[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Is this any good?
>>
7.5/10
>>
>>68622365
6/10
>>
>>68622379
Easily bottom tier Coen
>>
I'd say median tier Coen so about 9/10
>>
I really liked it. I see it as a smart slice of life comedy movie about hollywood bigwigs.

We need more movies with humour like this, not adam sandler shlock
>>
>>68622365
I thought it was great. A real love letter to the golden age of hollywood and making movies.
>>
8.5/10. You need to be able to enjoy random plot detours tho.
>>
Set design, costume and acting were all great, the performance numbers were really impressive, and there's plenty of that odd comedy that the Cohen's pull off with the little details. The only negative is that I went in thinking the film would be completely different to what it was plot-wise, which sort of dampened the film for me on first watch, but more thought to it made me appreciate the film a whole lot more.
>>
>A movie about the dangers of communism in Hollywood
>Made by two Jews

Why are the Coens so based?
>>
>that cast
smells oscar bait
>>
>>68622365
>>68621024
>>
It's a bunch of good scenes that aren't logically connected to one another then the story just sort of ends
>>
Disappointing but not totally awful
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.