
I agree with most of this. After reading about bad writing, I was surprised how realistic all the dialogue was. I had no problems there. Some of the acting was stiff, but Jena and Elle were great. If by climax you mean when she gets pushed into the pool I thought that was phenomenal, but it did lose impact when the movie kept going. There were some great scenes afterwards, but it definitely took away from that scene.

Refn says he made the movie with the fact in mind that people watch movies on their phone, and chop them up and put scenes on YouTube, and that shows. I don't think it's good or bad, but there were definite start and end points to each scene, and it's something that may seem better on a second watch when I know what to expect
>>
Did anyone else get witch or occult feels from it? I felt that it was all heavy with a supernatural vibe and just laden with organ symbolism . Like triangles and ancient female power symbols rectangle for the phallic / penis. There was 3 of like everything . Many like the 3 main women . Ruby covered in tattoos . Jessie speaking of the moon watching her. Ruby invoking the moon for some kind of blood ritual.eating her bathing in blood . The abandoned old mansion ruby was borrowing had 2 stuffed predator animals a leopard and wolf and a cougar was in Jessie's room . Plus the just sacrificed a virgin at the end. Not sure if it was suppose to be really supernatural or if he just used the occult asspect as a metaphor for groups of selfish dangerous women ?
>>
>>71286225
I was thinking about going to watch this again, but this time with altered state of consciousness. I haven't actually done it before, so it could be interesting experience.
>>
File: wewlad.png (136 KB, 1783x396) Image search: [Google]
wewlad.png
136 KB, 1783x396
>>71282317
The only thing that still puzzles me is why was the title of the film "Neon Demon"?
>>
>we
>>
>>71293118
Was Jesse still a technically a virgin at the end? I know it wasn't consensual, but Ruby def got a couple fingers in
>>
>>71283700
>Is it fappable?
Truth be told – and I wonder whether I'm the only one who felt that way – there are qutie a few scenes in which Elle is incredibly, inhumanly, ehtereally cute and makes you go "boi-oi-oi-oi-oing!" (https://youtu.be/hoS1MCF8AeI) right away and then, surprisingly, there are a couple of scenes (like the lengthy conversation with Dean, where she pretty much tells him that she's a shallow bimbo) in which she looks pretty fuckin bland.
Jena Malone is a psycho-qt all the way through though.
>>
Are the Jenna Malone scenes, you know the ones, long enough for me to get off on?
>>
File: Elle_gets_Refn'd.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Elle_gets_Refn'd.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>71283719
>>
does it feature any of Jena Malone's great music?
>>
>>71293321
girl on girl is pure.
>>
>>71293428
>Boioioing

What the fuck?

Grandpa get off the computer.
>>
>>71293469
no, unless you're really fast
>>
>>71293469
The one where she sits on a corpse, while putting her one hand into her mouth and the other into her vagina is one or two minutes long. Then there's a very short scene where she's toplessly and with odd tattoos over her body cleaning blood on the poolside
>>
>>71285001
denied trips confirm it's kino
>>
>"and thus I became ... the neon demon"
I cringed during this line
>>
>>71293564
I was wondering moreso about the scene where she tries to seduce and then molest Elle
>>
>>71291696
>I hate Only God Forgives

maximum pleb

Only God Forgives was better than both this, Valhalla Rising and arguably Drive as well

haven't seen Bronson or the Pusher trilogy yet
>>
It had great scenes, but as a whole I think it's vastly inferior to both Drive and OGF (I liked OGF, honestly).

The satire became way too blatant and unsubtle by the end. The necrophilia and eyeball-eating scenes made me scoff.
>>
>>71291781

I thought she was peeing when I saw it and then my friend told me it was blood and I felt stupid.
>>
i think a legit tv browser came in for the sole purpose of watching elle fanning. Besides me and an old couple, he was the only other person in the theatre, and sat in the back row eating nachos and whispering to himself. Two teeneagers left because he kept throwing saying one liners everytime someone on screen spoke.
>>
>>71293488
Refn true patrician, Dubs confirm
>>
>>71293488
>cucking his wife

this guy
>>
>there are people who are going to pirate this and watch it on computer monitors

Don't. Just don't.

Get over your stupid fear of going to theaters.

This movie is literally DESIGNED inside and out to be experienced on the big screen. The directing, the colors, the soundtrack, all of this is supposed to be as big, loud, flashy and intense is possible, in a good way.

I can't imagine how shitty the experience of this movie would be if you watched it on a fucking laptop or iPad or something. It defeats the whole purpose.
>>
File: Elizabeth_Bathory_Portrait.jpg (108 KB, 796x1033) Image search: [Google]
Elizabeth_Bathory_Portrait.jpg
108 KB, 796x1033
Does neon demon mean a person who is ready to cannibalize young virgins to stay beautiful and young? Was Elizabeth Báthory a neon demon?
>>
>>71293985
the OG
>>
I want to see it but it doesn't seem to have a wide UK release. Nobody's showing it near me
>>
>>71285891
too soon.
so sad.
>>
>>71294071
Road trip that shit.
>>
>>71293985
>>71294058
You should check out Immoral Tales. One of the tales is about Báthory.
>>
Think Red Letter Media will do a Half in the Bag episode on this movie? I want to hear about how Mike hated it and Jay thought it was amazing.
>>
>>71294410
They'll probably do The Shallows or The Conjuring 2 instead desu
>>
>>71294467
That's sad. I really want to know if I like this movie or not.
>>
>>71294397
It sounds like a film I will enjoy. Thanks for recommendation, anon.
>>
http://www.amoeba.com/live-shows/upcoming/detail-3711/

any one in the Hollywood area?
What should I ask them?
>>
>>71294744
ask this >>71293304
>>
>>71293542
Well I still go boioioioing rather frequently.
I wouldn't if I were grandpa.
>>
>no release

I think barely anyone on /tv/ as seen it.
>>
I honestly enjoyed the film and visual story telling going on. Its one of my favorite films to come out this year.
>>
>>71294884
It's in several theaters in my city. I'm not in NY or La.
>>
>>71294884
What? It's been out in Europe for weeks.
>>
>>71292448
this is more autistic than the movie.
>>
>>71282317
It looks good but Elle doesn't make out with other girls so it's not as good as it should have been. Refn's still based though.
>>
>>71293321
Oh well, even if she had torn something there, it wouldn't count. just like a girl "technically' losing her virginity while doing sport which, however, I, who has torn mor than one hymen, can assure you is pretty fucking impossible. It's just something that a girl likes to tell guys to make them (or herself) feel better. Don't believe a word! Even the most delicate hymen won't tear through mere leg movement or percussive stress. Well, a tampon applicator might tear it though...
>>
>>71292448
how about this:
>Decide to watch a movie
because you might want to watch a movie
>Buy a ticket
because you might want to watch a movie legally
>try to get a seat in the center of the middle row
because you get a good view
>buy as many snacks as you like
>enjoy the movie
>curse your bodily functions if you need to take a leak before the movie has finished
>>
>>71292448
>ywn be this autistic

Feels gud
>>
>>71285521
Oh that was blood coming out? I thought it was pee.
>>
>>71293488
fucking hot
>>
>>71293488
> REAL LOLITA SHIT
>>
File: 1452548914478.webm (1 MB, 959x720) Image search: [Google]
1452548914478.webm
1 MB, 959x720
>>71282344
>>
speaking of autism, Jesse was on the spectrum right?
>>
>>71297413
she was on the qt side of the spectrum.
>>
File: Frog_very_very_very_angry.jpg (328 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Frog_very_very_very_angry.jpg
328 KB, 900x900
>>71295887
>>71296019

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>71296512
that'd be hawt.
>>
>>71292448
>There are sacrifices you need to make if you want to go alone. Either bring a snack yourself or take a risk and stand in line alone. The more you think about being alone, the bigger chance you'll bitch out and leave.
Nigga, this is the one place it doesn't matter. People who go to movies with other people always split up tasks. One person gets the snacks, the other secures the seats.
>>
File: alpha6.jpg (20 KB, 254x320) Image search: [Google]
alpha6.jpg
20 KB, 254x320
>>71293488
>kissing a hot teenage girl in front of his wife and bunch of people

What a fucking alpha.
>>
There's only one theater in my state showing this, so I had to drive two hours to see it. There were 5 people in the theater, myself and four other guys by themselves in their mid twenties who probably post here. One of the stranger theater going experiences I've had.

I thought it was pretty good. It was visually fantastic, and Cliff Martinez did a great job with the soundtrack.

It's unfortunate that the film is getting such bad reviews. Almost all of the negative ones are from women who were to dumb to understand it, even when there is nothing deep about it.
>>
>>71297935

It's just a shit movie meant to be pretty.

Black swan 2: electric boogaloo.

/thread
>>
File: refn_and_goose2.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
refn_and_goose2.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>71297888
>Refn
>alpha
choose one
https://youtu.be/uNm-M2hv-nQ

I think it was a weak attempt at exacting revenge on his wife for goosing him
>>
File: the-neon-demon-jena-malone.jpg (391 KB, 2208x1474) Image search: [Google]
the-neon-demon-jena-malone.jpg
391 KB, 2208x1474
>character talking about loss of innocence
>actress was the child star in Bastard out of Carolina

anyone else kek at this?

>>71285521
no, Jesse was psychic
while passed out from hand stab she saw her runway walk and then saw what Hank was going to do to her

I'd also go so far as to say Ruby was a witch or necromancer

>>71297596
more like unintentionally bitchy and downy
>G: my doctor says i'm a regular bionic woman. J: is that a complement?
>J: I used to look up at the moon and imagine it was a giant eyeball
>>
>>71297413
Girls don't get autism.
>>
>>71297798
Like I said, the more time you're alone and thinking about regretting your decision, the tougher it is to follow through. Once you're sitting in your seat, it's the point of no return and you can be distracted by the coming attractions while the darkness camouflages you as a normie.
>>
>>71298287
They definitely do, we just call it being quirky instead of giving it a medical diagnosis
>>
>>71298223
>unintentionally bitchy and downy

I think the proper word here is "shallow".
>>
I am in the theater right now about to see it

and the only person here

there was some old guy who they exited from the auditorium because he didn't have a ticket and I was the only one who bought one for this showing. kinda creepy.
>>
>>71298223
>Jesse was psychic
How do you figure? I thought it was just her paranoia presenting a scenario (Hank knife scene) and connecting it to the screaming from next door.

Who knows, girl next door might not have even been in any danger and it's just Jesse's paranoia exaggerating her perception of events.
>>
What did Hank say during the dream sequence?
>>
The Runway scene was kino as fuck
>>
>>71297935

There's nothing to get, it's not a movie for everyone. Some scenes did go longer than necessary. I love it, but if this style is a deal breaker nobody will convince you otherwise.
>>
First >>77777777
and now >>71282344

Refn really is the Kino king of dubs
>>
>>71298437
>girl next door might not have even been in any danger and it's just Jesse's paranoia exaggerating her perception of events.

That's kind of what I suspected also. Keanu may have been shady, but he didn't seem like a child rapist. We also never see anything actually happen on screen and Refn is a shower
>>
>>71282317
its evil, like everything else men touch
http://www.vox.com/2016/6/25/12024924/neon-demon-review-refn-necrophilia-scene
>>
File: demoned.jpg (3 MB, 4000x2670) Image search: [Google]
demoned.jpg
3 MB, 4000x2670
>>71293652
what you see in the previews is what you get reguarding that scene
>>
File: 1459891229990.jpg (5 KB, 240x312) Image search: [Google]
1459891229990.jpg
5 KB, 240x312
>>71297413
>that fuccn clavicle
>>
>>71298752
>Vox
>>
File: boner_wins.gif (76 KB, 200x152) Image search: [Google]
boner_wins.gif
76 KB, 200x152
>>71298759
>Elle's skin
>>
File: Elle-Fanning-2275243.jpg (56 KB, 960x641) Image search: [Google]
Elle-Fanning-2275243.jpg
56 KB, 960x641
>>71298437
like i said she saw the blue pyramids before she even did the runway walk
and someone trying to get in her door wasn't imagined
plus i believe Ruby heard the screams from the phone call as well
>>
>>71298759
How does he make everything look so good bros?
>>
>>71298934
I did not feel like going to jezebel
>>
>>71296019
yes.
>>
File: DFW_SUFF.png (220 KB, 347x440) Image search: [Google]
DFW_SUFF.png
220 KB, 347x440
>>71298752
oh my god
>>
>>71299037
he paid attention when color theory was taught and also because of his color blindness there is strong contrast in his film
>>
>>71298759
yeah...

>>71298477
deeper... deeper...deeper
>>
>>71299190
>deeper... deeper...deeper
Thanks. For some reason it sounded like he was saying water.
>>
I NEED THE NAME OF THE PARTY SONG FROM THE BEGINNING SCENE
>>
>>71299320
Demon Dance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvUJsu5w8IU
>>
>>71299320
Loved that scene.
>>
>>71282317
It's a fantastic movie. Really unique and tastefull, with every aspect of it coming off as profound and beautifully symbolic without being pretentious or condesending.

Drive was a more hardhitting experience, since it was such a surprice, but i think neon demon will turn out to be the better movie once i get the chance to rewatch them both.
>>
>>71282492
>>71283402
How can this even be a question? Ofcourse it was him.
>>
File: neon-demon-4.jpg (436 KB, 1200x830) Image search: [Google]
neon-demon-4.jpg
436 KB, 1200x830
does anyone else remember the corpse looking less dirty than this? more blue than brown. maybe different filters?
>>
File: 1465546535306.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1465546535306.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>71293488
>>
>What's the name of the lipstick
>redrum

refn u fuck
>>
>Bad RT score
>half the negative reviews are "muh misogyny"
>>
>>71299843
It was a lot more blue than this. Is this a promotional still?
>>
>>71298131
He obviously deals with social nerves. Sometimes he comes off as a socially dominant alpha, and other times he is extemely reserved.
>>
>>71283713
Attended a Q&A yesterday with Refn and Fanning after the show.

He said the blood coming out of her was the start of her menstral cycle, a symbol of Jessie passing through her and changing her.
>>
>>71298131
I'd feel more concerned about what he was doing with his daughter there. I mean, having her straddle a cushion and then going BRRRRRRRRR
>>
File: Elle Fanning amfARGala 4.jpg (353 KB, 1363x2048) Image search: [Google]
Elle Fanning amfARGala 4.jpg
353 KB, 1363x2048
>>71300153
>changing her
yeah, after the blood comes out they pan to her face and she does this feral/orgasmic moan while her skin/bone structure starts to warp
i think she stated to look younger
>>
>>71299511
10/10
>>
Was Ruby always going to eat her?
>>
>>71300618
I wonder this too. If Jessie had complied and made sweet love to Ruby, would Ruby have pursued a relationship or still ate her?
>>
What kind of party?
>>
>>71299641
>tasteful
An interesting word choice considering some of the content, but I'm inclined to agree

>>71300842
A sex party? Or a food party?
>>
File: diff_eyes.jpg (486 KB, 936x1200) Image search: [Google]
diff_eyes.jpg
486 KB, 936x1200
>>71299882
lol, I didn't even get that.

But I recognized that "are you food or are you sex" is foreshadoing to her being consumed (in those two ways) by the models resp. Ruby
>>
File: neon demon jm.jpg (372 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
neon demon jm.jpg
372 KB, 1920x1080
>>71300618
>>71300775
i think Ruby just wanted to dine at the Y. she knew Jesse was naive and new and thought if she waited she'd be able to get with her. that's running through her mind the entire time she's hanging with her. like a guy. which is why alpha men and beta females can't be friends. why she wanted to stay with Jesse for her first shoot. to protect her claim.
so, Jesse calls Ruby needing help and she thinks this is 'muh chance to score'. the hormones are pumping and her mouths are watering for a taste of Jesse. thus you have this person primed for sex and then they don't get any. why date rape happens. also homosexuals are notoriously violent when it comes to spurned sexual relationships. it's a thing: Gay Rage. look it up.
Ruby then molests a corpse imagining it's Jesse. if a corpse that looks like her is this good, how good will the real body be? thus the murder and cannibalism to make Jesse a part of herself.
remember, Ruby doesn't really care about being beautiful because she wasn't a model
if Jesse submitted she'd have be able to join the coven
>>
>>71285891
rip
>>
>Jena Malone will never rape your corpse
>she will never spit in your mouth

JDIMSA
>>
>>71301948
She was the best thing to look at all movie.
>>
>>71298344
They get anorexia and bulimia at comparable rates to male autism.
>>
>>71291226
Fuck off nigger
>>
>>71301717
Makes sense.
>>
>>71299190
>>71299279
He was saying "wider" she kept trying to close her mouth
>>
Did this film feel like a fever dream to anyone else? It had that intangible quality about it. Loved it tbqh
>>
>>71302297
?tbqh
why wouldn't you be honest in your opinion?
>>
damn. I shouldn't have gotten a big drink, but I was thirsty. I had to piss so bad I almost could feel it in my kidneys.

Kinda worked with the ending though. Feeling discomfort in your belly and things ready to flow from your body.
>>
File: CluH7hCWkAADwdN.jpg (59 KB, 672x517) Image search: [Google]
CluH7hCWkAADwdN.jpg
59 KB, 672x517
>>71299698
I took it to mean that he was a pimp. I don't think it was him. He offered her to Bean and then was scene talking angrily on the phone right before the rape.

>>71282331
I don't think so.

>>71283700
see pic. You will get hard.

>>71286225
Already had it to myself when I saw it the first time (and I traveled 4 hours, so not seeing it again).
>>
File: batemouth.jpg (11 KB, 236x285) Image search: [Google]
batemouth.jpg
11 KB, 236x285
>>71282344
THE RETURN OF KINO
>>
I wish Jesse's transformation hadn't been so sudden.

She gets one good gig and goes from "Gee whiz I'm so shy and innocent" to "I'm the most beautiful woman in the world suck my dick" in like a scene in a half.
>>
File: Sarah the neon demon.jpg (141 KB, 1400x914) Image search: [Google]
Sarah the neon demon.jpg
141 KB, 1400x914
was the Neon Demon the modeling industry or jaded models?

>>71304129
>profanity
>extreme
Sarah said 'fuck' like three times
>>
>>71304675
She was constantly being provoked by those other two bitches though. Her behavior before the runway scene was reactionary, and the restaurant scene took place shortly afterwords.
>>
There was only one other person when I went. Some older guy. A quarter way through he left for a bit. Then came back. Then halfway he calls over to me asking what I thought of it, if I thought it was crap too. Said I was watching it and it was a weird arthouse film. He stayed until the end and left. Weird screening for a weird film.
>>
>>71304675
do not underestinate the power of the pink tri-force
>>
File: 20160626_192014.jpg (111 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
20160626_192014.jpg
111 KB, 640x480
just saw it. only now did I realize how fitting my shirt was.
>>
>>71300775
It would have had been the same exact fate for Jess in the script Ruby and Jess make love and then Ruby uses that to her advantage to get Jesse killed.

I think refn change Ruby and Jess actually having sex to date rape to make Ruby more pathetic and obsessed over Jess.
>>
>>71305317
>>71300775
They asked at the beginning if she was meat or sex and then when Ruby made the lipstick drawing on the mirror, she signaled the other models that Jess was "meat".
>>
>>71285101
Didn't know my waifu had such a nice ass.
>>
>>71285628
I didn't notice while watching, but refn says he purposefully didn't have any alcohol or drugs in the movie (unless counting cigarettes and coffee) because it was too cliche and he didn't want those things to absorb any of the blame for the character's actions (I'm rewording how he put it).
>>
>>71285101
this is the only scene with a black person in it

>>71305677
i think her A is bigger than her T
>>
>>71291781
I think it's a birthing metaphor so like water breaking?
>>71292249
there were 5 people at mine seeing it alone, including me
just do it, will probably get yanked from theaters pretty soon if it's doing this poorly

>>71293118
suspiria

>>71293488
his wife liv laughing, bella looking at her phone going yikes

>>71297935
I haven't noticed a gender split in reviews.
>>
>>71298741
he literally and casually offers to pimp out a 13 year old to a dude he just met
he probably just runs the motel to prey on young girls and as a cover for human trafficking

>>71299045
jezebel just has Fuck the Neon Demon (twist- written by a dude)
the vox article was too dumb to open, as usual

literally your average episode of ncis or svu, shows grandmas and teens watch every week, has more graphic violence against women
maybe the outrage is bc the violence just doesn't get punished, what kind of hayes code morality...
there's a good interview jena malone did with EW
>>
>>71305882
That's the best kind of woman. She really is legit perfection, I really need to stop falling for people I'll never meet.
>>
>>71306461
>he literally and casually offers to pimp out a 13 year old to a dude he just met
I thought he was making fun of that guy for dating an obviously underage girl. You could interpret his "Hard Candy" and "Lolita" remarks as movie references to show he's not being entirely serious about the situation.
>>
>>71282317
Ellle Fanning is our generation's Angela Lansbury.
>>
>>71298741
>>71306461
Since he was seen arguing on the phone right before the rape, I think he pimped her out.
>>
>>71306555
I thought he was just a comic relief character to because that then all sudden Keanu just rapes and kills that thirteen year old girl.
>>
>>71298752
lol what a misread
all the men were terrible (even the more decent almost bf) and were why the women were so mean to jessie
she fails to mention that two women also worked on the script, also apparently the actresses had a lot of say and his directing involves them a lot

does vox even pay for this shit
>>
>>71306715
>>71298437
>I thought it was just her paranoia presenting a scenario (Hank knife scene) and connecting it to the screaming from next door.
>Who knows, girl next door might not have even been in any danger and it's just Jesse's paranoia exaggerating her perception of events.
>>
>>71306759
Oh and to further support this, 13 year old was in room 214. Elle was in room 212. There's no way she heard the violence that clearly through room 213.
>>
File: 1461670652227.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1461670652227.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>71305882
>>
File: elle fanning milk dring.jpg (62 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
elle fanning milk dring.jpg
62 KB, 1080x1080
>>71306522
>She really is legit perfection
the reason is milk
>>
>>71306877
Really looks like she's got a dick there.
>>
>>71298752
someone in college writing 101 courses teach that depiction=/=endorsement, and a refresher on the death of the author
a whole generation of hack writers that think art has to adhere to real life and that can't handle even this not very complex movie
(every generation has hacks, but this flavor isn't even laughably bad bc they make it if you disagree, even if you're also a woman or a minority then you are morally wrong and they are morally right)
>>
File: the_room_where_selena_got_shot.jpg (117 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
the_room_where_selena_got_shot.jpg
117 KB, 1024x768
>>71306825
you do know some motels put even numbers on one floor and odds on another, right?
>>
>>71307161
No I didn't, I've never had to stay in a motel.
>>
>>71307161
>>71307193
Holy shit, rekt.
>>
>>71306825
> implying evil hotel manager Keanu wasn't raping or murdering some other young female guest in room 213.
>>
>>71306877

he/she is packin
>>
>>71306877
To be fair, that's probably all the calories she's had this week. Mind you, I'm not complaining, because DAMN I would pull her legs apart like I'm breaking a wishbone.
>>
I've yet to see the movie, but holy fuck I'm glad this was finally released.

https://youtu.be/OvUJsu5w8IU
>>
>>71299843
Corpse looks like Brittany Murphy
>>
>>71293977
You type like a faggot.
>>
>>71299843
Am I dumb or was she the same girl that was let go by Christina Hendricks in the beginning of the movie?
>>
At first I didn't really understand Ruby's character at all. Why would a make-up artist for the fashion industry work at the morgue.

I think it was just symbolic that Ruby herself has witnessed the birth and death of many modeling careers, and how she's basically just a bystander (make-up artists don't work less with aging) and has probably met many Jesses in the past.

That being said, I didn't really like the ending. I would have lived Jesse to end up eating other older models.
>>
File: elle fanning ice princess.jpg (263 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
elle fanning ice princess.jpg
263 KB, 3000x2000
>>71307018
>>71307327
>you will never sit in Elle's lap and feel her getting hard between your crack
jdimsa
>>
>>71307161
Yeah, but there's both 210 at the end of the hallway and 211. It's probable that ones labelled 13 were removed though, because of bad luck.
>>
File: elle fanning with qt.jpg (83 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
elle fanning with qt.jpg
83 KB, 960x720
>>71307719
that's not the image i wanted
>>
>>71307719
her face looks like its losing the battle against gravity way too early.
>>
>>71308076
>dat thigh comparison
I just want to use her legs as earmuffs when it's cold, is that too much to ask?
>>
>>71308104
I think she looks fantastic now, but she might look a bit droopy in 10 years.
>>
>>71308076
THOSE THIGHS
>>
>>71308076

Her legs are insane
>>
File: elle fanning pale.jpg (589 KB, 2100x3150) Image search: [Google]
elle fanning pale.jpg
589 KB, 2100x3150
>>71308332
forget her legs
dat neck
when Ruby places her hand on it and there was still neck on either side was super hot
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.