[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GoT: Holdor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: holdor.png (2 MB, 1481x1013) Image search: [Google]
holdor.png
2 MB, 1481x1013
I think this is very important but it's not clear to me.

Did he hold the door on his own or was Bran controlling him?
>>
Bran was controlling him in the present through the past. Bran caused Hodors seizure in the past a a result of him warging him in the future.
>>
>>69917749
Hodor is a Tyler Durden-esque projection of Bran's repressed psyche. He lost the use of his legs but not his mind, so he fantasises about being an able-bodied retard.
>>
>>69917810
I get that but who was holding the door? Present Bran or Present Hodor?
>>
the fucking hamfisted way they played this reveal out was disgusting. No one would fucking repeat "hold the door, hold the door, hold the door, hold the door" over and over again in that situation... unless it's to make sure the stupid as fuck audience knows it's meant to be hodor's name origin.
>>
>>69917869
Past Bran
>>
This show is really getting terrible.

I never understood the hatred towards the writers, now I do. Did they honestly think this was clever? To me it just seemed so forced and unnecessary. They took a cool character's gimmick and made it overly meaningful, taking away its charm. This plot development adds nothing that wouldn't be there if Bran just warged normally and Hodor died. The fact that Bran is responsible for his deficit is like 'okay, and? well we're damn lucky that deficit existed because otherwise Bran would've died long ago'.
>>
HOLD UP
HOLD UP
HOL UP

>mfw black people get warged in every day

WTF I hate white people now
>>
>>69917950
This was straight from gurm himself, bookfriend
>>
The post-show interview with D&D confirms "Hold the door" is straight from GRRM. The context will probably be different, but it probably involves Bran fucking with his brain by warging. Bran and Meera outrunning an army of wights because Hodor blocked a door doesn't seem very GRRM-esque to me, though. Hopefully it'll make more sense in the book.

As for your question, I dunno. I guess it is Bran holding the door. But because he's warging into present-Hodor while still in the past, that fucks up past-Hodor, forming a closed loop.

So in that sense, Hodor holding the door isn't some brave, self-sacrificial thing. It's Bran controlling him, and essentially murder. That actually is pretty GRRM-esque, as the books repeatedly mention that warging into humans is a really shitty thing to do but Bran just keeps doing it. There has to be a price, namely Hodor's mind and his life.
>>
>>69918123

why do u think he hasn't been writing for so long? It turns out he was good at writing a medieval political thriller -- not so good at writing a fantasy novel.
>>
>>69918285

The answer I was looking for, cheers
>>
The thing that really doesn't make sense is why Bran and Bloodraven were in past-Winterfell in the first place. Just the previous scene is Bloodraven telling Bran to GTFO because he's been marked by Night's King. Also, it doesn't seem like there's anything particularly important going on in past-Winterfell at the moment, just young Eddard doing some shit. So what were they doing? Did Bloodraven fucking know that Bran had to fuck up Hodor at that specific time? I really hope not.
>>
>>69918484
I think he had to expedite the training. Sort of like throwing someone in the pool to force them to swim, if that makes sense to you
>>
>>69918123
I've never read the books.

Bad writing is bad writing. I didn't even cover everything stupid about it in that post:

We've covered the fact that it doesn't need an origin story. I also said it detracted from the character's charm, here's why: The whole appeal of the catchphrase is a distinct lack of meaning. Giving it meaning takes away that appeal.

The worst part of it though? There has always been a scar on Hodor's head, right on his temple In fact, in an interview Kristian Nairn said they had to do a take ENTIRELY because they forgot to add the scar in makeup. Wow, what attention to detail, right? Goddamn, people should be rewarded for such an effort.

"HUURR NOOOO" Say the writers as THEY COMPLETELY EXTINGUISH the idea that Hodor has expressive aphasia due to brain damage.

Seriously: They had already written a reason for 'HODOR' into the show, but now they're like 'oh, that scar right where his Broca's area would be? Yeah, completely meaningless'.
>>
>>69918668

>Broca's area

Greetings.
>>
Keep in mind the Kingsmoot is straight from gurm as well, and that was great in the books, utterly mediocre in the show.
>>
>>69918810
>About a third to a half of individuals with autism do not develop enough natural speech to meet their daily communication needs.
>>
>>69918668

>bad writing

Talking about bad writing, wouldnt it be considered bad writing by any literary standard to create a likeable character like Benjen Stark and then have him just disappear in the way that no one even remembers him. And then one day he appears and everyone is like "Oh, that guy". It wont have any impact because its been too long. Its not even a literary technique, it just looks like the writer actually forgot about a character.

Thoughts?
>>
>>69918978

Well the series was supposed to be a trilogy when GRRM started, with Winds being the last book

A likeable character from the first book making a surprise return in the third is fine. The way the series has gone, yeah, it's a little stretched out
>>
>>69918668
Dude, it's been shit for seasons now. Forget about it.
>>
>>69917749
So we are supposed to believe he actually held the door long enough for them to go away to safety? There were like thousands of others there
>>
File: c0c.jpg (72 KB, 634x650) Image search: [Google]
c0c.jpg
72 KB, 634x650
>>69918668
>getting this upset over your tv shows
>>
>>69919191

He held the door
>Hodor

Get it?
>>
>>69919191
he's fucking huge nigga
>>
>>69917891
Hodor was so fucking cowardly and retarded that Meera absolutely would have continued shouting at him.

Of course, that is also the reason why I didn't care for the character and the scene fell entirely flat, but Meera's shouting was justified.
>>
>>69919191
The others are skin and bone,the buff leader dudes have the strength and power.
>>
>>69917810
He was a bit messed up before bran did his magic,you can see mark on his right temple where something his him.
>>
File: called it.png (28 KB, 1010x286) Image search: [Google]
called it.png
28 KB, 1010x286
>>
>>69917922

future bran time travelling in the past is more accurate
>>
File: Petyrthebeauty.png (199 KB, 774x484) Image search: [Google]
Petyrthebeauty.png
199 KB, 774x484
>>69919191
>>69919812

they are wights you morons. the other refers to WW.
>>
>>69920016
No one cares.
>>
>>69918668
having a meaning in use =! having an origin

when hodor said hodor all the time it was simply the only thing he could say and nobody knew of any meaning behind the word in the instances that he used it because it was simply a verbal reaction to things so it was still catchphrase with a distinct lack of meaning as you put it
>>
File: Idoooo.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Idoooo.jpg
34 KB, 1280x720
>>69920080
I dooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>69918668

In the first vision, Hodor didn't have a scar on his face. In the final vision, he clearly has a red mark on his face from being kicked by a horse.
>>
>>69918484
It makes sense when you realize that everything that's happening has already happened so he needed to be there so he can warg into Wylis in the past in that exact moment and become Hodor
>>
>>69917749
He wasnt being controlled in the end.
>>
Way to pull one of the most convoluted paradoxes out of thin air. Terminator has made 5 movies and they still haven't unfucked what they did in the first one. Fuck this hamfisted predestination time travel bullshit.
>>
>>69918285
This

Thanks man
>>
>>69917950
Obviously the fact that Bran is responsible for what happened would cause him to understand the weight of his powers better.

Or maybe it is a statement about the nature of reality in the Game of Thrones world. Certainly it lacks straightforward linearity.

One also wonders how much of reality is shaped by folks like Bran and the raven - Has the raven been doing this? It's clear that he knew it was possible.

The idea that you think it's meaningless just speaks to your limited imagination.
>>
File: 4wbGWhjv5ys.jpg (22 KB, 604x353) Image search: [Google]
4wbGWhjv5ys.jpg
22 KB, 604x353
>>69919310
>dude just turn your brain off. Bro.
>>
>>69919161

But here you are still and you will still be here in 2 years. I've no doubt you just enjoy 'the banter'.
>>
File: DocBrown.jpg (38 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
DocBrown.jpg
38 KB, 620x350
>>69917749
GREAT SCOTT! Bran we have to go back. BACK TO THE FUTURE!
>>
Are they going to mention Varys's lack of cock every episode? Is it going to be a important plot point?
>>
>>69920771

The Red Priestess actually has it somewhere and she will use it to perform some magic act. Possibly to kill Jamie.

Screencap this.
>>
>>69920823
They literally just said it was thrown into the fire.
>>
Hodor got the color back in his eyes as he was holding the door. He wasn't being warged at that moment, it was all him. He's spent his whole life knowing he'd die holding the door and when the time came he manned up
>>
>>69920511

There is no paradox (at this time). Everything that has happened will still happen, we are simply watching it happen.
>>
HAHA EVERYTHING IS SHIT
I HATE THIS SHOW EVERYONE ITS SHIT
OMG I HATE IT SO MUCH HOW SHIT IS IT

HAHA
>>
>>69918484
Bloodraven can't leave: he's become a part of the tree. The fact that Bran fucked up and let the Walkers in meant that BR had to move up the timetable: the fact that they were "viewing" Winterfell is irrelevant, they simply both needed to be "in" the Weirwood network so that he could be uploading himself into Bran. That;s not speculation, that's what D&D actually said is happening in the "Behind the Episode" segment.

>"It's time for you to become me"

He didn't mean that figuratively.
>>
WAIT WHAT? I'm so confused...
>>
>>69920875

You think they know everything?
She said they can make mistakes.

Also, it would be just a black version then, grilled.
>>
>>69921123
Varys also said this when he told his story to Tyrion seasons ago

this happened in front of him
>>
>>69920884
Kind of, yeah. Bran was stuck in the past so he couldn't actually warg into Hodor in the present, but he WAS able to "program" Hodor to hold the door. Doing so fucked him up, because Bran doesn't really know what he's doing, but when the time came to hold the door the programming from his past kicked in and he held the goddamn door.
>>
>>69921190

Do you think he always speaks the truth?
>>
>>69921100
What is confusing you?
>>
>>69918668
Detracts from his charm? I would be ok with that argument if the charm hadn't been replaced by a large dose of sorrow, which it was. There's still a lot emotion tied to Hodor and his name, it just make not be silly anymore.
>>
>>69921252
I think there is literally no reason to doubt the story told by varys and then repeated by the priestess (and confirmed again by varys's reaction)
>>
>>69921252
Yes, actually.
Varys is the most trustworthy character in the entire series. It's actually kind of a running joke (his name is even based on the latin root for "truth") He is deceptive as fuck, but not because he lies.
>>
>>69919191

He holds the door for three days in the books.
>>
>>69917749
It was just some dumb tv thing.
>>
>>69921357
interesting point... i am thinking now when he could have lied... but i don#t remember a lie from him..
maybe when he told aerys its save to open the gates of kingslanding to tywins army in roberts rebellion?
>>
>>69921491

He lied when he said his dick was cut off.
Its a ruse im telling you.

It will be one of the big reveals of this or next season.

The scene with that boys dick was pre-foreshadowing
>>
>>69921491
He told Aerys that it was NOT safe
>>
File: 1462046028323.gif (986 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1462046028323.gif
986 KB, 400x300
>>69921548
>The scene with that boys dick was pre-foreshadowing

it all make sense now, you won the game of thrones
>>
File: 1450450295686.png (282 KB, 467x506) Image search: [Google]
1450450295686.png
282 KB, 467x506
>>69921587
yeah you right, i just read it again...
thx for clearing my mind
>>
>>69921623

but what is the prize?

i think no one ever addressed this issue.
what good is it when someone actually wins the game of thrones?

probably they will feel empty and void, and just fall into depression and kill themselves eventually.
>>
File: 1454782970890.jpg (83 KB, 616x558) Image search: [Google]
1454782970890.jpg
83 KB, 616x558
>>69921760
>>
>>69921239
wasn't it meera who told him to 'hold the door' though?
>>
>>69921280
hodor's eyes stopped being Warg White in the future, his eyes never went wargy in the past, and in the present meera refers to hodor as hodor, not bran. So was bran warging hodor to hold the door, or was hodor holding the door?
>>
>>69922170
bran warged the door
>>
>>69922170
>you
did you read OP's post?
>>
>>69919935
k
>>
>>69917950
It's fucking hilarious how people parrot "IT WAS GRMS IDEA!!!!" as if that makes it any less terrible.

If GRRM puts that in the books and he doesnt make the execution much better than it was in the show, then it was shit.
>>
>>69922170
bran warged into the wights and made them go slightly slower than usual to make sure hodor's death was slow and painful
>>
>>69918668

The only reason for the scar is because the actor has a face tattoo
>>
>>69919871
I think somewhere in the book they mentioned that he kept hitting his head on things when because he was tall
>>
>>69922966
he's fucking 10
wat
>>
>>69918484

In the inside the episode they mention that bloodraven is basically uploading everything he can in that moment
>>
>>69917950
>baaaaaaaaaw my meme character died
>>
>>69922993
hodor has one
>>
>>69922966
>>69923095
jesus christ why the fuck did he do this
>>
>>69923135
why does anyone do anything?
>>
Why do they keep saying Varys has no cock?

I can only suspect this is building up to him revealing that he actually has his cock. As he shoves it down Tyrion's throat
>>
I don't understand a fucking thing that is going on. This show is a mess.
>>
heh
>>
>>69921491
That was pycelle who advised to open the gate
>>
>>69923252
This wasn't from the books?
>>
Must suck if the only worthwhile thing you do in your entire life is hold a door shut before dying.
>>
>>69923302

Most characters POV have passed the books at this point
>>
File: 1398229269094.jpg (185 KB, 1200x944) Image search: [Google]
1398229269094.jpg
185 KB, 1200x944
>>69923307
Because spending your life on an anonymous imageboard is so much better right?
>>
>>69923307
Still made more of a difference than Waymar Royce.
>>
>>69923204
Because the ritual in which it was cut off seems to be important, as it has been mentioned at length twice now.
>>
>>69917950
> Wanting a flat death of a tertiary character killed by one dimensionl evil with no repercussions
Walda, Osha, Balon, Ariane, Doran, Areo, and Barristan Selmy aren't enough?

> overly meaningful
Wew lad
>>
>>69922886
my brother has only watched up to episode 2 of this season thus far, he and some other friends thought they might be able to wait until the next book so they don't have great moments like HOLD THE DOOR hacked to pieces like D&D

i'm close to telling him he might to right to wait, it will be interesting to see how this is done in the book, might make more sense

also the origin of the white walkers, they better clear that shit up with flashbacks - they basically revealed and handwaved it in this episode CHILDREN OF THE FOREST ARE DEAD NOW LOL, DEAD END ON THIS IMPORTANT PLOT POINT
>>
>>69923307
>only worthwhile

>not leaving the side of the heir to Winterfell for years, protecting him, bleeding for him, killing for him, literally carrying him miles to a destination that you know you will end up dying at

>only worthwhile
>>
>>69919191
I mean, the show explicitly shows them not getting away, so maybe wait and see next ep?

Sam somehow got away from a similar army in S2.
>>
They've mentioned Stannis way too many times now, he is obviously alive.
>>
>>69923481
It was pretty fucking stupid how nonchalant they were about the WW origin.

>"And over here is where we make the White Walkers, you can see how much love and affection goes into each one!"
>>
>>69920771
The same way as every S2/3 episode included a Brienne rape joke and S1 Imp jokes, yes.
>>
>>69920771
Yes, same with Theon. You're not a true man if you have no cock.
>>
File: 1403279593401.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1403279593401.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>69918285
I honestly thought the Children of the Forest would turn out to be bad guys. My theory was that they wanted Bran because he could warg into humans, something they could never do. If he was able to share that knowledge with them then they could do it. They could then use the humans like puppets which was their goal all along. This would've been after they lost the forests, which were promised to them by the humans when they made their last agreement.
>>
>>69922170
>hodor's eyes stopped being Warg White in the future
Right, he wasn't being warged
>his eyes never went wargy in the past
They did, actually
>and in the present meera refers to hodor as hodor, not bran
Relevant... why? Meera doesn't know what's going on.

Hodor wasn't being warged when he was holding the door, but he was doing it because when he was a child Bran programmed him to do exactly that.
>>
File: Jonthebeauty.png (133 KB, 603x388) Image search: [Google]
Jonthebeauty.png
133 KB, 603x388
>>69924322
Yeah i thought about that too, but all the greenseers were first men. And only one in a thousand greenseers were fit for 3er's job(as Bran is one). There were plenty of wargs in the north, not a common ability, but also not an extreme rare (all the stark children got the bases for warging).
And the loss of their forrests (second time) is due to the andal invasion. They already had a pact with the first men then who helped them fight the andals.
>>
>>69923352
Right. There are a few plotlines which are still "behind" the books: Aryas, mostly. The Kingsmoot should have happaned a long time ago. Other characters stories are now so different from the books (Brienne, Jaime, Sansa) it's impossible to tell if we're past the books or not. Will Jaime still head to the Riverlands and try to bring it to heel? I assume he and Brienne are heading there now in order to realign their stories with the novels but it's hard to say.
>>
File: 1463965822208.png (69 KB, 2026x890) Image search: [Google]
1463965822208.png
69 KB, 2026x890
>>69924613
>when he was a child Bran programmed him to do exactly that

i rather think that Bran warged into Hodor from the past and that made a connection between them so young Hodor could see him. Then he hears due to the connection with bran and his future self meeras shoutings "hold the door" from both sides of the timeline and thats what grilled his brain.

anybody see sense in that?
>>
File: 1463261362262.png (24 KB, 367x461) Image search: [Google]
1463261362262.png
24 KB, 367x461
I want to say i like this thread because /got/ general is too crowded at those times.
>>
>>69924972
This makes sense. I takes the malice away from Bran. More of a "what have I done with this power" than "I have this power now die for me meat puppet".
>>
-Bran was in his Vision/Past state
-Bran heard Meera, and warged into present-Hodor, outside the V/P state
-The past state and the warg state were too much at the same time, due to the circumstances
-There was overlap, past-Hodor was hearing Meera
-Some wired got crossed, past-Hodor got connected to present-Hodor
-Past-Hodor seizes up because he is feeling everything that present-Hodor is going through
-The only thing in his mind that matters is holding the door, no matter what
-The psychological damage from the event caused him to become the Hodor we knew.
-After the event, past-Hodor always knew his eventual fate, and still went with Bran knowing the outcome.

simple enough?
>>
>>69920771
Stupid question:
Does Varys have "king's blood" or does the red priesthood make blood sacrifices willy nilly?
>>
Bloodraven was essentially "uploading" what knowledge he could into Bran's brain while the Others were invading the caves. Bran was in the vision at the time and unable to leave because BR was trying to teach him as much as he could before he died. This is why he took control of Hodor inside the dream, his consciousness was inside the dream, so when he warged into Hodor, he warged into him during the dream, and apparently this means he can warg into him in the present at the same time or some shit. It's kinda confusing honestly.
>>
>>69917749
It's pseudo-intellectual redditor bait. It's a fucking tv show. Shit happens because it happens. You should all be ashamed at how pathetic you are.
>>
File: 1451900966511.png (27 KB, 370x320) Image search: [Google]
1451900966511.png
27 KB, 370x320
>>69925733
aaand I'm going to take a guess that you feel higher and righteous by telling us how pathetic we are?
>>
File: 1463276351973.jpg (77 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1463276351973.jpg
77 KB, 800x800
>>69925501
there is a theory that Varys is a blackfire

but i don't really see this coming. i think we know his backstory from what's written.

and it is not said that the man who mutilated Varys was a red priest. That red semen demon just knows about it, i guess. because of firemagic and shit.

more interesting seems to me question if only hotties are allowed for red priestresses.is there like a top model contest for R'hllor?
>>
>>69925830
Its a tv show. Grow up.
>>
>>69925848
but that doesn't relate to my post at all..?
>>
Interested to see the book version, since Jojen didn't get stabbed and blown up out of nowhere in those and has his whole thing about knowing when he'll die. I think he'll play a part in whatever George's version of things end up being.
>>
Does this show have fucking time travel now
>>
>Raven and Bran basically in the Matrix
>Night's King and friends are Smith
>they even get through a firewall

BRAVO
>>
It feels like every decision the Stark family has made has ended in disaster or failure.

By this point, they probably should be wiped out.
>>
>>69917749
Bran is a piece of shit, he kills people or gets them killed.

I think the genesis of Hodor was great in general, it's just that D&D when given content already written by the author mostly play it off well on screen, but when they try to get creative or their cheapness kicks in it falls flat. They are not clever or creative.
>>
>>69926290
Name one person Bran killed that wasn't in self-defense.

Name one person that did not volunteer to follow Bran that he got killed.
>>
>>69919740
>Of course, that is also the reason why I didn't care for the character and the scene fell entirely flat

Screw you man, I shed a couple of tears
>>
>>69925833
>more interesting seems to me question if only hotties are allowed for red priestresses.is there like a top model contest for R'hllor?
They're illusionists, bro. They can look like whatever they want.
>>
>>69926290

This times a thousand. Their deviations from GRRM's beautiful masterplan were childlike and hamfisted.
They absolutely fucked up so many great places, characters and storylines. Dorne was a shitfest, Stannis' character was butchered from the get go, no Victarion or Moqorro, Euron is just a budget Donald Trump. I feel like they cut too much of Jaime's amazing storyline, he's even more childish now after his hand was cut off. Soooo many pointless scenes of Tommen.

When they did stick closer to the books though, it was great. Seasons 1-3 were good shit. The Hodor reveal was great. After the death of Oberyn, everything started to slide downhill in quality. There was never that cheap feeling of plot armor until Ramsay and Twenty of House Goodmen.
>>
>>69926145
Why doesn't Tony Stark help his family take back Winterfell?
>>
>>69926394
Hodor has free will, he's a retard.
He's a piece of shit anyway you look at it. Jojen dies, they make it to the 3ER and first thing almost he asks, will I walk again? You fuckin piece of shit, poor Jojen was jigged with knives by skeletons and you get excited at the thought of maybe walking again. He's pure selfishness anyway you look at it. I can go all day listing how Bran is a piece of shit if you want. These are just a few examples, there are many more where his true shit insides are exposed for the piece of shit he is.
>>
File: 1462142254106.jpg (7 KB, 288x175) Image search: [Google]
1462142254106.jpg
7 KB, 288x175
>>69926601
yeah... still would
>>
File: anon.gif (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
anon.gif
29 KB, 500x375
>>69923252
scroll up you fucking donkey
>>
>>69926686
so, no one then?

Jojen was deathly ill, and was going to die either way.

HE FUCKING KNEW THAT BEFORE HE EVEN WENT TO BRAN

Bran was pushed into this by 3ER.

He's like Adam Jensen. He never asked for this.
>>
File: 1402975137189.gif (681 KB, 493x363) Image search: [Google]
1402975137189.gif
681 KB, 493x363
>>69926394
>Name one person that did not volunteer to follow Bran that he got killed.

Hodor.

Hodor did not have the capacity to volunteer to be Bran's pack mule, a pack mule being lead to BE slaughtered by ice zombies.
>>
>>69918668
Are you Tom Scott?
>>
>>69926895
>implying Hodor didn't understand what was going on

this episode literally confirmed that Hodor knew his fate from the start, and still went with it.
>>
>>69926670
He can't have anymore movies without it being called Avengers or Civil War
>>
>>69918123
Cite which book / printing / page number this occurs in.

You cannot because it doesn't exist because Gurm never wrote it. Only thing worse than Wikifags are showfags pretending to be bookfags.
>>
>>
>>69918310
>he thinks that because season 3 was worse than season 1 then clearly book 3 wasn't the best
>>
>>69923218
or maybe you are just downright stupid.
>>
>>69926632
Serious, they weren't a good match for this, but maybe from the start of the GoT series they thought they'd have content from GRRM to work off of, if they did, MAYBE, and it's a big maybe, the story would have flowed better on screen.
>>
>not going back into the past and stopping those tree cunts from making the first white walker
you had one job
>>
I don't see why Hodor's origin is bad writing.

Sure, we're not entirely sure how it happened, but it only happened at tehe end of the last episode. There's still time for an explanation.
>>
>>69918668
Here's your (You).

What is a red herring. This show/books are full of them.

Now, kill yourself.
>>
>>69923135
Is he a fag?
>>
>>69927111
Yeah admitted it.

It will be in the next book you cuckold.
>>
>>69926632
>blaming tv show runners for the fatass author being too lazy to make millions of dollars by typing
>>
>>69917810
Paradox tho
>>
>>69919871

>implying the local commoners aren't just meat for the nobility anyway
>>
>>69927111
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>69927111
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfXP1RHLLx4
>>
>>69927111
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9Jsj9V_Aqg

5:30
>>
>>69917749
The way I took it.

Bran accidently warged Willem.
Bran accidently showed him his future and his death. Broke him mentally. The command to Hold the door was always in Hodors mind - like it kicked in from when he shouted it at Willem. As he held the door his sanity probably returned.
His 1st moment of awareness in 20 years was being butchered.

>feeldor.jpeg
>>
>>69926096
KEK
>>
>>69927524
No it won't.

>>69927749
You are retarded you cuck faggot.

>>69927751
>>69927779
Nice textual evidence. "Gurm told me so, I swear!"
>>
You can see that briefly Hodor's eyes become normal again. He then grits his teeth and pushed back
>>
>>69927906
why would they fuckin lie, you fucktard imbecile?
>>
>>69927906
>Nice textual evidence

Sorry, bookfag, Gurm is going to write something that you're not happy about
>>
>>69927960
I thought that too, he turned sane in some sense, but still held the door was programmed to do so in a sense. it would have been cool if he yelled run BRANDON STARK! RUN! I'M HOLDING DOOR! I'M HODOOOOOOOOR!
>>
>>69918285
>Bran and Meera outrunning an army of wights because Hodor blocked a door doesn't seem very GRRM-esque to me, though.
Did they though?
They disappeared into the mist and the episode ended.
There is no telling if they actually got away or just got a little bit of a breather before the wrights find them in the storm.
>>
Why didn't she hold the door herself? What an entitled bitch.
>>
>>69928147
No way in hell they outrun the whites or the others. Were there only a few CotF left? The show makes it seem just 4 or 5 left and they all died. Are there still wildlings north of the wall too? Did the wildlings ever bump into the CotF? They don't mention them much do they? Are there any giants still north of the wall? Wondering if in the book the north is still inhabited by CotF wildlings and giants.
>>
>HOLD THE DOOR, HODOR, KILL YOURSELF AND LET ME LIVE, EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE MORE CAPABLE OF PULLING BRAN ALONG AND I'LL HAVE TO STOP FOR A BREATHER AFTER EVERY 30 FEET
>>
>>69928057
You then admit he has not written it and that what he will write will be different than what was portrayed on a television program?

>>69928011
Same reason they'd ask zero followups when Gurm tells them a vague abstract of what will happen. They're massive cucks like those who accept what's happening this season as what will happen verbatim in the books.

I guess Wally Duck is off to find a cure to his gresyscale now in order to prove to Dany that he's worthy.
>>
>>69917950
Kill yourself and rid this world of your stupidity
>>
>>69927111
Retard
>>
why did no one who saw him spaz out, like old nan, ever say that Hodor started off saying hold the door.

I remember reading in the books like Bran would speculate why he said Hodor and no one knew. Surely Old Nan would have told him
'yeah one day he started spazzing out shouting hold the door'
>>
>>69917749
>yfw Hodor doesn't ever really die, his mind keeps being sent back in time into his 12 year old self

1 or 2 loops through life and its bound to drive someone batty, let alone however many times Hodor has likely held the door while dying just to end up 12 again
>>
>>69928337
This, Meera is literally the reason for Hodor's death. Gas that jew
>>
>>69926057
Jojens ded m8
>>
>>69928452
What chapter then?
>>
>>69928463
Maybe she didn't want to talk about it.
>>
>>69923135
He's a fag, as in he's a homosexual male not a shitposter on 4chan
>>
>>69928360
>You then admit he has not written it

Well, he may well have written it.

>what he will write will be different than what was portrayed on a television program

It'll be pretty much the same, sorry if this is a disappointment for you
>>
>>69928525
Next book dear friend
>>
>>69928576
So Eddard Stark never had a brother? It's going to go down exactly like that huh?
>>
>>69917950
>They took a cool character's gimmick and made it overly meaningful, taking away its charm.
Yes, that is all we got out of that scene, nothing about how the past is altered by the future or how fucked up people can get from it. Go watch big bag theory.
>>
>>69928720
If it saves D&D some money, then it will be so my sweet summer child.
>>
>>69928720
We're talking about Hodor you collosal fucktard
>>
Rip Summer, Ghost is the next likely animal candidate for shock death
>>
File: latestCAU2C1NP.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
latestCAU2C1NP.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>69928931
wrong image
>>
>>69928931
>Ghost is the next likely animal candidate for shock death

How about the dragons?
>>
Rip Summer. Killed by the winter.
>>
>>69917749

he born to it. he born to hold the door against demons and save bran

hes death will worth the win game
>>
>>69928919
You're talking about that scene and how everything played out and claiming Gurm wrote it exactly like that.

I'm claiming it will be done better. You can't handle this because you're all faggot showfags who can't even handle their STRONK WOMXN being found squatting by sunset.

>>69928877
Saves them asking Gurm any followup questions or for details too because they know they're beholden to him and risk losing out on other facts. Cucks like the lot of you.
>>
>>69928552
Yeah well fuck you buddy
>>
>>69928991
I don't expect the DDees to cut into the dragons until they finish off the wolves
>>
>>69928931
By the end of this season every cgi will be gone, dragons, giants, direwolves etc. The only cgi will probably be the others, and I bet there whole army is somehow killed off and they venture around, like 10 of them and kill off rulers in westeros, not even fight whole armies to keep the budget costs low. You'll see people in just bullshit shit tier cosplay outfits and no armor soon.
>>
File: 1450357956752.png (92 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1450357956752.png
92 KB, 400x400
ITT
>>
>>69927159
Phantom boner?
>>
>>69929098
>You'll see people in just bullshit shit tier cosplay outfits and no armor soon.
it could work if they went full on Army of Darkness with the undead armies but of course they wouldn't
>>
>I-I totally see thru your schemes CIA!
>I don't trust you leave me alone!
>I-I don't trust my brother either because you said 1 line
Is she the dumbest bitch ever?
>>
>>69919740
How was he cowardly
>>
File: feels.png (225 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225 KB, 2400x2400
>>69929098
>tfw only cgi the part of the neck connecting cerseis head to a body double.
>>
>>69918668
>In fact, in an interview Kristian Nairn said they had to do a take ENTIRELY because they forgot to add the scar in makeup.
Source
>>
File: 1457063784248.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1457063784248.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
>>69917811
>>
>hold the door

How did this work for other languages? Did anyone watch dubbed?
>>
>>69918668
Have you considered that you might just be stupid?
>>
p a r a d o x
a
r
a
d
o
x
>>
>>69929584
terrible
>>69928530
>>
>>69929549
What's even supposed to be happening in this pepe? He's surprised, and being startled made the popcorn jump out of his bag?

He purposefully threw them up to try and catch it in his mouth?
>>
why the fuck does the sansa actress have different nipples in the first scene and in the second scene ?
>>
>>69921491
didnt he lie at tyrions trial?
>>
>>69929584
Halt die Tür auf!
>HODOR!
Para la puerta!
>HODOR!
Fermi la porta!
>HODOR!
>>
Calling it now, Night King has infected Bran with a computer virus and is just gonna hound Meera and Bran through the wall as a way to take down the fire wall separating the north north from everyone else
>>
>>69927159
I was hoping he would crossbow that bitch mid sentence
>>
>>69929060
Wow just wow. What a fucking idiot
>>
>>69929372
Huge disappointment
>>
>>69929917
>books

What? It wasn't in the books, it's probably gonna be in TWoW
>>
>>69930000
yeah wtf, this was not in the books yet
>>
Is Bran a good man?
>>
>>69920902
There is they have to explain how Hodor got messed up the very first time to start the loop otherwise he would've had a completely different life that didn't revolve around being a mindless piggyback golem
>>
>>69929742
BINGO!
thx, you saved me from a sleepless night
>>
File: 01409212343967Z.png (196 KB, 396x297) Image search: [Google]
01409212343967Z.png
196 KB, 396x297
>>69921548
>pre-foreshadowing
Do you check the weather for pre-predictions, too?
>>
>>69929699
Excitement.
>>
>>69929910
Giving away your IP for free? Yup, Gurm is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>69917869
Present Bran was using the past as proxy to warg into Hodor. Why he couldn't just do it directly doesn't make much sense to me.
>>
>>69930406
I wouldn't say free
>>
>>69919191
>>69919812

6/10, you actually tricked some people.
>>
>>69923567
>Sam somehow got away from a similar army in S2

They literally saw him and let him go for some reason that wasn't really explained.
>>
File: HodorformatC.jpg (293 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HodorformatC.jpg
293 KB, 1920x1080
Here you go...
>>
>>69921063
Holy fucking shit, that means he's still kind of there?
>>
>>69930793
They realized he was no threat and they wanted the coward to be scared and make everyone else scared.
>>
>>69930825
>d'at blue screen
kek
>>
>>69930825
Thanks, that clears it up
>>
>>69925833
Was the new red priestess implying that the voice that Varys heard in the flames was R'hllor?
>>
File: 1456158334179.png (80 KB, 316x300) Image search: [Google]
1456158334179.png
80 KB, 316x300
>>69923135
>im here for the job interview
but seriously who the fuck does this?
being an actor with the shittest tattoo imaginable on your face of all places severely limits your roles. RIP career now the game of thrones train has reached the station for this fat faggot LUL
>>
>>69929268
>Is she the dumbest bitch ever?

Yes. This has been made clear since the first book was published.
>>
File: 1411622644388.jpg (99 KB, 841x623) Image search: [Google]
1411622644388.jpg
99 KB, 841x623
>>69929761
Fucking sub human foreigners
>>
>>69929761
>hold the door
>halt die tür auf

thats the exact opposite you mong
>>
>>69929584
I don't know about other countries, but in France, since our normies are lazy ass faggots that don't speak engrish, every foreign Tv show is dubbed. It's gonna be a mindfuck for the translator to turn "TIENS LA PORTE" into "HODOR"
>>
>>69928520
She couldn't hold the door and honor can't defend Bran in the future. The real evil is Bran. He literally fucked with hodors head, made him retarded, ruined his life, and killed him. It's dark as fuck what his warning does .
>>
>>69930229
KEK
>>
>>69920771
>>69920823
>>69920875
She said that Varys heard voices from the fire when the cock was thrown into the fire? What did she mean with that?
>>
File: da doooor.png (894 KB, 1616x778) Image search: [Google]
da doooor.png
894 KB, 1616x778
CARMELA CAN YOU PLEASE HOLD THE DOOOOOOOR
>>
>>69932275
Varys himself said once that he heard otherworldy, frightening voice from the fire. Probably Lord of Light or some shit related to him. I wouldn't be suprised if Lord of Light turned out to be a demon of some sort.
>>
ok so bran was in the past part of 3 eyed ravens warg. He hears meera asking him to warg into hodor to help them with the thralls and ww's.

what i do not get from this is can Bran communicate with people in the past, was he warged into hodor in the cave or was that hodor acting by himself, how did hordor hear meera and get that seizure?
>>
>>69932393
Fucking kek
>>
>>69932534
It was a really great idea done really fucking poorly that's why
>>
File: 1463650243443.gif (27 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1463650243443.gif
27 KB, 200x200
>>69928337

FUCKING WOMEN REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>69932534
Maybe, just maybe, we'll learn more as time goes on.
>>
>>69929584

>>69914818
>>
>>69930825
hahahhaha posted to FB :^)
>>
Did this show just trap itself in a time paradox or some sort of odd stable loop?

I'm struggling to think how the whole meaning behind Showdor actually works from a temporal perspective.
>>
File: 1377088212621.jpg (51 KB, 581x593) Image search: [Google]
1377088212621.jpg
51 KB, 581x593
>>69932393
>>
>>69929636
Your link doesn't work anymore.
>>
>>69929742
Nope. Even at the trial everything he said was true in the strictest sense of the word.
>>
>>69918668

Don't watch the show then you fat neckbeard.
>>
File: frodo[1].png (325 KB, 560x559) Image search: [Google]
frodo[1].png
325 KB, 560x559
Why didn't the white walkers just walk over the hill?

They already went halfway over it to drop into the cave from the top, r-right?
>>
>>69918826
Was it really that bad? I haven't read the books and I thought it was okay. I think the main problem is that the iron islands are portrayed as just this big shitty rock with a bunch of davey jones fuckers living on it. That makes everything that takes place on the iron islands shittier.

They could have at least hired more extras though.
>>
>>69933469
wtf I don't know how I missed this maymay, but I'm pretty sure I know this kid's dad
>>
>>69926960
Holy shit, that's why he was freaking out. He knew that it was his time to die and couldn't quite deal with it.
>>
>>69935950
Better question, why didn't they just climb up enough that they could just drop down on the other side of the RING OF FIRE!
>>
>>69930506
He could have. But he had to make Hodor retarded for any of this to be possible.
>>
It's a fucking mind palace, he never wen't to the past, he created a simulation of what the past would have been like using the shared thoughts of the Raven. In his mind palace he warged Hodor, which warged him in real life, the actual Actor was warg'd to act like he was holding a door back from CGI zombies.
>>
>2 minute headstart on an army of zombies

How is Bran going to get away?
>>
>>69917810
>>69917869
I thought that whole last scene was Hodor becoming Wyllis again. His eyes weren't full white like someone getting warged into. There was a flash of white then his eyes turned back to normal. I just assumed he saw a vision of how he died through Bran so when the time came, he regained his non-retard mentality and snapped into action to save Bran and Meera.

What do you think is sadder? Hodor knowing one day he has to sacrifice himself for the good of his magical friends or one of his friends mind controlling him into dying
>>
File: HODOR.png (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
HODOR.png
24 KB, 300x300
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.