[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Without memes, explain why this is a bad thing. >hardmode:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (176 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
176 KB, 1280x720
Without memes, explain why this is a bad thing.

>hardmode: no /pol/
>>
>>69133595
Took one of the greatest comedy movies of all time and turned it into a vessel for terrible female comedians.
>>
>>69133595
Trailer wasn't funny. People are giving way to much of a shit about this movie anyway. The original Ghostbusters is just decent at best and not the holy masterpiece millenials treat it as
>>
>>69133595
No originality. It's literally the same story as the first film, just with everyone's genders swapped.
>>
>>69133595
unnecessary reboot nobody asked for while polluting it with a political/feminist agenda at the same time
the trailer was unfunny and racist
>>
It is a sad and desperate cash grab following the current trend of reviving beloved movies into either a sequel or a completely different reboot that will never catch the magic like the original did.
>>
>>69133595

But /pol/ is always right.

If your post has 'no /pol/' then by default it is wrong.

Therefore I can't tell you the truth because of your 'no /pol/' rule.
>>
It's nothing like the first two or the game.
>>
>>69133595
IT STINKS, AND I DONT LIKE IT
>>
>>69133595
the quality of humor that was displayed in the trailer was poor.
>>
http://fusion.net/story/276398/ghostbusters-trailer-backlash-sexist-comments/
>>
>>69133595

there isn't really anything inherently wrong with a female-led comedy, it's more about the fact that it's an entirely unnecessary reboot of a beloved franchise that probably should have been left alone. The sheer level of unnecessariness is indicative of the fact that it's probably a total cash-grab, something that is potentially ratified through the gender-swap which appears designed from the ground up to win over the SJW and tumblr audience, as opposed to anything meaningful.

Also the trailer wasn't very funny at all
>>
It's a reboot of a very popular franchise that seems poorly done with no regard for the original or understanding of why the original was so good
>>
>>69133595
Honestly?

The blatant feminist propaganda is annoying. Like the fact that they post the staff picture holding "Gurl Powerr" signs is already bad enough. Basically what they did is just saying that this movie only exists to further their movement and has no attention to entertainment whatsoever (which movies are made for), so there.

also the black lady's face is scaring me
>>
It is actually racist, it pretends to be muh diversity and wimyn power but it's ridde with stereotypes, like the black uneducated sistah and the fat clumsy chick
>>
e-celebs and Fagbook told normies to hate it.
>>
Because none of these women are funny and I don't really care about four main characters who are women.
>>
>>69133891
this
>>
>>69133595
I fucking hate niggers and women can't act.

Also, 3/4 of them are jews
>>
>>69133650
>greatest comedy movies of all time
You have poor taste
>>
>>69133595
Not gonna pay $11 to see ugly women act.

If I wanted to see ugly women I would just go pay a visit to OP's mom or gf.
>>
>>69133595
>Trailer comes on in my cinema
>People audibly groan
>Absolutely no one laughs
>>
>>69133595
Most reboots generally suck. This is no exception. It feels uninspired and the only reason it has a defense is because the cast is all women.
>>
name a better cast of currrent comedians to replace them
>>
The only funny thing about it so far is that the action figure of Leslie Jones is packed together with the head of the Ghostbusters-logo ghost which looks like a KKK hood.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 534x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 534x534
>>69133595
Alright, getting this out of the way, I fully and wholeheartedly support women's rights.

That being said, the best thing I can compare it to is Bridesmaids wearing Ghostbusters as a skinsuit, and a poorly made one at that.

The original Ghostbusters, iirc, never tried to paint the team as anything but a bunch of really intelligent schlubs with a penchant for finding ghosts and shit. They were easily distinguishable, and original characters.
>Venkman
A womanizing, yet still well-meaning smart guy with a deadpan sense of humor.
>Egon
A no-nonsense genius with a very thin grasp on social interactions (i.e; Spores, Molds, and Fungus).
>Ray
A lovable autist, with an almost obsessive fascination with the paranormal.
>Zeddemore
An everyday worker, a common man viewing these events as a sort of insert for the audience.

Now, what have we learned from these NEW Ghostbusters trailers?

>Yates (McCarthy)
A comic relief character. Is fat.
>Gilbert (Wiig)
A foil for Yates, and a bit of a klutz.
>Holtzmann (McKinnon)
Probably the most interesting one of the group, a slightly off-kilter mad scientist.
>Patty (Jones)
LOUD AND BLACK.

That's not all that's bothering me about the trailers, but it's my primary bitching point.

Now, we haven't been able to garner much from these trailers, so who knows it could potentially be awesome and have their characters fleshed out more.

But if pic related is any indication, I sincerely doubt it.
>>
>>69133595
It lacks the subtle horror and the humour of the first movie and even the second. Everything is predictable slap stick that has been done time and time again. Then the trailer comes out and it is confusing as shit. 30 years later, 4 scientists blah blah blah. But the movie is a reboot, so that makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>69134880
Hell, even McCarthy was confused at the trailer.
>>
>>69134880
>subtle horror
>>
Dunno ghostbusters was shite anyway
>>
>>69133595
It is not funny. Just like you making this thread every day. As unfunny as fuck.
>>
WE
>>
>>69134986
A pie in the face can be subtle
>>
>>69134455
adam sandler, jack black, ben stiller, chris rock
>>
>>69134455
>Tina Fey
>Amy Poehler

Want a black lady on the movie? You can have
>Wanda Sykes (New Adventures of old Christine)
>Aisha Tyler (Archer)
>>
Just so everyone knows, this Sony marketer was here yesterday and got absolutely bullied.
>>
>>69135287
He said "better"
>>
>>69135363
Wut?
>>
>>69133595
Because its not funny.

/thread.
>>
>>69135462
There was a thread last night with hilariously obvious marketing for this sack of shit.

Everyone jumped on them.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
>>
>>69133595
Unfunny, terrible actresses and a generally unnecessary remake.
>>
>>69135409
haha, got you!
>>
>>69133595
They tacked the Ghostbusters name onto it because nobody would want to see a movie about 4 unfunny people trying to quip for 90 minutes
>>
The truth is, it seems kind of average but its not a movie made for me. Me meaning male, me meaning in my mid-20s.

Its for a new generation and a more diverse audience. Its fucking fine.

THe real problem is: Why not make a new original property instead of Ghostbusters? hollywood is so out of ideas rn
>>
>>69133595
Removed god-tier character interaction chemistry and replaced it with the dumbest collection of unfunny and forced slapstick. Literally 0 chemistry.
>>
>>69135539
Fuck, too bad I missed that
>>
>>69135539

Is it in the archive? LINK ME
>>
>>69133595
>BOOYAH
Emphasis on the boo.

>I DUNNO IF DIS A LADY THING OR A BLACK THING
But I'm mad as hell

>LUL LOOK AT THE GHOST BEWBIES
XD

>You're the best at quantum physics.
Except she writes wrong equations

>THAT SLIME WENT EVERYWHERE
"in every crack!" :P

The only thing that hasn't made me hate this movie is the short promo for Hemsworth. Idk how they managed to make the only man in the movie look like the best character.
>>
>>69134273
No, you.

Ghostbusters is one of the few films that you could call perfect, if not as close to it as possible.
>>
>>69135691
>>69135697
Christ I wish I had a link because the entire thread jumped on them.

They kept on telling everyone not to be offensive and just kept trying to milk us for damage control.
>>
>>69135691
>>69135697
Got you covered senpai.

>>69113560
>>
File: 1438312856373.jpg (120 KB, 650x1085) Image search: [Google]
1438312856373.jpg
120 KB, 650x1085
This is Ghostbusters without the original movie's theme of religion versus science and its dark humor, reduced to the overused comedy of the early 00s and social commentary that nobody wants to see in their Ghostbusters movie.
The humor is a cookie cutter mixture of clichéd gross out comedy such as toilet humor and sexual topics aiming to shock you and cheap laughs and ethnic jokes.
This topped with easy-to-get overdone references in a very family-friendly light humor package.
It's all very predictable as well, where the original Ghostbusters movie really surprised me with their witty and thought out quotable jokes, this movie relies heavily on McCarthy.
She's just playing off her antics and the rest of the cast is there to set it up, which isn't something you want in a movie.
Especially if that someone relies heavily on outdated physical comedy, yet the movie seems to be using this premise over and over again.

If this is not enough the characters are paper thin quirky stereotypes we've already seen a million times before as well, the new actors just don't take the characters or make them their own.
This makes the characters become even more of a stereotype, despite the originals having been released more than 30 years ago and Paul Feig obviously trying do something else.
Winston's female version has been reduced to a streetsmart loudmouthed black stereotype, Chris Hemsworth's character is a genderswapped fanservice ditzy secretary but without the actual voice of reason that the original secretary used to be with added boobjokes to push the social commentary.

(1/2)
>>
>>69135806

Thanks pham
>>
File: 1457532752581.png (2 MB, 1440x1426) Image search: [Google]
1457532752581.png
2 MB, 1440x1426
>>69135862
The movie also relies heavily on the older movies and the nostalgia you feel for those movies while trying to retool it for the modern age but it simply fails to deliver any originality.
They recreate the same scenes, the same outfits, the same music, the only difference is that they've picked women and changed the style, it's like Ghostbusters 2 but worse but with better CGI.

This all together makes swapping the male cast for a female one feels like a lazy, gimmicky and mostly transparent decision only 80's cartoons and comic book writers would do.
Actually, comic writers did make an allmost all-female cast in a 2013 comic which featured a grouping of 3 female characters and a male one which worked really well.
They worked together as a group and all stood their own after the disappearance of the original group, a lot of people loved it and didn't mind that they were mostly women.
These comics had a lot of respect for the source material, which this movie doesn't, it's trying to trick people by trying to sell this product using nostalgic scenes from the original.

(2/2)
>>
>>69133595
unnecessary remake
>>
>>69135806
Thanks anon-kun
>>
It's not funny
It panders to the SJW feminist group, just having one or two female ghostbusters with two males being trained by the originals would have been much better, and a much better example of equality.
>>
>>69135302
I actually would enjoy Tina Fey as a Ghostbuster. At least she can be funny.
>>
typical women shit.

>take a male thing
>try to turn it into female thing and claim it as own
>fail at doing so
>mens fault

lets not forget all those meeting and shit the actors went to about feminism and shit.
>>
File: 13.png (167 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
13.png
167 KB, 500x625
>>69135992
Aubrey Plaza would be great in this movie as well, her resting bitchface and her kind of annoyed-to-be-there acting would totally fit Ghostbusters.
>>
>>69133595
Zero reason to exist.
>>
>>69133595
I don't care. I didn't care for the original ones either, most people did not and still don't. This faux outrage over this non-issue is retarded. Ghostbusters wasn't even the best movie of its kind during the 80s. It became one of the most 80s thing to some people for some godforsaken reason though
>>
>>69136062

I think I could get behind that.
>>
the did a movie when they should have made a political pamphlet
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.