[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Review embargo ends tomorrow! Rottentomatoes predictions GO!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 7
File: nSqrbKWe.jpg (147 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
nSqrbKWe.jpg
147 KB, 600x400
Review embargo ends tomorrow! Rottentomatoes predictions GO!

It will get 75%-85% it will be serviceable and enjoyable but no ones going to be impressed or blown out of their seat besides band wagon fans and "lol im so nerd culture i own darth vader pajamas!" who are incapable of having taste
>>
84%
>>
>>63685582
probably. if it gets 90 or above Ill be extremely impressed
>>
It'll be in the high 90s because austists will think its the best thing ever that came out of Disney's ass.
>>
>>63685568

6/10 will be the objectively accurate score, regardless of paid reviews and what paid websites say
>>
>>63685568
Can't wait for Armonds review
>>
It'll get a 98% or something. I mean Creed got a 93%.
>>
Now that I think about it, 90 or higher.

Star Trek 2009 got 94, and STID got over 80% (despite seemingly everyone nothing about it).

It's gonna happen
>>
96%

Everyone who has already seen it loves it, and even if it was just decent, it would still get more than 90% just for being better than the prequels.
>>
it will be in the low 80s because it will please everyone, if you love it, you'll just think some slightly underrated it or are trying to be contrarian, if you hate it, you'll think they are fans who bought into the hype or are reliving their childhood.
>>
it'll get a 70 and will be blunder of the century
>>
>>63685754
But Creed is good
>>
>>63685713
>>63685754
You guys really think that? I think everyone is set up to be inevitably disappointed, and the general consensus will be "it was alright" Its impossible to live up to its hype

>>63685766
yah but there were no expectations for star trek
>>
92%

average rating: 6.9/10
>>
>>63685568
Around 60%, and that's REALLY pushing it
>>
>>63685568
It will get at least a 91%.
>>
>>63685838
Have you even read the reactions? Everyone praises it and calls it better than the prequels and ROTJ.
>>
Let's be honest, the masses won't give it a critical eye till like a few months later
>>
>>63685568
I get the feeling the peoples score could get raided with negative reviews either by trolls, or fanboys mad they killed Han and/or no luke
>>
You contrarians are hilarious. Everyone will call JJ the savior of Star Wars and the movie will get a best picture nomination.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/oscars-star-wars-force-awakens-848906
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/dec/15/oscars-star-wars-the-force-awakens-scott-feinberg
>>
Marvel movies get over 90%. Rotten Tomatoes is fucking dead.
>>
File: duracell.png (185 KB, 780x338) Image search: [Google]
duracell.png
185 KB, 780x338
D U R A C E L L
U
R
A
C
E
L
L
>>
>>63685568

doesn't the embargo lift at midnight?
>>
>>63685920
Marketing scam or something else. Don't judge it until you see it for yourself.
>>
I predict that every review will menition it being better than the prequels.
>>
Remember first Interstellar screening and initial reactions to that?

62% at best
>>
>>63685920

>ROTJ is bad meme

When did this become a thing? I know it's the weakest of the OT, but it's competing with fucking ANH and ESB. It's not terrible by any metric.

>muh ewoks

Not great, but only neckbeard autists let ewoks drag the whole fucking movie down. Especially when Jedi is where such classics as Jabba, Slave Leia, Sheev, speeder bikes, "That thing's operational", etc. all come from.
>>
79% just low enough for the fanboys to go apeshit and send death threats to critics
>>
>>63686122
I assume. I'm not really sure that the reviews will be posted immediately though. Could be late into tomorrow before we see the score start to settle
>>
>>63686191

I'm guessing some will be. Critics usually jump pretty quickly when embargoes are lifted.
>>
>>63686143
no one said it was bad. It was certainly the worst of the original trilogy though. All he said was that people said the new movie was better than rotj.
>>
>>63685568
You're probably about right, OP. Maybe a little lower.
>>
Because its star wars, it wont be reviewed. it will only be compared. Not that journalists are capable of reviewer anything without comparing anyway.
>>
http://www.geekster.be/star-wars-vii-the-force-awakens-a-new-generation-a-new-beginning/

>7.5
>7.5
>7.5
>7.5
>7.5
>7.5
>>
>>63686127
>>63686143
I haven't seen the movie yet. I am just telling you what most people who have seen and commented on it have said about it. In fact, the most critical opinion was "it's okay".
It doesn't even matter how good or bad it actually is, there is no way the RT score is going to be lower than 90%.
>>
>>63686300
and don't forget about all that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ xD
>>
>>63686262
>dƩjƠ vu

Most accurate verdict
>>
>>63686262

story got 5/10
>>
>>63686262
that's a good score for a movie. Back to /v/.
>>
>>63686262
>Kylo Ren [...] conflicted, torn between the different legacies he carries on his shoulders.

Spoilers confirmed
>>
>>63686435
See >>63686373
>>
>>63686442
does he die?
>>
>>63686525
no they set him up to be a hero in the sequels
>>
>>63686525
No, but he is torn apart because of his father
>>
>>63686629
eh. Hopefully theyll replace him with a villain whos not a scrawny little faggot.
>>
i think it's going to get an 92% and a lot of people will praise JJ
>>
68%

screencap this
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (175 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
175 KB, 1366x768
>>63686871
done. prepare to eat shit faggot
>>
>>63685568
So Jurassic park?
>>
Episode 7: 85-90%
Episode 8: 93-97%
Episode 9: 70%, though in a perfect world it would be lower because fuck Colin Trevorrow
>>
>>63686943
>Mega64

haha! Back to Reddit!!!
>>
>>63686967
yah basically
>>
>>63686772
Read these compiled reviews from Le Reddit: http://millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2015&t=9824

It is pretty much Prequel-tier
>>
except /v/ posts about mega64 frequently autismo
>>
>>63685568
will get 100% because hype. rt is shit.
>>
>>63687048
>>63687001
whoops
>>
>>63685568
72% I am from the future. I know these things.
>>
>>63685568
FIRST REVIEW'S OUT, BOYS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjruXf5lRMM
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 300x279
99%
>>
>>63687131
whos this meme spewing faggot and who gave him permission to leave tumblr?
>>
>>63687131
>Literally wearing metaphorical nostalgia goggled
Dropped
>>
>>63687131
Literally CA tier
>>
>>63685568
>It will get 75%-85% it will be serviceable and enjoyable but no ones going to be impressed or blown out of their seat besides band wagon fans and "lol im so nerd culture i own darth vader pajamas!" who are incapable of having taste

Isn't that true with any media nowadays? The same tropes in media have been recycled a million times, and people in general are so desensitized to everything.
>>
75 RT

63 Meta

BOOKMARK THIS
>>
90% + because most people will be too scared of being branded racist. JJ knew what he was doing.
>>
i'm expecting it to be fun and pretty good, a lot like his star trek movies
>>
High 90s, Disney probably paid off most of the reviewers.
>>
It's guaranteed to be high 60's, low 70's

Average rating, a large number of positive reviews from people who are JUST HAPPY TO SEE STAR WARS AGAIN, a smaller number of nitpicking negative reviews for page clicks
>>
>there are people who still look at the Tomatometer instead of the Avg. Rating

Why?
>>
My prediction is 6/10, even though it will be a 7/10 movie. Because as we all know critics will rip this movie to shreds. It wont live up to the hype, how could it? people are making this out to be the greatest movie ever. once people realize that it's going to be a decent movie but not the masterpiece the were expecting, they will lose their minds. trust me people will be disappointed.

I don't have hopes for it being better than the original triology. but I really believe these will be better than the shitty prequels.
>>
>>63688145
This. If everyone gives it a 6/10, it would be 100%, right? And yet it's just a 6/10 movie.
>>
91%
>>
redditfag saw it and he thought it was fluff with no substance.
>>
95%
>>
>>63688292
source ??
>>
>>63685754
Creed was predictable but did very well with what it had to work with
>>
>>63688181
>I don't have hopes for it being better than the original triology
It's already confirmed better than ROTJ, which is trash.
>>
It'll probably be a 92%

It'll definitely be better than the shitty prequels and it definitely won't be as good as Empire or a New Hope. The only question about the film really will be is it better or worse than ROTJ.
>>
>>63688181
I'd love to be proven wrong and get a classic Star Wars film. But is there a shred of evidence to suggest it will be a classic?

The trailer? There were some neat shots, but lots of shitty films had exciting trailers. Phantom Menace immediately springs to mind.

The writers? JJ has never written a truly great script. I'd argue the closest he came was the breddy gud script for "Regarding Henry", but that was flukey and happened decades ago.

Kasdan wrote two classic films, Empire and Raiders, but he's been in deep freeze (or a Big Chill, as it were) for decades. The last project he worked on was a Diane Keaton weepy flop called "Darling Companion".

The director? Again, JJ has done nothing new, inventive, or enduring in his career. His films have a fun pace and lots of kinetic energy, but they're merely above average for an action director. He doesn't seem to have the genius eye of Spielberg or the imagination of young Lucas.

All in all, you're basing your prediction on nothing more than hope. Which is okay I guess, because I'm hoping too... But I don't expect anything other than a nostalgic, fast-paced romp through the Star Wars universe.

If you're hoping for the magic discovery of A New Hope or the spiritual depth of Empire, I'm afraid you're likely to be disappointed.

Just go in hoping for fun, which is what I'm hoping we get after the dreary death march that was the prequel era.
>>
>>63687131
>there are people like this

embarrassing
>>
>>63688400
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/3wv3c2/gameday_thread_star_wars_premiere/cxzkmy3 here ya go, looks pretty meh from what I read.
>>
>>63685736
>stating a score before the movie comes out
>objectively accurate score

That's about as far from objective as you can get.
>>
>>63686058
>The first was special because it was so unlike anything that had preceded it, while the current film is special because it evokes the original. But I think The Force Awakens could resonate with the Academy, too, seeing how much that organization

There's no chance. Avatar at least was an original property.

Even an article attaching it to the Oscars admits it's a rehash. This won't be pretty.
>>
>>63686076
That just means they have good mass appeal. It doesn't mean the reviewers think they're masterpieces. The average ratings are important too.
>>
>>63686058
It's literally a rehash of the older movies, in every single way. Not much original shit here.
>>
>>63686968
Looper is fucking awful, especially the script. Remember when the third act became about two new characters and shit the bed? He's just as big a warning sign as Trevorrow.
>>
FRIENDLY REMINDER to downvote the movie into oblivion on all major review sites. spread this!
>>
>>63689858
>>63689194
Hello friends!

This is a neighborly reminder that only dark sided redditors post spoilers without a tag!

Spoiler tags are in the sidebar and look like this when you post:
It will show up like this

Han and Leia die

Don't ruin stuff for other people, or you'll be frozen in carbonite (aka, a ban).

Seriously though, if you're at all questioning whether something is a spoiler or you might not be sureā€”USE THE SPOILER TAG OR YOU'LL GET BANNED.
>>
>>63685568

I think there's no way most critics haven't been bought by now. Disney won't allow any critics to make a bad review otherwise the merchandise won't sell.

So I predict the movie will be rated 92% even though everyone will say it's shit or mediocre.
>>
95%
8/10 average
>>
File: Forty_keks.jpg (16 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
Forty_keks.jpg
16 KB, 292x257
>>63689910
>2015
>still believing the bought critics myth
>>
>>63685568

I think it will be the highest grossing movie of all time.
>>
It'll be in the mid 90's and redditors will rave about it, despite the fact that in terms of story it is a shameless rehash of 1977, and JJ had no balls to actually take things in a new direction.
>>
>>63685568
I'm going to say 89%, there will be some contrarians, and some who simply didn't like it, but the hype is too real and that always blinds in the short term. I mean those absolutely dreadful Hobbit movies managed good reviews, and they are completely unwatchable filth.
>>
>>63685568
rotten tomatoes is shill, look at the avengers 1 & 2 ratings for god's sake
>>
>>63690075
Literally everyone has known Ford wanted out since fucking forever, Dad
>>
>>63690019
There's always a narrative to follow and there are few that dont get bought
>>
>>63690117
That's why he came back after another 20 years or so, right? Makes perfect sense.

>Moooom, they're making me star wars againnn

Grow up, he needs money.
>>
TAR WARS
A
R

W
A
R
S
>>
I really hope people see past their nostalgia and realize what a fucking shit this movie is for copying A New Hope, among other things.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.