[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Bring Kylo Ren to me, it is time to complete his training
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 10
File: Supreme_Leader_Snoke.png (554 KB, 465x510) Image search: [Google]
Supreme_Leader_Snoke.png
554 KB, 465x510
>Bring Kylo Ren to me, it is time to complete his training
Why didn't he just finish his training the first time around?
>>
>>70626603

Because Han Solo was still alive you fucking mook
>>
>>70626603
Because the act of killing his own father means he has fully turned to the dark side.
>>
>>70626649
Why does that matter
>>
they trained Kylo Ren wrong as a joke
>>
>>70626603

the last part was "don't be a fag" but snuke didn't want the bjs to stop
>>
>>70626603
Have you paid attention to the movie?
He needed to know if kylo really wanted to join his side and wasnt just in a edgelord phase
>>
>>70626666
But he still struggles with the light. It's clear that killing Han only made him mentally unstable, not strong.

Nice squads btw.
>>
I imagine being an enforcer for a while, learning to not give a shit about the common person as you order their death and being completely callous and uncaring about people you spend all your time with dying around you is part of the training.
>>
>>70626666
Satan detected
>>
>>70626751
Killing your own dad takes some dedication, I'd say he's now fully committed to the dark side.
>>
>>70626603

I liked Kylo Ren more when he was called Zuko
>>
Cuz Snokeis Anakin and if the traning get complete then steal the body kylo but no ready yet
>>
>>70626666
That's retarded but i can't disagree with quads
>>
Also, if you subscribe to the "Snoke = Plagueis" theory: Snoke got fucked up bad by Sheev, which is why Snoke has been lying low for so long. Snoke/Plagueis does know the secret of immortality, he can takeover another persons body and use it as a vessel, provided that person is in tune with the dark side.
To do this is very difficult, Snoke has been making preparations for a long time. Snoke knows how strong the force is with the Skywalkers (possibly because Anakins creation was in part due to Snoke/Plagueis) and it's possible he planned to take Luke as a Vessel, but in the end this wasn't possible because Luke failed to turn to the dark side. So now he wants the next best thing, Kylo. But he needed to make sure Kylo truly embraced the dark side, and now that he knows this he wants to "complete his training", which actually means to take Kylos body for himself. If this is true then in the next Star Wars movie Kylo won't be an emo bitch, and Snoke won't be some crippled old fag, instead we will get Snoke/Plagueis, 2.0 a bad ass motherfucker.
>>
>>70627268
Hasn't Pablo debunk that theory already?
>>
Fun fact: The committee that wrote the movie delegated the villain's name to one man. That man, who's only job was to come up with a dark and imposing name, who could have just taken a scary word starting with "in" and sliced that off, but inexplicably used "Snoke", is now residing in multiple garbage bags a few meters off the shore of Tom Sawyer Island.
>>
>>70627268
Jesus, did I pass out during the part of the movie where they explained that?
>>
>>70626669
Because Kylo Ren is full of doubt throughout the whole film as he still loves his family?

Killing Han was him doubling down on the dark side and trying to prove to Snoke-senpai that he was fully committed.
>>
>>70627434
No, the other guy is full of shit and just pulling stuff out of his ass
>>
>>70627434

it's all fanfiction
>>
>>70627499
>>70627526
I thought so. Didn't think I imagined the movie springing a cast of villains on us as if it was the first movie in a brand new series and not the newest installment in a 40 year old saga.
>>
>>70626603
His training was obviously an ongoing process and the dramatic events of TFA called for their completion.
>>
I want Snoke's hologram to be life size and for him to swing around a tree-trunk sized lightsaber I don't care how gay that makes me.
>>
>>70627350
No clue, if you have a link I'd like to check it out.

I sorta like that theory because it would tie everything together very nicely. And also because in the prequels Sheev explains that Plagueis could create life by manipulating midichlorians. So it stands to reason that Plagueis created Anakin as a younger, more powerful vessel for himself, which is stronger with the force, and would serve to extend his life. Again, this would nicely tie together all 3 generations of the Star Wars saga and make for a bad-ass villain in the next movie.
>>
>>70626603
It was all an elaborate test to make sure Ben killed a 70 year old space cowboy who was more or less irrelevant to everyone but the audience.
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 300x225
>>70626691
>>
>>70627688
It make you approximately this gay, senpu
>>
He probably lets him out on assignments.
>Go kill a Rancor, then come back.
>Steal this really rare crystal.

Last assignment was probably to kill his dad. Kind of like a final test to see if he's willing to go full Dark Side.

Should have killed Leia since she's a closer parent, but Ford wanted out.
>>
>>70627819
Snoke is JarJar Binks
>>
>>70626603
because they wanted Rey to win, so they threw that line in to explain how Kylo could've lost.
>>
>>70626603
Because you never finish your sith apprentice's training unless absolutely necessary. They kill you.
>>
>>70627268
>taking Kylo's body for himself

I don't know, he should probably keep his old body, it's much better looking than that huge greasy nose and whiny bitch voice Kylo has.
>>
>gets owned by an untrained nobody in her first fight
>he's ready to complete his training!
stupid fucking movie
>>
File: 1346605614189.png (243 KB, 540x721) Image search: [Google]
1346605614189.png
243 KB, 540x721
>>70628538
>tfw no Star Wars movie with the brilliant writing of KOTOR 2
>>
File: 1449334095786.jpg (304 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449334095786.jpg
304 KB, 1920x1080
>>70628692
>the brilliant writing of KOTOR 2
>>
>>70628492
He's not sith
>>
So did anybody else feel that Finn's reasoning for betraying his fellow stormtroopers would've made more sense if it was one of the villagers who reached out and put blood on his helmet rather than one of his own guys?
>>
>>70628538
All they had to do was write better than Prequel-tier George and they couldn't even pull that off.
>>
>>70628922
>Force
>making sense
Finn was the Force awakening.

How many millions have to die while the Force tries to achieve "balance"?
>>
>>70628922
Just anything to establish he was somehow different than the other soldiers.

How did he make it through all the training/indoctrination that the rest of the Stormtroopers made it through but turned out differently? Give us even a throwaway line about him being unsure or something.
>>
>>70629034
The force was totally in balance in the original trilogy. Two Jedi, two Sith.
>>
>>70626751
Anger and emotion generate power with the dark side you retard, so yes, it does.
>>
>>70629057
Exactly. That was the biggest problem with the movie in general. There just wasn't enough information, like JJ went full mystery box without realizing that it was time to make the actual movie.

Every scene with Rey and Finn, for example, seemed awkward and quiet as fuck before Han came in.
>>
>>70626744
>Not sure about Kylo
>Edgy faggot who can't even beat a girl & a black dude who just picked up a light saber
>Makes him commander in chief anyway

Movie is for retards.
>>
>>70626744
Pretty shitty candidate for a darkside champion.
>>
File: l32iT9B.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
l32iT9B.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>70629064
>>
Isn't Kylo Ren the leader of the Knights of Ren? If he was rekt that bad by Rey, what does that say about his subordinates and the tension throughout the rest of the trilogy?
>>
>>70629299
it says that the writing is a fucking abysmal feminist fanfic tier piece of shit.
>>
>>70629299
The whole movie seems to fuck up the tension from any villain.

Snoke actually seemed threatening and imposing until he vanished. Instead of treating his hologram like a hologram, like the Emperor's projection, JJ decided to trick the viewers into thinking that Snoke was actually that huge.
When he vanished all of that imposition went with him. You knew he wasn't that big and that made him seem insecure. Ruined his threatening image.
>>
>>70627268
>just saw xmen: the post
>>
>>70626691
I ctrl+f'ed "as a joke" as soon as I saw this thread.

Thank you.
>>
>>70626669
because kylo is the mirror of luke. He wants to join the dark side (like luke wanted to be full light side) but there's light in him in his love for his father. His whole speech to him before he killed him was all about that. Killing han was like a gang initiation test. Now he can complete his training since he showed he's for the cause 100%
>>
>>70629452
Also the fact that his name is fucking Snoke. Sidious sounded kinda silly, but it was decent. Vader was genius. Snoke? Sounds like the name of a Smurf.
>>
>>70629795
He wasn't even called Sidious until the fuckin prequels. Originally he was just The Emperor. Not even emperor Palpatine. That also came in the prequels.
>>
>>70629452
Also when they blew up the new death star on their first try without anyone having to use the force. That scene had no fucking tension whatsoever.
>>
>>70629911
Even just "The Emperor" is good, if blindingly generic.
>>
>>70629452
Valid point. Counterpoint: making him 90 feet tall would be gay as shit.
>>
>>70629965
Yeah, it's fucking great. It's powerful but mysterious.
>>
File: 1465070037871.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1465070037871.gif
2 MB, 250x250
DCucks are still this buttmad!
>>
>>70629969
Maybe if he didn't look like my scrotum after the motorcycle accident. They could have just used Andy Serkis with some makeup instead of the CGI suit. Or a gigantic classroom skeleton with embellishments designed by a random schizophrenic Japanese hobo.
>>
>>70626603

Because they only trained him halfway as a prank.
>>
>>70627397
I'd cook a rat in a burning tire with him. Poor guy.
>>
>>70630497
No, by "residing in multiple garbage bags in an artificial river" I meant that Abrams and the Mouse had him chopped up and dumped where they left the hippie casualties in the 60's.
>>
>>70626603
Snoke is such a stupid fucking name. It reminds me of Snooki from the Jersey Shore. Also his CG face looks like shit. When they marketed this movie they made a big deal about the practical effects and puppets. Well the puppets they did have we're total shit that didn't live up to Jim Henson's work at all and then they made their main villain a CG creature that looks worse than CG from the 90's. Why couldn't they just hide his face with a mask or a cloak like a real Star Wars villain?
>>
>>70626603
Because the First Order and/or the Knights of Ren have no HR or recruiting team to make sure folks are on-processed properly and now it is biting them in the ass.
>>
>>70629064
>>70629264
the old villager dude at the start of TFA that kylo kills said we need the jedi back to bring balance to the force.
>>
>>70626858
>>70629133

He very specifically isn't more powerful after killing Han. The script even outright states that he feels weakened by what he did. If he was 100% full power dark side, he wouldn't have lost to Rey later. The only thing killing Han did at that moment was make him even more fucked in the head.

He's shit at being dark side. That's the point.
>>
If this cunt doesn't turn out to ACTUALLY be as huge as his hologram I'll be disappointed.

If he turns out to be tiny I'll be mad.

If he turns out to be Palpatine I'll be foaming at the mouth.

If he turns out to be any other established character I'll shit in my hand and throw it at the projection window.

If he turns out to be just another generic sith instead of some weird force user outside of the Jedi/Sith I'll be disappointed again.
>>
>>70627268
Ironic, isn't it?
>>
>>70626603
Anyone get the impression Snoke is just fucking with him? I think he's keeping Kylo relatively weak and conflicted on purpose. Probably so Kylo keeps being his attack dog and doesn't get any ideas about trying to challenge him.
>>
>>70631411
He's confirmed to be like 7 or 8 feet I think and to be an entirely new character. Plagueis theory was officially shot in the head and buried.
>>
>>70630875
Yeah, and football head with the googly eyes was like a college kids project too. Took me right out of the movie. "Snoke" with bad cgi and cheesy voice effect reminded me that this is a childrens cartoon.
>>
>>70631422
dontcha think
>>
Speaking of Star Wars, what's the age of Consent in their universe? I want a harem of teeny Twi'leks. I'd go for borderline younglings if I can get away with it.
>>
>>70631778
18? Probably the reason they made Rey 19 and had her interact with older men. None of the guys are around her age. Even Finn is older than her by 5 years.
>>
>>70631778
>>
Because
>kill someone dearest to you and than we shall see we shall see
>>
>>70631881
I'm pretty sure that's just Disney being Disney.
>>70631892
Bueno~
>>
>>70631881
Huh I never thought about it that way.
>>
>>70630060
God damn Evans knows how to laugh.
>>
>>70626773
This is getting super old. 666 refers to the Antichrist, you uncultured swine, not Satan himself.
>>
>>70626603
Kylo the OT had luke fight his father so in this rip off you have to fight yours.
>>
>>70634332
666 is literally emperor nero you pleb
>>
File: mace-dindu.jpg (76 KB, 788x569) Image search: [Google]
mace-dindu.jpg
76 KB, 788x569
>>70626603
Mace Windu is Snoke

Think about it, it makes sense
>>
>>70634537
Thought about it. It does not
>>
>>70634548
How doesnt it?

>both are bald
>both have reason to dislike the sith and the jedi
>both have used the dark side
>both have been severely injured

Mace Windu fell out of a window after getting his hand cut off, you cant tell me hes dead when Darth Maul got cut in fucking half and fell down some fucking pit and not only lived but became even stronger
>>
>>70634582
>looks nothing alike
>entire body shape is different
>he'd be like 100 years old
>>
>>70634634
of course they look different, hes been horrifically mangled and electrocuted, and is super old. But someone powerful in the force could probably prolong their life quite a bit if they so chose
>>
>>70634660
JJ would never allow it
>black men depicted as evil
not in my universe
>>
>>70634699
JJ isnt in charge anymore
>>
>>70634724
disney too
>>
>>70634741
Disney might allow it, since Snoke doesnt look black and they need a big twist for the second film to mirror the Vader Luke thing, and the Kylo thing doesnt work for that since they already blew their load for that
>>
>>70634780
Snoke is a new character from fanfic wank. The TFA book mentioned they were thinking of making Snoke female.
>>
File: o9xwqhqlptwzebt3o1xk.jpg (162 KB, 1908x778) Image search: [Google]
o9xwqhqlptwzebt3o1xk.jpg
162 KB, 1908x778
Make the galaxy great again.
>>
>>70634332
The eponymous "beast" of number of the beast refers to both the anti-christ and the devil.
>>
Snoke is the dark side of anakin who survived the fall off the bridge into the abyss of the deathstar.

The light side of anakin left the body and that is why you see him with obiwan.
>>
>>70635166
But anakin never fell off the bridge into the abyss of the death star
>>
>>70636541
Blown the fuck out with one simple post.
>>
>>70626603
Honestly, i saw TFA in Imax 3d six tines when it came out, just pleased to finally have something Star Wars that actually looked like it belonged in the star wars universe.

...but I never did manage to care about really any of the characters. The entire Snoke thing seemed unecessary and tacked-on. Kylo (nice cutesy name, evil villain) was a poorly assembled hodge podge of character ideas and cliches. Po was a grinning cardboard cutout, Rey was just obnoxious and then inexplicably magical overnight. I didnt really care what happened to any of them or their back stories beyond the film.

As happy as I was to see it, the movie was kind of a popcorn flick.
>>
>>70635166
If you mean... wait I'm not sure who you could mean.
>>
>>70631411
Yeah so far the hugeness seems the only interesting aspect of him

Off the top of my head I can't think of any scifi with an advanced race of giants
>>
>>70626666
>Because the act of killing his own father means he has fully turned to the dark side.

Or DID it? ;^)
>>
>>70627268

This, but with Daisy Ridley's character. It is her turning to the dark side that these movies are about. Kylo Ren and pals are a poor parody of the Empire.
>>
File: daisysmile.jpg (47 KB, 592x360) Image search: [Google]
daisysmile.jpg
47 KB, 592x360
>>70626603
Maybe if he had completed it he wouldn't have been wrecked by the mouth of sauron.
>>
>>70637703
Yeah I can see Snoke ditching Kylo for Rey.
>>
>>70629452
Giant Snoke could be dope.

I thought insecure Wizard of Oz Snoke could be cool as well, but they've already taken a massive risk with making Kylo a weak villain.
>>
>>70631427
Why even keep Kylo around if he's so weak?
>>
>Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Lets see how it does on the new and improved /tv/ chart>>70636961
>92%
>Very pleb friendly flick with the odd patrician speaking up stating its the same old shit they've seen before
apt, if I say so myself
>>
>>70631427
>>70638760
Kylo seemed pretty badass at the start. Then they had him throw a tantrum, get half beat by a traitor stormtrooper (who almost got killed by another stormtrooper and saved by Han) and then rekt by a girl in force ability and duelling ability who didn't even know the jedi were real half a day ago. There was no real threat when Rey just beats him at every turn with no training or anything. Fucking ridiculous
>>
>>70626603
Killing his dad and renouncing his familial ties was part of his training.

Same deal with Luke in RotJ. Yoda says he'll only be a Jedi once he faces his father.
>>
File: 1362.jpg (137 KB, 1225x735) Image search: [Google]
1362.jpg
137 KB, 1225x735
>>70626603
Is he a big guy, or is he all hologram?
>>
>>70639052
The only thing that was good about Kylo Ren was his menacingly calm baritone voice, but the tantrums cancel the effect of le calm, evil mastermind.
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.