[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hunger Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10
File: 1442306412283.jpg (75 KB, 1240x775) Image search: [Google]
1442306412283.jpg
75 KB, 1240x775
What's the appeal of these movies?
>>
Jennifer Lawrence is gorgeous, cool action scenes, and interesting plot.
>>
I haven't watched them but they do they actually show them killing each other?
>>
>>62906784
It's Disney, of course they don't.

Or if they do, it's offscreen murder.
>>
>>62906763
Nothing, I dropped the series halfway through the first movie
>>
Because women are told it's interesting to them, therefore it is interesting to them.
>>
>>62906763
I went and saw the first one because I thought it'd be similar to Battle Royale, turns out they spend over half the movie leading up to the games and then the violence is pretty tame.
Not that I expected it to be a hardcore gorefest, but it definitely put me off the others.
>>
>>62906763
If you start wondering about the appeal of Hunger Games, you should also start wondering about the appeal of 90% of Hollywood production, and it would take a lifetime. It's not worth it, anon.
>>
The action scenes are alright, I also like the visual design of the traps and the whole the theme of propaganda and manipulation.

The rest just isn't my cup of tea.
>>
I watched the first movie and was put off the rest of the series because the "violence" was way too tame for a movie about killing people.
>>
Poor man'S Battle Royale.
>>
>>62906763
>girls can like action movies too >:3
>>
>>62906838
Even down to the sequel being the exact opposite of what people came to see the first for
>>
I saw the first movie and it was fun to watch. The universe is pretty interesting.
>>
>>62906763
>>62905421
>>
File: 1446867468101.gif (493 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
1446867468101.gif
493 KB, 500x270
>>62906807
Underrated post among underrated posts.
>>
File: disguy.jpg (177 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
disguy.jpg
177 KB, 500x667
>>62906763
People say they copied battle royale and combined it with most other common themes to make a trilogy.

I say theyre wrong because unlike Battle Royale, supporters of the fighters in Hunger Games can send in make-up kits etc and people can disguise themselves. Makes for awesome fighting.
>>
>>62906763

Now I don't LOVE these movies, and I'm not going to be watching Mockingjay part 2 because I was disappointed in the last film and it's boring to me now.

The action was mediocre and the actors were mediocre.

What I was interested in was the dystopian society in the Hunger Games universe. Seeing the capital city and all the districts was cool as fuck. Seeing the wealthy elite in the capital interacting and what they do with their wealth was cool as fuck. Unfortunately all of that lasts maybe 20 minutes in all of the films thus far.

>>62906784
>>62906794

They do show kids getting killed. Some deaths happen off screen some happen on screen. It's not saw level gore, it's about on par for any pg-13 action film. I don't see why it's an issue though, who the fuck is watching these films to see children die lol
>>
>>62906989
I think you're just being a jester but I liked the idea of environmental hazards at least
>>
What's the appeal of any modern movie aimed at teenagers? They're specifically designed for them to easily project themselves into the main characters. That's literally all there is to it. The first Hunger Games was a bland piece of shit that you could feel trying to be as meaningful as Battle Royale, but keeping a rating so that teens could actually go and see it forced otherwise.
>>
>>62907001
>oh man a movie where people are forced to kill each other in a televised sequel
>WHY WOULD YOU WATCH IT FOR THE DEATHS LOL FAGGGGGGGGGG
Wow man
>>
File: 1447780902865.jpg (65 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1447780902865.jpg
65 KB, 512x512
PRIMROSE
R
I
M
R
O
S
E
>>
Because it's famous, and normies love famous things
>>62906772
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>62907024

Do you watch war movies for the sole purpose of seeing how good deaths are? Some of the best war films are classics that show nothing more than a gun shot and the person falling down.

It's a pretty pleb reason as to why a movie is good or not.
>>
>>62907102
I didn't say anything about the movie's quality, I just said that I went because it was shilled as Battle Royale 2.0 and it turns out it's a boring as fuck dystopian thriller with not even some violence to make up for it.
I bet you're one of the same people that defend Twilight as a "comfy" movie lol
>>
>>62907133
Agreed. I would've actually seen Mockingjay 2 if it were Rated R like everyone thought it would be because the book was so violent. But no, they still rated it PG-13 just to get the idiot normie teen audience to see it without parents.
>>
>>62907133

I'm not even defending hunger games to begin with. Their shit movies. But to go see hunger games for the sole purpose of seeing how cool a kid's death scene is is on the same level as going to see twilight because of robert patterson and that other guy.

Do you actually enjoy filmography? Do you not watch movies for plot, scenery, dialogue, character development, etc.?

Shit on hunger games for the boring ass characters. Shit on it for the shitty actors. Shit on it for the long drawn out boring fluff they add in. Not...

>the fuggin kid's deaths aren't metal enuf for me
>>
>>62907102
If the movie is structured in such a way as to rely on that, and it doesn't deliver, then that's a perfectly valid criticism to make. Especially since the action was being criticized as being mediocre, it makes sense to say that bringing more brutality to the action would probably have improved it.
>>
>>62906763

I watched the first movie yesterday. Jesus Christ, why do people willingly go to cinema to watch more of this shite?

It was as if the creators thought they were the first ones to come up with the idea of lethal reality TV and spend half of the movie on boring bullshit. And when the games actually begin it's mostly a walk in the woods picking berries, with occasional deaths happening off-screen.

They ruined any potential for actual drama by killing off the girl that had saved the protagonist. She is the GOOD GIRL, so no, she has to remain unblemished, the only other contestant she got to like gets conveniantly killed by someone else.

Not only is this garbage, it is boring and annoying garbage. I don't know how I managed to watch the entire movie, I guess I was hoping for an interesting finale or the girl being forced to kill someone she didn't want to kill and it didn't happen.
>>
>>62907102

But besides the eponymous games there is no interesting plot, just generic love drama, generic dystopia, generic 'lethal TV show' (even fucking Doctor Who got this better than Hunger Games) , so when even the killing is unsatisfying in a film with nothing interesting besides the killing...
>>
>>62906807
lol this is true. Women are a meme.
>>
>>62906838
>japanese movies
I hope you don't do this
>>
>>62907003

It's a shame the 'environmental hazards' turns into flaming dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark they shoot bees after the first movie.
>>
>/tv/ doesn't understand demographics and normal people
you guys really are autistic
>>
>>62906784
Sometimes.
I remember Jennifer shot someone with a bow in cold blood in the first movie.
>>
>>62906763
the same as those storys where a beta loser gets with a hot girl (sometimes 2) just because he asks for consent 5 times and is willing to go down on her.
>>
>>62907555
>I knew it was shit and I decided to watch it anyways
truly retarded
>>
>>62907001
>What I was interested in was the dystopian society in the Hunger Games universe. Seeing the capital city and all the districts was cool as fuck. Seeing the wealthy elite in the capital interacting and what they do with their wealth was cool as fuck. Unfortunately all of that lasts maybe 20 minutes in all of the films thus far.
divergent had better sub classes. as for the rich,thats very generic, all the rich people act the same in these type of stories (even when pro tag is rich,which is rare)
>>
>>62906772
This
>>
>>62906794
>It's Disney
what lel
no its not
>>
>>62906989
>Makes for awesome fighting.
only on paper. it could make a good fps mmo.
>>62907024
in YA books the setting is usually irrelevant, it could be set during The Great Boston Fire of 1872 and protag will be upset about how homly her dress looks,how some dying guy smudged it, all the while the supporting guy who lost his legs will be complimenting her about how well she is handling the emotional pain and how he has never seen anyone as emotionally strong as her. he will also apologize for not giving up his arms to save her from this pain.
>>
She looks like Voldemort.
>>
>>62906763
Teenage power fantasies realised in the form of adequately well-made movies. We all dreamed about doing shit like this when we were 14 years old.
>>
Young grownups. It's been this way ever since Star Wars came out. A teenager looking for an adventure.
>>
>>62908435
>only on paper. it could make a good fps mmo.
h1z1 has basically devolved into this. They started making a dayz rip off and then added a battle royale mode and it was better than the base game.
>>
File: the floating head guy.png (789 KB, 1238x732) Image search: [Google]
the floating head guy.png
789 KB, 1238x732
>>62906763
No idea. Whenever I watch it when it's on TV, it just annoys the fuck out of me. This whole movie is basically about this retarded looking girl yelling "PEETAAAH, PEETAAAAAAA" all the time.

And of course this absolutely ridiclous, fucking disgusting costume and make-up design.
>>
>>62909175
>since star wars

yeah bro a young hero looking for adventure has never been done before that
>>
>>62908338
>I knew it was shit

but I didn't.
>>
Perpetuating the concept that all women are victims even though they are allegedly superior

Ideological fantasy shit that would disappear overnight if society broke down
>>
>>62908188
>flaming dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark they shoot bees
Did that actually happen?
>>
This and Twilight were those movies that I thought are fucking retarded shit for girls the ignorant faggot I am. I ended up relaizing that Twilight is actually pretty damn comfy with actually believable emotions which is pretty damn rare in media, but holy shit is this Hunger Games shit terrible in every way.

>>62910117
This is the worst actor ever.
>>
>>62906813
This. I hate to be the fedora saying WATCH BATTORU ROWAIRU INSTEAD but it's really so much better and it does everything that needs to be done in one movie.
>he doesn't know about the sequel
I know and its shit.
>>
Haven't seen any of these or that other Divergent whatever movies. Worth watching?
>>
>>62910330
No and divergent is absolute shit too. I haven't read the books but I swear it's like divergent ripped hunger games who ripped battle royale and it fucking shows, it's all new age kiddy teen romance shit
>>
>>62906763
To me, nothing.

Despite obvious author claims to the contrary, if you're going to be a blatant Battle Royal ripoff with a few new twists and bells, at least make it a good ripoff.
>>
It's generic YAshit. Fuck all these YA dystopias, they are all so fucking generic and all share the same fucking actors I swear to god. YAshit can take even the most interesting premise and boil it down to its most generic and boring form to the point where its indistinguishable and you forget all about its existence the second you leave the theaters
>>
>>62906763
They're trash, terrible and unoriginal tween movies that somehow gained appeal with womenchildren.
>>
Fantasy about middle class white girls sticking it to dem evil 1% capitalists.

Except the capitalists all look like your modern college student.
>>
>>62906763
> Thumb knuckle not resting on cheek
Why is it that no one handles a bow correctly?
>>
File: 1329946190963.png (6 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1329946190963.png
6 KB, 429x410
>>62906772
>Jennifer Lawrence is gorgeous
>>
>>62906772
>interesting plot
If you're a 14 year old girl perhabs
>>
>>62906772
>that triple action bait
>>
strong womyn for low test males: the movie
>>
>>62910726
you gay son?
>>
>Could have just followed the rebel army's coattails instead of going through somefucktarded underground path

Seriously, finnick didn't have to die such a shitty death.
>>
>>62911177
She's got a bit of the ol' butterface, anon.
>>
>>62911331
they couldn't risk being seen as cowards not actually fighting as that would ruin many of their spirits especially after she showed up on that plane and they thought she was front lines
>>
>>62911177
She's doing a good job of holding in all that blubber
>>
>>62906763
Teenage girls like them because they read the shitty books, so teenage boys like them to get their dick wet

The first one was okay but the rest were fucking terrible, It's like the author didn't realise the first book would ever be succesful and only shit them out for cash.
>>
>>62906838
>poor man's
>literally cost more and is way more successful
>>
>>62911467
>>62911467

I'm not even saying she's that gorgeous but she's an attractive woman. If you don't see that, you're probably slobbing on each other's knobs
>>
>>62911940
She's not though. She's average at best. Even after all of the makeup and Hollywood magic she's a 7/10 through and through, she's not a great actress and has no real skills that warrant all the attention she gets.
>>
I legit enjoyed the first one, second one was alright.

I have no desire to see the mockingjay ones
>>
File: 1360047321124 (1).png (845 KB, 960x717) Image search: [Google]
1360047321124 (1).png
845 KB, 960x717
>>62912012
>I have no desire to see the mockingjay ones

I say Mockingjay part 1 and now feel obliged to see Mockingjay part 2 even though part 1 was an absolutely awful movie and I know that Mockingjay feel 2 will be pretty mediocre

When will this shitty trend of splitting final movies in two end

The only place it wasn't completely awful was Harry Potter, and even then It was still questionable.

Will probably just pirate it in a couple of months
>>
>>62911885
mcdonalds also makes more money than that superior gourmet burger hole in the wall
>>
>>62912167
Just saw it. Its very bad. Nothing but dumb love triangle drama and plot is all over the place.

Dont be like me. Dont waste your money.
>>
>>62911885
Poor man's as in terms of overall story quality and enjoyment, which BR soars in.
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 720x960
>>62906763
There is none, people just go see it so they can tell their friends that they saw it when in reality they were on their phone for most of the film.

Pic unrelated, it's topless Jennifer Lawrence.
>>
I read the books a long time ago and only went to see the first movie in theatres, instantly hated the movie because, like how many have said in this thread, tame it was
It also left out really scary and brutal details like how at the end, the dogs that were released on the last survivor s had the eyes and hair color of the dead kids, like they turned the corpses into animals.this was the first movie, btw. Instead they just made a.generic looking grey dog.
>>
>>62912803
Gotta aim for that PG 13 rating. Besides you shouldn't blindly accept that the source material is better just because it's the source material. That dog thing seems edgy and rather ridiculous and I doubt it would sit well with general audiences.
>>
>>62912970

The concept of the dog things was dumb but the part where Katniss and Peeta are just sitting on top of the building for hours being forced to listen to Cato getting torn part by animals was pretty fucked-up.
>>
File: 1445519390041.png (2 MB, 640x820) Image search: [Google]
1445519390041.png
2 MB, 640x820
>>62906772
>Jennifer Lawrence is gorgeous, cool action scenes, and interesting plot.
>>
>>62912970
unless it was spelled out to general audiences by a character going "oh my god they have the same eye and hair color!!!!1" they likely wouldn't even notice.

that's another reason it's a bad idea: it's not even really clear visually.
>>
>>62906763
STRONK FEMALE
>>
>>62911982
>She's average at best
>she's a 7/10 through and through

anon~kun
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.