[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Force Awakens’ Novelization Reveals Rey Will Be Turned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 10
The Force Awakens’ Novelization Reveals Rey Will Be Turned To The Dark Side By Her Creator Darth Plageuis(Snoke)

From TFA novelization:

>Kill him, a voice inside her head said. It was amorphous, unidentifiable, raw. Pure vengeful emotion. So easy, she told herself. So quick.

So now it's obvious that Rey is going to turn to the dark side while Ben is going to turn the the light.

How does this make you feel?

http://www.themarysue.com/lets-nerd-out-on-star-wars-books/
>>
>white man is the good guy all along

I'd rather see Finn be the chosen one so he fights Rey in the end
>>
>A literal voice talking to her when she gets her powerup

Powerup confirmed Snoke using a force technique to help her out.
>>
>>63999902
I hope she turns dark and Kylo becomes the good guy. He's more interesting of a character.
>>
It sounds like she was a knight of Ren and got mindwiped to be honest family
>Rey post
>themarysue.com
kek
>>
>>64000028
>It sounds like she was a knight of Ren
She was a Knight of Ren when she was like 6?
>>
>>64000060
We saw that her parents abandoned her when she was 6, do we see that they abandoned her on Jakku? I don't remember exactly but it would be pretty basic misdirection, they could've easily just abandoned her to train as a Padawan with Luke or some shit
>>
you guys are giving the writers of this novelisation way too much credit
there's no way in hell that that's happening
>>
It would be neat if they swerved us and she wasn't a Skywalker after all.
>>
>>64000271
Turning to the dark side? I doubt it, but there's definitely something very strange with Rey, there's no way she was really just a scavanger
>>
>>63999902
>>64000271
It's the only direction for her character that makes any sense at this point.
>>
File: star wars knights of ren.jpg (113 KB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
star wars knights of ren.jpg
113 KB, 1280x534
>>63999902
>Rey is going to turn to the dark side while Ben is going to turn the the light.
that wouldnt bother me since like i really enjoyed both character.Kylo was anakin done right.
>>
File: 1333036489468.png (157 KB, 380x264) Image search: [Google]
1333036489468.png
157 KB, 380x264
>themarysue.com
>>
>>63999902
>Rey turns to the dark
>Ben turns to the light
>Finn has to kill Rey
It would be glorious.
>>
What the fuck is the novelization of TFA

Is it by the guy who wrote the script? Is it official?
>>
I think it's a stretch to say it'll be a double turn, but I imagine that the temptation will be a recurring issue for Rey in the sequels. I mean it is for pretty much every Jedi obviously, but I don't think it's an accident that her use of the force so far tends to be desperate and emotional rather than clear minded and harmonized like it ideally should be.

If the next film follows TFA's lead as far slavishly adhering to the OT, then Rey's going to go through some shit. She'll continue to struggle with moving forward as a person, freak out over the revelation regarding her past, then get wrecked by a vengeful Kylo.

It's a stretch I'll admit, but I wouldn't be surprised if the relative ease with which she's gained her power will backfire entirely. It's not hard to imagine her being hard headed because she thinks she's already ahead of the curve and is perfectly fine without Luke's guidance. I mean, she beat Kylo Ren once, no probs doing it again, right? Right?

Total speculation, obviously. And maybe I'm just being optimistic, but it makes sense to me.
>>
>>63999947
I thought he is going to be a main jedi character guy (the way he holds a saber in poster, thats not something a guy who just picked it up would hold it). But if hes some noname who was taught to be trooper, i would hate if he became a jedi. Stop your white hate. Finn is just not made to be a Jedi.

Would love Ben going light. Its just about the last fight which bothers me, was it poorly made with hollywood meets dragonballz shit or was it intentional so we feel more sympathy for the guy. Thats what i hate about movies and movie characters, the unknowing of movie/actor is shit or its the character/scene they made exactly for the purpose.
Like Ben having his wet puppy eyes and totally unmenacing face when he unmasked himself.
>>
>>64000420
Finn and Kylo team up to kill Rey
>>
I would actually like this.

I want Rey to be the most evil sith of all time. I want her to use her feet to torture and punish resistance people and innocents. I want her to be like an evil succubus.
>>
It makes sense. Every time she's used the Force has been in times of fear and desperation. She's much more likely to see the Force from the dark side's prospective, as a tool, than from the light's, who see it more as a god.
>>
There was already leaked artwork that showed her with Snorkel.
>>
yfw dark side Rey will capture Finn and ride his black light side dick like an evil witch
>>
>>64000344
>Kylo was anakin done right.
Hell no. Anakin as never supposed to be a whiny loser. If anything Anakin should have had way way less Kylo traits. It should have started with him already a Jedi and have the war cover all three movies, with his dedication to the Republic and the idea of security and order for everyone (due to his childhood as a slave, which doesn't need to be actually covered as more than mentioned backstory) eventually leading to him becoming more and more authoritarian, rather than just a throw away line of "they should be made to". Eventually choosing it over his loyalty to the ideals of the Jedi, and becoming Darth Vader when they legitimately do try to depose the legitimate leader of the Republic because he's a Sith Lord, which is a religious issue and therefore the law just says they're traitors.

Basically he always should have been like he was as Darth Vader, just to begin with in a way that you could call admirable or at least understand. Rather than "I want to save my wife so I guess I'm just full evil now out of nowhere, still a whiny brat though".
>>
Clickbait bullshit.

If this scene is the one I think it is from the movie, she is given a choice, reflects and chooses not to turn. The only difference now is that we hear Snoke trying to egg her on.
>>
>Kylo recognizes Rey
>When she retrieves Luke's lightsaber with the Force to commence their duel, he mutters to himself, "It is you."
>This disturbs Rey, who observes to herself that Kylo "seemed to know more about her than she did about herself."
>>
>>64000987
Is that real? If so 100% mindwiped knight of ren confirmed?
>>
GET IN HERE
>>63999811
>>63999811
>>63999811
>>
>>64000344

Anakin was Hayden Christensen's Anakin acted right, but Anakin should have been a Kyle Katarn type
>>
>>64000987
This literally never happens
>>
>>64001047
>>64001164
http://www.dailydot.com/geek/star-wars-force-awakens-novelization-highlights/
>>
ITT: ideas that would have instantly made TFA a better film if they hadn't decided leave any hint of them until the next movie instead of developing them.
>>
>>64001235
Well, at least that's a good explanation why she's such a massive mary sue, just wish they made it clearer in the movie
>>
>>64000333
I'm sure Disney will consider things like this given that the movie has landed with such a thud by playing it too safe.
>>
>>64001273
>if they hadn't decided leave any hint of them
People were calling it since the trailer showed the short knight of ren with the staff
>>
>>64000220
No, it's pretty obvious they abandoned her on Jakku at a young age
>>
>>63999902
>Kill him, a voice inside her head said. It was amorphous, unidentifiable, raw. Pure vengeful emotion. So easy, she told herself. So quick.
what kind of shitty writing is that? Why not hire a good writer instead?
>>
>>64001377
>Star Wars
>good writing
never gonna happen
>>
>>64001418
I hear Matthew Stover is alright
>>
File: mfw.jpg (26 KB, 146x197) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
26 KB, 146x197
>>64001456
>>
>Taken aback, he whirled—to see the weapon land in the hand of a girl standing by a tree. Rey appeared equally shocked that her reach for the device had exceeded his. She gazed down at the weapon now resting in her grip.
>“It is you,” Ren murmured.
>His words unsettled her: Not for the first time, he seemed to know more about her than she did about herself. But she had no time to ponder his comment, nor was she inclined to do so anyway; she was too consumed with rage. Holding the haft of the lightsaber in both hands, she ignited the beam—and charged.
>Ren met her with his own weapon alight. Expecting weakness, he encountered only strength. Her skill with the device was raw at best, but it was backed by a fury that was as new to his experience as it was unexpected.
>>
>>64001377
>good writers
>doing movie novelizations for scale

now you understand the Star Wars EU
>>
what fucking novelization anyway? Is this canon?
>>
>One downward cut, she saw. One quick, final strike, and she could kill him. The landing lights of a shuttle appeared in the distance, coming over the trees in her direction. She had to make a decision, now.
>She recoiled from it. From the dark side.
>>
File: samuel johnson.jpg (56 KB, 414x720) Image search: [Google]
samuel johnson.jpg
56 KB, 414x720
>>64001502
>>
>>64001502
>>His words unsettled her: Not for the first time, he seemed to know more about her than she did about herself.
Shit they really hit you over the head with it aren't they? I can't believe there are still people denying she's a former knight
>>
>>64001622
>Pure vengeful emotion.

FEELING THINGS MAKES YOU EVIL

10/10 PSYCHOANALYSIS RIGHT THERE

JUST STOP HAVING EMOTIONS EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT GREAT :DDD
>>
>>63999902
Now see? If they do this it'd actually be something new and interesting. Sounds animey but in a good way. Most importantly is that it'd be something not seen before in Star Wars, unlike "The New Hope Awakens"
>>
>>64001793
>anime
>good
pick one
>>
>>63999902
And have Ben Skywalker take her down?
That's ridiculous. Kylo Ren is already irredeemable after he killed his father. There would be no one to root for. A double loss.

I'd rather she kill Kylo at the end of the trilogy.
>>
>>64002140
>Ben Skywalker
You mean Ben Solo?
>>
>>64002140
You're retarded if you think Kylo is unredeemable and not going to have a redemption arc.

He's literally Zuko in the Star Wars universe
>>
>>64002168
Yea.
>>64002194
Nope. Vader was redeemable because he didn't fail the ultimate test. Kylo is irredeemable because he killed his father, and extinguished whatever good was left in him. Something the previous antagonist did not do. Sure they may flirt with it. But he will not be redeemed after what he has done. The audience likes, no, loves Rey, and you decide to turn her evil? That's already crazy, but interesting and could make a lot of people tear up. But the person to take her down is the guy who killed his own father, Han? That's not going to work out at all.
>>
>>64002352
>and extinguished whatever good was left in him
He didn't actually. According to the book it only made him feel worse.
>>
>>64002352
the only thing han could have done to save his son was give him his life so the grief and guilt would bring him back to the light.
>will you help me
>anything
>reaches lightsaber to han
>han pushes it back
>he knows what he must do and now knows hes strong enough to do it
>>
>>64002385
Its a good thing the book doesnt mean shit then. The only way Kylo can be "saved" at this point is self sacrifice, probably by tossing snoke down an even bigger hole than the death star had.
>>
It was an Oedipal thing

Ben will fuck Leia in the next one
>>
>>64002552
I don't think he'll be saved, it just that the idea that he can force himself into being a pure evil badass was retarded, and just ended up backfired on him
>>
>>63999902

If she actually becomes the villain and the narrative flips to Ren and Luke as it should, I will have regained all respect for Jbrams and take back what I said earlier about him being uncreative.

>>63999947

I wouldn't be unhappy if this happened as well.
>>
>>64002352

They don't love her, they hardly know anything about her beyond the fact she's really skilled at a bunch of things and was left behind at six. If anything, they love Finn and Poe.
>>
IT WAS ME, REY!
>>
>>64001283
They need something for the big reveal. They blew their load with killing Han for their big climax, and feel they need they must top or equate their next climax to "I'm your father."
>>
>>64000220

You see 'portions' alien holding her arm as a little girl in that flashback.
>>
>>64002807
Yeah, it's Probably why the Ben Solo reveal was used to shock the viewers, they don't want it to feel repetitive when they do a reveal in episode 8
>>
>>64002352
>The audience likes, no, loves Rey
Maybe you shouldn't get your idea of what people love from tumblr and the kind of people who would proclaim her a "feminist icon". The ordinary person who doesn't give a shit about that shit 'liked' Finn if anyone. And the most praised character by far has been Kylo.

Rey is just a boring invincible hero in this movie.
>>
File: 1447996755582.gif (165 KB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
1447996755582.gif
165 KB, 500x454
>>64000369
>being sexist
>>
>>64002352
>Kylo is irredeemable because he killed his father

to "Geek Culture" he will be up their with Geoffrey for killing Han Solo, the man who shot first.

Big Bang Theory.
>>
>>64002858
*WASN'T
Shit that's some type
>>
>Films make it out that Rey turns to the dark side
>she does for a while, then turns back
>NOW SHE CAN USE SITH LIGHTNING AND USE THE GOOD SIDE OF THE FORCE
>RED AND BLUE LIGHTSABERS

M A R Y S U E
>>
>>64000344
Why is rey the only one with a saber
>>
>>64000333
CHECK EM
>>
>>64002590
Abrams is a pussy and so is Disney so it won't happen. These movies are Marvel and Transformers tier now
>>
Snoke wants Kylo to be the ultimate expression of light & dark side. However he's conflicted by the dark side, like he said he can feel the light coming back and is afraid Snoke will sense it. That's why he killed his father, to try extinguish the light side. Which during the fight with Rey, it's evident that it didn't really work.

I hope Rey does turn to the dark side. It would work more for her than Ben.
>>
>>64004439
Ben killed kids and his father. How the fuck would it work better for Rey?
>>
Rey is bastilla
>>
>>63999902
>Rey will turn dark side
>Kylo will turn light side and redeem her while sacrificing himself

FINISH. WHAT. YOU. STARTED

P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>64004622
Pretty good actually
>>
Snoke isn't Plageuis. It would make no sense.
>>
>>63999947
Shut up cuck
>>
>>64000453
It's written by the guy that wrote the novelization of New Hope. Just to drive the nail of nostalgia real deep. Real deep.
>>
>>64002930
>reddit
>>
>>63999947
>SJW liberals don't know who to root for
It's perfect
>>
>>64000344
>Kylo was anakin done right.

This. JJ achieved in a short time what George couldn't in three bloated flicks.
>>
File: knights-of-ren.jpg (37 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
knights-of-ren.jpg
37 KB, 600x400
TFW you dual wielded lightsabers and killed all of Kylo's friends
>>
>>64000275
She's not, she's a Kenobi.

Anakin's Grandchild vs. Kenobi's Grandchild, only this time the roles will be reversed, Kenobi's the dark, Anakin's to the light.
>>
>>64005550
That's Luke's Lightsaber.
>>
>>64001308

> THE MOVIE HAS LANDED WITH SUCH A THUD
> SUCH A THUD
> THUD

STAR WARS IS NOT AN ARTHOUSE FILM YOU STUPID CUNT
>>
File: 553.jpg (117 KB, 876x719) Image search: [Google]
553.jpg
117 KB, 876x719
It would be pretty funny if the little girl screaming NO during Rey's flashback wasn't Rey, but rather, one of the Younglings Rey killed
>>
>>64005657
It's one of the younglings Vader killed during Order 66, it calls to her using the Force because she is just like Vader, something Kylo Ren could never be, he'll never be Vader, he'll never be as strong as Vader. But he'll be Anakin, he'll be as strong as Anakin was in the end, he'll finish what he started and end the Sith.

It's like pottery, it just rhymes.
>>
>>63999902
>>Kill him, a voice inside her head said. It was amorphous, unidentifiable, raw. Pure vengeful emotion. So easy, she told herself. So quick.
are you copy pasting mara jades mental orders?
>So now it's obvious that Rey is going to turn to the dark side while Ben is going to turn the the light
meh, it sucked in The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance
>>
It's her own thoughts. Luke flirted with the dark side and she will too.
>>
>>64005690
He could easily be as strong as Vader, but I'd don't think he'll ever be this invulnerable force of nature that he built Vader up to be in his mind
>>
>>64006093
The way it's described isn't normal at all, it sounds like remnants of brainwashing or something like that
>>
>>64006244
He's already stronger than Vader, fucker can literally stop things with the force and then just drop his hand, Vader could never do that, fucking Yoda couldn't even do that. Vader also had to force block blaster bolts, he literally stopped one in mid-air.
>>
File: TR-8R.jpg (52 KB, 680x405) Image search: [Google]
TR-8R.jpg
52 KB, 680x405
>>64005690
>>64005657
>mfw Rey ends up getting fucked up and turned into a robotic monstrousity and is the main evil in Eps 10-12

This would actually be cool. Too bad they're not going to do it.
>>
>>63999902
That's way better than I expected
>>
>>64004622

Ben solo our anti-hero (which is all the rage these days) will become a Sith lord

Rey will become a master Jedi

In episode nine they will fight the big bad together reuniting the Sith and Jedi
>>
>>64006662
Ren is beyond redemption. He is straight up evil incarnate now, after he killed his father.

Redeeming him even in the slightest, like an anti-hero role, makes no sense.
>>
>>64006662

They may or may not fuck

Depends on if they are related

MSM isn't ready for wincest
>>
>>64006698

Vadar helped destroyed a planet, killed his wife, killed kids

Come on senpai
>>
>>64001502

This is...fucking terrible. Are the books made for kids like the movies are?
>>
I'm not sure if Rey is intended to turn to the dark side. If anything, I'd rather see a balls to the walls badass Sith lord Ren, fully committed to the Dark Side rather than watch him fumble through another movie looking for the Light. Same with Rey, she may have some dark temptations, but I think she's our marysue jedi for this trilogy. Also I remember reading something that stated that JewJew Abrams wanted this trilogy to be the creation of both a new hero and a new villain. TFA clearly spelled this out to be Rey and Ren, respectively, even up to the point where the movie ends with them going to receive training from the light and dark side big bosses (Luke and Plagui-snoke).
>>
>>64006698
>Ren is beyond redemption. He is straight up evil incarnate now, after he killed his father.
All of the stuff they've released, the guide, novel, etc., makes a big deal out of Ren being a focal point of light and dark side powers.

He's going to be redeemed, and if you don't see it coming, you're really lacking genre saviness.
>>
>>64002930
woman detected (or reddit, not sure which one would be worst)
>>
>>64002807
The big reveal could be that Rey freaked out and she killed some people so Ben magic erasered her brain and dropped her off in the hood.
Something had to happen to make him stand out for the bad guys to take interest in him.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.