[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched this, objectively 8/10 film and 10/10 comic book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: batman-v-superman.png (806 KB, 970x645) Image search: [Google]
batman-v-superman.png
806 KB, 970x645
Just watched this, objectively 8/10 film and 10/10 comic book film.

The cinematography was god tier. Genuinely the best I've ever seen in a film about superheroes. I would have never expect such magnificent shots from a film called "Batman V Superman".

I just refuse to believe people think this sucked.
I can see why they would complain about the length but how, HOW did this score less than 50% on RT?

That's it. Faith in humanity status: gone.

People are idiots, people are plebs. They don't deserve the gifts from the heavens that were Chris Terrio, Larry Fong and Zack Snyder.

And it's bombing. That's the most hilarious (sarcastic) part.

Which means other potential masterpieces may be canceled because people are idiots.

Fuck this world. Sincerely, fuck it.

>inb4 DCuck
>>
>>68109590
I'm with you. This has become my favorite comic book movie of all time, and retroactively elevated MoS in my esteem as well.
>>
>>68109590
CapeKINO is lost on the masses, broski. Welcome to the island of the englightened.
>>
File: 1459824970378.jpg (34 KB, 416x725) Image search: [Google]
1459824970378.jpg
34 KB, 416x725
>>68109590
It was shit
>>
Completely fucking agree. This was a film for mature audiences. Incredibly deep philosophically, questioning the motivation of all ending power and our role in the universe.

Didnt have enough quips for the mainstream redditors though.
>>
>>68109590
I'm curious. Has Simon Pegg chimed in on it one way or the other?

MoS and BvS are pretty much the polar opposite of what he was talking about in his famous quote.
>>
>>68109590
>>
>>68109590
>>68109675
>>68109704
It got so much hate. And it was so good too. Maybe this is the twilight zone, lads. No seriously,nothing makes sense anymore. The force awakens was shit and everyone liked that. Hey, if the force awakens was a fantasy movie and there wasn't any star wars then I would have loved that movie. Much like if star trek into darkness was the only star trek thing ever post the original movie of '09 I probably would have liked it more. But the Force Awakens and Into darkness were both shitty movies and yet, The Dawn of Justice is branded as the worse hero movie of them all?

Something is wrong with this picture.
>>
>>68109724
Iron man 2 and 3 and age of ultron was shit.
>>
File: 1458269270614.jpg (16 KB, 358x511) Image search: [Google]
1458269270614.jpg
16 KB, 358x511
>>68109920
>Iron Man 2
>shit
>>
File: image.jpg (321 KB, 1395x1220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
321 KB, 1395x1220
>>68109842
>Cuts out the audience score
Typical Mahvel shit stirer
>>
>>68109590
what is your major malfunction?
>>
>>68109881
>Something is wrong with this picture.

Very much so. I honestly believe that people, critics included, were so preconditioned in their expectations of a "cape" movie, that they went in not expecting anything more than the most superficial form of entertainment.

Don't get me wrong. I've enjoyed the vast majority of comic book movies that have come out in the past decade or so, but as a fan of the material, I don't for one moment pretend that cinematic adaptations delve into the underlying themes of the comics themselves.

This film did, and it even went beyond that and is giving us a gradual evolution of Superman instead of some neatly pre-packaged epiphany of heroism. He's changing and growing over the course of the two films, and we got the beginning of the Batman's redemption arc as a bonus.
>>
>>68110075
>Audience score
>meaning anything when fanboys can bloat it

dumb DCuck
>>
>>68109704
Are you euphoric in this moment?
>>
>>68109881
>>68110131
Are you me?
>>
>>68109590
>I can see why they would complain about the length
This is literally the one thing I don't get. It's two and a half hours, that's fucking short. I expected a film called "Batman vs. Superman" to be long as fuck.
>>
>>68110131
The problem is that marvel films have tought the audiences not to think when they go to the theater. The media has oversaturated the mainstream audience with praise for the films that they go into it thinking its gonna be great and when it isnt they do mental gymnastics to justify it being good in their head so they fit in to mainstream pop culture. This has become the norm ever since nerd culture because fashionable.

With BvS we got a challenging superhero film. One that questioned our role in the universe and the very idea of power in society. What does it mean to have never ending power? Can someone be good with neverending power? Etc. This goes over most of the mainstream audiences head as they just sant dumbed down entertainment instead of art.
>>
>>68109590
>Faith in humanity status: gone.

>>>/r/eddit
>>>9gag
>>
File: 1459611758337.png (169 KB, 1205x1285) Image search: [Google]
1459611758337.png
169 KB, 1205x1285
>>
File: Lex-Luthor-halo.jpg (43 KB, 800x333) Image search: [Google]
Lex-Luthor-halo.jpg
43 KB, 800x333
>>68110241
I'm a guy that's been to see it four times, and I catch something new every time. I'm sure you've heard some of the talk about how the religious imagery isn't Snyder hammering us over the head with "Superman = God," but is rather there to tell us that the people in the film see him as such, very much against Clark's own wishes. Here's my most recent catch:

Here's Lex getting honored for his philanthropy and making a big contribution to the Metropolis Public Library, In the right circumstances and in the right crowd, even Lex is viewed as an "angel."
>>
>>68109590
>Just watched this
No you didn't, you make this fucking thread every day.
You're a piece of shit with OCD, improve the board and kill yourself.
>>
>>68110075

Let's stop with this Marvel vs DC bullshit, shall we?

This isn't about that. I don't give a shit about this console-war tier bullshit.

This is about grown men and women that can't think for themselves and praise liquid shit like Deadpool while shitting on a masterpiece like BvS.
>>
File: 7865.jpg (8 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
7865.jpg
8 KB, 268x188
>>68110476
>masterpiece like BvS
>>
>>68110418
>cinematography 101 techniques

WOW SUCH DEPTH AND LAYERS
>>
>>68109590

I'm with you with a big BUT

The pacing was way off as fuck. It's obvious that it's due to the WB suits who were retarded enough to force Snyder to cut his movie down. Even I as a person who usually never complains about pacing was baffled by the clusterfuck that was going on. still a solid 7/10 in my eyes. I'm sure the Ultimate/Director's Cut could elevate this to a 8-9/10 easily

But hell, what do I know, my favourite capeshit movies apart from TDK and Spider-Man 2 are Iron-Man 1, Winter Soldier, Watchmen and Man of Steel
>>
>>68110504
It is. Its a legit masterpiece. The fact that you and the quips only mainstream audience dont recognize this is why the artform is dying.
>>
>>68110476
I enjoyed Deadpool for what it was. I enjoyed MoS and BvS for what they are, and they're so far removed from each other that they can only reasonably be compared in the same sense that pork rinds and filet mignon are both foods.
>>
>>68109590
Don't forget Goyer
>>
>>68109590
You post this garbage every fucking day

Fuck off already nobody cares about your stupid children movie
>>
I liked it. Please explain to me what about it is received poorly.
>>
>>68109881

so much this

I don't even know what the fuck is happening. even thoug BvS had serious flaws, there is no reason for people not to complain at least about TFA (I totally understand that retarded masses aren't able to understand why Age of Ultron is shit). TFA literally got 90% scores all over the place although it's a weak-ass movie with important story elements being left out all over the place and characters being stupid as hell and STILL making it out alive
>>
>>68110418
Lex Luthor's speech about God was absolutely top tier writing. Even if they completely missed the character and his motivations from the comics (I gotta assume they did so intentionally), they did create a perfectly understandable and brilliantly written villain with his own complexity and motivations.
>God is tribal, God takes sides! If God is all-powerful He can not be good, if God is good He can not be all-powerful!
>>
File: image..png (150 KB, 449x329) Image search: [Google]
image..png
150 KB, 449x329
>>
>>68110540
>But hell, what do I know, my favourite capeshit movies apart from TDK and Spider-Man 2 are Iron-Man 1, Winter Soldier, Watchmen and Man of Steel

Holy shit. That's my list, too.
>>
>>68109590
It had some problems, but I agree. It was pretty stunning at times, and Buttfleck did one hell of a job.

The tone and emotions were pretty interesting as well, and made it so much more than a Marvel meme-fest. I wish more capeshit would be made like this.
>>
>>68110524

oh just fuck off. not even the guy you quoted but I hate faggots like you who rather shitpost instead of pointing to movies who did it better
>>
>>68110540
>The pacing was way off as fuck
Only in the first half.
>>
>>68110587
you are just too dumb to understand
>>
>>68110318

The thing is that when the general audience think "super hero movies" they think of fun and mindless entertainment. They're the modern equivalent of the 90's comical action movies. They want to see charming protagonists, funny quips, sanitized violence and situation humor.

They don't want to see a recreation of 9/11 in all its horror or the hero to feel horrible for being forced to kill the villain like in MoS.
They don't want to a villain bombing the Capitol with the hero helpless to stop it or to see the heroes trying to kill each other because of the villain like in BvS.

They don't want to see uncomfortable shit. Specially when it comes to super heroes where you're supposed to be able to bring your kids with you.
>>
>>68110645

my fucking nigger
>>
File: 346346.jpg (181 KB, 948x401) Image search: [Google]
346346.jpg
181 KB, 948x401
>>68109590
>HOW did this score less than 50% on RT?

I was going to say the rating is at 5.2/10 but just checked and it dropped to 4.9/10
>>
>This is /tv/ in 2016
Jesus fucking Christ
>>
File: 1459611952601.jpg (23 KB, 604x311) Image search: [Google]
1459611952601.jpg
23 KB, 604x311
>make a superhero movie
>don't put any heroes in it
Bravo Snyder
>>
>>68110660

that's what I actually meant. no point in mentioning it in every thread because there's always some asshole who thinks that applies to the second half too

man, I have never been hyped for a director's cut before but this has me longing for one like a goddamn child
>>
>>68110540
Patrician list at the end there anon
>>
>>68110318
I like this post, yeah, its like the critics have decided what is good and people who were ready to like BvS were shocked into hating it. Its like that story Marc Andreco told on Movie Fights where he met this guy and he said "wait, how could you like that movie, that is terrible" and he asked, oh did you see it and he was like "no". People were told what to believe and many just stayed away because they heard it was bad.

Its really scary what the media is doing, people seem more impressionable then ever, like 20 years ago, people would just shrug if they heard a movie like Twister got 18% on Tomatometer they'd just see it for the cool tornado scenes and shit anyway.

People are scary impressionable now.

Like Trump was always kinda disliked but the media has had a non stop shitting contest on his face the entire year and now people have finally given up and he has some ridiculous 80% dislike rating.

People who are trolling his events are doing so "for something" because they believe he is racist. Especially black people, they somehow listened to the media and just are assuming with zero proof he is racist towards them which is just untrue. Basically every person who hates Trump is just going off some third person shit they heard in the media or maybe a scene of someone getting punched.

People will eventually believe anything the media tells them. Its really scary what 2016 taught me, people just sheep it up whatever the news or critics say.
>>
>>68110653
>pointing to movies who did it better
That's not discussion.

The film is a hodge podge of half-formed ideas and psuedo intellectual concepts that never once get explored. You can enjoy the movie for what it was (an attempt at making an event movie with an edge and darkness to it that can be marketed as "adult") but don't insult filmmaking and filmmakers by acting like this was some exceptional work.
>>
>>68110131
>>68110241
>>68110318
Batman V Superman felt a lot like watching The ghost in the shell movies; when watching them you have to literally put your thinking cap on and I think that's probably why Ghost in the shell hasn't been as big in the west as it is in Japan.
the Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions are incredibly deep but everyone continues to bitch as to how Neo didn't do as Morpheus prophiseid the one was going to do once he was found.
And yet, glaringly, everyone seems to ignore some key things Morpheus said among these, That the Oracle sometimes tells you exactly what you want to hear.
Like how she played on Morpheus hatred for the machines and the matrix by telling him the one would end machine Tyranny. And even further, Morpheus said that, MOST PEOPLE WOULD PREFER THE MATRIX over the real world and would, if they knew about the real world, would die to protect the lie of the matrix. MOST PEOPLE, That's, most of the 6.5 billion people who lived in the matrix. Only 1% ever rejected the lie of the matrix or, 6.5 million people. And even that amount would most definitely overwhelm Zion's resources that housed no more than 250 thousand humans. Exactly where would they put, 6.5 billion people.
The Architect said to Neo of how the process altered his consciousness yet he remained irrevocably, human. Neo was always wireless, he simply never had an protocol access codes, which was given to him when he accessed the door of light and was able to wirelessly reach the source and speak with the Architect.
Another theory was that NEO always had the access codes but could not access the file within himself to get to it. Much like you have the extras and hidden bits in a video game but can never get to it unless you complete certain perquisites. so the idea is the means to balance the equation along with other abilities, namely the hack ability Smith gained said that Neo could have overwrote other programs if he so wished to do so. DEEP!
>>
File: where did time go.jpg (27 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
where did time go.jpg
27 KB, 550x366
>>68110732
>20 years ago
>a movie like Twister
I had to check
Jesus where did the time go...
>>
File: must be just.jpg (31 KB, 246x341) Image search: [Google]
must be just.jpg
31 KB, 246x341
>>
>>68110732
You're real fuckin' into this whole trolling thing, senpai.
>>
File: autism_levels.jpg (46 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
autism_levels.jpg
46 KB, 514x536
>>68110812
>the Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions are incredibly deep but everyone continues to bitch as to how Neo didn't do as Morpheus prophiseid the one was going to do once he was found.

I refuse to belive that this is not trolling
>>
>>68110666

>Specially when it comes to super heroes where you're supposed to be able to bring your kids with you.

devil's trips of truth. people are too stupid nowadays, just look at the internet

>facebook
>twitter
>tinder, tumblr, reddit, whateverthefuck

I only use facebook and literally under every video and post you read, people behave like retarded children who can't think for themselves anymore. it's very understandable that masses only want to watch stupid shit on the big screen

I actually read a really interesting, if somewhat paranoid post by an anon on /tv/ a few days ago. he basically talked about how modern movies are there to "infantilise" today's audiences by giving them only easy-to-handle storylines as well as explosions, cgi, etc.. I actually couldn't agree any more when I see how actual good and complex movies are treated (bad box-office totals) in comparison to dumb-as-shit movies (not all but most MCU movies, Transformers, new Star Wars trilogy)
pacing issues aside, BvS beats most of these movies even though plebs are too dumb to see it
>>
>>68110615
What's even better is if you view Lex's speech as him masterfully playing the angle that he thinks will scare Clark the most, and I very much believe that's exactly what it was and that he didn't believe a word of what he was saying.

Check this out:

"Remember what I said about Lex's propensity for manipulation and lying? It's on full display here, as practically nothing beyond the bare skeleton of what he says to Clark is the truth. He's saying exactly what he thinks will best convince Clark that he's a dangerous lunatic whose sole motivation for wanting him to kill Bruce is to prove that "God chooses sides." He even throws in the whole abused child angle to further convince Clark that he's dealing with a dangerously unbalanced individual. He is, mind you, but Lex's madness is of an entirely different sort than what he play-acts for Clark.

He calls Martha a witch, shows Clark pictures of her with "witch" written on her forehead, and tells Clark that she'll receive "death by fire" as witches have throughout history. This is all subtle manipulation and misdirection on Lex's part. We saw earlier with Granny's Peach Tea that Lex absolutely loves his victims to know it was him that was the author of their doom, and Martha's(and Lois's) manner of execution would have had the same effect on Clark, if not for Lex's one catastrophic, if understandable, miscalculation."

>>68085583
>>
>>68110666
Exactly. And its a major problem in society. Its actually part of the reason why education and the American male and American female are dying off. People want dull mindless entertainment that doesnt challenge the individual.

Id much rather take my kid to a film where the hero is put into terrible situations or takes a besting day in and day out and still finds a way to persevere. It shows that life is hard not easy and comfortable and embed that lesson in early.

This is why BvS is superior to Marvel films in every aspect. It challenges the viewer to think deeper.
>>
>>68110524
NO worries anon, there's brain dead movies on the way for people like you, there's rogue one, and civil war and the force awakens eight rey punks snoke and the darkside.

>>68110612
I've read so many blurbs of Rey probably learning something so major at 4 that years later she some how was able to trump an active force user, that it's a bright sign of how shitty the character was. Although finn wasn't properly fleshed out he was a more believable character than Rey was.
>>
>>68110855
Try me anon, ask away. You see, Marvel and Disney loves it when you're dumb consumerist, it just makes their job of selling you b.s., easier.
>>
>>68110771

when it comes to capeshit, snyder did better work at film making than 90% of other capeshit directors. I'm not saying he's a film making genius but he's almost unrivaled in that area
>>
Oh the samefag pastasquad has arrived

Every single day
>>
>>68109590
I've said it in other threads and I'll say it here. Everything about this being an in depth examination of superheroes existing in the real world is surface deep. Gotham and Metropolis will both magically be repaired thanks to Bruce Wayne's infinite resources only to get re-destroyed in the Justice League movie's big, noisy CGI battle.

This movie soared when it acted like a comic book movie and sank like a rock when it tried to also be gritty and realistic.
>>
>>68110886
Link to that post? Because i believe the premise. Some of the first stages of thought control are to create an almost infantile populace that cant think for themselves.
>>
>>68110886

The biggest example is when you look at the box office of all the non-action blockbuster movies. People simple don't go to see them. Even the "Oscar-bait" movies nowadays generate no profit at all.

Pretty much all the studios have turn to the blockbuster-model nowadays because there's no other way to turn profit anymore. People only want to see sanitized action and jokes.
>>
The mental gymnastics people put themselves through to convince each other BvS is anything but dog shit is hilarious.

Your capeshit isn't deep, it's pretentious.
>>
>>68110932
>NO worries anon, there's brain dead movies on the way for people like you, there's rogue one, and civil war and the force awakens eight rey punks snoke and the darkside.

Thanks for the assumption about my film tastes. I'll go watch Embrace the Serpent and Green Room and support actual independent filmmaking while you jack off about your 250 million dollar "art movie" and spew shit about how everyone is a sheep while you do the same thing.
>>
>>68110812
>Batman V Superman felt a lot like watching The ghost in the shell movies; when watching them you have to literally put your thinking cap on
Are you fucking 15?
>>
File: 1378912975478.jpg (34 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1378912975478.jpg
34 KB, 960x960
>>68110995
>>68110980
>>
File: 1426372990890.jpg (69 KB, 525x540) Image search: [Google]
1426372990890.jpg
69 KB, 525x540
Uh oh the daily mental gymnastics thread
>>
>>68110932

>Although finn wasn't properly fleshed out he was a more believable character than Rey was.

I think the simplicity of Finn's character made him better than Rey. at this point, I blame literally everything on the suits of Disney, WB, etc. since I'm sure J.J. had some great ideas on how to handle Rey's character and the movie in general. Instead, they probably made him to make ANH 2.0. FUCK that, why can't directors just make movies without companies interrupting them?!
>>
>>68110969
>Everyone who hates BvS likes Marvel movies
>The Matrix and GITS are deep
This is congnitive dissonance at its finest.
>>
>>68111045
>mental gymnastics
cool new buzzword, how many times are you going to use it?
>>
this movie is kino

it's an acquired taste.
>>
>>68110970
He didn't. He can make a pretty picture (thanks more to Larry Fong), but he can't tell a story or even follow the very themes he sets out to explore. Ever wonder why so many people come out of this film unhappy and bored? There's nothing to follow. One moment you're being thrown through some bizarre action sequence that exists solely for the choreography and the next your being force fed plot exposition all the while the director forgot the critical part of including character moments that are so critical in films like these that without them they are empty shells that hinge solely on wow factor and the film even fails at that.
>>
>>68111084
It's a pretty common phrase anon. Your vocabulary might expand a bit when you get past puberty, don't worry
>>
>>68111023

>>68110980 here. How is anything I expressed bait? The movie was at its best when it dropped the angsty shit and gave us iconic comic book imagery. Seeing Bruce, Diana and Supes standing together was fucking badass. Give me more of that next time please.
>>
>>68110983

no link obviously since it was days ago, I didn't really leave out any important aspects of what he said

>Some of the first stages of thought control are to create an almost infantile populace that cant think for themselves.

true that. wherever I look on the internet, there are only stupid people. even on this board, discussing any movie is disturbed by retards who don't understand simple storylines. hell, I consider myself a semi-pleb but how people are able to NOT understand capeshit movies..... fuck. people are turning to apes while Disney is laughing at the monkeys paying for every single one of their movies
>>
>>68111133

Watch Marvel shit if you only want fights and giggles.

There's more than that in the DCEU.
>>
>>68111158
The fact that you watch capeshit and call yourself intelligent is fucking hilarious
>>
>>68110607
Godawful editing. The laptop scene. Dream sequences solely to set up future movies. Poor characterisation of two huge American figures. An ending that is not ambiguous but tries to be.
>>
>>68111004
>250 million dollar art

Fantasy cost money anon. it's not like they could wave a wand and recreate complexity with the very same ease artist and novelist does.

Fantasy in art and as novellas are easy but bringing these GLORIES of imagination to life, is incredibly hard and rediculously expensive.

So go back to your character pieces of two people sitting on stools talking at a bar and because it had a shoe string budget you're of the mind that it's some how DEEPER so that you now think of yourself as some art film connoisseur---In fact, why don't you start a thread for one of those 'art' house things of yours because this is obviously not your cup of tea.
>>
>>68111177
>Watching any capeshit at all
If you actually wanted a challenging film you wouldn't be watching BvS
>>
>>68111177
>There's more than that in the DCEU
I can do without jars of piss and Jared Leto's rank cunt.
>>
>>68111122

unfortunately you're right although I really did like Cloverfield and the first Nu Star Trek
>>
>>68111177
No, fuck that. It's the same shit. They'll handwave any questions about how these cities get repaired so quickly thanks to Bruce just like Marvel does with Tony. I can almost guarantee that it won't even be brought up as an issue in Justice League.
>>
>>68111158
Completely agree. The new SW movie is the perfect example of this. The fact that people went back to see a mediocre movie 4 or 5 times proves this
>>
File: 02.png (1 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
02.png
1 MB, 1920x800
>>68111228

>Poor characterisation of two huge American figures
>>
>>68111248
>jars of piss
oh boy, you're really running out of arguments to hate on this film, aren't you?
>>
>>68111281
>defending piss jars
A new low.
>>
>>68110974
It never ends man. When will these cucks just accept Snyder fucked up?
>>
>>68111251

>They'll handwave any questions about how these cities get repaired so quickly thanks to Bruce just like Marvel does with Tony.

They didn't in BvS.
>>
>>68111196

>implying I only watch capeshit

nice try moron. I like how you're projecting you watching only one genre on others. watching capeshit on occasion is nice for a change, the part that I find annoying is stupid people actually not understanding capeshit even if it's dull as fuck for the most part
>>
>>68111228
>Poor characterisation of two huge American figures
You're a complete fucking moron.
>>
>>68111235
It actually doesn't cost that much. The majority of that budget is marketing and overpaying actors. If you cared about Fantasy you'd find good fantasy, not flounder to pull good things out of your ass about a movie who's sole existence was to create a decade-long franchise of toy commercials. You can like what you like; just don't pretend like somehow you're better than the "sheeple" you hate since you're supporting the very same thing they are.
>>
>>68111314
Yes but only because it was integral to explaining why Batman and Superman wanted to bash each other around before inevitably teaming up to stop the big bad guy. The titular fight was a huge letdown by the way. Predictably, neither of them got all that hurt and there was zero bloodshed.
>>
>>68110666
Glad we are getting some discussion in without shitposting.

>They don't want to see a recreation of 9/11

The first 20 minutes where Bruce drives through Metropolis and looks up toward Superman and Zod fighting was some of the greates emotion I felt in the cinema since a long time. If anybody shits on that, you know they are just baiting.
>>
You can like BvS. There's no problem with that. You do you.

But the movie is, fundamentally, broken and poorly written.

For example, Lex Luthor is such a huge part of the movie as a whole, but what does he actually do? And on top of that, what is his ultimate goal?
>>
>>68111415
This.
>>
>>68111328
lol

Batman murders without a thought, with little explanation given, plus Superman seems to view saving people as a burden when he's meant to be the perfect American, saving people and always trying no matter what.

Pretty sure that's poor characterisation of these huge icons in pop culture.
>>
>>68111388

>neither of them got all that hurt and there was zero bloodshed.

If there had been blood it would be R-Rated.
>>
>>68111228
You do realize that Dawn of Justice is just the first part of multiple movies right. Its like the Lord of the Rings where its regarded as 3 volumes for one film. MoS is the first volume followed by DoJ.

Everything you listed as being bad is perfect and nessessary for the overall DC film.
>>
This thread is hilarious. With so many accomplished film analysts you'd think there'd be more advanced/developed film discussion on this board. Why don't any of you guys discuss Godard, Bresson, Fellini, Antonioni, Brahkage etc? He'll, maybe even some Tarkovsky. I can only assume you've heard of these directors and seen their films, considering you all claim to love and fully understand intelligent film making.
>>
>>68111421
>>68085583
>>
>>68109590
Juste came from the theater
Best capeshit I've seen so far, it wipes the floor with everything marvel did
Fucking reviews they suck dicks this movie is 4chan tier Marvel are reddit tier
8/10 movie
>>
>>68111060
Rey was Disney pandering to women groups and feminist and she also served as J.J.'s self insert. Should have hired Stephen Spielberg to direct and the guy from Mission Impossible 4 to rewrite one of George's treatise for the sequels.

>>68111082

>Everyone who hates BvS likes Marvel movies

Not always, just mostly.

>The Matrix and GITS are deep

Oh you're oblivious to the truthfulness of this I see, well color me surprised.
>>
There is nothing wrong with liking BvS

I mean I love Troll 2 for example
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1746x4245) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1746x4245
I agree, this movie didn't deserve the hate that it got.
>>
>>68111494
Name some other films you consider deep/intelligent.
>>
I love to log onto 4chan dot org slash tv and read all the hot contrarian opinions of the day.
>>
>>68111415

>The first 20 minutes where Bruce drives through Metropolis and looks up toward Superman and Zod fighting was some of the greates emotion I felt in the cinema since a long time

even though it's a comicbook movie, I agree. not many movies are able to pull that off although I think the music plays a huge part in that. I still remember actually shedding a tear to the scene in Man of Steel where Clark sits in the closet in his school and Martha talking to him. It was just heartwarming, seeing a mother soothing her child. fuck, I can't remember any other capeshit movie from the past decade doing something like that
>>
>>68109804
It was good, but you need to chill the fuck out.
If you are legit, you are shaming the people who really liked it.
>>
>>68111439

>Batman murders without a thought, with little explanation given

It was explained. It's the only live action Batman where the fact that he kills is a plot point. Tim Burton's Batman killed without explanation. Joel Schumacher's Batman killed without explanation. Christopher Nolan's Batman killed without explanation.

>plus Superman seems to view saving people as a burden when he's meant to be the perfect American, saving people and always trying no matter what.

He was troubled by the people's adulation.
>>
>>68111443
Which is why at its core it really isn't that different from Marvel's output. We all knew they were going to team up after beating each other up a bit because that's what always happens in crossover superhero stories and then they go fight the big CGI bad guy.
>>
>>68111452
The Fellowship of the Ring actually works on its own. It's part of an overflowing story but it has a logical sequence of events, a good script, and didn't overly rely on special effects.

Pretty much the opposite case with BvS. This whole universe building shit detracts from a good movie. When you're more concerned with creating an overarching story over a series of film, the standalone pieces aren't going to work.
>>
>>68111439
>with little explanation given
do they also need to tell you how to wipe your ass? it was implied throughout the entire film that he murders people because he lost faith in his one rule
>20 years in Gotham, how many good guys are left? How many stayed that way?

You people are hilarious. 30 seconds of dialogue and you go "BWAAAAAA TOO MUCH EXPOSITION!!!1". When they let you guess something that is pretty obvious and heavily implied in many scenes you go "BWAAAAA NO EXPLANATION GIVEN!!!!!11"

Kill yourself. Oh, not literally, just figuratively.
You know, just in case.
>>
>>68111463
I actually do pretty regularly. All the threads i make get buried by cape threads and SW threads.
>>
>>68111452
>Mos is the first
>Doj is the first
Make up your mind
>>
>>68111463
Because these people watch nothing but capeshit and zack snyder's tripe
>>
>>68111494
>The Matrix / GiTS
>Deep
Oh shit son...
>>
>>68111570
Oh, cool. Any director/film in particular?
>>
Did anyone else find those two throwaway lines about how the downtown area was mostly empty and how the island they were on was uninhabited glaring and hilarious?
>>
>>68111494

>Rey was Disney pandering to women groups and feminist and she also served as J.J.'s self insert

that in itself is literally NO problem at all though. the REAL problem is that people in the industry know nothing about how a proper female character is supposed to be written.

they focus on
>MUH POWER
>MUH "FUCK MEN!!!!!!!"
>MUH INDEPENDENCE

while ignoring
>proper integration of the character into the whole storyline
>proper flow with other characters
>proper handling of flaws the character has

the only two female characters I remember who are fun to watch because they are no mary sues and definitely not retarded are veronica mars and that main chick from the constantine show. every other female behaves like an ape, shouting "I DON'T NEED MEN"
>>
>>68111537
The mainstream audience deserves to be shamed. Their killing film as a medium and turning it into corporate filled trash and walking advertisements.
>>
>>68111570
I feel you, anon. There's only so many times you can attempt to make a legitimate thread that gets maybe 8 replies before just giving in and going along with the shitposting.
>>
>>68111465
THat doesn't answer the question.
I'm not asking about who he is as a person, about his beliefs and motivations, I'm asking about his actual and literal role in the movie. If you took him out, what would you be missing?

And the answer is, ultimately, nothing. He does nothing
>But he brings Superman and Batman together to fight!
No, Batman does that on his own with his stupid dream.
>He creates Doomsday!
Granted, but by that point in the movie, the main thrust of the finale is over. The entire Doomsday sequence is pointless fireworks.
He's the character that takes up the most screentime by himself, but his actual role in the movie is minimal. That's bad scriptwriting.
>>
BvS was a good movie but a bad capeshit. Compared to the family friendly flicks Marvel pumps out once a year.
>>
>>68111542
I get the idea is where meant to see and older worn out Bruce Wayne, but that is barely touched on. All we see is "oh he's brutal now, robin died, better kill some folks". A fuckinf code this guy is meant to have had over 15 years just goes out the window cause Robin died. That's barely touched on and it's a key part of the Batman character if you will. It tries to market itself as being the proper comic version of Batman, but it feels more like an Elseworld story.

The killing in the other Batman films are problems I have with them as well.

>He was troubled by the people's adulation.

She shouldn't have a problem with this. In fact I don't think he was being praised at all, it was very mixed. Which also makes the "Death of Superman" part chucked in here absolutely pointless and impact less.
>>
>>68111669
>their
LRN 2 INGLESH
>turning it into
Is it the 20th Century again?
>>
>>68111669

>Their killing film as a medium and turning it into corporate filled trash and walking advertisements.

the sad part is that this is actually true.
fuck, I'd like to see the correlation and causation of the quality of a movie and number of camera shot lengths. it seems like modern movies are so fast paced that actually giving a proper story is impossible
>>
File: cf_dafuq.gif (2 MB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
cf_dafuq.gif
2 MB, 250x187
>>68109590

Fucking shit. Another round of

>> Le Man of Steel was good meme

But now they are going to do the "it was good meme" for BvS for years to come.
>>
>>68111553
I loved the LotR trilogy, but saying it stands on its own without being part of a longer narrative is intellectually dishonest. Also, there are multiple elements present in it that are never explained and only someone deeply familiar with the source material would understand. The most notable example is Galadriel gifting Sam with the Light of Elendil. We're never told where it came from, what its real significance is, and why a glorified glowstick is sufficient to ward off a giant spider other than us making the assumption "it's magic."
>>
>>68111669
No, you need to be shamed, because instead of actually taking genuine interest into the actual art and process of true filmmaking, you're taking one pile of trash and claiming it to be art while telling others that the piles of trash they like is killing filmmaking. On behalf of real people that give an actual shit about the real aspect of filmmaking that's starting to go away because of trash like this, fuck you.
>>
>>68111744

why even mention batman killing in this movie? that can easily be done in his solo movies
>>
>>68111553
DoJ isnt Fellowship though. It's The Two Towers. MoS is the Fellowship of the Ring. It holds up on its own and sets up future films. DoJ answers the questions of MoS on a deeper level and asds more complexities to the film. Eventually it will take on a life of its own and all the DC movies will be one freeflowing film.
>>
>>68111717
It was a weird juxtaposition. On one hand, they were trying to make Superman realistic while on the other hand gave us a very comic booky Batman with a cowl that can withstand point blank handgun fire and a cape that is explosion proof(?)
>>
>Just watched this

No you didn't you fucking retard

You post this garbage every SINGLE FUCKING day

Why the fuck are you so insecure ?

You really need this place to justify your love for this fucking movie ?

Fucking capeshit niggers should be dragged to the streets and shot
>>
>>68109920
Plebe or retarted?
>>
>>68110732
>Basically every person who hates Trump is just going off some third person shit they heard in the media or maybe a scene of someone getting punched.

fucking this, my sister(who is a european history PhD candidate) told me she "read an article" about how Trump awoke the silent majority and they should've never been awoken to begin with and how he constantly spews hate speech.

I asked her whats so about about the silent majority being awoken even if they have the wrong opinion, isn't this supposed to be a democracy? and give me an example of his hate speech?

she had no responses to either.

She was also under the impression that he was some massive war-hawk as well, even though he's the biggest dove still left in the race sans Sanders
>>
>>68109590
*yawn*

DCucks still trying to convince themselves and others that it wasn't shit yeah? it's grown tiring. so just have this

>horrible critics reviews (something DCucks cared for dearly before BvS released)

>much worse audience scores than expected

>won't even crack 900 million
>>
>>68111566
Guess we'll have to disagree lad. There's a difference between decent explanation and pointless exposition. Exposition is fine as long as it has a point. Explanation doesn't have to be forward, but Batman's reasoning needs more weight, I don't think Snyder touched on enough to make Batman's killing be worthwhile, which is where some more explanation is needed.

Keep insulting though, obviously you can't deal with the fact someone might think different.
>>
>>68109590
I feel the exact same way about the field. People are fucking retarded.
>>
>>68111626
Goddard mostly. Bergman and Tarchovsky are solid as well.
>>
>>68111708
Read it all. It explains everything about his character, his motivations, and how his actions and his(failed) plan bring about the actions in the film.
>>
>>68111669
What was the last independent/non mainstream film you watched? Any favourites?
>>
>>68111708

Lex does everything indirectly. That's the point. The movie starts with his plans already underway, you don't the extent of his knowledge or ambitions, all the characters are manipulated indirectly without the culprit being shown.. That's is until the end. Then Lex shows up and hints everything.
>>
>>68110812
Thank you for your Matrix explanation in this thread.

I agree with all you said though.
>>
>>68111855
The one about the dog. White God.
>>
>>68111838
You managed to misspell 2/3 of their names anon.
>>
>>68111824
I like anecdotes that didn't happen.
>>
>>68110318
>thinks he has a coherent and meaningful opinion about film
>can't spell the word "taught"
>>
>>68111838
Whatever. Spelling is irrelevant.
>>
>>68111803
What questions did it answer about Man of Steel? It seems all caught up in these questions of what superheroes are worth and influence over the people, but I fail to see how these questions were actually answered over from MoS.
>>
>>68111826

>(something DCucks cared for dearly before BvS released)

since when do people actually care about reviews? I only see Marvelfags and Star Wars fags caring about reviews. most people you see talking about reviews are exactly those people projecting on the DC fags
>>
>>68111669
>The mainstream audience deserves to be shamed.
>Their killing film as a medium

Maybe you should learn to type properly before shaming the dumb mainstream audience
>>
>>68111899
rekt
>>
>>68111838
>Godard over Bergman and Tarkovsky
>>
>>68110587
Hey babe, you come to /tv/ often?
>>
>>68111744
>In fact I don't think he was being praised at all

People literally reach out to touch him like he's some sort of religious icon. Not in a fangirl way, either.
>>
>>68111744

He didn't start to kill because of Robin. He was retired and came back after Zod's invasion. It was only then that he started to kill. The reason why is because he felt powerless both as a man, as a hero and as a deterrent to crime. Everything is explained.

I won't respond to you anymore because it's clear that you didn't payed attention to the movie.
>>
File: 1458793927439.png (428 KB, 1008x1584) Image search: [Google]
1458793927439.png
428 KB, 1008x1584
>>68109590
>Just watched this, objectively
nice try shill, be more subtle next time

i hope that 10cents deposited into your account was worth it
>>
>>68111932
sure thing bud. yeah.

DCucks NEVERRR used RT or critics reviews to back their shit up. yeah. none of that muh TDK top 10 imdb or my Nolan trilogy great scores.

yeahhhh.

okay bud.

sure.
>>
>>68111766
Fair enough. I just think the film, while part of an overarching story, works on it's own and is a satisfying watch, unlike BvS.
>>
>>68110812
Well "surface" is technically a depth I guess...
>>
>>68111932
I'd agree with you but DC fans were doing a lot of shit talking before this movie came out. What's good for the goose and all that. If BvS had gotten great reviews, you bet your ass they would be spamming RT and Metacritic screencaps like crazy.
>>
>>68111929
The metropolis scene. The effect of the death of his dad on him. The humanity of superman. Established his weakness. Showed the political consequences of his actions.
>>
>>68110812
Lol, I recognise this poster, we were talking the other day, you got really assblasted then too, don't you have anything better to do?
>>
>>68109590

Bin Al Fleckki made the movie.

It should have just been a Batman film from his eyes and then he has a confrontation at the end with Superman as he sees him and afterward Batman investigates a bit further and realized he fucked up and Superman is trustworthy in an after-credits cutscene.

No Wonder Woman, no Doomsday, and only hints of Luthor and make his performance have some weight and then lead into the traditional Luthor that wants to rule the world.

That movie is like the perfect storm of studio meddling, producer meddling (by fucking the director literally every night by being his FUCKING WIFE), and writer fuckery.
>>
>>68111940
>muh spelling

Spelling is irrelevant and doesnt matter. The point still applies. Take a critical look at your viewing habits and you'll im right.
>>
File: 1456329865483.jpg (71 KB, 600x452) Image search: [Google]
1456329865483.jpg
71 KB, 600x452
>>68110711
Yeah, it was much better when it was nothing but Glau and Avatar threads.

Eh, I'm certain you don't know what either of those things are. Sorry about that.
>>
>>68111988
Where did it say he was retired? Reading the pre-BvS comics it didn't mention retiring. I fail to see why feeling powerless against an alien would mean killing people who are much weaker than Zod, only petty thugs.

I saw it twice, but sure. 'didn't pay attention'. lol. Actually stand by your arguments instead of giving up.
>>
>>68111988
He wasn't retired. How did you get that impression?
>>
>>68111994

not even joking, I have seen the TDK being brought up like twice during the whole past year, the second time being in this thread. I usually only see marvel movies and BvS being posted the rest of the time

>my Nolan trilogy great scores.
>implying TDKR was good

fuck off, Rising was retarded as hell. also, why the hell would one compare Nolan's trilogy to the MCU or the DCMU anyway?
>>
>>68111948
It wasnt a ranking dumbshit
>>
File: 1453410165095.jpg (8 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1453410165095.jpg
8 KB, 228x221
it felt like a comic book
>>
File: tumblr_mne5qrgd861spiq56o1_500.png (192 KB, 468x347) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mne5qrgd861spiq56o1_500.png
192 KB, 468x347
>>68111512
>>68111465
You know why people feel compelled to write essays on this movie, and not on Marvel movies?

It has nothing to do with how deep the movies are.

It's because you don't fucking have to write essays to understand marvel movies, because the characters, motivations and basic fucking plot are easily understood right off the bat, WHICH IS HOW GOOD SCRIPTWRITING IS SUPPOSED TO FUCKING WORK.

FUCK.
>>
>>68112098
>posting more about Godard than Bergman or Tarkovsky

Just going off what you posted, famiglio. :^)
>>
>>68111901
>if it doesn't fit my worldview it doesn't happen
>>
>>68112104
The Batman scenes did. For some reason they convinced themselves that making Superman "realistic" would be interesting. It really wasn't and the movie dragged whenever Affleck wasn't around.
>>
>>68112022

>I'd agree with you but DC fans were doing a lot of shit talking before this movie came out

I don't even think of actual fans when talking about capeshit review spamming anymore. only stupid fucks post review scores to prove their point, doesn't matter whether it's a DC or Marvel movie

proving a point should be made by articulating all pros and cons one finds in a movie, not by jumping on the bandwagon of some retarded-ass reviewers. I don't have anything against someone here trying to prove why Age of Ultron was a good movie in their eyes if the person actually gives me proper reasons for it, even if I don't approve of them. this board is going down the gutter because people can't think for themselves anymore
>>
>>68112098
You're retarded.
>>
>>68112146
>His immigration policy on his website is great

Eww
>>
File: 1459465009514.jpg (37 KB, 445x482) Image search: [Google]
1459465009514.jpg
37 KB, 445x482
>>68110812
>the Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions are incredibly deep

vulgar autism not even once
>>
>>68112159
It world was Superman realistic? They established his weakness early and never wavered from that.
>>
>>68112146
>The part where I'm Told, I shall hide...
>>
>>68111831

>but Batman's reasoning needs more weight, I don't think Snyder touched on enough to make Batman's killing be worthwhile, which is where some more explanation is needed.

It was explained enough. The falling of the Wayne tower reflected the death of his parents making him relive the tragedy again. This made him feel powerless again as he was as a child and prompt him to come back as Batman after years of retirement. He retired because Gotham didn't changed one bit despite the years of sacrifice where he lost loved ones both to death and corruption. The powerlessness to change his city as a hero and to stop the death of his coworkers and friends thanks to Zod invasion pushed him to come back as more brutal and start to kill. He wanted to kill Superman and since his was already going to kill Superman it didn't mattered anymore of anyone else died in his pursuit.

Everything i just typed was in the movie. Everything very sensible.
>>
>>68112225
I think it's mainly that I find Cavill to be bland and uninteresting as an actor. He was noticeably struggling to maintain his American accent and I never really bought his emotional scenes. He seems like a super nice guy in real life though.
>>
>>68112200
what the fuck is "vulgar autism" ?
>>
Of all the complaints about this film , look wasn't one of them I believe
>>
>>68112225
They also established that he somehow had this deep history as a Great guy and hero, yet never show any of his genuinely good or heroic moments save for the ones that are only there to show how inhuman and powerful he is. Why build a statue for a guy that caused your new 9/11 that you fear and hate?
>>
>>68112075
>>68112084

The tv news said Batman came back.
>>
>>68112304
look up the word vulgar then look up the word autism and then extrapolate the rest.
>>
>>68110161
nice buzzword familia, welcome to the 4chan club! :)
>>
>>68112306
please, everyone fucking loves superman because he saved the world from zod.

only people who think he caused 9/11 are cunts
>>
>>68112310
I don't remember that but that's interesting because nothing else in the movie gave the slightest indication that he had been out of action.
>>
>>68112304
Bad movie revisionism

>I love eating shit it makes me feel special
>>
>>68112144
This tbqh
>>
>>68112306
Their is an entire segment in the film showing him saving people around the world.
>>
>>68110732
I like you.
And I just realized how ridiculous it is that I saw Twister four times in theaters.

It is humorous though - people never used to talk shit about Independence Day. It was a stupid fucking movie and we expected that in the nineties. Action was supposed to be stupid. Blockbuster films were not expected to have meaning or layers.
Unfortunately alot of the people in this thread are pointing out how mindless the Marvel movies are, like it is a bad thing.
I think it's great. Look at the crowd of an Avenger movie- parents going out for a night of fun, with their kids wearing superhero suits and carrying little Mjolnirs. There is nothing wrong with this picture. It's meant to appeal to ANYONE- young or old. A huge blockbuster setting record numbers is not usually going to be an Oscar winning film full of character depth.
Nolan changed the game and it worked, but Superman V Batman is the quintessential "give us cool fights and villains".
Can't do that though, because then people would complain it wasn't deep enough. Really there was no win-win for this movie.
The Flash is ridiculously popular and it doesn't try to be grim and serious all of the time, like the Arrow is. Too bad Dawn of Justice was caught between two expectations and couldn't bridge the gap.

In my uneducated, humble opinion.
>>
>>68112354

Yes, it did.
>>
File: projecting.jpg (659 KB, 1225x782) Image search: [Google]
projecting.jpg
659 KB, 1225x782
>>68111512
>>
>>68112411
Such as?
>>
>>68112352
Where were the good people though? So Batman's a cunt even though his viewpoint on the destruction of Metropolis was completely reasonable and not treated like some insane obsession. The only people that seemed to love him were Lois (who mostly just seems to like having him around as a fucktoy), his mom (who explicitly tells him to fuck everybody who cares what they think), and the creepy cult people that seem crazy to have any respect for Superman.
>>
>>68111929
MoS is essentially the "birth" of Superman. Much of the questions first posed there aren't even addressed until BvS, notable among them being, "What is a Superman's role in society?" "How do I live with the consequences of my actions/inactions?" "How do inspire people without becoming an object of worship?"

The first two questions are largely answered: his place is among us, not above us, ground level, just like his monument; you make peace with your decisions and their consequences by always acting on what you can justify as your best course forward from a moral perspective. Pa Kent sums it up with the flood parable. You choose your world.

The last question remains open and in light of the events at the end of BvS, things in this regard are going to get tougher rather than easier.
>>
>>68112144
Lol no just no. The marvel movies are easy to understand becaue of their elementary premise not their brilliant script writing. All the films are filled with shit tier writing and some cool action scenes.
>>
>>68112144
>the audience is too stupid
>we have to spoon feed them
That's what you're implying.
>>
>>68112386
Yes, to show his Godlike status, not to show him as a hero.
>>
>>68112433

The news, the rookie cop, Clark surprise, the complaints of old age between Bruce and Alfred and so on.
>>
>>68112422
This movie was more boring than Alien
>>
File: 1460314028934.png (251 KB, 1880x614) Image search: [Google]
1460314028934.png
251 KB, 1880x614
>>
>>68112447
"headline metropolis love affair with superman over?"

did you fuckers not watch this movie?
t
>>
>>68112502
I don't really see how any of those things would indicate he was actually retired though. The Batcave was still fully operational and he was still doing Batman stuff all the time.
>>
>>68111744
What movie did you see? Or how much alcohol did you consume before seeing Dawn of Justice? I don't think the aspects you misunderstood were particularly difficult...
>>
>>68112485
They serve the same purpose. He's literally saving people which is why the majority of the populace view him as a hero. The ones who dont were in metropolis and were either harmed or lost someone in the attack. People like Wally.
>>
>>68109590
Its amazing how low these scores are compared to that piece of shit Age of ultron. And the majority of people are ok with that hahaha.
>>
>>68110562
>It is. Its a legit masterpiece.
And you're a legit retard. You're not fitting in with the contrarian crowd, they just do this ironically. You do this for attention and some sort of e-cred bullshit.
Praising garbage film does nothing but embarrass yourself.
>>
File: Chess.jpg (199 KB, 598x400) Image search: [Google]
Chess.jpg
199 KB, 598x400
>>68109590
I know that /tv/ is easily rused, but they just keep falling for the bait. How do they do it and what is their masterplan?
>>
>>68109842
anything other than im 1 gotg and cap 2 has to be paid shilling, i refuse to believe otherwise
>>
>>68112535
>Nolan Batman
>love for the source
I can't believe people this stupid are allowed to have opinions. Fuck democracy, really.
He literally mocked the source material with the line "I don't wear hockey pads!" because he thought TDKR of Miller was shit.
Nolan is a hack.
The fight scenes in his trilogy were utter shit.

The guy who wrote that crap is a retard and so are you for reposting it.
>>
>>68112144
>FUCK i hate using my brain FUCK
>>
>>68112595
A God and a hero are not one in the same. In fact the hero of this story was explicitly not a God but a human (Batman).
>>
>>68109842
>>68112609
gotg is one of the worst capeshit movies, it doesn't even have a cool fight scene
>>
>>68112144
I see, so it's only a good script when characters monologue their actual motivations, character traits, and intentions in iambic pentameter with an accompanying PowerPoint to Expository Sounding Board #230385.

Point well taken.
>>
>>68112603
Yet you cant form a coherent thought as to why its garbage. Says a lot about you.
>>
>>68111984
People "worship" anyone there to save them in the way depicted. It's not religious supplication, its "grab me first, I don't want to die."
>>
Hey there capefags

Please stop polluting the board with this garbage

Discuss capeshit in this general

>>68112169
>>68112169
>>68112169
>>
>>68110562
You do realize the people using hyperbolic terms like "masterpiece" when describing this movie are doing it ironically, right?
>>
>>68112637
That's not my point at all. My point is that the segment serves the same purpose. It establishes the same idea. God and hero. He's godlike and viewed as a hero by many.
>>
>>68112704
This
>>
File: 1443881756647.jpg (45 KB, 628x442) Image search: [Google]
1443881756647.jpg
45 KB, 628x442
Can I just add that the soundtrack in BvS was amazing?
>>
>>68112714
Sure the shilling shitposters are.
>>
Hey there capefags

Please direct all further discussion of your children's movie to the capeshit general.

We don't need more useless threads shitting up the board

>>68112169
>>68112169
>>68112169
>>
>>68112644
Shit taste
>>
>>68112783
Soundtrack was annoying imo. Can we ban Zimmerman from using drums until he learns that they can be played dynamically?
>>
>>68112783
Yeah, vastly improved on the one in MoS, I thought Lex had a great theme with the piano that was a little off.
>>
>>68112717
No he's viewed as a God not a hero. I'm using the film's own language here. This world sets up a very clear distinction between a God and a hero. Superman is seen as a God throughout. The problem with the movie is that it doesn't follow its own rule and ignores the distinction for the big cgi boss battle at the end. To be clear though Superman is never a hero in this movie. He's a God.
>>
>>68112845
That's it. You're the king of plebs.
>>
>>68112696
So the husband in the flood is saying "grab me before my wife and kid?" Who needed rescuing in the Day of the Dead celebration besides the girl he'd just landed with?

It's only when we reach the flood scene that Clark becomes fully aware of the image he's projecting and starts to question whether or not he's following the right path. That's why he's hovering there looking at the family waiting on the "man in the sky" to save them.
>>
File: orange.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
orange.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>68109590
>cinematography
too bad that cinematography is inexistant in the battle vs doomsday just zaps and pows and orange too much orange
>>
>>68112644
the bit where everyone is trying to catch StarLord and then they all get arrested is a pretty good action scene
>>
>>68112615
>Can't beat the argument
>ad hominem instead
>>
>>68112783
It was very moving, and I was HYPE as fuck every time the Wonder Woman theme played.
>>
>>68113018
Everything else was God-tier though.
>>
>>68112893
Thats what im saying. He's established as a god. He's also established as a hero to many throughout the film. Their is even one specific line that is said about Superman where it says "not everyone shares your view".
>>
>>68112986
Yep, he's a cunt.
>bla blah reflection, kino meme, blah
You're inserting depth where none exists.
>>
>>68109920
While I agree they are still better than Batman Vs Superman. Why the fuck was this movie made so fucking poorly. Just hamfist religious themes into the movie and call it deep.
>>
File: 1409177473941.jpg (178 KB, 374x413) Image search: [Google]
1409177473941.jpg
178 KB, 374x413
>stupid people that use the word objectively to try and convince others of their completely retarded opinions
>>
>>68113106
They did a shitty job making him a good guy in this. His hero status was implied, but every heroic act that was shown had some negative connotation to it.
>>
>>68109590
Whatever helps your superiority complex m9
>>
>>68113196
Thats what makes it so interesting. Whats the price of Supermans actions? What happens when their is a literal god there to save you no matter what?
>>
>>68110476
I enjoyed Deadpool because it was as advertised. I knew what kind of movie I was going to get and it had a few decent laughs in it. I am someone who pretty much fucking hates superhero movies. I am sick to death of them and half the time I don't know if the superhero is DC or Marvel.

Batman vs Superman I was hoping that maybe I had not seen the whole movie in the trailer. Then I get the most unlikable superman in history. Lex Luthor who is an autistic child and religious themes shoved into my face. A lackluster fight between the two central characters and a monster from lord of the rings. I was just unimpressed and bored. Only one I have seen worse than this at the cinema was fucking Green Lantern.
>>
*tips fedora while stepping out of the shadows*

The pitiful peons at Marvel have underestimated the power of DC one time too many. The "Marvel Cinematic Universe". Huh. A shoddily shot, messily put together series of soulless and artless wastes of celluloid designed to appeal to the base intellects of moronic manchildren still dreaming of becoming powerful as they waste their lives away masterbating to images of Black Widow.

Only a fool and a weakling of mind could gain satisfaction from watching poorly animated CGI trade weightless and impactless punches while trading quips a severely mentally retarded Thai ladyboy would find beneath him/her.

DC understand cinéma. They understand kino. DC know how to build shade and light in a performance, how to engage the minds of true enlightened souls. DC have redefined not just superhero films, but the entire film industry itself.

Mentally challenged Marvel fanboys can only begin to grasp the tectonic shift in filmmaking that has been unleashed. Critics and reviewers fail to recognize a movie far ahead of its time once again, crying on their blogs about lack of snark and quipping - failing to recognize a literal masterpiece as it unfolds before them.

The public have responded. The entire filmmaking industry has been shaken to its core. DC have changed the game utterly - a new landscape is carved, a beauty is born, a God walks among men.

*teleports away*
>>
>>68113196
It's all just building up to Lois dying, Supes snapping and declaring "Dad was right about the kids on the bus..."
And we'll all pretend it was awesome to troll /tv/ yet know deep down it wasn't SHIT, just Average and Mediocre.
>>
they hated it because it's not Marvel. That's it. If they had more forced humor and quips in there it would be at 65-70%

and I don't give a fuck about DC before any memers come at me
>>
>>68112422
I read this and wonder how anyone can migrate to a site like Reddit, which is devoid of any critical analysis such as this.

Then I remember nobody has made a good thread on /tv/ in five years.
>>
>>68111421
>What is his ultimate goal?
To kill Superman

>but what does he actually do
Kill Superman

I understand Disney has raised the bar in terms of overly simplistic popcorn flicks, but this question isn't that hard.
>>
>>68113403
The Dark Knight Rises came out the same summer as The Avengers and got great reviews from critics.
>>
>>68113304
No but you have to convincingly sell the side that shows him as a hero. Otherwise it's not an exploration into a hero as a god but just some alien god destroying cities. It's not an interesting question when only one side is explored and only as an excuse to have a cgi punching match. Let's not pretend an interesting idea automatically makes the film good when it doesn't even explore the idea.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.