[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait, so... why the fuck did they need the WHOLE map to find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (222 KB, 719x1080) Image search: [Google]
file.png
222 KB, 719x1080
Wait, so...

why the fuck did they need the WHOLE map to find Luke Skywalker? They already had the ending piece. Isn't that like, the only piece you need? It's a straight line, and you have the ending. That's literally all you need. If someone gave me a destroyed map but the destination was still marked, you don't fucking need the rest of the map.
>>
They fucking explain it in the film

The piece BB-8 had featured a star system nobody knew about. They needed the entire map to work out where the star system was
>>
>>63763342
explain this
>>63762936
>>
>>63763311

didn't you watch the fucking movie you spastic?
they needed to link the ending piece to the entire map which was the whole reason as to why BB-8 needed to return to the resistance. c3po also said the ending peice didnt match any recorded space system they know
>>
>>63763397
Considering R2 only woke up at the end of the film, I suppose episode 7 will answer that

Not EVERYTHING has to be answered in the same film. There's sequels, yeah?
>>
>>63763311

Op is the epitome of this whole board right now. Starts shitting on things when he doesnt even understand what he sees.
>>
>>63763440
Fuck off Iger
>>
>>63763593
>ask dumb question because you didn't pay attention
>2 people answer it and call you a retard, deservingly
>hurrrr fuck off
Sad.
>>
>instant travel has existed for thousands of year
>parts of the galaxy are still uncharted
I'm not buying it
>>
>>63763311
Leia should have been able to reach out and sense where he was really.
>>
>>63764295
correct, especially her fucking twin
>>
>>63764250
The Milky Way has 100 billion stars itself. Assuming they're in a similar galaxy, it'll still take some time to chart the entire galaxy down to every star system.
>>
>>63763398
part of the mid rim

HMMMMMMM
>>
File: Capture.jpg (141 KB, 1439x804) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
141 KB, 1439x804
Hey OP I got this piece of a map that shows a straight line to the end destination

You wouldn't mind finding it would you

After all you have the end piece of the map so It shouldn't be that hard to find out where It actually is in the map right

Now instead of just a little slice of the planet, we're talking an entire section of the galaxy that would contain billions of stars and planets, do you reckon you would still do it?
>>
>>63764250
It's not instantaneous, it's Faster Than Light.
>>
>>63765701
OP blown the fuck out
>>
>>63763621
>Implying I was that OP
>Implying you're not a retard

hurr more faggot
>>
>>63763398

Wouldn't matter

It'd be easy to find out which system based on observations, such as in AOTC.
>>
>>63765701

The Star Wars galaxy is pretty much mapped out as of AOTC. It might not be explored, but they know where the stars are.
>>
OP has a slight point, its baffling that the map would be fragmented anyway, regardless they could have just used the fragment over a current map of the galaxy to figure it out.

Kinda shitty
>>
File: file.png (348 KB, 527x373) Image search: [Google]
file.png
348 KB, 527x373
>>63765701
No problem family
>>
>>63765920
I admit I fucked up by choosing that section, If you reverse search the image It brings up maps of the Nepal earthquake
>>
>>63765920
KEKD AND REKT
>>
>>63764295
Just like Darth Vader found Luke without using probe droids right?
>>
>>63765920
If only they had Google a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
>>
>>63765901

AOTC did it well in that the planet was actually deleted from the database.
>>
>The part of the map was uncharted
>there are other copies of the map with that piece missing, of which the New Order got hold of, and Luke programmed into R2D2 for when the time is right (he detects the force in Rei or some shit)
Luke intentionally created a map with just that piece missing so that they would eventually find him, there's no other reason for the map to exist. placing it over another existing map would be fruitless becuase it was uncharted, charted only by Luke himself. How the New Order got a hold of another copy of the larger map is a mystery but perhaps it will be explained later. probably not though.
>>
>>63766145

No such thing as uncharted as per the PT

It hasn't been explored fully, but everything is on a map
>>
>>63766145
That sounds like something only an incompetent GM would do.
>>
>>63763398

Yeeeah, I don't get it. Nobody can work out what/where ANY of the star systems in that substantial chunk of the galactic map are? It'd be like only having the map to one US state, with all the major towns and cities marked, and saying 'Nope, no clue where he's gone'.
>>
I was honestly expecting some stupid bullshit like
>'We've found Luke, he's on a distant planet called... Earth'
>'Never heard of it'
>laughs all round
>>
>>63765920

Hahaha, BTFO. It's the same principle.
>>
>>63766180
>No such thing as uncharted as per the PT
Fuck the PT, Disney will subtly uncanonise it I guarantee it, they've already started; they explicitly state that it's uncharted,
>>63766228
GM? if it was incompetent or not isn't really a factor on whether its true, we don't know just how competent Luke these days anyway, all we know about him is that he fucked up and created another, shittier Anakin and became a hermit on a tiny little Island for a decade.
>>
>>63766368
I found that last scene really distracting though because I've BEEN there.
>>
>>63766673
Cool, where is it? It looked kind of Irish for some reason.
>>
>>63766180
Which is why the remnants of the Empire has the map. You think the Jedi just distributed copies of their archives to everyone?
>>
>>63765920
Savage
>>
>>63766777

Skellig Michael. Or Michael Skellig. It is Irish.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.