[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>one of, if not the biggest franchise in American movie history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: JUST.jpg (319 KB, 1820x753) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
319 KB, 1820x753
>one of, if not the biggest franchise in American movie history
>the most hyped film for well over a decade; possibly the most hyped film of all time besides TPM
>opening in over 4,100 theatres over the USA
>playing 24/7 in almost every movie theatre it's being shown in, on every screen
>huge number of presales, higher than any other movie by a substantial margin
>tens of millions of fans across the country
>the biggest marketing campaign of all time
>film's strongest market is by far the USA

>STILL can't beat Jurassic World day-for-day domestically, apart from its opening day which is bolstered by cheating Thursday evening "midnight" showings

JUST
>>
Wow, look at that fucking drop
>>
>tfw you wanted Star Wars to beat Avatar
>Not because you like Star Wars but because you dislike Cameron faggots
>>
>>63883565
>STILL can't beat Jurassic World day-for-day domestically, apart from its opening day which is bolstered by cheating Thursday evening "midnight" showings

Are you implying Jurassic World didn't have those Thursday night showings too? Because it did.

You guys are so desperate to label Force Awakens a flop that it's pathetic
>>
What a failure.
>>
>>63883812
>Are you implying Jurassic World didn't have those Thursday night showings too? Because it did.

Jurassic world didn't have 6pm Thursday showing that were rolled into Friday. It was a given that it was going to have a better opening day than jurassic world, give the franchise's huge fanbase. What's surprising is how long it took (literally one day) for it to drop below Jurassic world in day-to-day earnings.
>>
>>63883982
>Jurassic World didn't have 6pm Thursday showing

Yes it did, fucking moron. I went to one
>>
>>63883773

I don't give a shit about SW but I want it to succeed just to see /tv/ tears. In the long run I'm confident it will beat JW not so sure about Titanic or Avatar. The movie is already doing fantastically yet even faced with the facts a lot of users refuse to accept it.
>>
>>63884013
Alright it did. Do you want to respond to the rest of my post?

Why, in your opinion, has star wars dropped below Jurassic world in day-to-day to-day gross in only its second day in theatres, despite all the points in the OP?
>>
>>63884013

jurassic world only made 18 million in their midnight showings
>>
>>63884042
It failed, anon.
>>
File: 1449339799404.jpg (121 KB, 808x805) Image search: [Google]
1449339799404.jpg
121 KB, 808x805
>live in a shithole
>just one cinema near my town
>said cinema has 5 screens
>2 screens are exhibiting star wars all day, everyday
>mfw
I don't hate or love Star Wars, but any movie will make billions like this. It's almost a monopoly.
>>
File: bomb.jpg (139 KB, 974x458) Image search: [Google]
bomb.jpg
139 KB, 974x458
>>63884042

its made 100 million less than expected

this was back in august
>>
TFA is a critical and financial failure. Literally anyone who isn't actually retarded knew this would happen.
>>
I'm having serious doubts this movie is even going to outpace jurassic world at this rate desu
>>
Will it surpass Avengers?
>>
>>63883565

>estimate
>>
The predictions for the opening were absolutely batshit and there were multiple articles pointing this out months ago
>>
>>63883565
This is nothing to celebrate or gloat over, even if you hate Star Wars or Abrams

China and other int'l market are ruining blockbuster cinema because of business incentives like this

Feels bad man
>>
>>63884284

fucking this

it was too safe and people are retards with the "prequels!" in their mind

>it wasnt the prequel so it was okay!!

it had to be better than the prequels but do new great shit to reach legendary status to beat avatar
>>
FUCK
>>
File: 1386053713977.png (29 KB, 219x186) Image search: [Google]
1386053713977.png
29 KB, 219x186
>>63883565
In the end, the Jews at Disney will get their shekels from SW merchandise.
>>
>Jurassic World
A summer blockbuster that opened internationally with China

>TFA
A blockbuster opening in holiday season with China not getting it for another few weeks

And they're separated by how much at this point?
>>
>>63885823
Do the words "domestic gross" mean nothing to you?

Hint: China doesn't factor in
>>
>>63885860
We'll see m8
>>
>>63883565
I'm gonna go watch it a couple more times actually. I don't know how many people will watch it twice in theatres but it should be a decent amount of more 'hardcore' fans.

It's going to make way more money than avatar no matter what. Just from sw merchandise, video games, toys, posters and other shit. Gonna hook new kiddies to the star wars craze and revitalize old fans as well.
>>
I know a lot people who are refusing to watch the movie during the first week because of all the crazy fanboy shit

So if that can indicative of a larger population, maybe it's just that and sales over the 2 weekends will be huge
>>
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-star-wars-force-850340?utm_source=twitter

What the fuck are you talking about you uneducated spic?
>>
>>63884264
holy shit.

the great part is that these were official estimates, likely based on the performance of JW.
>>
>all these shills pushing for that $238m US prediction
>tfw it turns up being much closer to $200m
It'll be the general election all over again having labour BTFO
>>
File: JamesCameron00[1].jpg (32 KB, 425x594) Image search: [Google]
JamesCameron00[1].jpg
32 KB, 425x594
>>63884921
>implying Cameron won't come back with 3 cinematic masterpieces which also work for China and everyone else

real geniuses create their own audience
>>
>>63886515
Actually it made $238m
>>
>>63886320
Let them shitpost l, anon. It's all they have.
>>
>>63886548
it's an estimate.

I'm sure it's a solid estimate and it will be in that ballpark, but it is definitely not the final figure.
>>
>>63886548
>estimate
lol
>>
I don't understand why people defend star wars and shill for it so hard. Its pretty embarrassing really. This is just another mindless flick.
>>
>>63886702
wrong. its a step in the right direction for cultural harmony
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 360x203
This is no different than when Apple has a "bad" quarterly report, when they raked in billions and easily surpassed the YOY.

Faggot "analysts" create an echo chamber, trying to outdo each other, and then label it a failure when it doesn't meet their predictions—rather than accepting they failed in their predictions.

TFA made back its production costs in 2 days. That is success.
>>
>>63884921
>ruining blockbuster cinema
And this is bad because...?
>>
>>63886800
Yea more capshit and reboots great
>>
>>63887337
anythings better than more star wars
>>
>>63886320
>>63886430
>ignoring OP pic

Didn't know star wars fanboys were this blind.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.