[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HAHAHAHA IT'S A CLUSTERFUCK /TV/ IS VINDICTATED AGAIN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: image.jpg (368 KB, 2400x1621) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
368 KB, 2400x1621
HAHAHAHA IT'S A CLUSTERFUCK

/TV/ IS VINDICTATED AGAIN

The tone is fucked. There is no atmosphere. It's a generic Disney action flick with Star Wars iconography plastered all over it. There is no time given to set any of the scenes or establish the characters. The score is TERRIBLE. There genuinely isn't a single memorable sequence. Character development is nonexistent and plot armour abounds. Rey is a mary sue on steroids. Finn is there to sweat and scream and take any tension away from scenes. Kylo is an angsty bitch who was only lacking a sand monologue. Every scene with Ford and Fisher was cringy as fuck.

The biggest problem was JJ though. He can't direct with any style. Everything is downhill from Jakku. His story was paint by numbers and the way he relied on MUH POETRY to justify some of the laziest writing in recent memory is bordering on offensive.

Everything is fucked. The movie literally gets worse with every scene.
>>
t. guy who liked Mad Max
>>
>calling a reboot a sequel

why is this allowed?
>>
>>63750757

>comparing the talents of JJ Abrams to George Miller

you are a part of the reason Hollywood is in its worst stages ever

you are cancer

grow up
>>
I agree with everything except the Ford and Fisher scene. It wasn't that bad. Just not great
>>
>>63750817
PFFHAHAHA I WAS RIGHT
>>
>>63750838

I'm not the OP nor have I seen Star Wars. I don't attend movies made for children.
>>
>>63750848
t. guy who watched Mad Max (a children's movie)
>>
>>63750868

sick burn!
>>
>>63750868
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
File: That1madstarwarsnerd.png (198 KB, 1329x537) Image search: [Google]
That1madstarwarsnerd.png
198 KB, 1329x537
>>63750739

Fucking cucks on /tg/ getting me banned mane
>>
>>63750823
Fisher must have had a stroke from all this cocaine
And Ford doesn't give two fuck, his scenes were straight out of the Crystal Skull
>>
eh cuck, it was good
>>
>>63750739
>The score is TERRIBLE.

I was amazed. Like 40% of it is staccato strings going DUN DUN DUN DUN (fill) DUN-DUN DUN DUN. It sounded like Williams had no space to build atmosphere.
>>
File: mmfr.png (31 KB, 740x623) Image search: [Google]
mmfr.png
31 KB, 740x623
>>63750868
You mean the objective best film of the year?
>>
>>63750924
>getting distracted from TFA-bashing by your need to defend a live-action Whacky Races movie

anon please try to focus
>>
>>63750739
Honestly. This.
>>
>>63750962
Mad Max pts - 85

Star Wars pts - 0 (zero)

Stay salty friend
>>
>>63750923
What the fuck happened there? I went in expecting everything else to be poor but not the music.

There wasn't a single musical que used well in the movie. How do you mess up that badly with the most iconic soundtrack in history?
>>
>>63750962
>live-action Whacky Races

>implying it's a bad thing
>>
i liked the movie and i enjoy all the shitposters getting mad trying to make people dislike the movie.

it was great, and no amount of shitpost is going to change that :)

stay mad forever
>>
>>63750757
You can't honestly think Star Garbage is any less video-gamey than Mad Max, can you? I understand there are lots of /v/ tourists here right now, but this is insane. Otherwise, good bait.
>>
>>63751078

you liked Avengers a lot too when it came out right?

this movie is going to be forgotten so quickly

it's shite mate
>>
>>63751078
based retard
>>
Who else knew that the tone of the entire movie was fucked when Poe was brought before Kylo and then asked him who talks first, and then told him it's hard to understand him through the mask?
>>
>>63750739
It was too "cute". There was no menace or drama. When the Rebels were sitting around the console, talking about how they were going to destroy the Death Planet, I felt an overwhelming sense that I was watching pure schlock. Constantly cringeworthy.

Still came away fairly satisfied. 6/10.
>>
>>63751078
DUDE I TAKE KIDS' MOVIES SERIOUSLY LMAO
>>
>>63751004
I only just started posting in this thread my dear friend.
>>
>>63751140

whatever you say, buddy.

i hope your mom gives you enough allowance, so you can watch it someday

:)
>>
>>63750796
>calling a sequel a reboot

star wars chill damage control
>>
>>63750817
Mad Max was shit. Miller wishes he was half the jew Abrams is.
>>
>>63750924

>muh critics
I know if i like something or not.
MAd MAx wasn't as good as Star Wars.
>>
File: 1435496252188.jpg (209 KB, 600x582) Image search: [Google]
1435496252188.jpg
209 KB, 600x582
It's JUST what I expected, this rehash is nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>63751237

i don't... that's why i enjoyed it. star wars is pure, classic fun. when i want to watch a 2deep4u movie, i watch other stuff...

don't get mad :)
>>
>>63751183

I found it more 'matter-of-fact' like veterans would approach an assault. They've been fighting the same type of battles for 30+ years.
>>
>>63751078
It's all fine JJ, just think about the money.
>>
>>63751345
what if i like both
>>
>>63751259
>>63751368
>:)
Honesly can't tell if you're baiting, or did you really come here straight from reddit.
>>
>>63751078

> :)

jesus
>>
>>63751421
you have to pick one of them in the near future because Disney is gonna flood the world with Star Wars
>>
>>63750739
but /tv/ wasn't vindicated though. I haven't seen the movie and I can tell by the desperation and reaching in all of the negative threads that /tv/ wasn't vindicated. General consensus was it was better than the prequels and that's all anybody really realistically expected. Eat a dick you deluded retard.
>>
>A MISTERIOUS REBEL HAS IMPORTANT INFO FOR BOTH SIDES
>BEFORE GETTING CAPTURED, HE HIDES IT ON A CUTE DROID IN A DESERT PLANET
>FEM SKYWALKER, A POOR HABITANT OF NOT TATOOINE, FINDS SAID ROBOT AND SAVES IT FROM BEING RAIDED
>NOT THE EMPIRE IS LOOKING FOR SAID DROID, AND A ROGUE TYPE TRAITOR
>OUR HEROES ESCAPE FROM THE DESERT PLANET USING THE MILLENIUM FALCON, ONLY TO BE TRAPPED IN A TRACTOR BEAM ON A STATION
>BUT THIS TIME IS HAN SOLO WHO HELPS THEM ESCAPE AGAIN
>AND ARRIVE INTO AN ALIEN BAR
>AND LUKE'S SABER WAS CONVENIENTLY THERE
>AND THEY ESCAPE INTO NOT YAVIN IV
>WHERE THE NOT REBELS ARE PLANNING A COUNTER ATTACK
>ON A MASSIVE NOT THE DEATHSTAR CUZ IT'S BIGGER
>AND THEY HIT IT ON A WEAK SPOT DOING A TRENCH RUN
>AND IT'S HAN I'M YOUR SON INSTEAD OF LUKE I'M YOUR FATHER
>AND THEY WIN
>BUT SOLO DED
>EVERY ONE IS HAPPY
>OR... ARE THEY?

>DID YOU FELT ALL THAT NOSTALGIA RUSHING IN? NO?
>BUY OUR PRODUCTS BITCH

It was the worst case scenario done step by step.

Disney is the Dark Side and they won.
>>
>>63751468

dude, i post here all the time.

i just find it funny that all people pissing on the movie eiter took it too seriously, or are too vague (a.k.a. haven't watch the movie)

you seriously consider star wars a franchise that should be taken "too serious"? it's a soft sci-fi family flick... always have been.

you guys look seriously retarded over analysing it.
>>
File: 1267039179581.jpg (28 KB, 362x298) Image search: [Google]
1267039179581.jpg
28 KB, 362x298
>>63750739

I really like people writing up opinions on movies that they've seen without basing it on any kind of deconstruction by actually competent people.

It's amazing how tone-deaf people are. Must be autism, the inability to judge or gradate emotional levels.

The movie was great. It was simple, and dumb, just like Star Wars is supposed to be.

It's a Disney movie, not the Usual Suspects.
>>
File: 34534.png (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
34534.png
42 KB, 300x300
>no luke meets han after 30 years scene
>>
you idiots are doing it all wrong.

wait a month until everyone is sick of the new movie, THEN bash it. that's how it was done to Marvel flicks and Nolan movies.
>>
>>63751570

>It's a Disney movie, not the Usual Suspects

ugh you just have no idea how fucking abominable your taste is do you? all of the fans of this movie are making these kinds of statements and it just looks so tellingly negative for you. if you think The Usual Suspects is an example of a good movie that is not in the same pile of trash with Star Wars then you're deluded mate. Thanks for just further confirming that Star Wars is trash made to appeal to the juvenile.
>>
To me one of the biggest problems with the movie is that being a fan of the OT is a must for liking this movie, it relies too much on nostalgia.
>>
>>63751513
>I haven't seen the movie
>Eat a dick you deluded retard

Fanboy. The movie is seriously disappointing. And no, some people were expecting the movie to be more than just better than the prequels. Meeting those terribly low standards doesn't make it good or even serviceable.
>>
>>63751345
>silly posseur meth addicts can't measure up to my CRACKCOCAINE
>>
>>63751570

dude, people here haven't watch the movie, that's why they are so vague.

they are just shitpostig waiting for the shitty cam torrent so they can watch it because they are too nerds to go outside and watch it on a theater
>>
>>63751628

Tell us more about your patrician film noir tastes, faggot.
>>
>>63751345
>>
Personally I thought it is going to be normal-shit tier. I don't like Avengers or other new Disney movies but the new Star Wars was awesome imo. I don't care what you say but for me there was atmosphere.
I think George Lucas could not create another great movie like this. Good he sold Star Wars.
>>
>>63751674
It was alright pasta. We could throw it in the freezer for a while.
>>
>>63751642
I'm not a fanboy. I won't even see the movie. You faggots with your TFA sucks threads just come off sounding like desperate children wanting it to be worse than it is. /tv/ was not vindicated even by your own inadvertent admission. The majority of predictions were that it would be worse than the prequels because MOST people just wanted something better than the prequels.
>>
File: 1444825227540s.jpg (5 KB, 223x236) Image search: [Google]
1444825227540s.jpg
5 KB, 223x236
>>63751570
you've got to be kidding. you sound so reddit it hurts.

THERE WAS SO MUCH WRONG WITH THE FILM

So many leaps of logic, bad characterisations, awful attempts at humour, Mary Sueisations and banal rehashes of the old films. So many bizarre moments.

>the first order is LITERALLY nazi germany
>the binary good v. evil framework
>the surprisingly forgettable soundtrack

Why do faggots like you suggest that this huge budget movie should be forgiven all of its faults because it's a "simple" film? Why not hire a competent writer who can construct a compelling, dramatic narrative with overtones of family and heroism?

Be part of the solution, not the problem.
>>
>>63751567
>le it's a kids film you can't criticise it defence

A "kids film" can still be a well made movie with good directing and a good story with characters that possess some gravitas. The tone of TFA is absolutely nothing like Episode IV and V which are the best of the series by a distance.
>>
>>63751567
>i post here all the time

Definitely reddit.
>>
VII is more similar in tone to III than the OT.
>>
>>63751659
Reminder that this 15 year old thought everyone hated TPM on release week
>>
>>63751570
>holding up The Usual Suspects as a barometer for great movies

Top kek.
>this is the kind of person that thinks TFA was good.
>>
File: Return_of_the_Jedi_Final_Scene.jpg (111 KB, 1214x538) Image search: [Google]
Return_of_the_Jedi_Final_Scene.jpg
111 KB, 1214x538
>>63750739

of all the possible stories they could've went with, why the fuck did they have to resort to a shitty retelling of ANH??
>>
>>63751770
>>the first order is LITERALLY nazi germany
>>the binary good v. evil framework

>this
>any bad

mm haha
>>
>>63751798

you don't even know what "tone" means in terms of movie language.
>>
File: 14374156850.png (235 KB, 396x583) Image search: [Google]
14374156850.png
235 KB, 396x583
Finn was the best part.

Debate me.
>>
>>63750739
>There is no time given to set any of the scenes or establish the characters.

Very much agree with this one. For the whole of the first half I felt like it really needed some time to breathe.
>>
>>63751852
because its save, doest require you to come up with your own shit and muh nostalgia
>>
>>63750739
the only reason you dont like this movie is because it was made by a jew, you anti semite goy
>>
>>63751852
Hollywood has been creatively bankrupt for a while.
If Jews were really so smart, we wouldn't have this reboot/sequel overload in hollywood right now.
>>
>>63751905
WE WUZ JEDI LAWDS N SHEIT
>>
>>63751893

>1 semester of media studies babby
>>
>>63751567
We're just being accurate. It's nice that you "had fun," but that doesn't mean we can't call it what it is: a generic rehashing of elements from the older movies with familiar accouterments.

If you think "it's retarded" to say "X is X", then it's time to go back to reddit or /v/.
>>
>>63750796
If they reboot'd and made Luke a woman and Han Solo black you know the backslash would be too fucking big. This was much safer.
>>
>>63751876
first movie was actually pretty low key and subtle in its villains characterizations. it had Darth Vader force-choke the fanatical guy talking about how the Death Star was now the "ultimate power in the universe", and the scene was a bunch of officers sitting around a boardroom table.

This movie had Domnhall Gleeson ranting like Space Hitler.
>>
>>63751893
>Ad Hominem
gud 1 d o g

>>63751905
From the trailers, he seems like a way better actor than some if the other schmucks they hired.
>>
>>63751905
>brainwashed since he was a child
>decides to desert and leave the first order he already has a fully formed persona
>one minute hes in a buddy comedy then next a romcom
Watch more films, kid.
>>
>>63751921
This.
As a race of parasites, kikes only know how to appropriate things that already exist.
>>
>this thread
>this amount of literally reddit shills who act as if they are the patricians for liking what at best what a medicore flick

I mean, I came away fairly satisfied, but I was drunk. But to say it was great is ridiculous.
>>
>>63750924
>Ex Machina
>Top 10
>>
>>63752054
They're dumb video-game playing tourists from /sp/ /v/ etc.
>>
>You saw Star Wars as a child and thought it was great.
>35 years later muh nostalgia. So Star Wars still seems great (It's actually very cheesy and hammy and lacking finesse etc).
>You watch TFA.
>You think it's cheesy and hammy and lacking finn'esse.

You grew up.
>>
>>63750739
>The tone is fucked. There is no atmosphere. It's a generic Disney action flick with Star Wars iconography plastered all over it.

Anyone with half a brain already knew this.
>>
>>63752098
Nah, the OT, prequels, and Ep 7 are ALL shit.
>>
>>63751893
Here comes the ad hominem attack. Top kek.
>>
>>63752147
>ad hominem
Go back to reddit
>>
>>63750739
MY wifes son enjoyed it. Get help
>>
>>63752165
false flag pls
>>
It has no atmosphere, no more fantasy, no new ships, creatures or designs. It's Episode IV copy pasta with even less interesting designs and an overdone theme, no wait, not just overdone, COPY PASTED FROM EP IV

Should just been a remake.
>>
>>63750739
>There is no time given to set any of the scenes or establish the characters. The score is TERRIBLE. There genuinely isn't a single memorable sequence. Character development is nonexistent

Seriously all of this... I'm genuinely still reeling at how bad it was. I might never watch it again.
>>
>>63751345
I've seen this 4 times now and I still laugh. I don't even like anime.
>>
>The soundtrack
>It's just the original score on a loop

HOLY SHIT they did play too safe here. Like, no imagination, creativity or anything.

Fuck Duel of Fates IS iconic and sounds Star Wars.
>>
>>63751906
The entire thing needed to slow the fuck down.

Why was the movie a nonstop action flick?

Episode 5 and, especially, Episode 4 weren't like that.

You can have action in a movie without having your characters running and screaming in every other scene.

It desperately needed moments of calm.
>>
I thought Ford was ok but Fisher was really weak. Agree with OP there is no character development and no memorable/great/holy shit scenes in the entire movie. Probably because we've seen it all in New Hope
>>
>>63750739
Confirmed for not having seen it.
>>
>>63752291
>I've seen this four times now

Maybe go back to reddit and then stay there
>>
>>63752309
>It desperately needed moments of calm.
Yeah, needed to be half an hour longer to give us some calm and atmosphere and shit.
>>
>>63752178
>my wifes son
What in the actual fuck???!
>>
>>63752165
It's time to stop posting Anon.
>>
Anyone here laughed out loud too at the last scene of this flick.
>>
>>63752428

no but I found their long staring at each other with camera rotating around pretty stupid
>>
>>63750757
>>63750868
>>63750890

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS t. MEME
>>
>>63752377
Star wars fans are cucks
>>
>>63752493
t. Reddit
>>
>>63752178
>MY wifes son enjoyed it

Stop this cucked meme for once
>>
>>63752467
I haven't seen the movie yet, but saw the scene. It reminds me of the anti "I am your father." scene. Pretty cool actually.
>>
>>63752493
It means "takbir"

t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>63752555
t. Cuck
>>
File: baitu fishu.png (85 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
baitu fishu.png
85 KB, 625x626
>>63750739
>>
>mfw The Phantom Menace objectively has more rewatchability than TFA

There's at least memorable scenes in TPM.
>dat podrace
>dat Obi Wan, Qui Gon vs Maul
>dat Duel of the Fates

There's literally nothing memorable in TFA. The scenes are going to be forgotten or confused with and blend with the 18 sequels that are on the way.

Disney made their intentions horribly fucking clear when they hired JJ to do what he does: reskin and play it safe.

The final scene with Luke was a perfect example of JJ missing the mark. That scene should have been steeped in atmosphere and emotion. What we got was Rey walking up a hill in broad daylight to find Luke pissing into the wind.
>>
>>63752309
So there are no comfy world-setting scenes?
>>
I mean come on the thumbs up lighter scene was pretty funny
>>
>>63750897
>posting movie spoilers in /tg/
>expecting sympathy

please remove yourself from premises.
>>
File: image.jpg (247 KB, 889x1272) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247 KB, 889x1272
>>63750739
http://youtu.be/o5LkDNu8bVU
>>
Considering how shitty the ST flicks were, i expected nothing better from JewJew.
>>
>>63752718
>What we got was Rey walking up a hill in broad daylight to find Luke pissing into the wind.

My first thoughts during this scene were "What is it, England? Daylight, is he in a cave?"
How disappointing
>>
Best of this week was the 4 ep premiere of The Expanse everything else is mediocre.
>>
>>63751905
Boyega was the most interesting character, barring one glaring plot-hole.
Girl-protagonist was a lost case for me the moment she turned up on screen, wearing clothes that showed half her shoulders and her calves.
>Impractical desert-garb: check
>>
>>63752789
I think the scene was cut down. They didn't realize putting a full dialogue scene at the very end of a movie might be a bad idea.
>>
The "fans" will claim this is a reboot to rationalize it

And that's what this film was.
>>
>>63752493
its finnish for "regards"
t. cultured person
>>
>>63751757
literally no one thought that it would be worse than the prequels you fucking autist. it's called a joke. the only reason they sound like desperate children to you is because they're going against the prevailing ideology, and you lack the self-awareness to realize that that's the case.
>>
File: CAN'T WAKE UP.png (1 MB, 835x815) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T WAKE UP.png
1 MB, 835x815
Han solo gets killed

Yo fuck that shit
>>
File: 1443209343733.png (351 KB, 680x455) Image search: [Google]
1443209343733.png
351 KB, 680x455
>No cool alien locations like Gungan city or Coruscant for more than 10 seconds
>No memorable soundtrack

first mgs v and now star wars vii

fuck my life up
>>
>>63752887
>I think the scene was cut down
I assume (hope?) there's at least one hour of character developpment cut down
>>
File: 1283105596169.gif (64 KB, 864x768) Image search: [Google]
1283105596169.gif
64 KB, 864x768
>>63752122
That's what he said.
IMO, Episode 4 and 5 are pretty decent movies, it's only in episode 6 and onwards that it gets really schlocky. Episode 4 and 5, and to alesser degree ep. 6, have some of the classic "hero's journey", which helps make the films enjoyable.
Where Ep. 6 goes wrong is of course in making Leia and Luke siblings WITHOUT the classic incest having taken place, just so Lucas can tie up that part of the plot, and the fucking Ewoks.
>>
>>63752736

Han and co. go to some planet to see Lupita's cgi character, and it's got loads of different aliens in it. But that's about it.
>>
>>63752952
This

Fuck these cunts. If no one knows how to make things that are good anymore, then I'm just going to have to try it myself
>>
>>63751570
Simple and dumb does not equal great. It equals a typical Hollywood blockbuster for simple minds, which happens to have the name Star Wars and a lot of hype attached to it. Maybe it's "great" if you're a teenager or a manchild.
>>
>>63753027

people know how to make good things still it's just that not many people go to see good movies. remember when Fury Road came out and it was easily the best action blockbuster released in years and it didn't make much of a profit? studios don't want movies that make millions, they have realized they can rehash nostalgia shit and make billions so why put in the effort?
>>
>>63751412
"Hay guys! It's a boos battle!"
"Ack! Another Death Star AGAIN?!?!"
"No! This one is bigger! See here's the Death Star and here is Star Killer! Bigger! BIGGER!"
"Pffft! Who cares! Isn't it a mid-tier boss at this point?"
"Don't worry guys, we will do what we always do..."
"ATTACK ITS WEAK SPOT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE!"
"Oh yeah! That's what we always do!"
>>
>>63751585
Haven't seen it yet but this makes me annoyed.
>>
File: robert.png (1 MB, 764x653) Image search: [Google]
robert.png
1 MB, 764x653
>>63753002
>this is 10 years old
oh my
>>
>hurr we're /tv/ and we hate the new star wars because we're sooo contrarian and have superior taste, now let's make some nice memes
>>
>>63751161
Straight out of Hardware Wars tbqh
>>
>>63753103
this model has to collapse eventually
>>
>>63750739
torrents when?
>>
>>63753148

you get
>Finn meets Poe and instantly become best buddies for life
scene instead

isnt it great ?

>>
This is the first movie I go to watch to the cinema in a decade and was utterly disappointed.
I think I even enjoyed the prequels more, at least they had good lightsaber battles.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 320x180
>>63751585
That sucks mushroom penis. :,(
>>
>>63752357
How long will this argument hold up?

>TFA was a bit shit. Here's why...
>y-you haven't seen it
>>
File: james_cameron[1].jpg (47 KB, 307x409) Image search: [Google]
james_cameron[1].jpg
47 KB, 307x409
>>63753027
>If no one knows how to make things that are good anymore

ummmmm
>>
>>63753307
>at least they had good lightsaber battles.

inb4 people say they didn't
>>
>>63753253

I dunno. That'd be nice but it seems like a fantasy at this point. I don't see what motivation studios would have to make movies that don't guarantee a return in the billions. I don't like giving in to lamenting the whole current state of things cause it's usually bullshit but I really can't see an escape from this anytime soon.
>>
File: 1449432706698.jpg (109 KB, 901x883) Image search: [Google]
1449432706698.jpg
109 KB, 901x883
>>63753208
>>
>>63752736
There literally isn't. The gang zoom around on the millennium falcon before they get attacked, and then they fuck off again.
>>
File: jedi.gif (1 MB, 300x247) Image search: [Google]
jedi.gif
1 MB, 300x247
so i heard the movie rehashes stuff from the old movies ... does it have a duel-of-fates-moment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5ZY8Fz9GGU
>>
If this was a remake of number 4, does that mean the next movie will start out on an ice world with even bigger AT-ATs?
>>
>>63753339

they did, it was one of the few interesting things about them

TFA lightsaber fight was not only badly written but choreography wasnt good eighter
>>
>>63750739
OP is right. 8/10 for the movie for me. Boyega, Driver and Rey are great actors.
>>
>>63753408

no, TFA doesnt have any iconing music nor good fight scene
>>
>>63753352
it's reasonable to say at this point that Star Wars will underperform people's wilder expectations. the thing is that each franchise only gets a limited number of chances to deliver something genuinely good - capeshit is different to Jurassic World and Star Wars because the different properties can feed off each other and continuity isn't important. The next Star Wars and Jurassic movies will not beat their predecessors, and diminishing returns will start to set in.
>>
General Hux was awful. Also not enough space battles.
>>
>>63750739
Just came back from the theatre. Op is right. I was bored so hard in the middle. I like Poe Dameron. I like that they didn't fuck up Luke. I like that Harrison Ford finally got things the way he wanted to. That's about it. I'm still looking forward to 8. But i think this was the most boring SW film after attack of the clones.
>>
>>63751628
>getting angry over a children's movie
>>
>>63753532

>I like Poe Dameron

/tv/ seems agree he is the only genuinly good thing in the movie
>>
File: 1440233072675.jpg (68 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
1440233072675.jpg
68 KB, 500x348
>>63751345
>The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online
>>
>>63753232
Welcome to 4chan! Get the fuck out.
>>
>>63753307
JJ even fucked up the lightsaber duals here. They lack the character or the weight of the Originals and intricacy of the Prequels. That shit fight in the snow will be forgotten within a year. Whatever you, or anyone, thinks of Phantom Menace, people remember that fight at the end (because it memorable(!))
>>
HAHAHA HERE'S MY OPINION

I'M VINDICATED AGAIN IN MY OPINION
>>
>>63753339

Nah they were shit senpai

absolutely no threat in them at all, constantly taking you out of the film with beyond belief improbable situations (that whole grevious shit) combined with retarded additions clearly put there just so the fight could end having previously shown their heroes to be literally indestructable (''i have the high ground'')
>>
>>63750739
I agree. I was so upset.

I hate JJ Abrams and Disney so damn much.
>>
So rey learns like 10 minutes ago that the force and jedi are actually real and by the end of the movie she can already mind trick people, pull shit to her and read people's minds?

Man, her midichlorians must be through the roof
>>
>>63752533
>>63752601
these people are retards

>>63752918
t. benis XD
>>
bunch of fucking weapons on this board ITS FUCKING STAR WARS what were you going in there expecting synecdoche new york in space?
>>
>>63753775
i didn't mind that scene too much. I still believe she's related to luke in some way. I bet she knew him when she was young, saw him performing that trick and in that moment just thought why not try it. The film had a bunch of problems but rey being a force genius was none of them imo.
>>
>>63751161
the tone was fucked earlier when poe first meets kylo before all the sand planet people are genocided. i forget what he said. it was that bad
>>
>>63753775
JJ just doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>63753843
>The film had a bunch of problems but rey being a force genius was none of them imo.
I thought the force genius thing was easily the worst part of the movie. The other problems felt minor compared to that.
>>
>>63752601
WE
>>
Abrams must be one of the laziest directors out there. and to have done so well is criminal.
the behind the scenes footage of guys like cameron, jackson and even lucas shooting these mega projects shows how much energy and attention they need invest in the whole thing.
Abrams seems less involved than pretentious hack Nolan
>>
I agree with most of the points OP made, barring Kylo Ren and there being "no memorable sequences", I felt like the scenes he was in were the redeeming quality of the movie, he seemed like an actual CHARACTER, with a tangible motivation and a tangible and authentic emotional conflict, unlike everyone else who either ruined their character through terrible acting (Han Solo, Leia, Finn) or by being a bland, boring character with no features whatsoever (Rey, Poe Dameron, General Cuck)
>>
File: redpanda6.jpg (94 KB, 788x591) Image search: [Google]
redpanda6.jpg
94 KB, 788x591
who is reys mentor - who teaches her all the jedi stuff and lightsaber fighting?
>>
>>63752736
>So there are no comfy world-setting scenes?

There are two:
Rey before she bobsleds down a sand dune and meets BB-8.
Rey when she sees a lot of green for the first time.

Maybe Maz Kanta's place too, YMMV.
>>
>>63751345
>>63753645
Honestly, if you're a Star Wars fan then Sword Art Online is probably about your speed.
>>
>>63753935
they skip all that boring stuff . the same way the spider man reboot avoided everything that sam raimi got tangled up in
>>
>>63753935
The Plot
>>
>>63752931

I cannot fucking believe this is floating around already, so glad I saw it today. Poor America.
>>
>>63753935
feminism
>>
>>63753002
To be fair, Lucas said kissing in star wars was a metaphor for sex which implies Luke and Leia fucked on Hoth when she was mad at Han.
>>
File: sandnigger.jpg (275 KB, 1052x591) Image search: [Google]
sandnigger.jpg
275 KB, 1052x591
>>63753992
>>63754002

well i thought master-student stuff was important...
>>
>>63753675
>That shit fight in the snow will be forgotten within a year
that's the point.
so they can repeat it next christmas

thor 1, thor 2, iron man 1, iron man 2 and so on
>>
>>63753482
This is actually true. There is not a single iconic or truly memorable scene in the movie. People will remember that Han dies but only because it'll impact the next movies. If this was a stand alone film then everything in it would be forgotten.

>"I really liked the bit with..... um, the characters in that place..... And my favourite part was the scene where..... er.... the dog fights were quite good. I liked that reference to the other movie. And I liked that character who's name I can't remember. How did it end again?
-audiences in a few weeks
>>
File: Kornheiser_Why.jpg (73 KB, 600x1040) Image search: [Google]
Kornheiser_Why.jpg
73 KB, 600x1040
>>63751585
>No "Han, old buddy, do you read me"
>>
idk, i liked it

went there for the special effects and stuff, not really for the story

was watching episode 4-6 again, and well, comparing only the story, i'd say the new one comes pretty close. Just don't expect the best of the best
>>
>>63754090
>Puts IM 1 with it's sequel and Thor movies.
>>
>>63751905

You're actually right
>>
>>63754137
missing the point
>>
Which members of the OT will survive this trilogy?
I vote Leia but with a twist: Luke fakes his death on ep.9 and creates a Jedi Academy in secret.
>>
>>63751078
Same.
>>
>>63753698
Refute it. Anons that liked it aren't offering up many reasons *why* they liked it. Those that think it's disappointing have given reasons why it was poor.

The best defences for the movie so far has been
>you can't criticise or over think it cause it's a kids movie
>you shouldn't take it seriously
>it's supposed to be a dumb action flick; that's what Star Wars is
>>
>We have to wait for the next movie to actually find out what the fuck Luke was up to

Fuck Jew Jew.
>>
>>63751585
there's enough fan service for your dad
this is for the children
>>
>>63751905
>Finn was the best part.

Absolutely.

>Who talks first? Do I talk first?
>You need a pilot.../I need a pilot...
>Stay calm. Stay calm.
>I can do this.
>I’m in charge now!

dat thumbs-up lighter scene
dat runs to rescue Rey but stands back impressed and then gets knocked the fuck out
dat jacket suits you shit
>>
Who is the JarJar of the new movie?
>>
My wife's son really enjoyed it. His father just got out of jail and she was going to meet him, so she bought me and the kid tickets to keep us busy. She's such a thoughtful and wonderful woman, I'm so lucky to have her.
>>
So, how come Mary Sue knew how to use jedi mindtricks?
>>
>>63754256
he was just doing a yoda

i.e. being angsty when he's clearly the one who is most likely to be able to help the situation
>>
>>63754288
finn
>>
It seems like you guys hate this movie because everyone else likes it.
>>
>>63754278
>>Who talks first? Do I talk first?

That was Poe, my bad.
>>
>>63751970
>still nothing
No surprise though
>>
>>63754295
the force awakened
>>
>>63754297
Yoda had no fucking Republic to help him.
>>
>>63754295
Female intuition. :)
>>
Luke is going to peace out from life and hang around as a force ghost. He is essentially going to be a combination of Obi Wan and Yoda to Rey so i makes sense
>>
>>63754295

Instinct.
>>
>>63751137
i absolutely can think that, the new mad max was fucking horrible and shot like it was filmed by a crackhead. im sure the new star wars at least has tolerable camera angles and edits.

i swear sometimes its so blatantly obvious who on this board has no basic understanding of what makes a good movie
>>
>>63754261
To HELL with the children, what do they know about movies?
>>
>>63754335
there didn't seem to be much of republic
why were they still called the resistance
why is someone able to build a fortress around a star

they were clearly still in transition
>>
>>63751585
This made me so upset.
>>
File: ReyHS-Fathead.png (393 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
ReyHS-Fathead.png
393 KB, 450x600
Praise our Jedi Rei Ayanami
>>
File: 1423195611548.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
1423195611548.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>63750739
Why are you reddit /v/igin film school dropouts so desperate to nitpick flaws in a children's movie? Are all of you still buttblasted that you were wrong as usual? Is it "cool" to be contrarian among an anonymous group of nobodies? In the end, this film will still make 100x whatever you'll make in your lifetime. Get fucked, wannabe patricians/cucks.
>>
>>63753825
This argument would make sense if A New Hope and Empire weren't FAR better than TFA.

They're not masterpieces by any means. But they are made competently with a clear vision, phenomenal music and iconic scenes.

TFA falls short in every way.
>>
>>63754382
That's on Jew Jew bad writing.
>>
>>63754297
>he was just doing a yoda
No. He was doing a Dooku. He got pissed after Kylo killed all the young Jedi at the academy, but Luke was literally the final one, so he couldn't afford to fall to the dark side (which going on a revenge crusade would lead him to), so he went away to meditate and cleanse himself.

He then feels Han's death, awakens R2 and has Rey bring him the saber
>>
I fucking hate this place. Why do I come back? It's the exact same as reddit, just shit content and a bunch of retards posting meaningless shit. There's no real discussion or anything, on reddit it's all 100% positive because they just want to act like fan girls and show off their bb 8 artwork and here it's as negative as possible because people here like to think they know what they're talking about and have some type of infallible taste. They're both equally wrong and retarded.
>>
>>63754335

The strength of the Republic is insignificant next to the power of the Dark Side.
>>
>>63754390
think star wars will make more than 5,200,000
>>
>>63753843

>I'll try mind control, that's a good trick!
>>
>>63754371
>the new mad max was fucking horrible and shot like it was filmed by a crackhead.

how can anyone's taste be this awful?
>>
>>63754333
>>63754338
>>63754351

That's pretty fucking weak.

If she already knows all these things what is even the point of training with Luke?
>>
>>63754422
check this thread senpai, it has actual discussion >>>63749053
>>
>>63754416
>Dooku

When did Dooku do this? Dooku fell.
>>
-Kylo spoiled brat raging
-stormtroopers turn around

my sydes
>>
>>63754480
>name da one ting you like and 1 u didn't
>"actual discussion"
The sensibilities of neo star wars fans everyone
>>
>>63750796

Remeber The Thing "prequel"?

I laffed and laffed.
>>
>>63754480
Hey, thanks man. You're alright.
>>
>>63754478

So her training can rhyme with Ben Solo's for maximum pottery of course.
>>
>>63753843
She's clearly his daughter.

Her mary-sue-ness was definitely a problem. There's no room for character development for her or a sense of vulnerability. I'm not a fanboy but she was showing Han how to pilot the falcon for fucks sake. Her character was fast tracked in every way. How is there supposed to be any tension surrounding her when she's already defeated Kylo within literally 30 seconds of picking up a lightsaber.

I don't know why JJ made her this way. Were they so scared of creating a weak female lead that they went completely over the top? It's the only reason I can come up with.
>>
>>63754462
POTTERY
>>
>>63754496
>When did Dooku do this?

Before he fell. Dooku fails. Luke might've failed also, since he decides to resurface after Han's death.
>>
>>63754517
>disney hired a boring comedian instead of a writer/director
>>
>>63751345
Who cooked this pasta, it's tasty
>>
>>63754422
because you never actually left
stop pretending you're on the fence too. your post is very transparent
>>
>>63754518
>"neo star wars fans"
Please, jam two pencils as far up your nose as possible and go headbutt a desk.
>>
>>63754478
It's like a superpower faggot.

Do you think someone trained spiderman as well?

fuck off
>>
The thing you need to realise is that except for a few older actors performances, ANH is fucking shit.
>>
>lucasfilm logo comes on
Massive applause

>the falcon is revealed
Massive applause

>Han and chewy step in
Massive applause

>r2 shows up
One guy clapped

>end credits roll
Massive applause

>Leia shows up
No clapping

>Luke gets found
No applause

I'm not even American, this was Melbourne imax. Apparently Australians like the lucasfilm logo more than luke Skywalker, someone should tell Disney this, there could be a movie to make around the logo.
>>
>>63754633
>The Force is like a superpower
>I have never watched Star Wars in my whole life

Also, even the X-Men need training you autist.
>>
>>63754683
I was at melbourne IMAX and I didn't have any of that. There was one autist that kept giggling at everything, pissed me off.
>>
>>63754318
Nah, people have offered reasons why they didn't like it.

I avoided all critic and audience reviews before seeing it and I thought it was really bad.
>>
>>63754683
We had one or two autists shout out at the opening crawl and then a little bit of applause at the end credits here, which I came on here expecting to be bad but some of the shit other people have been talking about is ridiculous.
>>
>>63754627
My opinion doesn't matter shit. It's just this place is ridiculously up it's own ass. Or else it's being ironic, because that's acceptable as comedy now. And reddit is just fanboys too terrified to point out any flaws
>>
>>63754633
But she went off to train with Luke at the end. Are you retarded?
>>
>>63754708
Did you miss the part where Luke is the best pilot in the Rebel alliance despite having no combat experience and had never flown an x-wing? Did you miss the part where Anakin won a podrace and took down a capital ship as a nine year old due to the force?
>>
>>63754390
>another anon who thinks it was good but gives no reasons why

>if anyone has a different opinion to me they must be contrarians
>>
>>63754683
Holy fuck, I would hate to go to an American cinema.
Besides some random kid asking questions to his mom, everyone was silent through the whole movie here.
>>
>>63754805
In the uk people kept waiting for after credits scenes
>>
File: Laurence Fishburne.jpg (8 KB, 188x188) Image search: [Google]
Laurence Fishburne.jpg
8 KB, 188x188
>>63754633
>It's like a superpower faggot.

No it isn't. It's like metaphysical Kung Fu.
>>
File: 1450389128788.jpg (128 KB, 1014x402) Image search: [Google]
1450389128788.jpg
128 KB, 1014x402
Marry, Fuck, Kill GO!
>>
>>63754895
don't care just kill ewan macgregor
>>
>>63754895

These characters are all male, so I wouldn't be marrying or fucking any of them because I'm a straight man.
>>
>>63754895
Marry Obi-Wan, fuck Poe and kill Lando. Sorry Lando, not a long term partner and not as fine as poe.
>>
>Luke learns how to force mind-control some pig-man guard after long and hard training with yoda, the oldest jedi master alive.
>Rey can just do it anyways LOL it's in you are heart if you #believe guuurl
>>
Just came back from a afternoon screening in germany. Mixed age, many families. Didn't applaud once. There was some laughing here and there, mostly in the beginning. But at the end credits the room was dead silent for about half a minute with nobody moving. It felt like everybody was asking themself if that was really it. Then people started leaving. Some guys next to me started talking how episode 8 might be cool if that and that happened.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.