[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Shatters Domestic Box Office Record
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 8
File: kek.jpg (91 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
91 KB, 700x350
http://www.engadget.com/2015/12/20/star-wars-the-force-awakens-breaks-records/

>Disney expects the adventures of Finn, Poe and Rey to set an all-time domestic debut record with an estimated $238 million haul
>Worldwide, it's estimated to rake in $517 million over its first five days

>On top of that, TFA also broke several other domestic records
>biggest single-day gross ($120.5 million)
>biggest Thursday preview ($57 million)
>best December debut
>multiple IMAX records
>biggest opening weekends in Australia ($18.9 million), Germany ($27.3 million), Russia ($12.3 million and the UK ($48.9 million)

>that $4 billion Lucasfilm purchase suddenly seems like the bargain of the century

CAMERONFAGS BTFO
DINOFAGS BTFO
CONTRARIAN FAGGOTS BTFO

BEING A "GEEK" IS NOW IN. GET FUCKED HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Damn. They actually pulled it off
>>
Arguably the best movie of 2015.
>>
Plebs flock to a pleb flick. Is this supposed to matter?
>>
File: 1435400586743.jpg (7 KB, 255x200) Image search: [Google]
1435400586743.jpg
7 KB, 255x200
>>63889792

You're not serious...
>>
Why do people care ahout this so much

At least shitpost about the content of the movie, not the box office numbers
>>
>>63889546
>Disney expects the adventures of Finn, Poe and Rey
Take away the Star Wars brand name, what do you have? Sorry, Disney, your SJW efforts are minimal at best compared to Star Wars recognition
>>
I didn't pay to see it :^)
>>
>>63889843

Don't pretend like it doesn't. Star Wars is a behemoth of the moviemaking industry, and will always matter. Stop asking retarded questions.

>>63889854

It's not a shitpost, friend. You're being informed of Star Wars' meteoric momentum.
>>
File: 1.jpg (93 KB, 600x872) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
93 KB, 600x872
A White woman
A Black man
A Hispanic man

I love the idea of unity, the nation awakens
>>
File: 1449437506078.jpg (37 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1449437506078.jpg
37 KB, 480x480
OOGA BOOGA BOYEGA LAD
>>
>>63889546

Going to love watching the damage control if it doesn't beat Avatar, will make a collage of all these threads and post it in every Star Wars thread forevermore.
>>
>>63889546
So tell me, that 238 counts early Thursday and Thursday night showings? Seems like a giant case of moving the goal posts to keep that nice little hype train moving along.
>>
>>63890033

Nigga, the release is arbitrary. And all big releases are out on Thursday now, anyway. Stop being a fat, autistic faggot and accept Episode VII is a monster return.
>>
>>63890008
>Le ebin racism
Die.

-4chan community
>>
I DONT FUCKING CARE

STOP MAKING A NEW STAR WARS THREAD EVERY FIVE MINUTES
>>
>>63890122

Thanks for the bump, amigo.
>>
>>63890015
Avatar rided on a technological gimmick
>>
>>63889940
All I can say is Thank GOD it's 2015

White males arent the center of the universe anymore. the world has moved on without there entitled, bigoted asses.
>>
>>63890105

>Speaking on behalf of everyone else

t. Tumblr
>>
>doing worse than jurassic world day to day on Saturday and Sunday
>only reason it's breaking the record is because of midnight showings

Pathetic. >>>63883565
>>
>>63889940
>no asians
>under performing in asia
>not even number one in worst korea
>three week delay for chink release
>they don't care about space shit enough to pirate it

If they are going to do affirmative action casting, why no asians?
>>
File: 1435487720578.jpg (16 KB, 336x361) Image search: [Google]
1435487720578.jpg
16 KB, 336x361
>>63890359
>being this mad
>>
>>63890434
>https://4ch.be/_/search/filename/1435487720578/
>being a cancerous /v/editor
>>
>>63890105
>-4chan community
we got a live one here boys
>>
>>63889849
it was a pretty shit year for movies
>>
>>63890367
who the fuck wants to watch asians on screen
>>
>>63890105
>-4chan community
Then why do you post on /pol/ and racebait?
>>
>>63890469
>being obsessed with the Leddit boogeyman

o i am laffin
>>
>>63889546
This film needs to make $5 billion domestically to succeed anyways. It's still targeted to be the flop of the century.
>>
>>63889849
It was. The movie is the third best in the series (and a good case for second best over ANH), and this was a shitty year for movies
>>
>>63890685
>and a good case for second best over ANH

Oh, I see.

ANH is actually the best Star Wars film and if you don't understand why, that's fine, you're just an audience member voicing your preference.
>>
>>63890105

kill yourself faggot

sincerely,

the Four-Chan Communityâ„¢
>>
>>63890170
So did this and every other one of these mediocre children's movies
>>
>>63890105
savory bait
>>
I hope this is the last hurrah of the blockbuster. Once everyone has fallen for the hype and is disappointed, maybe they'll learn. They're cranking out a new Star Wars movie every year until who knows when. People will have to eventually get sick of it.
>>
almost nothing worth watching all year
and then this shit comes out in december
>>
>>63890616
Go home anti art scum
>>
>>63890652
Explain
>>
>>63891049

Nah, I like watching your fat jowls quiver with rage.
>>
>>63890556
>>63890685

It was a fine year for movies. You retards just don't watch anything outside of whatever's playing on your local theater and whatever shit /tv/ jerks off to.
>>
>>63889546
>the adventures of Finn, Poe and Rey

>implying anyone actually likes Mary-Sue "Lucy Skywalker" Rey
>implying Poe had enough screen time to be a hero
>implying Finn is anything more than a mildly funny sidekick
>>
>>63891830
>implying they don't
>implying he didn't
>implying he isn't
>>
1. Jurassic World still won the World Wide Opening total

2. Force Awakens lost to Harry Potter Deathly Hallows part 2 in the international box office

3. Force Awakens will not have Avatar's legs

This will be very very lucky to break $2 billion
>>
>>63891918

If TFW beats either Avatar or Jurassic World, will you an hero on stream?
>>
>>63890105
hook
line
and sinker
>>
>>63891988

Sure, too bad TFW doesn't exist, stupid.
>>
>>63891186

He's probably trying to include the 4 billion Disney spent for the franchise in this movie's budget.

As if the TV shows, the merchandise, the games, the TV shows don't all contribute to making that money back. The movie alone has to pay it all back. And just this movie, not any of the 3 subsequent movies, minimum.
>>
>>63892154

It's called a typo, you socially retarded mongoloid. Answer the question instead of being a fuccboi.

And learn the concept of a comma.
>>
>>63892273

It's called a joke you fucking dimwit.

And you really want to me legitimately answer whether or not I will kill myself on a stream if a movie makes a certain amount of money or not?

You fucking fandrones are unbelievably stupid.

TFA has no chance of beating Avatar, so it will probably be you killing yourself.
>>
>>63892550
>sperglord thinks he's funny

No. You're not. Don't try it in public or you actually may go through with the helium tank.

>And you really want to me legitimately answer whether or not I will kill myself on a stream if a movie makes a certain amount of money or not?

Given your fanaticism, I'd say it's a fair question.

>You fucking fandrones are unbelievably stupid.

I'm fairly neutral on the new Star Wars, but glad to see your autistic rage is skewing your already precarious sense of judgment.

>TFA has no chance of beating Avatar, so it will probably be you killing yourself.

I don't care enough. You clearly do, researching niche statistics just to bring down the hype. You're a fucking loser.
>>
>>63892669
>I don't care enough. You clearly do, researching niche statistics just to bring down the hype. You're a fucking loser.

That's what they all say. Yet you're here in a Star Wars box office thread on /tv/.

Your denial is pathetic. I bet your dad wished he'd worn a condom with his sister.
>>
>>63892911

I'm interested in seeing if Star Wars breaks the record. That doesn't mean I'd be heartbroken if it doesn't. Get that through your Neanderthal skull.

>I bet your dad wished he'd worn a condom with his sister.

Edgy and projecting. Concerning combo, Mr. Fedora.
>>
>>63890173
Hi tumblr. The world wouldn't exist as it is without white males.You wouldn't have Star Wars. Or your internet. Or a car. Or indoor plumbing. Or a TV. Or agriculture. Or domesticated animals. Or Velcro, or screwdrivers. Or plastic.Or Q-Tips.

You'd have sticks. Lots of sticks.
>>
>>63889546

Totally worth it. That was one of the most fun experiences I've had at the movie theater in years.
>>
>>63893060

Then why did you say "I don't care enough."

Your backtracking is so bad. Get yourself a hook on phonics book you millenial twat.
>>
>>63893126

You realize there's a difference between "I don't care enough" and "I don't care," right? As in, I won't kill myself if TFA doesn't become the all-time box office leader, but I AM interested (as I stated before) in tracking its numbers.

You are honestly one dumb motherfucker.

>hook on phonics

Yeah, I'm definitely the one who needs help with spelling. You may actually be the biggest moron on this board, and that's saying something.
>>
>>63893229

You don't detect any nuisance in speech at all. I bet if someone says "I'm so hungry I can eat a horse." you literally jump on them about how it's impossible for a human to eat that much.

Typical Star Wars fandrone. Can't accept the reality that this won't beat Avatar. Says things like "I don't care ENOUGH, which mean I kinda care, but only if it works out the way I want."

So much failure this generation. Why don't you go back to snapchat?
>>
>>63893482
>You don't detect any nuisance in speech at all.

No, I'm definitely detecting a nuisance.

>I bet if someone says "I'm so hungry I can eat a horse." you literally jump on them about how it's impossible for a human to eat that much.

No, because I understand the difference between idioms and qualifiers.

>Typical Star Wars fandrone

Your meme labels are embarrassing.

>Can't accept the reality that this won't beat Avatar

Maybe it won't beat Avatar. Boom. Dispelled your theory of delusion.

>Says things like "I don't care ENOUGH, which mean I kinda care, but only if it works out the way I want."

Nope, it definitely doesn't mean that. If Avatar holds the record, good for Avatar. If Star Wars takes the crown, good for Star Wars.

>So much failure this generation.

Trust me, it didn't start this generation, or else extreme negative outliers on any standard deviations curves regarding intelligence would go unnoticed.

>Why don't you go back to snapchat?

Never was on it, faggot.

You're so obsessed with Star Wars not being on top that you're missing the trees for the forest and can only see the world in black and white. You're a failure and a tool. I sympathize with those who are obligated to care for you.
>>
>>63893613

You're the one seeing the world in black and white.

I want Star Wars to be #1. I admit it, but I see reality and know that it won't happen.

You however are a mouth breathing fandrone who is having trouble accepting said reality. And when someone calls you on it you get all defensive with your "I don't care ENOUGH".

Fucking sad man. Fucking sad.
>>
>>63893743

>You're the one seeing the world in black and white.

Considering I've yet to do my best broken record impersonation, I clearly don't. You being a retard doesn't mean the world is only full of retards and geniuses. It just means that you're actually retarded.

>I want Star Wars to be #1. I admit it, but I see reality and know that it won't happen.

So a "fandrone" is calling others "fandrones." Weird.

Also, I recommend learning not to make definitive statements with small subsets of data. Four days isn't enough to determine anything.

>You however are a mouth breathing fandrone who is having trouble accepting said reality.

I've already said Avatar may very well keep its spot on top of the hill. Learn to read.

>And when someone calls you on it you get all defensive with your "I don't care ENOUGH".

What the fuck is wrong with you lol. This was stated very early on in the discussion, before you called me out on anything. I asked you if you'd kill yourself if TFA doesn't come out ahead, to which you autistically and predictably replied, "nuh u XDD!" to which I replied that I'm not emotionally invested enough for you to ask me the same question.

>Fucking sad man. Fucking sad.
>yourlife.jpg
>>
>>63893868

Uh huh. Just admit it, you're gonna drink a quart of bleach if this doesn't hit #1.

For someone who doesn't "care ENOUGH" you really seem to have a vested interest in the Force Awakens box office (and me for some reason).

Take my advice and go back to instagram.
>>
>>63894088
>Uh huh. Just admit it, you're gonna drink a quart of bleach if this doesn't hit #1.

You're very intent on psychic driving (a form of projection). I'm concerned for your mental health.

>For someone who doesn't "care ENOUGH" you really seem to have a vested interest in the Force Awakens box office (and me for some reason).

I'm just enjoying "arguing" with someone as disgusting as you for a plethora of petty reasons.

>Take my advice and go back to instagram.

Fuck off, grandpa. And don't be so insecure about being too autistic to use social media.
>>
>>63894216

>Fuck off, grandpa. And don't be so insecure about being too autistic to use social media.

You just revealed your age to be between 12 and 15. Why don't you go back to r/starwars so all of your comments can be upvoted so you can jerk off tonight.

Social media is weak sauce for guys who can't get laid by just walking up to a girl.

I wonder how you even watched Force Awakens without checking your twitter every 13 seconds.

Pathetic, bro. So pathetic.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6322927
>>
>>63894366
>You just revealed your age to be between 12 and 15.

Wrong, like with everything else.

>Why don't you go back to r/starwars so all of your comments can be upvoted so you can jerk off tonight.

Way ahead of you, dickhead.

>Social media is weak sauce for guys who can't get laid by just walking up to a girl.

Of course. Everyone on social media is too beta to talk to girls in real life. This is a very accurate view of the world.

>I wonder how you even watched Force Awakens without checking your twitter every 13 seconds.

I was actually tweeting reactions the whole time.

>Pathetic, bro. So pathetic.

yourlife.jpg
>>
>These dweebs arguing

pmsl
>>
File: 1435382704097.jpg (59 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
1435382704097.jpg
59 KB, 395x401
>>63894523
>this acne-ridden, greasy lard of a waste of genetic space thinking his opinion means anything
>>
>>63894498
>I was actually tweeting reactions the whole time.

Mother of God...

I'm sorry, bro. You're one of these sad millenials that has their phone glued to their hand. You couldn't even watch a big movie without twittering and instagramming and snapchatting and whatever other lame ass shit you tweens are doing nowadays.

I should know better than to argue with a child.
>>
>>63894610
>arguing with a child for an hour
>"I should know better than to argue with a child."

You're forgiven. I figured you desperately needed the self-esteem boost.

I'm tweeting reactions to this convo right now to all my peepz lol
>>
>>63894608
:^)
>>
File: 1435485377158.jpg (144 KB, 489x332) Image search: [Google]
1435485377158.jpg
144 KB, 489x332
>>63894671
>>
>>63894656

I didn't know you were a child until you called me "gramps" and started talking about how you were tweeting during the movie.

Next time just tell people you're a millenial with a twitter account so they'll know not to bother trying to have any kind of debate with you.
>>
>>63894775
>I didn't know you were a child
>continuously referring to me as a product of "this generation" (i.e. current generation)

Nigga, your backtracking is worse than your thought process.

Also, you're as crusty as an old person, so if you're not an elderly citizen, my deepest condolences for how bitter you are before the dusk of life.

>ext time just tell people you're a millenial with a twitter account so they'll know not to bother trying to have any kind of debate with you

Nah, I'd rather you make a fuccboi out of yourself, fuccboi.
>>
I stated this in the other thread: >>63890901

The numbers mean fuck all. Keep sucking the studio dick.
>>
>>63894856

Blue alien dick tastes so much better, doesn't it, anon?
>>
>>63894850

I took a wild guess that you were a millenial, but I never would have guessed that you were a tween that was tweeting during the movie until you told me (I made some sarcastic remarks, but I didn't think they were true until you confirmed it). Again, you take sarcasm so fucking literally.

Why don't you go snapchat our discussion to your friends. Or instagram it. And you can call me "gramps" some more.

Your generation is so fucking sad. So. Fucking. Sad.
>>
>>63894926
Whatever you fancy. It's all dick.

This is what happens when people have no culture left to fight for. They start defending their favourite intellectual properties like it was their home team.
>>
>>63889792
that's not mad max in OP's pic.
>>
>>63894961
>Again, you take sarcasm so fucking literally.

Glad to see you understand the "nuisance" of sarcasm.

>Why don't you go snapchat our discussion to your friends. Or instagram it. And you can call me "gramps" some more.

Way ahead of you, fuckface.

>Your generation is so fucking sad. So. Fucking. Sad.

- t. 30-year old wizard with a toupee

Also:
>continuing to argue with a child after admitting you know better

Nice self-control, shitbird.
>>
>>63895059
>I might be a retard, b-but you're arguing with a retard!

nice
>>
>>63895117

Agreed. Those who pick on the disabled are clearly world-beaters.

>>63895047
>defending your favorite movie means you are a philistine

Interesting train of logic.
>>
>>63895059

You're right. I'd better end it now, you are just a tween after all. Have fun tweeting during movies, tv shows, while reading a book, etc.

So sad.
>>
>>63895168

I accept your surrender. Try again when the dementia goes away.

>so sad

yourlife.jpg
>>
>>63895164
>defending your favourite movies box office takings means your are a philistine

fixed that for you
>>
>>63895274

You actually fucked the sentence up, but that's okay. According to this fool's (>>63895168) testimony, Hooked on Phonics really helps you get ahead with winning arguments on a Taiwanese watercolor board.
>>
>>63895345
break it down for me then. explain like I'm retarded
>>
>>63895397
>explain like I'm retarded

Considering retards can't into grammar, that would be a Sisyphean task.

Why don't I stream Winnie the Pooh for you instead?
>>
>>63895470
oh wait, you're referring to my typo?
haha wow. That's some sophomoric shit right there.
>>
>>63895674

No, it's called grammar; it allows for significant differences in interpretation. But, of course, you being an uncultured swine means you wouldn't be able to appreciate that.

>>63895697

As the authority on suicidal levels of self-esteem, how would you recommend closing the deal?
>>
>>63895747
You seem smart enough to know when something is a typo, so I have to assume your just taking the piss mate. You may legitimately have autism and I'm sorry for that.

Keep arguing for box office takings though, if that's what gives you fulfillment in life you fucking mouthbreathing pleb.
>>
>>63890922
Uh.. No it didn't? Because you know it didn't ride on 3d or anything?
>>
>>63889546
Am I the only one who thinks her smile iss sp00ky as fuck? She looks like she is going g to bite my head off clean at the neck.
>>
>>63896026

You and I will never be mates. You're not interesting enough.

>You may legitimately have autism and I'm sorry for that.
>sympathy from the bottom of the food chain

That's rich.

>Keep arguing for box office takings though, if that's what gives you fulfillment in life

I get fulfillment from arguing with embarrassments to humanity. Thank you for being a means toward that end.

>you fucking mouthbreathing pleb
>derides philistinism
>autism short-circuits and can only blab memes

o i am laffin
>>
File: 1439844438226.jpg (87 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1439844438226.jpg
87 KB, 582x600
>>63890685
>The movie is the third best in the series
>and a good case for second best over ANH
>>
>>63896449
We'd be the best of mates, you and I.
>>
>>63896515

LONDON
>>
>>63896057
>Uh
Fuck off back to Tumblr, faggot.
>>
>>63896545
Just kidding, I'm gonna finger that boipussy you fucking nerd.
>>
>>63896766

To be honest, this thread is pretty dead and you're not nearly as much of a clown as the "millennial" guy, so I'm gonna find something more fun to do.

Take care, mate.
>>
>>63889792
You're shitting me?

Jesus Star Wars autists are the worst fucking people on earth.

Dont get me wrong TFA wasnt terrible, but how the fuck can anyone with any taste think that it is anything more than a solid sci-fi flick? There is no depth, no emotion, no real feeling to it. It is just a solid film.

Fucking geeks man I swear to God.
>>
>>63890015
It won't, it's falling fast already, it was frontloaded as fuck. Get that collage ready.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.